PDA

View Full Version : Making money. AKA IM TERRIBLE!

Liare
June 26 2011, 02:30:27 PM
so i got a Yagel, 4 Standard EM shooter thingies (LOOK MA! IM PEWING RAILGUNZ!) and zip about on the starter island shooting stuff, and its amusing enough but i doubt its terribly efficient, and some of those NPC bots can put rather big dents in my little Yagel quickly too, more than two of those "1 star" buggers at a time and i pretty much need to beat a hasty retreat.

however, being a utter nub wears off after a while i imagine, so what to do ?

zangorus
June 26 2011, 02:37:23 PM
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2544 (http://failheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2544)
Ive just been around roaming killing NPCs and shit

Maksim
June 26 2011, 04:45:29 PM
A great way to make money for starting characters, but a bit of a grind is to do couriers:
http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/mission_running

Basically, run around between the 3 trade hubs and grind standing/money in transport missions to do the following 3 things:
1. Get to 0.21 standing with the corps
2. Get the money to train Industrial Robots 4, Basic Robotics 4
3. Buy a Sequer

The starting SP is enough to get all those skills + get some Nav skills (to do it faster), it is mostly a question of money and standings.

I finally got to this point and now I am earning 60k per teleport. Unfortunately, they took down the server to do some fixes before I could really milk it.

If the standings sharing work in groups as it does in EVE, I can team up with people to help them get the standings/isk to get there. Just contact "Tangent" in the game (unfortunately, you can't convo or PM people if you have trial accounts).

Belk
June 26 2011, 05:43:48 PM
Game is super laggy because of eve Exodus.

Someone PM me the NEX ts server details and those who are profit mined can meet there.

L'oiseau
June 26 2011, 06:02:47 PM
Game is super laggy because of eve Exodus.

Someone PM me the NEX ts server details and those who are profit mined can meet there.
That works right up until you need someone to hand out TS permissions. ;)

Mi Lai
June 26 2011, 06:05:14 PM
Just downloaded it, ingame name ' Zod'. Had no idea what to choose on char creation, but assume like in EVE you can choose other races / specs as you go along anyway.

Just did the tuturial. Things take forever because of lag though. Takes several minutes for a chatline to appear and docking takes forever. Been waiting for the graphics to appear for 5 minutes now inside station :(.

Tyrus Tenebros
June 26 2011, 06:42:41 PM
The basic combat missions run you 30k reward + loot.

The loot you want to get, primarily, is the reactor goo stuff,which drops in abundance from most bots.

The easiest low-level spawn I've found are the "Servant heralds" which drop a ton of green goo.

By the way the loot system is based on the first person to hit the rat, which will give you a green circle next to the icon. Shooting yellow crossed rats is useless as their loot is going to other people.

This also has limited griefing potential if you can manage to lock and fire on several rats that 5-6 people are shooting at.

Mi Lai
June 26 2011, 07:31:56 PM
The basic combat missions run you 30k reward + loot.

The loot you want to get, primarily, is the reactor goo stuff,which drops in abundance from most bots.

The easiest low-level spawn I've found are the "Servant heralds" which drop a ton of green goo.

By the way the loot system is based on the first person to hit the rat, which will give you a green circle next to the icon. Shooting yellow crossed rats is useless as their loot is going to other people.

This also has limited griefing potential if you can manage to lock and fire on several rats that 5-6 people are shooting at.

Noticed that, hence I trained up the PO version of Sig anal :).

As for skills, I believe it's 1 EP per minute or something?

fubar
June 26 2011, 08:48:00 PM
If the standings sharing work in groups as it does in EVE, I can team up with people to help them get the standings/isk to get there. Just contact "Tangent" in the game (unfortunately, you can't convo or PM people if you have trial accounts).

I can't find the damn post, but I believe there's either a cut-off or diminishing returns for sharing standings. Try it, figure out which it is and let us know. :slaver:

fubar
June 26 2011, 08:49:30 PM
As for skills, I believe it's 1 EP per minute or something?

Yep, but only while you have an active subscription.

L'oiseau
June 26 2011, 09:09:08 PM
http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/account_reset

In case anyone goofed on EP distribution.

Maksim
June 27 2011, 09:16:25 PM

I can't find the damn post, but I believe there's either a cut-off or diminishing returns for sharing standings. Try it, figure out which it is and let us know. :slaver:

I don't have specific numbers for you, but sharing the standings in a squad seems to work well. Getting starting players into lvl1 missions and ships needed to run them is well worth it, as the payout and standing gains for lvl0's are both terrible.

Lots of people don't do missions and just rat. That also works well, but the ammo costs are a pita.

Nicho Void
June 28 2011, 04:06:26 PM
I've heard word that searching for artifacts is good money. It requires some skills, but not much, and from what I read, artifact seeding is unique to the player, so you'll never be competing for resources.

Blutreiter
June 28 2011, 04:34:40 PM
Myself, I am doing reasonably well with the transport missions. The big issue here is, it is reliable, you dont fight over resources or targets with other players and most importantly, you dont have to spend anything, so there are zero running costs.

Mr Rivers
June 28 2011, 04:59:24 PM
Heres a pro fucking tip i shouldnt be sharing but i dont care because i have goten enough nic to buy a mech in 2 hours:

http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=1116079

RIGHT, on every island, you will see a few tech 3/4 spawn, they are normally on top of hills. To my knowledge, all the t3/4 spawns are only 2 mechs, an assault and a light mech. The chances of them dropping high tech stuff is low. I have yet to get anything. However, the kernels dropped from the light bot are worth ~30k each on the open market. And you get 60 plasma from each one.

I've been soloing the one im farming in a assault mech, its hard, but well worth the payouts (i make ~1.5m an hour if i grind the hell out of them). Try to pick one close to a station so you can drop the loot off