PDA

View Full Version : I am terribad at this game thread

Pacefalm
June 12 2015, 07:42:26 AM
Just started playing this game. Had good success with the Marcolin (?) but now am having a really bad time with BF 109 E-1

Is it just a piece of shit or am I terrible? Playing realistic battle.
Most of the time I get high above everyone then try to strafe something but don't seem to do any damage. Then I get tailed by a spitfire and it's gg. :/

Torashuu
June 12 2015, 07:47:42 AM
The 20mm FF do not have great ballistics, if you are hitting but not doing anything you are only hitting with the machineguns. Try to get closer before you open fire. The 109 e is pretty close to the spit in turning and slightly better in the vertical iirc. If you start above him you should be able to stay above him. Dont try tk finish him in one pass, but bouncing him untill he lost his energy defending and kill him for the sitting duck he is.

Pacefalm
June 12 2015, 07:53:44 AM
The E-1 doesn't have 20mms though

QuackBot
June 12 2015, 08:00:21 AM
The E-1 doesn't have 20mms though
Who doesn't? I have a feeling tomorrow will also involve baked goods, though.

Torashuu
June 12 2015, 08:08:29 AM
Ah thats the one with 4 mgs, been too long since I played. Yeah you aren't going to get much done in a single pass then.

Pacefalm
June 12 2015, 09:40:26 AM
The 20mm FF do not have great ballistics, if you are hitting but not doing anything you are only hitting with the machineguns. Try to get closer before you open fire. The 109 e is pretty close to the spit in turning and slightly better in the vertical iirc. If you start above him you should be able to stay above him. Dont try tk finish him in one pass, but bouncing him untill he lost his energy defending and kill him for the sitting duck he is.

I'm trying it but I must be horrible. Even when starting above a spitfire he can just turn upwards and destroy me from below. When burning away from him at full I gain maybe 0.01km on him every other second :/ I have all modifications too

RazoR
June 12 2015, 09:45:50 AM
E-3 is a difficult machine because you always have to have alt advantage. One trick against early spits is to do a downward immelman because lol carburettors and shit roll.
F-4 will be easier.
G-2 is a beast however you play it unless you dogpile with Yaks or Spits below 3k.
Then it's down the drain again because stronger russians and allies. Unless you can surprise mk108 their asses you are ded.

That's for messers.

Torashuu
June 12 2015, 10:45:30 AM
If he can just point his nose up and kill your the energy differences isn't big enough. Probably he was a bit lower but higher airspeed while you are very slow, in essence on the same energy level. The difference is in acceleration, not in top speed or dive speed. So to create a gap you need him to slow down with you first, before you can accelerate away.

teds :D
June 13 2015, 07:37:43 PM
e1 is quite nice when the MM is playing ball, you get lots of biplanes and they really don't stand a chance vs you.

e3 has odd cannon, and not much ammo for them

shit gets gud at the f4, and the g2 is probably my favourite one to fly, it feels responsive and has enough cannon.

for the entire 109 line you a) fire very close (300m) and b) keep your energy. you do accel well, but if you let yourself get to a similar energy as a spitfire it probably isn't going to end well. i'd say 109s are actually harder to fly than 190s.

Pacefalm
June 14 2015, 01:59:50 AM
I managed to get the hang of it a little bit. Flew around a bit with a few of the other low tiers (FW 190 A-1 and the Bf 110 C-4) and had a bit more luck. I guess it's mostly down to playstyle difference compared to the biplanes.

RazoR
June 14 2015, 08:54:11 PM
Biplanes don't really have a style because they are all late overpowered models. Chaika is absolutely ridiculous - you just point and chop.

QuackBot
June 15 2015, 12:00:15 AM
I'm trying it but I must be horrible. Even when starting above a spitfire he can just turn upwards and destroy me from below. When burning away from him at full I gain maybe 0.01km on him every other second :/ I have all modifications too
Maybe they think there is some technical reason you need them to be full clients.

FatFreddy
June 21 2015, 11:36:32 PM
Ah thats the one with 4 mgs, been too long since I played. Yeah you aren't going to get much done in a single pass then.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT

5 mins later....

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT

>enemy plane is still flying

spitroast
June 22 2015, 06:46:12 AM
Grinding early German anything I found to be like pulling my own teeth out