PDA

View Full Version : Calling primary...

TZeer
June 11 2011, 08:01:01 PM
Haven't done anything of this stuff, but looked at some of the screens posted.

All names are in Chinese. Any plans on how to call primaries apart from using the ingame system??

Guess it wont be much of a problem in small gangs. But how will you call points, jam, web etc on different persons in the same ship types?

Voulture
June 11 2011, 08:03:57 PM
Square-Tree-House-Lamp primary Man-Building-Scissors secondary.

Tellenta
June 11 2011, 08:04:31 PM

All names are in Chinese. Any plans on how to call primaries apart from using the ingame system??

Guess it wont be much of a problem in small gangs. But how will you call points, jam, web etc on different persons in the same ship types?

Broadcasts would be the easiest, tags would be the second easiest, visual interpretation would be the most entertaining, and actually learning Chinese would be the most unlikely.

Ravelin Eb
June 11 2011, 08:13:48 PM
Broadcast?

I thought Burn Eden were supposed to be good.

But heres one asking the questions of a week old player.

Poor.

Krugerrand
June 11 2011, 08:15:59 PM
Broadcasts
Tags (might be easier than broadcasts as you can tag like 9 ships and call targets 4,5,1 etc etc)
Sort by range
Sort by name
Shoot all squrlies

Haffrage
June 11 2011, 08:16:04 PM

Broadcasts would be the easiest, tags would be the second easiest, visual interpretation would be the most entertaining, and actually learning Chinese would be the most unlikely.
I personally will be taking a shot at learning pingyin, at the very least. Autopilot/gate names will be a constant refresher, even if boatviolence tosses up a patch for it I still won't install it.

TZeer
June 11 2011, 08:35:54 PM
Broadcast?

I thought Burn Eden were supposed to be good.

But heres one asking the questions of a week old player.

Poor.

LOL!!

We never use broadcast, and you should see us doing logistics :P

I`m thinking a little more about two-way communication. As I have little clue on what is possible when it comes to tags.

Haffrage
June 11 2011, 08:38:42 PM
also if I'm going to learn pinyin maybe I should start by learning how to spell it right :psyduck:

progodlegend
June 11 2011, 09:30:23 PM
with the new broadcast system, there is a time stamp on each broadcast down to the very second. We tested this, and with pilots from across the world the time stamp only varies by a second or two. So, as long as you aren't broadcasting a new target every two seconds, you can tell people the primary is a broadcast with the 52 second time stamp, secondary is the 56 second time stamp, etc. etc. (Example: Primary 52, seconday 56, tertiary 02). And people will know that as long as its a 1 or 2 second variant, that's the target you are referring to. And if you happen to be broadcasting a target every three seconds, then you are melting the enemy, and you can just tell people to go in order.

I know it sounds dumb, but its just an idea, seeing as I don't think you will ever be able to call ships by pilot name (Primary is triangle-squigly line , secondary is the one with that character that looks like a pound sign)

?????????????????? I c&p'ed that from the guy above, what do you even say that looks like, you got to go from the broadcast window, or teach everyone chinese.

Tellenta
June 11 2011, 09:53:30 PM
with the new broadcast system, there is a time stamp on each broadcast down to the very second. We tested this, and with pilots from across the world the time stamp only varies by a second or two. So, as long as you aren't broadcasting a new target every two seconds, you can tell people the primary is a broadcast with the 52 second time stamp, secondary is the 56 second time stamp, etc. etc. (Example: Primary 52, seconday 56, tertiary 02). And people will know that as long as its a 1 or 2 second variant, that's the target you are referring to. And if you happen to be broadcasting a target every three seconds, then you are melting the enemy, and you can just tell people to go in order.

I know it sounds dumb, but its just an idea, seeing as I don't think you will ever be able to call ships by pilot name (Primary is triangle-squigly line , secondary is the one with that character that looks like a pound sign)

?????????????????? I c&p'ed that from the guy above, what do you even say that looks like, you got to go from the broadcast window, or teach everyone chinese.

? - sleeping sombrero dude next to house with incomplete fence
? - star with a head and a hockey stick
? - fish on a tank on a fence
? - fat man walking in to a wall
? - chick watching a tv with a radial antenna
? - roof in a graveyard
? - cactus by the road
? - hangman ladder
? - two men one head running
? - loop wearing a hat
? - man wearing crown
? - flat lined
? - dude carrying a ladder

Airow
June 11 2011, 10:09:00 PM

? - raving homosexual on a tank on a fence
? - roof in a graveyard
? - cactus by the road
? - hangman ladder
? - loop wearing a hat
? - man wearing crown
? - flat lined

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fachiri
June 11 2011, 10:13:07 PM

? - raving homosexual on a tank on a fence
? - roof in a graveyard
? - cactus by the road
? - hangman ladder
? - loop wearing a hat
? - man wearing crown
? - flat lined

:companioncube:

EntroX
June 12 2011, 01:12:23 AM
broadcasts for starters and funny squiggly names over time i'd say.

thankfully for non-logi pilots you can just ignore all the broadcasts except the "attack" ones so we're good p. much

Reed Tiburon
June 12 2011, 05:12:03 AM
tag column ftw~