PDA

View Full Version : PvP skill tree needed

Lana Torrin
June 27 2011, 03:28:17 PM
Ok what I really need is a list of what I should be putting my SP in to.. I apparently can already pilot a medium bot but I cant afford one.. What are good support skills to start with??

Dodgy Past
June 27 2011, 03:45:50 PM
Was interested in this but also advice on how stats affect spending your learning points.

Started a trial maxed with the 2 combat attributes, had a look at the requirements and figured I'd better figure stuff out before spending any points on anything since they can be used on any character on the same account and if I've goofed I can make another character.

FatFreddy
June 27 2011, 03:47:20 PM
You are literally too dumb and lazy to google/read the offical forums for 30secs. Congratulations.

Damien Grammaticus
June 27 2011, 03:53:53 PM
Ok what I really need is a list of what I should be putting my SP in to.. I apparently can already pilot a medium bot but I cant afford one.. What are good support skills to start with??

I too would like an answer to this question, since I just started a couple days ago.

But I suspect the answer is "pretty much what it was in EVE." I couldn't quite fit 4 [strike:3paqsj0n]hybird[/strike:3paqsj0n] electromagnetic guns on my [strike:3paqsj0n]frigate[/strike:3paqsj0n] light bot because I was using too much [strike:3paqsj0n]grid[/strike:3paqsj0n] reactor. And I couldn't afford a [strike:3paqsj0n]reactor control[/strike:3paqsj0n] coreactor yet. So I realized I needed to train [strike:3paqsj0n]Weapon Upgrades[/strike:3paqsj0n] Optimized Weapon Usage to 5 (which lowers CPU) as a prereq to [strike:3paqsj0n]Adv Weapon Upgrades[/strike:3paqsj0n] Economical Weapon Usage, which lowers [strike:3paqsj0n]grid[/strike:3paqsj0n] reactor needed for weapons.

Or maybe this link (http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/eve_to_po_translation) sums it up better.

fubar
June 27 2011, 06:51:20 PM
imo, stick to assaults for a while as mechs are fairly EP heavy and pricey. I think this list is fairly close to a decent set of core skills, though I may be missing some. in many cases, getting an extension to 5 is cheap; from 6 on the price increases dramatically (e.g. Nav 9 to 10 for a combat toon is something like 9k EP)

core skills -
Navigation - some people will tell you it has to be at 10, don't be stupid; get it to 6-7 to start
Long range targeting - 4+
Accelerated target locking - 4+
Targeting - 3 or so; assault bots can lock 4 targets
Energy management - increase accum recharge
Accumulator expansion - increase accum amount
Reactor expansion - increase reactor amount
Data processing - 4+; increase cpu
Mechanics - moar HP (after lvl 5 or so, it may be cheaper to get levels in complex mechanics)
Complex mechanics - moar HP

weapon skills -
basic optics/ballistics/magnetostatics - depending on race
sharpshooting/propellant mixing - moar range
rapid firing/complex missile launch - ROF
missile guidance - lowers chance of missing (base 10%, I think, for missiles to go walkabout)
seismics - moar damage, missile only
precision firing - lazors/rails, moar damage to smaller targets
improved falloff - lazors/rails, does what it says on the tin
demobilization - long range demobs req level 5

basic skills are generally for small weapons, and advanced are for medium.

bot skills -
basic robotics - 4+; don't go nuts as it only applies to light and assault bots
advanced robotics - for mechs; heavy mechs req level 4
<race> robot control - 4 for assaults, 5 for mechs, 7 for EW mechs and 8 for heavies
spec ops robot control - for EW bots; 4 for assault, 5 for mechs, 8 for heavies

/me adds 'core skill guides' to his wiki todo list

Tyrus Tenebros
June 28 2011, 01:15:19 AM
holy shit that's a bit hard to parse for a noob.

Tailn
June 28 2011, 09:47:39 AM
What frankie said is good :)

Dodgy Past
June 28 2011, 03:46:28 PM
You are literally too dumb and lazy to google/read the official forums for 30secs. Congratulations.Don't be a cunt.

I did google, but didn't get a feel whether if you wanted to focus on combat you should max the 2 combat stats or whether putting something in R&D is worthwhile as it crops up a bit. Also are you better creating a market alt for the economic stuff?

E.G. if I was was stuck with no remaps on Eve high perception with a decent dollop of intelligence is a nice balance to cover both ship / drone / support skills.

This is coming from someone who put a few hours into researching his starting stats and didn't use a remap until 8 months after they were introduced as I'd got them so well balanced.

Tailn
June 28 2011, 04:09:03 PM
At release all plans were 1 char pvp, 1 char mining, 1 char production, 1 char research and prototype. Some even went as far as splitting refining and recycling out to separate chars. Bear in mind that these were generally spread over a corp you only need 1 research char for example.
And yes they were min-maxed in the attributes. Not sure how it goes now but I cant see it being hugely different, aside from the massive race to hit best efficiency and highest Tier modules that there was in the first few months.

Dodgy Past
June 28 2011, 05:30:22 PM
Had a play with the skill training tool, maxed out all the PvP type skills including supports and it did appear that min-maxing for the 2 combat skills was what it recommended.

ThonEney
June 28 2011, 07:16:41 PM
Do you gain SP on all your characters or is it per account?

Hehulk
June 28 2011, 07:28:54 PM
per account

Lana Torrin
June 29 2011, 01:36:14 AM
You know what I have discovered about this game and eve because of the new skill tree? EveMon fucking rocks..

The perp devs should come read these here forums for a good example of what people want to know. The skill layout in eve fucking sucks.. I know they pretty much copied it (except they go all the way to up 10!) but improving on shit generally just gives you better quality shit.. They should include a skill browser in the game like evemon has.

Tailn
June 29 2011, 09:28:10 AM
perpetuum planner is what your looking for. Not as awesome but still decent.

And unfortunately no longer being worked on :(. so looking for some one to make a supportable version of perpmon and PFT.

Gix Tyrionn
June 29 2011, 04:40:58 PM
Had a play with the skill training tool, maxed out all the PvP type skills including supports and it did appear that min-maxing for the 2 combat skills was what it recommended.

Hybrid builds are fuxxored. With the exception of you deciding to cross train (rofl use an alt) the attributes are actually well pretty forward in what they effect (combat for 99% of combat skills etc)

Torashuu
June 29 2011, 06:50:38 PM
So basically 3 slots on one account, one character for each specialization min/maxed means maximum efficiency in EP spent.

Tailn
June 29 2011, 08:46:17 PM
So basically 3 slots on one account, one character for each specialization min/maxed means maximum efficiency in EP spent.

Except there are a lot of skills that are shared mostly the fitting skills and those can take a decent amount of ep.