PDA

View Full Version : [TMA] Patching T1 EX armor holes vs boosting KE resists.

Ophichius
November 16 2013, 10:52:36 AM
I've seen discussions going both ways on overtanking KE vs patching EX holes for T1 cruisers and frigates. Is it worth ignoring EX (Only really an issue from Warriors, Fusion, Barrage) in favor of patching KE to better handle hybrids and caldari missile boats?

I'm curious both in general and in the specific context of solo/duo roaming in cheap T1 stuff. (i.e. local tank only, very small numbers.)

-O

Daneel Trevize
November 16 2013, 12:28:09 PM
On cruisers, why not Reactive Armour Hardener?

Keckers
November 16 2013, 12:29:15 PM
I guess that depends very much on the area you are roaming and locals ship preferences. If you know minmatar ships are popular with the locals then you'll definitely want that explosive hole plugged.

Ophichius
November 16 2013, 01:09:30 PM
On cruisers, why not Reactive Armour Hardener?

RAH breakpoint is reached at cruiser EHP now? Damn I may have to start taking a closer look at training up the skills for one.

-O

sharptoast
November 18 2013, 09:01:51 AM
Assuming that you are running some sort of T1 armour cruiser gang with Augorors or something my first question would be (Because it heavily effects what fits are sub optimal or not), are you running tanking links?

Ophichius
November 18 2013, 02:04:37 PM
Assuming that you are running some sort of T1 armour cruiser gang with Augorors or something my first question would be (Because it heavily effects what fits are sub optimal or not), are you running tanking links?

No logi, no links. Local tanks only. (I know, I know, 2006 called, it wants its comps back.)

-O

Janeway84
November 22 2013, 10:34:21 AM
Real men local tank it! ;D

prometheus
November 23 2013, 02:51:59 PM
When local tanking, I run an active low explosive and a kinetic armor resist rig.
Explosive weapons are FAR more common than kinetic specific.

IMO, evening out kin/therm is more than enough whereas it doesnt hurt to overboost explosive.