PDA

View Full Version : [MEGATHREAD] Perpetuum down

Kalnov
June 28 2011, 12:01:07 AM
I CANNOT SHOOT MY MISSILES WITH SPIDERBOT

I AM SAD

Hehulk
June 28 2011, 12:02:55 AM
They just re-patched the servers, come back in 9 minutes.

L'oiseau
June 28 2011, 12:03:49 AM
CHILL :obama:

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I'VE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY TO LOG INALSHDASKDHALSKDH

EDIT: ITS BACK UP

Takon Orlani
June 28 2011, 12:23:06 AM
ITS UP

Tyrus Tenebros
June 28 2011, 01:13:58 AM
Hey the updater didnt suck a dick this time.

Hope server is up.

Kalnov
June 28 2011, 01:17:43 AM
I just panicked because server was down when I got home.

Everything is cool now. Except extremely laggy for me :/

Maksim
June 28 2011, 01:27:04 AM
The devs just announced that after trying the whole day, the server lag won and most of them are going to sleep.
Oh well.

Lana Torrin
June 28 2011, 01:35:29 AM
So NeX got 200 members overnight.. Countless new subs still on trial and cant join.. We are killing there servers... And someone said we were an insignificant amount of players...

Tyrus Tenebros
June 28 2011, 03:48:38 AM
So NeX got 200 members overnight.. Countless new subs still on trial and cant join.. We are killing there servers... And someone said we were an insignificant amount of players...
The devs must be shitting themselves about losing subs cause of this if they're at all serious about making it big.

Lana Torrin
June 28 2011, 04:42:57 AM
[quote="Lana Torrin":283bmwf2]So NeX got 200 members overnight.. Countless new subs still on trial and cant join.. We are killing there servers... And someone said we were an insignificant amount of players...
The devs must be shitting themselves about losing subs cause of this if they're at all serious about making it big.[/quote:283bmwf2]

Personally I'm happy to give them some slack.. Its not like eve is up all the time and we did kinda just dump a tone of people on to their servers..

Dirk
June 28 2011, 07:51:24 AM
Time until FHC has its first perpetuum bittervet? I'm gonna go with something like 2 weeks

PraetorNZ
June 28 2011, 07:55:58 AM
yea im happy to give them some time. they did get a shitload of us dumped on them all at once and they do actually listen/talk with us

Tailn
June 28 2011, 09:46:37 AM
The most positive thing that I have ever seen about avatar creations is that they want to get the game polished and right before worrying about players, hence why they still have not made any major push on publicity.
They have spoken out many times against players suggestions that they go to this site or that site and get some big splashy adverts, they are more happy to have some more players but that said they are under no illusions that at this stage of the games lifecycle holding on to players who donít desperately want to be there is more effort and distracting than worthwhile.
If you find the game patchy, missing features or just not quite engaging come back in 6 mths. i have and the difference is amazing.

So expect the devs to fix things that are broken, but donít expect them to worry about catering or hunting masses of new players over completing the features that they want in and *finishing* the features they already have.

I subbed for a whole bunch of time even after I decided not to play just because I knew I would be back and that the game and the devs have got it right and just need a little more time :) (having 180k sp to come back to was nice as well)

Blutreiter
June 28 2011, 03:39:08 PM
The Devs have provided a workaround while they are trying to sort things out... basically the server is still capped atm, but they raised the limit by quite a bit to allow players to log on.

Dodgy Past
June 28 2011, 03:50:09 PM
At least there's no risk of panic attacks because you can't put on a new skill.

Maksim
June 28 2011, 09:34:11 PM
Latest dev post on the server lag issue:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi ... rs/page/6/ (http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/2683/server-load-issues-in-the-last-48-hours/page/6/)

Before we went to bed last night, we started recording what the servers was doing. Today we played it back, analyzed the data and got to the point where we can reproduce the issue. A simple minor task suddenly starts taking magnitudes longer and things can go to hell from there if we do not cap the load on it.

So the issue is isolated, 'all' we have to do is find out what causes it. Thank you for your support and your patience with us, we really appreciate it.

Resi
June 28 2011, 10:11:00 PM
Does this mean they have spaghetti code like EVE?

And that whenever there's a big patch hilarious bugs pop up?

Count me in if so

Maksim
June 28 2011, 11:05:22 PM
Does this mean they have spaghetti code like EVE?

And that whenever there's a big patch hilarious bugs pop up?

Count me in if so

Don't know for sure about spaghetti code, but highly likely.

Apparently, the game has supported 900 people in the past just fine, but they have had many patches since then, each one supposedly increasing the performance and capacity. Now it struggles with 600. :derper:

Resi
June 28 2011, 11:42:51 PM
ah, just like (good, old) EVE, then :companioncube:

EchoEpsilon23
June 28 2011, 11:46:43 PM
What code isn't tangled up is beyond me.

Tyrus Tenebros
June 29 2011, 12:23:53 AM
Server down for a hotfix.

Maksim
June 29 2011, 02:05:53 AM
Well, this wasn't the day we fixed the server. We are going to get some rest and carry on tomorrow. We have isolated where the problem is, so we did make progress today.

Until then a 350 player cap is in effect. At the moment we do not have the tools to make distinction between paying and trial players. All this time we spend chasing this issue will be free of charge to all of you.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience, we will do our best to get this out of the way!

The cap is now even lower.

On that note, someone please crash so I can log in.