PDA

View Full Version : Tonks: HELLKEK STRONGEST

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

RazoR
May 15 2014, 05:47:35 PM
Shit is so much cash.

Constantinus
May 15 2014, 07:18:34 PM
You can't fly planes in the fucking tonk battles (yet).
Detection is still broken.
Sherman is op.
T-34E is pretty good but T-34/57 mod. 43 is better bang for buck
Jgdpanther and SU-122P are overpriced and redundant.

Now that we have the Asiatic Hordes as well as Ayran Supermen (just ask the many wehraboos ) we realy need perfidious Albion and Freedomland (cause i enjoy getting told that the Sherman was made of paper-mache, burned when someone looked at it and required a numerical superiority of 20 to 1 to destroy a single Panzer II) too.

RazoR
May 15 2014, 07:45:26 PM
Thing is that Sherman is an M4A2 and borderline second era which is supposed to be 1941-42. Which makes A-34 look pretty tame in the first tier.

Hoggbert
May 15 2014, 09:15:03 PM
Sherman is amazing, 2 simbattles and i've researched most of the t1 stuff and the Pzkpfw IV F1.
The reload on the gun is silly fast, good frontal armor and awesome gundepression.

Calbanite
May 15 2014, 10:53:08 PM
T26-E (uparmored premium tier 1) is so slow

T1 German Scout car is fun. It's just a PZII with 50mm of hull armor.

Dirk Magnum
May 16 2014, 12:20:25 AM
edit: WAS reinstalling for this but the connection sucks. Find some time over the weekend maybe.

helgur
May 16 2014, 05:59:18 AM
Blitzed the Tier I German line with Sherman crew reporting in 8)

lucian
May 16 2014, 06:45:38 AM

Yep, think I unlocked every tier 1 tank in less than 45 minutes. I can't tell if its because the Sherman is awesome, or because all of the opponents were rocking stock tier 1 tanks. Either way, an 8 to 1 k:d ratio leads to major lulz. Actually really liking ground forces now...the CBT was always based off the euro server, so lag made it miserable to play.

Isyel
May 16 2014, 06:46:15 AM

Yep, think I unlocked every tier 1 tank in less than 45 minutes. I can't tell if its because the Sherman is awesome, or because all of the opponents were rocking stock tier 1 tanks. Either way, an 8 to 1 k:d ratio leads to major lulz. Actually really liking ground forces now...the CBT was always based off the euro server, so lag made it miserable to play.

both

Lief Siddhe
May 16 2014, 06:33:48 PM
patching, tanks FUCK YES

teds :D
May 16 2014, 06:48:34 PM
to all new tankers, the aim of the game isn't to kill enemy tanks

put simply, it's to annoy hoggbert. whether that means dropping arty on him randomly, tracking him, knocking out his turret drive or just out-right killing him, the aim is to annoy him.

my personal favourite is pushing him off a cliff, i urge you to try it.

your resident friendly tanker,

teds

Isyel
May 16 2014, 09:25:09 PM
to all new tankers, the aim of the game isn't to kill enemy tanks

put simply, it's to annoy hoggbert. whether that means dropping arty on him randomly, tracking him, knocking out his turret drive or just out-right killing him, the aim is to annoy him.

my personal favourite is pushing him off a cliff, i urge you to try it.

your resident friendly tanker,

teds

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Calbanite
May 17 2014, 12:26:06 AM
Stug Ausf F GET

Killing commies left and right

Feels good to have a real gun

Edit: Need more USA bros to play with. I have packet loss issues to the EU server most of tht ime.

Eshnala
May 17 2014, 11:22:17 AM
I find it incredibly retarded that you now have to research 6 vehicles to get to the next tier tbh. And researching takes ages now too :S

Torashuu
May 17 2014, 11:25:44 AM
I am dissapoint as well. Might as well just go back to old per level unlocks.

metacannibal
May 17 2014, 11:31:39 AM
Panther D, baby seal clubbing T34 ftw.

Kingtiger is a slow piece of shit, can not recommend.

Eshnala
May 17 2014, 11:32:45 AM

How the fuck are you already on that tier oO

May 17 2014, 11:39:11 AM
I find it incredibly retarded that you now have to research 6 vehicles to get to the next tier tbh. And researching takes ages now too :S

did you not expect they'd have the same system as they have in planes?

metacannibal
May 17 2014, 11:40:09 AM

How the fuck are you already on that tier oO

Use Plane XP and/or Prem Tank?

Eshnala
May 17 2014, 11:41:11 AM

I dont play planes, so i have no idea what system they use :P I just liked it way better how it was in CBT.

May 17 2014, 11:44:28 AM

I dont play planes, so i have no idea what system they use :P I just liked it way better how it was in CBT.

but it was made easy in cbt so we could test things? i liked it too, but they're not going to make tanks easier to grind with than planes

Kilabi
May 17 2014, 11:58:06 AM
With the amount of vehicles available it could also say "unlock all tanks in this tier" instead of 6/6 tho. Not unlocking ATSPGs is basically not an option.

Isyel
May 17 2014, 01:02:01 PM
Eh it's not like I unlocking things is particularly slow so whatever. They're not a charity in the end. Old 20tier system was unsustainable I reckon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

RazoR
May 17 2014, 01:04:28 PM
T-34/57 m43 is p. good

Zveroboy jr.

Torashuu
May 17 2014, 03:18:28 PM
Thing is more with planes I had most stuff already so the 6planes/tier didn't come into play. Now I notice it and realize how little difference it is from the old unlocking by tier/level system.

Randay
May 17 2014, 03:20:25 PM
With the Premium Sherman getting bumped up in BR it is no longer the seal clubbing machine it was. I would not say its struggling now but it is either right at average or a bit below in performance. The premium pzIII N? is a bit shit as well. Could just be me but the low velocity 75mm gun has trouble penetrating anything.

I am interested to try the T-34/57 premium, worth the $?

Kilabi
May 17 2014, 05:08:04 PM
If it is anything like the normal 34/57 it should own pretty hard. The v0 is just awesome so it is easy to aim in real/sim while having a fuck ton of penetration. You still have some APHE ammo so even after penetration the effect on target is good.

metacannibal
May 17 2014, 06:36:24 PM
T34 Prototype is like Harbinger of Tier1. Also platooned with some old WOT buddies last night, wow they were suprised how great of a game this is (not to mention that they played bad like all recent tank converts seem to).

Randay
May 17 2014, 06:40:52 PM
Not having hit points and actually killing tanks in one shot is a nice change of pace. Sure wot had its one shot ammo racks but were for the most part rare.

The T34 proto dominates the Tier1 matches but not to the point were it was a wrecking ball m1abramsT90omg that the German Sherman was prenerf

Dirk Magnum
May 17 2014, 08:50:16 PM
The grind is definitely longer than planes. The vehicle research payout isn't at all the same, especially for simulator battles. Makes sense because of the limited number of tanks available I guess. Simulator battles are what I always hoped WoT would implement as a "hard mode" option for, at this point, several years.

RazoR
May 17 2014, 10:41:16 PM
The grind is definitely longer than planes. The vehicle research payout isn't at all the same, especially for simulator battles. Makes sense because of the limited number of tanks available I guess. Simulator battles are what I always hoped WoT would implement as a "hard mode" option for, at this point, several years.there were quite enough 15 minute battles in wot from i remember

helgur
May 18 2014, 05:31:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oNlxVkJ.jpg?1

Most annoying thing. Ever

Varcaus
May 18 2014, 05:42:48 AM
You can just leave the tank

RazoR
May 18 2014, 05:45:55 AM
Dumping some screens.

Only things turned off are SSAO and grass/trees.

http://onebit.us/x/i/Ybsi5WdyBv.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/ZbdyWbnr1w.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/wIR6zXdece.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/9wbF7dKmXT.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/jwbWGa2J93.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/oB3PjPv5VG.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/OQXz8c4XEO.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/uotwilbOGD.jpg

The WoT incursion has definitely helped my winrate :razor:

metacannibal
May 18 2014, 09:02:26 AM

dominus
May 18 2014, 11:20:47 AM
So, open beta is here, i am here too.. Help!!!

After a long install, and 3 more additional updates, after logging in the game (?), finaly i got into the game. Engine is GREAT, just looking at puny PZKpF2 on the runway is a pleasure.. The details, mud on tracks, small damages.. Looks mighty great - and its not even on high visuals setting!

I am hopelessly lost in hostile UI, research tree, familiar, yet completely different tanks, and their strange modules.

Fuck it, lets play.

First match, karelia. In a noobtank PzKpW2, i set commands to be identical to Wot. Off we go.. OOOHHHH that drive! Dat slide!!! I love it. LOVE it!! Nature, forest, grass, the whole engine is miles ahead of Wot, without any, ANY frame rate issues. Feeling of driving a steel multi ton monster is there. pure pleasure to drive.

In distance i see red markers.. Get over there. put myself into hulldown, peek over ad shoot enemy tank.. Nothing happens.. I realize im shooting at a dead tank, that red marker is for someone further behind. FAIL. Lets go, i approcah their spawn point. I die.
We lost that match. Post match report - im 14 out of 15 players.

Oh, its an arcade game. I noticed two other modes, which one is recommended? And why?

Second match, i manage to find a noob near their spawnpoint, and after one burst into his broadside, i killed him. Wow, that was easy! I find other one, damage him. I realize that it is pretty hard to notice enemies, and if i notice them, they are already fully aimed at me, and shooting my turret. I have no fucking idea about spotting mechanic here. We lost - i made some 1000 score (whatever that is) and im 8/15 in my team. Cool.
Next match. I roll with 2 more lights. we approach capture point and kill 2 noobs pretty easily. Than, a guy appears in something like a strangely looking stugIII, and ignores our fire, raping all 3 of us easily. I respawn, charge back, he is fighting one of our tanks, so i manage to put a burst into his starbord side, however, i cant tell how much i damaged him.. (how to know how badly tank is damaged? is there an HP pool?)
He deals with my ally, than turns and blows me straight to garage. We actually won that one, somehow.
Next.
Some beach map. I manage to get behind enemy PzKpW3 - whic is in this game, it seems, a heavy tank. I use mobility, to get behind him, my shots to his side dont pen at all, and shooting STRAIGHT into engine HARDLY penetrates.. Still, i manage to land a killing blow, we lost that one.

That was my 2 hour first experience. It was a blast, and frustrating as well. This game in no competition for Wot - they are SOOOOO much different, the only thing connecting them is fact there are some tanks in it. This is much more realistic experience, and much more personal than wot. I believe ill play both for years to come.

Questions:

- Should i switch to Russians? Can i grind both lines at same time?
- How to - target aquisition?
- any tips on how to not be a complete idiot?
- Is this better game for sniping or playing aggressively, compared to Wot?
- are there NPC tanks in game?? Because im pretty sure i killed one, and he had no name above him?

Cheers

Kilabi
May 18 2014, 02:10:17 PM
There is no spotting mechanic like in WoT. If you can pull a line of sight you can see it. Stuff shows up on the minimap if you can get a LoS from your camera to the enemy tank.

There are no hitpoints like in WoT. You die if a certain combination of stuff is broken on your tank. Or if your crew is knocked out.

Yes there are NPC tanks and planes. Also AT and AAA positions so the maps feel more dynamic and like a proper battle not a small skirmish.

Yes you can grind multiple nations at once. Just play them in turns or whatever. You also donīt have to wait for one match to end to play the same tank again.

RazoR
May 18 2014, 02:32:44 PM
Just reminding that arcade is for faggots. I don't like markers in RB and zoomed in only view in SB though.

How to deal with Stug if your gun is shit: FLANK DAT BIATCH. Or shoot his bottom plate and driver's visor in close.

Both sniping and agressive works, depending on the situation.

Both russians and germans are cool, there is very few bad tanks and only one imba (fucking shermanaghhjhvahsds).

Isyel
May 18 2014, 03:03:13 PM
sherman is not op anymore since they sneakily raised its BR :P

dominus
May 18 2014, 03:47:57 PM
So.. Realistic battles or Simulation battles?

What is your default playmode?

Isyel
May 18 2014, 04:00:12 PM
Sim <3

Smegs
May 18 2014, 05:14:36 PM
Really not enjoying this atm ... it's like driving and trying to aim through molasses. Even the BT7, which apparently has a fast turning turret, im having to turn the whole tank as the quite simply the turret doesn't fucking move. When you finally get to shoot at something, it takes about 10 hits to kill anything, even when looking for the yellow reticle and using the AP ammo... one hit in return leads to an almost wreaked tank... the second shot IS a wreaked tank. Trying to repair is utterly pointless as you have to limp half a map away in order not to get ganked whilst being immobile.

Watched quite a few guides and vids and all the people playing get a good 3 - 4 single hit kills per round... i'm just not getting anything like that. Trying to flank the opposition is fucking pointless as after 3 shots into their sides the opposition get the idea, turn their turret and often 1 shot me .. Even found an afk t50 and took 8 shots at it with the stock t28 gun .... nothing except +1 after +1, even after moving round the t50 to shoot it in the sides and rear.

What am i doing wrong? :/

Also it seems quite a lot of the WoT plebs have moved over as the camping is already horrendous.

Varcaus
May 18 2014, 05:18:47 PM
Tanks are slow no super speed turrets here.
Learn to aim and get 1 shot kills.
Arcade is a shit fest due to massive arrows over your head and the pen marker.

May 18 2014, 06:28:57 PM
Really not enjoying this atm ... it's like driving and trying to aim through molasses. Even the BT7, which apparently has a fast turning turret, im having to turn the whole tank as the quite simply the turret doesn't fucking move. When you finally get to shoot at something, it takes about 10 hits to kill anything, even when looking for the yellow reticle and using the AP ammo... one hit in return leads to an almost wreaked tank... the second shot IS a wreaked tank. Trying to repair is utterly pointless as you have to limp half a map away in order not to get ganked whilst being immobile.

Watched quite a few guides and vids and all the people playing get a good 3 - 4 single hit kills per round... i'm just not getting anything like that. Trying to flank the opposition is fucking pointless as after 3 shots into their sides the opposition get the idea, turn their turret and often 1 shot me .. Even found an afk t50 and took 8 shots at it with the stock t28 gun .... nothing except +1 after +1, even after moving round the t50 to shoot it in the sides and rear.

What am i doing wrong? :/

Also it seems quite a lot of the WoT plebs have moved over as the camping is already horrendous.

get out of arcade, and if you want to stay there it's the green cross you're meant to go for. also pure AP ammo is only ever good if you really can't pen otherwise - when it pens it does very little damage. APHE or similar is the best all-arounder

Smegs
May 18 2014, 07:19:18 PM
get out of arcade, and if you want to stay there it's the green cross you're meant to go for. also pure AP ammo is only ever good if you really can't pen otherwise - when it pens it does very little damage. APHE or similar is the best all-arounder

Thanks for the information on the ammo, although it does seem to go against suggestions in the other thread. Arcade does indeed seem like a shitfest.

I generally aim lower rear quarter between tracks on the sides for engine shots or side of turrets for commander/gunner ganking. Although i didn't know about the 'just below turret' for ammo racks as well. I have seen a couple of vids that show the crew positions. Anywhere guides to show where they are on each tank? How the fuck do you actually get 1 shot kills ... Guides pls. Seek and ye shall find and all that but there is rather a derth of info on OBT at the moment that isn't just showing the shiny stuff.

oh and are there any mods that actually make the minimap useful. no friendlies, enemies or cap locations are showing up atm..

RazoR
May 18 2014, 07:21:46 PM
BT7, which apparently has a fast turning turret:psyblown:

Nooby
May 18 2014, 07:25:57 PM
russian tanks op c/d

RazoR
May 18 2014, 07:28:40 PM
russian tanks op c/dmehhhhh
First tier is a rollercoaster.

First two T-34 are OP (just like irl), 57 and 85 are glass cannons.
TDs are either glorious derp or proper bushwackers, SU-85 is ideal for Kursk.
KV and IS are difficult to utilize.

May 18 2014, 07:30:38 PM

Thanks for the information on the ammo, although it does seem to go against suggestions in the other thread. Arcade does indeed seem like a shitfest.

I generally aim lower rear quarter between tracks on the sides for engine shots or side of turrets for commander/gunner ganking. Although i didn't know about the 'just below turret' for ammo racks as well. I have seen a couple of vids that show the crew positions. Anywhere guides to show where they are on each tank? How the fuck do you actually get 1 shot kills ... Guides pls. Seek and ye shall find and all that but there is rather a derth of info on OBT at the moment that isn't just showing the shiny stuff.

oh and are there any mods that actually make the minimap useful. no friendlies, enemies or cap locations are showing up atm..

for ammo think of it like a sliding scale;

HE (barely any pen, but huge damage) APHE and similar (good pen, good damage) AP (excellent pen, low damage)

most of the time you'll be in the middle of the scale, so AP with HE component is ideal. pure AP is pretty much when you just can't pen (KV's etc) and want to do *any* damage, and pure HE is when you don't need to worry about pen (open topped things, AA nests)

for one shots as a general tip either go for hatches/viewports (it's rare you won't be able to hit one), or where you know ammo is stored.

RazoR
May 18 2014, 07:40:19 PM
AP has only slightly better pen than APHE so you are better off using APCR if you absolutely need to pen something.
For an F-34/ZiS-5 i take around 2/3 APHE (MD-8) and 1/3 APCR.

Also the consensus is taking or having less ammo helps getting it critted instead of detonated.

Calbanite
May 18 2014, 08:29:26 PM
The Russian 122 (D25-T) guns get APHEBC. Does that mean they get Penetration increase AND don't have to sacrifice damage? Muzzle velocity is the same as well so accuracy shouldn't be affected to bad.

Also with standard APHE on the 122mm guns (IS2-3-4) you can't pen a King/Jagd-Tiger unless you hit that lower plate. I assume you could go through the front turret of a KT at point blank range 180mm of armor vs 183mm of penetration. I can really only speak for the Jagdtiger because its the only tiger variant in the test drive field.

Speaking of the Jagdtiger... I feel sorry for anyone in front of it.

Lief Siddhe
May 18 2014, 08:49:28 PM
I really want to like this, but it just seems like an even worse camp-and-snipe-oneshotfest than WoT.

I like the big maps, probably not enjoying cause i got shit tanks and am a bad (germans tier 1 are so shit compared to russians it's not funny) but i dunno, they might have gone just a bit overboard with tank sluggishness. From what I see now, the game comes down to finding a camping sniper spot overlooking a cap point and farming kills. Tank models are awesome, maps I like, but I dunno, something in the gameplay...

Varcaus
May 18 2014, 09:01:47 PM
I really want to like this, but it just seems like an even worse camp-and-snipe-oneshotfest than WoT.

I like the big maps, probably not enjoying cause i got shit tanks and am a bad (germans tier 1 are so shit compared to russians it's not funny) but i dunno, they might have gone just a bit overboard with tank sluggishness. From what I see now, the game comes down to finding a camping sniper spot overlooking a cap point and farming kills. Tank models are awesome, maps I like, but I dunno, something in the gameplay...

Your awful and bad stug shits all over the russian line up and the panzer 4 can as well.

metacannibal
May 18 2014, 09:17:42 PM

You are doing something wrong, stop playing arcade, start moving out, the german pz3 tree is awesome esp. the pz3m.

May 18 2014, 09:29:35 PM
pz2 with hvap owns as well

Calbanite
May 18 2014, 09:38:47 PM
Simulator is cool, but it takes me 10+ minutes to find a match.

Then I get stuck on Kursk where the accuracy of the 75mm l/43 sucks dick.

Armor / Tactics doesn't mean shit on arcade where everyone can just wall hack you and have the computer aim their gun for them.

Varcaus
May 18 2014, 09:47:53 PM
Don't play germans get games?

Alistair
May 18 2014, 10:09:36 PM
WT Tonks, better looking, better maps, better gameplay but harder-to-be-decent than WoT.

But WoT still has Brits, and WT doesn't so....

Also Planes Arcade-4-Life, Tonks Realistic-4-Life.

Hel OWeen
May 18 2014, 11:03:43 PM
(how to know how badly tank is damaged? is there an HP pool?)

When you hit a tank, a big panel appears on the top right of your screen, with a detailed readout of the enemy modules and crew members and their respective states (color-coded). Much better than in WoT, whre the only visible crit is when a tank is tracked. In WT you get to know if the enemy's engine or gun or loader is damaged/unconsious. Which helps in decision making (advance and flank or retreat to cover).

RazoR
May 18 2014, 11:46:06 PM
Much better than in WoT, whre the only visible crit is when a tank is tracked.sobad

http://onebit.us/x/i/LIlo6zCM6l.jpg

Varcaus
May 18 2014, 11:48:31 PM
zis-30 would be good if it had more ammo.

This is also back to crashing after every alt tab.

Lief Siddhe
May 19 2014, 12:04:25 AM
on the one hand, i just got the tier 2 pz3, is cool

on the other hand, fuck all the camping sniping cumfucks, jesus christ the amount of camping retards is even worse than in wot, fuck this. also how the fuck do people snapshot me from 300 meters while driving, my goddamn aiming reticule jumps all over the place while driving :tankrage:

Varcaus
May 19 2014, 12:08:50 AM
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/796321129821153141/2A42CB7A47B6EB746D960D1C154CBA2579E26EB2/

Isyel
May 19 2014, 06:25:35 AM
WT Tonks, better looking, better maps, better gameplay but harder-to-be-decent than WoT.

But WoT still has Brits, and WT doesn't so....

Also Planes Arcade-4-Life, Tonks Realistic-4-Life.

You bad. Realistic planes 4 life, sim tanks 4 life, i think anyone sane can agree.

on the one hand, i just got the tier 2 pz3, is cool

on the other hand, fuck all the camping sniping cumfucks, jesus christ the amount of camping retards is even worse than in wot, fuck this. also how the fuck do people snapshot me from 300 meters while driving, my goddamn aiming reticule jumps all over the place while driving :tankrage:

Pure luck? fire blindly and sometimes you hit is all :P

Kilabi
May 19 2014, 07:36:29 AM
Fuck all cunts not enjoying the game exactly the way I do. *coolbrosfistbump*
Am I cool and edgy now too?

Dat tapatapatapatalk

Isyel
May 19 2014, 08:14:08 AM
Fuck all cunts not enjoying the game exactly the way I do. *coolbrosfistbump*
Am I cool and edgy now too?

Dat tapatapatapatalk

of course!

are you new to fhc or something?

(i do have objective reasons for saying sim tanks are better tho, as the spotting system is completely broken. Planes are indeed a matter of preference)

Kilabi
May 19 2014, 10:24:26 AM
You mean, subjective reasons?

If the system is broken or doesnīt matter. There will still be people around rather playing a WoT style game with better engine and damage model than sim battles.

The respawn mode alone is a very good reason to play arcade instead of real/sim. Single card, multi spawn is shit and forces most players to play very cautious and kill-centric instead of objective based like the arcade ruleset encourages.
So, no, your reasons are not objective and are still only your opinion and not some kind of universal truth.

Isyel
May 19 2014, 10:29:31 AM

If the system is broken or doesnīt matter. There will still be people around rather playing a WoT style game with better engine and damage model than sim battles.

The respawn mode alone is a very good reason to play arcade instead of real/sim. Single card, multi spawn is shit and forces most players to play very cautious and kill-centric instead of objective based like the arcade ruleset encourages.
So, no, your reasons are not objective and are still only your opinion and not some kind of universal truth.

you do realise that the arcade bullshit spotting and pen marker is nothing like WOT either right?

do kindly fuck off, i wasnt even serious in the first post but if you decide youre going all dumbcunt on this then here you go

yes, they are objective reasons: the gameplay is ruined completely by TDs being able to sit on the other side of the map one shotting people through all the foliage and crap on the map, and if that somehow sounds right to you you really must be an absolute lunatic

even WOT is a miles better as it actually has a spotting mechanic making that impossible unless somebody else is at risk in range of them

no amount of other goodies (respawns) will help a fundamentally broken game... at least in realistic without the pen marker and only the spotting stuff it works ok as you cant just blindly shoot. when the spotting is fixed there will be nothing wrong with arcade, until then it can go suck a dick

but i suppose you must love it as it just means you can play like an absolute dumb cunt and still have even bigger dumb cunts keep suiciding into you

Kilabi
May 19 2014, 10:37:45 AM

you do realise that the arcade bullshit spotting and pen marker is nothing like WOT either right?

do kindly fuck off, i wasnt even serious in the first post but if you decide youre going all dumbcunt on this then here you go

yes, they are objective reasons: the gameplay is ruined completely by TDs being able to sit on the other side of the map one shotting people through all the foliage and crap on the map, and if that somehow sounds right to you you really must be an absolute lunatic

even WOT is a miles better as it actually has a spotting mechanic making that impossible unless somebody else is at risk in range of them

no amount of other goodies (respawns) will help a fundamentally broken game... at least in realistic without the pen marker and only the spotting stuff it works ok as you cant just blindly shoot. when the spotting is fixed there will be nothing wrong with arcade, until then it can go suck a dick

but i suppose you must love it as it just means you can play like an absolute dumb cunt and still have even bigger dumb cunts keep suiciding into you

You seem kind of mad. Are you kind of mad?
No matter what you spout and shout here, it is your opinion not a fact. I understand it is hard to grasp at first but no matter what you are only a tiny small part of the world and not the center of it.
But keep telling yourself you are pretty 1337 for playing hardcore simulator battle with your internet tanks.

Very nice arguments but I donīt care about it. I am playing sim exclusively except when I play with friends who want to play arcade. So no, I wont suck your cock. I know it is your only chance to get a dick sucked at all. But trust me, asking on the internet rarely leads to the outcome you are looking for.

Isyel
May 19 2014, 10:41:55 AM
You're the one who went all autistic after a not at all serious post.

I do love how you had to defend yourself with "i play sim all the time when i'm not with them" as if it matters. It's broken, you know it's broken, but do keep going on about it. Who's the one trying to appear 1337 here? Priceless.

Kilabi
May 19 2014, 11:01:48 AM
You are mad for sure.

Dat tapatapatapatalk

Lief Siddhe
May 19 2014, 11:04:37 AM
the fact my gunner and loader die on every fucking shot i take, leaving me to just watch some cunt finish me for 30 seconds, is even more rage inducing than fucking wot. at least there you could semieffectively fight a retard who got the jump on you until you were dead by using terrain, here 80% of the time spent in combat (which is mostly getting sniped by some campercunt from 400+ meters while i'm trying to push around some fucking rock and it takes ages) my tank either cant shoot, aim, turn the turret or drive and repairs last a fucking minute.

RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sp4m
May 19 2014, 11:25:53 AM
the fact my gunner and loader die on every fucking shot i take, leaving me to just watch some cunt finish me for 30 seconds, is even more rage inducing than fucking wot. at least there you could semieffectively fight a retard who got the jump on you until you were dead by using terrain, here 80% of the time spent in combat (which is mostly getting sniped by some campercunt from 400+ meters while i'm trying to push around some fucking rock and it takes ages) my tank either cant shoot, aim, turn the turret or drive and repairs last a fucking minute.

Put vitality points into your gunner and loader? Like lots?

Anyway. I started this on friday or something, got the T2 pz3 or smething (I really want a tiger!) and its awsome, kinda figured the ammo thing out on my own but wish I had realised erlier as I had a bunch of games where i'd pen but do fuck all damage, guess the rounds just go right through.

Also really enjoying the Pooowerrrsliiiiideeee mode of bustin in and poppin caps in sturmpanzer asses.

can't wait for tiger.

also, anyone have a tiger?

And razor can I join your faggy clan plz?

May 19 2014, 11:57:22 AM
tiger is shit (get panther)

May 19 2014, 12:15:42 PM
zis-30 would be good if it had more ammo.

This is also back to crashing after every alt tab.

when you only need 1-2 shots it has plenty ammo

Sp4m
May 19 2014, 12:32:14 PM
tiger is shit (get panther)

Please not another game where tiger sucks :(

iLOL
May 19 2014, 01:22:51 PM
some advise regarding how to train tank crews?

Sp4m
May 19 2014, 02:18:54 PM
some advise regarding how to train tank crews?

Not confirmed but apparently the skills arn't actually working

anyway, use tank/crew and then in garage right click tank and then crew skills page?

RazoR
May 19 2014, 02:21:56 PM
tiger is shit (get panther)Please not another game where tiger sucks :(He's just awful. Tiger is the best sniper there is, Jagdpanther close second. Didn't play SU-100 though, supposed to be at least as good as the latter.
And razor can I join your faggy clan plz?You can but it's full of russians so i can't see why you should.

Accipiter
May 19 2014, 02:24:12 PM
Since quite a few ppl in know playing tonks shed bitter tears when they get shot by a SU-122: Is it a little murder machine? Also it seems the *Motherland* is once again doing quite fine with their AP/HE-shell combo?

RazoR
May 19 2014, 02:34:15 PM
Since quite a few ppl in know playing tonks shed bitter tears when they get shot by a SU-122: Is it a little murder machine? Also it seems the *Motherland* is once again doing quite fine with their AP/HE-shell combo?Yes, 122+ HE kill or severely cripple anything.
SU-152 is as ridiculous as it was irl. That said it will get absolutely creamed in arcade and to a lesser extent in RB as surprise is it's only weapon.

Ferdinand gets his engine fucked and set on fire by a 122 HE to the face. Never mind the crew and the gun.

Elmnt80
May 19 2014, 03:17:00 PM
Its a ferdinand. Its engine probably overheats going up the hills on kursk, since we're going for historicalness here.

Isyel
May 19 2014, 03:51:43 PM
tiger is shit (get panther)Please not another game where tiger sucks :(He's just awful. Tiger is the best sniper there is, Jagdpanther close second. Didn't play SU-100 though, supposed to be at least as good as the latter.
And razor can I join your faggy clan plz?You can but it's full of russians so i can't see why you should.

Tiger 2s maybe but the basic tiger is worse than the basic panthers. Either way they're both great so go for whichever one you prefer.

Kraken
May 19 2014, 04:01:55 PM
Arcade is a stupid mode. its basically- if you have more tanks in more slots you win. I keep 1 seperate slot dedicated to a tank, which is fine as i play the right game mode- simulation. in WOT, you lose a tank, you pick another. 15min games. whatever. in this game rounds are far longer, they need far more distance travelled and flanking is flanking.

Simulation is great fun as you really have to value that tank. If you die you might get another go if its a light or medium so its less harsh but still, you cant be wasteful. you will run out of ammo otherwise (on kursk) so when you get to the last 5shells shooting a KV, have to think, keep trying to kill it from 600-700m or charge at it otherwise you might waste those last 5 rounds and then you are a useless tank.

Its good for all these reasons. If you are going to play Realistic I dont know why you wouldnt play Simulation for Tanks. its just a more restricted view but thats ok. + fewer planes as playing on Sim with a plane with tanks isnt likely and if you do bombing is far harder with one. (once they get enabled again).

You get more XP and stuff for playing on Simulation too so faster progression and more skilled play. good stuff.

Sp4m
May 19 2014, 04:05:02 PM

Tiger 2s maybe but the basic tiger is worse than the basic panthers. Either way they're both great so go for whichever one you prefer.

To be brutal -

This games Tier system is so linear that I'll have to get both the panther and the tiger anyway to unlock the tiger 2, so why not just have both

and for once I'll have a game I can use both in and be able to choose situationally (gametype/map/team compositon)

I love war thunder. Its just everything I wanted WoT to be.

and I dont care Razor as long as yu speak english?

or do you not?

May 19 2014, 05:12:01 PM
panther is better than tiger in most situations because a) you get two of them and b) they can cast magic missile and uav

obv 88mm is nice and so on, but the panthers 75mm isn't exactly a peashooter.

Calbanite
May 19 2014, 07:29:10 PM
75mm l/70 is plenty powerful enough to punch through shit at range.

Also wtf is with disappearing tanks. Is that a bug or a game mechanic? I bet the first.

Lief Siddhe
May 19 2014, 08:04:37 PM
it's a game mechanic

Torashuu
May 19 2014, 08:43:53 PM

400m is purtty damn close. Snipin is done from 1km+ onwards.

Lief Siddhe
May 19 2014, 10:02:08 PM
fucking campfest. disgusting.

Isyel
May 19 2014, 11:46:46 PM
fucking campfest. disgusting.

Welcome to tank fights? I'm not sure what you expected?

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 12:10:51 AM
Can't really pass judgment until i can fly above, but "fun" gameplay I wouldn't label it atm.

helgur
May 20 2014, 12:29:27 AM
Fucking magic missile and UAV

Varcaus
May 20 2014, 12:45:10 AM
Can't really pass judgment until i can fly above, but "fun" gameplay I wouldn't label it atm.

I'm a scrub bawwwww

Dirk Magnum
May 20 2014, 01:18:34 AM
I haven't seen the campfests yet after a couple dozen games. Even the TDs stay mobile.

May 20 2014, 01:29:39 AM
even though tanks generally did camp you can't really camp for long anyway because a) map spotting and b)ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING ENEMY ARTILLERY INCOMING

helgur
May 20 2014, 01:53:15 AM
Last match I engaged 3 mediums. They could have easily flanked me, instead they choose to spam artillery at my position ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

ENEMY IS PREPARING FOR AN ARTILLERY BARRAGE

Not annoying at all. No siree

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 02:45:54 AM
whoever put the t50 ingame can go fuck his dead mother

Varcaus
May 20 2014, 02:58:58 AM

Learn2aim seriously how bad at this can you be?

helgur
May 20 2014, 03:12:15 AM

Learn2aim seriously how bad at this can you be?

Yes Lief, seriously. Do you think this is a motherfucking game?!

Varcaus
May 20 2014, 03:16:49 AM
I don't think there is something he hasnt had trouble with and the t-50 is fairly easy to fuck up plus you can flip the damn thing with pz4/stug.

Calbanite
May 20 2014, 04:07:26 AM
t-50 is not "easy" to fuck up if you are firing early version German ping pong balls at it. Not all of us have the murderbox (aka Stug A) at Tier 1. Well I DO but that's besides the point.

Torashuu
May 20 2014, 07:10:40 AM
Dont worry though its the first and last soviet tank that will give you trouble

RazoR
May 20 2014, 07:18:40 AM
Dont worry though its the first and last soviet tank that will give you troubleu wot m8

http://www.precision-panzer.moonfruit.com/communities/9/004/006/621/409/images/4539017418.jpg

KV/IS are generally tough to pen from the front from 200+ with a med tank gun.

QuackBot
May 20 2014, 08:00:11 AM
And the last.

Kilabi
May 20 2014, 08:04:04 AM
And the last.

And the first.

Dat tapatapatapatalk

RazoR
May 20 2014, 08:13:21 AM
And the last.

And the first.

Dat tapatapatapatalk

Yeah 1st tier is a bitch.

But so is 2nd for russians because shermans. arhgjhgsdgskdvsvjdhsvkvsvv

helgur
May 20 2014, 09:15:41 AM
Who would have thought after all the lolz and grief the sherman have been given by armchair historians around the world, it would make such a strong comeback?

IT DESERVES ITS SPOT IN THE SUN

Isyel
May 20 2014, 09:32:02 AM
Who would have thought after all the lolz and grief the sherman have been given by armchair historians around the world, it would make such a strong comeback?

IT DESERVES ITS SPOT IN THE SUN

most people really are morons about the shermans

it was a perfectly good tank when it came out (if you look at it in a game stat kind of way), thing is it was used for a very very long time... kind of like the whole zero thing i suppose :P

Hoggbert
May 20 2014, 09:41:09 AM
Also, most nerds seem to think tanks are there primarily to shoot other tanks.
As a Wargame-nerd i know otherwise, tanks should do a couple of things:
a) armor to resist autocannons/machineguns and all (non bazooka) infantry arms
b) gun to fuck up infantry and light vehicles
c) machinegun to really fuck up infantry
d)mobility to get into position to fuck up infantry and light vehicles quickly

All of these the sherman did well, ergo good tank. (disregard that this is per now a tank on tank only game)

Sp4m
May 20 2014, 09:42:17 AM

All of these the sherman did well, ergo good tank. (disregard that this is per now a tank on tank only game)

Hey Hog, sorry couldn't play lost yesterday, and when did was quiet.. stupid baby ;)

also game of thrones was good.

RazoR
May 20 2014, 09:59:29 AM

All of these the sherman did well, ergo good tank. (disregard that this is per now a tank on tank only game)Look how smart you are.

Sherman is still a giant pile of shit next to T-34 and Panther.

Isyel
May 20 2014, 10:14:53 AM
T34 of the same year? yeah... no.

RazoR
May 20 2014, 10:26:42 AM
T34 of the same year? yeah... no.Of 44? Yeah... yes.

Bigger and better armored turret with a better gun and vastly superior mobility.

helgur
May 20 2014, 10:43:39 AM
Witness accounts from US servicemen in Sherman's facing North Korean T-34/85's pretty much is summed up by

"lol, just gtfo, don't even try. Kthxbye"

Hoggbert
May 20 2014, 10:47:15 AM
Sherman had better optics and the Easy 8 of '44 had the high velocity 76mm gun. In the korean war the sherman and t-34-85 proved to be more or less equal as both could kill the other if they hit. Shermans optics often gave it the first (and killing) hit.
Both the T-34 and Sherman was close enough in performance that it didnt matter much, both filled their roles adequatly.
Panther is something else entirely, a heavy tank designed to take on other tanks primarily.

RazoR
May 20 2014, 10:48:56 AM
Witness accounts from US servicemen in Pershings facing North Korean T-34/85's pretty much is summed up by

"lol, just gtfo, don't even try. Kthxbye"fyp

T-34 was outdated by Kursk, same as Sherman.

helgur
May 20 2014, 10:53:58 AM
Pershings

Americans faced the North Koreans with Shermans and M-24's in the beginning when all they had to draw on to hastily defend the crumbling front lines in the opening stages of the conflict where garrison units from Japan

RazoR
May 20 2014, 10:56:42 AM
PershingsAmericans faced the North Koreans with Shermans and M-24's in the beginning when all they had to draw on to hastily defend the crumbling front lines in the opening stages of the conflict where garrison units from Japank mate

Still don't get why we are discussing soviet tank utilization program.

Torashuu
May 20 2014, 11:14:06 AM
Kvs last a bit yes but generally are combat ineffective in one or two hits. Only difference is the nazi tanks that face them have to aim at weakspots instead of blindly firing in the general direction to get the kill. And yes the 152 is brilliant for one shotting. Doesnt actually move well though so getting into a position to shoot is not as convenient as in a medium fe.

RazoR
May 20 2014, 11:22:27 AM
Kvs last a bit yes but generally are combat ineffective in one or two hits. Only difference is the nazi tanks that face them have to aim at weakspots instead of blindly firing in the general direction to get the kill. And yes the 152 is brilliant for one shotting. Doesnt actually move well though so getting into a position to shoot is not as convenient as in a medium fe.In a perfect world teammates would engage those who demasked themselves by firing on a heavy tank.

And yes, SU-122 can rush, outflank and sodomize most tanks.
Like the sherman.

http://onebit.us/x/i/pNfKnnnZLl.jpg

SU-152 is slightly faster than Tiger but turns way too slow so it's bound to corners.

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 11:32:16 AM
I don't think there is something he hasnt had trouble with and the t-50 is fairly easy to fuck up plus you can flip the damn thing with pz4/stug.

oh i'm sorry, i thought this is FHC, a place where I can express my rage from the 1st day of playing WT tanks with 0 knowledge of maps, unupgraded equipment and crew, with 37/45/50mm guns going vs 122mm guns, not "suckgaijindickcentral" with "this game is perfect, ur a scrub"

and let me add to the t50 statement: IN THE MOUTH

but i'm guessing Varc is one of the "pros" in the game who knows the best snipespots and chokepoints and how to abuse bushspotting (oh hi irritating WoT mechanics, fancy seeing you here too), yeah hard to dislike the game when you can farm newbies allday, erryday. So much skill required.

now i'm off to continue adding to my positive k/d ratio with my whooping pz3

helgur
May 20 2014, 11:36:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9cmGhKI.gif

We need more rageposts like this

+rep

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 11:38:12 AM
You ain't seen shit yet.

edit: here I go (bear in mind i'm only up to tier 2) - this is another piece of shit tank game with OP russian bullshit tanks because :historicalreasons:, with spotting and shooting through soft cover mechanics even WORSE than WoT, which i didnt think was possible (mainly cause you can spot someone a kilometer away if just an inch of his tank is visible between 8345 leaves and bushes that lie between you) and if a panzer 3 is this sluggish i fear to think what Tiger gameplay will be like (probably "sit behind a rock 126 meters from spawn, spot through bushes, kill 4 people 500 meters away who never even saw you, feel pro, until a 152mm you never saw oneshots your shit") and with more oneshots and ammoracks than in wot.

As an aircombat game, WT is awesome. As a joint planes/tanks/ships forces game, it's gonna rock. As a tank simulator (aka slow tactical movement, campy combat), it's good. As a tank game (aka drive around and wreck shit trolololol), it's shit. Arcade mode should die in a fire, unfortunately it seems it's the only game mode where i dont have to wait for 5+ minutes to actually play one.

joking aside, i'm seriously fighting my own tank 30% of the time (where the fuck is my turret turning, SWITCH THE FUCKING GEAR ALREADY), the environment 50% of the time (getting wrecked tracks from driving under a wing of a crashed bomber, pro collision detection there, not to mention the small halfvisible rocks and stumps that a 15ton caterpillared vehicle cant drive over LOL, also i guess gravity from Dark Souls is trying to get me here too), getting shot from the blind 15% of the time and 5% of the time i get a :goodfight: (when i dont get instagibbed, ammoracked, or my gunner/driver/loader die from the first shot)

But since i'm a masochist who likes ww2 crap, i'll keep playing.

tl;dr: My only "real" gripes are actually spotting markers (they should only work if someone targets you, reports to team, and you're within xy meters from it, otherwise use eyeball mk1) and an opinion that tanks are too sluggish, which makes a lot of players go to campmode and not enough maneuvering across the map only to be sniped by a cunt in a KV1 behind a bush and a rock. They need to allow planes in tankfights ASAP.

Alistair
May 20 2014, 01:42:18 PM
So my earlier praise might have been...premature.

Short-barrel StuG III is my first non-reserve tank. God, the fail is hard on this one. So much so the exp to get the mods is proving tiresomely slow for a Tier I vehicle.

No armor, huge dropping shell path, no pen at any distance, vs. literally anything, and no abillity to hit weakpoints unless right next to them. And if next to anything, it gets one shot.

Russian first non-Reserve fared a bit better (got the T something or other), fast as all hell, but again, one shot meat in most fights.

Hel OWeen
May 20 2014, 01:43:16 PM

Put vitality points into your gunner and loader? Like lots?

As an alternative: Press "J" for longer than 3 seconds, mount new vehicle, go back into action and seek revenge, something impossible in WoT.

Sp4m
May 20 2014, 01:45:05 PM
You ain't seen shit yet.

edit: here I go (bear in mind i'm only up to tier 2) - this is another piece of shit tank game with OP russian bullshit tanks because :historicalreasons:, with spotting and shooting through soft cover mechanics even WORSE than WoT, which i didnt think was possible (mainly cause you can spot someone a kilometer away if just an inch of his tank is visible between 8345 leaves and bushes that lie between you) and if a panzer 3 is this sluggish i fear to think what Tiger gameplay will be like (probably "sit behind a rock 126 meters from spawn, spot through bushes, kill 4 people 500 meters away who never even saw you, feel pro, until a 152mm you never saw oneshots your shit") and with more oneshots and ammoracks than in wot.

As an aircombat game, WT is awesome. As a joint planes/tanks/ships forces game, it's gonna rock. As a tank simulator (aka slow tactical movement, campy combat), it's good. As a tank game (aka drive around and wreck shit trolololol), it's shit. Arcade mode should die in a fire, unfortunately it seems it's the only game mode where i dont have to wait for 5+ minutes to actually play one.

joking aside, i'm seriously fighting my own tank 30% of the time (where the fuck is my turret turning, SWITCH THE FUCKING GEAR ALREADY), the environment 50% of the time (getting wrecked tracks from driving under a wing of a crashed bomber, pro collision detection there, not to mention the small halfvisible rocks and stumps that a 15ton caterpillared vehicle cant drive over LOL, also i guess gravity from Dark Souls is trying to get me here too), getting shot from the blind 15% of the time and 5% of the time i get a :goodfight: (when i dont get instagibbed, ammoracked, or my gunner/driver/loader die from the first shot)

But since i'm a masochist who likes ww2 crap, i'll keep playing.

tl;dr: My only "real" gripes are actually spotting markers (they should only work if someone targets you, reports to team, and you're within xy meters from it, otherwise use eyeball mk1) and an opinion that tanks are too sluggish, which makes a lot of players go to campmode and not enough maneuvering across the map only to be sniped by a cunt in a KV1 behind a bush and a rock. They need to allow planes in tankfights ASAP.

I would agree with you but for so many reasons that its right:

Movement is fluid and interesting, not clunky like WoT

Respawning if it does go tits up and I get one shot (no more waiting 10min to play a tank I want)

Arcade mode is there if you wanna derp, if you aren't having fun derping in arcade, doing it wrong.

Sim with no markers is where its at for competitive play tbh... dont go realistic because the markers are dumb, agree'd but theres a setting/gamemode without it so its your call.

annnnnnd dunno what your on about with half-visible rocks n stumps n shit maybe get ur eyes checked meight. xD have literally had 0 problems with "things that my tanks can't get through" hell I even smashed through a wall and off a cliff and landed it in my pz3 ^-^

Hoggbert
May 20 2014, 01:49:53 PM
I find the spotting mechanics to be dire as well, which is why i stick to simulator battles.
The way arty works and current spotting mechanics are the two largest weakpoints of the game imo.
As for germans at T1, yeah russians have an edge there, move above and beyond t1 and you cant talk about russian bias with a straight face, PZ4 from f2 and onwards, TDs past the first stug are all pretty amazing.
That t-34 chassis which was amazing at t1 early t2 is getting very very soft once you meet panthers, pz4/70s and the other nasties.
However, in order to get sane queuetimes, russian tanks are the way to go as theres too many german fanbois in the world.

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 01:58:39 PM
Simulator battles would be awesome if only they put the camera another 1m behind the commander so i could actually see where my tank and turret are pointing :/

Hoggbert
May 20 2014, 02:06:36 PM
Takes a little getting used to, just use mouselook/minimap to orient thyself.
Simulator battles are a lot less frustrating than arcade in my humble onion

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 02:13:48 PM
Im mostly playing realistic, tbh, seems like the perfect combination of time to start/respawns/action, but goddamn spotting markers

Hoggbert
May 20 2014, 02:24:33 PM
Sim is the same as realistic except the view on your own tank and lack of spotting markers (those markers you seem to hate).

Dave1180
May 20 2014, 02:32:14 PM
I've not had any major drama with the waiting time for sim battles, there's even been a few instances of people commenting in the chat that its quicker to get in and there's more people playing in the sim mode..

RazoR
May 20 2014, 02:33:38 PM

Short-barrel StuG III is my first non-reserve tank. God, the fail is hard on this one. So much so the exp to get the mods is proving tiresomely slow for a Tier I vehicle.

No armor, huge dropping shell path, no pen at any distanceThis is where i stopped reading and started facepalming. Have you tried HEAT?

That said ammo type in this gaem (much like irl) really matters.

Sp4m
May 20 2014, 02:33:44 PM
I find the spotting mechanics to be dire as well, which is why i stick to simulator battles.
The way arty works and current spotting mechanics are the two largest weakpoints of the game imo.
As for germans at T1, yeah russians have an edge there, move above and beyond t1 and you cant talk about russian bias with a straight face, PZ4 from f2 and onwards, TDs past the first stug are all pretty amazing.
That t-34 chassis which was amazing at t1 early t2 is getting very very soft once you meet panthers, pz4/70s and the other nasties.
However, in order to get sane queuetimes, russian tanks are the way to go as theres too many german fanbois in the world.

I don't know if its so much German fanbois or if its anti-Russian sentiment at the moment.

I for one, have put a little Ukraine flag on my tonk :P

RazoR
May 20 2014, 02:37:44 PM
Re: SB/RB

I get the notion that actual SB should have manual gear and brake control with historical viewports (as it is done in planes with gunner/bombradier positions coming soon™). What we have now is phantom commander looking out of the hatch.
And the SB we have now is gonna be RB. With the addition of nonshit 3pv from current RB.

Don't forget that there is much to be changed. Planes weren't this good two years ago so harden or shut the fuck up~~

Marko Box
May 20 2014, 02:39:13 PM
Im mostly playing realistic, tbh, seems like the perfect combination of time to start/respawns/action, but goddamn spotting markers

Play sim, and use litl icon in bottom left to tell you where your tank is pointing, also turn off foliage in sim otherwise you will get recked.
Dont play germans or if you are masochistic and you want to play germans rush to pz4 f2, and stug with same gun, rest t1/2 is shit.

RazoR
May 20 2014, 02:45:50 PM

Play sim, and use litl icon in bottom left to tell you where your tank is pointing, also turn off foliage in sim otherwise you will get recked.
Dont play germans or if you are masochistic and you want to play germans rush to pz4 f2, and stug with same gun, rest t1/2 is shit.Pz3 ausf L sends his regards.

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 02:52:52 PM
until you realize you could have gotten the same amount of xp to get a russian tank of the same tier with a bigger gun, more armor and better maneuverability

TMA how the fuck does this spotting/map markers work? i'm guessing all spotted enemy tanks appear on minimap, regardless who on my team spotted em, and i can only actually see tanks in my field of view (and not magical vision 360 circle shit a'la WoT)

TMA2 can i change the color of the arty aim circle? as it is, half the time i cant even see where the fuck i'm aiming it

TMA3 i still cant get fire extinguishers to work

Isyel
May 20 2014, 02:55:27 PM
The spotting is shit and broken as is arty but that's why sim battles are good. I don't get the bit about sluggishness etc. But I hate the wot controls so what do I know. See my rage posts against kilabi for details on opinions lol.

I do enjoy this a shitton and hope the spotting gets fixed soon to make it truly awesome.

RazoR
May 20 2014, 03:01:57 PM
until you realize you could have gotten the same amount of xp to get a russian tank of the same tier with a bigger gun, more armor and better maneuverability

TMA how the fuck does this spotting/map markers work? i'm guessing all spotted enemy tanks appear on minimap, regardless who on my team spotted em, and i can only actually see tanks in my field of view (and not magical vision 360 circle shit a'la WoT)

TMA2 can i change the color of the arty aim circle? as it is, half the time i cant even see where the fuck i'm aiming it

TMA3 i still cant get fire extinguishers to work1: idk lol but tank models are always rendered
2: have you tried going to options? many cool stuff there
3: press X to extinguish fire. works better with diesel lolololololololooloololollolololololololooloo

Marko Box
May 20 2014, 03:06:19 PM

TMA3 i still cant get fire extinguishers to work

Stop being bad, some1 allrady told you in other tread. You have to reset controls to default settings in order to map exstinguisher, or wait for them to patch that bug.

Sp4m
May 20 2014, 03:26:44 PM
My favourite strategy in arcade right now is to get a cheap/shit/fast tank to a capture point ASAP at the start, cap it, inevitably die, and then respawn in something uber and just kill anything trying to get to the cap.

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 03:32:37 PM
Anyone else getting an ocassional blackscreen crash or heard anything about them?

Sp4m
May 20 2014, 03:55:51 PM
Anyone else getting an ocassional blackscreen crash or heard anything about them?

I get it once in a while.

its usually like once every 3-4 games tho and the games are long so i don't mind too much

QuackBot
May 20 2014, 04:00:11 PM
1: idk lol but tank models are always rendered
2: have you tried going to options? many cool stuff there
3: press X to extinguish fire. works better with diesel lolololololololooloololollolololololololooloo
There better be a good one. But it would likely make military victories more favourable in longer games.

Alistair
May 20 2014, 07:02:55 PM

No armor, huge dropping shell path, no pen at any distanceThis is where i stopped reading and started facepalming. Have you tried HEAT?

That said ammo type in this gaem (much like irl) really matters.

Only whatever the starter ammo is, as stated, so low exp it's been a challenge to unlcok anything.

Lief Siddhe
May 20 2014, 07:52:47 PM
Another question: will there be a wipe post OB?

RazoR
May 20 2014, 08:11:17 PM
Another question: will there be a wipe post OB?http://media.giphy.com/media/1EL94FGJKh2pO/giphy.gif

http://img.pandawhale.com/76751-George-Carlin-shut-the-fuck-up-SIsd.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb2vzcF75p1r3gi71o1_500.gif

http://dc498.4shared.com/img/B5l6noOo/s3/I_said_shut_up.gif

http://img.pandawhale.com/93452-can-you-just-shut-the-fuck-up-miMF.gif

Varcaus
May 20 2014, 08:30:06 PM

oh i'm sorry, i thought this is FHC, a place where I can express my rage from the 1st day of playing WT tanks with 0 knowledge of maps, unupgraded equipment and crew, with 37/45/50mm guns going vs 122mm guns, not "suckgaijindickcentral" with "this game is perfect, ur a scrub"

and let me add to the t50 statement: IN THE MOUTH

but i'm guessing Varc is one of the "pros" in the game who knows the best snipespots and chokepoints and how to abuse bushspotting (oh hi irritating WoT mechanics, fancy seeing you here too), yeah hard to dislike the game when you can farm newbies allday, erryday. So much skill required.

now i'm off to continue adding to my positive k/d ratio with my whooping pz3
The best snipe spot is 50 meters behind and ignoring awful spotting mechanics and not playing arcade. But don't let the inability to learn 4 maps at tier 1 stop you from being angry. (I've plaid maybe 8 whole hours of tanks)

EDIT: fixed the number of maps.

Accipiter
May 20 2014, 08:52:58 PM
TMA crew skills: I get points and can either put them in tank or plane skills. Is it possible to train a crew to be decent in a plane and in a tank oder should I spent some coin to get five crews for each mode?

Calbanite
May 20 2014, 08:57:36 PM
Tank progression is so fucking stupid. I can see having to research X amount of tanks in every tier before you move to the next one, but having to buy all the damn tanks is going a bit too far. I just want a freaking Panther... welp gotta buy a Tiger too ffs. Arcade gives really shit XP where Sim gives 1k+ per kill, but it takes me ages to find Sim battles.

I'm also convinced that PZ4's are literally filled with tnt.

RazoR
May 20 2014, 09:27:29 PM
Tank progression is so fucking stupid. I can see having to research X amount of tanks in every tier before you move to the next one, but having to buy all the damn tanks is going a bit too far. I just want a freaking Panther... welp gotta buy a Tiger too ffs. Arcade gives really shit XP where Sim gives 1k+ per kill, but it takes me ages to find Sim battles.

I'm also convinced that PZ4's are literally filled with tnt.just fuck off back to MWO

http://onebit.us/x/i/GCcI2WABlo.jpg

Calbanite
May 20 2014, 10:24:37 PM
I've got more tanks than you m8

Step it up scrub

Working on the Hetzer now

May 20 2014, 10:40:22 PM
oh so someone did research the pz2f

RazoR
May 21 2014, 02:07:10 AM
HETZERS GONNA HETZ

http://onebit.us/x/i/vNq0191z5Q.jpg

Torashuu
May 21 2014, 09:16:23 AM

You wanna play simbattles without queue? Play Soviet. PZ4s are just fine once they get the 75mm, that shell trajectory so flat and once the F2 is obtained there is literally nothing can't kill by just blindly blapping it whereever.

VARRAKK
May 21 2014, 12:38:30 PM

Your ammo is kinda explosive :)

Isyel
May 21 2014, 12:55:02 PM

Your ammo is kinda explosive :)

that thing also has no armour whatsoever to speak of really, esp at the tiers its got good guns at

Herstal
May 21 2014, 01:28:46 PM
Supposedly having less ammo on board lowers the chance of an explosion, c/d?

Isyel
May 21 2014, 01:32:39 PM
Supposedly having less ammo on board lowers the chance of an explosion, c/d?

C

Alistair
May 21 2014, 01:53:05 PM
You wanna play simbattles without queue? Play Soviet.

Yup, far less wait time, and (IMO) easier tanks to play as a noob (like me) to WTTonks.

Lief Siddhe
May 21 2014, 01:56:02 PM
I'll give it a go again when they patch this blackscreen shit, now i can't even play planes more than a couple of battles before the game crashes :/

Kraken
May 21 2014, 04:09:19 PM
My favourite strategy in arcade right now is to get a cheap/shit/fast tank to a capture point ASAP at the start, cap it, inevitably die, and then respawn in something uber and just kill anything trying to get to the cap.

arcade

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/11154/images/psyduck.gif

Isyel
May 21 2014, 04:19:20 PM
to be fair what he does does sound like fun

lucian
May 21 2014, 04:25:40 PM
And not only does Sherman get a higher BR, they smashed it with the nerf bat. Front armor is basically gone, making for lots of unhappy premium customers. It was too high though...just needs the BR to be lowered back down.

Isyel
May 21 2014, 04:26:39 PM
The gun will forever be the problem with the BR of that thing.

I mean, if it were only about armour then all t34s would be super low tier :P

Lief Siddhe
May 21 2014, 08:13:52 PM
Installed WoT, played 3 battles, uninstalled WoT. Now after I made a fresh memory comparison, I am now much more lenient to any and all issues WT tanks have.

RazoR
May 21 2014, 09:39:18 PM
Installed WoT, played 3 battles, uninstalled WoT. Now after I made a fresh memory comparison, I am now much more lenient to any and all issues WT tanks have.:D

Today's patch has fixed FPE binding, nerfed Sherman (but i still see them doing p good in my battles) and improved FPS. Also some othe good stuff.

Furthermore,

http://onebit.us/x/i/Yn32cGy1Yj.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/xQvzR7uIDF.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/vA0gmA5g0O.jpg

GET REKT

Lief Siddhe
May 21 2014, 09:43:26 PM
fucking blackscreen crashes, i'm going nuts.

in other news: acquired T50. So OP in tier 1 it's not even funny.

RazoR
May 21 2014, 09:49:27 PM
fucking blackscreen crashes, i'm going nuts.Have you tried maybe updating drivers and shit? If that fails, see the logs for the cause.

Lief Siddhe
May 21 2014, 10:56:47 PM
that's the problem, i get no logs - game goes blackscreen, freezes comp, only thing i can do is reboot :(

trying out options and shit, drivers are uptodate etc... might be my fans dying, but no other game i got crashes like this. Also it started since tanks patch, before that WT was stable as fuck

edit: GPU fan dieded. goddammit, now i gotta buy a whole new bucket unless i can fixit for cheapo solution

edit2: GPU fan didnt dieded, i just checked too soon during bootup. Hmmm.

VARRAKK
May 22 2014, 06:19:16 AM
What the fuck did they do to the T34's?

They a literally one shoting everything in their path.

Calbanite
May 22 2014, 06:43:55 AM
First match in the Tiger 1

Stuka kills me 15 seconds after match starts.

Sp4m
May 22 2014, 08:30:12 AM

Stuka kills me 15 seconds after match starts.

lol! Unlucky.

So much lulz in this game.

not my pic but look at this :P

http://i.imgur.com/1lKMKfO.jpg

RazoR
May 22 2014, 08:36:28 AM

Stuka kills me 15 seconds after match starts.But planes are still off?

also lolarkade

VARRAKK
May 22 2014, 09:27:52 AM
So much lulz in this game.

not my pic but look at this :P

http://i.imgur.com/1lKMKfO.jpg

That was pretty much how all our battles looked yesterday.
But the T34's new magic shells quickly nuked our F2's.

helgur
May 22 2014, 11:51:47 AM
When are they going to introduce proper historical tank optics? Really want my german tank optics tyia

RazoR
May 22 2014, 11:59:09 AM
When are they going to introduce proper historical tank optics? Really want my german tank optics tyiaWhat's wrong with the current?

helgur
May 22 2014, 12:05:29 PM
When are they going to introduce proper historical tank optics? Really want my german tank optics tyiaWhat's wrong with the current?

They are not historical and I would feel more comfortable with historical as after playing heaps of RO with the Kursk map you kind of learn to use it properly for rangefinding. Feel like I'm starting from scratch with these 'fake' ones.

Isyel
May 22 2014, 12:06:10 PM
m8... the panzer 4 explodes to just about anything, always been like that

while i would support historical optics atm even sim battles with the camera etc. is hardly historical, if you put the right optics in i'm afraid russians would suffer a bit much... maybe when tank "cockpits" are also modeled? dunno

RazoR
May 22 2014, 12:08:36 PM

They are not historical and I would feel more comfortable with historical as after playing heaps of RO with the Kursk map you kind of learn to use it properly for rangefinding. Feel like I'm starting from scratch with these 'fake' ones.

Translation: soviets have the same optics rabble rabble KARL ZEISS KRUPP STAHL!!1

helgur
May 22 2014, 12:22:13 PM

Translation: soviets have the same optics rabble rabble KARL ZEISS KRUPP STAHL!!1

lol

ordnung muss sein

Lief Siddhe
May 22 2014, 12:24:29 PM
also because historical

in other news, why the fuck arent plane, tank and view controls in just 2 separate fucking categories, plane and tank controls? i keep fucking up my control scheme for planes by changing stuff for tanks and vice versa

also i seem to be unable to find where the fuck do i assign a button to "full elevators up" goddammit

they really need to streamline the control setup shit

RazoR
May 22 2014, 12:30:18 PM
Obiously it's just a placeholder. SB proper is ultimately going to have historical viewports and optics.
also because historical

in other news, why the fuck arent plane, tank and view controls in just 2 separate fucking categories, plane and tank controls? i keep fucking up my control scheme for planes by changing stuff for tanks and vice versa

also i seem to be unable to find where the fuck do i assign a button to "full elevators up" goddammit

they really need to streamline the control setup shit

You might need to streamline yo ass. Just how more dumb questions are you going to ask?
I knew the UI isn't wiping butts but god damn, a kid could figure it out.

http://onebit.us/x/i/pe4t6xkqky.jpg

What do you think maximum means?

You can also use a single button for a plane and a tank action :gasp:

tl;dr: if you want to be a lazy retard go back to wot kthnxbye

Isyel
May 22 2014, 12:33:16 PM
...pitch axis for elevators?

Also it's not full if you use mouse, ever.

And tank controls are separate... mostly unless they're the same for both.

[edit] razor beat me

Hoggbert
May 22 2014, 12:39:02 PM

Russian tanks should only get 640x480 resolution to keep it realistic

Lief Siddhe
May 22 2014, 12:47:33 PM
Just how more dumb questions are you going to ask?

as many as I can to annoy the fanboibrigade

RazoR
May 22 2014, 12:49:16 PM

[edit] razor beat meYou know what elevators control, right? :psyduck:

Why?

Doubt you are going to have flaps on a tank.

Isyel
May 22 2014, 02:27:50 PM

[edit] razor beat meYou know what elevators control, right? :psyduck:

Why?

Doubt you are going to have flaps on a tank.

i was responding to him not you, then your post appeared while i was posting

as in "how dumb are you, cant you see you use pitch control for elevators which, you know, control pith?"

and well camera controls etc can be the same for both not sure whats so weird about that

Lief Siddhe
May 22 2014, 03:01:16 PM
literally worse than wot, which is an impossibility

inb4 lol razor

56k Lagman
May 22 2014, 03:33:35 PM
I have an IS-1 can I play with you guys sometime

Sp4m
May 22 2014, 04:19:31 PM
lol historic optics who gives a fuck.

seriously its like all the simulator nerds are wanking over this game like "ugh give us accurate <everything> or die" and its lame bcoz as a game its fun atm.

just hope they don't ruin that

Isyel
May 22 2014, 05:19:57 PM
The height of the historical dumbfuck pyramid is the "tiering should be by age of introduction!!!!!" aka germans should win all the time because we give no fucks about actual historical accuracy (doctrines, supplies, wear and tear, maintenance, viability) but we want a team full of 262s, 109s, 190s, whatever against a full equally numbered team of <insert x plane that's worse but was used at the same time> because having tiers where you lose 100% of the time is SO MUCH FUN AND HISTORICAL OMG

or in other ways to quote some random german fanboi dumbfuck:

"omg you russian tanks using rare hardly available ammo in your t34s killing my tiger"

lol

also kursk can go fuck itself at higher tiers russian when playing solo tbfh too many morons

Ophichius
May 22 2014, 06:21:58 PM
The height of the historical dumbfuck pyramid is the "tiering should be by age of introduction!!!!!" aka germans should win all the time because we give no fucks about actual historical accuracy (doctrines, supplies, wear and tear, maintenance, viability) but we want a team full of 262s, 109s, 190s, whatever against a full equally numbered team of <insert x plane that's worse but was used at the same time> because having tiers where you lose 100% of the time is SO MUCH FUN AND HISTORICAL OMG

Um. What in the actual fuck? Learn your tank history dude. Russians would curbstomp the Germans up through at least 1941, and probably through most of 1942-43 as well. The T-34 when the Germans encountered it in 1941 was practically unkillable by their armor of the time. They flipped out and designed the late-war big-gunned tanks specifically because of the shock they experienced during their 1941 offensive.

Assuming you go by strict model introduction, you'd have the T-34/76A (1940) with the 76.2mm/30 caliber L-11 gun, then the T-34/76B (1941) with the 76.2mm/42 cal. F-34 gun, this was contemporary with the T-34/57 with the 57mm/70 cal. ZiS-4 high velocity gun. From 1942-1943 you would get the C-F models of the T-34/76 with slightly better armor. In 1943 you would have the T-34-85 with the 85mm/55 cal. D-5T gun. And that's just the medium tank lineup.

In 1940, the Germans would have the PzKpfw III Ausf. F with the 37mm/45 cal. KwK 36/L45 cannon. 1941 Ausf. Fs would have the 50mm/42 cal. KwK 38/L42. By 1942 the Ausf. L would get a 50mm/60 cal. KwK 39/L60 cannon. In 1943 the Ausf. N gets a 75mm/24 cal. KwK 37/L24 infantry support gun instead of an actual AT gun.

Of course, Germany of 1940 also had the PzKpfw IV Ausf. E, armed with the 75mm/24 cal. KwK 37/L24 infantry support gun. In 1942, Germany produces the Ausf. F2 and later Ausf. G (Same model basically, different designation) armed with the 75mm/43 cal. KwK 40/L43 gun.

The situation in heavy tanks is even more dire, as the Soviet KV-1 was completely unopposed by German armor until the introduction of the PzKpfw VI in 1942.

I know everyone loves to wank over the superiority of German armor to everything, but they're also a bunch of fucking morons. Germany built their scary-ass tanks because they ran into Russian armor in 1941 and couldn't kill it. They sure as hell didn't need 88s and KwK 42/L70s to put holes in Shermans and Cromwells.

-O

Isyel
May 22 2014, 06:29:28 PM

Um. What in the actual fuck? Learn your tank history dude. Russians would curbstomp the Germans up through at least 1941, and probably through most of 1942-43 as well. The T-34 when the Germans encountered it in 1941 was practically unkillable by their armor of the time. They flipped out and designed the late-war big-gunned tanks specifically because of the shock they experienced during their 1941 offensive.

Assuming you go by strict model introduction, you'd have the T-34/76A (1940) with the 76.2mm/30 caliber L-11 gun, then the T-34/76B (1941) with the 76.2mm/42 cal. F-34 gun, this was contemporary with the T-34/57 with the 57mm/70 cal. ZiS-4 high velocity gun. From 1942-1943 you would get the C-F models of the T-34/76 with slightly better armor. In 1943 you would have the T-34-85 with the 85mm/55 cal. D-5T gun. And that's just the medium tank lineup.

In 1940, the Germans would have the PzKpfw III Ausf. F with the 37mm/45 cal. KwK 36/L45 cannon. 1941 Ausf. Fs would have the 50mm/42 cal. KwK 38/L42. By 1942 the Ausf. L would get a 50mm/60 cal. KwK 39/L60 cannon. In 1943 the Ausf. N gets a 75mm/24 cal. KwK 37/L24 infantry support gun instead of an actual AT gun.

Of course, Germany of 1940 also had the PzKpfw IV Ausf. E, armed with the 75mm/24 cal. KwK 37/L24 infantry support gun. In 1942, Germany produces the Ausf. F2 and later Ausf. G (Same model basically, different designation) armed with the 75mm/43 cal. KwK 40/L43 gun.

The situation in heavy tanks is even more dire, as the Soviet KV-1 was completely unopposed by German armor until the introduction of the PzKpfw VI in 1942.

I know everyone loves to wank over the superiority of German armor to everything, but they're also a bunch of fucking morons. Germany built their scary-ass tanks because they ran into Russian armor in 1941 and couldn't kill it. They sure as hell didn't need 88s and KwK 42/L70s to put holes in Shermans and Cromwells.

-O

I was mostly talking about planes. And in case you haven't noticed, before calling everybody a moron, the 41 etc tanks end up smashed into the game by about tier 2 beginning, after that most tanks are the later german stuff that mostly murders everything from a distance.

So before insulting people you might want to take a look at the game.

It is as you said, russians do well at tier 1 and beginning of 2, then it's freefarm if they know what theyre doing (and as usual russian players dont). So your whole argument is "they suffered early on" which we fucking know and i wasn't talking about.

Basically you completely ignored the bits where historical tiering completely breaks down when you ignore the actual war situation.

And again, i was mostly referring to planes. You might find a hint in me mentioning fucking planes in the post.

All in all tanks atm is fairly balanced tho, except sometimes with russia it is a bit of a fight uphill when solo.

Calbanite
May 22 2014, 07:36:03 PM
Tiger dies to a 152 derp shot.

Get 10 kills with Panzer IV F2

:psyduck:

I really think something weird is going on with the 75mm l/43. There shouldn't be any way I could pen a Jagpanzer IV, angled, at 800mm. I hit his barrel and then he exploded. GF GF.

Eh... It either one shots people or bounces off harmlessly. Mostly the former.

Tiger H on Kursk

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/705/035/634.png

Constantinus
May 22 2014, 07:36:42 PM

-O

I was mostly talking about planes. And in case you haven't noticed, before calling everybody a moron, the 41 etc tanks end up smashed into the game by about tier 2 beginning, after that most tanks are the later german stuff that mostly murders everything from a distance.

Hehe, planes. I can already see the waffles whining. Whah! My mighty 109 F4 can't down the B17E/ B24D, nerf plox. Even the Naziwaffle's famous 262 wanking would fall hard because technicaly the Meteor F3 (44) and the P80A (early 45) would be in T4 as well.

helgur
May 22 2014, 07:37:52 PM
So before insulting people you might want to take a look at the game.

STFU NOOB

Isyel
May 22 2014, 07:52:41 PM

-O

Hehe, planes. I can already see the waffles whining. Whah! My mighty 109 F4 can't down the B17E/ B24D, nerf plox. Even the Naziwaffle's famous 262 wanking would fall hard because technicaly the Meteor F3 (44) and the P80A (early 45) would be in T4 as well.

Oh no but see that doesn't happen. Of course the 262s should fight along 162s and 163s and only against spits and p51s because HISTORICAL. What is a meteor?

Also NO P80, it looks like an f80 so of course it's post war so it should be along all post war props (including ones that were ready during the war but for "we dont need them" reasons havent been used in the war, like bearcats and some spits and sea furys) and other jets. Because HISTORICAL.

Heh.

helgur
May 22 2014, 08:21:45 PM
I quite agree that you can't take historical accuracy to the letter in a video game, that's silly

But gief carl zeiss optics

May 22 2014, 10:30:51 PM
easy golden eagle event this weekend;

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/142045-%E2%80%9Cwar-thunder-100k%E2%80%9D-festival/

basically 100 eagles for every 25 kills in SB...including tanks, to a maximum of 1000eagles (250 kills)

should be doable to get a few hundred in SB tonks at the very least.

RazoR
May 22 2014, 10:47:19 PM
>-50% discount for purchase of a year’s premium account
Do it.

lucian
May 22 2014, 11:28:09 PM
Do it.

Premium account is seriously best purchase for the game, get it!

helgur
May 22 2014, 11:32:25 PM
I quite agree that you can't take historical accuracy to the letter in a video game, that's silly

Also that the optics are hardmounted to the turret is also retarded both for game purposes and realism (it would make it a lot more fun and easier to aim if it actually was historically accurate)

RazoR
May 22 2014, 11:44:35 PM

Also that the optics are hardmounted to the turret is also retarded both for game purposes and realism (it would make it a lot more fun and easier to aim if it actually was historically accurate)

That's the gunner's sight, mate, not commander's.

Lief Siddhe
May 23 2014, 12:54:36 AM
Do it.

lol

RazoR
May 23 2014, 01:04:37 AM
Do it.lolProblems?

http://onebit.us/x/i/r54h017MrT.jpg

Lief Siddhe
May 23 2014, 01:36:42 AM
Do it.lolProblems?

no problems, just lols.

RazoR
May 23 2014, 01:42:41 AM
Do it.lolProblems?

no problems, just lols.

Why lols? Trying to be edgy?

Varcaus
May 23 2014, 01:48:10 AM
If he's bad at game that must mean the games bad right?

RazoR
May 23 2014, 01:51:19 AM
Meh, even if tanks flop (they won't), planes are already quite awesome.

RazoR
May 23 2014, 02:25:52 AM
~balance~

http://i.imgur.com/UhHSOsy.png

helgur
May 23 2014, 03:28:53 AM

I am talking about the gunners sight. IRL you could adjust the elevation of the gun without the gunner being forced to study astronomy

RazoR
May 23 2014, 03:32:15 AM

I am talking about the gunners sight. IRL you could adjust the elevation of the gun without the gunner being forced to study astronomy
http://onebit.us/x/i/2no5gZK2HQ.jpg

You are welcome.

RazoR
May 23 2014, 03:32:54 AM
Tiger I is now my officially favourite WW2 tonk.

http://onebit.us/x/i/Hje0BARgzM.jpg
http://onebit.us/x/i/KLtA5lF3la.jpg

Varcaus
May 23 2014, 03:34:20 AM
I don't want to wait ages in German ques but I want one :(.

RazoR
May 23 2014, 03:36:40 AM
I don't want to wait ages in German ques but I want one :(.I expect hordes of soviets on RU this weekend.

Varcaus
May 23 2014, 03:38:07 AM
I don't want to wait ages in German ques but I want one :(.I expect hordes of soviets on RU this weekend.

Might see how the ping is then.

Sp4m
May 23 2014, 09:12:39 AM
easy golden eagle event this weekend;

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/142045-%E2%80%9Cwar-thunder-100k%E2%80%9D-festival/

basically 100 eagles for every 25 kills in SB...including tanks, to a maximum of 1000eagles (250 kills)

should be doable to get a few hundred in SB tonks at the very least.

Omg thanks :)

Lief Siddhe
May 23 2014, 01:08:47 PM
If he's bad at game that must mean the games bad right?

>implying i'm bad at tanks

I can hug a rock above a capture point and snipe with the best of em, if you dont mind me saying. Anyway I wont shit in your cereals anymore, will wait for patches, planes and shit for continued review.

i should have probably written inb4lolvarcaus. sorry razbro

Varcaus
May 23 2014, 01:11:51 PM
>implying I snipe

Lief Siddhe
May 23 2014, 01:16:48 PM
>autankism intanksifies :)

Dirk Magnum
May 23 2014, 03:10:49 PM
Can't win with low-tier German tanks unless its a 6v6 match yet. But when I finally won I won big. Crunched em all with the first Pz III and artillery strikes.

I know the German stuff gets decent eventually because the first long barreled Pz IV tends to be a rough opponent for the L-11 T-34, but the first Pz IV is barely less fragile than the ZiS-30. ZiS-30 at least gets a lot of two-hit kills before it detonates itself.

56k Lagman
May 23 2014, 03:49:21 PM
Once you get to the tiger or panther it'll be rape though. Rape. You'll rape russian tanks. Rape them. RAPE.

I just got my Is-2 and I am unhappy. Not with that tank itself but with the tiny games I have to play it in.

helgur
May 23 2014, 05:27:35 PM
Once you get to the tiger or panther it'll be rape though. Rape. You'll rape russian tanks. Rape them. RAPE

Not really. As a panther driver the T-34/85 has a much higher ROF, which will pretty much rape you if you don't instakill it or manage to at least put the gunner or loader out of comission. And the premium T-34/57 shoots BR-271-P which can penetrate any german tank at almost any distance (without kursk) anywhere except maybe gun mantlet. And it has a ridiculous ROF. It eats Tigers for lunch and have no problem demanding seconds.

There are a lot of those premium tanks out there btw. This thing is in beta still, but you have to pay eagles today if you want them. If Gaijin doesn't do something to re-balance the premiums ground forces will be a lot more pay to win than WoT

You had the same problem with the Sherman but as I've understood it they've nerfed it to the ground now. And thats good (I own one myself).

RazoR
May 23 2014, 05:52:49 PM
T-34-57 m43 is a guaranteed oneshot. I have it and i hate it.

Sherman is still pretty good.

Constantinus
May 23 2014, 08:43:46 PM
Can't win with low-tier German tanks unless its a 6v6 match yet. But when I finally won I won big. Crunched em all with the first Pz III and artillery strikes.

I know the German stuff gets decent eventually because the first long barreled Pz IV tends to be a rough opponent for the L-11 T-34, but the first Pz IV is barely less fragile than the ZiS-30. ZiS-30 at least gets a lot of two-hit kills before it detonates itself.

First 50mm Pz III somewhat helps with the early grind imo. It's still no match for the early T-34 but all other things die quickly.

Calbanite
May 23 2014, 10:22:28 PM
For Tier 1 German you can't really beat the Stug A "murderbox" w/ HEAT rounds. For arcade anyway. HEAT rounds are terrible without the aiming indicator because lol trajectory.

RazoR
May 23 2014, 10:31:46 PM
For Tier 1 German you can't really beat the Stug A "murderbox" w/ HEAT rounds. For arcade anyway. HEAT rounds are terrible without the aiming indicator because i'm terrible.

Torashuu
May 24 2014, 12:06:43 AM
All maps except kursk 1 square is 150m. Note distance to enemy in squares, set correct elevation and hit enemy on first shot. Its not rocket science.

helgur
May 24 2014, 02:10:41 AM

http://onebit.us/x/i/2no5gZK2HQ.jpg

You are welcome.

And how does this work in practice, there are two bindable keys to adjust the sights and they either aims max or min, also there is no indicator of gun elevation in the actual sight :psyduck:

Varcaus
May 25 2014, 12:45:14 AM
First t-34 is insanely good.

Dave1180
May 25 2014, 11:50:06 AM
All tanks are insanely good... When they're shooting at me!! If I don't get one shotted the first just makes me completely immobile..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

metacannibal
May 25 2014, 11:57:13 AM
All tanks are insanely good... When they're shooting at me!! If I don't get one shotted the first just makes me completely immobile..

Parts... FPE... Train crew vitality

Isyel
May 25 2014, 11:59:52 AM

Parts... FPE... Train crew vitality

and get stuck repairing for 5 to 20 minutes... meh :P

Alistair
May 26 2014, 03:30:18 AM
In all seriousness, worst damage modeling ever.

Stug w/ Shorty, point blank, side-on, against a tracked T-50.

15 shells later, no kill, he repairs and kills me.

Total, laughable, bullshit.

Baarhyn
May 26 2014, 03:49:46 AM

learn to shoot???

Alistair
May 26 2014, 04:08:04 AM

learn to shoot???

Don't be a troll.

No T-50 could stand 10-15 point blank shots, side on, from the low-velocity 75mm.

I should HAVE to fucking "aim", the T-50 doesn't have 200mm of side armor ffs.

But since you brought it up, I did aim, at every possible weak spot a T-50 has on it's side.

I got a few hits, but did almost no harm.

Sorry, thats bad game design, not bad play by me.

Hel OWeen
May 26 2014, 07:16:31 AM
Sounds like you were using the wrong ammunition ...

Varcaus
May 26 2014, 07:23:27 AM
If a t-50 takes more then 3 shots your doing something horribly wrong.

Edit: and if it was tracked why not go around and shoot out its engine?

Dave1180
May 26 2014, 08:29:03 AM
I have a similar problem sometimes, second stug less than 100m from a t34 with HEAT did nothing, changed to armour piercing. nothing again.. he turns and one shots me..

Isyel
May 26 2014, 09:00:13 AM
It's really not just the t50. Do lots of hits on just about any tank without doing anything.

VARRAKK
May 26 2014, 09:31:45 AM
It's really not just the t50. Do lots of hits on just about any tank without doing anything.

Sloped armor @angle, you just ricochet.
Aim better.

Lief Siddhe
May 26 2014, 09:37:26 AM
IT'S A WELL BALANCED REALISTIC TANK GAME AND YOU ARE JUST BAD IF YOU NOTICE ANYTHING OFF IN THE GAMEPLAY

ALSO THERE ARE NO GHOST SHELLS HERE AND NO BULLSHIT UNREALISTIC PAPER-PROJECT TANKS

RazoR
May 26 2014, 09:42:49 AM
IT'S A WELL BALANCED REALISTIC TANK GAME AND YOU ARE JUST BAD IF YOU NOTICE ANYTHING OFF IN THE GAMEPLAY

ALSO THERE ARE NO GHOST SHELLS HERE AND NO BULLSHIT UNREALISTIC PAPER-PROJECT TANKSoh the irony

(yeh 105mm KT and P2 were not in service, deal with it)

Isyel
May 26 2014, 09:44:45 AM

Aim better.

protip: when it says "hit" it's not a ricochet, also it's straight up against unangled armor

be more of a daft fuck

but no worries

ALSO THERE ARE NO GHOST SHELLS HERE AND NO BULLSHIT UNREALISTIC PAPER-PROJECT TANKS

is even more retarded if it makes you feel better

Lief Siddhe
May 26 2014, 09:46:07 AM
dunno if i can deal with that, i might just have to :wrists:

edit: it took a while for the "whooosh" above Isyel's head to get to me.

So, I supported your notion

"It's really not just the t50. Do lots of hits on just about any tank without doing anything."

by saying in an ironic way that lots of times shooting an enemy does nothing even though it should, and you call me retarded. lol

56k Lagman
May 26 2014, 10:05:07 AM
You guys all know you can punch a hole straight through a tank without hitting anything vital inside it right?

VARRAKK
May 26 2014, 10:11:28 AM

Aim better.

protip: when it says "hit" it's not a ricochet, also it's straight up against unangled armor

be more of a daft fuck

but no worries

is even more retarded if it makes you feel better

You still hit, but if you pay attention you see the shell ricochet.