PDA

View Full Version : Ship Thread - Lakon Type 6 Space Truck

Saul
January 3 2015, 06:32:21 PM
Every trader owns a Type 6. It's a big step on the road to bigger profits: 104 max cargo (with shield), plenty agile for its size, though weak in shield and weapon mounts. It has decent cooling/heat management from what I remember, and is agile enough to escape some interdictions.

Costs about a million credits, and I think about 10 mil or so to A fit it. Rebuy costs in the 100,000cr range iirc but correct me if I'm wrong, been ages since I drove one.

Type 6 has also been used for exploring in the past; the cockpit position is excellent and allows for great views (as does the Type 7), and it has a decent unloaded jump range (about 27-30 ly I think?).

Cosmin
January 3 2015, 06:56:05 PM
Rebuy can go in the 200k range if you A fit the FSD and some fancy stuff like A types, Advanced Discovery Scanner, etc.

The ship is nice, but feels sluggish, it is a freighter after all. Can hit 33ish Ly jump range unladen iirc.

morpheps
January 3 2015, 06:59:55 PM
I fly mine like this:

Hardpoints : Nada
Bulkheads : Lightweight Alloy
PP : B3
Thrusters : A4
FSD : A4
LS : B2
PD : A3
Sensors : B2
Fuel : C4
Internals: Cargo rack (32), Cargo rack (32), Cargo rack (16), Cargo rack (16), Shield Generator (A3), Fuel Scopp (A2) and Standard docking computer (E1)

96 tons of cargo, does about 250m/s with 4 pips (350+ boosted), has fairly good heat management, jumps 27.19 LY unladen, and 18.74 with full cargo. Not anywhere near nimble, can sometimes escape being interdicted, but usually have little problem escaping by boosting away and then tanking them until I make the jump.

Edit: Rebuy cost with current fit is 206k.

Equium Duo
January 3 2015, 07:02:05 PM
So what about after the type 6?

I was thinking ASP but it doesn't have any cargo space over the type6. Although I did think ASP, do a rares route until I can get a type 7?

I'm really happy with mine despite dieing in it. i run in manly mode with no shields though haha

morpheps
January 3 2015, 07:08:45 PM
No, the Asp isn't worth it imho. For doing rares, maybe, but to get an increase in jump range over the type 6 means a lot of investments. I'm saving for a type-7.

Kraken
January 3 2015, 07:16:08 PM
I fly mine like this:

Internals: Cargo rack (32), Cargo rack (32), Cargo rack (16), Cargo rack (16), Shield Generator (A3), Fuel Scopp (A2) and Standard docking computer (E1)

96 tons of cargo, does about 250m/s with 4 pips (350+ boosted), has fairly good heat management, jumps 27.19 LY unladen, and 18.74 with full cargo. Not anywhere near nimble, can sometimes escape being interdicted, but usually have little problem escaping by boosting away and then tanking them until I make the jump.

how come not D sensors and life support?

morpheps
January 3 2015, 07:25:39 PM
Haven't really bothered looking for them, and haven't seen them in the stations I have looked.

QuackBot
January 3 2015, 09:00:16 PM
I fly mine like this:

My theory is it is discord then we have the most pips and i.

Ted Breakers
January 6 2015, 03:36:48 PM
Fully pimped :)

Am i right in thinking there is no compatible shield generator for the size 2 slot?

http://i.imgur.com/zxq8n8w.jpg

+ Docking computer

Scanner/puter can be fuel scoop or w/e but dont need more space or fuel for the rare loop and the scanner covers fuel costs nicely :)

Outboosts all pirates np tbh they loose weapons range after the first few boosts. Shields are kind of redundant could fit triple point def some armor and get extra cargo instead but its not nessecary for me and you might aswell run rares and push to t7 if you need volume i guess.

CastleBravo
January 6 2015, 04:01:18 PM
So what about after the type 6?

I was thinking ASP but it doesn't have any cargo space over the type6. Although I did think ASP, do a rares route until I can get a type 7?

I'm really happy with mine despite dieing in it. i run in manly mode with no shields though haha

The Asp is an upgrade, but not a huge one unless the extra jump range is good for you. I run mine with a small fuel tank and with shields can haul 120 tons 27 Ly in a single jump.