PDA

View Full Version : Factions; indentured servitude for the greater good

Rakshasa The Cat
June 6 2015, 01:14:28 PM
So... what faction?

None of the official big ones had any attractive features in terms of RP, just a cog in the machine. The 'pirate' faction of Archon Delaine seemed like something every 14yo loser would join, so Pranava Antal's vision of Utopia it is.

Far down, independent, combat missions and social if you want.

Darkening
June 6 2015, 01:50:09 PM
Each faction has it's own special weapon from what i have seen but you have to with them for a month or so to get access to it.

Rakshasa The Cat
June 6 2015, 03:35:40 PM
Why care about the items... Rather fight for an interesting faction.

Corwyna
June 6 2015, 04:10:01 PM
Why care about the items... Rather fight for an interesting faction.

This.

Darkening
June 6 2015, 04:24:52 PM
I'm leaning towards Felicia Winters as that faction seems to be the one that's going to get hit the hardest at some point in the near future by the Fed Republican faction that seems to have killed off the last president.
Also has the Pulse Disrupter laser that causes random module malfunctions.

http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/37x36x/power_primer_the_who_is_who_of_13/

Rakshasa The Cat
June 6 2015, 04:36:00 PM
I'm leaning towards Felicia Winters as that faction seems to be the one that's going to get hit the hardest at some point in the near future by the Fed Republican faction that seems to have killed off the last president.
Also has the Pulse Disrupter laser that causes random module malfunctions.

I'd say the most interesting developments will happen down where the independents are; no clear borders and all with completely different philosophies.

The large empire factions seem more like 'support #EMPIRE's army... or logistics... or...'.

Darkening
June 6 2015, 08:06:19 PM
From the way the news feeds are pushing it, i think we might have a civil war in the fed.

Also just picked up a Diamondback scout and so far it seems fairly good upgrade from a viper.

Kerdrak
June 6 2015, 09:45:50 PM
From the way the news feeds are pushing it, i think we might have a civil war in the fed.

Also just picked up a Diamondback scout and so far it seems fairly good upgrade from a viper.

Do you need any standing to get that ship? because I'm looking to upgrade my viper too

Rakshasa The Cat
June 6 2015, 10:05:38 PM
This feels weird... just got interdicted while hauling dissentients between home world and such, the guy got upset because I didn't submit to a scan and instead tried to run away in my basic hauler.

The EVE bittervet in me did give a fuck how damaged and lost cargo I left behind, just as long as he didn't get the satisfaction of subjecting me. Culture Clash.

Darkening
June 6 2015, 10:38:00 PM

Do you need any standing to get that ship? because I'm looking to upgrade my viper too

Nope

Heres a list of the Systems that sells it so far.

LTT 7488 (Rubin Vision)
Leesti (George Lucas)
Ngaledi (Smith Enterprises)
LHS 262 (Boodt Port)
Beta-1 Tucanae (Adams Orbital)
Momus Reach (Tartarus Point)

Saul
June 7 2015, 01:36:00 PM
What's with the missions in Galnet? Are those the community goals, or new ones that require you to ally to the faction?

Darkening
June 8 2015, 12:22:39 AM
Joined the Sirius Corp

Corwyna
June 8 2015, 07:58:58 AM
What's with the missions in Galnet? Are those the community goals, or new ones that require you to ally to the faction?
Nope. At least not the one I'm at.

Sandzibar
June 9 2015, 11:27:41 AM
Joined the Sirius Corp

Do they have a cybernetics division?

share and enjoy.

Rodj Blake
June 9 2015, 12:29:09 PM
I've somewhat predictably signed on with Jamyl Sarum Arissa Lavigny-Duval.

Rodj Blake
June 9 2015, 12:39:34 PM

From the way the news feeds are pushing it, someone at Frontier is a big Babylon 5 fan.

Darkening
June 9 2015, 04:19:22 PM
Joined the Sirius Corp

Do they have a cybernetics division?

share and enjoy.

Not sure but they do have 15% discount on all the mods and it seems the ships atm

morpheps
June 10 2015, 05:10:15 PM
Just so you dont join the marketing division and bring out ships with "people personalities"..

Rakshasa The Cat
June 10 2015, 08:36:35 PM
So for the past few days on reddit I've been teaching Simguru Antel followers about rivers and ants.

It seems some have internalized my message.

Corwyna
June 10 2015, 10:35:00 PM
So for the past few days on reddit I've been teaching Simguru Antel followers about rivers and ants.

It seems some have internalized my message.

I would like to say I know what you are talking about, but I don't. Enlighten me?

Rakshasa The Cat
June 11 2015, 08:47:45 AM
I would like to say I know what you are talking about, but I don't. Enlighten me?

It is a tale of HIP 116213 and Sokn, two system being prepared for a faction that can only afford one.

The former is close to HQ and easy to fly to, the other is far away with a station 82K Ls from system entry. Sokn was made the 'official' goal, yet every day HIP 116213 pulled ahead, must anguish was had. Why do people keep working on the 'wrong' system?!?

Ants and rivers was my answer.

Tactics were changed, what to do better next cycle was found.

Darkening
June 11 2015, 08:11:30 PM
My faction was hitting on Pepper pretty hard then the Fed players went in to solo mode to bypass the blockade and basically flipped it :(

We were beating them in the pvp side of it and taking there cargoes too.

Tyrehl
June 23 2015, 08:00:55 AM
I was looking through the faction and Sirius looks cool. What are the bonuses except the ones listed under the Pledge tab? Someone mentioned cheaper ships/modules, did I get this right?

And how's the PvP? Which faction are they against? I would like to go to their systems and pvp the carebears a bit :D

Darkening
June 23 2015, 10:04:29 PM
I was looking through the faction and Sirius looks cool. What are the bonuses except the ones listed under the Pledge tab? Someone mentioned cheaper ships/modules, did I get this right?

And how's the PvP? Which faction are they against? I would like to go to their systems and pvp the carebears a bit :D

15% on fittings and ships i think unless they fixed it. (don't need to be in faction just in there space.)
There is a 10% on the price of the jumpdrives if your doing the mission.

Rakshasa The Cat
June 24 2015, 12:42:39 PM
You don't need to be part of the faction to go shopping for cheaper ships / modules. ;)

Sp4m
June 24 2015, 04:04:14 PM
I think I'm going federation as I like the look of the dropship and I want a federation corvette when they come out.

Torashuu
June 24 2015, 07:41:32 PM
Dropship:
https://drawception.com/pub/panels/2012/6-10/LS5AhRdAp1-10.png
The guy flying one:"
http://www.sharewallpapers.org/d/25799-1/Johnny+Knoxville+002.jpg

Sp4m
June 25 2015, 10:50:55 AM
Dropship:

I've heard them called "Driftship"

therefore I want one.

Plus I want one.

Torashuu
June 25 2015, 12:26:47 PM
Yes, so did I, then I sold it, because it turned out I didn't want one after all, I was just imagining I wanted one. Its funny until your run into the first hostile NPC, then it stops being funny.

Sp4m
June 25 2015, 12:45:54 PM
Yes, so did I, then I sold it, because it turned out I didn't want one after all, I was just imagining I wanted one. Its funny until your run into the first hostile NPC, then it stops being funny.

What did you find was wrong with it?

Torashuu
June 25 2015, 01:14:53 PM
Everything but the looks. Yes it drifts and that is fun, but it mainly means you are slow & cannot respond to more maneuverable targets. Your shield is abysmal (significantly less than a Vulture), especially considering you will not dodge any fire whatsoever so your eating up your shield cell supply like cookie monster eats cookies. The armor seems great but you'll be both paying through to nose & losing systems if you decide to use it as "tank", not to mention of all ships in game this one has the most exposed power plant of all, bypassing any (additional) armor you might have. Its internals don't allow for stellar cargo capacity either. Jump range is middling. The only way to fight in one is the boost off in one direction, flip over & face tank whatever is pursuing hoping you'll somehow outlast it (fat chance!).

So it can't haul, it can't maneuver, can't take a hit and shoots adequate. Its fun to fly around an empty asteroid belt to feel the inertia, or if you like (prequel) Star Warsy engine sounds.
If you still think you want one, wait until you can dick around in one in the test client. If you'll want to splash out on one even after that then by all means.

Sp4m
June 25 2015, 01:28:42 PM
Everything but the looks. Yes it drifts and that is fun, but it mainly means you are slow & cannot respond to more maneuverable targets. Your shield is abysmal (significantly less than a Vulture), especially considering you will not dodge any fire whatsoever so your eating up your shield cell supply like cookie monster eats cookies. The armor seems great but you'll be both paying through to nose & losing systems if you decide to use it as "tank", not to mention of all ships in game this one has the most exposed power plant of all, bypassing any (additional) armor you might have. Its internals don't allow for stellar cargo capacity either. Jump range is middling. The only way to fight in one is the boost off in one direction, flip over & face tank whatever is pursuing hoping you'll somehow outlast it (fat chance!).

So it can't haul, it can't maneuver, can't take a hit and shoots adequate. Its fun to fly around an empty asteroid belt to feel the inertia, or if you like (prequel) Star Warsy engine sounds.
If you still think you want one, wait until you can dick around in one in the test client. If you'll want to splash out on one even after that then by all means.

Are turreted weapons an option?

Is there nothing that can be done to the shield via boosters/extenders ect?

Have you tried fitting armour bulkheads? I understand this doesn't remove the problem with the power core.

Torashuu
June 25 2015, 03:20:19 PM
You can use your 4 utility slots for boosters but it doesn't trade very favorable, because the shields are so tiny to begin with the boosters won't be adding a lot. Fitting bulkheads works to some extent, but as you lose hull, your systems will degrade anyway, and it only works against NPCs, and it generally is not worth the money. Because you also will need to keep ship integrity up, when it is fully eroded you lose about 30% hp on total hull. All in all armor tanking is financially very much not viable.

For reference: Max shields with 4 A boosters on the Dropship are 423MJ, Vulture with just A rated shields is 391MJ

Turreted weapons lose too much accuracy at range so the damage falloff hits you very hard, both the range drop-off inherent to all weapons combined with the accuracy loss. Though admittedly I haven't tried turrets since 1.3 hit so possibly they might be a decent choice.

Sp4m
June 25 2015, 03:43:22 PM
You can use your 4 utility slots for boosters but it doesn't trade very favorable, because the shields are so tiny to begin with the boosters won't be adding a lot. Fitting bulkheads works to some extent, but as you lose hull, your systems will degrade anyway, and it only works against NPCs, and it generally is not worth the money. Because you also will need to keep ship integrity up, when it is fully eroded you lose about 30% hp on total hull. All in all armor tanking is financially very much not viable.

For reference: Max shields with 4 A boosters on the Dropship are 423MJ, Vulture with just A rated shields is 391MJ

Turreted weapons lose too much accuracy at range so the damage falloff hits you very hard, both the range drop-off inherent to all weapons combined with the accuracy loss. Though admittedly I haven't tried turrets since 1.3 hit so possibly they might be a decent choice.

Is a jump from Vulture to Fer De Lance okay?

Dropship seems a bit poor.

Torashuu
June 25 2015, 07:31:44 PM
Needs a bit more money but its a decent jump. Personally I also much enjoyed the Imperial Clipper in between. In the end I sold my anaconda to get the FdL back, so that might show my personal bias.
In general though at that point its a bit of a personal taste between the clipper, FdL and Python. Python is overall the better ship I think but also quite expensive to fully kit out. The FdL you can already get a good fit for around 75 million. Where the Python tops out just under 300, though it is viable from 100ish up. The clipper is about the same price to run as the FdL, probably cheaper. Clipper also gets a bit of the drift of the dropship with a whole lot more speed, more shields (still flimsy though compared to FdL or Python) and plenty of firepower, though you are kinda limited to atleast some gimballed weaponry. Clipper also has space for cargo if you want it and decent enough jump range. Only lands of large pads though so no landing on outposts.

FdL is a pure combat ship, and really doesn't do anything else. Very tight on grid, and really pushes the piloting skills to get most out of it. Python is much more general, oodles of grid to play with and plenty of both firepower and shields. FdL is much better at staying on top of prey, and is mainly a large ship killer. Python will blast and facetank everything the all same.

So end result: Python is a sure bet. FdL is very good, if limited, with a high skill ceiling (imo), Imperial Clipper is a nice step in between. But the Vulture remains the best value for money in a combat ship you will see in Elite (so far).

Tyrehl
June 25 2015, 07:41:50 PM
What would be a good choice for pirating? Except for the venerable cobra ofc. I really dislike the ship (maybe spent too much time in it), but it seems to have everything you need - speed, cargo space and adequate weaponry. Isnt there anything that kinda comes close to it? More expensive hull wont be such an issue.

Torashuu
June 25 2015, 08:04:54 PM
Python without a doubt. Shoot out shields & engines if they don't stop/dump cargo quick enough, maximum burst is why you have the heatsinks as well. Could trade the wake scanner for some shield booster.

Something like this:
[Python]
L: 3D/F Burst Laser
M: 2B/F Rail Gun
M: 2B/F Rail Gun
U: 0E Cargo Scanner
U: 0E Frame Shift Wake Scanner
U: 0I Heat Sink Launcher
U: 0I Heat Sink Launcher

BH: 1I Lightweight Alloy
RB: 7A Power Plant
TM: 6A Thrusters
FH: 5A Frame Shift Drive
EC: 4D Life Support
PC: 7A Power Distributor
SS: 6D Sensors
FS: 5C Fuel Tank (Capacity: 32)

6: 6A Shield Generator
6: 6A Shield Cell Bank
6: 6A Shield Cell Bank
5: 5E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 32)
5: 5E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 32)
4: 4E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 16)
3: 3A Fuel Scoop
3: 3A Frame Shift Drive Interdictor
2: 1C Advanced Discovery Scanner
---
Shield: 403.48 MJ
Power : 21.32 MW retracted (71%)
29.96 MW deployed (100%)
30.00 MW available
Cargo : 80 T
Fuel : 32 T
Mass : 714.2 T empty
826.2 T full
Range : 16.51 LY unladen
14.91 LY laden
Price : 172,562,176 CR
Re-Buy: 8,628,109 CR @ 95% insurance

Tyrehl
June 25 2015, 09:29:41 PM
At this price tag this will have to wait a couple of months :/ cobra it is then and maybe a vulture pure combat "fuck cargo ill blow you up" pirating

Torashuu
June 26 2015, 12:06:27 AM
Well, you did say price wasnt an issue. A clipper does pirating reasonbly well as well. Sitting nicely in between the python and cobra price wise. You could do a dropship but thats a very very special brand of masochism.

Tyrehl
June 26 2015, 12:14:41 AM
Well, you did say price wasnt an issue. A clipper does pirating reasonbly well as well. Sitting nicely in between the python and cobra price wise. You could do a dropship but thats a very very special brand of masochism.

I just farmed the rank for the clipper, money will be easier to get in this case. And I love how it looks :D thanks! Will start with cobra tho, im rusty :S