PDA

View Full Version : Event: Thunder League

spitroast
December 19 2015, 10:52:47 AM
Live streaming here (http://warthunder.pro/en/league)

It's a tournament with some added bonuses etc, it's not as professional as Eve's AT by a long shot but you can get some decent tips from the commentators to improve your playing. I won about 9 days premium time, 300 golden eagles and some boosters last night by watching plus you get some more camo's to unlock so it's something else to do.

ShoNuff
December 19 2015, 12:08:15 PM
To that crap don't you have to buy the dog tag thing?

spitroast
December 19 2015, 12:52:20 PM
Yeah I think so. I bought one anyway as I'm happy to support dev's of games I enjoy playing

Baarhyn
December 19 2015, 10:48:58 PM
bought it because i've been having fun playing sim recently, watched the stream, 3 hours later, open WT and wouldjalookatit....

http://i.imgur.com/HQ5BbP5.jpg

it's basically a p51d at tier 2.....

Holy fucking shit!

spitroast
December 19 2015, 11:52:35 PM
You lucky bastard... how much in mph and ft per second? I don't do metric....

Baarhyn
December 20 2015, 12:03:42 AM

415 mph, 3091 ft/min

tier 2, BR 3,0.....

Sp4m
December 20 2015, 02:20:55 PM

415 mph, 3091 ft/min

tier 2, BR 3,0.....

omfg.

RazoR
December 20 2015, 03:04:02 PM
Not sure what you are excited about, it's just an armorless apache with the same BR as Spit 2b and Yak-1B.

Baarhyn
December 20 2015, 05:28:55 PM
Not sure what you are excited about, it's just an armorless apache with the same BR as Spit 2b and Yak-1B.

Yeah yeah, you know it ONLY goes 90 kph faster, turns 15% faster and climbs 4m/s faster.....

for the same BR....

for you consideration, it's faster, turns better and climbs better than the 190 a-4 and I have a 3.5-1 K/D ratio in that plane, and the 190 a-4 is at 4.3......

RazoR
December 20 2015, 05:57:55 PM

Yeah yeah, you know it ONLY goes 90 kph faster, turns 15% faster and climbs 4m/s faster.....

for the same BR....

for you consideration, it's faster, turns better and climbs better than the 190 a-4 and I have a 3.5-1 K/D ratio in that plane, and the 190 a-4 is at 4.3......That a fact or are you just reading from the sheet?

Also germans are overtiered? What a shock.

Baarhyn
December 20 2015, 06:38:20 PM

for the same BR....

for you consideration, it's faster, turns better and climbs better than the 190 a-4 and I have a 3.5-1 K/D ratio in that plane, and the 190 a-4 is at 4.3......That a fact or are you just reading from the sheet?

dude it's 100kph faster than anything it faces. it's grossly OP lol. it would be fine as an early tier 4 plane, not a br 3.0.

Isyel
December 20 2015, 08:22:35 PM

for the same BR....

dude it's 100kph faster than anything it faces. it's grossly OP lol. it would be fine as an early tier 4 plane, not a br 3.0.

Plenty of planes around 3 that seem like that according to the sheets. In game not sk much tho. And then plenty of other planes around 3 that also are broken like that. :p

Baarhyn
December 20 2015, 08:41:50 PM

for the same BR....

Plenty of planes around 3 that seem like that according to the sheets. In game not sk much tho. And then plenty of other planes around 3 that also are broken like that. :p

"yeah it's only better than grossly overpowered planes..."

the engine has so much torque that if you use flaps on takeoff with anything over 90% throttle it'll smash the left wing on the tarmac lol.

It feels like an acrobatic plane, it is floaty at slow speed like all the p51's though.

Isyel
December 20 2015, 09:04:30 PM
if you say so...

the sheet itself actually is nothing shockingly special for around BR 3 to 3.3

Baarhyn
December 20 2015, 09:39:53 PM
if you say so...

point me to another plane with similar level of performance at that BR, cause I can'T find anything.

Isyel
December 20 2015, 09:52:25 PM
if you say so...

point me to another plane with similar level of performance at that BR, cause I can'T find anything.

A7M1, J2m2, 190A1 off the top of my head have stat cards not that far off, havent searched

might have slightly slower top speed but much higher alts and better climbing etc.

Baarhyn
December 20 2015, 10:02:43 PM
if you say so...

A7M1, J2m2, 190A1 off the top of my head have stat cards not that far off, havent searched

might have slightly slower top speed but much higher alts and better climbing etc.

the only one that's remotely close is the j2m2, the other ones are 50-100kph slower.

Also those planes are fast at 5.5k and higher, there is very little fight going on that high.

Isyel
December 20 2015, 10:07:17 PM
if you say so...

the only one that's remotely close is the j2m2, the other ones are 50-100kph slower.

Also those planes are fast at 5.5k and higher, there is very little fight going on that high.

your way of rounding is very interesting

also the fact that every other stat doesnt count at all apparently

a7m1 is a monstrous ufo btw

only thing im trying to say is, calm down a little :P

ShoNuff
December 20 2015, 10:18:17 PM
Are the four MGs enough to take out the opponent in sim battles quick enough? I don't know that they would in RB, but for defensive flying and pushing dudes down it seems nice.

RazoR
December 20 2015, 10:30:28 PM
Are the four MGs enough to take out the opponent in sim battles quick enough? I don't know that they would in RB, but for defensive flying and pushing dudes down it seems nice.Freedomcals may not always light a target up on the first pass but they are enough to drive any fighter down into the ground.

Isyel
December 20 2015, 10:35:18 PM
Are the four MGs enough to take out the opponent in sim battles quick enough? I don't know that they would in RB, but for defensive flying and pushing dudes down it seems nice.Freedomcals may not always light a target up on the first pass but they are enough to drive any fighter down into the ground.

this

they're awesome guns

RazoR
December 20 2015, 11:26:48 PM

this

they're awesome guns

No. Hispanos are awesome guns. MK103 is an awesome gun. What Brownings are is bullshit :colbert:

Isyel
December 20 2015, 11:31:15 PM
:razor:

spitroast
December 22 2015, 09:08:49 PM
Completed 5 of the Thunder League Achievements for tanks, for which you get rewarded the M24 Chaffee TL. The worst of the challenges for the tanks I have was destroying 10 tier 4 or 5 tanks with the T-34-85 (DST) talk about getting seal clubbed.... what a fucking nightmare that one was. Anyway, reward screenshot....

http://i.imgur.com/1uLbhra.png

Sp4m
January 9 2016, 10:45:52 AM
Anyone trying for the E-100 today?

spitroast
January 9 2016, 03:46:16 PM
Despite doing quite well I seem to be in a lowly 1.1k place after 8 defeats so I've quit in disgust, I'll leave to the tryhards and teams which I seem to be coming up against which is fucking retarded as I end up teamed with Forrest Gump and Mr Bean 9 times out of 10.

ShoNuff
January 9 2016, 08:54:41 PM
I'd be game to team up, has to be better than random soup.