PDA

View Full Version : Character names?

Audrey Koshka
June 11 2011, 03:13:07 AM
Are people using their Tranquility character names? This sounds interesting, and I really like my character name, but wondering whether it is a bad idea for there to be a clear link between the two. We are technically hacking the client, so if we got banned on Serenity I wouldn't want to risk my account on Tranquility...

Leboe
June 11 2011, 03:14:43 AM
There is zero risk of actions on serenity effecting your account on tranquility. The accounts are under 2 different companies.

Calgus
June 11 2011, 03:47:06 AM
just dont choose a squiggly name, will be hard enough to differentiate whos who

monomaniar
June 12 2011, 12:09:46 PM
There is zero risk of actions on serenity effecting your account on tranquility. The accounts are under 2 different companies.

You are totally wrong.
In fact, the accounts are both under CPP. So ,be careful.

CDC who is the GM of CEVE just have the right to money earnings by paying agency fees to CPP, and CDC has no right to manage customer accounts. All the accounts are under CPP. All accounts operations including banned and other operations in CEVE were done by CDC in the permission of CPP in law.

This maybe confusing. But almost all the developers and agents are like this work. In tranquility CPP runs the game itself, so there is no agents, so the things are clear.

You can image this situation to understand this thing. When CPP want to change his agent from CDC to another , how can CPP do if CPP does not have the rights of accounts?? So the rights of accounts are always under the developers.

WOW in China has happened this things. The agent of WOW in China has been changed from 9C to Netease , then it make many Chinese player know this relationship of developers and agents.

monomaniar
June 12 2011, 12:19:24 PM
By the way, agent of CEVE is changed to CDC from the other angent in 2009, which had run CEVE in China from 2006.

Cue1*
June 12 2011, 01:10:17 PM

You are totally wrong.

CDC who is the GM of CEVE just have the right to money earnings by paying agency fees to CPP, and CDC has no right to manage customer accounts. All the accounts are under CPP. All accounts operations including banned and other operations in CEVE were done by CDC in the permission of CPP in law.

This maybe confusing. But almost all the developers and agents are like this work. In tranquility CPP runs the game itself, so there is no agents, so the things are clear.

You can image this situation to understand this thing. When CPP want to change his agent from CDC to another , how can CPP do if CPP does not have the rights of accounts?? So the rights of accounts are always under the developers.

WOW in China has happened this things. The agent of WOW in China has been changed from 9C to Netease , then it make many Chinese player know this relationship of developers and agents.

While true, what he was stating still holds true, actions in CEVE do not merit reprisals in EVE.

P.S. It's actually CCP, not CPP.

Ravelin Eb
June 12 2011, 01:18:27 PM
MY character name is Digger Nick, it is great to be able to play without reprimand.

monomaniar
June 12 2011, 01:23:00 PM

You are totally wrong.

While true, what he was stating still holds true, actions in CEVE do not merit reprisals in EVE.

P.S. It's actually CCP, not CPP.

ye...........my..

Hels
June 12 2011, 04:02:59 PM
I'm using my forum name and suggest that folks do the same. Makes it easy.

Ezra
June 12 2011, 04:09:24 PM
I tried, but mine was taken. So I'm ????? - Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Monkey

Catari Taga
June 12 2011, 05:45:59 PM
Character names seem to be limited to 10 characters though? Had to drop the space in mine to make it fit, wouldn't accept anything longer.

Airow
June 12 2011, 09:19:08 PM
http://www.onebit.us/images/eve20110612231805.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catari Taga
June 12 2011, 09:41:10 PM

:facepalm:

EntroX
June 13 2011, 01:28:34 AM

Synapse
June 13 2011, 01:40:59 AM
I tried, but mine was taken. So I'm ????? - Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Monkey

Melichor
June 13 2011, 03:29:18 AM

tbh I lol'ed IRL