PDA

View Full Version : The Elite Dieded Thread

Sandzibar
January 1 2015, 09:59:01 PM
ITS HAPPENING! :shitshit:

Why cant I connect dammit?

Darkening
January 1 2015, 10:00:56 PM
No idea but i keep losing the transaction server tonight, had four drop out so far within the last hour.

Equium Duo
January 1 2015, 10:01:32 PM
Same, very annoying. Means I have quit for the night. :(

Sandzibar
January 1 2015, 10:02:32 PM
But but but.. I just have one more trade run to run.

Just one more.

Approaching Walrus
January 1 2015, 10:12:12 PM
insert smug post about offline vs online mode here

morpheps
January 1 2015, 11:03:03 PM
Just. One. More. Jump. Just. One. More. Market. Refresh. Buying. More
Rares. Oh, did she go to bed already? I wonder if I'll get some tonight..

Lana Torrin
January 1 2015, 11:06:40 PM
No idea but i keep losing the transaction server tonight, had four drop out so far within the last hour.

Mine has been doing that every 3rd or 4th jump for days..

SupaflyTNT
January 1 2015, 11:20:17 PM
It died for me but running the launcher in compatibility mode fixed it. Not sure if its related to your problems or not?

Cosmin
January 1 2015, 11:21:57 PM
Seems (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82028) people are having more than "can't connect" problems. Thread is hilarious tbqfh.

SupaflyTNT
January 1 2015, 11:27:23 PM
It does seem to be shaking a bit. I got the Unable to Complete Transaction error but am now online spacetrucking away (oh god the grind...)

Cosmin
January 1 2015, 11:30:16 PM
Amazingly I haven't had any problems at all, cargo was fine after each drop of the server and I was spawned at a safe distance from whatever I was too close to when the server derped (once inside a station undocking and once near a sun, scooping).

Shaikar
January 1 2015, 11:41:28 PM
Had a go at mining earlier, gave up because the refinery kept losing it's connection to the server and failing to actually refine things on 3/4 attempts.

I wonder if whatever they did to fix the date (and the stray news item from the future) broke something else...

QuackBot
January 2 2015, 12:00:22 AM
Same, very annoying. Means I have quit for the night. :(
Same, very annoying.

CastleBravo
January 2 2015, 12:20:22 AM
I had the "transaction server" error right when I was trading in my cobra for a type-6. I had sold all my fittings, and then bought the type-6 before it kicked me out the first time. When I got back in game, I was back in my cobra with all the upgraded fittings, and I still had the cash from selling the upgrades. Now it won't let me login at all.

Lana Torrin
January 2 2015, 12:24:44 AM
I have been scanning this same planet for 10 mins now.. I'm guessing this is what happens when it cant talk to the server so im gona log off and leave it for a bit..

SupaflyTNT
January 2 2015, 12:25:48 AM
You can try running launcher in compatibility mode and it might let you back in. I think its all pretty fucked up at the minute and expect a roll back so I wouldnt spend too much time playing to be honest. I could make millions per hour with the bug I and a few others have

Lana Torrin
January 2 2015, 12:33:41 AM
You can try running launcher in compatibility mode and it might let you back in. I think its all pretty fucked up at the minute and expect a roll back so I wouldnt spend too much time playing to be honest. I could make millions per hour with the bug I and a few others have

I can get in without any issue at all.. I'm getting pretty sick of scanning this planet though.. They better not fucking roll back (or more than a day).. I'm in the middle of a really impressive nebula..

CastleBravo
January 2 2015, 12:49:36 AM
You can try running launcher in compatibility mode

I can get past the launcher and in the client, but when I select solo or open play and it starts loading the game environment, I get booted back to desktop. I suspect there is something weird in my account right now, like the server telling my client that I still have all four guns from my Cobra on my new Type-6.

Sandzibar
January 2 2015, 03:09:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1IwWyXX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/O8kMcsz.jpg

Looks like not everyone lost cash during last nights transaction server fuckups. This dude woke up to 5billion. Apparently.

Though he had a lakon type9 to begin with... I suspect its possible he was just able to sell his cargo over and over and over again.

CastleBravo
January 2 2015, 03:57:00 PM
I tried reinstalling the client, but I still can't play. No response on my ticket yet either.

Equium Duo
January 2 2015, 05:03:46 PM
Is it happening again? :D

morpheps
January 2 2015, 05:41:37 PM
Is what happening again? The sell bug? Not for me at least.

CastleBravo
January 2 2015, 06:25:47 PM
I don't think the servers are fucking up any more accounts, but mine is still fucked until FD fixes it. I blame FHC for this; new games are always great until there is a subforum created for them, then it all goes tits up.

QuackBot
January 2 2015, 08:00:15 PM
Is what happening again? The sell bug? Not for me at least.
What is the ?

Thorjak
January 2 2015, 09:52:49 PM
Server just kicked me out. Anyone else?

CastleBravo
January 3 2015, 02:44:37 AM
This dude on twitch has a balance of 29 billion and is cruising around in a pimped out Anaconda. I wonder how that happened.....

http://www.twitch.tv/k3nny77

Lana Torrin
January 3 2015, 03:42:36 AM

Only about every 3rd jump...

QuackBot
January 3 2015, 04:00:12 AM
Fuck me i had a horrible team, but i can live with that as it seems to kick everybody else off the server too.

Thorjak
January 3 2015, 04:06:28 AM
This dude on twitch has a balance of 29 billion and is cruising around in a pimped out Anaconda. I wonder how that happened.....

I got double credits from one cargo load, but tbh the fun goes out of it if it's too easy, so from then one I was reloading market till the transaction took before I moved on. As soon as I cleared my missions I logged out.

It's been stable since I posted that. Don't think I'd want to play if it was that bad.

Lana Torrin
January 3 2015, 04:10:43 AM

I got double credits from one cargo load, but tbh the fun goes out of it if it's too easy, so from then one I was reloading market till the transaction took before I moved on. As soon as I cleared my missions I logged out.

It's been stable since I posted that. Don't think I'd want to play if it was that bad.

I would like to get back to a populated system before I go back to work..

CastleBravo
January 3 2015, 12:50:48 PM
Well, I'm sick of waiting for a response on my ticket, so I wiped my save and am hoping they credit me back what I had earned before.

Lana Torrin
January 3 2015, 01:35:13 PM
Well, I'm sick of waiting for a response on my ticket, so I wiped my save and am hoping they credit me back what I had earned before.

I honestly expect there to be absolutely zero rollback.

CastleBravo
January 4 2015, 05:09:04 AM

I honestly expect there to be absolutely zero rollback.

Well what I was hoping for was to get credits back on my new save file. Someone on the elite forum reported that when their save got corrupted like that, the GM gave his new save his old net worth +20%. Even if I don't get a single a credit back, it was still worth it; I ended my first day with 4.3M, which was about what I had after a week on the old save. Before, I never even tried space trucking, but now that I have I find it is actually enjoyable. I still did bounty hunting until I could get in a type-6, but then the other ~2.5M came quick and easy in the last couple hours. This game is so awesome that simply flying from point A to point B is good fun.

Ashaz
January 17 2015, 11:27:53 AM
So is the server down? Or just me?

I got stuck in the warp tunnel animation with no response from any controls or even the esc key, so I killed the app and restarted.
Now "Start" is greyed out.

Sandzibar
January 17 2015, 11:46:39 AM
So is the server down? Or just me?

I got stuck in the warp tunnel animation with no response from any controls or even the esc key, so I killed the app and restarted.
Now "Start" is greyed out.

little bit laggy with warp transitions but otherwise fine for me currently.

QuackBot
January 17 2015, 04:00:23 PM

I like that dude.

dominus
January 17 2015, 06:29:50 PM
It kicked me out 15 min ago, and doesnt let me in.

I was waiting for a rare item spawn anyway..

EDIT. recovered, 25 min

RazoR
February 5 2015, 03:58:54 PM
RIP

Could not connect to the adjudication server.

Sandzibar
February 5 2015, 04:12:14 PM
RIP

Seems to be ok for me.

RazoR
February 5 2015, 04:41:02 PM
RIP

Seems to be ok for me.

yeah it's back to normal

5 minute jumps weren't fun :(