PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k - digital edition (MMO, shooter,...)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Daneel Trevize
July 17 2015, 02:49:22 PM
Game. Play. Mechanics?

A better trailer than that last linked thing though.

Kilabi
July 17 2015, 03:00:49 PM
Fantasy faggots.

Looks good. Still waiting for proper gameplay and even then I am so burned out on TW, I will wait for the steam sale before picking it up.

Shiodome
July 17 2015, 10:19:51 PM
i loved the epic30k game when it came out :3

also, i'm pretty sure some of the voice acting clips was ripped from E:TW naval battles. not that it matters.

Mona
July 23 2015, 07:20:28 AM
http://www.co-optimus.com/article/13366/inside-the-vermintide-trailer-part-one-looks-at-the-upcoming-warhammer-fps.html

W0lf Crendraven
July 23 2015, 08:59:44 AM
I would play the fuck out of a The elder Scrolls: Warhammer or a Mass effect: Warhammer 40k (i know the names refer to the universes the shows play in, so the end name would probably a lot different). Or World of warhammer by blizzard.

Steve the Pirate
July 23 2015, 12:05:05 PM
Or World of warhammer by blizzard.

In the grim darkness of the far future there are only....Pandas! and now time travel/alternate universe shenanigans

Liare
July 24 2015, 09:23:30 AM
I would play the fuck out of a The elder Scrolls: Warhammer or a Mass effect: Warhammer 40k (i know the names refer to the universes the shows play in, so the end name would probably a lot different). Or World of warhammer by blizzard.40k inquisitors (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitor) would mesh really well with a mass-effect-y type storyline.

Mona
July 24 2015, 09:57:02 AM

Blizzard made Warcraft after their deal with GW didn't worked out. So WoW is World of Warhammer made by Blizzard.

W0lf Crendraven
July 24 2015, 10:51:17 AM

Blizzard made Warcraft after their deal with GW didn't worked out. So WoW is World of Warhammer made by Blizzard.

GW seems more stupid every time i read about their decisions.

Liare
July 24 2015, 10:53:26 AM

GW seems more stupid every time i read about their decisions.no, it's not so much that they are stupid, it's just that they are a "small-fiddly-plastic-figures" company that cannot comprehend anything that does not involve small-ifddly-plastic-figures.

Smuggo
July 24 2015, 10:57:46 AM

GW seems more stupid every time i read about their decisions.no, it's not so much that they are stupid, it's just that they are a "small-fiddly-plastic-figures" company that cannot comprehend anything that does not involve small-ifddly-plastic-figures.

They're pretty shit with small-fiddly-plastic-figures as well TBH.

Liare
July 24 2015, 11:49:30 AM

They're pretty shit with small-fiddly-plastic-figures as well TBH.in terms of product build quality ? absolutely!
but their enormous pile of money disagree with your assertion otherwise.

Smuggo
July 24 2015, 11:53:40 AM

They're pretty shit with small-fiddly-plastic-figures as well TBH.in terms of product build quality ? absolutely!
but their enormous pile of money disagree with your assertion otherwise.

Yeah they're good at selling them...

Nobody_Holme
July 24 2015, 06:02:42 PM
You say enormous, I say moderate.

Certainly they're not in a strong position with the cash reserves to win a bitter pricing and legal battle with a competitor funded by a major PC gaming studio even, let alone a big toy manufacturer who could decide to compete at any time.

Alex Caine
July 24 2015, 08:24:41 PM
They are financially successful as far as miniature/wargaming companies go, but that still makes them a minnow compared to any major company outside that tiny niche.

Winged Nazgul
July 30 2015, 08:50:39 PM
https://youtu.be/ZKPw86ivR7A

Kilabi
July 30 2015, 09:04:10 PM
My precious 40k thread desecrated with this fantasy rubbish again.

There I was hoping there was some news on a 40k game. :(

Meester
August 3 2015, 04:08:20 AM
https://youtu.be/ZKPw86ivR7A

This is a 40k thread numbnuts.

Alex Caine
September 4 2015, 05:23:23 AM
Nothing for this?

http://pixelherogames.com/gdc-2015-and-first-eisenhorn-screenshots/

Yay Esienhorn!

But wait....of course, its another FUCKING MOBILE GAME. SO will be shit.

QuackBot
September 4 2015, 08:00:15 AM
Nothing for this?

Yay Esienhorn!

But wait....of course, its another FUCKING MOBILE GAME. SO will be shit.
Yay for it being "autistic", /shrug, ok. Curious, who will.

Daneel Trevize
September 4 2015, 10:06:48 AM
Nothing for this?

Yay Esienhorn!

But wait....of course, its another FUCKING MOBILE GAME. SO will be shit.Those graphics look decent for mobile, but I haven't been paying attention to how good those can look these days. Maybe they meant OSX and PC rather than iOS and PC. Or Android instead of PC??
Assuming iOS tablets aren't significantly better at graphics rendering than Android devices.

Mona
September 4 2015, 08:12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj71aCs3poc

Malaes
September 4 2015, 08:29:36 PM
Didn't show any nova cannon's :(

Vorkash
September 4 2015, 08:57:57 PM
No ramming 0/10. How the fuck am i supposed to play Orks now.

Joe Appleby
September 4 2015, 09:30:41 PM
No ramming 0/10. How the fuck am i supposed to play Orks now.

I think I saw a ramming that at first looked like the ship simply got brushed away though later it looks like the prow was gone.

Nooby
September 5 2015, 06:38:40 AM
Good ramming.

#confirmed

Nobody_Holme
September 5 2015, 07:04:45 AM
No ramming, simply a "collision" where the ramming vessel and the ramee push each other aside, followed by the ramming vessel eating major dicks to a short range broadside from a second heavy ship and losing her prow as part of the battle damage (I assume there's some impact mechanics in there we didn't see because it's not done yet, but still looked very wrong.

0/10 Hype train at the bottom of a hill with no engine and brakes fully engaged. (also, needs Tau and their bullshit jump-shoot-jump-in-space moves)

Nu11u5
September 6 2015, 02:03:36 AM
Reminds me of Nexus:TJI with simpler gameplay.

QuackBot
September 6 2015, 08:00:11 AM
No ramming, simply a "collision" where the ramming vessel and the ramee push each other aside, followed by the ramming vessel eating major dicks to a short range broadside from a second heavy ship and losing her prow as part of the battle damage (I assume there's some impact mechanics in there we didn't see because it's not done yet, but still looked very wrong.

0/10 Hype train at the bottom of a hill with no engine and brakes fully engaged. (also, needs Tau and their bullshit jump-shoot-jump-in-space moves)
No, i disagree. I think corbyn is closer to t.

Eard
September 10 2015, 02:48:02 AM
Anyone buy in at high tier for Eternal Crusade? I'm only at $40 so no closed alpha access for me yet

Hail all, xenos, infidels, heretics, demi-gods and assorted immortals.

This is the moment we’ve all been waiting for. It’s time for Founders to get early access into Closed Alpha. Not just to play and drool on your keyboards like we’ve been doing for months, eagerly awaiting this moment, but to participate as Founders in the development of the Eternal Crusade, becoming an integral part of the team and giving us the feedback we will use to iterate and evolve.

That it has been almost 9 months since I joined this team is surreal. The Warhammer 40,000 universe is massive and an inspiration to all of us and it’s an honor to deliver to you, the first massive online shooter experience in this universe. It will be amazing, especially because of you.

On Monday September 14th, the people that have Captain’s packs or higher in terms of RTP and were the first to buy, will start to enter the Closed Alpha. We will start slowly with admission in the 100s, with the eventual goal of getting all Captain’s pack and higher in by October.

If you want to get in as part of the Captain’s wave, you can still secure your spot in it by buying, or upgrading, to a Captain’s pack before we start the Sergeants’ wave. I know; shameless plug but more Founders means more war. In the grim darkness of the far future, there can be only more war.

So you might be wondering what’s in this Closed Alpha and what you are getting early access to as Founders?

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is far from complete. It is still in development, will evolve and will be updated weekly. We are a Massive Online Shooter and the Closed Alpha focuses only on creating a great Shooter experience, before becoming Massive.

The persistent world, meta-game, continent, territories, theater of war, campaigns, character progression, thousands of items, customized loadouts, visual personalization, more game modes, commanders, PVE and other MMO aspects, as well as the last factions will gradually be added to the Closed Alpha and well into Beta.

It’s true; we once said we’d have individual modules of these available, then we changed focus and scope to a full vertical slice available this Fall. Then we got Unreal, good people left, good people joined, things changed, designs iterated and optimized, playtesting lead us in new directions and voila, we were confident we could move Closed Alpha, a vertical shooter slice from Fall to Summer.

And here it is, still technically Summer.

How is it different from what I’ll experience when we launch, you ask?

Besides many of the core systems mentioned above, what you will find is a very traditional entry into individual maps basically. These are individual outposts or fortresses with various game modes. Soon there will be different biomes like snow or lava and “mutators” as we call them, like a warp storm or night mode, which highly affects the factions abilities to fight on the same map. You will enter a queue and jump straight into the fray.

This will evolve over time when more core systems are added. Culminating in the larger theater of war on a continent with territories which have outposts and a fortress, mutators and instanced PVE encounters. This moves us more and more away from the “map” mentality, to the “open world” territories and massive battles.

How that evolves and how long that takes is entirely dependent on our progress, feedback, technology and of course, you.

We are excited that you want to help us develop the game in this early state, give us feedback, test and be able to have a great impact on its direction. We will be with you, shooting you and on the closed Founder’s forums. The first rule of Closed Alpha is: you do not talk about Closed Alpha. You will be under NDA, which we hope we can lift as soon as possible, so you can spread the gospel as evangelists, leading the masses to the light.

Nathan Richardsson
Senior Producer

Nobody_Holme
September 10 2015, 04:32:45 AM
Multiple instances of refocusing, changing the engine from propreitary to unreal after a working prototype had deployed, I dont even.

This is going to be hilariously awful. Whelp.

Kilabi
September 10 2015, 05:50:30 AM
Multiple instances of refocusing, changing the engine from propreitary to unreal after a working prototype had deployed, I dont even.

This is going to be hilariously awful. Whelp.

Heretic!

Mona
September 10 2015, 10:09:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWteWul9cBE

Daneel Trevize
September 10 2015, 12:50:33 PM
Not a bad informative trailer.

Collisions look like they'll be a thing yet.
And yay Orks & Eldar.

Liare
September 10 2015, 12:53:22 PM
it looks like it's going to be the first non-shit W40k game in quite a while.

Smuggo
September 10 2015, 12:56:05 PM
it looks like it's going to be the first non-shit W40k game in quite a while.

Max Teranous
September 10 2015, 01:33:54 PM
Anyone buy in at high tier for Eternal Crusade? I'm only at $40 so no closed alpha access for me yet

Nathan Richardsson
Senior Producer

So that's where he went.

Eard
September 10 2015, 02:31:25 PM
Yeah, think it was last winter timeframe, which started the refocusing rounds

ValorousBob
September 10 2015, 09:34:52 PM

This is the moment we’ve all been waiting for. It’s time for Founders to get early access into Closed Alpha. Not just to play and drool on your keyboards like we’ve been doing for months, eagerly awaiting this moment, but to participate as Founders in the development of the Eternal Crusade, becoming an integral part of the team and giving us the feedback we will use to iterate and evolve.

That it has been almost 9 months since I joined this team is surreal. The Warhammer 40,000 universe is massive and an inspiration to all of us and it’s an honor to deliver to you, the first massive online shooter experience in this universe. It will be amazing, especially because of you.

On Monday September 14th, the people that have Captain’s packs or higher in terms of RTP and were the first to buy, will start to enter the Closed Alpha. We will start slowly with admission in the 100s, with the eventual goal of getting all Captain’s pack and higher in by October.

If you want to get in as part of the Captain’s wave, you can still secure your spot in it by buying, or upgrading, to a Captain’s pack before we start the Sergeants’ wave. I know; shameless plug but more Founders means more war. In the grim darkness of the far future, there can be only more war.

So you might be wondering what’s in this Closed Alpha and what you are getting early access to as Founders?

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is far from complete. It is still in development, will evolve and will be updated weekly. We are a Massive Online Shooter and the Closed Alpha focuses only on creating a great Shooter experience, before becoming Massive.

The persistent world, meta-game, continent, territories, theater of war, campaigns, character progression, thousands of items, customized loadouts, visual personalization, more game modes, commanders, PVE and other MMO aspects, as well as the last factions will gradually be added to the Closed Alpha and well into Beta.

It’s true; we once said we’d have individual modules of these available, then we changed focus and scope to a full vertical slice available this Fall. Then we got Unreal, good people left, good people joined, things changed, designs iterated and optimized, playtesting lead us in new directions and voila, we were confident we could move Closed Alpha, a vertical shooter slice from Fall to Summer.

Besides many of the core systems mentioned above, what you will find is a very traditional entry into individual maps basically. These are individual outposts or fortresses with various game modes. Soon there will be different biomes like snow or lava and “mutators” as we call them, like a warp storm or night mode, which highly affects the factions abilities to fight on the same map. You will enter a queue and jump straight into the fray.

This will evolve over time when more core systems are added. Culminating in the larger theater of war on a continent with territories which have outposts and a fortress, mutators and instanced PVE encounters. This moves us more and more away from the “map” mentality, to the “open world” territories and massive battles.

How that evolves and how long that takes is entirely dependent on our progress, feedback, technology and of course, you.

We are excited that you want to help us develop the game in this early state, give us feedback, test and be able to have a great impact on its direction. We will be with you, shooting you and on the closed Founder’s forums. The first rule of Closed Alpha is: you do not talk about Closed Alpha. You will be under NDA, which we hope we can lift as soon as possible, so you can spread the gospel as evangelists, leading the masses to the light.

Nathan Richardsson
Senior Producer

I'll ask around the Planetside community, I'm sure one of our brosefs threw down enough cash to get Alpha access.

Steckersaurus
September 10 2015, 10:12:45 PM

Nathan Richardsson
Senior Producer

I'll ask around the Planetside community, I'm sure one of our brosefs threw down enough cash to get Alpha access.

You don't think we might have possibly learned better :)

Kilabi
September 11 2015, 05:57:08 AM
I hope it is just one last push to get more people to shell out the money. And then go to invite the sergeants anyway to get a better playerbase going.

Nobody_Holme
September 11 2015, 06:10:28 AM
BFG might actually be pretty cool, the rams are going to look majorly underwhelming, though. Oh well, guess I'm okay with that in exchange for a proper BFG game on the PC somehow.

Tailn
September 11 2015, 10:50:31 AM
I hope it is just one last push to get more people to shell out the money. And then go to invite the sergeants anyway to get a better playerbase going.

not quite willing to but down enough money for the Captain backer, though i do have the Sergeant. When the do open it up for lower tier backers we should at least have a slightly better polished experience :)

Eard
September 25 2015, 07:52:52 PM
New email blast out with a bunch of blah blah

First, we press the TURBO button and get all Sergeants into Closed Alpha by end of October. Then we get all Warriors in by November. That’s right. If you want to get in now, get your Captain’s pack and you are in immediately. Shameless plug? Sure. Does it create more fuel for war? Most certainly.

Guess I'll get to see how this is in November

Tailn
October 14 2015, 05:26:35 PM
I received Alpha invite any one else?

now going to poke around.

Kilabi
October 14 2015, 05:52:43 PM
Got one.

But AW taking all my time right now.

Eard
October 14 2015, 06:38:18 PM
Don't have mine yet, at scrub tier (Nov I think)

Varcaus
October 14 2015, 07:31:27 PM
Yeah but school is eating my time.

Rellin
October 14 2015, 08:06:31 PM
I got no invite, but I also did not buy any of the founder's packs.

Hayes DuSid
October 14 2015, 08:17:12 PM
I have access but am being a scrub. Tailn, what's it like?

Tailn
October 15 2015, 09:35:59 AM

NDA :(

But if you have access set aside an hour or two, you wont be disappointed (for the current point in dev).

Nobody_Holme
October 15 2015, 04:44:46 PM

But if you have access set aside an hour or two, you wont be disappointed (for the current point in dev).

NDAs cannot cover "it's shite" or "it's amazing" because they're subjective and cover no details.

Pick one, or something in between, and tell us, we want to know :(

Kilabi
October 15 2015, 07:05:21 PM
With access I will still state again: I rather play something else so I can´t tell you how good it is.

Tailn
October 16 2015, 09:37:37 AM

NDAs cannot cover "it's shite" or "it's amazing" because they're subjective and cover no details.

Pick one, or something in between, and tell us, we want to know :(

Umm i did, my suggestion was to make time for it and that it would not be wasted time.

Rellin
October 16 2015, 01:13:20 PM
With access I will still state again: I rather play something else so I can´t tell you how good it is.

I am confused.

Nobody_Holme
October 16 2015, 03:20:43 PM
Apparently i'm blind then.

Apologies. Have a plusrep in compensation.

Tailn
October 16 2015, 07:59:39 PM
I dislike NDA's

Nobody_Holme
October 17 2015, 04:18:50 AM
Blanket NDA covering almost everything I do in work makes more (not much, but some) sense than total NDA on alphas.

Either it's good, and you want the publicity, or you spin it as "just an alpha, we'll fix it by doing X" (actually doing X is optional, but pretty required for sales).

The blackout on a good game robs you of publicity, on a bad game it leads to an outcry of hate the second it lifts and kills your project dead as you lose all ability to spin things.

/rant.

Nicholai Pestot
October 17 2015, 10:37:03 AM
Blanket NDA covering almost everything I do in work makes more (not much, but some) sense than total NDA on alphas.

Either it's good, and you want the publicity, or you spin it as "just an alpha, we'll fix it by doing X" (actually doing X is optional, but pretty required for sales).

The blackout on a good game robs you of publicity, on a bad game it leads to an outcry of hate the second it lifts and kills your project dead as you lose all ability to spin things.

/rant.

"It's only an alpha" only works for a limited amount of time before it starts to rub thin with players (justifiably or not).

The best plan is to start with an NDA then drop it X time period before an expected release. You limit the effort you have to spend on PR while still reaping the benefits of interpersonal advertising once the NDA drops.

In addition to this the dropping of the NDA gives you a second media splash without any need to do an actual release of any kind.

Starting with an NDA is just good sense.

Tailn
October 17 2015, 07:45:09 PM

/rant.

"It's only an alpha" only works for a limited amount of time before it starts to rub thin with players (justifiably or not).

The best plan is to start with an NDA then drop it X time period before an expected release. You limit the effort you have to spend on PR while still reaping the benefits of interpersonal advertising once the NDA drops.

In addition to this the dropping of the NDA gives you a second media splash without any need to do an actual release of any kind.

Starting with an NDA is just good sense.

But very frustrating for those in the alpha who would like to discuss it with others. But with the amount of people who clearly cant into development (SC rage) and wip / placeholder stuff it seems there is not option as you say Nicholai.

Eard
November 6 2015, 03:15:36 PM
Got alpha key yesterday, guess I'll putz around and post no thoughts this weekend

Tailn
November 6 2015, 03:44:15 PM
Got alpha key yesterday, guess I'll putz around and post no thoughts this weekend

;) poke me on TS if I am there, perhaps we can work out a way to hit the same games.

Eard
November 6 2015, 04:38:26 PM

;) poke me on TS if I am there, perhaps we can work out a way to hit the same games.

Will do, wife is just coming back from 2 weeks out of town but will try to sneak a few games in this weekend

Kilabi
November 7 2015, 09:52:50 AM
Cant play without being able to change keybindings. The setup they have makes me rage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rellin
November 7 2015, 05:36:35 PM
I have read you can give impressions without going into specifics regarding the NDA. Is this worth buying? Is it a grind? Is it fun? I am so closing to buying, but because of the NDA, I am concerned that the game is garbage. I have read it is pretty buggy and "very alpha" which is putting me off.

Eard
November 7 2015, 06:08:14 PM
Definitely an alpha and only a small part of the game available right now, don't think that's hidden nda material. I could see myself playing it quite heavily if development doesn't take some weird curveball path from here

Sandzibar
November 8 2015, 09:52:37 AM
Cant play without being able to change keybindings. The setup they have makes me rage.

use autohotkey to swap shit around?

Kilabi
November 8 2015, 10:29:21 AM

use autohotkey to swap shit around?

I should look into that.

Eard
November 14 2015, 03:34:36 AM
Put about 8 hours into this alpha so far trying all the various classes/loadouts currently available, and yeah...devil is always in the details, but I could see this swallowing months of my life

Varcaus
November 14 2015, 06:26:51 AM
Put about 8 hours into this alpha so far trying all the various classes/loadouts currently available, and yeah...devil is always in the details, but I could see this swallowing months of my life

So your saying I should wait until after finals before downloading? Got it.

ValorousBob
November 14 2015, 06:02:11 PM

What's it like compared to Planetside?

Eard
November 14 2015, 06:17:53 PM
Hopefully not ruining nda, but right now alpha is just the equivalent of a single base structure, 16x16 cap. Think space marine in planetside, so 3rd person view but same cap and hold like mechanics right now. Also only sm and chaos, will eventually be a 4 way. Similar breakdown of class and load outs. I enjoy the 40k lore so that's also a plus over planetside for me. Much like planetside the game will make or break on faction balance and the capture mechanics/goals, but those aren't in yet. Enjoying the shooter mechanics even if ttl can feel a little short currently

Nobody_Holme
November 15 2015, 07:45:46 AM
Given how much I still enjoy space marine, even with the hardcore nerds who're the only people still playing it (although, singleplayer in the room with infinite orks, a jump pack, and the hammer is literally the most satisfying thing in a game ever), this is so far exactly what I was hoping for.

They also already have a better plan for balance than planetside, so i'm pretty much sold.

EDIT: In fact I'm fully sold, worst case scenario now is repeat of Space Marine with some lag issues and more factions (so, space marine with less hackers and more shinies). Someone gibe referal code so I can hand them whatever goodies it gives for that.

Tyrehl
November 15 2015, 08:20:05 AM
Given how much I still enjoy space marine, even with the hardcore nerds who're the only people still playing it (although, singleplayer in the room with infinite orks, a jump pack, and the hammer is literally the most satisfying thing in a game ever), this is so far exactly what I was hoping for.

They also already have a better plan for balance than planetside, so i'm pretty much sold.

EDIT: In fact I'm fully sold, worst case scenario now is repeat of Space Marine with some lag issues and more factions (so, space marine with less hackers and more shinies). Someone gibe referal code so I can hand them whatever goodies it gives for that.
You should be a marketing director for WH40k, I suddenly felt the urge to pre-order (whatever options there are for that). Damn :D i really liked the idea behind space marine, but I was really late for the train and never bought it.

What's their balancing idea you mentioned?

Nicholai Pestot
November 15 2015, 09:41:08 AM

You should be a marketing director for WH40k, I suddenly felt the urge to pre-order (whatever options there are for that). Damn :D i really liked the idea behind space marine, but I was really late for the train and never bought it.

What's their balancing idea you mentioned?

It might be that all free-to-play players are limited to using orks and orks are balanced as being worse on an individual basis than the other factions.

Marines can then still meet the homoerotic fantasies of their fanboys and wade through a sea of xenos, while the ork faction as a whole will still be competitive because at least 75% of players will be orks.

Tyrehl
November 15 2015, 09:42:26 AM
Pre-order status: critical. This is awesome

Aranial
November 15 2015, 10:27:01 AM

Enjoy: EC-8FAKCI7FCXTUE or web link: https://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-8FAKCI7FCXTUE

Edit: If you buy a warrior pack now you basically get in within a few hours!

Nobody_Holme
November 15 2015, 10:33:41 AM
Using now.

Also, balance is both the whole free-to-be-an-ork thing and increased incidence of 'nids on whoever is winning, which you have to put down or get eaten. We'll see, might be awful mechanic and become orks vs spess muhreens with the others just sniping stuff on the edges, but whatever, that'd be fine.

Varcaus
November 15 2015, 10:37:33 AM
Using now.

Also, balance is both the whole free-to-be-an-ork thing and increased incidence of 'nids on whoever is winning, which you have to put down or get eaten. We'll see, might be awful mechanic and become orks vs spess muhreens with the others just sniping stuff on the edges, but whatever, that'd be fine.

Basically half the books then :P.

Hayes DuSid
November 15 2015, 12:09:43 PM

EC-DD8MV7JJDEOGD

Nobody_Holme
November 15 2015, 08:39:02 PM
Game is p.fucking nice for alpha, got to say.

alphamode is go, though, something in the engine is breaking and forces a 1.8gig redownload repeatedly, derp.

Eard
November 15 2015, 09:24:28 PM
Client is not liking me today, just finished solo back capping from SM too. Wasn't going to catch #1 points on csm side though with his 54 kills

Nobody_Holme
November 16 2015, 07:37:52 AM
Holy buggy client, batman.

Hella fun though, when i'm not sucking.

Tailn
November 16 2015, 09:29:04 AM
I usually despise 3rd person over the shoulder shooters, but this works it makes the gameplay feel more tactical and gives hints and a fuzzy feeling of looking over your miniatures to check for LOS, yet the action is still fast and fluid and surprisingly easy to aim. Man dem Bolters they got the feeling nailed slow to fire but a goddamn big punch at the end you can tell they are not some nasty IG slug thrower.

Aranial
November 16 2015, 04:00:54 PM
I still feel ttk (time to kill) is Damn short. I don't want to know how squishy the Eldar are going to be.

Edit: storm bolters are so op atm (Devs know it)

Eard
November 16 2015, 06:27:14 PM
Mentioned on official forums, stormbolters have jumped my k:d from a piss poor 1:1 to anywhere from 3-10:1 depending on how bad the other people are about watching flanks. I really like the current map as it gives plenty of approach/loop back options, and the storm/combi bolter is crazy at short range, so the kills I'd miss with a bolter because my old man reactions couldn't keep up despite getting the drop on them, the stormbolter quickly seals the deal.

Need to get a private forum setup here for those with alpha access so we can properly discuss

Meester
November 16 2015, 07:20:12 PM
To cement my status as a Night Lord in the traitor legions, the first person I killed was a Word Bearer after he healed me.
My path to Night Lord terminator is a go.

Yes this alpha is awesome for an alpha so far. I wouldn't expect too much from it at this moment however.

Rellin
November 16 2015, 09:42:21 PM
I thank all those that have it and provided feedback. I will buy this after I finish Fallout 4.

Steve the Pirate
November 16 2015, 10:50:42 PM
Need to get a private forum setup here for those with alpha access so we can properly discuss

You could title it "Alpha Legion"

I'll get my coat...

Varcaus
November 16 2015, 10:51:35 PM

You could title it "Alpha Legion"

I'll get my coat...
:v I loled.

Nobody_Holme
November 16 2015, 11:57:05 PM
I, too, laughed.

Also, anyone who's not should play space marine online. Ideally with others who've not played it before, but whatever.

It's noticeably different, but the fun level is similar, as long as you're not getting ganked by the aimbotting Russians or hyper-experienced 'muricans/germans (literally the only people still playing, I don't even). Also, it's finished, so less repeated 1.8 gig downloads. /sigh

Eard
November 17 2015, 12:22:24 AM
Thirding (?) I also really enjoyed space marine multi for a month or so until it died off pretty quick. Rip Relic :(

Eard
November 22 2015, 06:17:46 AM
Nobodyholme you csm son of a bitch

Nobody_Holme
November 22 2015, 09:07:39 AM
Nobodyholme you csm son of a bitch

Wait, who're you (in the game)?

In other news, I am the king of tonks.

Nicholai Pestot
November 22 2015, 10:51:47 AM
I thought I recognized that name when a tank rolled over my head.

Eard
November 22 2015, 04:27:49 PM
Eard tag in game, I was trying to protect my in progress cap at C, then you shot me

Nobody_Holme
November 22 2015, 07:34:19 PM
Eard tag in game, I was trying to protect my in progress cap at C, then you shot me

More tired than I thought then, sorry. I do however remember killing you and grouching that my team had let you at it so easily.

Nicholai Pestot
November 23 2015, 10:57:47 AM
There are so many bads in this game.

Tailn
November 23 2015, 03:14:03 PM

More tired than I thought then, sorry. I do however remember killing you and grouching that my team had let you at it so easily.

Don't tell me it was a blue on blue incident as well, I never pay attention to the names of people who kill me (happens to often see nicholai's post ^^) and am usually to busy dying after i kill someone else to notice the names of those i kill. (BTW look out for WaxMan when you are shooting me ;) ).

iLOL
November 25 2015, 10:04:47 PM
I still feel ttk (time to kill) is Damn short. I don't want to know how squishy the Eldar are going to be.

Edit: storm bolters are so op atm (Devs know it)

Speaking solely from watching the emerged videos ttk seems to be a lot longer then your average Planetside experience known as "spawn-blink-die".

Eard
November 25 2015, 11:57:29 PM
Depends if that's pre or post stormbolter release.

Nicholai Pestot
November 26 2015, 12:05:54 AM
Toughness (the games representative of Armour/toughness from the TT rolled together) hasn't been enabled yet. The stats are there and the weapons have various penetration levels to combat it, but its just not been turned on.

Marines currently have the equivalent protection of a naked baseline human. In that light the TTK is very reasonable.

So chill.

Nobody_Holme
November 26 2015, 07:25:10 AM
Stormbolters also don't do much unless you fuck up and walk up to them.

Nicholai Pestot
November 26 2015, 09:11:45 AM
Yeah. It is facerollmode at point blank, but I prefer mowing down squads with the standard tactical marine and his trusty frag grenade/boltgun/knife combo.

It is immensely gratifying to kill a room full of people by yourself, then combat-knife execute the one holding a Stormbolter. There isn't really more of a "fuck you" available then killing a Stormbolter equipped marine with the worst melee weapon in the game while his allies lay around him in the dirt.

Varcaus
November 27 2015, 01:40:44 PM
Not even gonna bother with this until stormbolters are turned down and antitank is made non shit.

Mythrantar
November 27 2015, 03:27:21 PM
Quick question regarding founder packs: Is that armor piece that you get with the $80 one just a skin, or does it confer some mechanical advantage?

Nobody_Holme
November 27 2015, 04:11:08 PM
There is currently no pay-to-win intended to be introduced at any time. armour may come with stat tweaks, but it should be no noticeable advantage regardless.

Also, a: weapon balancing is in alpha, b: discussing details of things like that probably breaks the NDA, and c: reconsider your choice of AT weapon and usage, there are entirely viaable options at the current time for tonk removal.

Varcaus
November 27 2015, 04:25:10 PM
There is currently no pay-to-win intended to be introduced at any time. armour may come with stat tweaks, but it should be no noticeable advantage regardless.

Also, a: weapon balancing is in alpha, b: discussing details of things like that probably breaks the NDA, and c: reconsider your choice of AT weapon and usage, there are entirely viaable options at the current time for tonk removal.

I didn't go into detail because it breaks the nda but the above didn't seem to.

also yeah armour isnt even turned on so im not really fussed.

Nicholai Pestot
November 27 2015, 05:12:54 PM
Whose up for an assault marine/Raptor pack this weekend?

Yes, I know what they are like. That's why I want to try some coordinated action with them.

Varcaus
November 27 2015, 05:14:30 PM
Whose up for an assault marine/Raptor pack this weekend?

Yes, I know what they are like. That's why I want to try some coordinated action with them.

Could be hilarious sure.

Eard
November 27 2015, 05:16:46 PM
Ran into a guy last night who used it very effectively as csm on point A. I have to aim for stealth kills or I'm dead. So yes, I will partake

Nicholai Pestot
November 27 2015, 06:01:07 PM
Three is enough for a start.

I'm busy tomorrow night and will no doubt be sleeping off a hangover on Sunday morning.

What times are blocked/free for you two?

Varcaus
November 27 2015, 06:04:55 PM
Three is enough for a start.

I'm busy tomorrow night and will no doubt be sleeping off a hangover on Sunday morning.

What times are blocked/free for you two?
Tonight and tomorrow morning and maybe real late on sunday.

Eard
November 27 2015, 06:49:25 PM
I'll be around and playing off and on all weekend. Will hop on ts when I'm playing

Nicholai Pestot
November 27 2015, 07:12:34 PM
Righto. Ill be on TS in about an hour.

Mangala Solaris
November 27 2015, 07:36:11 PM
Closed Alpha footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf2DZ8fNehg

(Just got emailed around by the devs).

Nobody_Holme
November 28 2015, 05:30:38 AM
I'll be around for some assault/raptor bullshittery on sunday, but Werking tonight, and not up to learning a new class after werk this morning (i'm shit at assault, as well as in spess muhreen, mostly from lack of practice).

Also, didn't mean to say you HAD broken NDA, just that I wanted to refute you but couldn't because NDA, badly phrased, sorry.

Nicholai Pestot
November 28 2015, 09:16:36 AM
Assault worked ok last night. I've clocked how to maximize its potential, but I'm having to go all out against scrub teams just to get third place.

Assault marine seems to be all about sitting on a tall building, swooping down to kill a distracted enemy then bouncing away as fast as possible. The anti tank version (whose details I will not go into) has hilarious potential for team play. I was burning down Rhinos quite quickly on my own and at one point killed a full predator, which was fun ^.^

The fight around A is actually the hardest as an assault. At that point on the current map you shouldn't be going into point A itself, you should either (as a defender) spawn at C and move up onto the roof on A to engage enemies applying fire-support to A, or as an attacker sweep round past B and up onto the roof of A, to engage flanking defenders on the hills.

Varcaus
November 28 2015, 01:20:19 PM
Assault worked ok last night. I've clocked how to maximize its potential, but I'm having to go all out against scrub teams just to get third place.

Assault marine seems to be all about sitting on a tall building, swooping down to kill a distracted enemy then bouncing away as fast as possible. The anti tank version (whose details I will not go into) has hilarious potential for team play. I was burning down Rhinos quite quickly on my own and at one point killed a full predator, which was fun ^.^

The fight around A is actually the hardest as an assault. At that point on the current map you shouldn't be going into point A itself, you should either (as a defender) spawn at C and move up onto the roof on A to engage enemies applying fire-support to A, or as an attacker sweep round past B and up onto the roof of A, to engage flanking defenders on the hills.

My problem is my fps tanks whenever I jump making landing kinda hard.

Sandzibar
November 30 2015, 08:07:29 AM

Have.. Have.. Have you been playing this for more than 2 weeks Nich??

MOFO. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL NICHOLAI ? DONT HURT HIM. HE HAS A FAMILY NOW.

Tailn
November 30 2015, 11:46:59 AM
I got murdered poking my head up the steps to the platform above A, respawned and took the storm bolter (I very rarely use it as it is a bit too cheesy atm). returned stepped round the corner and by the time the gun was empty there were 6 bodies in front of me :D yep definitely OP. I then got stunned and chopped to pieces by an assault from behind OFC.

Nicholai Pestot
December 5 2015, 04:47:40 PM
I don't know if its the new patch or just me getting less shit with melee, but assault marines are now amazing.

I now die to friendly fire more than I do the enemy. Allies are clearly still confused about target selection due to no one using assaults for ages.

Eard
December 6 2015, 04:41:23 AM
Melee definitely seems to drop people faster, and either I'm a terrible aim tonight (yes) or storm bolter has a wider spread now too, which is appropriate.

Tailn
December 6 2015, 11:37:02 AM
is it just me or has performance taken a nose dive? and assaults while they do seem to take you down very quickly don't have the stun - kill they used to I have surivied a few attacks by quick dodging and counter attacking (bolter or knife). they just need to look at the heavy weapons now they are way to focused on their single roles making them a pretty bad choice in a battle that has not stalemated (lascannon...)

Nicholai Pestot
December 6 2015, 01:55:51 PM
Yeah they need a bit of work. I think a lot of the problems we can see are due to the current map design and the current limitations on team play.

Armag3ddon
December 16 2015, 11:37:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfBjZTm8IV4

Eard
December 16 2015, 03:07:21 PM
New EC map supposed to hit this week. Was trying to help a csm test some melee mechanics because it was 1 on 5 with me as the only space marine, and his teammates kept killing me anyway. Ffs

Nobody_Holme
December 16 2015, 04:05:15 PM
Played a bit after work last night. Got salty at team standing right next to the gorram cap for ages and not resetting for the fifth time. Marine-stacking assaults pointed out farming kills is more fun, so I pulled out a tonk and farmed them for a good ten minutes, stalling their team at A as they couldn't figure out how to flank or close with a one-man predator. They actually took it well and tried to Problemsolve how to get me, eventually just waltzing through my team to get up close with power axes and krak nades. My team got salty when I was then complimentary to them about working out how to get me, so I lascannon trolled and went 6/2 with the cannon in the 6 minutes it took us to get rolled, all from infantry.

My mind is full of fuck.

Joe Appleby
December 16 2015, 08:49:03 PM
Looks good. I want it. Now.

Tapapapatalk

Lilalaunebör
December 17 2015, 11:29:53 PM
I had to do some head scratching what game was being talked about here, maybe a separate thread is in order for Eternal Crusade?

Also had a "holy shit what am i doing with my life" moment when i looked up the game and recognized Oveur in the videos.

Rellin
January 15 2016, 07:28:58 PM
So founder access is ending in a week or so on this and early access is coming to Steam. Is it worth it to buy a founder pack for $40 now, or just wait and see what happens with the game? Are the extras worth buying a founder pack and risking this game going belly up like most Steam early access games?

http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=813aa425c2f4e16c135aee442&id=10cbbeea1b&e=f7aea06b68

Zeppelin
January 15 2016, 08:46:31 PM
I'm not buying early access games after so many companies have failed to deliver, even if I do look forward to giving this game a spin.

Eard
January 15 2016, 09:51:43 PM
No idea as to their viability, but game itself was shaping up pretty well for a basic shooter mode alpha (steam says I have 35 hours in already, majority of that was with just 1 map being tested)

Nobody_Holme
January 15 2016, 11:12:18 PM
At this point, save it and go steam early access.

Game is likely to be brilliant, but it's likely to have free-to-play in at some point, and that'll be plenty fun on it's own.

Steph
January 15 2016, 11:32:47 PM

Macro. Macrocannons, not fucking MICROcannons. They mean literally the opposite things. Jesus.

I hope the retarded number of terminology blunders(Imperior-class indeed) is a result of the voice actor having terrible direction, rather than the devs not knowing what the actual fuck things are called. Oh well, at least we can embark serious firepower in the battle against Abba Don.

Alex Caine
January 27 2016, 06:39:41 PM
Well, this is cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl4hAD_xhn0

Varcaus
January 27 2016, 06:50:12 PM
Well, this is cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl4hAD_xhn0

This, Eternal crusade and Deathwing. Man 2016 is gonna be good for 40k games I hope.

Zeppelin
January 27 2016, 07:02:52 PM
Looks fancy. Am interested.

Constantinus
January 27 2016, 07:16:36 PM
The Blackstone Fortresses make me happy. To bad that the campaign sides with the carriongod's sniveling slaves (Glory to the Warmaster!).

Varcaus
January 27 2016, 07:20:41 PM
Yeah but it's led by abaddon so it won't even take a planet anyway. Wouldn't be much fun.

Nooby
January 29 2016, 06:07:28 PM
+++KILLFRENZY+++KILLFRENZY+++KILLFRENZY+++

Joe Appleby
January 29 2016, 06:08:04 PM
+++KILLFRENZY+++KILLFRENZY+++KILLFRENZY+++

OMG yes!

Venec
January 30 2016, 06:33:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXRdnJqXi1U

Varcaus
January 30 2016, 07:13:57 AM
oh god my sides

Nicholai Pestot
January 30 2016, 10:53:19 PM
The great thing is he sent that video in (as you see it there, editing and all) as a bug report.

Eard
January 31 2016, 01:29:13 AM
Since it hit early access guess it's time for a separate EC thread

Armag3ddon
February 15 2016, 02:26:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63qOrP4WtFg

Alex Caine
February 16 2016, 04:09:32 PM
Not 40k, but we don't have a Warhammer Fantasy digital thread....

http://manowarcorsair.com

Steph
February 23 2016, 11:40:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63qOrP4WtFg

Jesus God can someone please give that guy a fucking pronunciation guide? :psyduck:

Sandzibar
March 12 2016, 09:09:30 AM
Some beta footage from a DoW2 caster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It8jkRmrnec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4zyfnaJJto

Joe Appleby
March 12 2016, 09:48:52 AM
Wait. Pre-order gets me into the beta?

Ashaz
March 12 2016, 10:22:20 AM
Wait. Pre-order gets me into the beta?

That's been a thing ever since WoW you know.

Joe Appleby
March 12 2016, 10:27:49 AM
I missed the pre-order stage.

And the guy is infuriating me at times.

Elriche Oshego
March 12 2016, 07:55:37 PM
BFG HYPE!

I am prepared to remove heretic scum and pray to the God Emperor for critical rolls.

Joe Appleby
March 12 2016, 07:56:14 PM
Much hype.

Tapapapatalk

Mythrantar
March 12 2016, 10:26:48 PM
Some bugs and balance issues (which is to be expected) but at it's core I think it's a very fun and enjoyable game that does justice to W40K's massive spaceships. A must-buy for me.

Adolith
March 13 2016, 02:14:36 PM
Its pretty cool. The "just one more battle" feeling did cost me some hours last night.

Alex Caine
March 13 2016, 08:13:44 PM
Really enjoying, well worth it I think so far.

Kilabi
March 13 2016, 10:06:24 PM
As soon as I get bored with The Division I am going to get this.

Sandzibar
March 14 2016, 08:33:37 AM
As soon as I get bored with The Division I am going to get this.

So in one more week then? :troll:

Nicholai Pestot
March 14 2016, 12:19:47 PM
Is good. The sneak preview of the campaign makes we want to play the whole thing and the skirmish/multiplayer stuff could be a game in its own right. Very enjoyable.

When I lost a light cruiser and the other light cruiser tried to abandon my cruiser to retreat on its own without me ordering it to do so, I had the ships commissar execute the captain and swiftly regained control of it. Nice touch :)

Between this and eternal crusade I am getting a fairly decent 40k fix at the moment.

Mythrantar
March 14 2016, 01:30:59 PM
I just hope they polish it enough till release day (supposedly on the 23rd). In other news, has anyone tried this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312370/

Is it basically Panzer General/Panzer Corps with a W40K skin?

Liare
March 14 2016, 01:32:57 PM
I just hope they polish it enough till release day (supposedly on the 23rd). In other news, has anyone tried this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312370/

Is it basically Panzer General/Panzer Corps with a W40K skin?basically yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjss0SVKHpE

Kilabi
March 14 2016, 03:19:49 PM
Three days from now.

Joe Appleby
March 14 2016, 04:27:11 PM
Bought, Going to play tonight. It's going to be good.

Liare
March 16 2016, 08:42:14 AM
battlefleet gothic is apparently still under embargo, but i have heard that the omens on that one is good, expecting a wtf is... later this week or early next week.

Alex Caine
March 16 2016, 09:00:09 AM
It is good, though i absolutely cannot into Chaos. I lack the kite skills :(

Nicholai Pestot
March 16 2016, 09:40:08 AM
It is good, though i absolutely cannot into Chaos. I lack the kite skills :(

-stasis bombs on everything to help break up the enemy force
-always be using the nitro for speed and turns.
-make sure you enable the toggle on the ships that lets you set a target without cancelling a move order.
-micro like an Asian playing StarCraft

Mythrantar
March 16 2016, 01:49:18 PM
battlefleet gothic is apparently still under embargo, but i have heard that the omens on that one is good, expecting a wtf is... later this week or early next week.

No embargo; It's open beta.

Mythrantar
March 16 2016, 02:11:10 PM
basically yes.

So I got it and I must say I enjoy it far more that I enjoyed Panzer Corps. Probably it's the fact that it's W40K instead of real Nazis. I would definitely recommend!

Liare
March 16 2016, 02:14:27 PM

No embargo; It's open beta.huh, i was under the impression it was embargo'ed because there has been fuck all noise about it from the usual suspects. :)

Mythrantar
March 16 2016, 07:55:17 PM
Just search YouTube. There is a good number of in-game clips up.

Torashuu
March 16 2016, 08:30:50 PM
Forum even has post excplicitly stating no embargo plz share/lik/sub/tweet/repeat
Its pretty nice, though atm assault boats on all the things. Chaos has a hard time. Eagerly awaiting eldar for maximum faggotry and orks for random fun.

Alex Caine
March 17 2016, 12:42:17 AM
Assault boats just got nerfed...troop strength boosts all ounce, and Assault Boat waves down from 3 ships to 2. Double nerf slapped, testing needed to see if they are still good.

Mythrantar
March 24 2016, 07:12:17 PM
New release date: April 21st, new free-to-early-adopters faction, and Orks coming to the beta!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19JRYTkg5fQ

Adolith
March 25 2016, 08:39:06 AM
Good news. Gives them time to make the game even better.

Alex Caine
March 25 2016, 10:08:24 AM
Yeah, it needed the slight push back tbh. I'm glad they are doing this rather than sticking slavishly to the date.

Lusc
March 25 2016, 10:42:04 AM
Loving the game!

I cannot wait for Orks! they will be awesome. Wish both this and Eternal Crusade would get them in now!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGH

Mythrantar
March 25 2016, 05:08:57 PM
Beta patch is out. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!

Torashuu
March 26 2016, 06:43:45 AM
Mega kannonz, mega kannonz everywhere. Alwo fitting that best tactic is heading straight for the enemy, hitting the big red button and boarding anything bigger than an escort that gets within range. Havent figured out yet if waaaagh stacks.

Nobody_Holme
March 26 2016, 08:06:34 AM
Mega kannonz, mega kannonz everywhere. Alwo fitting that best tactic is heading straight for the enemy, hitting the big red button and boarding anything bigger than an escort that gets within range. Havent figured out yet if waaaagh stacks.

WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Alex Caine
March 26 2016, 12:38:06 PM
Forums full of "orks are broken and OP". I find them pretty ok tbh...lost 1, won 5 against them. They are INSANELY powerful brawlers, but can't do shit at range, even with spamming Shokk attack favours. I find them pretty balanced so far.

Zeppelin
March 26 2016, 02:47:10 PM
I should get this game. Is it just 1v1 in multi?

Alex Caine
March 26 2016, 03:09:41 PM
Right now yes...eventually 2v2.

Torashuu
March 26 2016, 04:19:49 PM
Forums full of "orks are broken and OP". I find them pretty ok tbh...lost 1, won 5 against them. They are INSANELY powerful brawlers, but can't do shit at range, even with spamming Shokk attack favours. I find them pretty balanced so far.

Yeah, people keep haplessly flying within 3km and then are surprised they get blown out of the sky by the derp guns that literally don't have more range. Bonus points for the Chaos carrier fleet I encountered that steamed right through my convoy protection of 1 CL and 6 Brutal Gunships. Practically one-shot them. People havent noticed yet orks only have a speed boost and can't turn worth a damn, so they aren't particularly mobile or nimble.

Constantinus
March 26 2016, 08:53:08 PM

Yeah, people keep haplessly flying within 3km and then are surprised they get blown out of the sky by the derp guns that literally don't have more range. Bonus points for the Chaos carrier fleet I encountered that steamed right through my convoy protection of 1 CL and 6 Brutal Gunships. Practically one-shot them. People havent noticed yet orks only have a speed boost and can't turn worth a damn, so they aren't particularly mobile or nimble.

The problem is that keeping your distance works with chaos ships but iom vessels have a much harder time. With 6km base range for the macrocannon battery, a relatively slow speed and the need to show your broadsides (in addition to taunt, stasis bombs and microwarpdrives) it can be very hard to keep your distance. Oh, and the Savage escortship is pure bullshit. The damn thing is dirt cheap and has an insane amount of firepower, unmatched by any other escort, on a ship where the typical ork lack of agility doesn't matter.

Alex Caine
March 26 2016, 09:12:46 PM
Imperial vessels are far more agile using high energy turns, and orks are only really strong to the front. Granted peop,e have to stop using Dominators and other macro heavy ships, but I've been doing very well skirting past them (stasis and micro warp helps fc, then just getting into a turning way with them.

Currently at 7 wins 3 losses Imperial vs Ork, using Gothics, Tyrants and Dictators mostly. YMMV by play style ofc, and I suspect this fleet mix would suffer against Chaos more.

Torashuu
March 26 2016, 10:02:15 PM
Had one tricky game (breakthrough defense) where a chaos carrier/lance fleet was basically flying in big circles, while spamming stasis bombs and speed boosts to keep me away, was down to the last platform when I managed to land a lucky stasis myself and micro-jumped one battlecruiser in his midst. one boarding action, ramp and some blapping left his fleet in shambles and got me the win, but it was a close thing. Most losses I suffer are from people going for the objective in a smart way where I get sidetracked with wrecking ships. Oh, and had one nova cannon imp fleet that gave me some trouble, until he decided he wanted to brawl anyway. It does seem Orkz are quite easy to use, so probably a bit on the strong side. All my ships got the Mega Kannonz and Extra Bigger Huge Kannonz upgrade (+3k range), so that might be the trick (actually not even sure if it works on mega kannonz). Since fast fleets and aoe stuff is giving me most trouble so far, going for +speed upgrades on all ships, and probably evil sunz favours all around.

Orks are on the strong side, but even the ork vs ork games aren't particularly hard.

Alex Caine
March 26 2016, 10:11:43 PM
Oh each, don't get me wrong. Orks are definitely strong and pretty straight forward. But they are a long way from unbeatable even with Impetials, and I think Chaos actually have the advantage.

Approaching Walrus
March 29 2016, 09:16:42 PM
will there be a ps4 port for those of us who have fallen from pcmasterrace status? :(

Mythrantar
March 29 2016, 09:36:03 PM
will there be a ps4 port for those of us who have fallen from pcmasterrace status? :(

http://i.imgur.com/Vw0HV8h.png

Joe Appleby
March 29 2016, 09:44:41 PM

You do realize that it is a strategy game with mouse and keyboard controls?

Nu11u5
March 29 2016, 10:40:35 PM

Not that I see a port happening...

But consoles can use USB or BT keyboards and mice. They ported FF14 (the MMO) where it was basically a requirement.

Joe Appleby
March 29 2016, 11:06:28 PM

Not that I see a port happening...

But consoles can use USB or BT keyboards and mice. They ported FF14 (the MMO) where it was basically a requirement.

Yes, but how much sense does that make for a niche game on the PC? Oh and the system requirements aren't that high, any office computer can probably play this.

filingo
April 3 2016, 08:59:00 AM
ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS

content :

my low level orks got matched up with another higher level player for a 600 point match again, last time this happened i took all my light cruisers and got completely destroyed and had to juggle ships for a few matches (actually kind of fun)

so this time i took the minimum 2 light cruisers and 12 savage gun ships

IN player sat in the corner of the map with a BC, cruiser, light cruiser and an escort

I was half expecting to lose again but he sat in the corner so i just selected everything and hit the red button. i boarded some shit too.

Killed everything but the light cruiser which managed to warp out. Lost two escorts.

ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS

Torashuu
April 3 2016, 10:12:16 AM
savage gunships are really cost effective. Contrary to the other two it often is more beneficial to bring the minimum of lighter lineships and loads of them rather then fill your points with the heaviest you can bring.

Generally Its 4x CL (mega kannons, Waagh or Stasis bomb, speed, macro range, armor pen <3km, belt armor and Evil Sunz favour (more BRB, tractor)) + however many savage gunships.
If I think I need a damage sponge I take the BS instead of a bunch of gunships.
Gunships have Speed, macro range and armor pen upgrades.
BS has MWD, boost refresh, stasis and Waaagh, mega kannon & 2x Zzzap, Speed, Macro range and belt armor upgrades and Goffs favour.

Crew upgrades all into Boyz first, Gunner 2nd and Grotz 3rd.

Nicholai Pestot
April 3 2016, 10:26:07 AM
Confirming savages are great.

filingo
April 3 2016, 02:19:53 PM
savage gunships are really cost effective. Contrary to the other two it often is more beneficial to bring the minimum of lighter lineships and loads of them rather then fill your points with the heaviest you can bring.

Generally Its 4x CL (mega kannons, Waagh or Stasis bomb, speed, macro range, armor pen <3km, belt armor and Evil Sunz favour (more BRB, tractor)) + however many savage gunships.
BS has MWD, boost refresh, stasis and Waaagh, mega kannon & 2x Zzzap, Speed, Macro range and belt armor upgrades and Goffs favour.

http://i.imgur.com/IRflSZw.jpg

Torashuu
April 3 2016, 02:43:08 PM
Yes, despite the patch orks are still piss easy to play. I've been trying to level up my IN fleet for a bit and its always a close game vs IN or chaos, but vs Orks its just a question of how long before I have to jump, and will my ships die if they try. The rare games I've won usually are because I managed to get one of their ships below 30-40% hp and due to their crappy morale fail-cascaded back into the warp. Chaos has some edge if they have the space/time to kite and can make it hard for orks, but IN just gets beaten into paste.

Liare
April 3 2016, 02:53:14 PM

http://i.imgur.com/IRflSZw.jpg1/10, not enough Savage Gunships

Nicholai Pestot
April 3 2016, 03:06:56 PM
I'm a fan of Enhanced Induction Coils + Waagh (somewhere in the fleet) + Goff upgrade myself.

Double big red button + brace for impact + bonus ramming damage from Goff + bonus boarding from waagh + bonus boarding from Goff = fucked enemy ships from a range most people don't expect. The challenge is lining them all up for the second instant big red button. It's great fun when you connect three or four solid rams at once. You can almost smell your opponents panic.

Enhanced Induction Coils also recharge in-time for the mid game, giving you another double big red button for the middle/tail end of a fight when a Chaos player tries to kite you.

Liare
April 3 2016, 08:49:45 PM
i watched a bit of Eldar gameplay, is it me or does it look like they are going to be problematic to balance ? i mean honestly, i can see them go launchbay heavy setups and just refuse to engage entirely, wearing the enemy down with waves and waves of bombers.

Alex Caine
April 3 2016, 08:53:04 PM
Yeah, I'm struggling to see how Eldar will work out. I've seen several builds for them, and they veer wildly from uncatchable dick machines that can't lose, to horribly underpowered paper planes.

Have to wait and see I guess.

Constantinus
April 3 2016, 09:15:52 PM
Yeah, I'm struggling to see how Eldar will work out. I've seen several builds for them, and they veer wildly from uncatchable dick machines that can't lose, to horribly underpowered paper planes.

Have to wait and see I guess.

I don't think that Eldar will be "uncatchable dick machines that can't lose". Their usual engagement range is around 6km, holofields are problematic against macrocannons (yay Carnage/ Tyrant class cruisers) and bombers are countered by bringing more than a single carrier (1 fighter neutralises 2 bombers afaik).
In addition Eldar ships tend to be weakly armoured, expensive and not particularly well endoved with structure points, at least on the tabletop.
Oh, and pulsars seem to be an activated ability which is pants on head retarded

Torashuu
April 3 2016, 09:22:36 PM
In close test eldar were complete piss, with the only ships approaching their worth in points the escorts. So I wouldnt hold my breath.

Kilabi
April 4 2016, 04:49:11 AM
Fuck the spaceelves anyway. Not green enough.

Varcaus
April 4 2016, 05:26:03 AM
Well I tried to wait. Didn't work rip wallet.

Torashuu
April 4 2016, 07:06:25 AM
I will probably end up playing spaceelves, because Orkz are so easy can't hold my attention.

Liare
April 4 2016, 10:33:02 AM
i am more looking forward to the absurdity that is the space marine fleets.

fugging bombardment cannons, cruiser-level-protection-on-light-cruisers-with-escort-mobility and boarding parties that makes greenskins even greener.

Nicholai Pestot
April 4 2016, 11:13:28 AM
If they are anything like TT, marines will be shit.

On TT they were amazing at anything involving a planetary assault and worthless for everything else.

Kilabi
April 4 2016, 11:43:02 AM
I will probably end up playing spaceelves, because Orkz are so easy can't hold my attention.

Main reason why I am mainly playing Imps now. Nice diversity overall, engaging to play. Orkz I just played a few games with a pure boarding setup just for shits and giggles. Boardingtorps and assaultcraft on everything. No firepower at all but so much fun with some lucky rolls.

Liare
April 4 2016, 11:54:19 AM

On TT they were amazing at anything involving a planetary assault and worthless for everything else.
u wot m8 ?

the Strike Cruiser is the baseline light cruiser and it takes a big fat dump on the Dauntless, the big downside is that all you have is strike cruisers and barges when looking at the TT, though some fluff mention Vanguard cruisers, basically modified Dauntless class ships that could instead serve as light cruisers, with Strike cruisers taking up cruiser slots, where in turn they aren't really toe-to-toe competitive without sending smurfs across to rampage around the enemy ship.

even then you get some seriously tough nuggets, but less of them and less fleet flexibility with some amusing gimmicks such as boarding torpedoes (that can actually turn in the tabletop) and combined fighter/assault transports, i could well see Space marines vs Orks devolve into a close ranged boarding heavy slugging match, space marines vs chaos playing out much like Chaos vs Imperial Navy does, except the strike cruisers can run down the chaos ships and the space marines vs imperial navy turning out much like it does with orks.

Torashuu
April 4 2016, 02:03:19 PM
Dunno about TT, but IN schtick seems to be jack-of-all attrition, never good, but always able to do something, and just trying to hold out until the other guy folds.

Elriche Oshego
April 4 2016, 02:53:20 PM
So is it worth spending some Looniebux on this game? It is 10% off - $44.99 CDN.

Nicholai Pestot
April 4 2016, 02:56:44 PM

u wot m8 ?

the Strike Cruiser is the baseline light cruiser and it takes a big fat dump on the Dauntless, the big downside is that all you have is strike cruisers and barges when looking at the TT, though some fluff mention Vanguard cruisers, basically modified Dauntless class ships that could instead serve as light cruisers, with Strike cruisers taking up cruiser slots, where in turn they aren't really toe-to-toe competitive without sending smurfs across to rampage around the enemy ship.

even then you get some seriously tough nuggets, but less of them and less fleet flexibility with some amusing gimmicks such as boarding torpedoes (that can actually turn in the tabletop) and combined fighter/assault transports, i could well see Space marines vs Orks devolve into a close ranged boarding heavy slugging match, space marines vs chaos playing out much like Chaos vs Imperial Navy does, except the strike cruisers can run down the chaos ships and the space marines vs imperial navy turning out much like it does with orks.

Nothing you have said there leads me to believe you have actually tried using them on the TT.

They are shit on TT. This is my opinion as someone who has used them and fought against them. It is also the opinion of the general TT community.

They are a one trick pony with an overly limited selection of ships/weaponry, a horrible weakness to strike craft and weapons that look amazing but end up being shit for the points you pay. You basically board with them, or loose.

They are amazing at hitting static targets (like planets or stations) and are amazing if you use one of the 2010 lists that let you mix the larger imperial ships with them, but as a baseline standalone fleet they are by far the worst force in the game.

Hopefully they can do something about this with the digital implementation of the fleet.

Varcaus
April 4 2016, 04:03:55 PM

u wot m8 ?

Nothing you have said there leads me to believe you have actually tried using them on the TT.

They are shit on TT. This is my opinion as someone who has used them and fought against them. It is also the opinion of the general TT community.

They are a one trick pony with an overly limited selection of ships/weaponry, a horrible weakness to strike craft and weapons that look amazing but end up being shit for the points you pay. You basically board with them, or loose.

They are amazing at hitting static targets (like planets or stations) and are amazing if you use one of the 2010 lists that let you mix the larger imperial ships with them, but as a baseline standalone fleet they are by far the worst force in the game.

Hopefully they can do something about this with the digital implementation of the fleet.
I mean to be fair its does kinda make sense it's space marines not the navy :p.

Liare
April 4 2016, 04:49:37 PM

u wot m8 ?

Hopefully they can do something about this with the digital implementation of the fleet.i have played them a bit in TT, albiet not with full on miniatures of the like, just cardboard cut-outs homebrewn based on the published rules and disagree, their ships are expensive and thus fewer in number than most other factions though they are tougher, this means you're more endangered by a streak of bad RNG than your opponent, but ship for ship they are incredible at shorter ranges where you can bring boarding tactics into play, Thunderhawks are pretty neat as well being basically assault boats that can fight back and act as fighters in a pinch, likewise bombardment cannons pack quite a wallop, it's no lance with it's automatic damage like the Dauntless but it leaves a fair sized dent when it does hit something and can actually fire along the broadsides with the main batteries meaning you're outgunning most light cruiser foes.

the biggest weakness is the lack of cruiser sized vessels, a single strike cruiser cannot duke it out with a lunar class in a straight up fight so you need to rely on greater number of strike cruisers and escorts and boarding like a maniac to make up the gap, a weakness in the BFG:A implementation due to the greater micro load that implies.

also, a swarm of hunter class destroyers shooting space marines at everything can be an amusing gimmick, not very good, but amusing.

Mythrantar
April 4 2016, 05:01:48 PM
Eldar incoming. (https://www.facebook.com/BattlefleetGothicGame/photos/a.330954220435284.1073741828.329715587225814/468645243332847/?type=3&theater)

Varcaus
April 4 2016, 08:20:18 PM
K so being unable to execute captains is real fucking annoying.

Finding no good way of dealing with ork so far I've just started bringing massed macro cannons and sniping at them then warping off when they close if they have a bunch of ships left still.

Mythrantar
April 7 2016, 11:41:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O74nSsaZ9Q

Torashuu
April 7 2016, 12:09:17 PM
Will have to try. Will fail terribly.

RazoR
April 7 2016, 03:06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdigtm5APA

store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
(store.steampowered.com/app/344240/)

what the fuck is this

Sandzibar
April 7 2016, 03:23:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdigtm5APA

store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
(store.steampowered.com/app/344240/)

what the fuck is this

Well, it's not fucking 40k thats for sure.

Zeppelin
April 7 2016, 03:24:30 PM
My guess would be that it's a shitty adaptation of this old thing - GW are selling their IP to anyone these days

http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c9129972ac85d6b1f4e703468e6b.r99.cf2.rackcdn.c om/products/pictures/128516.jpg

Torashuu
April 7 2016, 03:45:58 PM
That is more correct than you might think. Where previously they would license out their IP as a bundle exclusively to one publisher/studio (40k thq relic). Now they are providing bits and pieces to anyone with a good pitch, and the strange thing is, its working out quite well for them.

Varcaus
April 7 2016, 06:51:43 PM
That is more correct than you might think. Where previously they would license out their IP as a bundle exclusively to one publisher/studio (40k thq relic). Now they are providing bits and pieces to anyone with a good pitch, and the strange thing is, its working out quite well for them.

Which is strange because gw doesn't do good business choices.

Aranial
April 7 2016, 09:03:44 PM

They've been doing a lot better lately with Mordheim, BFG, Eternal Crusade, total war (we hope) and lots on the mobile platforms that seem to have good reviews. You've got to remember GW might have got nervous after Chaos gate and Armageddon (a loooong time ago and not great) even if Dark Omen and shadow of the horned rat were excellent. This is what I think lead to the 'lock down' on the IP but now needing money and the definite improvement in general games studios output has meant GW have become more relaxed.

On a personal note, thank fuck for Total war warhammer. I can't stand the new Age of Sigmar stuff destroying 20+ years of 'my' Warhammer history from since I was 6. Total war feels to have rescued that old warhammer for me a little. (Yes I'm Damn bitter about it :P)

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Constantinus
April 7 2016, 10:35:02 PM

They've been doing a lot better lately with Mordheim, BFG, Eternal Crusade, total war (we hope) and lots on the mobile platforms that seem to have good reviews. You've got to remember GW might have got nervous after Chaos gate and Armageddon (a loooong time ago and not great) even if Dark Omen and shadow of the horned rat were excellent. This is what I think lead to the 'lock down' on the IP but now needing money and the definite improvement in general games studios output has meant GW have become more relaxed.

On a personal note, thank fuck for Total war warhammer. I can't stand the new Age of Sigmar stuff destroying 20+ years of 'my' Warhammer history from since I was 6. Total war feels to have rescued that old warhammer for me a little. (Yes I'm Damn bitter about it :P)

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

But... Sigmarines! Now you can have pseudo powerarmour in your medieval fantasy setting too! And Sigmar is even better than 40k's vegetable emprah! Oh, and no more Slaanesh. Now it's Bloodfang McMurderkill all the time, yay for Khorne /o\

Mythrantar
April 13 2016, 03:55:35 PM
The Eldar are now live. (http://steamcommunity.com/app/363680/discussions/0/365163686086393095/)

QuackBot
April 13 2016, 04:00:12 PM
What you guys seem to do is to imply the adjective gentle good?

Torashuu
April 13 2016, 10:36:04 PM
Eldar are hilarious, firepower of orks @6k range, nearly twice as fast as chaos, super nimble, only hard bits are mirror matches because pulsars refuse to fire at holofields, which incidentaly should be your first target.

Oh and because the ships are so fast you can easily set up torpedo runs tbat are so hard to dodge.

Nobody_Holme
April 14 2016, 04:16:40 AM
I may jump on the bandwagon, although it'll break my navel action instincts. Eldar being non-shit was always going to be a big draw for me.

Do hate to give GW money, though.

Torashuu
April 14 2016, 04:54:20 AM
Eldar ships give new meaning to the word fragile, keep that in mind.

Sandzibar
April 14 2016, 07:11:26 AM

I was watching a stream where some dude spent 10mins just trying to find the last eldar troll ship which seem to have perma stealth.

Varcaus
April 14 2016, 07:25:12 AM

I was watching a stream where some dude spent 10mins just trying to find the last eldar troll ship which seem to have perma stealth.

If they are staying still yeah. A quick poke looks like there going to be fucking hell on earth to micro.

Zeppelin
April 14 2016, 08:05:52 AM
I may jump on the bandwagon, although it'll break my navel action instincts. Eldar being non-shit was always going to be a big draw for me.

Do hate to give GW money, though.

Holme, I am dissapointed in you. I had no idea you where a filthy Xenos sympathiser.

Torashuu
April 14 2016, 09:43:49 AM

If they are staying still yeah. A quick poke looks like there going to be fucking hell on earth to micro.

Yeah some of the favours really do break some game modes (data/assassination defense with perma stealthed ships, hmmmm.)
The micro is not that hard, especially since you can use TC if you're really pressed. I don't like twitchy micro, and I feeling quite ok playing them, its just the self appointed SC-pro-esport-rts dudes who are complaining, irony much, despite them complaining how TC makes it too easy for others to 'nullify' their super pro skills.

Alex Caine
April 14 2016, 11:45:51 AM
My impressions:

- Super fragile (of course)
- feel great with the movement, except for the odd turning "wobble" they get
- Microing both Pulsars and Torps is a PITA, but not actually THAT hard with a bit of practice
- Some favours need adjusting due to utter breaking of game modes (see above posts). Also, Biel Tan is super lol (22 assaults is the highest i've seen on vid so far). This will clearly be fixed.
- Pulsars do massive damage if used right, but their Macros are absolutely pathetic.

Verdict: Not bad. Needs heavy tweaking, but overall a good first public release. Eldar were always going to be by far the hardest to balance.

Torashuu
April 14 2016, 12:28:49 PM
Macros are sufficient, because you use them only against eldar, (because pulsars vs eldar is a real pita because they wont autofire vs active holofields) and for that they hurt plenty. I find maintaining fighter cover much more critical/hard.

Alex Caine
April 14 2016, 12:57:21 PM
True enough i suppose. It feels like they should do SOMETHING to other races, but they act as ok "anti Eldar flak".
yeah, Fighter cover is vital with Eldar. I dont even bother with Bombers or anything.

Torashuu
April 14 2016, 02:31:29 PM
The bombers are nasty though, especially in eldar vs eldar
Elder vs other they are still really good bombers, its just that pulsar/torpedo hit&run kills much much quicker. And because of the fragility, time is against you (more lighting strikes/strikecraft/boardings/shots getting through holofield). In eldar vs eldar taking out holofields(generators) is absolutely critical, so anything with an improved lighting strike is so very good against them.

Alex Caine
April 14 2016, 02:40:26 PM
its not that the bombers aren't good, its that i feel i need protection way more generally speaking.

Armag3ddon
April 17 2016, 04:05:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFGQkdxi804

Kilabi
April 17 2016, 04:47:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFGQkdxi804

I just got a boner. Then I watched more of it. Now I am not sure anymore.

Calbanite
April 19 2016, 05:47:17 AM
Eh... I've read the books. I don't need to watch/play a shitty version of them (and get pissed off at their interpretations of the characters).

There's no way they are going to properly capture being an Inquisitor anyway. The amount of money and effort to do it all justice wouldn't be feasible IMO.

Dan Abnett needs to hurry up and write the new Bequin book ffs.

Mythrantar
April 20 2016, 03:34:22 PM
Launch trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3XeHpsis

Zeppelin
April 20 2016, 04:06:05 PM
Now that is some quality spacebattle porn

Liare
April 21 2016, 09:42:09 AM
notice the Imperial Fists strike cruiser.

Mythrantar
April 21 2016, 02:05:09 PM
Yup, can't wait for the Space Marines fleet. In other news, the release day patch notes are out. (http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2371)

Alex Caine
April 21 2016, 02:09:01 PM
Yup, can't wait for the Space Marines fleet. In other news, the release day patch notes are out. (http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2371)

Any chance you could copy/paste them here? Cant read it right now :(