PDA

View Full Version : Coalition Sov Mapping

Marlona Sky
March 3 2014, 08:20:59 PM
Latest Coalition Map (map generated every day around 2:15 p.m. GMT) (http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/coalitionsov/Coalitioninfluence.png)

Live Coalition Map (http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/misc/maptest.html)

Latest Data: 2014-08-16 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ynVq9Tclq2yx-BxSusb-OLmhtQ0PVwLOnvxlG_L6Ew/edit#gid=1661752728)

As always, please contact me in game or here on FHC if any of the data is incorrect.

------------------------------------------------ (http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/030/dickbutt.jpg)

Reason/Goal of thread:

This is not exactly a war thread in regards to a specific region or whatever. This is of course about mapping out the political landscape. While it can be easy to find out who is in what coalition, there is vast majority of blues and renters that are not tied into the official coalitions themselves. For example, here is a tool that is widely used to see the coalitions:

http://eve-dingo.com/coalition.php

While it is great, it does not translate very well to the sovereignty map (2014-3-1) as you can see here:

http://i.imgur.com/wgu8Vqw.png

So I tried to do my best to research who is who and what coalition they fall under. Renters, feeder alliances, etc. This is not an attempt to form some propaganda against anyone, just update things so the map looks more complete. Something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/kZIDjuU.png

The data for that day was pulled from Dotlan maps and using a color system, I charted it out here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iAq2PN5oroqILeeloTH6hxx5xtBNmzRZnRsNNRUFoAg/edit#gid=0

Granted there might be some mistakes which is why I am hoping those who do know things more intimately will help keep the map up to date. Standings changes, new faces on the sovereignty scene. Are they still part of a bloc? Same members just re-branded under a new alliance? Things like that. So the idea of this thread is something to help place the unofficial stuff with the official. Right now I am not really interested in the super coalition scene or NIP deals. I hope this thread is OK for the moderators as it does seem very relevant to war and politics.

FUzziBabes
March 3 2014, 10:56:01 PM
To be honest I quite like this idea, I enjoy following all that's going on but never really know who on the map is with who.

+rep

Jester
March 5 2014, 05:56:58 AM
Looks really good! Thanks for doing this and please keep it up as you have time to do so.

Orar Ironfist
March 5 2014, 05:08:36 PM
Ditto on the good work. Always feel out of the loop when the sov guys are talking about sides and I'm trying to follow along, but obviously am not up to date on all the allies and renter groups.

Keep this updated plssss

Marlona Sky
March 5 2014, 11:17:42 PM
Is the google doc accurate? I don't want to keep doing maps with wrong info. :D

Orar Ironfist
March 6 2014, 12:21:20 AM
Is the google doc accurate? I don't want to keep doing maps with wrong info. :D

No idea personally, but it's better then what I had to use before(nothing)

I think you'd need Grath, Vily, and Antoine to take a look at it.

Le Petite
March 6 2014, 12:46:38 AM
BRAVE has carefully planned our future sov invasions to create a giant penis penetrating someone's territory on these maps :p

Keeves
March 6 2014, 01:30:47 AM
BRAVE has carefully planned our future sov invasions to create a giant penis penetrating someone's territory on these maps :p

BRAVE doesn't carefully plan anything ;)

Marlona Sky
March 6 2014, 03:25:23 AM

BRAVE doesn't carefully plan anything ;)

Marlona Sky
March 6 2014, 08:55:04 PM
Should have a new coalition map for 2014-3-6 later today when Verite Rendition is done making it. No HERO coalition sov on there yet. Also it appears that Dingo's FC Toolbox shows that Stain Waggon has been absorbed by the Halloween Coalition. One less color. I will update the OP with the new map as soon as I get it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-cFzPDTwEmXPZarc-TdExNDuhynXXKdN-nwlOn8WHk/edit#gid=0

EDIT: So I screwed up on the color code for some reason and the map did not turn out right. PL is supposed to be purple and Halloween is supposed to be yellow.

http://i.imgur.com/GXwRIdI.png

Going to just go for the next day. I'm trying to work on something more automated.

Marlona Sky
March 7 2014, 09:41:43 AM
I am going to try to keep the OP up to date with the most current map and data and then use spoilers at the bottom to hold old maps. If the spoiler for the map contains 'Processing...' it means I am waiting for the map to be generated by Verite Rendition who has been kind enough to generate them.

Please let me know if information is wrong as it might be hours if not a full day before the map can be generated depending on my schedule and Verite's.

Marlona Sky
March 8 2014, 05:04:20 AM
NIP map included. Don't shoot the messenger.

LeoniaTavira
March 8 2014, 06:10:23 AM

That's a bit deceptive, because PL can still invade the Halloween Coalition

Marlona Sky
March 8 2014, 06:48:41 AM

That's a bit deceptive, because PL can still invade the Halloween Coalition

True. I'll pull it off OP until I can find a better way to represent the NIPs and such.

LeoniaTavira
March 8 2014, 07:09:26 AM
I'm not sure if there's an easy way to do it.
You might have to just maintain one from each coalitions perspective, which could be :effort:.

Coalition - standings to other coalitions
CFC - HC blue, PL NIP, N3 red
N3 - PL blue, CFC red, HC red
HC - CFC blue, PL red, N3 red
PL - N3 blue, CFC NIP, HC red

edit: eve-skunk says CFC and HC are still blue

Marlona Sky
March 8 2014, 07:21:54 AM
I think making some symbols are in order with arrows or something. Meh, something to work on this weekend.

Cue1*
March 8 2014, 08:11:49 AM
Just mark the areas that cannot be invaded according to the NIP.

LeoniaTavira
March 8 2014, 08:28:49 AM

You're dumb, that's what the previous map did, and it incorrectly showed that PL could not invade the South (Halloween Coalition).
How do you show, on one map, that the CFC and PL can't invade each other, but HC and PL can?

Cue1*
March 8 2014, 09:07:24 AM

You're dumb, that's what the previous map did, and it incorrectly showed that PL could not invade the South (Halloween Coalition).
How do you show, on one map, that the CFC and PL can't invade each other, but HC and PL can?

My apologies for not being able to see the map that was edited out, apparently ESP is a new skill required for FHC? The only NIP I'm aware of, is between CFC and PL, therefore, all sov that isn't CFC or PL is totally irrelevant. Of course people outside said NIP are completely and totally irrelevant to the documented feature. If there is another NIP, maybe one would simply MAKE ANOTHER FUCKING MAP. It's really not all that hard.

Nax
March 8 2014, 09:13:43 AM
You could add polka dots of CFC colors in PL space and PL colors in CFC space? Kind of like a doughnut with sprinkles on it.

LeoniaTavira
March 8 2014, 01:55:44 PM
XIX currently has a NIP with both N3PL and CFC, and if CFC and HC unblue they are likely to remain NIP'd

Orar Ironfist
March 8 2014, 03:19:40 PM
XIX currently has a NIP with both N3PL and CFC, and if CFC and HC unblue they are likely to remain NIP'd

You know, if I didn't play eve, that would be the most confusing sentence ever.

Lady Spank
March 9 2014, 12:28:40 AM
It's easy to follow when literally everyone is unblued. Doesn't make it easy though :P

Marlona Sky
March 10 2014, 11:30:00 PM
Looks like Darkness of Despair disbanded to internal conflict due to it being Ukraine and Russian members. DD was #11 for highest amount of sov systems with a total of 69.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/99002808

I'll see about updating the coalition map tonight.

Joshua Foiritain
March 11 2014, 12:05:14 AM
lol wat.

Pyra!
March 11 2014, 05:49:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHkVkCVyOFs

..?

edit: lol http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/20317t/darkness_of_despair_disbanded/cfzbfjz

edit2: Yup http://www.jeffraider.com/

Grath
March 11 2014, 08:04:09 PM

There is no 'you can't invade', the CFC are free to invade PL and PL are free to invade the CFC, however its what we do with what we capture and who can help us each out thats what amounts to a 'NIP'. They can't use or give what they take to non CFC forces and we can't ally with anybody to invade them, and we both have to keep what we take ourselves without seeding it to somebody else.

Marlona Sky
March 12 2014, 12:41:41 AM

There is no 'you can't invade', the CFC are free to invade PL and PL are free to invade the CFC, however its what we do with what we capture and who can help us each out thats what amounts to a 'NIP'. They can't use or give what they take to non CFC forces and we can't ally with anybody to invade them, and we both have to keep what we take ourselves without seeding it to somebody else.

Villy said it was effectively a NIP. Oh well. I'm going to just stick with updating the coalition map for now. I currently don't have the time to figure out a way to effectively illustrate the different ways coalitions suck each other off under the sheets right now.

I will try and update the map again due to HERO finally taking sov and we can really see the aftermath of the DD disband.

Grath
March 12 2014, 01:39:02 AM

Villy said it was effectively a NIP. Oh well. I'm going to just stick with updating the coalition map for now. I currently don't have the time to figure out a way to effectively illustrate the different ways coalitions suck each other off under the sheets right now.

I will try and update the map again due to HERO finally taking sov and we can really see the aftermath of the DD disband.

Yea at some level its all semantics and what you 'believe' but I always throw out what i consider to be the truth of the matter anyway.

Marlona Sky
March 12 2014, 03:21:26 AM

Yea at some level its all semantics and what you 'believe' but I always throw out what i consider to be the truth of the matter anyway.

I'm sure you are a busy guy, but have you had a chance to look over the data on the Google Doc I have been linking? I just want to make sure it is as 100% correct as possible so if you see a mistake, please say so in this thread. :D

Grath
March 12 2014, 04:37:01 AM

I'm sure you are a busy guy, but have you had a chance to look over the data on the Google Doc I have been linking? I just want to make sure it is as 100% correct as possible so if you see a mistake, please say so in this thread. :D

I hadn't yet, but going over it now I'd make these changes:

Inver Brass - Paragon Soul dwellers, i can't remember which race but they're a racially oriented group, Stain Wagon group, so i guess Holloween
Brothers of Tangra you can put with us, they're not expected to fight for us or with us but damn if they dont want to, frequently
Cadarius, unless im confusing them with somebody else is with N3, they're all from Japan
Whyso, still n3, Whyso rental project
Stainless i beleive to be another Stainwagon group
Black Core Alliance is N3 renters
Initiative Associates is of course CFC (Initiative proper manages them)
Solar Citizens, owned by Solar
I whip My Slaves, CFC
Insidious Empire - Closed
Black Legion - I'd pull them from Halloween, they'll work with SOLAR and not much else from that group

I could research the rest but generally you're doing pretty good

Marlona Sky
March 12 2014, 07:48:12 AM
I hadn't yet, but going over it now I'd make these changes:

Inver Brass - Paragon Soul dwellers, i can't remember which race but they're a racially oriented group, Stain Wagon group, so i guess Holloween
Brothers of Tangra you can put with us, they're not expected to fight for us or with us but damn if they dont want to, frequently
Cadarius, unless im confusing them with somebody else is with N3, they're all from Japan
Whyso, still n3, Whyso rental project
Stainless i beleive to be another Stainwagon group
Black Core Alliance is N3 renters
Initiative Associates is of course CFC (Initiative proper manages them)
Solar Citizens, owned by Solar
I whip My Slaves, CFC
Insidious Empire - Closed
Black Legion - I'd pull them from Halloween, they'll work with SOLAR and not much else from that group

I could research the rest but generally you're doing pretty good
Black Core Alliance is now fixed so it should be on the next update. As far as the rest you listed, they are already with the correct coalition. When I do a map update I list the Google Doc link below it for reference. For instance the current one for 2014-03-12 is HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l627ayhhMnblqh_ylSgo0PD5IHblyUkTya7GWMlXkas/edit#gid=1661752728).

LeonM
March 12 2014, 08:25:36 AM
Inver Brass are traditionally a rental alliance of C0ven, they had some Russian speaking corps as well, Eastern Europe composition I'd say.
Stainless is a rental alliance of the Stain Empire, mostly Russian speaking in the past.

RA and GE, to the best of my knowledge weren't and aren't a part of HC, they're their own "block" who just happened to attack N3 with scarce to none coordination with HC and mainly managed to drive our fleets mad by bombing at the worst possible timings. But then again it could have been above my 'pay grade' so ...

vinumsv
March 12 2014, 10:19:48 AM
@Marlona Sky , I thought Li3 Federation dudes switched over to CFC during last Delve Wars , you still list them as Part of N3 or i have mistaken them of these dudes ?

http://i.share.pho.to/09936855_o.png

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Li3_Federation

Marlona Sky
March 12 2014, 10:36:58 AM
On the whole Halloween/Stain Waggon thing. What is the correct name? What do they call themselves?

Totalani
March 12 2014, 11:35:00 AM
Cool list, here is some corrections from your latest link:

Hard Alliance - XIX, not N3
Infinity Space. - XIX, not N3
Li3 Federation - CFC, not N3 lol
Universal Cosmonautics - Never heard of them, not sure if N3.
HUN Reloaded - N3, not PL (This and the 3 below doesnt really matter as its practically same group anyway but im typing it down either way)
ZADA ALLIANCE - N3, not PL
The Methodical Alliance - PL, not N3

LeonM
March 12 2014, 12:07:00 PM
On the whole Halloween/Stain Waggon thing. What is the correct name? What do they call themselves?
Dunno, and perhaps if we wait long enough it won't matter =)

Lucy Oreless
March 12 2014, 12:33:46 PM

Hey now.. be nice!

I dont think anyone in the coalition actullay call ourselves RUSRUS, Halloween or whatever name the pen-warriors comes up with these days :p Closest thing would be Stainwagon i guess..
LeonM is probably right anyways.. if a large alliance like DD- gets disbanded by the whim of a numbnut, what chance do we really have?

PS! To be noted, i have not logged in lately... so what dumb shit i say, is in no way a reflection of corp,alliance or coalition.

LeonM
March 12 2014, 03:00:05 PM
I doubt it that Solar Fleet call themselves 'Stainwagon', as well as i am sure Razor and BL didn't call themselves that. I am sure that none of the coalition call themselves RusRus, and i don't like shallow nationalistic labels anyway. With Razor and BL gone I can settle for Stain Fleet or Solar Wagon vOv ?

Marlona Sky
March 12 2014, 05:18:35 PM
When you guys say XIX, are you talking about Shadow of xXDEATHXx?

Marlona Sky
March 12 2014, 05:21:40 PM
Cool list, here is some corrections from your latest link:

Hard Alliance - XIX, not N3
Infinity Space. - XIX, not N3
Li3 Federation - CFC, not N3 lol
Universal Cosmonautics - Never heard of them, not sure if N3.
HUN Reloaded - N3, not PL (This and the 3 below doesnt really matter as its practically same group anyway but im typing it down either way)
ZADA ALLIANCE - N3, not PL
The Methodical Alliance - PL, not N3
Updated the 'Coalition and Blues' tab on the latest Google Doc. Except for Universal Cosmonautics until I can confirm if they are in N3 or whatever. I will look to update the map later tonight.

EDIT: Yeah I think Universal Cosmonautics is part of N3

Totalani
March 12 2014, 05:49:20 PM

xix is legion of xdeathx . shadow of xdeathx is their renters.

Marlona Sky
March 12 2014, 06:40:25 PM

Ahhh. I will change their coalition name to reflect that then. Also I'm pretty sure they have blue standings with literally everyone in null. lol

QuackBot
March 12 2014, 09:00:17 PM
The game of life. This is of.

Kalaratiri
March 13 2014, 02:35:50 PM

They've just unloaded more than 1.4k Dust players, so seems to be trying to shape themselves up as a Real Eve Alliance(tm) again. Currently working almost exclusively in Stain by the looks of things.

Marlona Sky
March 13 2014, 04:52:20 PM
I'm going back to Stain Waggon instead of Halloween for their coalition name. It seems that is what most people know them by.

Lucy Oreless
March 15 2014, 02:37:32 AM
Better switch sides on DARKNESS. Seems we found a "WINNING" -button laying around and some accidentally stepped on it

Marlona Sky
March 15 2014, 05:45:53 AM
Darkness left stain/cfc for n3... time to work on a new map :D

Marlona Sky
March 15 2014, 06:41:01 PM
Map updated.

Lucy Oreless
March 15 2014, 10:26:09 PM
You have to update again :p Darkness Citizens is our renters, so not in CFC..

LeonM
March 15 2014, 10:36:18 PM

Hey now.. be nice!

Told you so.

LeoniaTavira
March 16 2014, 01:56:34 AM
Map updated.

You might want to switch Darkness. Citizens to N3 as well, since leaving them in Stainwaggon while switching Darkness to N3 makes Omist look like it's still SW owned.

Marlona Sky
March 16 2014, 02:17:52 AM
You have to update again :p Darkness Citizens is our renters, so not in CFC..

Doh. Updating the Google Doc. Should be on next map I do later tonight.

Makoto Priano
March 31 2014, 04:44:26 PM
Hey, Marlona!

Any update on when you expect the new coalition map to be published?

Marlona Sky
April 1 2014, 03:24:35 AM
Hey, Marlona!

Any update on when you expect the new coalition map to be published?

Tomorrow morning at around 9:00 - 9:15 a.m. Pacific time will be the first automated (still needs me curating from time to time so not fully automated) coalition map test. I'm pretty excited so here is to hoping it goes well. *raises glass*

VR
April 1 2014, 03:26:40 AM
This' better not be an April Fools prank! =P

Marlona Sky
April 1 2014, 05:52:49 AM
This' better not be an April Fools prank! =P

I actually thought about having the update being all of null sov in light blue for lulz, but decided to show the real deal. :D

Also be sure to check out the new Live Coalition Map linked in the OP. It is still a bit rough and in beta per say. Be sure to give feedback.

VR
April 1 2014, 07:12:22 AM
I actually thought about having the update being all of null sov in light blue for lulz, but decided to show the real deal. :D
We've been too close to that to be a proper joke. =/

Bocephus
April 1 2014, 02:36:06 PM
I think the latest version has Fade/SMA in Stain Wagon?

Marlona Sky
April 1 2014, 04:53:56 PM
I think the latest version has Fade/SMA in Stain Wagon?

Yeah that was a mistake a couple days ago. New map should generate in about 15 minutes and hopefully it is fixed.

Edit: Looks like the new auto-map generated correctly. Enjoy! \o/

SmallFatCat
April 2 2014, 08:21:26 PM
Hey there

I updated the live map with a few tweaks

Bear in mind that it is very early in development, so features are buggy, incomplete and if the api fails to load data it will not throw an error message, if it hasn't loaded after a while, try refreshing the page.

Marlona Sky
April 3 2014, 01:22:27 AM
Hey there

Bear in mind that it is very early in development, so features are buggy, incomplete and if the api fails to load data it will not throw an error message, if it hasn't loaded after a while, try refreshing the page.

Wow. Very cool indeed. :)

QuackBot
April 3 2014, 05:00:13 AM
Cool cool cool.

Verite Rendition
April 3 2014, 07:41:32 AM
Cool cool cool.Since you're a duck, you're a bird, right? So shouldn't you be going "coo" like a pidgin, rather than "cool"?

Shegox
April 3 2014, 05:56:16 PM
Very nice map!

I just found a few errors in the Standings.
- The Alliance Pandamic Legion belongs to Pandemic Legion i think
- The Alliance Solo Cartel is a Alliance of N3
- Is it N3 or N2 because i heard only N3 and on the map stands N2

Keep on updating and thanks for the great map!
Shegox

Mina Soul
April 3 2014, 07:26:26 PM
Hey there

Nice map, thank you.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Marlona Sky
April 3 2014, 08:17:31 PM
Very nice map!

I just found a few errors in the Standings.
- The Alliance Pandamic Legion belongs to Pandemic Legion i think
- The Alliance Solo Cartel is a Alliance of N3
- Is it N3 or N2 because i heard only N3 and on the map stands N2

Keep on updating and thanks for the great map!
Shegox

Yeah I think I'll just revert it back to N3 despite Nexus no longer being an alliance in the coalition. It is what most people call the coalition anyways. I will also check into the alliances you mentioned.

Edit: something is strange because I am noticing an alliance being moved to another coalition unintentionally. No way I would put PL under N3. Maybe Google Doc is bugging out when I do a copy of a previous date?

Edit 2: OK, I fixed the PL and SC so hopefully on the next map generation it should be fixed.

haimee khema
April 6 2014, 08:39:11 PM
Nevermind I'm retarded.

Marlona Sky
April 14 2014, 06:49:40 AM
It was suggested to me to just keep updating the same Google spreadsheet and archiving copies when I update, instead of doing it the retarded way and having to keep re-linking it. So from now on, the same document link will be the most current.

Marlona Sky
April 23 2014, 05:19:27 PM
Small update. You will now notice change notifications in the upper left part of the map like you would see on the alliance version. Also stripes where territory has been conquered. :D

I am also looking for info on these guys:

Synergy of Steel
Black Pearl Alliance

Anyone know who they are aligned with?

antoine
April 23 2014, 05:49:07 PM
Black Pearl Alliance are pl/nc. pets, they were the ones who the HERO coalition leadership had that uproar over last week. Not sure about Synergy of Steel

edit: source http://pastebin.com/tSNs4scN

Shegox2
April 24 2014, 09:56:40 AM
Synergy of Steel is a pet of Legion of Death.

Scource:https://www.eveger.de/forum/showthread.php?52025-Synergy-of-Steel-0-0-Au%C3%9Ferhalb-der-CFC

"Kurzzusammenfassung über uns:
- Wir sind Verbündete von "Legion of xXDEATHXx""
Translation:
"About us
- We are friends of "Legion of xXDEATHXx""

Marlona Sky
April 24 2014, 10:05:55 AM
Synergy of Steel is a pet of Legion of Death.

Scource:https://www.eveger.de/forum/showthread.php?52025-Synergy-of-Steel-0-0-Au%C3%9Ferhalb-der-CFC

"Kurzzusammenfassung über uns:
- Wir sind Verbündete von "Legion of xXDEATHXx""
Translation:
"About us
- We are friends of "Legion of xXDEATHXx""

Thanks!

Grath
April 24 2014, 09:33:13 PM
Sorry, Black Pearl Alliance aren't "PL/N3 pets", they're not affiliated with us at all other than having contracted PL to help them take the FAT constellation.

They're affiliated with HERO.

antoine
April 24 2014, 09:54:25 PM
Sorry, Black Pearl Alliance aren't "PL/N3 pets", they're not affiliated with us at all other than having contracted PL to help them take the FAT constellation.

thanks for clarification - info from the logs must be out of date by now. they read like bpa was going to pay you for continued protection and tell hero to deal with it.

marlona, you have put Synergy of Steel into stainwagon (group 2) in your spreadsheet when Shegox's post makes it look like they should be with death (group 6).

Grath
April 24 2014, 10:21:49 PM

thanks for clarification - info from the logs must be out of date by now. they read like bpa was going to pay you for continued protection and tell hero to deal with it.

They had inquired about defensive contracts which we sometimes do (though im not sure we've ever pulled one off we try like hell) but those are on a case by case basis, or rather, its posted to the FC's and if somebody wants to pick it up we do it and if not we don't.

Marlona Sky
April 24 2014, 11:16:26 PM

marlona, you have put Synergy of Steel into stainwagon (group 2) in your spreadsheet when Shegox's post makes it look like they should be with death (group 6).

Doh. Will fix when I get home. Also will move Black Peal back to neutral.

Marlona Sky
May 9 2014, 08:59:56 AM
Updated.

Of Sound Mind was kicked out of Providence Bloc so I think they are just squatting until they are removed or join one of the coalitions. Black Pearl Alliance I'm still not sure about. Again, if anyone sees any corrections that needs to be made, let me know.

Arkonios
May 9 2014, 03:06:03 PM
updated.

Of Sound Mind was kicked out of Providence Bloc so I think they are just squatting until they are removed or join one of the coalitions. Black Pearl Alliance I'm still not sure about. Again, if anyone sees any corrections that needs to be made, let me know.
Of Sound Mind is part of HERO coalition.

Bocephus
May 9 2014, 03:53:08 PM
Yep, beat me to it.

SOUND is HERO.

QuackBot
May 9 2014, 05:00:17 PM
It was suggested to me to just keep updating the same Google spreadsheet and archiving copies when I update, instead of doing it the retarded way and having to keep re-linking it. So from now on, the same document link will be the most current.
Lets look it up on google.

Marlona Sky
May 9 2014, 05:58:00 PM
I moved Sound to Hero. I'll export a new list tonight to reflect that so it should be on tomorrow's map. Thanks guys!

Shegox2
May 12 2014, 09:59:14 PM
Hey,
just an update about two aliances:

- Fortis Et Certus is blue to N3 and i think they are Member of them yet.
- Black Pearl alliance is neut to N3. ( But Blue to Na. http://eveskunk.com/s/Northern+Associates. ) Dont know it :|

With friendly wishes
Shegox

Marlona Sky
May 12 2014, 10:26:31 PM
Hey,
just an update about two aliances:

- Fortis Et Certus is blue to N3 and i think they are Member of them yet.
- Black Pearl alliance is neut to N3. ( But Blue to Na. http://eveskunk.com/s/Northern+Associates. ) Dont know it :|

With friendly wishes
Shegox

Thanks. I'll poke around about those two and hopefully update tonight.

EDIT: Made the corrections.

iBL1nK
June 1 2014, 11:27:57 AM
TEST Alliance has obtained sov once again! Please add TEST to the HERO coalition list :)

Marlona Sky
June 2 2014, 07:31:34 AM
TEST Alliance has obtained sov once again! Please add TEST to the HERO coalition list :)

Done. Also I removed the member count as it doesn't really add anything but confusion for now, and doesn't really have anything to do with the map generation. I may reintroduce it at a later date if I can accurately track it.

Marlona Sky
June 4 2014, 07:51:52 PM
Taking into consideration all of Stain Waggon's sov, sans Solar Fleet's in CFC space, has fallen. And also Solar Fleet and CFC having blue standings towards each other in regards to the alliances in CFC. I will be moving Solar Fleet to the CFC coalition.

Is there any objections?

Marlona Sky
June 4 2014, 07:52:07 PM
Taking into consideration all of Stain Waggon's sov, sans Solar Fleet's in CFC space, has fallen. And also Solar Fleet and CFC having blue standings towards each other in regards to the alliances in CFC. I will be moving Solar Fleet to the CFC coalition.

Is there any objections?

antoine
June 4 2014, 08:03:24 PM
Well, first off, they're not "officially" part of the coalition, but then, fweddit wasn't officially a full member until a couple months ago, so that probably shouldn't hold much bearing.

However, considering we don't run any joint fleets whatsoever, I don't think it makes sense. When XIX was blue with us but not in any joint fleets, they weren't counted as part of the CFC. I think this situation is most similar to that, where we offer them a friendly couch, but don't coordinate together.

QuackBot
June 4 2014, 09:00:13 PM
Done. Also I removed the member count as it doesn't really add anything but confusion for now, and doesn't really have anything to do with the map generation. I may reintroduce it at a later date if I can accurately track it.
Can do anything.

Marlona Sky
June 4 2014, 09:24:00 PM
Well, first off, they're not "officially" part of the coalition, but then, fweddit wasn't officially a full member until a couple months ago, so that probably shouldn't hold much bearing.

However, considering we don't run any joint fleets whatsoever, I don't think it makes sense. When XIX was blue with us but not in any joint fleets, they weren't counted as part of the CFC. I think this situation is most similar to that, where we offer them a friendly couch, but don't coordinate together.

At the time I created the coalition map, XIX was literally blue to all the other coalitions. The Sweden of null sec. Solar Fleet does not share that same standings position with null. Another thing to consider is a member in a corporation. Just because they are not on fleet ops does that mean they are not part of the corp? They have the same standings and such. Same can be said for a corp in an alliance.

In the end it leans a lot towards 'quack like a duck, walk like a duck'. Solar Fleet is even in the middle of CFC territory. I still would like to hear more feedback on this desision though.

Bocephus
June 4 2014, 11:34:37 PM
Somebody poke their sov with a stick and find out who shows up. ;)

Flawless plan, send ISK to Bocephus Morgen in game.

antoine
June 4 2014, 11:45:37 PM

Well, by that criteria, you'd have to put N3 in with PL. In fact, they're probably more closely integrated than us and SOLAR, despite the recent "reset".

I'd also point out that solar sov is really on the edge of cfc holdings, it just looks like it's in the middle because of how verite's drawer works.

Joshua Foiritain
June 4 2014, 11:58:29 PM
Wow n3 has taken a lot of space since i last looked at this map :shock:

Marlona Sky
June 5 2014, 12:16:56 AM

Not a bad idea actually.

Marlona Sky
June 7 2014, 08:32:22 AM
Moved Solar Fleet to the CFC coalition. I did ask around and there is just far too many things that flag them to be in the coalition as opposed to remain in Stain Waggon - much less a neutral entity. As of this moment that puts the remaining systems Stain Waggon has down to just 3. I imagine those will be gone by the end of the weekend. (maybe? lol) The argument that CFC is just providing a couch for Solar Fleet to crash on is fine and all, but at the end of the day - they are living in the same house as the rest of alliances that live inside that house. A good example that was provided to me is a member in a corporation. Sure they may not join fleets, but does that mean they are not in the corporation? They have the same standings, live in the same area, etc.

There is also the mention that if SF was put with CFC then I should put all of N3 and PL into one group. There is that tiny issue of PL reseting everyone except NCdot (and probably NA.) and have been fighting. Trying to compare the relationship between CFC and SF to PL and N3 is not even remotely the same. I will continue to monitor the 'situation' with them and if the time comes where it no longer makes sense to have them be part of CFC, I will move them out immediately.

The change should be reflected with the next map update.

LeonM
June 7 2014, 05:46:04 PM
To me it seems like something you really wanted to do rather than something required by reality at this point.

antoine
June 7 2014, 05:53:40 PM
You had PL separate from n3 despite mutual standings for over 6 months. It's pretty clear this is just something you wanted to do, rather than something you can justify.

Keckers
June 7 2014, 06:07:14 PM
While it does seem like that. The justification is pretty fair.

LeonM
June 7 2014, 06:19:10 PM
Too much justifications, that's it.
If it's for the sake of saying/showing that all of SW sov is gone, you can safely put SF alone there. Nobody in SW considers SF space as... well no one is even considers it.

Artificial attempts to disguise a bi-polar EvE. They work only on your map, you know.

Orar Ironfist
June 7 2014, 06:21:14 PM

The same justifications can be used for putting n3/pl together right now. Yeah they're "reset", but if someone were to say come take a shot at either of their sov, they'd be blue again pretty quick. Especially considering the reset is only for ~goodfights~

Marlona Sky
June 7 2014, 09:01:13 PM

The same justifications can be used for putting n3/pl together right now. Yeah they're "reset", but if someone were to say come take a shot at either of their sov, they'd be blue again pretty quick. Especially considering the reset is only for ~goodfights~

I can find find PL and N3 (sans NCdot) kill mails shooting and blowing each other up recently. I tried to find Solar Fleet and CFC kill mails showing they are shooting and blowing each other up recently - there are none. Perhaps I am not looking in the right place. Feel free to post some links.

As far as me trying to show null as some bi-polar map; I honestly could not care less. For conflict the map will have stripes to show places that change hands. If you look back, you will see stripes where Hero has taken sov from Stain Waggon. I don't tell it when to do that. It is part of the design. Sure I wish there was an easy way to visually show that PL and Goons have the Botlord thing. Trust me, I tried a few variations and tricks to get it to display, but in the end it just didn't work out. Another thing is the call to have renters shown separately from the main coalition - not going to happen either. There is many things an entity can do to contribute to an overall goal of a coalition and showing up for a fleet is just one of them. Providing funding to do such a thing is another. Some of the more influential moves made in this game that changes things on a biblical scale don't involve a fleet at all.

I wish I had access to everyone's standings to create a gravity sphere to show everyone all at once. Pushing and pulling each other creating some strange object to give everyone a rare three dimensional look into the games politics. Sadly only CCP has full access to that stuff. Maybe one day, one of them will read this and try to make one. Even just for a snapshot of one moment to really see what is happening all at once. Hopefully they will show it to us as well.

Like I said earlier, I will keep monitoring the situation with SF and if I see evidence that says they should not be a part of the CFC; I'll move them out immediately.

Orar Ironfist
June 7 2014, 09:31:27 PM
I can find find PL and N3 (sans NCdot) kill mails shooting and blowing each other up recently. I tried to find Solar Fleet and CFC kill mails showing they are shooting and blowing each other up recently - there are none. Perhaps I am not looking in the right place. Feel free to post some links.

Again. Read carefully. Blowing up eachothers subcaps and lolling at eachother in local is not the same as not being friendly in terms of the sov map. For all intents and purposes n3/pl are the same coalition IN REGARDS TO SOV.

Keckers
June 7 2014, 09:54:38 PM
In that case CFC and PL are part of the same coalition for all intents and purposes in regards to sov.

blue doughnut complete ;)

LeonM
June 7 2014, 09:56:21 PM
Amen.

Marlona Sky
June 7 2014, 10:01:43 PM
It would be something if the current null blocks did decide to light a fire under CCP's ass with the sov revamp by doing a real blue doughnut. It feels like as long as there is at least one war, no matter how small in null; CCP will always keep delaying the sov revamp. If that is what it took to make them get on with it, fuck it. I would need many baths with a wire brush to get rid of the filth that is my enemy, but the end would justify the means I suppose.

Orar Ironfist
June 7 2014, 10:01:55 PM
In that case CFC and PL are part of the same coalition for all intents and purposes in regards to sov.

blue doughnut complete ;)

Nah. Cause if say Goons sov starts getting smashed by someone, PL/N3 aren't going to show up and help defend.

Lex Arson
June 7 2014, 10:27:37 PM
who cares about blue doughnuts anyway, if you're in a coalition then chances are you will be deployed somewhere where there is a war, if not you can go wherever you want, there are always going to be targets to shoot.

if you're complaining about having to go 40 jumps to find the nearest non-blue then stop isktar-ing in the back ass end of wherever your home region is and go join a SIG/deployment somewhere, most places have these or some variation on it

Marlona Sky
June 7 2014, 10:35:03 PM
You can have up to what, eleven clones now or something? That is a lot of places to seed them. Leave a taxiceptor at each one just in case you need to zip somewhere. Boom, you are everywhere you want to be.

Marlona Sky
June 8 2014, 11:02:03 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ipvSC5W.png

Marlona Sky
June 24 2014, 06:19:04 AM
Updated.

Verite Rendition
June 26 2014, 03:21:36 AM
I have to say, things have gotten really quiet lately. I went digging through my logs just to make sure the mapping program wasn't screwing up. I can't think of the last time there has been this little sov movement in the span of a week or more.

Bocephus
June 26 2014, 05:34:16 AM
Apparently, EICO will lose it's sov, but that will be a blip at best on the regular map, won't even register on the coalition map.

Marlona Sky
June 26 2014, 09:30:56 AM
I have to say, things have gotten really quiet lately. I went digging through my logs just to make sure the mapping program wasn't screwing up. I can't think of the last time there has been this little sov movement in the span of a week or more.

Yeah it is a really sad state of null these days.

Bocephus
June 26 2014, 09:37:46 AM
I made a thing to show just how bad null is right now. The front page of EVE's #1 trustworthy, unbiased, and bastion of journalism website.

http://i.imgur.com/41ZVRdx.png

LeonM
June 26 2014, 09:43:02 AM
:my_usual_bitter_remark_about_blue_donut:

Aliventi
June 26 2014, 10:16:18 AM
You know what I am waiting for? The day CCP finally rebalances SOV and it becomes completely infeasible to hold large amounts of space even with 30k F1 monkeys. The tears will make highsec look like a desert.

Keckers
June 26 2014, 11:52:30 AM
The biggest problem is the massive hp grind to take sov which makes the f1 monkeys a necessity or the ability to field a medium sized super cap fleet.

VR
June 26 2014, 04:24:43 PM
I made a thing to show just how bad null is right now. The front page of EVE's #1 trustworthy, unbiased, and bastion of journalism website.

*really big image*

You forgot "space honour".

Marlona Sky
June 26 2014, 04:49:33 PM
You know what I am waiting for? The day CCP finally rebalances SOV and it becomes completely infeasible to hold large amounts of space even with 30k F1 monkeys. The tears will make highsec look like a desert.

Sov will always be shit as long as Team A can cross the map with most, if not all, of their force, dramatically affect a fight and be back home before anyone could realistically threaten their castle.

As long as that remains true, you will NEVER have a good sov system.

Lex Arson
June 26 2014, 04:56:56 PM
Holy moley we get it already Marlona

derpatalk

Marlona Sky
June 26 2014, 05:58:02 PM
Holy moley we get it already Marlona

derpatalk

Sorry. I just want CCP to realize this. Shit I wish they would just flat out publicly agree or something. Would be nice if they would be a bit more non-NDA about the sov thing and power projection.

Game needs real fucking change in regards to this stuff. No more pussy footing around. No more band aids on shotgun wounds. We need real change that will make a real difference and not fucking tomorrow.

Today.

/soapbox

Smegs
June 26 2014, 07:52:02 PM
Reducing force projection by a large amount would help greatly in both complicating 0.0 for large entities and also opening it up for smaller ones. Or even a sov system where people must be active within a system for it not to revert to NPC pirate faction control, whatever, it needs to be done to create content, isk sinks and game interest.

I remember the freighter ops waaay back when. Nothing beats going from being bored shitless babysitting slow ass fat cow ships through jump after jump to full on OhshitOhshitOhshit! intellectual ramp up as a hostile force gets scouted heading straight for you. The paranoia developed over these ops was a rush in itself ... was that t1 frig a lost noob or an alt scout? Were those 2 ships on local active, afk, cloaked?

Although we will never go back to those days due to logistics being an utter ball ache and the ubiquitous cyno's it would still be interesting to make the system a little 'different' than it is now (although how you manage this without causing the industry lords to commit suicide i have no idea).

Marlona Sky
June 26 2014, 08:49:40 PM
Maybe one guy should not be handling 100% of all logistics for 632 guys. That number was not pulled out of my ass either.

LeonM
June 27 2014, 06:13:29 AM
Technically it's not one guy though, is it. Not a good word, not technically - with my ability to distinguish in-game - that's not one guy, not one account.

Marlona Sky
June 27 2014, 07:20:42 AM
Technically it's not one guy though, is it. Not a good word, not technically - with my ability to distinguish in-game - that's not one guy, not one account.

My point stands. People bitch and moan about logistics so much because they are trying to do so much with so few people involved. Less people involved, less people you have to find to trust. Easier to skim off the top. Easier to present 'our money flow' charts and such to the masses looking innocent. So they want everything to be as fast and simple as possible. I'm not saying logistics should be a massive pain in the ass, but this crying because running two dozen reaction POS farms takes more than 10 seconds per month is getting stupid.

Anyways, back to the sov thing. Don't expect any major changes from what you see now for a good while. The coalitions are too fat to fight and there is far too much money at stake to risk going to war with another coalition. We have reached a point where the big wigs of null are ~content~ with the situation.

LeonM
June 27 2014, 09:32:22 AM
what a revelation.

Marlona Sky
June 30 2014, 07:14:36 PM
Oops. Not sure what happened when I updated the list last night. Hopefully have it fixed for tomorrow.

Verite Rendition
July 1 2014, 11:24:17 AM
Oops. Not sure what happened when I updated the list last night. Hopefully have it fixed for tomorrow.A ZIP file has one .ZIP extension, not two.:p

iBL1nK
July 2 2014, 04:44:32 PM
Please add Bloodline. to the HERO coalition list :)

Marlona Sky
August 18 2014, 05:11:32 PM
142 Days of Coalition Sovereignty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaGG_C8-xk&list=UU4SUopLQFjW7jBKhkjY5hUw

Verite Rendition
August 19 2014, 02:27:54 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaGG_C8-xk&list=UU4SUopLQFjW7jBKhkjY5hUwIt has been an exciting last couple of months, hasn't it?:p

Marlona Sky
August 19 2014, 03:34:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaGG_C8-xk&list=UU4SUopLQFjW7jBKhkjY5hUwIt has been an exciting last couple of months, hasn't it?:p

Yeah the last half where everything is almost a static image is just... sad really. Also, what are the odds of giving a different text color to the coalition names instead of the same color as the area they are over? Aside from Clusterfuck Coalition, only because it is over empire space (black), the others are really hard to see.

Verite Rendition
August 19 2014, 04:09:16 AM

Yeah the last half where everything is almost a static image is just... sad really. Also, what are the odds of giving a different text color to the coalition names instead of the same color as the area they are over? Aside from Clusterfuck Coalition, only because it is over empire space (black), the others are really hard to see.It's not impossible, but it would take a moderate amount of effort. It would mean touching everything to include an additional field for the coalition name's color, from the DB to the SQL queries to the alliance data structure to the parsing tools for the coalition lists. A quicker cheat would be to simply have every coalition name in the same color, or to derive the text color from the coalition color.

Really the problem is that YouTube's compression sucks, especially at 720p. (Well that and the map is designed to be best viewed at a 1:1 ratio, in which case it's 2048px tall)

Marlona Sky
August 19 2014, 04:41:38 AM
Ahh true. Really don't worry about it. Thought it might be a super easy change, but meh. Not important enough. :D

Verite Rendition
August 20 2014, 02:05:49 AM
How about this: since there are so few coalitions, how about if I re-weight the text size algorithm? It's still the same values from the alliance influence map, but since there are fewer (and larger) coalitions, using a larger font wouldn't be a problem here. I can also look into giving the text a thicker border.

Marlona Sky
August 20 2014, 06:08:42 AM
How about this: since there are so few coalitions, how about if I re-weight the text size algorithm? It's still the same values from the alliance influence map, but since there are fewer (and larger) coalitions, using a larger font wouldn't be a problem here. I can also look into giving the text a thicker border.

If it's an easy fix, go for it. <3

Orar Ironfist
August 20 2014, 04:52:37 PM
Damn. That video is depressing as fuck. Good work on this though guys

QuackBot
August 20 2014, 05:00:17 PM
Oops. Not sure what happened when I updated the list last night. Hopefully have it fixed for tomorrow.
Last i heard of it.

Mordax
August 21 2014, 01:12:27 PM
Coalitions. Sovereignty. Blue Donuts.

Longdrinks
August 21 2014, 06:55:19 PM
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/news/a20208/doughnut-on-penis/ ????????
comments marlona????

Krystyn
September 11 2014, 09:29:32 PM
So any change to the SOV map yet....................................didn't think so

Mordax
September 12 2014, 12:21:51 AM
Blue Doughnut

Marlona Sky
October 7 2014, 09:42:57 PM
I'll try to update the map this weekend.

Verite Rendition
October 8 2014, 05:54:06 AM
Has anything actually changed?

Marlona Sky
October 9 2014, 05:06:34 AM

Well, actually... point in fact - no. lol

Verite Rendition
October 10 2014, 02:18:16 AM

Well, actually... point in fact - no. lolMy point exactly. I don't think any of the coalition memberships have changed as far as space holding alliances are concerned. If any coalitions have lost/added members, they haven't been space holders.

rilla
October 29 2014, 09:45:48 PM
Please add Evictus. to the Providence Bloc

Verite Rendition
November 1 2014, 11:21:54 PM
*pokes Marlona with a sharp, pointy stick*

Time to update the coalition memberships. The neutrals are taking over Delve.:p

Marlona Sky
November 5 2014, 09:56:48 AM
I need some help with a few new faces on the sov holding side of things. Looking for information on the following alliances:

Advent of Fate
Dangerous Voltage
Nerfed Alliance Go Away

I understand White Noise is a thing now so I added them, but will try to dig a bit deeper to see if they really are a separate entity as well as the three alliances I listed above. So if any of you are in a bloc, please have a look at them and mail/post some details if they are renters, pets, bros, top tier coalition member, etc. Once I get these guys locked down then I should be able to update the actual map as it is in fact showing some neutral stuff going on. Then hopefully I can find the time to get back to updating this thing.

Truth be told I hope things become so chaotic in trying to place all these alliances as the weeks and months come that it will be obvious the age of super coalitions will be at an end. One can hope.

LeonM
November 5 2014, 10:27:08 AM
I understand White Noise is a thing now so I added them, but will try to dig a bit deeper to see if they really are a separate entity

They go about by the name of Total Absolution at the moment, and ... really? A guy pops out after being offline for a few years, gets two regions of sov from N3 and you still have any doubts about whether they are a separate entity or not? I don't know man, i don't know...

Mordax
November 5 2014, 12:04:00 PM
piss it at its funniest when it's a gas

Marlona Sky
November 5 2014, 04:53:54 PM
I understand White Noise is a thing now so I added them, but will try to dig a bit deeper to see if they really are a separate entity

They go about by the name of Total Absolution at the moment, and ... really? A guy pops out after being offline for a few years, gets two regions of sov from N3 and you still have any doubts about whether they are a separate entity or not? I don't know man, i don't know...

As I said.

LeonM
November 5 2014, 05:18:42 PM
I suppose i implied too subtly that considering them separate is a ridiculous idea, but whatever - dig in man, dig in.

I'll rephrase even, considering them as anything YET is a ridiculous idea, except acquiring two regions from N3 *somehow*, writing some posts on the forums and reviving a squad of bittervet zombies - they've done nothing. Having Silent Dodger on that team only supports the theory that it's another *business project* under construction.

UPD. Might be offtopic and out of place, but i hope it helps some to get their intentions right.
From the one hour SOTA (https://soundcloud.com/evrial/comeback-of-the-imperator) which I didn't listen to myself, there's the following TL;DR (http://forum.eve-ru.com/index.php?showtopic=106252&p=2853605):
- Strategic objective of the alliance is to remove Goons from the map.
- The two N3 regions we just got as a present, no obligations, no conditions, we're not N3 pets. N3 are not better than Goons, but Goons are primary.
- We're in Venal, and will stay for a while. We won't zealously defend our sov if attacked, we'll use the ISK from renters for SRP.
- We'll roam and deal with infrastructure until we can get at least one full-fleet, we won't attack sov for now since EvE can't be won in one decisive punch.

So there you go, another classic buffer state by N3.

Keckers
November 5 2014, 10:39:59 PM
Rusrus still yearning for the motherland and feeling salty nbs

Grookshank
November 6 2014, 12:21:30 PM
I need some help with a few new faces on the sov holding side of things. Looking for information on the following alliances:

Advent of Fate
Dangerous Voltage
Nerfed Alliance Go Away

I understand White Noise is a thing now so I added them, but will try to dig a bit deeper to see if they really are a separate entity as well as the three alliances I listed above. So if any of you are in a bloc, please have a look at them and mail/post some details if they are renters, pets, bros, top tier coalition member, etc. Once I get these guys locked down then I should be able to update the actual map as it is in fact showing some neutral stuff going on. Then hopefully I can find the time to get back to updating this thing.

Truth be told I hope things become so chaotic in trying to place all these alliances as the weeks and months come that it will be obvious the age of super coalitions will be at an end. One can hope.

Nerfed Alliance Go Away (NAGA.) is in the HERO Coalition (also sent you an ingame mail).

Shegox2
November 6 2014, 09:44:11 PM
Dangerous Voltage is light blue to Kadeshi and also have space in Delve, so i think you can sort it to N3...

Advent of Fate was former blue to N3 (Source : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoXWzWmhG_dpdFU4UnZrQzBxRXNHUmUxSHl4dENsN Wc&usp=sharing#gid=0 )
Bzt now neutral.
Edit: Looked at their killboard and some kills are together with Legion Alliances (may that they are renter of Legion of Death) f.e. https://zkillboard.com/kill/42174284/ and also they dont shoot each other (found noting).
Edit2: Poke a CEO in Synergy of Steel a Legion of Death Allie, he say that they are blue to eachother.

Armyofme
November 9 2014, 12:28:15 PM

Advent of Fate

Blue to XXXdeathXXX and their renters in geminate, red to everyone else =)

Verite Rendition
November 18 2014, 07:54:26 AM

Advent of Fate
Dangerous Voltage
Nerfed Alliance Go Away

Truth be told I hope things become so chaotic in trying to place all these alliances as the weeks and months come that it will be obvious the age of super coalitions will be at an end. One can hope.How's the updated list coming?

Mordax
November 18 2014, 08:19:02 AM
Any update on the Donuts??

Marlona Sky
November 24 2014, 09:47:53 AM
Any update on the Donuts??

There is things shifting around, which is good. But sadly I just don't have the time really to do this. I will talk with Verite and see if we can come up with some solution to get this working. Perhaps involve some other people who are more involved in the politics and have spies in all the coalitions to do the standings research. God if only standings was public knowledge, would really be something.

Sponk
December 8 2014, 10:23:28 PM
Could you ask someone for app keys? All it needs is access to executor corp contacts list.

In b 4 'all'

Marlona Sky
December 11 2014, 09:39:49 AM
Could you ask someone for app keys? All it needs is access to executor corp contacts list.

In b 4 'all'

I wish I had the time and resources to get this information via spies and such. Would make for one hell of a spider web of standings map made public. I'm thinking a Circos chart. Interactive and simply beautiful to look at. Example:

http://img.qz.com/2014/03/vid_global_migration_datasheet_web-gimp3_colorcorrected.jpeg?w=940

LeonM
December 11 2014, 10:52:53 AM
Too bad standings don't give you a half-decent representation of reality.

darrk
May 2 2015, 03:59:55 PM
I have looked at your coalition list and some of the allaince are ethier not in the coalition you put them in or they are in a different coalition you are not including

Jester
May 2 2015, 07:04:07 PM
Marlona quit EVE a couple of months back after the Goon backlash to his CSM candidacy. So the Coalition map is no longer being updated. This thread can probably be unstickied until Verite finds someone else willing to do the work.

Verite Rendition
May 21 2015, 01:06:21 AM
Marlona quit EVE a couple of months back after the Goon backlash to his CSM candidacy. So the Coalition map is no longer being updated. This thread can probably be unstickied until Verite finds someone else willing to do the work.Not that he posts here, but the plan is to have Chuggi take it over starting next month.

Longdrinks
May 23 2015, 03:19:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Co8JGIV.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/365bd3/first_official_updated_coalition_map/

too bad marlona isnt here to tell us how its really just blue donut still

Verite Rendition
June 6 2015, 11:13:34 AM
The coalition map is now back in production. As with the last one, I'm just the person maintaining the code (to keep it in sync with the influence map), so if you want to argue coalition memberships you'll have to take it up with Chuggi over at Reddit.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/coalitionsov/Coalitioninfluence.png

LeoniaTavira
June 6 2015, 12:07:08 PM
so if you want to argue coalition memberships you'll have to take it up with Chuggi over at Reddit.

can you link where we might do that, because J4LP in Cloud Ring are still part of the Imperium (whatever reset is on the cards hasn't happened yet)

edit: I seem to have found the thread http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/38n2tq/eve_coalition_map/
holy fuck reddit

J4LP's argument for no longer being in the Imperium is "we're only light blue so we're not"

Jester
June 6 2015, 07:30:31 PM
can you link where we might do that, because J4LP in Cloud Ring are still part of the Imperium (whatever reset is on the cards hasn't happened yet). J4LP's argument for no longer being in the Imperium is "we're only light blue so we're not"

I don't envy Chuggi that discussion at all, because The Imperium's position is the same. Like the rest of us, I think you're going to have to just smirk in a knowing way when looking at that part of the map.

QuackBot
June 6 2015, 09:00:13 PM
There is things shifting around, which is good. But sadly I just don't have the time really to do this. I will talk with Verite and see if we can come up with some solution to get this working. Perhaps involve some other people who are more involved in the politics and have spies in all the coalitions to do the standings research. God if only standings was public knowledge, would really be something.
And played eve when it was good.

Jester
July 17 2015, 08:48:08 PM
How hard would it be to generate a version of this map that, instead of divided by alliance, is divided by time zone? Say, four hour time blocks depending on the vulnerability timer set by each alliance.

I think that would be a fascinating (and useful!) variation on this map.

Svetlana Kerensky
August 4 2016, 05:54:57 PM
looks atm everything is neutral on the map today :)

Eli Stan
August 4 2016, 07:09:17 PM
Shoot ALL the things.