PDA

View Full Version : who's the "will" they keep talking about

Euyis
June 9 2011, 03:18:57 PM
most of the content below translated from an article about Will.
tl;dr avoid meeting or mentioning Will at all costs.

0. READ THIS FIRST - PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
If you're currently logged into EVE, move your current ship immediately to a safe location and if possible, dock. Log off now. Do not engage in any activities related to luck or randomness, or activities that might very possibly lead to a loss of personal wealth (PVP, PVE even if you're flying a permarunning passive rattlesnake) while/for a short duration after reading the following text.

I, the author, hold no responsibility whatsoever for any consequence incurred by reading the following text. Do this at your own risk.

1. What, or more precisely who is Will
The "Will", or "??" (His Divine Highness, The Most Holy, etc.) as commonly known in the player population of Serenity refers to a player on Serenity who played a character named "DF Will" and the forum alias "WillSiegKane".
(note. his current character is ?? ?? or William Kane in Chinese rendering)

For the players of EVE on Serenity he's somehow the God of Misfortune, who, due to supernatural causes, effectively curses (or in the words of the players, casting an aura) essentially everyone in any way having a contact with him: those who sees him in local or meets him, seeing him in one or more chat channel, seeing his name while ingame, or even mentioning his name ingame. This effect is not limited to the game though - some even get hit by misfortune irl after encountering the "Will Aura".

About the origin of the Will Aura:
Will was, once, a member of Diamond Force gaming clan (also the meaning of DF initial in his char name), that moved into Serenity shortly after the closed beta period. In the very early days of EVE in China, when everyone was still in frigates and cruisers, he, experimenting with tracking disruptors, lost 3 cruisers consecutively to one pirate NPC. In a time when the cluster was still taking its first steps and the industry is just beginning to develop, these losses had almost completely runied all achievements of the corp's indstrialists, who were just starting to build cruisers.

Feeling guilty for his losses, he then requested to do the boring work of transporting ship BPOs from empire space to 0.0... in an industrial. The result was predictable. (remember there was no jump to 0 for gates then, but warp scrambing gate rats are always here) By losing these valuable (the standards back then) BPOs, production section of the Diamond Force corp was immediately sent back to prehistoric age.

These two cases were only a fraction of all his unfortunate, or outright noobish losses. While people were feeling sorry for him, they quickly realized that, the aura of misfortune that shrouded Will was no longer limited to himself now... It was starting to expand, changing into an AoE weapon or something like that. Thus the beginning of "Will Aura", and Will began to be known as a legendary figure.

2. Case studies

Experiences of "???123" -
1st encounter: I saw Will in Airaken while running a hauler back to nullsec base, and, ignoring him initially, I happily went running a escalation after finishing hauling. I thought that I fled his influence since I got the first escalation, but quickly realized that I was still hit by the aura (though only slightly) after losing the further escalations immediately after.

2nd encounter: I met Will while flying to a lowsec agent in an inty. Very sure that I was hit by the aura, I went on missioning anyway and lost my Golem to local pirates shortly after.

Experiences of "EF????" -
One day I was testing out my new ships in P7-45V when someone else shouted "MAY WILL'S AURA BE WITH YOU!" in local before my undocking. Then... I lost my ship to pirate NPCs in less than 45 seconds.

Another day I had a chat with Will... And my 200 CNY bike was stolen the day after.

The End of North Union alliance -
North Union was an alliance in southern space, with Diamond Force as its executor corp. Will has once joked that "If DF lose all its sov holdings I'll return to DF as a member then". Shortly after on March 22 2011, DF directors missed paying the alliance maintenance bill and as a result got the whole alliance disbanded and all sov lost. The once strong North Union was finally over then.

These are only 3 of the thousands of victims of Will's Aura, and the number is still increasing.

3. What to do?
- Avoid seeing or mentioning Will.
- If you're sure you are under the Aura's effect, dock and logoff.
- Pray for your salvation.

Cogs
June 9 2011, 03:23:40 PM
That explains a few things, wondered why I'd seen Will being mentioned so often.

Christos
June 9 2011, 03:31:03 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/11qimnd.jpg

Reminds me of this.

Euyis
June 9 2011, 03:33:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lTiCH.jpg

Got this, upon completing the post.
I'm prepared for this though so the text's in notepad, didn't expect the aura to hit this fast nonetheless. :D

Ohh_No
June 9 2011, 03:47:01 PM
So how do we get will to join our corp?

Hels
June 9 2011, 03:51:40 PM
Change title that isn't boring at all.

This server is pretty awesome. :D

Euyis
June 9 2011, 03:51:57 PM
no wai, he's a staunch amarr loyalist from the very beginning and has his own corp in amarr fw...

Cogs
June 9 2011, 03:58:50 PM
The curse of Will has struck me already.

My Condor just died. :(

GZ4M
June 9 2011, 04:02:03 PM
Worship

imported_??
June 9 2011, 04:09:41 PM
MAY WILL'S AURA BE WITH YOU ALL! :lock:

Fuggin
June 9 2011, 04:20:27 PM
Does Will give out free vagabonds?

Mrenda
June 9 2011, 04:32:09 PM
I've heard that Will has 17 million and that he can help.

xiaxialuo25
June 9 2011, 04:34:27 PM
Avoiding any contact with the evil ‘WILL’ is sensible.

Forgive me !!! Lord WILL :ohnoes:

Straight Hustlin
June 9 2011, 04:40:17 PM
So he's like the evil version of chirbba?

xiaxialuo25
June 9 2011, 04:44:38 PM
Very very very very very evil! :ohnoes:

slight
June 9 2011, 04:45:31 PM
Epic.

New priority #1, recruit DF Will!

Christos
June 9 2011, 04:51:37 PM
Seriously, he speak english?

Euyis
June 9 2011, 04:52:46 PM
Epic.

New priority #1, recruit DF Will!
that char's dead (access was lost or Will himself don't want to log on that anymore) so try recruit "?? ??" instead.

and iirc he's a decent english speaker

EntroX
June 9 2011, 04:52:58 PM
figures he had to be amarr :V

Christos
June 9 2011, 04:59:10 PM
have sent a mail to ?? ??

Veshta Yoshida
June 9 2011, 06:17:41 PM
have sent a mail to ?? ??
Wouldn't it be glorious if the invasion by [WEST] enticed him to activate his Will main again to join up?

Shaikar
June 9 2011, 06:25:41 PM
no wai, he's a staunch amarr loyalist from the very beginning and has his own corp in amarr fw...
Clearly Will is awesome!