PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k - digital edition (MMO, shooter,...)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Azure
October 13 2011, 05:46:42 PM
One factions is usually dominant from the start due to numbers. Smaller faction lose in battlegrounds/instances/whatever. Rage. They begin to leave. Bigger faction gets bigger (in relative terms) as smaller gets smaller (in absolute terms). More reage. More leaving. Server effectively becomes PvE dominated and dies. 3 factions tends to greatly dilute this as it's less polarizing having a third faction occasionally dropping in and unexpectedly swaying a fight.

3 factions worked well in DAoC and Planetside. Other MMO developers seem to be a bit :derp: catching on to this.

Kaianna
October 13 2011, 05:58:53 PM
Fair enough, that answers that fairly well :D

I had good times with WAR, but yeah, you are right.

Doomed Predator
October 13 2011, 06:54:30 PM
Each race should be it's own damn side! Hopefully all the pve "dungeons" won't follow the 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps WoW has, would be great if all classes could take a beating and then either heal like in spacemarine or just have some escape move.

definatelynotKKassandra
October 13 2011, 06:57:42 PM
Each race should be it's own damn side!

But elves and humans always ally in time of war, even if they sometimes fall out. And orcs are evil sp they'd team up with demons and undead.

The real question is what about dwarves?
[helicopters]

Sandzibar
October 13 2011, 07:06:59 PM
oh hai GW2 and your 3 server (see faction) open world pvp. you know i love you baby.

Azure
October 13 2011, 07:40:29 PM
Fair enough, that answers that fairly well :D

I had good times with WAR, but yeah, you are right.

Me too. WAR could have been so much better if it had learned lessons from other MMOs but, there ye go. Stormhammer ( <3 ) were good at switching factions to try and even things up because we were only ever in it for good fights. Sadly the vast majority of the population either wanted to be on the winning side or were too :emo: or :shiny: to switch so the polarization problem never sorted itself out.

Real shame.

Nobody_Holme
October 13 2011, 09:32:50 PM
WTB a squat world lying around somewhere. I mean, the 'nids cant have eaten ALL of them in one bite. I know they're small, but come on...

Shaikar
October 13 2011, 11:04:21 PM
WTB a squat world lying around somewhere. I mean, the 'nids cant have eaten ALL of them in one bite. I know they're small, but come on...I was under the impression that as far as the lore went, there were still squats around - it's just that the tyranids ate most of them, breaking them as a coherent faction so the survivors are now just Generic Abhumans #3847 within the Imperium. Much like ogryns and ratlings.

stormyfs-shitpoastin
October 14 2011, 12:52:42 AM
Oh god. It would be hilarious if Imperials had to visit a Squat world... You think they'd all be fluffy and friendly, but they try to eat your face, so you have to start butchering all of them.
Trolling GW for putting Squats in, trolling the fanboys by making them have to commit the final genocide.

Me
October 14 2011, 01:20:53 AM
Assassin/guardsman: the major assassin type, callidus, vindicare, eversor (however you spell it)

Wasn't it going to be you played a squad of guardsmen to balance against all the grimdark baddies out there? or did I imagine that...

Also guardsmen don't grow up to be assassins they are trained from birth.

Also also where's my commissar and inquisitor classes?

Sarpedon
October 14 2011, 02:14:33 AM
Wasn't it going to be you played a squad of guardsmen to balance against all the grimdark baddies out there? or did I imagine that...

Also guardsmen don't grow up to be assassins they are trained from birth.

Also also where's my commissar and inquisitor classes?
I'd hold off on actually believing it until Vigil/THQ officially announces something, "a little birdy" isn't exactly a super reliable source. Only confirmed stuff is two factions, Imperium is the only confirmed playable race/faction. E3 trailer from last year showed what looked like a player Guard squad, so I doubt it's really as simple as "each race = one class"

pratell
October 14 2011, 08:57:34 PM
imperial guard would be the perfect pet class, big "so wat" to this so-called preview.

Kilabi
October 14 2011, 10:10:04 PM
I am so looking forward to a Black Templar Spess Mareeeeehn being healed in a dungeon by an eldar warlock. There will be no rage at all. ever. no sir. totally makes sense.

Lief Siddhe
October 15 2011, 05:08:51 AM
niggaballs

Fallout
October 15 2011, 09:15:45 AM
I hope they add in a commissar class

Tyrehl
October 19 2011, 06:33:26 AM
WTH happened to Speis Mreen? I had no time to play it when it came out and now it looks dead (on the fhc channel @ IRC at least). Lol?

Frools
October 19 2011, 07:40:09 AM
WTH happened to Speis Mreen? I had no time to play it when it came out and now it looks dead (on the fhc channel @ IRC at least). Lol?
bf3 beta started

Eard
October 19 2011, 10:23:23 AM
I played for a week or two with randoms, but got pretty old fast. Waiting for the co-op dlc at this point.

XenosisReaper
October 19 2011, 10:26:22 AM
bf3 beta started

p much.

Fachiri
October 19 2011, 04:55:59 PM

The coop mode is getting patched in next Tuesday, unless Relic misses their deadline, so that should revitalize it a bit maybe possibly perhaps.

Carlo Curiosus
October 19 2011, 06:39:49 PM
Is lag any better?

I gave up on it after too many games where I started with 4-5 bars and still had pretty much everyone warping, shots through walls 10 seconds (literally) after I'd moved, etc.

Eard
October 19 2011, 06:50:05 PM
Granted, I'm far from a sensitive to lag fps junkie, and I do get a bad spot in a game every couple of hours, but in general I don't have any issues. Certainly nothing as delayed as you mention seeing.

Tyrehl
October 19 2011, 11:52:43 PM

The coop mode is getting patched in next Tuesday, unless Relic misses their deadline, so that should revitalize it a bit maybe possibly perhaps.Ok, waiting for awsom offers on steam then :D

Elias M
October 25 2011, 06:31:55 PM
The Exterminatus co-op mode for Space Marine is out.

Its fucking difficult.

It also seems that you get XP and can level up when playing co-op, but the weapon perks that you unlock (like Bolter Targeter needing 250 bolter kills) aren't counted. Dunno if armour stuff is unlocked through co-op.

Kaianna
October 25 2011, 09:10:34 PM

Its fucking difficult.

It also seems that you get XP and can level up when playing co-op, but the weapon perks that you unlock (like Bolter Targeter needing 250 bolter kills) aren't counted. Dunno if armour stuff is unlocked through co-op.

Hard? I just got to wave 19 on my first try with a PUG. If anything, it's gonna be way too easy :/

Frools
October 25 2011, 09:18:10 PM

Its fucking difficult.

Hard? I just got to wave 19 on my first try with a PUG. If anything, it's gonna be way too easy :/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/648743187107457937/CBE066E079604659D8CCFA1E0419F142FE4D32DF/
we lost on wave 4
my first PUG

second game we got to like wave 17 or something

its basically The Last Stand from DoWII but in first person

which is awesome 8-)

Kaianna
October 25 2011, 09:29:59 PM
Aye, it IS awesome, but not hard as such.

Elias M
October 25 2011, 10:02:05 PM
My previous comment was probably cos we only had three people. Lot easier with 4 but still a really tough fight past wave 8-ish.

We've been using two Tacticals, one Assault and one Devastator. Seems to work pretty well, we three shooty Marines tend to stick together, with the Tacs constantly scanning all around and shooting what we can while the Devastator lays down supporting fire.

Can anyone confirm that the weapon challenges (kills & killstreaks with each weapon) aren't counted in Exterminatus? From what I've read it seems that for some people it counts and for others it doesn't.

Kaianna
October 26 2011, 06:02:38 AM
You dont earn unlocks in co-op as far as I can tell, you just use the ones you already earned.

pratell
October 28 2011, 05:48:43 AM
You dont earn unlocks in co-op as far as I can tell, you just use the ones you already earned.confirmin dis. otherwise i'd have like 50 bajillion multi-kills with melta.

Iloni Atoriandra
October 28 2011, 11:44:34 AM
You earn level up unlocks as you gain XP but not the specific weapon perks where you have to "Kill X" type things.

Kalorn
January 15 2012, 07:56:38 PM
http://kotaku.com/5876253/thq-wipes-out-games-planned-for-2014-to-ready-itself-for-sale-says-insider

A rumor spreading fast via Twitter on Sunday holds that THQ has canceled its entire 2014 slate of releases to position the company for sale.

Kevin Dent, a games industry veteran, tweeted late yesterday that THQ had canceled an MMO it was developing under license from The Games Workshop, meaning Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millenium Online (pictured above). Dent went on to say that the publisher had also canceled all projects due for release in 2014 and was in the process of returning intellectual property to their licensors.

The purpose, Dent alleges, is to ready THQ for sale. "I am hearing everything (in 2014 is canceled), they need to preserve cash," he said. Dent noted THQ's stock price is around 66 cents; it was about $6 this time last year.

Games THQ publishes under license include the Warhammer 40,000 series as well as the WWE and UFC lines, both of which are under exclusive license. Other games THQ publishes include the Red Faction and Saints Row series. In October 2010, it opened a studio in Montréal, luring away Patrice Désilets from Ubisoft, where he had been creative director of Assassin's Creed.

Doomed Predator
January 15 2012, 08:33:45 PM
God damn, I hope it isn't true. But if their stock actually dropped by almost 90% it probably is.

XenosisReaper
January 15 2012, 09:25:14 PM
Wat, I wasn't under the impression that THQ had been in the business of making bad or poorly received games, wtf happened.

Keorythe
January 16 2012, 05:14:53 AM
Lies. They already confirmed that nothing was shelved for 2014. On the other hand, the language used did not mention anything about the WH40k MMO.

https://twitter.com/#!/gamasutra/status/158763441098719235

http://kotaku.com/5876348/thq-says-it-has-not-cancelled-its-2014-lineup?

THQ has not cancelled its 2014 line-up, and has not made any decisions regarding the planned MMO. As part of the ongoing review of our business, we have made decisions to ensure that the company is strategically addressing the most attractive markets. As we have previously announced, we have dramatically reduced our commitment to the kids' boxed games sector which leads to a significantly more focused release schedule moving forward. Our slate for calendar 2012 and beyond is focused on high-quality core games and continues to build our digital platform and business. We are excited for our pipeline of original and high-quality content along with our relationships with some of the best talent in the industry.

Additionally, we are thrilled with the great performance of Saints Row: The Third, which on a like for like period in North America has tripled in sell-through from Saints Row 2. In addition, WWE '12's worldwide sell-through sales are up almost 40% year-over-year for the same sales period with fewer platforms. According to NPD, for the month of December and the 2011 year, THQ was the #5 publisher overall, #4 third party, with reported sell through growing over 18% in a market that was down almost 6%. And coming up next, we have two great titles for the first half of the year including UFC Undisputed 3 and Darksiders 2.

Sponk
January 16 2012, 05:49:48 AM
On the other hand, the language used did not mention anything about the WH40k MMO.

THQ has not cancelled its 2014 line-up, and has not made any decisions regarding the planned MMO.

:psyduck:

XenosisReaper
January 16 2012, 09:33:09 AM
Yeah I was going to say that Saints Row 3 sold a fuckton of units

Blutreiter
January 16 2012, 10:33:34 AM
Saints Row 3 and Darksiders 2 both on their own will see THQ comfortably through 2012 and 2013 too possibly.

Depends on how much money they are currently throwing at their development team. I expect a slowdown, but with the massive amount of excited fans waiting for the MMO, I seriously doubt they will can it. Thats a lot of money waiting for them.

Lusc
February 8 2012, 07:55:56 PM
SO I have just noticed that some DLC for Space Marine got released 2 weeks ago that involves a Dreadnaught! Now having not noticed any reviews pop up on any sites I read regularly I can only conclude that its rather a bit shit?

has anyone tried it and confirm its awesomeness? if noone has played it then I might just buy it and see what is like anyway....I mean come on boys....DREADNAUGHTS!!!!

Joe Appleby
February 8 2012, 08:16:36 PM
SO I have just noticed that some DLC for Space Marine got released 2 weeks ago that involves a Dreadnaught! Now having not noticed any reviews pop up on any sites I read regularly I can only conclude that its rather a bit shit?

has anyone tried it and confirm its awesomeness? if noone has played it then I might just buy it and see what is like anyway....I mean come on boys....DREADNAUGHTS!!!!

Checking steam it reads like a capture the flag multiplayer map, with the dread being the flag and once captured one of the team members gets to be the dread. No idea if worth €6,99.

EDIT Gameplay vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G30ACk8Wq8

Kilabi
June 11 2013, 08:49:53 PM
New MMO announcment: http://bhvr.com/eternalcrusade

2015 :/

Third person persistent MMO.

Soundbits from the intro are imperium, chaos, ork and eldar of course so no surprise there.

Lets see what comes up in the near future.

XenosisReaper
June 11 2013, 10:03:52 PM
New MMO announcment: http://bhvr.com/eternalcrusade

2015 :/

Third person persistent MMO.

Soundbits from the intro are imperium, chaos, ork and eldar of course so no surprise there.

Lets see what comes up in the near future.

http://bhvr.com

:vomits:

Nobody_Holme
June 11 2013, 10:07:09 PM
tried to look at page, it appears to be using java hosted on doubleclick.net to run a button you need to press O.o

Although, when i was checking this out, I came up with the following from their page's code:

<a class="access" href="#"> … </a><a class="denied" target="_blank" href="http://www.reddit.com/r/cats/"> … </a>

Dat redirect :D

EDIT: Also "We create connected experiences on console, mobile and web-based platforms.
We offer complete development and live operations solutions with an
established reputation for efficiency and quality"

fuck.

Synapse
June 12 2013, 12:23:07 AM
tried to look at page, it appears to be using java hosted on doubleclick.net to run a button you need to press O.o

Although, when i was checking this out, I came up with the following from their page's code:

<a class="access" href="#"> … </a><a class="denied" target="_blank" href="http://www.reddit.com/r/cats/"> … </a>

EDIT: Also "We create connected experiences on console, mobile and web-based platforms.

fuck.

Going to be fucking terrible. No question.

LarkinAlpha
June 13 2013, 02:30:53 AM

fuck.

http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/features.cfm?read=7493&game=954&ismb=1

It’s been awhile since Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium dropped off the face of the earth. Who knew that just a year after the closure of the THQ studio, we’d be here at E3 2013 talking about a brand new take on the 40K license as an MMO once more. Only this time? Well, this time Chaos Marines, Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks will all be duking it out on a massive scale while fending off the AI-controlled Tyranids in a universal struggle for power. We spent time with Behaviour Studios Head Miguel Caron (formerly of Funcom Montreal and Anarchy Online as well as Age of Conan) talking about the studio’s ambitions and philosophy for their take on Games Workshop’s epic space fantasy. Today, we have so much to tell you about what Behaviour has in store for all fans of the Waaagh.

Starting right off the bat, fans should note that four races will be playable from the start, with the fifth being the AI-controlled Tyranids (who are there to keep everyone balanced throughout the battle). The four races available at launch (24 months from now, 18 months for Open Beta) will be the Space Marines (Dark Angels), Chaos Marines (Iron Warriors), The Eldar, and the Orks. Miguel told us straight away that the game will be available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 as a premium Free-to-Play MMORPG. The free race available to everyone will be the Orks. But free players will only be able to progress through the game’s content Ork Boyz: five of which are needed to take down one Space Marine. Behaviour expects that F2P members will always outnumber paid players and the Ork Boyz are their way of balancing F2P with paid members. Once someone becomes invested in the game, they can purchase the other races and open up the full progression paths for each (including the Orks). But perhaps, I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s talk a bit about how the game’s ongoing planetary war will actually work.

We will start with the example of the Space Marines that Miguel gave us. You will login, select your character and be ported to your personal Orbital Striker (spaceship, which you can deck out and customize like a form of housing). You can also take your Striker and join it up with your Squad (up to 10 people) and create one shared mobile living space. Your Squad is part of the larger Chapter which is run by an electorate that the players will choose in the game itself. Are you following me so far? Good.

So your squad (or you as a solo player) then chooses a continent on the current campaign planet to land on. Each campaign will last three months, and then a winner will be declared. The game’s focus will reset to a new planet in the universe that Games Workshop has given Behaviour to make their own (it will not immediately be a part of the “canonical” Black Library). Once you land, you will be presented with an overworld map interface that displays where friendly and enemy squads are headed and shows you where action and locales to be explored are available. From this map display, you’ll be able to select a place to take your squad (or go it solo if you choose). Some locations may be rife with PVP while others may be more intimate PVE Tyranid encounters. One example Miguel gave us was a mine that is infested with Tyranids. If your squad is able to clear it out, you’ll gain those resources for your Chapter.
But that’s about the extent of the PVE content in Eternal Crusade. The crux of the game will be focused on the persistent struggle between the four player factions and of course the AI-controlled Tyranids. The PVP is Eternal Crusade’s big sell. As Miguel put it: “There is only WAR.” Combat is a mix between THQ’s single-player cult hit Space Marine and Epic Games’ Gears of War. You will seamlessly go between ranged bolter combat and then hacking apart a bunch of Nobz with your chainsword. It’s all handled via the familiar third-person over the shoulder vantage point. You can build your squad, and change your specs on the fly, between ranged and melee combat with vast array skills and abilities specific to each race and class.

Progression will handled via traditional experience points, but the way in which you earn those valuable XP will be a bit foreign. Sure, you can go off into the world and do your own thing, but if you decide to listen to your Order’s leadership (again, elected by the players) you will get bonus XP and rewards. Say your order sends out the call to sack a particular fortress and you help out? Then you’ll be justly rewarded with XP and Requisition tokens. If you decide to go your own way, you’ll get XP from playing the game as you want, but it’s always in your best interest to contribute to the war effort. Not only will you unlock more classes in each faction, but each class has its own deep skill tree to progress through. So you might start as a base Space Marine, but work your way up to a Chaplain and gain its armor and skillset.
Speaking of Requisition tokens: this is Eternal Crusade’s own form of currency. Like any military, you don’t really care about gold or copper... you just want some sort of allowance from your commanding officers to get bigger and better weaponry to do your job (and armor as well). As such, as you contribute to the War Effort, you’ll get Requisition from capturing objectives, following orders, and killing enemy players and Tyranids. These tokens can be spent with the Requisition vendors in order to fully deck out your character.

So, back to the Campaign. You will drop down into this overworld map, and you’ll see a fortress of the enemy lit on fire. Your squad will vote and all agree to go see what’s happening there. From the overworld map, the camera pans in in real-time to an over the shoulder view of your character. Your squad joins the battle in progress, and let’s say you successfully overtake the Eldar’s fortress. Now you’ve changed the border and territory control of the map, and any resources that were under the purveyance of the Eldar are yours to hold onto. Miguel said it’s a lot like EVE’s economy, but on a much simpler-to-grasp level. Resources are all necessary to make the armor, weapons, ships, and fortress armaments needed to defend your faction’s stake in the world. Once you take the fortress, though you may have ruined a lot of it in the process (because EC comes complete with destructible environments and plenty of cover mechanics) you will rebuild it and hold it to keep the battle-lines drawn in your favor.

All of this: the fight between the four player controlled factions and the fifth wild-card known as the Tyranids rages on for three months. At the end, a winner is decided by overall territorial control and dominance, and the battle shifts from that planet to a brand new one (fresh and ripe for the picking). The new world may have a completely different ecosystem, new resources, new layout, and all of that to fight over. Think of it like competitive “seasons” in any sport. What’s the point of a war if no one wins? And that’s the philosophy behind having a campaign system in Eternal Crusade.

There’s so much more to tell you about Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade, but all we can say is that Behaviour’s vision sounds exactly like what we’ve hoped for out of a 40K MMO. They have full reign to go into all the other races and faction in Warhammer’s lore. Dungeons and other content will be procedurally generated so that there’s always an element of surprise when you go to clear out a Tyranid infestation. Progression is set up to reward those to help their fellow warriors, while not limiting the ability for the lone wolf to play his part. The payment model is designed from the ground up to let anyone play while still making sure that those who feel invested have something to invest in. Ships, artillery, fortresses, airships... it’s all customizable and usable in the field of battle. Said “field of battle” will consist of a lot of people on any given map though Miguel was not ready to let us share the number of persistent on-screen players you can expect. Let’s just say it will be a lot.

Behaviour hopes to have Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade ready for its open beta in 18 months, and launch in just 24 months. Can they pull it off while targeting PC and consoles simultaneously? We shall see. But we are all very keen to find out just how much of their ambitious plans come to fruition, as it’s more than a little refreshing to see 40K treated not only seriously as a game for the fans by fans, but also as an MMO that’s seeking to become something unique in an industry that’s been clouded with also-rans for far too long. If Miguel and his team of MMO veterans can pull off half of what they are planning, we’ll all be in for a treat. Be sure to check back soon for more info on Eternal Crusade as we march ever on and on and pester Behaviour for as much information as they can muster. If you have questions, ask them here and we’ll answer them after we’re all back from the convention.

Bill Murphy / Bill Murphy is the Managing Editor of MMORPG.com, RTSGuru.com, and lover of all things gaming. He's been playing and writing about MMOs and geekery since 2002, and you can harass him and his views on Twitter @thebillmurphy.

Lana Torrin
June 13 2013, 05:43:52 AM
Miguel told us straight away that the game will be available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 as a premium Free-to-Play MMORPG.
Thats not a good start.

The free race available to everyone will be the Orks. But free players will only be able to progress through the game’s content Ork Boyz: five of which are needed to take down one Space Marine.
Ohgod.

Nooby
June 13 2013, 05:59:13 AM
Thanks, Obama. > : (

Nicholai Pestot
June 13 2013, 08:03:55 AM
The free race available to everyone will be the Orks. But free players will only be able to progress through the game’s content Ork Boyz: five of which are needed to take down one Space Marine.
Ohgod.

Being an ork nob is actually going to require herding a mob of kill-hungry retards.

I find that surprisingly compelling. As long as I can TK.

Liare
June 13 2013, 08:37:43 AM
Ohgod.

Being an ork nob is actually going to require herding a mob of kill-hungry retards.

I find that surprisingly compelling. As long as I can TK.its not orks without the occasional gratuitous team killing.

also, why the "HURR DURR WE HAVE SEEKRIT!" Dark angels of all things ? they are just about the least interesting chapter out there other than the Ultrasmurfs.
sigh

XenosisReaper
June 13 2013, 11:15:22 AM
Hopefully somebody somewhere has the Ultrashits liscense locked down so nobody else can use them forever

Kilabi
June 13 2013, 11:20:04 AM
This is going to be awesome. Imagine 3 good good free bozy take down a spacemarine noobin. Tears, tears everywhere.

Gonna be paying and doing a Kommando anyway so who am I kidding.

Tailn
June 13 2013, 01:02:24 PM
So they have pushed all the right buttons so far (I mean cole to perfectly) all we need to donow to balance this is find out that it is max of 10 vs 10, after paying to unlock anything other than Ork Boyz (I absolutely love the ftp balance mechanic) we find out that all upper tier crafting and the better progression paths requires $, no mechs or vehicles, no team damage and that it is a tab target skill bar (wow) style.
Not being bitter just realistic.

Nobody_Holme
June 13 2013, 01:18:08 PM
Well, it has more potential to be nonshit than i expected...

Still going to be shit though.

Kilabi
June 13 2013, 02:38:44 PM
Apparently the guys doing this got some dudes from funcom. While this may not be the best to hear you still have to say AoC had amazing combat mechanics and Secret World was also pretty solid (at least the bit I played in beta).

So if they could just manage to finish the product before releasing this time I am happy.

cullnean
June 13 2013, 03:15:43 PM
Biggest Der is

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

pratell
June 13 2013, 03:20:47 PM
Ohgod.

five 'eads is better den one

Nobody_Holme
June 13 2013, 05:03:29 PM
I'll be honest, trolling around as a bunch of orks killing pay-to-be-still-terrible-but-with-more-stats MUHREEN scrubs would be amusing. Could be okay.

XenosisReaper
June 13 2013, 05:20:41 PM
I'm okay with this as long as I can pay to be a Howling Banshee

LarkinAlpha
June 13 2013, 06:11:34 PM
I'm okay with this as long as I can pay to be a Howling Banshee

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17103353/Linked/Dat%20Ass.jpg

definatelynotKKassandra
June 13 2013, 08:08:46 PM
I will admit that that is quite a neat solution to the whole 'how balance game whilst minimising neckbeard raeg' issue - assuming they do it right of course.

Plus, the first big expansion is obvious: introduce new free faction, replace boyz with guardsmen and nobz with commissars. Boom, done.

Edit: who am I kidding, it'll be shit.

Isyel
June 13 2013, 08:35:16 PM
Apparently the guys doing this got some dudes from funcom. While this may not be the best to hear you still have to say AoC had amazing combat mechanics and Secret World was also pretty solid (at least the bit I played in beta).

So if they could just manage to finish the product before releasing this time I am happy.

Actually Secret World was pretty damn finished and fucking good, just people were being bads.

XenosisReaper
June 13 2013, 08:37:17 PM

Actually Secret World was pretty damn finished and fucking good, just people were being bads.

He said he only played in Beta, when it was pretty clunky tbh

Isyel
June 13 2013, 08:46:53 PM
Mhm, maybe. But the problem of that game was that at the start it felt clunky, until you got a couple more skills, when you realised it was actually pretty damn good and well thought out.

Kilabi
June 14 2013, 08:19:43 AM
Actually I was talking about AoC with the finished comment. I liked Secret World from the start, questing in SW was amazing imho.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 14 2013, 08:25:14 AM
Only having emo marines puts me off playing them. I dont get why they are using Iron Warriors either when they could have Black Legion.

Winged Nazgul
June 14 2013, 11:10:00 AM
Mhm, maybe. But the problem of that game was that at the start it felt clunky, until you got a couple more skills, when you realised it was actually pretty damn good and well thought out.

I call that the TotalBiscuit Principle. What you thought was the game being bad turned out to just be you all along.

XenosisReaper
June 14 2013, 11:14:04 AM

I call that the TotalBiscuit Principle. What you thought was the game being bad turned out to just be you all along.

Pretty much this

Kilabi
June 14 2013, 11:37:51 AM
TB videos are good to get a look at games as he is such a bad "gamer" he takes ages to get a grasp at simple mechanics so you, as a viewer, have to time to fully study them before the finds the right button to press.

Malcanis
June 14 2013, 12:10:22 PM

fuck.

Well yeah, Games Workshop are psychologically incapable of not shitting it up

Alex Caine
June 14 2013, 12:50:24 PM
Only having emo marines puts me off playing them. I dont get why they are using Iron Warriors either when they could have Black Legion.

While I agree on the Dark Emos, Iron Warriors are 100000x cooler than the Black Legion.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 14 2013, 12:51:58 PM
If theres going to be vehicles and fortificationy stuff then I suppose Iron Warriors makes sense and they are one of the least "chaosy" traitor legion so it could be an ok broad sprectrum race. I think Dark Emos might just be because they are the 6th ed box set chapter.

Nobody_Holme
June 14 2013, 12:52:22 PM
I quite like the homosexual marines actually. And they can use watcher as shopkeepers etc instead of actual marines.

Alex Caine
June 14 2013, 01:02:16 PM
I quite like the homosexual marines actually. And they can use watcher as shopkeepers etc instead of actual marines.

I guess....if you ignore every bit of lore.
Otherise they'd just use Chapter Serfs like every other Chapter.

I suspect Iloni pretty much nailed the reason. Latest boxset Chapter, so good marketing tool to get people from the MMO to the tabletop game.

Kilabi
June 14 2013, 01:19:44 PM
Also implications of Fallen and good chance to "hint" at heresy in the past blablabla....

Alex Caine
June 14 2013, 01:29:20 PM
Ah, yeah. The old GW hinting. That'll certainly be featuring, along with the absolute knowledge that they will never, ever confirm anything one way or the other :(

XenosisReaper
June 14 2013, 01:31:17 PM
The day GW actually advances the storyline beyond "and then this war happened, just like the last 200 wars except with some new guy oh and heres a model of him for you to buy" is the day I eat my own face.

Alex Caine
June 14 2013, 01:33:26 PM
The day GW actually advances the storyline beyond "and then this war happened, just like the last 200 wars except with some new guy oh and heres a model of him for you to buy" is the day I eat my own face.

I reckon your face is safe for as long as GW remians an independant company. If it gets sold to somebody bigger, it might change under new direction but otherwise....enjoy your face free diet.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 14 2013, 02:42:56 PM
Isnt GW going through a sale atm?

Nobody_Holme
June 14 2013, 02:48:05 PM

This I had not heard. WTB details/source

Alex Caine
June 14 2013, 02:52:11 PM

This I had not heard. WTB details/source

No details afaik, just a rumour. Has to be said that a lot of their changes and policy recently look like sale preperation though.

However, this rumour has surfaced countless times, so we'll see.

Nobody_Holme
June 14 2013, 02:54:42 PM
Their recent moves look like moronic sales policy begging for someone with a brain to take over.

Okay, so the "recent" in that sentence is pretty much un-necesarry...

Alex Caine
June 14 2013, 03:11:13 PM
You say that, but their most recent financials are actually quite solid. Increase in both growth and profit, as well as actual sales iirc.

We might hate their business model, but it DOES work for them sadly.

XenosisReaper
June 14 2013, 03:26:44 PM
Imagine if EA bought GW

Alistair
June 14 2013, 03:28:07 PM
Imagine if EA bought GW

Would rather imagaine Bethesda buying GW.

Alex Caine
June 14 2013, 03:31:29 PM
Imagine if EA bought GW

Honestly, I doubt they'd change much.
Seen the Eldar release?

"Buy the new Codex for £30! But wait...there is also a Day 1 DLC EXTRA Codex for another £30 for a specific Craftworld!"

So...yeah.

Lana Torrin
June 15 2013, 01:31:37 PM
Ah, yeah. The old GW hinting. That'll certainly be featuring, along with the absolute knowledge that they will never, ever confirm anything one way or the other :(

You don't read the books do you.. There are 2 DA Horus Heresy books and well, yeah they done did fuck up.

Also they have advanced the universe a little. Tyranids weren't an original enemy and the whole destroying the vanilla marines home was advancing the universe. Tau are advancing the story (new race with new goals). Necrons advanced it a little. The 13th Black Crusade and the returning on the Space Wolves 13th company was advancing the story..

What do you expect them to do? End the war and declare someone a winner?

Torashuu
June 15 2013, 01:32:49 PM
Kill off the emprah, wipe out humanity.

Nobody_Holme
June 15 2013, 02:33:07 PM
Have the showdown of the 13th crusade, chaos lose because :emprah:, run home with tail between legs and leave chapter size raiding forces, Tau take ground, have some scuffles with farsight enclaves and local imperials, add a couple of races who can turn up on the battlefield in new support roles, nids lose a hive fleet but eat something important like a craftworld or one of the major forgeworlds, imperials find a couple of cool new STCs for stuff...

None of these things break the universe or the game.

Daneel Trevize
June 15 2013, 05:31:38 PM
nids lose a hive fleet but eat something important like a craftworldHive Fleet Kraken. Iyanden.

Alex Caine
June 15 2013, 06:31:19 PM
nids lose a hive fleet but eat something important like a craftworldHive Fleet Kraken. Iyanden.

Iyanden didnt get eaten, the Hive Fleet got fucked.
It did get a bit shat on by the Nids though. According the the lore it's basically Craftworld Detroit now.

Daneel Trevize
June 15 2013, 06:55:48 PM
But isn't that was he was asking for? Just because you weren't there in the 90s doesn't mean it didn't already happen ;)

Alex Caine
June 15 2013, 07:02:11 PM
But isn't that was he was asking for? Just because you weren't there in the 90s doesn't mean it didn't already happen ;)

I thought he actually wanted them to EAT a craftworld, as in kill it. Which they didn't.
I assume the 90's comment was for him...i'm waaay too old for that to apply to me sadly :(

Nobody_Holme
June 15 2013, 11:16:15 PM
I did in fact mean eat as in totally destroy not "lol, wraithlords > fexes"

Also, I'm too old too, depressingly.

Nicholai Pestot
June 16 2013, 10:46:13 AM

Malan'Tai

Look it up.

Lana Torrin
June 16 2013, 12:21:48 PM
ITT people that don't know about 40k lore complain about 40k lore... There has been a shit tone of stuff happen in the last 25 years that has changed the universe and some of it was even game breaking to a point (fucking nids can just fuck off).

Kilabi
June 16 2013, 02:40:16 PM
The offical time is 998M40 iirc (not sure on the M). Which means in like 18 the year 40k is over. So there will be nothing totally game changing happening till they can´t milk it anymore.
Of course stuff will get added and new races and stuff developed and shit but all that only can happen through retcon. Pretending it has always been that way and only now we, as players, get informed and get rules for the stuff.

But stuff like the empress dying wont happen as this is not stuff just happening in the background. That is stuff everyone would be talking about.
Emo marines being dirty traitors is something they can hint about and work with because that is a fact not everyone would be knowing about. Perhaps we as players only got to know it because of a story or something from the inner circle.

TL;DR: enough stuff was, is and will be happening but mostly in form of reveals of older "hints" we got and nothing totally gamechanging because the official timeline ends in like 18h.

Me
June 16 2013, 02:49:51 PM
no reason why it has to end on 31st december 40,999.

Pretty sure the Ravenor novels are set in M41.

Kilabi
June 16 2013, 02:56:04 PM

True. Forgot about that. Even have it lying beside my bed half way through the triology. :/

Now at least we know the corpse on the throne won´t die the next 400 years as Ravenor became Inquisitor around 350 or something.

Alex Caine
June 16 2013, 03:03:46 PM

True. Forgot about that. Even have it lying beside my bed half way through the triology. :/

Now at least we know the corpse on the throne won´t die the next 400 years as Ravenor became Inquisitor around 350 or something.

M41 is the "modern" day, it's right at the end of the 41st millenium in the fluff. The year 40,999 as referenced above is the eve of M42. So Ravenor being set then is pretty normal...damn near EVERYTHING pretty much other than heresy stuff is M41. Ravenor however was before the "current" events such as the 13th Black Crusade and the like.

That said, there are some M42 events already. though only things vaguely referred to no with no details (mostly from the background of the main rulebook).

For reference, the last of the Ravenor Trilogy (so not Pariah, date of which I dont have offhand) was 404.M41, of 595 years before Abaddons 13th Crusade.

Disclaimer: By "damn near everything" I mean major events, not small single paragraph things. Ie Almost all novels, Gothic War, Badab War, 13th Black Crusade, Armageddon etc

Kilabi
June 16 2013, 03:39:16 PM
Yeah, fell into the typical numbers trap with millenia.

Official time is now: 995.999.M41 which would be the year 40999 our time (battle of verdun/WW1 in 40k lore is in 916.M2).

I had to look it up in the lexicanum now, i knew some books are happening after that and when Ravenor got mentioned I thought it was him but it Cain. Ciaphas Cain last book plays out during 127.M42.

Alex Caine
June 16 2013, 03:40:26 PM
Yeah, fell into the typical numbers trap with millenia.

Official time is now: 995.999.M41 which would be the year 40999 our time (battle of verdun/WW1 in 40k lore is in 916.M2).

I had to look it up in the lexicanum now, i knew some books are happening after that and when Ravenor got mentioned I thought it was him but it Cain. Ciaphas Cain last book plays out during 127.M42.

I totally forgot that actually, which is sad as those books are great.

definatelynotKKassandra
June 16 2013, 04:01:00 PM
Plus, timey-wimey stuff with the warp for dealing with retcons as required.

ry ry
June 16 2013, 06:06:41 PM
If eternal crusade doesn't suck I will stop plaing eve and go do that.

The chance of eternal crusade not sucking is currently hovering somewhere between "zero" and "fucking lol".

Kilabi
June 16 2013, 07:27:36 PM
It will never ever be any kind of replacement for EvE. Not a snowballs chance in hell.
This will never ever be a sandbox with any kind of depth.

Nobody_Holme
June 16 2013, 08:39:12 PM

Malan'Tai

Look it up.

Eaten != destroyed by some random tyranid mary sue who makes even less sense than the inestimable mr Draigo, frankly, although you have a point. For some reason I remembered that as an exodite world. :|

To the point of the original post, though, craftworld or exodite world really doesnt matter much because it doesnt ADVANCE THE PLOT. Which I maintain would be easy to do without breaking the game. CCP can do it to eve, without most people even noticing, after all.

Also, this wont be a sandbox. This WILL be a giant brawlfest, which could still come out as a fun game where randomly ganking bads is common and acceptable. Newbie protection is going to be a problem, though.

Daneel Trevize
June 16 2013, 09:24:31 PM
My point was, that at the time, they advanced the plot. Hell, I/we remember the first Necrons, then the lol-wat-c'tan, the hello-who-the-fuck-are-you-Tau, and I'm p sure in the last rulebook I bought they'd advanced the fact that the Golden Throne and/or Astronomican was failing.

Nicholai Pestot
June 16 2013, 11:12:25 PM

Malan'Tai

Look it up.

Eaten != destroyed by some random tyranid mary sue who makes even less sense than the inestimable mr Draigo, frankly, although you have a point. For some reason I remembered that as an exodite world. :|

To the point of the original post, though, craftworld or exodite world really doesnt matter much because it doesnt ADVANCE THE PLOT. Which I maintain would be easy to do without breaking the game. CCP can do it to eve, without most people even noticing, after all.

Also, this wont be a sandbox. This WILL be a giant brawlfest, which could still come out as a fun game where randomly ganking bads is common and acceptable. Newbie protection is going to be a problem, though.

Move the goalposts further why don't you.

Do the Tyranids need to be doing handstands and singing "In the navy" as well for it to count?

A craftworld got destroyed by the nids. The plot was advanced (this event was referenced by a number of different codex's and stories and now leaves a smorgasbord of soulstones sitting around waiting to be munched on by any passing malignant psychic entity). Your complaint was groundless. Your problem was based on your own ignorance.

Deal with it. Stop moaning. Move on.

Or

Go full retard and move the goalposts again to avoid being wrong on the internets.

Your call. Which will it be?

Nobody_Holme
June 16 2013, 11:25:47 PM
Do the Tyranids need to be doing handstands and singing "In the navy" as well for it to count?

YES THEY DO, DAMNIT.

I really dont see how it advances the plot of the universe any more than books covering the backstory of a marine chapter do, though. Daneel makes a good point, stuff does happen over time, but they've stopped doing it (throne failure was hinted in 5th BRB, outright stated in 6th, which I guess counts).

Expanding the universe isnt the same as moving it forwards, which is what i'm complaining about.

Also, could we perhaps discuss the game at least a bit in our posts instead of going entirely off-topic. Merhaps an opinion on how much of a sandbox they could make out of this, or if they'll put in MLP items for our battle-barges?

Lana Torrin
June 17 2013, 07:06:45 AM
and I'm p sure in the last rulebook I bought they'd advanced the fact that the Golden Throne and/or Astronomican was failing.

Wait what? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You require more souls.

Liare
June 17 2013, 08:52:23 AM

YES THEY DO, DAMNIT.

I really dont see how it advances the plot of the universe any more than books covering the backstory of a marine chapter do, though. Daneel makes a good point, stuff does happen over time, but they've stopped doing it (throne failure was hinted in 5th BRB, outright stated in 6th, which I guess counts).

Expanding the universe isnt the same as moving it forwards, which is what i'm complaining about.

Also, could we perhaps discuss the game at least a bit in our posts instead of going entirely off-topic. Merhaps an opinion on how much of a sandbox they could make out of this, or if they'll put in MLP items for our battle-barges?Pink space marines with MLP iconography.

the horror, it will scare daemons back to the warp.

Laerise
June 17 2013, 08:57:50 AM
Long live the Rainbow Warriors chapter and their spiritual liege Rainbow Dash! :D

Mona
June 17 2013, 09:06:06 AM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/068/2/3/rainbow_dash_marine_by_ghettomole-d3b9n3g.jpg

Liare
June 17 2013, 09:11:10 AM
Long live the Rainbow Warriors chapter and their spiritual liege Rainbow Dash! :DRainbow Warriors is an actual chaper. (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rainbow_Warriors)

Laerise
June 17 2013, 10:24:28 AM
Long live the Rainbow Warriors chapter and their spiritual liege Rainbow Dash! :DRainbow Warriors is an actual chaper. (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rainbow_Warriors)

Well duh, I know that. It's just fun to mix common internet tropes into something 20% more awesome :D

Alex Caine
June 17 2013, 11:31:50 AM
and I'm p sure in the last rulebook I bought they'd advanced the fact that the Golden Throne and/or Astronomican was failing.

Wait what? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You require more souls.

Yep, was in the latest main rulebook in the timeline section iirc.

Torashuu
June 17 2013, 01:02:11 PM
Still though, universe isn't grimdark enough, humanity still alive and kicking. I mean, isn't literally every other race/faction engineered for killing. Only regular humans and Tau aren't I think?

halbarad
June 17 2013, 01:07:28 PM
Still though, universe isn't grimdark enough, humanity still alive and kicking. I mean, isn't literally every other race/faction engineered for killing. Only regular humans and Tau aren't I think?

Eldar kind of aren't either.

Kilabi
June 17 2013, 01:28:44 PM
But than their society kind of builds around perfecting one aspect of fighting. And everyone else is still a guard. Plus some of the psykers and wraithbone and forcefields giving the a good edge.

True not really engineered but still really good at it.

halbarad
June 17 2013, 01:32:04 PM
Their society builds around being perfect at whatever path they currently work towards, not just the various fighting forms.

definatelynotKKassandra
June 17 2013, 01:34:33 PM
But than their society kind of builds around perfecting one aspect of fighting. And everyone else is still a guard. Plus some of the psykers and wraithbone and forcefields giving the a good edge.

Except they were engineered by the old ones for fighting, weren't they? Along with the orks. Or was that all thrown out with tomb kings in space?

Liare
June 17 2013, 01:46:13 PM

Except they were engineered by the old ones for fighting, weren't they? Along with the orks. Or was that all thrown out with tomb kings in space?that's still valid.

orks and Eldar are both engineered to fight the Necrons, or rather descendants of species engineered to fight Necrons.

humanity ? well it's not a accident, but the Pariah gene is supposedly planted by the Necrons, perhaps the entire species is as well ? somehow having humanity as a "improved" Necrotyr descendant would not really surprise me perhaps the old ones attempting to "redeem" the Necrotyr or something ?

i dunno, pure conjecture.

damaslaus
June 17 2013, 01:56:45 PM
isnt the emperor rumored to be a necron lord/god or something?

Liare
June 17 2013, 02:04:37 PM
isnt the emperor rumored to be a necron lord/god or something?first time i heard that, if you're implying that the emperor is a c'tan.

are you sure you're not thinking about the Void Dragon (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mag%27ladroth#.Ub8XXz3I-ZE) of mars ?

Nobody_Holme
June 17 2013, 02:31:14 PM
Theres discussion that both the Tau and Humans are plants of the Necrons, plants of the Old Ones, or other wierd shit.

Now they've told people to fuck off with their deus ex c'tanicha, at least somewhat, though, we all probably just evolved, along with all the other less successful wierd and wonderful gribblies, most of whom the empire has mulched.

Liare
June 17 2013, 02:48:19 PM
Theres discussion that both the Tau and Humans are plants of the Necrons, plants of the Old Ones, or other wierd shit.

Now they've told people to fuck off with their deus ex c'tanicha, at least somewhat, though, we all probably just evolved, along with all the other less successful wierd and wonderful gribblies, most of whom the empire has mulched.the whole 1 head 2 arms 2 legs configuration is rather suspect tbh.

why do orcs and eldar share that same configuration (you'd think 2 legs 4 arms would suit the orks better, more shooters that way) ? there are plenty of neat aliens out there that dont, and quite a few that does, while i can accept it might be a evolutionary advantage to evolve hands i find it hard to "get" that so many different species arrive at that configuration without some sort of intervention on the way.

look at the Necrons, its practically human skeletons, the depiction of the C'tans, star gods are also humanlike in nature, and those first impression of another sentient being was the Necrotyr.

Nobody_Holme
June 17 2013, 03:04:53 PM
Werent the old ones just lizardish version of the same too?

(Slann is space, etc)

Me
June 17 2013, 03:17:11 PM

Now they've told people to fuck off with their deus ex c'tanicha, at least somewhat, though, we all probably just evolved, along with all the other less successful wierd and wonderful gribblies, most of whom the empire has mulched.the whole 1 head 2 arms 2 legs configuration is rather suspect tbh.

why do orcs and eldar share that same configuration (you'd think 2 legs 4 arms would suit the orks better, more shooters that way) ? there are plenty of neat aliens out there that dont, and quite a few that does, while i can accept it might be a evolutionary advantage to evolve hands i find it hard to "get" that so many different species arrive at that configuration without some sort of intervention on the way.

look at the Necrons, its practically human skeletons, the depiction of the C'tans, star gods are also humanlike in nature, and those first impression of another sentient being was the Necrotyr.

humanoid figures with easily recognisable features sell better.

don't overthink things.

Liare
June 17 2013, 04:10:01 PM

humanoid figures with easily recognisable features sell better.

don't overthink things.counterpoint : Tyranids and some Tau auxiliaries.

weird alien shit sells fine in the universe, and i can understand the whole "humanoid is easier to sell!" aspect but they are damn well everywhere. :)

pratell
June 17 2013, 04:19:13 PM
isnt the emperor rumored to be a necron lord/god or something?first time i heard that, if you're implying that the emperor is a c'tan.

are you sure you're not thinking about the Void Dragon (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mag%27ladroth#.Ub8XXz3I-ZE) of mars ?

there is no void dragon on mars

SO SAYETH MATT THE GREAT

Nobody_Holme
June 17 2013, 04:24:48 PM
Tau auxiliaries.

Which, exactly?

Theres kroot (spiky flesh-eating wierd coloured humans), vespid (flying short humans), squats Demiurge (small humans) and a whole horde of things that dont even have models, some of which are still humanoids.

EDIT: Pretty much anything he says gets retconned by someone almost as bad (but not quite) at writing codicies down the line eventually, so we may as well take it that there IS a void dragon on mars.

Ashaz
June 18 2013, 06:33:25 PM

Except they were engineered by the old ones for fighting, weren't they? Along with the orks. Or was that all thrown out with tomb kings in space?that's still valid.

orks and Eldar are both engineered to fight the Necrons, or rather descendants of species engineered to fight Necrons.

humanity ? well it's not a accident, but the Pariah gene is supposedly planted by the Necrons, perhaps the entire species is as well ? somehow having humanity as a "improved" Necrotyr descendant would not really surprise me perhaps the old ones attempting to "redeem" the Necrotyr or something ?

Acording to the old fluff they seeded the galaxy with life so that they could harvest it all once it had grown a bit. They wouldn't care one bit about redeeming their food. With the new fluff who the fuck knows what is what. /bitter-necron-owner.No-longer-necron-player

Torashuu
June 18 2013, 06:53:32 PM
Find the Necrons incredinbly boring in all aspects. Even though one dimensional even the Dark Eldar and 'nids are more appealing.

Lana Torrin
June 19 2013, 07:43:15 AM
Find the Necrons incredinbly boring in all aspects. Even though one dimensional even the Dark Eldar and 'nids are more appealing.

I dont know, they have some interesting stuff in their books that related to other empires pretty well.. Like Tau not having any physkers..

Liare
June 19 2013, 08:12:04 AM

Acording to the old fluff they seeded the galaxy with life so that they could harvest it all once it had grown a bit. They wouldn't care one bit about redeeming their food. With the new fluff who the fuck knows what is what. /bitter-necron-owner.No-longer-necron-playerthe old ones are not the Necrotyr, the two went to war in ages past and pretty much cleaned out the galaxy in the process.

then the tyranids came in and ate the rest, or was it the Enslavers ? cant remember.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 19 2013, 11:27:51 AM
Enslavers, Tyranids are new to this galaxy.

XenosisReaper
June 19 2013, 11:31:04 AM

Acording to the old fluff they seeded the galaxy with life so that they could harvest it all once it had grown a bit. They wouldn't care one bit about redeeming their food. With the new fluff who the fuck knows what is what. /bitter-necron-owner.No-longer-necron-playerthe old ones are not the Necrotyr, the two went to war in ages past and pretty much cleaned out the galaxy in the process.

then the tyranids came in and ate the rest, or was it the Enslavers ? cant remember.

Old ones created warrior races to fight the Necrons (including the Enslavers) and the warrior races tore a hole in the Warp which fucked up pretty much everything (C'Tan get wrecked by anything warp related, so they went to bed) the other warrior races include early orks afaik.

(this is old Necron lore because fuck the new lore tbh)

The Deceiver C'Tan tricked the Nightbringer into eating almost all his fellow C'Tan, deceiver went into hiding and Void Dragon fucked off to Mars for whatever reason, pretty much 98% of life in the galaxy died so the C'Tan couldn't eat anything.

Tyranids didn't show up until much later, afaik the Ultramarines didn't know what they were until they'd eaten half the system.

Lief Siddhe
June 19 2013, 11:39:43 AM
Back on topic, if I can play as an Ork Boy and later as Imperial Guardsman I will literally come in my pants. GIEF DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG SKINS FFS

Iloni Atoriandra
June 19 2013, 12:17:41 PM
Should post 40k Lore in the main Wargaming thread.

Tailn
June 19 2013, 12:39:26 PM
Would pay to play Tau or Eldar, but first off Evil Suns R Best Orks and go fastest.

Torashuu
June 19 2013, 03:12:31 PM
Orks, only option to play. (Mainly because I can't take all the srs bsns emo races, well, seriously)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2008/11/29/7251-Awesome,%20Conversion,%20Orks,%20Squiggoth,%20Warh ammer%2040,000.jpg
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/9/11/52756-Conversion,%20Looted,%20Orks,%20Tyranids,%20Warham mer%2040,000.jpg
http://www.cold-moon.com/40k/Miniatures/Orks/Ebay/Dragsta%20%281%29.JPG

Nicholai Pestot
June 19 2013, 06:58:44 PM
Dead sneaky too.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/755/orkkommandos.jpg

Torashuu
June 19 2013, 07:42:23 PM
If only TT Kommando's were usefull.

QuackBot
June 19 2013, 08:00:09 PM
Only if it was a fun game :) stahpatalk.

Kilabi
June 19 2013, 08:31:20 PM

You shut your whore mouth calling 40k a non-fun game.

Actually, yes, the lore is the good thing. Quckbot being right once more.

definatelynotKKassandra
June 19 2013, 08:58:20 PM

You shut your whore mouth calling 40k a non-fun game.

Actually, yes, the lore is the good thing. Quckbot being right once more.

Quackbot is the distilled essence of FHC. His opinions are our opinions, his shitposts are our shitposts, his retardation is our retardation. He truly is the bot we deserve.

Nobody_Holme
June 19 2013, 10:24:13 PM
Dead sneaky too.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/755/orkkommandos.jpg

If they put those in as skins I would literally play the game just for that.
Seriously.

(ganking marine bads in the middle of a scrapyard while wearing a pile of tyres would be fucking genius)

Kilabi
June 20 2013, 09:16:32 AM
Not purple enough for hiding.

Nobody_Holme
June 20 2013, 06:40:09 PM
Purple tyres?

LarkinAlpha
June 20 2013, 06:57:28 PM
Not purple enough for hiding.

Purple tyres?

Deyz ded sneaky! You can't see any of da purple bitz!

Daneel Trevize
June 20 2013, 06:58:43 PM
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/9/11/52756-Conversion,%20Looted,%20Orks,%20Tyranids,%20Warham mer%2040,000.jpgLove it!

Iloni Atoriandra
June 22 2013, 11:44:05 AM
Just ordered a penis jetbike from that cheap FW site to see what the quality is like.

cullnean
June 22 2013, 12:46:12 PM
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/9/11/52756-Conversion,%20Looted,%20Orks,%20Tyranids,%20Warham mer%2040,000.jpgLove it!

omg

Iloni Atoriandra
June 22 2013, 02:52:44 PM
Oops wrong 40k thread.

Kilabi
June 23 2013, 08:26:13 AM
THE FOUR GAMES ETERNAL CRUSADE DEVS MUST-PLAY:

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Planetside 2
Borderlands
Mount & Blade: Warband

GREETINGS, FELLOW CRUSADERS!

Welcome to the first edition of the Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade newsletter. I’m David Ghozland, Creative Director on the project.

First of all, I wanted to say that myself and the team here at Behaviour Interactive can’t thank you enough for your support. We knew there would be a big response to a new 40k MMO, but the passion and enthusiasm we’ve seen from the community has gone beyond our expectations.

We consider this to be YOUR game – the online 40k world that the fans have always wanted. To that end, we’ll be setting up a space where you can communicate with the devs and share your thoughts. Expect some news on this front very soon!

In the months to come, this newsletter will be a platform for expressing our specific intentions on this project and communicating the thought processes behind its development. For the inaugural edition, however, I’d like to say a bit more about the game itself.

A World At War

One of the first misconceptions we saw about the game based on the announcement was that because of the game’s genre, people thought that we were making a "traditional" MMORPG. If you looked out our "required playing" list for new team members*, you'd see that we're planning on making something quite different indeed. We believe that the MMORPG genre is one with vast possibilities – just look at EvE Online or Firefall to see how far it can stretch.

In Eternal Crusade, we’re presenting a war on a planetary scale, but what you want to do in the game world is really up to you - there's no traditional quest or leveling structure in the experience. When you drop down to the planet with your friends, you’ll have a great overview of the ongoing conflict due to both traditional UI elements and community channels. If you want to head to the front lines and fight where you’re needed most, you can drive over there and do so. Along the way you might meet players from the enemy faction skulking about, or maybe you’ll spot a tantalizing entrance to the world beneath the surface or a Tyranid infestation bursting out near one of your strongholds.

Or perhaps one of your squad-mates will get an idea to hit the enemy behind their lines at a particularly valuable strategic position. It’ll take some skill to get there unnoticed and you might be guaranteed to have the enemy’s attention once you’ve done the damage, but the game's not going to stop you!

Part of what makes this possible is that MMO technology has come far enough to allow for true skill & precision-based gameplay and we’ve made a deliberate choice to make progression as horizontal as possible. A small amount of power gain is inevitable, but in a PvP-focused game it’s crucial that the vast majority of progression is about filling out your tactical possibilities and increasing specialization. Tabletop 40k has been a big inspiration in this regard, as you’ll see when we talk more about creating your character builds.

The other part is that we’re not creating a "content-heavy" world, but rather one driven by gameplay systems. There are unique spots to find, environmental lore bits and an ongoing narrative, but community efforts and Tyranid invasions drive the battle for the surface while the shapes and challenges of the underworld are generated procedurally. Our aim is to make an online world that never stops being able to surprise its players.

If this sounds good to you, stick around! We’ll keep talking about the details of the game design and other production updates right here, so if you know anyone else who might be interested in these topics, you can encourage them to register on the site.

Until next time, may the Emperor protect!

David Ghozland

Creative Director

The list of games looks good. Enjoyed all of those beside PS2, which is an amazing concept, because it was too bloby.

Nicholai Pestot
June 23 2013, 09:39:34 AM
too bloby.

Your Eldar is showing :p

Kilabi
June 23 2013, 12:43:12 PM
Indeed. I don´t enjoy being in those huge 50v50 fights in games. From time to time okay but if everything revolves around it I get bored too fast. At some points its not even directly the games fault but just the typical random noobs need for safety in numbers.

See GW2, WAR and every other open-world pvp MMO. You either gank random solo-dudes who just don´t know better or you run into 1,6 million dudes at once. Everything in between is just luck basically. I do not really expect them to find the cure with this 40k MMO but I am sure I will enjoy the shit out of being an ork for at least 3 weeks.

Torashuu
June 23 2013, 12:56:09 PM
The cure is quite simple, play orks, now you need 1.6million dudes to kill something. And the random retardation, lack of direction, tunnel vision to make a kill, total lack of self preservation & limited strategic insight is all very much in character. As well as a few who try to guide the mob with some stratuji. Now just an IQ test is required to play the other races. So only the smartest can play Eldar or SM, and moderately smart folks can do IG. And they all get to kill the waves of noobs and general internet detrius in droves. Everybody happy. :D

Joe Appleby
June 23 2013, 01:21:22 PM
TBH making Orks the base race for all new players is ingenious. Uncoordinated, retarded, no teamwork beyond piling up on something, lemming like behavior, all which is true for noobs and Orks. I call them Noorks. ;)

Nobody_Holme
June 23 2013, 03:10:48 PM
This may, against all odds, actually be good.

And even if not, it may well move the MMO landscape forwards a bit, which would be nice.

Alex Caine
June 23 2013, 03:22:57 PM
TBH making Orks the base race for all new players is ingenious. Uncoordinated, retarded, no teamwork beyond piling up on something, lemming like behavior, all which is true for noobs and Orks. I call them Noorks. ;)

I agree, actually just a stroke of inspiration.

Nobody_Holme
June 23 2013, 03:36:15 PM
I IZ DA BEST AT KILLIN' BOYZ WHAT DOES DUMB FINGS, LISTEN TA ME, YA GITZ!

halbarad
June 23 2013, 09:08:33 PM
How will we be able to tell when people are RP'ing and when people are just really terrible at spelling?

Hayes DuSid
June 23 2013, 09:22:53 PM
How will we be able to tell when people are RP'ing and when people are just really terrible at spelling?

The ones you disagree with are terrible at spelling.
The ones you like are RPing.

Hayes DuSid
June 23 2013, 09:22:58 PM
Double post reporting in.

Joe Appleby
June 23 2013, 10:01:07 PM
Just remember the old adage about EVE: you cannot not role play.

Tapapapapatalk

Tailn
June 24 2013, 09:33:19 AM
At work when I read that news letter so the massive Squeeee! was repressed and kept on the inside (and lasted a good 5 mins), all they can do now is is fluff it with incompetent design or get cut from their funding / be derailed by management / external design choices.
Having PS2 and firefall show that open world fps's are workable is great, both however have had pretty big budgets anyone got any hints here as to what behaviour interactive may be looking at, also I guess we have a loong wait ahead.

Me
June 24 2013, 02:30:41 PM
Hope they do 3rd person view like in the space marine game (or at least the option for it), FPS view melee is terrible. The best bit about the space marine game was chopping up shit with the chain sword, massive multiplayer that would be awesome. Imagine all those hordes of orks running at you with knives being played by real people, wading out into a sea of them and chopping them up one by one.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/deathwatch/Blood-Angel-By-Lord-Dante's-Command_2B_Bradbury.png

Calbanite
June 24 2013, 02:52:27 PM
I'm a little disappointed that we won't have Nids as a playable race. They could atleast give us the option to play as one of the "sentient" types aka sneaky shit with a Lictor. How about getting a group of friends together and doing some Broodlord/Genestealer shenanigans?

Could you imagine commanding the entire Tyranid AI force while being a Swarmlord?

Nicholai Pestot
June 24 2013, 05:57:34 PM
I'm a little disappointed that we won't have Nids as a playable race. They could atleast give us the option to play as one of the "sentient" types aka sneaky shit with a Lictor. How about getting a group of friends together and doing some Broodlord/Genestealer shenanigans?

Could you imagine commanding the entire Tyranid AI force while being a Swarmlord?

No. Nids are just too alien and too different. It makes sense from a development point of view to go the route they have.

A big part of good development is about picking a realistic scope and sticking to it. Hopefully they will ignore anyone saying what you are saying ;)

Iloni Atoriandra
June 24 2013, 06:19:49 PM
/yell 29 Lictor LFG PvP

Kilabi
June 24 2013, 06:39:33 PM
Also nids make the perfect NPC enemies for everyone. You can just use them to have neutral opponents attacking everyone everywhere because "insert background here". Keeping one of those factions around is also a good idea imho.

Lief Siddhe
June 25 2013, 05:35:36 PM
Oi, feck off wit' da bug rolezplayin', Orkz iz da best!

Calbanite
June 25 2013, 06:46:38 PM
Purple orkz iz da sneakiest

definatelynotKKassandra
June 25 2013, 06:47:50 PM
I bet you'll have to pay $$$ for red paint though

Kilabi
June 25 2013, 07:19:23 PM
But would get your moneys worth back faster that way.

pratell
June 26 2013, 04:36:37 AM
I bet you'll have to pay $$$ for red paint though

who cares mate i got plenty of teef

DerWish
August 12 2013, 04:03:51 PM
Soooo.... updates!

Link: http://www.eternalcrusade.com/#
Release date: End of 2015

Playable races: Space Marine, Elda, Chaos Space Marine, Ork
For every race 4 different Chapter, Craftworld, Legion, Clan.

Only Space Marine is fixed for sure: Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Space Wolfs, Dark Angels.
In the Phase 3 vids you can glance Black Legion and Alpha models for Chaos and the poster shows World Eaters.
Rumor is Orks are Free-to-play, all others are subscription based.

It's gonna be a TPS game, no FPS, similar to the Space Marine game... at least that's what it looks like so far.

Nobody_Holme
August 12 2013, 05:38:47 PM
Website states its third-person, in fact, and in the video I saw a DA fighting a World Eater (I think).

Also, "We have almost all the armies at 2000 points or more" emphasis mine. No sisters, then, i'm guessing, and probably no deldar because :family game: etc.

cullnean
August 12 2013, 08:02:06 PM
Fhc orcs are go......in 24 months

win Tapatalk

Zeppelin
August 12 2013, 10:37:18 PM
World Eaters \o/

ry ry
August 12 2013, 11:41:50 PM
I will play the shit out of this, and never admit to it in public.

phone post.

Muffinsrevenger
August 13 2013, 12:05:39 AM
and never admit to it in public.

This from the man who just declared that "there is nothing wrong with liking some cock" with his wife sitting behind him... priorities i suppose...

Also, +1 ork

Nobody_Holme
August 13 2013, 12:40:38 AM
and never admit to it in public.

This from the man who just declared that "there is nothing wrong with liking some cock" with his wife sitting behind him... priorities i suppose...

Also, +1 ork

Theres embarrassing things, and then theres EMBARRASING things.

Also, +1 waaaaAAAAAAAAGH!

Me
August 13 2013, 02:30:10 AM
Hope they are still making the orks weak individually but strong in numbers so we can wash over things in a green tide and fuck up all the pay to win Ultramarine nerds.

Nicholai Pestot
August 13 2013, 08:07:11 PM
Hope they are still making the orks weak individually but strong in numbers so we can wash over things in a green tide and fuck up all the pay to win Ultramarine nerds.

I'll have you know I plan to be a pay to win ork nerd.

Kilabi
August 13 2013, 08:14:33 PM
I will P2Ork also.

Torashuu
August 13 2013, 08:22:21 PM
P2Ork, what happens when Gork & Mork (w)ork together.

ry ry
August 13 2013, 09:39:31 PM
I want to be a chaos marine.

Irl.

phone post.

definatelynotKKassandra
August 13 2013, 09:44:51 PM
I want to be a chaos marine.

Irl.

phone post.

The whole 'mutating into a gibbering monstrosity' bit isn't as much fun as it sounds.

Torashuu
August 13 2013, 09:46:21 PM
tbh the entire universe isn't as much fun as it sounds, unless you embrace the inevitibilities.

Isyel
August 13 2013, 09:48:25 PM
eldar, and proceed to kick your smelly fungal asses :P

definatelynotKKassandra
August 13 2013, 09:48:38 PM
Most of the orks seem to be having a good time

Varcaus
August 13 2013, 10:08:38 PM

Dis

Iloni Atoriandra
August 13 2013, 10:43:04 PM
I think Ill go Marines for Blood Angels and Chaos if they do Death Guard and Emps Children.

Torashuu
August 13 2013, 10:59:19 PM
Hence P2Orks.

Kilabi
August 16 2013, 05:50:35 PM
http://www.talkwargaming.com/2013/08/warhammer-40000-space-wolf-upcoming.html

Android game coming up apparently. They really sold as many rights as they could at once by the looks of it.

After this torrent of horrible games the IP will be a bit cheaper and they hold it back until it recovers and they let the bubble burst once more. Calling it now.

Iloni Atoriandra
August 18 2013, 09:46:46 PM
Really cant decide what to do with the new Space Marines codex, I could use my BA as them or use my 30k Horus Heresy army as a codex SM army but then dunno which chapter to do them as.

Nobody_Holme
August 19 2013, 04:36:12 PM
Really cant decide what to do with the new Space Marines codex, I could use my BA as them or use my 30k Horus Heresy army as a codex SM army but then dunno which chapter to do them as.

I'd use the BA as them for now, their codex is a way off yet.

Iloni Atoriandra
August 20 2013, 01:14:32 PM
Oops wrong 40k thread thought it was the other one FML.

Nobody_Holme
August 20 2013, 05:56:13 PM
Oops wrong 40k thread thought it was the other one FML.

I didnt even notice...

Nu11u5
January 27 2014, 01:31:43 PM
Eternal Crusade early alpha footage.

It looks like they got the animations everything from THQ/Relic for Space Marine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9H7LEecCB0

Iloni Atoriandra
January 27 2014, 03:10:46 PM
I liked Space Marine so this is ok.

Zeppelin
January 27 2014, 03:48:25 PM

Nu11u5
January 27 2014, 04:00:24 PM

Space Marine wasn't perfect, but I don't know anyone who didn't like it.

http://youtu.be/B9H7LEecCB0?t=6m32s

I don't remember crouching in that game, though. In fact, I remember a distinct lack of a cover system.

Varcaus
January 27 2014, 04:02:36 PM

I don't remember crouching in that game, though. In fact, I remember a distinct lack of a cover system.

Cover is for cowards.

cullnean
January 27 2014, 04:09:40 PM
I liked Space Marine so this is ok.Space Marine wasn't perfect, but I don't know anyone who didn't like it.http://youtu.be/B9H7LEecCB0?t=6m32sI don't remember crouching in that game, though. In fact, I remember a distinct lack of a cover system.Cover is for HERITICS.fyp

Surveyor
January 27 2014, 04:36:42 PM

Cover is for cowards.

The Emperor protects!

Nicholai Pestot
January 27 2014, 06:25:41 PM
Space Marine multi-player was fun for about a week, as it was inherently limited in scope.

If this is indicative of actual final gameplay (small arena fights) then this is going to be a shit MMO.

I hope most of that was just "we don't have the big scale stuff done yet"

Iloni Atoriandra
January 27 2014, 06:56:50 PM
Why take 3/4+ cover when you are in 3+ armour?

I think its supposed to be a lot bigger as its taking place on a whole planet and the lead level designer (who plays Dark Heresy rpg on YouTube with TotalBiscuit) has said that they are looking at big scale combat and vehicles etc.

Hayes DuSid
January 27 2014, 07:46:14 PM
Why take 3/4+ cover when you are in 3+ armour?

I think its supposed to be a lot bigger as its taking place on a whole planet and the lead level designer (who plays Dark Heresy rpg on YouTube with TotalBiscuit) has said that they are looking at big scale combat and vehicles etc.

Because every army came with AP 3/2/1 options quite regularly in early to mid 5th ed. There's been some AP nerfing to give marine armour its old punch back.

Tailn
March 4 2014, 05:01:10 PM
Behaviour Interactive making Eternal Crusade are also the same behaviour interactive who are one of the subcontracted studios doing work for star citizen. Does this change my view on things, I am not sure if it is good for 40k MMO or Bad for Starcitizen?

XenosisReaper
March 4 2014, 06:51:21 PM
might be good

Torashuu
March 4 2014, 07:36:54 PM
in before Hayes' idris gets taken over by chaos incursion in warp.

Lief Siddhe
March 4 2014, 07:56:13 PM
I just came.

Tailn
March 4 2014, 08:49:53 PM
in before Hayes' idris gets taken over by chaos incursion in warp.

Lol Behaviour Interactive calls CR, umm yea sorry we sent you the wrong code drop you may have a hard time clearing those Tyranids out of all the places they get them selves in, but the Armageddon-class Battlecruiser looks great in cry engine.

Calbanite
March 5 2014, 12:36:31 PM
So Warhammer 40k: Dark Millennium got scrapped and this is as close as we are going to get?

WHERE'S MY WARHOUND TITAN STOMPING ON ORKS GOD DAMMIT EMPEROR DAMN IT

Tailn
March 5 2014, 01:31:29 PM
So Warhammer 40k: Dark Millennium got scrapped and this is as close as we are going to get?

WHERE'S MY WARHOUND TITAN STOMPING ON ORKS GOD DAMMIT EMPEROR DAMN IT

They have to save something for an expansion...

They only 2 issues i have with this are firstly it is a third person console shooter, secondly it is being made by a company that has no prior experience in MMO's or FPS games. Other than that the are pressing the right buttons.

Calbanite
March 5 2014, 02:15:26 PM
I'll say it now.

Epically Fuck Huge Grimdark 40k battles are (near) impossible to capture in a shooter setting. They will have to combine RTS, RPG, Sandbox, etc elements to get anywhere close to what I (and probably what WE want). This arena style shit isn't going to cut it.

Space Marines vs Chaos Space Marines? How fucking generic can you get? Hurr I mashed the B button faster than you did so I performed a long scripted Sync kill with my Chainsword. Inb4 obligatory "Its PreAlpha you can't complain about anything".

Pure focus on combat is perfectly fine and something I actually look forward to, but it needs to have some "weight" behind it, if you will. 6-12 MEQ's dying/respawning while fighting over "insert instanced Map name here" is not 40k. That "could" work but the effort/talent required to make it satisfying and "BALLS TO THE WALL EPIC" is way above most developers.

In reference to Dark Millennium: hopefully they are thinking about a similar system where the unwashed masses start as Orks/IG and can choose to "upgrade" to Nobs/Karskin/Marines/etc. They will definitely need some sort of world map or galaxy map to fight over. Players need access to huge fights between giant groups of cannon fodder with the elites mixed in.

DING! How about something similar to Titanfall where players get to play as their favorite OP 40k entity and facestomp hordes of rather dumb AI (Ork Boyz, IG, Gaunts) while dealing with the opposing forces player controlled OP entities?

Edit: Aw shit what about the ability for organized groups (erm Chapters or Clans?) to literally list build similar to tabletop and go to war against another group of organized opponents? You would still have the AI fighting taking place... for instance a regular AI ork boy would be [1] point but a player Nob would be worth [30]. Respawning would work well with this I think. Map size could be scaled for point totals in this "Total War" mode or appropriately 40k name.

Gotta go to campus for a second. I will return shortly and nerd the fuck out on this idea.

Tailn
June 12 2014, 10:32:08 AM
Eternal crusade founders pack is going to be available on the 25th of June, I will link a copy of the email when I get home. They seem to have been watching and learning from starcitizen they state in the email that through out the course of the alpha and beta process there will be options to alter your founders pack with additional items being made available as the work on the game progresses.

Polygon have some more details here (http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/6/10/5798502/warhammer-40k-eternal-crusade-ps4-xbox-one-pc)

Fans of the Warhammer franchise can start marking their calendars for the launch of the Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade founders pack, as well as the start of weekend gaming sessions and eventually full early access, Behaviour Interactive's Miguel Cuaron told Polygon today.

The Founders Pack, which gives players access to the full game at launch along with other rewards, launches June 25, said Cuaron. Later, gamers will have the chance to play the game themselves in weekend access sessions scheduled to begin this fall. Then, come January 2015, the game will become available for full early access.

Behaviour Interactive is adopting a buy-to-play system for its massive multiplayer combat game, which will be similar to the system currently set in place for Guild Wars 2. Those who purchase Eternal Crusade for $40 will also receive 40,000 points in-game, which can be used in the Rogue Trader store.

The game will be fully free-to-play for those who take on the role of Orks, Cuaron added. The development team decided to offer this free option in order to balance out the number of players across the available factions following a poll that ran on the game's current website confirming 40.7 percent of players would take on the role of Space Marine. According to Cuaron, the free-to-play gamers play games in a style that is also similar to Orks in the Warhammer lore in terms of how they grief other users.

Eternal Crusade offers four factions which include the savage Orks and Space Marines, alongside mysterious Eldar and foul chaos Space Marines. Each faction offers different combat styles, as well as changes to the overall user interface. The main factor tying each together is twitch-style gameplay. Players can block, kick, roll, jump back, and impale enemy players on their chainswords.

In this sense, the game is entirely skill-based. Likewise, it's largely PvP-focused, while underground instanced PvE is also available. Behaviour Interactive is enlisting the help of the tech used by "MuchDifferent" a Swedish company that broke the world record for most players in a shooter in the same battle, as the basis of its single-server world. In Eternal Crusade, gamers have an open world the size of a planet, featuring numerous continents that are roughly 300 to 400km in size each. According to Cuaron, this means it would take players almost an hour to cross a single continent if they ran in a straight line.

The game will also have a narrative underlying its battles, which is currently being written by New York Times best seller Graham McNeill, known best for his work writing Warhammer novelisations.

The official Eternal Crusade will see a simultaneous unveil alongside the Founder's Pack on June 25.

With a buy to play model as well as item store I wonder if they are still going to be supporting the FTP ORK only version as well?
~edit~ if I read my own linked articles I may not look like such an idiot.

Also it seems they have big plans 400sq km maps, along with all the big talk from the stuff released last year I am seriously hoping they can carry it off, if they do I think they are in with a chance of doing something pretty special in the 3rd person MMO world.

Sponk
June 12 2014, 11:02:57 AM
the continents are 300km in size, doesn't mean the map can't be smaller *cough*bridges*cough*

Tailn
June 12 2014, 11:13:00 AM
the continents are 300km in size, doesn't mean the map can't be smaller *cough*bridges*cough*

Ahh so cynical :D don't forget that there is usually water around continents does this include that say 2.5km out (thats already almost 1/2 of the total area)

400sq. km is the same size as ARMA 3's Altis..

QuackBot
June 12 2014, 12:00:26 PM
Ahh so cynical :D don't forget that there is usually water around continents does this include that say 2.5km out (thats already almost 1/2 of the total area)

400sq. km is the same size as ARMA 3's Altis..
Ahh, i thought they were like 20 each. I guess i would have to be a total scam, all the others are fucking bad.

Tailn
June 12 2014, 03:21:22 PM
Eternal crusade founders pack is going to be available on the 25th of June, I will link a copy of the email when I get home. They seem to have been watching and learning from starcitizen they state in the email that through out the course of the alpha and beta process there will be options to alter your founders pack with additional items being made available as the work on the game progresses.

Polygon have some more details here (http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/6/10/5798502/warhammer-40k-eternal-crusade-ps4-xbox-one-pc)

Fans of the Warhammer franchise can start marking their calendars for the launch of the Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade founders pack, as well as the start of weekend gaming sessions and eventually full early access, Behaviour Interactive's Miguel Cuaron told Polygon today.

The Founders Pack, which gives players access to the full game at launch along with other rewards, launches June 25, said Cuaron. Later, gamers will have the chance to play the game themselves in weekend access sessions scheduled to begin this fall. Then, come January 2015, the game will become available for full early access.

Behaviour Interactive is adopting a buy-to-play system for its massive multiplayer combat game, which will be similar to the system currently set in place for Guild Wars 2. Those who purchase Eternal Crusade for $40 will also receive 40,000 points in-game, which can be used in the Rogue Trader store.

The game will be fully free-to-play for those who take on the role of Orks, Cuaron added. The development team decided to offer this free option in order to balance out the number of players across the available factions following a poll that ran on the game's current website confirming 40.7 percent of players would take on the role of Space Marine. According to Cuaron, the free-to-play gamers play games in a style that is also similar to Orks in the Warhammer lore in terms of how they grief other users.

Eternal Crusade offers four factions which include the savage Orks and Space Marines, alongside mysterious Eldar and foul chaos Space Marines. Each faction offers different combat styles, as well as changes to the overall user interface. The main factor tying each together is twitch-style gameplay. Players can block, kick, roll, jump back, and impale enemy players on their chainswords.

In this sense, the game is entirely skill-based. Likewise, it's largely PvP-focused, while underground instanced PvE is also available. Behaviour Interactive is enlisting the help of the tech used by "MuchDifferent" a Swedish company that broke the world record for most players in a shooter in the same battle, as the basis of its single-server world. In Eternal Crusade, gamers have an open world the size of a planet, featuring numerous continents that are roughly 300 to 400km in size each. According to Cuaron, this means it would take players almost an hour to cross a single continent if they ran in a straight line.

The game will also have a narrative underlying its battles, which is currently being written by New York Times best seller Graham McNeill, known best for his work writing Warhammer novelisations.

The official Eternal Crusade will see a simultaneous unveil alongside the Founder's Pack on June 25.

With a buy to play model as well as item store I wonder if they are still going to be supporting the FTP ORK only version as well?
~edit~ if I read my own linked articles I may not look like such an idiot.

Also it seems they have big plans 400sq km maps, along with all the big talk from the stuff released last year I am seriously hoping they can carry it off, if they do I think they are in with a chance of doing something pretty special in the 3rd person MMO world.

Even more taken out of Star Citizens development process MMORPG E3 interview notes (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/954/feature/8589/Warhammer-40000-Eternal-Crusade-Free-to-Be-Cool.html), they are even trying out the modular release process that SC is doing with the hanger module / AC etc.

The eighteen-ish months between Founder Program release and Game release will represent the eighteen-month long trip that the players are making to the planest Arkhona, onboard the ships of their factional strikeforce. During this time, as game modules are developed, the Founders will be used to test the modules, which will be presented as various parts of the spacecraft. As a Founder, you will see practice cages and firing ranges, Sensoriums and personal quarters, Planning rooms and vocational shrines, all using the various modules of the game, and presented as a sort of back-story that will explain exactly what is happening on Arkhona, and why everyone wants to get there and fight for planetary control. I am very excited about the potential for getting players invested in the game right from the get-go.

Direct link to the newsletter announcing founders packages.
Here (http://legacy.eternalcrusade.com/newsletter/prepareforwarpspace)

Crusaders,

The time has come to muster our forces and prepare for the Eternal Crusade. Preparations commence June 25th, 2014, as we begin the launch count-down for the FIRST Warhammer 40,000 Massive Combat RPG.

Help us chart our course through the perilous warp by joining the founders program. Build your own Package and change it as many times as you want. Join us in ALPHA and closed BETA to help us make the game YOU want.

Founders will have access to Early Game Modules, including a Shooting Range inside your Squad Strike Cruiser as you travel through warpspace towards the planet of Arkhona, in the Sectorum Obscurus.

The Launch of the Founder's Program is ONLY the tip of the iceberg. Expect new amazing items in the store every month throughout the duration of the development of Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade.

Whoever you fight for: Chaos, Eldar, Orks, or the Emperor himself—it matters not; the fate of the Galaxy hangs in the balance, and Arkhona seems to hold the key.

YOU will decide the fate of the Galaxy. Let your DEEDS be your WORDS.

Victory needs no Explanation; Defeats allows NONE.

WAR calls, Brother, Will you answer?

Miguel Caron
Studio Head – Behaviour Online
Warhammer 40, 000: Eternal Crusade
www.eternalcrusade.com

Varcaus
June 12 2014, 07:53:01 PM
40$ doesn't seem like to much.

Kilabi
June 12 2014, 08:04:07 PM
Buying, don´t care what it ends up.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

but

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.
A small mind is easily filled with faith.
The man who has nothing can still have faith.
Faith without deeds is worthless.
To Question is to doubt.

Tailn
June 12 2014, 08:14:25 PM

but

To Question is to doubt.

I just worry that it will end up being PS2 x NWN2.

But yep $40 will be heading their way.

cullnean
June 12 2014, 08:57:54 PM
If i pay can I play as a big nob with f2p orks as me boys?

Tailn
June 12 2014, 09:20:46 PM

Don't worry Cullnean you are already a big nob.

Sandzibar
June 12 2014, 09:59:35 PM
I like the "An empty mind is a loyal mind" tagline on their official site. Bodes well.

cullnean
June 12 2014, 10:08:47 PM

:) gfgf

biggest der iz

Tailn
June 12 2014, 10:22:47 PM

biggest der iz

I do hope so they are talking about being able to deploy Heros for an ingame resource points cost and that some heros are a founders only.

Identity – Enhance your character’s core identity with unique Founders-only squad emblems, Heroes, and background-related titles, biographies, and cosmetics

Guessing that for Orks some of these will be Nobz.

Dregek
June 12 2014, 10:32:28 PM
its a shame that gw has allowed its ip to become so distorted. where are the new relic wh40k games :cut:

Varcaus
June 12 2014, 11:06:47 PM
its a shame that gw has allowed its ip to become so distorted. where are the new relic wh40k games :cut:

In production.

Me
June 13 2014, 06:48:25 AM

Was thinking the same thing.

$40 and no sub sounds good. Don't have enough free time to justify paying a sub now days when I sometimes don't play things for a week at a time.

Approaching Walrus
June 13 2014, 02:14:29 PM

but

To Question is to doubt.

Without the hope there can be no Future.
We have purpose.

Nobody_Holme
June 16 2014, 05:15:59 PM
An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded.

(it'll be shit no Thx)

pratell
June 16 2014, 09:21:38 PM

biggest der iz
2 'eads is beddur dan wun

cullnean
June 17 2014, 07:55:08 AM
Red is fast

Tailn
June 17 2014, 11:22:06 AM
Question I have heard it said that the gameplay is going to be very influenced by Space Marine, can any one confirm this and if so was space marine combat and action any good.

Me
June 17 2014, 11:52:51 AM
Space Marine combat was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBbqpKeDn-4&feature=kp

Iloni Atoriandra
June 17 2014, 12:32:41 PM
Space Marine was awesome and the multi player was awesome while it lived.

Kilabi
June 17 2014, 12:36:11 PM
Console Server bullshit was horrible but similar combat with some changes to have vehicles and shit in the game and some open world stuff to fool around would make it nice good enough for me already.

Tailn
June 17 2014, 12:58:26 PM
It does look good and nice to hear actual play fared well, now to hope that my sources were right and that is what they are basing the gameplay on.

Dregek
June 17 2014, 12:59:46 PM
So tempted to buy the founders pack

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

cullnean
June 17 2014, 01:40:23 PM
So tempted to buy the founders pack

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Aye

Iloni Atoriandra
June 17 2014, 03:13:10 PM
Ill most likely be buying it.

cullnean
June 17 2014, 04:33:18 PM
40k nerds and our money are easily parted

Tailn
June 17 2014, 07:04:19 PM
The only question is top tier?

For the first year of MWO I massively regretted not getting the top founder pack they never came close to offering the value that provided even just with the ingame cash let alone the extras.

cullnean
June 17 2014, 07:06:10 PM
Where are the details for them

Tailn
June 17 2014, 07:14:00 PM
Where are the details for them

Was just hunting them down

We know the cost of the three tiers of the program, the lowest level is $40, and for that you get access to all four factions, four character slots, and 40000 Founders Points to spend in the Founders Shop. The next tier is $80, which includes everything in the lower tier, plus 44000 more points to spend, for a total of 84000 points, which is a tidy five percent bonus. The highest tier is $120, and that includes everything from the lower tiers, plus even more Founders points, a total of 132000, which is a very tempting ten percent bonus from the basic package. You can also buy extra points, for those who feel they must have everything, for $1 per 1000 points

MMORPG E3 interview (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/954/feature/8589/Warhammer-40000-Eternal-Crusade-Free-to-Be-Cool.html)