PDA

View Full Version : Pay aurum to bypass the 24h jump clone timer

Erdiere
June 29 2011, 10:41:03 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone has at some point found himself just jumpcloned in to a clone that is inappropriate or in a wrong place to take part in some sort of unforeseen action, and then missing it because of that.

This would allow you to make a yet another clone jump for aurum to a better place/clone and be allow you to take part in whatever it was that suddenly cropped up in the horizon.

You probably still wouldn't be using it all that much if it had the appropriate price, but CCP would still get some extra cash, because unplanned things do happen.

Don't know whether some extra restrictions would need to be placed on just how often you can clonejump, but would it really be such an huge advantage to people with money to burn that we'd need it?

FatFreddy
June 29 2011, 10:48:51 AM
:facepalm:

Erdiere
June 29 2011, 11:04:03 AM
k, so I didn't really consider the whole "get out from station camps" angle, just goes to show how it's really hard to try coming up something that isn't vanity and would work. :oops:

smagd
June 29 2011, 11:07:10 AM
I like the easy polls.

Mike deVoid
June 29 2011, 11:21:21 AM
Not acceptable as is it an MT for convenience that becomes MT for power, for power users.

Don Pellegrino
June 29 2011, 11:34:33 AM
It's already kind of possible for people to fight on 2 fronts in the same war. Shortening it would make it even easier, so no.

DarkStar_WNY
June 29 2011, 02:17:33 PM
Personally I would prefer there be a skill that would reduce the time for a single round trip per skill level cutting it in half at lvl 5.

What I mean by this is that if I'm in a pvp clone in 0.0 somewhere and have "Clone Return" (or whatever they would call it) to lvl 5 I could jump to clone in Jita to buy some crap and haul it to my jumping off point and 12 hours later return to my 0.0 clone, but since I've now completed a round trip it would be 24 hours before I could clonejump again.

Truthfully I'd even settle for shifting the time so I could complete a round trip 12 hours later but the 12 hours saved would be added to the next time so instead of 24 it would be 36 hours.

The idea being that it would benifit those that occasionally jump to or from empire and/or 0.0 without really changing the dynamic overall.

StevieTopSiders
June 29 2011, 03:21:27 PM
I've always thought this should be a skill thing. A 4x skill, where at level 5, you can jump every six hours. So I think that works out to... 15% reduction in Jump Clone cooldown per level? Make the skill cost somewhere between 2 and 10 million, and hello ISK sink!

DarkStar_WNY
June 29 2011, 04:16:24 PM
I've always thought this should be a skill thing. A 4x skill, where at level 5, you can jump every six hours. So I think that works out to... 15% reduction in Jump Clone cooldown per level? Make the skill cost somewhere between 2 and 10 million, and hello ISK sink!

I'm not sure about 6 hours, that might be a bit much, and my idea is cutting it down enough that say you play from 6-10 every night. Last night at 9 you jump clone back to empire from deep 0.0 and buy some crap and haul it to your jump off point and log for the night. As things sit now when you log on tonight at 6pm your still in empire and can't clone jump until 9pm and most people I know, and have talked to, simply log off once their empire errands are done since there is nothing left for them to do until they can clone jump again.

I understand wanting to limit it but IMO CCP shouldn't be making game mechanics such that the solution is not to play for a day.

Maybe the solution would be to make the skill decrease the time needed to jump to clones located in stations your alliances owns, down to 12 hours at level 5, while all others keep the 24 hour timer.

Obic
June 29 2011, 04:25:34 PM
Fixing/changing jump clones if done should not be fixed only for those who spend AUR

Saman Ayan
June 29 2011, 06:02:21 PM
It should be available for everyone. The JC timer could be shortened to 21-23h, to make it easier to switch between places if you're playing at similar times most days.

DarkStar_WNY
June 29 2011, 07:36:40 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying it should cost aur, unless they want to sell a skillbook to reduce the time before you can jumpclone in the Nex store instead of npc seeding it normally.

drizzcat
June 29 2011, 08:22:08 PM
No, Just NO.

the reason has been stated already. Power Gamers gonna Power Game.

Ben Derindar
June 29 2011, 08:59:58 PM
Do not touch.

Hell if anything, the JC timer should be made longer.

Ampoliros
June 29 2011, 11:21:48 PM
No

like the remap thing, if anything this should be a free incarna feature, with drawbacks being:

-decent isk/raw material cost
-potential skillpoint loss
-potential implant loss in one or both clones

zergl
June 29 2011, 11:33:16 PM
Didn't they already have that one in before? :P

Ampoliros
June 29 2011, 11:54:28 PM
Didn't they already have that one in before? :P

that was a bug, this would be a feature :razor: