PDA

View Full Version : Sim battles or am I the only one playing this?

Baarhyn
February 3 2015, 08:51:02 AM
played a good 4 games today, and got one solid kill + one assist that didn't register (he crashed trying to land after I shot one of his gears leg off)

The kill I got was in an event where I ended up being 1v8 (Being bad a spotting + neurotically climbing as high as possible keeps me alive pretty late in games lol) I ended up spotting an IL-2 straffing ground target and pepper him a couple of times with my f4 until his friends came in. I spotted a yak coming in first roughly head to head, so I faked going vertical and when he went for it I made a cowardly Sir Robin of myself and ran for base.

A dude that was spectating me told me I had 3 behind me, and 2 more at the base, I had seen the 2 extra dudes behind me but the event I was playing in has limited availability and the f4 is basically the fastest plane around, so I was pretty confident they wouldn't catch up. I eventually got back to the airfield and luckily there was a low cloud just behind it, so we fucked around in there for something like 5 minutes. Eventually I spotted p-40 that was running away, got behind him and noticed I had like 2 minutes of fuel left... so I closed the gap and pulled the trigger from about 6-700m away and his left wing tip flew off.

Success!

Now on 45 seconds of fuel or so, I turned back, and made a pretty poor landing on a dead engine, I was repairing but then the game gave me a finger and ended aniway.

This game type is hard m8trs.

Lief Siddhe
February 3 2015, 09:33:44 AM
no joystick, no trackIR, no point crew checking in

Keeves
February 3 2015, 04:47:12 PM
I know there is a heavy hate on for arcade, but I can't be assed spending 10-15 minutes flying across the map in RB/SB to get one or two kills tops or (and most likely) getting one shot by the first fella I come across.

teds :D
February 3 2015, 04:57:13 PM
I know there is a heavy hate on for arcade, but I can't be assed spending 10-15 minutes flying across the map in RB/SB to get one or two kills tops or (and most likely) getting one shot by the first fella I come across.

the kills are much much much more rewarding. and norway/spain aside there's generally action within the first 5mins. play events if you want quicker RB though

Ophichius
February 3 2015, 05:24:47 PM

the kills are much much much more rewarding. and norway/spain aside there's generally action within the first 5mins. play events if you want quicker RB though

Yeah, but arcade baddies will helicopter up after my P-47 Every. Goddamned. Time. It's like blast fishing with artillery.

That said, I should probably try RB again now that I've given up trying to use a joystick, and have actually spaded some planes. US planes without any performance upgrades are not happy in RB.

-O

teds :D
February 3 2015, 06:09:32 PM
the main problem with US planes in RB is you the space needed on unspaded planes to get the alt. and generally people at lower tiers go 'lol fuck climbing' so you either can't get the space to get alt, or if you do get there you get there alone, and unless the other team are literally braindead you won't be able to keep your advantage

so yeah.

Ophichius
February 3 2015, 07:18:41 PM
the main problem with US planes in RB is you the space needed on unspaded planes to get the alt. and generally people at lower tiers go 'lol fuck climbing' so you either can't get the space to get alt, or if you do get there you get there alone, and unless the other team are literally braindead you won't be able to keep your advantage

so yeah.

This is exactly why I stopped trying to fly my US planes in RB. Being the one lonely F4F at altitude got really tiresome really quickly. Throw in joystick controls on top of it and I was just feeding people a steady stream of lions and RP. Figured I'd cut my losses and go bounce idiots in arcade instead.

Now that I've actually got a reasonable selection of fast-climbing planes for all nations though, it's probably time for me to head back.

-O

Baarhyn
February 3 2015, 07:35:24 PM
Fuck guys this is the sim battle thread.

Ophichius
February 3 2015, 07:46:15 PM
Eh, sim air battles are a lot of effort for not a lot of reward, IMO. If I'm going to go to that much work, I'll just fire up Cliffs of Dover or DCS and do it properly instead of half-assing it in WT.

-O

Bamse
February 3 2015, 08:26:47 PM
Eh, sim air battles are a lot of effort for not a lot of reward, IMO. If I'm going to go to that much work, I'll just fire up Cliffs of Dover or DCS and do it properly instead of half-assing it in WT.

-O

Every time I get a kill in SB, it's way more rewarding than RB, just because it's so much harder.. If you're speaking RP/Lions wise, just throw more money at it and enjoy the game instead of running the grind?
DCS has limited amount of WWII planes and Cliffs is old as fuck now :P Both have limited "Jump in an rape face" MP in comparison to WarThunder (When awesome SB events are up).

Baarhyn
February 3 2015, 09:32:40 PM

-O

Every time I get a kill in SB, it's way more rewarding than RB, just because it's so much harder.. If you're speaking RP/Lions wise, just throw more money at it and enjoy the game instead of running the grind?
DCS has limited amount of WWII planes and Cliffs is old as fuck now [emoji14] Both have limited "Jump in an rape face" MP in comparison to WarThunder (When awesome SB events are up).
Also there is very little "new" dudes in cliff or dcs so it's a shitty place to start if you dont like being wtf bbq'ed over and over.

Thoemse
February 4 2015, 08:53:10 AM

I am with you on this. I do have a decent Hotas and would even enjoy flying in Sim mode more because - physics. I simply don't want all that flying around for it to be over in amatter of seconds though. Sure a kill in SB is worth more and satisfactory but to me it simply ain't worth the stupidly long cruising around. Arcade gives me instant satisfaction. Once you are good at it you can wreck through people with burning and exploding planes left and right. :D

With tanks it is a different matter. You have to drive a bit further too but it not such a big issue. Tanks in RB and SB are good fun.

Bamse
February 4 2015, 12:10:15 PM
To be fair, in the awesome combined SB Events, you'd only have to fly for 2mins until you were over the action of the tanks, so it's only really a problem in regular air SB (Which I don't play either).

Tanks in RB is annoying as fuck because of markers, sure the distance indicator is gone but people will just randomly shoot at the magic marker and snipe you through a forest. In SB, at least you have to be haxoring, extremely fucking lucky or just plain awesome to do the same. I do remember an RB event with no markers which was fun, but fuck I couldn't adjust to the third person view of tanks not being zoomed in xD

Baarhyn
February 5 2015, 03:36:10 AM
Playing some of the event tonight, the hellcat is fucking broken :-P with flaps I turn in a zero.

3 kills no death in two games, I am finally k/d positive in this shit.

Thoemse
February 5 2015, 08:48:15 AM
To be fair, in the awesome combined SB Events, you'd only have to fly for 2mins until you were over the action of the tanks, so it's only really a problem in regular air SB (Which I don't play either).

Tanks in RB is annoying as fuck because of markers, sure the distance indicator is gone but people will just randomly shoot at the magic marker and snipe you through a forest. In SB, at least you have to be haxoring, extremely fucking lucky or just plain awesome to do the same. I do remember an RB event with no markers which was fun, but fuck I couldn't adjust to the third person view of tanks not being zoomed in xD
Oh i agree! If they would bring the RB and SB combined battles like the events were i would only play SB. That was pretty damn cool.
Considering i never waited long to get a match i would say people did like it too.

I am a rubbish SB pilot but bombing a tank with the IL-2 was a lot of fun.

Baarhyn
March 23 2015, 03:09:46 AM
can't for the life of me kill anything with a 109 or a 190, then switch into a la-5fn and bag a kill in the first 6 minutes.

Jesus fuck I was getting seriously self conscious there!

Sp4m
March 24 2015, 12:14:04 AM
So I went and bought an X-52 pro Hotas.

Played some Sim battles.

got my first kill!

Spitfire ftw.

Baarhyn
March 24 2015, 12:37:28 AM

Played some Sim battles.

got my first kill!

Spitfire ftw.

wanna fly with me?

i'll get on FHC TS

edit:

Also by cranking my video settings up (seems like my graphics card was basically idling before lol) and putting all my axis at 1 to 1 I suddenly can fly a 190 or a 109 and score kills!

I managed to aim straight without massive fucking wobbling, that game is mine now.

I used not to be able to spot anything, but with max AA and just about max everything I can track planes over trees and all now.

Sp4m
March 27 2015, 08:53:29 AM

Played some Sim battles.

got my first kill!

Spitfire ftw.

wanna fly with me?

i'll get on FHC TS

edit:

Also by cranking my video settings up (seems like my graphics card was basically idling before lol) and putting all my axis at 1 to 1 I suddenly can fly a 190 or a 109 and score kills!

I managed to aim straight without massive fucking wobbling, that game is mine now.

I used not to be able to spot anything, but with max AA and just about max everything I can track planes over trees and all now.

I'd love to play with you, I also have trouble with Wobble so maybe you can guide me through what you changed and we can kick some arse.

I only have German and British Aircraft tho, and german ones I only have up to tier 2 atm.

Baarhyn
March 27 2015, 05:39:42 PM

Played some Sim battles.

got my first kill!

Spitfire ftw.

wanna fly with me?

i'll get on FHC TS

edit:

I'd love to play with you, I also have trouble with Wobble so maybe you can guide me through what you changed and we can kick some arse.

I only have German and British Aircraft tho, and german ones I only have up to tier 2 atm.

i'm hanging around fhc TS just about everytime i'm on my PC, just hop in whenever.

Also low tiers are more forgiving I find, people make mistakes.

Baarhyn
March 28 2015, 07:51:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3yy0b9r.jpg

anyone can translate?

RazoR
March 28 2015, 03:24:38 PM
whatcha lookin' at?
who are you, faggot?

Baarhyn
March 28 2015, 05:10:09 PM
whatcha lookin' at?
who are you, faggot?
Kinda sad, was expecting more tears.

I have zero fucking clue about what i did sadly :-P

Procellus
March 28 2015, 06:59:30 PM
whatcha lookin' at?
who are you, faggot?
Kinda sad, was expecting more tears.

I have zero fucking clue about what i did sadly :-P

You probably looked at him. Faggot

RazoR
March 28 2015, 11:20:59 PM
Well that was more of a "what do you want" but not enough for "what the fuck you want".

Sp4m
March 30 2015, 12:30:29 PM

Played some Sim battles.

got my first kill!

Spitfire ftw.

wanna fly with me?

i'll get on FHC TS

edit:

i'm hanging around fhc TS just about everytime i'm on my PC, just hop in whenever.

I have no internets till the 7th,

moving house

Baarhyn
March 30 2015, 06:38:51 PM

Played some Sim battles.

got my first kill!

Spitfire ftw.

wanna fly with me?

i'll get on FHC TS

edit:

I have no internets till the 7th,

moving house

LeL

Baarhyn
May 15 2015, 03:19:41 AM
Reviving this bitch!

fw190 d9 is the beautifulliest plane in all the skies.

If anyone is interested I can upload my first game last night in the d9, actually competing with griffon spits and typhoons. 3 kills game and some nice maneuvering.

Sp4m
May 15 2015, 08:44:45 AM
I can't wait for the VR Headsets to come out because flying with x52 pro but without head tracking is a bit meh.

Bamse
May 15 2015, 09:56:00 AM
I can't wait for the VR Headsets to come out because flying with x52 pro but without head tracking is a bit meh.

If you don't want to wait a year for Rift, an easy solution is to buy the TrackIR clip & and PS EYE cam, use an old diskette drive for IR filter and use FaceTrackNoIR with TrackIR dll.. It's what I did and it works very well with 6DOF. It's a bit finicky at times, but that's mostly due to the position of tracker & clip, which I haven't finetuned completely yet. Tested and used it in DCS, Elite and WarThunder so far =)

Baarhyn
May 16 2015, 04:45:15 AM

If you don't want to wait a year for Rift, an easy solution is to buy the TrackIR clip & and PS EYE cam, use an old diskette drive for IR filter and use FaceTrackNoIR with TrackIR dll.. It's what I did and it works very well with 6DOF. It's a bit finicky at times, but that's mostly due to the position of tracker & clip, which I haven't finetuned completely yet. Tested and used it in DCS, Elite and WarThunder so far =)

i'm kinda sad though, the consumer rift is going to be 1200p, I was really, really hoping for 1440p personally.

Anyway, it's good enough with a ghetto trackir, I am having AMAZING fun with the 190 d9 right now even if germany loses every.single.fucking.match.

six kills in the last 2 matches and I just got fuel injection on the thing, it took me like 30-40 games to figure out how to fly 190's but now, ooh now ain't nothing stopping the rape train.

If anyone want to lookit my replays and either laugh at me or give me pointers let me know, conversely if anyone wanna squad up just say that you're flying here and i'll hover around the war thunder channel on the FHC TS.

Sp4m
May 18 2015, 02:41:21 PM

i'm kinda sad though, the consumer rift is going to be 1200p, I was really, really hoping for 1440p personally.

Anyway, it's good enough with a ghetto trackir, I am having AMAZING fun with the 190 d9 right now even if germany loses every.single.fucking.match.

six kills in the last 2 matches and I just got fuel injection on the thing, it took me like 30-40 games to figure out how to fly 190's but now, ooh now ain't nothing stopping the rape train.

If anyone want to lookit my replays and either laugh at me or give me pointers let me know, conversely if anyone wanna squad up just say that you're flying here and i'll hover around the war thunder channel on the FHC TS.

The vive is 1080 p tho right?

Torashuu
May 18 2015, 03:19:19 PM
Nop, Vive is also 1200p@90Hz, so they will end up using similar/the same panels.

Baarhyn
May 30 2015, 04:38:38 AM
16 victories to 5 losses in the last 10 battles, the fw190 a4 is spectacular!

haven't fully upgraded it yet and it's already stellar, I can't wait for full upgrade.

Getting good at shooting is by far the hardest part in flying, I am getting okay-ish at it but doing blind shots (leading a target that is under your cowling for high deflection shots) is part art part wizardry. You need to get as much experience with a specific weapon system to be remotely efficient at it.

Also the state of balance is pretty good in the lower ranks, tier IV are plagued by b-29's and b-17's helicopter dicking everyone with mouse aim, arguably the b-25j's are doing some of that aswell but they don't have bottom guns so you can loiter under them and pop-up shoot em'. They do take waaay too much punishment though, I have shot a full complement from the a-4 into a couple of them to no avail.

I'm really looking for a wingman BTW, if anyone wanna pair up let me know.

Baarhyn
June 1 2015, 09:42:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnxqhwAlgok

I made a thing!

Youtube raped the quality when there is rapid movement on the screen... Let me know what you guys think.

Procellus
June 1 2015, 09:49:22 AM
I think you're pretty bad ass for playing Sim. I can barely fly in realistic

Selb
June 1 2015, 09:57:00 AM
I can barely fly in Arcade...

QuackBot
June 1 2015, 12:00:32 PM
LeL
Zeekar: >implying i dont have time for games lel.

Torashuu
June 1 2015, 01:49:15 PM
They have friendly labels(beyond 1km) now in sim battles?

Baarhyn
June 1 2015, 04:48:07 PM
They have friendly labels(beyond 1km) now in sim battles?
No, just on replays.

You still have the tags under 800 meters or so

Torashuu
June 2 2015, 10:05:37 PM
Ah, anyways, mah ace skillz:
Bf 109
https://youtu.be/XwxbaQ9avO4
FW190
https://youtu.be/_EVhRnbyJ-g

:gameishard:

Baarhyn
June 3 2015, 03:30:30 AM
Bf 109
http://youtu.be/XwxbaQ9avO4CS
FW190
http://youtu.be/_EVhRnbyJ-gh

your vids dun' work mate!

Torashuu
June 3 2015, 05:42:42 AM
Bf 109
http://youtu.be/XwxbaQ9avO4
FW190
http://youtu.be/_EVhRnbyJ-g

your vids dun' work mate!

Fixed, silly handposting device scrambling links

RazoR
June 3 2015, 05:45:51 AM
>ai

pls go

Torashuu
June 3 2015, 05:54:03 AM
>implying its about epeen waving

pls go

Was busy testing mah OpenTrack setup, figured I'd infect Baarhyn with the DCS bug. Next time I'll just pick the footage where I kill players and put some shitty metal music on top.

obligatory come-fite-me-in-game statement

Baarhyn
June 4 2015, 05:28:38 AM
Hey BTW did you guys like the video? it's kinda fun making them and I have a handful of fights that are fun/interesting so if there is interest I might make some more.

Torashuu
June 4 2015, 05:52:19 AM
If you have fun making them, you don't need our validation right?

Sp4m
June 4 2015, 08:20:58 AM
I haven't watched them.

Baarhyn
June 4 2015, 05:40:52 PM
I haven't watched them.

I only made one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnxqhwAlgok

Baarhyn
June 30 2015, 08:58:45 AM
I went to the dark side FHC, I went full nazi.

I got in a game with my 190 a-4, a game where I was solidly over tiered. And then as I was climbing, 5 out of 6 of the american team crashed on takeoff so I decided to abort my climb and head straight for their runway. As I was making way there, people started to join in progress one after another.

I slaughtered them FHC, I slaughtered em' all.

As I got to the runway, one dude was mid takeoff and 2 at the end of the runway, a premium spit saw me coming and drove in the brush, I killed his friend that didn't react. I climbed back up, and dove down on the spit and gunned him down. I kept on the runway heading and bagged the third pilot at about 50 feet off the runway. I extended my climb while looking back, and saw two other guys at the end of the strip. I came back down and shot a corsair that was still invincible, then crippled the second dude and lit him on fire. Another climb, and another dive on the corsair that was speeding up, cutting his right wing clean off. At that point, I had 6 kills in the bag and I was running low-ish on ammo, but there was another dude that just came in in a premium spit.

He fought a valiant fight FHC, as I was crossing the runway he hit the gas and let loose his guns piercing my oil cooling system, but the blood lust was stronger and the machine was mostly fine, so I looped around and sent him to valhalla before heading back to rearm.

On the trip back home, I pondered the futility of war and life. countless times I have been bombed and strafed while joining in progress, countless times I have been vultured coming back for fuel, but tonight I got my revenge.

The game ended after I got an assist on a wellington and forced a boomerang that was hiding in a hangar at their strip to come and play, a triple ace in a day.

Sp4m
June 30 2015, 09:44:52 AM

I got in a game with my 190 a-4, a game where I was solidly over tiered. And then as I was climbing, 5 out of 6 of the american team crashed on takeoff so I decided to abort my climb and head straight for their runway. As I was making way there, people started to join in progress one after another.

As I got to the runway, one dude was mid takeoff and 2 at the end of the runway, a premium spit saw me coming and drove in the brush, I killed his friend that didn't react. I climbed back up, and dove down on the spit and gunned him down. I kept on the runway heading and bagged the third pilot at about 50 feet off the runway. I extended my climb while looking back, and saw two other guys at the end of the strip. I came back down and shot a corsair that was still invincible, then crippled the second dude and lit him on fire. Another climb, and another dive on the corsair that was speeding up, cutting his right wing clean off. At that point, I had 6 kills in the bag and I was running low-ish on ammo, but there was another dude that just came in in a premium spit.

He fought a valiant fight FHC, as I was crossing the runway he hit the gas and let loose his guns piercing my oil cooling system, but the blood lust was stronger and the machine was mostly fine, so I looped around and sent him to valhalla before heading back to rearm.

On the trip back home, I pondered the futility of war and life. countless times I have been bombed and strafed while joining in progress, countless times I have been vultured coming back for fuel, but tonight I got my revenge.

The game ended after I got an assist on a wellington and forced a boomerang that was hiding in a hangar at their strip to come and play, a triple ace in a day.

Haha well played.

Do you use a stick/HOTAS and/or headtracking?

QuackBot
June 30 2015, 12:00:15 PM
>implying its about epeen waving

pls go

Was busy testing mah OpenTrack setup, figured I'd infect Baarhyn with the DCS bug. Next time I'll just pick the footage where I kill players and put some shitty metal music on top.

obligatory come-fite-me-in-game statement
Some players are just.

morpheps
June 30 2015, 10:48:24 PM
Hey BTW did you guys like the video? it's kinda fun making them and I have a handful of fights that are fun/interesting so if there is interest I might make some more.

Loved it. Please make more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baarhyn
July 1 2015, 12:07:54 AM

Haha well played.

Do you use a stick/HOTAS and/or headtracking?
Warthog hotas \ saitek pedals \ trackir5

I cant wait for oculus.

I think the new patch is going to scrap my old replays but i'll try to get some new stuff.

Baarhyn
July 1 2015, 11:19:30 PM
just got an 8 kill game, i'll tape it up I guess cause it was pretty solid all in all.

Baarhyn
July 2 2015, 05:30:34 AM
reserved for vidya

QuackBot
July 2 2015, 08:00:15 AM
Bf 109
https://youtu.be/XwxbaQ9avO4
FW190
https://youtu.be/_EVhRnbyJ-g

Crosspost from the other thread: [spoiler][img]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipkp3yjlclw[/video] :gameishard.

Baarhyn
July 2 2015, 09:10:43 AM
theeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRPpx3XQrdc

it should be in 1080p in a few hours I guess.

Baarhyn
July 19 2015, 04:39:29 AM
Jeez guys the enduring confrontation game mode is real good.

like real real good.

Isyel
July 19 2015, 09:41:30 AM

like real real good.

its fucking shit mate, because as usual gaijin are the worst designers int he world

spawncamping simulator wheeee

Baarhyn
July 19 2015, 01:35:06 PM

like real real good.

its fucking shit mate, because as usual gaijin are the worst designers int he world

You have three airfield to spawn from and an indicator to let you know when an airfield is under attack, if you can't deal with that then i don't know what to say.

Also the AAA is effective at slowly forcing people off, after 4-5min of fighting over an enemy airfield most of my d-9 was slightly hit and i was leaking water purely from flak, it pushed me to travel back to repair.

Isyel
July 19 2015, 04:17:58 PM

like real real good.

You have three airfield to spawn from and an indicator to let you know when an airfield is under attack, if you can't deal with that then i don't know what to say.

Also the AAA is effective at slowly forcing people off, after 4-5min of fighting over an enemy airfield most of my d-9 was slightly hit and i was leaking water purely from flak, it pushed me to travel back to repair.

ah so the usual 'i abuse it therefore its fine, deal with it' line then

i can deal with it, i do fine in it, doesnt mean i cant recognise gaijin are being morons with how theyre putting this together

i also low how absolutely godawful the rewards are now, first line of glorious nerfs deployed and all

Baarhyn
July 19 2015, 05:19:44 PM

like real real good.

ah so the usual 'i abuse it therefore its fine, deal with it' line then

i can deal with it, i do fine in it, doesnt mean i cant recognise gaijin are being morons with how theyre putting this together

i also low how absolutely godawful the rewards are now, first line of glorious nerfs deployed and all
LoL mate why the fuck do you keep playing this game, you've been bitching in every single thread for the past year.

Also I dont abuse spawn camping in the least, in like 3 hours of play and 30-40 kills i have bagged a single guy on the runway.