PDA

View Full Version : a cry for help

EntroX
January 4 2017, 07:37:20 AM
mentelgen, some of you may have seen this coming but im sorry to disappoint you, its not what you think.

i would much rather avoid making a huge fuzz about it but i think you guys deserve a proper explanation, no real tl;dr will be offered but hopefully i wont really drag this along too far.

as i hinted before and i think spasm did too i'm not doing well personally, i have been going trough some rough times personally and emotionally and as it may seem very obvious to some if not most of you i have been slowly but steadily fading away from the community. i wanted to open FHC with the simple goal of keeping what was left of the SHC community alive, i committed myself to try and have as little impact to it as possible while keeping it running but i have failed to do so. yes the forum works, yes it has room to grow but sadly my situation has affected the personal portion of my commitment and to put it bluntly i cant do it anymore.

you don't have to believe me when i say that i want to keep it running, i really do, but i cant really accept the current situation as full filling the promise i made all of you in the first place which is the reason i am posting this

i want you guys, the community, to help me find someone who can take charge, someone who can and wants to be involved in the day to day situation of the community. i have no issues whatsoever to keep the site itself running, i think i did a fairly decent job setting it up and mechanically its pretty much self sufstaining. economically speaking thanks to the advertisements it almost pays itself, some of you still have ongoing donations that help cover whatever the ad revenue doesnt cover and even tho its been very rare i have paid for it myself and have no issues with continuing to do so. i am just disappointed in myself for not giving you

all of this is coming as i can think of it and it comes from my heart, feel free to mock me or insult me or call me whatever you may but i promise you that no matter what i will do my best to keep the show running

all of you deserved this explanation and hopefully we can figure out a way so we can continue to be

yours,
Samuel

duckduck
January 4 2017, 08:06:11 AM
Big Hugs mate.

I can't help more than that, but I'm sure others can. And we really appreciate all your efforts. This is my only consistent online community - thanks.

Jolin
January 4 2017, 08:06:40 AM
I really hope that whatever personal situation you are facing resolves itself quickly and happily. You are a true mentlegen and everyone is gay for your D.

Is it too early to put name in the hat?

sarabando
January 4 2017, 08:28:07 AM
This community and the one before it are what have kept me going through the last few years. SHC/FHC has been a bedrock that i can go away from and come back to when i need it, through this i have meet 3 guys and one sleepy slav who i now consider RL friends.

I want this place to stay up shit posts and all.

+juan for Jolin

Smuggo
January 4 2017, 08:51:11 AM
All the forum really needs is a new moderation team. Most of the old ones don't post anymore, so just give a couple of trustworthy people the ability to appoint a new mod team and keep it refreshed as old mods die off.

The only major problem with the forum recently is the spambots but even that seems to have gotten under control, we just need mods there to step in when it becomes a problem again.

Stoffl
January 4 2017, 09:26:24 AM
It wouldn't hurt to give admin access to an old and trustworthy member who knows his shit around forams.
Isn't there lots of stuff even global mods can't do ?`

Get well tr0x.

Daneel Trevize
January 4 2017, 09:46:37 AM
You've done a fine job dude, it's been up and kept trucking for years without seeming to decay. It's a rock, in a good way.
It was only the recent evolving spam bots beating the filters that afaik caused any need for more attention.

Go get well, don't worry about this thing, it'll be fine so long as someone can purge spam, and in the worst case get to fully restart the services+apply security updates+delete files.

Zeekar
January 4 2017, 10:22:00 AM
It wouldn't hurt to give admin access to an old and trustworthy member who knows his shit around forams.

Get well tr0x.

Helgur maybe?

Smuggo
January 4 2017, 10:24:51 AM

Get well tr0x.

Helgur maybe?

I vote Smarnca.

Stoffl
January 4 2017, 10:32:57 AM
Topest Keks

Nordstern
January 4 2017, 11:33:58 AM
i want you guys, the community, to help me find someone who can take charge, someone who can and wants to be involved in the day to day situation of the community. i have no issues whatsoever to keep the site itself running, i think i did a fairly decent job setting it up and mechanically its pretty much self sufstaining. economically speaking thanks to the advertisements it almost pays itself, some of you still have ongoing donations that help cover whatever the ad revenue doesnt cover and even tho its been very rare i have paid for it myself and have no issues with continuing to do so.
Would you be willing to consider selling the site and hardware to someone who will keep it running?

Mendolorian Girl
January 4 2017, 11:59:28 AM
mentelgen, some of you may have seen this coming but im sorry to disappoint you, its not what you think.

i would much rather avoid making a huge fuzz about it but i think you guys deserve a proper explanation, no real tl;dr will be offered but hopefully i wont really drag this along too far.

as i hinted before and i think spasm did too i'm not doing well personally, i have been going trough some rough times personally and emotionally and as it may seem very obvious to some if not most of you i have been slowly but steadily fading away from the community. i wanted to open FHC with the simple goal of keeping what was left of the SHC community alive, i committed myself to try and have as little impact to it as possible while keeping it running but i have failed to do so. yes the forum works, yes it has room to grow but sadly my situation has affected the personal portion of my commitment and to put it bluntly i cant do it anymore.

you don't have to believe me when i say that i want to keep it running, i really do, but i cant really accept the current situation as full filling the promise i made all of you in the first place which is the reason i am posting this

i want you guys, the community, to help me find someone who can take charge, someone who can and wants to be involved in the day to day situation of the community. i have no issues whatsoever to keep the site itself running, i think i did a fairly decent job setting it up and mechanically its pretty much self sufstaining. economically speaking thanks to the advertisements it almost pays itself, some of you still have ongoing donations that help cover whatever the ad revenue doesnt cover and even tho its been very rare i have paid for it myself and have no issues with continuing to do so. i am just disappointed in myself for not giving you

all of this is coming as i can think of it and it comes from my heart, feel free to mock me or insult me or call me whatever you may but i promise you that no matter what i will do my best to keep the show running

all of you deserved this explanation and hopefully we can figure out a way so we can continue to be

yours,
Samuel

As somebody that's spent the last 9 months nursing my failing company into it's grave and dealing with all the personal issues (shit loads of anxiety) that come along with that, and it meaning I'm incapable of fulfilling promises I'd made elsewhere, as well as my personal projects... I can relate, it sucks to have to hand it off, but you're doing it properly, so mad props.

Mendolorian Girl
January 4 2017, 12:00:24 PM

Get well tr0x.

Helgur maybe?

Lana Torrin
January 4 2017, 12:21:46 PM
We dont need no stinkin mods!

Also you'll get through your shit Trox and we all wish you well. Things always look bad while you're in them but once you get though it never looks quite so bad looking back.

vDJ
January 4 2017, 01:34:23 PM
Good luck with everything you're going through.

tHornton
January 4 2017, 06:21:24 PM
as an established and respected member of the community im gnna have to call a veto on helgur

Smuggo
January 4 2017, 06:28:58 PM
as an established and respected member of the community im gnna have to call a veto on helgur

Can I count on your support for Team Smarnca?

W0lf Crendraven
January 4 2017, 07:33:57 PM
best wishes

Tellenta
January 4 2017, 08:06:51 PM
Take car of you and yours m8ers. Just give needed controls to someone only vaguely dumb and we'll shitpost from there.

helgur
January 4 2017, 08:11:58 PM
Samuel, you got my gratitude for sticking with this for so long and for what you have done for the community. And I'm sad to hear that you're dealing with issues irl. I really hope things sorts out for you soon m8. Also, thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I didn't really think people thought that way. I'm willing to step up to the task granted Samuel runs me through the current setup. But I leave that decision to him, surely there's other people here that he knows, that is both up to the task and willing to take it on aswell.

Personally I feel it's important to conserve failheap and keep it running and I'm willing to put a lot of work and time in doing so. If there's anything you need me to do, if it's a small task, or big give me a shout and I'll step up. Coincidentally I have a lot of free time on my hands these days, so it's not a big sacrifice for me.

56k Lagman
January 4 2017, 08:12:15 PM
I like it here mate you did good whatever the next step is for FHC I'll be there to shitpost you can count on me

cullnean
January 4 2017, 08:40:29 PM
big ups sam

Cortess
January 4 2017, 08:44:48 PM
Bestest of forums from Bestest of owners.

Hope your situation gets better as soon as possible.

And even if worse comes to worst and FHC ceases to exist, we'll know it was without ill will.

tHornton
January 4 2017, 08:47:42 PM
Does fhc actually require "a lot of work and time"? Just some semi active moderation to clear the obvious spam bots is all that's needed so we can go back to being bads in piece

Lorkin Desal
January 4 2017, 08:58:52 PM
Biggest Hugs for everything that you are going though and for everything you have done for this community Sam. Should you ever need to vent, come at me bro.

If you want my opinion, I'd keep spasm and upgrade Helgur. Because of the shifts I work I'm on at dodgy times of the day, But I do get a lot of time off where I'd be willing to help with anything.

Big Love

Lorks

EntroX
January 4 2017, 09:12:40 PM
first of all id like to thank you guys for your kind words, it means a lot to me

but there is something i want to make very clear since i think i am giving the wrong impression somewhat, i have no intentions of closing the site or letting it die, i am just sharing my reality with all of you that as i am right now i cannot fulfill what i wanted to do for all of you and that i want to find a way to do so

mentally and emotionally i cant deal with people right now, it pains me to say so but that is how i feel and its both embarrassing and upsetting that i have let this go on for so long and for that i'm sorry

56k Lagman
January 4 2017, 09:21:09 PM
please let it die please

Eard
January 4 2017, 09:59:05 PM
Best of luck working through your issues :companioncube:

and thanks for everything you've done to keep this (terrible) community together, it's really appreciated.

long live the reign of helgur, since I have no real input and he seems as good as anyone

cullnean
January 4 2017, 10:06:36 PM
first of all id like to thank you guys for your kind words, it means a lot to me

but there is something i want to make very clear since i think i am giving the wrong impression somewhat, i have no intentions of closing the site or letting it die, i am just sharing my reality with all of you that as i am right now i cannot fulfill what i wanted to do for all of you and that i want to find a way to do so

mentally and emotionally i cant deal with people right now, it pains me to say so but that is how i feel and its both embarrassing and upsetting that i have let this go on for so long and for that i'm sorry

couple of mods and someone you can trust as admin and we can run it for you, sure spasm has an idea who can help.

Smarnca
January 4 2017, 10:12:28 PM
Maybe we can somehow sell it to the Chinese or Russian hackers

Lana Torrin
January 4 2017, 10:33:59 PM
Maybe we can somehow sell it to the Chinese or Russian hackers
Figured we already had.

The level of trolling in this thread is quite low. Kinda touching how much we all love the Trox..

Approaching Walrus
January 4 2017, 10:34:23 PM
helgur as admin would be nice

really all we need is more moderators and someone who can appoint then so we can purge the bots with great vengeance and furious anger

hope you make it through what is troubling you in all seriousness

RazoR
January 4 2017, 11:51:07 PM
get well trox

just remind yourself you dont live in russia

or iceland
as an established and respected member of the community im gnna have to call a veto on helgur+1

Shaftoes
January 5 2017, 12:10:02 AM
Thank you for running the site for so many years entrox and I hope you manage to sort your shit out as amicably as possible.

I pretty much echo the rest of the people in this thread. Helgur would be a decent admin and if you can give him the power to fully mod and unmod people then he could easily assign willing people to take charge of subforums and purge shit mods. After we have an active admin the forum will keep on trucking for years if you are still wiling to handle hosting.

Tellenta
January 5 2017, 12:12:37 AM

Oh shi- I acted human.

Eat a giant bag of donkey dicks.

There we go, I feel better.

Maximillian
January 5 2017, 03:28:35 AM
Maybe sell the site to the Democrat National Committee? They need a new server.

Jokes aside EntroX you have managed to create something rare with FHC - a mostly self-moderating and self-supporting online community that has survived the drift away from its initial purpose as an unofficial EvE forum to become a small international community of bads, autists and shitposters who have formed a weird little society.

Life is far more important however so step away and get things back in order mate.

And a +1 for helgur as admin/super mod.

GeromeDoutrande
January 5 2017, 11:07:35 AM

Jokes aside EntroX you have managed to create something rare with FHC - a mostly self-moderating and self-supporting online community that has survived the drift away from its initial purpose as an unofficial EvE forum to become a small international community of bads, autists and shitposters who have formed a weird little society.

Life is far more important however so step away and get things back in order mate.

All of this, and I would like to thank you, Entrox, for all you have been doing for us. Do not think for a second that you have anything to be sorry for as far as FHC is concerned.

Edit: If any help is needed I am happy to contribute. I can do sysadmin for something like FHC (although there will be better people on here) and I can manage people/posts as needed.

Seamus
January 5 2017, 11:51:25 AM
Feel better soon dude, top chap!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sarabando
January 5 2017, 11:51:28 AM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/IL1sMUfQVRNFC/200_s.gif

Eszencia
January 5 2017, 05:23:26 PM
Best wishes to you Entrox, your efforts (active or otherwise) are appreciated hugely by this reader of the preeminent professional posting environment out there.

Smuggo
January 5 2017, 06:13:36 PM
Ch*o bạn Smuggo

Smuggo
January 6 2017, 11:10:56 AM
Starting to think this was just a troll thread like the one spasm made asking for people to become moderators.

We got duped again, gg wp.

spasm
January 6 2017, 01:24:19 PM
This is not a troll thread. We'll have information for you all soon™, I'm helping entrox with this as best as possible.

Djan Seriy Anaplian
January 6 2017, 03:39:33 PM
Focus on getting well, make someone an admin and ignore us - thanks for everything you've done.

Smuggo
January 6 2017, 04:12:23 PM
#TeamSmarnca

Make a banner

56k Lagman
January 6 2017, 04:45:16 PM
I'd rather not have the place run by bloody foreigners

teds :D
January 6 2017, 05:15:46 PM
big ups entrox, if you're not looking for rl help though, get looking - doesn't do you any good to bottle up

tHornton
January 6 2017, 05:29:15 PM
im just worried that under new mgmt my posting way of life will be threatened

im a rare breed can i have conservation status plz

spasm
January 6 2017, 08:34:18 PM
I can assure you, under a spasm led FHC, tHorntons will not be second class citizens.

indi
January 6 2017, 08:34:52 PM

yours,
Samuel

EntroX, mate.. that sounds bad. You did a good thing starting FHC. Opening up like this probably took a lot, so kudos to you. Here's a /hug and I do hope you will get well. Not for FHC per se, but for you.

As for the rest, I'm sure Spasm has ideas and so do others. There's enough decent people who said they'd pitch in that I think it will work.

Overspark
January 6 2017, 08:50:31 PM
Upgrading Helgur and keeping Spams sounds nice. They're both not terrible and on FHC that is the best you can hope for.

At this point any action is better than no action, so I'm keeping my fingers crosssed this one'll work out.

Trox: you've already kept FHC up and running far longer than we had all expected when SHC went down in flames, so you've already accomplished what you set out to do. If you manage to keep it going now in a non-terrible way then you've done right by us imho. GL sorting out your issues, hope you can sort it all out.

If any of you think I can lend a useful hand with this on the technical side (plenty of hosting/programming/webdev experience) don't hesitate to ask.

helgur
January 6 2017, 09:10:14 PM
I can assure you, under a helgur led FHC, tHorntons will not be second class citizens.

:)

But in all seriousness we don't have a lot of issues with failheap imo. EntroX might feel some guilt but that's in large part I suspect because we are professional noisemakers, and he really has no reason to feel guilty. And I take my part of the blame in this aswell, apologies.

I think it's more important to focus on one thing at a time. Entrox will always be my admin, this may be our community but it's his baby. If and when you feel like giving the reigns to someone else, 'trox let it be from a position when you are happy and well. Until then your main focus should be to get there, nothing else really matters.

We ha(d)ve two problems right now? Spambots and avatar upload? Peanuts! That we can endure, and as I understand the spam issue is mostly under control now.

The confidence people have shown in me means a lot more to me than actually being Admin, so thanks for that. If spasm has the time and energy needed to administer the site, he would be my choice when and if that day comes.

Zeekar
January 6 2017, 09:23:06 PM
I can assure you, under a helgur led FHC, tHorntons will not be second class citizens.

:)

But in all seriousness we don't have a lot of issues with failheap imo. EntroX might feel some guilt but that's in large part I suspect because we are professional noisemakers, and he really has no reason to feel guilty. And I take my part of the blame in this aswell, apologies.

I think it's more important to focus on one thing at a time. Entrox will always be my admin, this may be our community but it's his baby. If and when you feel like giving the reigns to someone else, 'trox let it be from a position when you are happy and well. Until then your main focus should be to get there, nothing else really matters.

We ha(d)ve two problems right now? Spambots and avatar upload? Peanuts! That we can endure, and as I understand the spam issue is mostly under control now.

The confidence people have shown in me means a lot more to me than actually being Admin, so thanks for that. If spasm has the time and energy needed to administer the site, he would be my choice when and if that day comes.

Don't worry I still think you're a snownigger faggot.

<3

Overspark
January 6 2017, 10:05:33 PM
Those aren't the only issues, lack of moderation is another serious issue. Thought it depends on what forum you post in I guess.

56k Lagman
January 6 2017, 10:06:20 PM
I find the lack of moderation refreshing

RazoR
January 6 2017, 10:21:13 PM
Those aren't the only issues, lack of xenosis bans is another serious issue. Thought it depends on what forum you post in I guess.fyp

otherwise we only have a bot infestation now and then

56k Lagman
January 6 2017, 10:23:23 PM
Those aren't the only issues, lack of xenosis bans is another serious issue. Thought it depends on what forum you post in I guess.fyp

otherwise we only have a Russian infestation now and then

RazoR
January 6 2017, 10:25:13 PM
also fagman badposting but it's a free country forum

Smuggo
January 6 2017, 10:40:45 PM

otherwise we only have a Russian infestation now and then

RazoR
January 6 2017, 10:44:09 PM

otherwise we only have a Russian invasion now and thenfyp

Smuggo
January 6 2017, 10:45:49 PM
Have Russians hacked FHC?

RazoR
January 6 2017, 11:18:05 PM

they are influencing the admin elections right as we speak

indi
January 7 2017, 06:36:33 AM

At the direct orders of Putin himself?

Smuggo
January 7 2017, 10:50:32 AM

lol, implying we will ever have new admins

RazoR
January 7 2017, 11:07:48 AM

i am up for the task :benevolentleader:

FHC needs a strong hand and potato diet.

helgur
January 7 2017, 06:04:02 PM

i am up for the task :benevolentleader:

FHC needs a strong hand and potato diet.

Just potatoes??

Great we'll have an autistic AND vitamin deficient forum :-P

Approaching Walrus
January 7 2017, 06:14:20 PM
I find the lack of moderation refreshing

Only need to stop F16 from building his quote pyramids in every thread tbh

Xamuni
January 7 2017, 07:20:51 PM
Entrox, im really thankful for all the time and work you put into this community! I dont post much, but i read this forum daily and enjoy knowing most of the people here. :)
Hopefully you get well soon! Talking about an issue can be a first step into coping with it.

GiDiYi
January 7 2017, 07:35:19 PM
Saw this thread just now.

o7 'trox. You've made an awesome job so far.

Verite Rendition
January 9 2017, 06:10:49 AM
I just got back from Vegas, so I'm a bit late to the party. None the less, 'Trox, you have nothing to apologize for. You've done a great job running this site and have asked for very little in return. So it's okay to ask for help; we're more than happy to oblige.

As for who to help, what exactly is Spasm's role in ongoing operations? It sounds like he's already a bit farther up the ladder? I think if we're looking for someone to promote among us proles, Helgur would do a great job. But I don't want overlook (or take for granted) Spasm.

Jolin
January 9 2017, 03:55:24 PM
I just got back from Vegas, so I'm a bit late to the party. None the less, 'Trox, you have nothing to apologize for. You've done a great job running this site and have asked for very little in return. So it's okay to ask for help; we're more than happy to oblige.

As for who to help, what exactly is Spasm's role in ongoing operations? It sounds like he's already a bit farther up the ladder? I think if we're looking for someone to promote among us proles, Helgur would do a great job. But I don't want overlook (or take for granted) Spasm.

Don't worry. If/when a new admin is chosen, it will most likely be Spasm anyway (with Helgur close 2nd)

dominus
January 9 2017, 04:17:59 PM
We have admins?

For real?

Wow

Edit.

Good job on holding that spambot infestation under control - it was shit..

jonesbones
January 9 2017, 06:09:22 PM
Just give someone competent moderator of the EVE section. If only to delete bot nonsense.

Hels
January 10 2017, 11:47:50 PM
Toss me in for Global. I'm not smart enough to admin.

Whatever you need man, I'm still active. :V

Cosmin
January 11 2017, 07:20:14 AM

yours,
Samuel

Mate, sorry to hear what you're going through is affecting you this much, but from what I can see you have nothing at all to apologise for here. You've done a lot and asked for nothing in return.

Take care of yourself and be strong. I feel I know what you're going through and I hope you're getting the help you need, but nobody is going anywhere, everybody will still be here and you can pick up on what you wanted to do and haven't done when you're better. Until then there are lotsa good people around that can fill in and help admining, you focus on yourself and get better <3 :companioncube:

Alistair
January 11 2017, 01:44:29 PM
So sorry to hear of your troubles Entrox. I think it's safe to say everyone here appreciates what you did saving the spirit of SHC here at FHC and all you've done to keep it alive.

If you're really ok with maintaining the existence of teh site (i.e. paying the bills for hosting defrayed by ad rev and donations), I think all we really need is someone assigned as site Admin to manager the place tech-wise and staff-wise going forward, and a few good longtime posters to step up and help moderate, even if it's just to handle bots and the real flagrant stuff.

I have no doubt you'll find at least one willing Admin here in the community, and many of us have offered and would offer to serve as Moderators to help police the bots and spam and the like.

I am sure we can keep FHC alive with just a minimum of effort by our community to step up and help. As I've said before, I've modded other much larger forums before, and would happily offer to help Moderate here as "spambot deleter" if needed/desired.

Best of luck to you Entrox, I hope your problems find positive solutions, and that your life can return to a better place for you. Godspeed.

Calks
January 11 2017, 02:23:04 PM
Trox, firstly, thank you for everything you've done for this community.

As most others have mentioned, I wish you well and hope you work through everything in your personal life.
:companioncube:

Since stumbling across SHC whilst looking for Eve info and then tagging along here to FHC (ban '12s) it's been an entertaining, informative, odd and strangely supportive place. I'm sure the necessary peeps to keep FHC ticking along can be found amongst the active 'personalities' here. FWIW, Hels & Spasm probs aren't a bad place to start if they're willing.

o7

metacannibal
January 11 2017, 11:44:07 PM
Prezident helgur helgursson

Joe Appleby
January 12 2017, 07:56:59 AM
Entrox, thanks for your work throughout the years.

For many of us FHC is a bedrock, as Sarabando put it. Through FHC I've met some amazing people.

As you can tell from the serious mental health thread we all go through some really tough times. Getting through that is far more important. As you wrote, the site runs well enough on its own.

Get better.

Everything else is secondary.

:brohug:

Tapapapatalk

Amantus
January 13 2017, 06:56:53 PM
I SUPOT

FatFreddy
January 19 2017, 05:09:25 AM
Entrox, thanks for your work throughout the years.

For many of us FHC is a bedrock, as Sarabando put it. Through FHC I've met some amazing people.

As you can tell from the serious mental health thread we all go through some really tough times. Getting through that is far more important. As you wrote, the site runs well enough on its own.

Get better.

Everything else is secondary.

:brohug:

Tapapapatalk

Full concur.

edit: Also, I am totally NOT touched by this thread, OK???

mentally and emotionally i cant deal with people right now, it pains me to say so but that is how i feel

I can relate. Your first duty is to yourself and your well-being, not any of us shitposters here.

Thorjak
January 23 2017, 01:12:37 AM

yours,
Samuel

Thanks for your honesty.

I'd recommend Hels and Helgur for global mod.

Thor

Lana Torrin
January 26 2017, 01:43:12 AM
Jokes on you. We are nerve getting new mods

erichkknaar
January 28 2017, 03:58:29 PM
Thanks for picking up the baton and running with it when CD did it. I care about his place. I will continue to support financially, and if any technical support is needed, I'd be more than happy to help with that. You can contact me privately if you need my bona fides.

Spawinte
January 29 2017, 09:22:02 PM
I feel embarrassed it took me nearly 4 weeks to see this thread. I don't visit this section very often. I very much appreciate you taking up the running of this site after he who shall not be named let it go to hell. FHC is the only site I post on every day and I enjoy it a lot despite all the shitposting. I've also learned a lot from the postings of other FHC'ers.

If any donations are needed my wallet will be open.

Sparq
January 30 2017, 06:57:52 AM
In no big surprise, Entrox is a top bloke and we all love him. We're always going to be grateful for the work you've done.

I'm still up for being a Mod (General, or w/e) if whatever powers will be will have me. Whether that means deleting bots, or inducing nostalgia in the populace for the days of Hast.

Lowa [NSN]
January 31 2017, 09:07:18 AM
I feel embarrassed it took me nearly 4 weeks to see this thread. I don't visit this section very often. I very much appreciate you taking up the running of this site after he who shall not be named let it go to hell. FHC is the only site I post on every day and I enjoy it a lot despite all the shitposting. I've also learned a lot from the postings of other FHC'ers.

If any donations are needed my wallet will be open.

+1 and I too must apologies for not catching this sooner. All the best mate, hope you feel better asap!

walrus
January 31 2017, 09:16:46 AM
Helgur is from Moss. This is a problem.

Nordstern
January 31 2017, 03:26:14 PM
Helgur is from Moss. This is ideal.

fyp

helgur
January 31 2017, 09:26:05 PM
Helgur is from Moss. This is a problem.

It's a wonderful place with many, many things

56k Lagman
January 31 2017, 09:28:16 PM
what in doncaster

Crystalline Entity
February 2 2017, 10:59:08 PM
Didn't see this fred!!!

I don't know you that well EntroX, in fact hardly at all. All I can say is I am sorry to hear about your personal situation and I hope you can get through this bad phase in your life.

FHC is a wonderful community. Simultaneously fucking frustrating and utterly hilarious from post to post and full of actually great people despite our many failings.

Not offering to be mod because that was laughed at before (and i'm not as active as i was) but I am happy to send money to keep this place going if required. I note you said it wasn't a financial concern but the offer is there.

EntroX, FHC sine qua non

C

lt
February 12 2017, 07:53:59 PM
Damn I'm late.

o7 Entrox, you've done more than we've deserved.

Who the fuck can handle this heap now?!

Alistair
April 7 2017, 02:35:35 PM
If Trox can keep the site up (i.e. pay the hosting. reaping the advert rev.) all FHC needs for a self-sustaining future is:

1. A few decent Mods.

Done, problems all solved tbqh.

And our community has no shortage on decent, mature (enough), regulars to fill that role.

spitroast
April 7 2017, 04:38:30 PM
Missed this one.... I know from personal experience paying for hosting sucks a big fat one never mind the time investment involved with administering a site and dealing with people. Why not close this down and let others pay for the hosting and time? Set up a board on one of the chans or migrate to the redditsphere?

Jolin
April 7 2017, 04:54:35 PM
Missed this one.... I know from personal experience paying for hosting sucks a big fat one never mind the time investment involved with administering a site and dealing with people. Why not close this down and let others pay for the hosting and time? Set up a board on one of the chans or migrate to the redditsphere?

Hosting charges haven't been a problem for a while. The ads on the site + the donations that he got have been bankrolling it and iirc there's enough funds there to keep this site going for the forseeable future.

That leaves the problem of administering the site itself (we could use some mods for that), and some coders if any changes to the site are needed (I think hels or some other person had done some stuff before). Oh and also someone with the authority to pursue the hosting company if on the rare occasion they've shat their pants (which I think Entrox has passed the baton to someone)

I think that covers everything

SAI Peregrinus
April 8 2017, 06:51:42 PM
Hope things get better soon 'Trox.

I'm happy to help ban spambots, and I know enough to set up a cron job to ban Xeno annually. (I wouldn't do that though, it would be mean. But if you give me database access I'll set up a job to set his postcount to 0 every 5 minutes. ;))

In all seriousness, I'd make a poor mod. I don't browse enough of the forum to see much, so I'd rely on reports. The less-trafficked areas would probably fill with spam for months on end.