PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Might and Magic VI

omeg
June 28 2011, 08:21:33 AM
Got a beta key yesterday, might have a look later. I literally have no idea what they changed this time, oh well. I spent a lot of time with HOMM3, 4 was terrible, 5 was better but I didn't play it much. We'll see.

Helicity
June 28 2011, 08:31:37 AM
oh god, tell me it's awesome, tell me it's awesome, tell me it's awesome.

my TBS needs are going unfulfilled.

donjehova
June 28 2011, 09:03:29 AM
Looking forward to this. Please tell me they have made the ai turn much much much quicker. That is what killed 5 for me

TurielD
June 28 2011, 09:14:27 AM
I can't bring myself to feel excited about this, I enjoyed the first two HOMM, then got pretty much bored by the third which was essentially no different, and didn't bother with 4 or 5... is there really going to be anything better about this one than booting up good old HOMM 2?

mrki
June 28 2011, 11:27:12 AM
oh god, tell me it's awesome, tell me it's awesome, tell me it's awesome.

my TBS needs are going unfulfilled.

This.

I can't bring myself to feel excited about this, I enjoyed the first two HOMM, then got pretty much bored by the third which was essentially no different, and didn't bother with 4 or 5... is there really going to be anything better about this one than booting up good old HOMM 2?

What the fuck are you on? HOMM3 was really good and polished and I'd say significantly better than II, IV was shit, but V was again really good. Sure, the graphics could have been a more pretty (where HOMM3 excelled) but I can't remember a single thing that bothered me in HOMMV. It was just a really really good and enjoyable game. HOMM series and King's Bounty are among the rare games that can hold my attention for weeks without interruption.

CrzyLgs
June 28 2011, 11:41:18 AM

My exact experience. Although now i'm going to have to install HOMM 2 again! :D

Venec
June 28 2011, 11:48:18 AM
There are people that didn't liked HoMM 3? :psyduck:

aycee
June 28 2011, 12:22:27 PM
the beta version I played wouldn't stop crashing and corrupting my saves ugh!

the game overall is an improvement imo over H5 with hero development no longer having randomly available skills and random spells from mages guilds but instead being picked from a more typical rpg like level up interface and I liked the general feel of the game.

the balance was all out of whack though with, for example, sanctuary's champion tier water dragon creature having an ability that any friendly creature moving through a trail it left would immediately get to move again and you could theoretically make a near unlimited number of attacks per turn with any stack by continuously moving through this trail.

Redclaws
June 28 2011, 12:52:08 PM
ARg shit where can I get a beta key!

KalRyan
June 28 2011, 02:23:06 PM
WTB Beta Key, too. :(

Venec
June 30 2011, 07:00:34 PM
Yogscast did beta gameplay:

[youtube:28m90t8u]T7oxNBahCXs[/youtube:28m90t8u]

EDIT:

Looks really... simple and unpolished, even for beta.

Loire
July 1 2011, 03:45:33 AM
Might and Magic VI. Such good memories.

Gralg
July 1 2011, 03:53:29 AM
Well as long as it isn't a bloaty piece of shit like 5 was (seriously at the time I bought it I'd just built myself the UBERMACHINE PC and it STILL took a ridiculous amount of time for turns to be processed) its all good.

CrzyLgs
July 1 2011, 11:14:14 AM
Been playing HOMM3 a lil bit theses last couple of evenings... Good times :D

Think i'd gotten my timeline mixed up earlier. HOMM3 seems pretty much the same as 2? unless my memory is failing me :S

Oooh well... regardless hope 6 turns out well!

balistic void
July 1 2011, 11:17:25 AM
Homm5 runs well on sandy vag + radeon 6970 @ 2560x1440 for me :D

Rhaegor Stormborn
July 3 2011, 05:03:57 PM
I am tempted to buy, but want to hear more opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxejyj4My-8

Zimmy
July 19 2012, 08:34:32 AM
With the long awaited jesus-patch 1.5 out now that was promised to fix balancing and reintroduce town screens- anyone here who still plays this? Is the game worth it now with the new patch?
I really want to love it, I really do....

Zimmy
July 19 2012, 08:34:46 AM
(fail doublepost)

Ra owa
July 19 2012, 03:16:49 PM
Did this new patch fix the multiplayer connectivity issues?

Venec
July 19 2012, 03:40:17 PM
I wasn't even aware that this came out.

Zimmy
July 20 2012, 06:46:12 AM
Did this new patch fix the multiplayer connectivity issues?

Not sure..ubisoft seems to be pretty good at hiding their patchnotes.
I am just asking because the feedback (http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=37803 )is just a little too postive for me to believable. And since FHC is reliable in hating everything, I just thought I'd ask around here for a second opinion before I reinstall the game...