PDA

View Full Version : The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything (HB)

metacannibal
October 30 2013, 09:26:21 AM
Historicals are teh most important thing ever, what is your take on this?

Selb
October 30 2013, 09:30:39 AM
Flying in to this thread at treetop altitude, aka the ground floor.

balistic void
October 30 2013, 10:06:25 AM
I fly HB to have fun, but I fly AB to farm money fast. If they adjusted the earnings I would never go near AB.

Isyel
October 30 2013, 10:50:22 AM
Alt tab for 5 to 10 minutes while climbing, then having to return to base and waste 10 minutes, only to hunt the last guy who's hiding for another 5 minutes, best game mode!

(WTB Arcade with HB flight model)

balistic void
October 30 2013, 11:11:27 AM
Actually I've been flying bombers a lot in HB, you start in the air etc. Do217 sooo much better than flying that damn He111.... You get 5000 cash for popping a heavy tank or destroyer I think.

metacannibal
October 30 2013, 11:48:40 AM
Actually I've been flying bombers a lot in HB, you start in the air etc. Do217 sooo much better than flying that damn He111.... You get 5000 cash for popping a heavy tank or destroyer I think.

You either just started this game recently or are trolling heavily no?

Varcaus
October 30 2013, 12:14:16 PM
:roll: how's ~~~-420xxxElItExxxPVPxxx~~~ going meta? Still crywanking over log book to make yourself feel better?

Isyel
October 30 2013, 12:18:08 PM
Varc, you're both dumb cunts when it comes to this argument so just stop it.

balistic void
October 30 2013, 12:40:25 PM

You either just started this game recently or are trolling heavily no?

Nope been playing for ages, took a long break and then back again. Arcade is so mindless it's good to have a change of pace sometimes.

Hoggbert
October 30 2013, 12:40:41 PM
Unlike you singleminded freaks i'm able to enjoy all game modes (except full real because rigging up my joystick would require me to tidy up my desk).
Arcade for some quick fun action, historical if i feel the need to pull my pipe and tobacco out, groom my neckbeard whilst recording my musings on the finer things in life before killing a plane or two.
However, historicals are better enjoyed alone than flying in squads, because you WILL die of boredom if you're the first to die and your squadmates keep flying for another 45 min.

Varcaus
October 30 2013, 01:11:36 PM
Varc, you're both dumb cunts when it comes to this argument so just stop it.

But now there's a subform to have fun in. (I don't mind arcade I just find it gets repetitive pretty quick)

Torashuu
October 30 2013, 02:17:20 PM
Unlike you singleminded freaks i'm able to enjoy all game modes (except full real because rigging up my joystick would require me to tidy up my desk).
Arcade for some quick fun action, historical if i feel the need to pull my pipe and tobacco out, groom my neckbeard whilst recording my musings on the finer things in life before killing a plane or two.
However, historicals are better enjoyed alone than flying in squads, because you WILL die of boredom if you're the first to die and your squadmates keep flying for another 45 min.
I said I was sorry I missed that spit and it died seconds too late. :)

On a different note:
The Ki-84 and A6M3 mod22 Ko Japanese fighters are coming in one of the future patches!

Venec
October 30 2013, 03:00:55 PM
On the topic of AB vs HB eternal neckbeard war: I get more buzz from killing one plane in HB than four in AB.

Isyel
October 30 2013, 03:27:32 PM
The Ki-84 and A6M3 mod22 Ko Japanese fighters are coming in one of the future patches!

omgomgomgomg and there pics on the forums as well

<3

Torashuu
October 30 2013, 05:03:44 PM
On the topic of AB vs HB vs FRB eternal neckbeard war: I get more buzz from killing one plane in FRB than fourty in HB.

Venec
October 30 2013, 05:07:44 PM
I would love to play FRBs but the pixel hunting is just too much for me. Too tedious and annoying, plus I get a headache from using FaceTrackNoIR :(

FRBs with icons pls Gaijin :(

Hoggbert
October 30 2013, 05:11:37 PM
It's a bit like debating taste in music, women and religion.
All modes have their pros and cons, which is nice since i can choose which suits my mood the best at any given time.
Unlike, say, Mechwarrior and tanks which only have one mode regardless.

Torashuu
October 30 2013, 05:21:50 PM
I would love to play FRBs but the pixel hunting is just too much for me. Too tedious and annoying, plus I get a headache from using FaceTrackNoIR :(

FRBs with icons pls Gaijin :(
You mistake my intent. Not saying FRB is superiah!111. Saying the argument is nonsensical. As Hogg says, there is a time and place for each mode and one is not inherently superior to the other. It all depends on what you want from it. If, for example, I say I want a challenge: AB with FRB controls, cockpitview only, no lead indicator. Hardest mode. Enemies with superior SA and aim vs you.

Venec
October 30 2013, 05:41:41 PM
Yeah I know, sorry you took my post as a stab at you, and I fully agree with you :) I was just relating to my FRB experience.

RazoR
October 30 2013, 11:57:12 PM
FRBs with icons pls Gaijin :(But isn't that what HB essentially is? Also mouse aim.

Anybody know how to turn the fucking instructor overdrive off?

Varcaus
October 31 2013, 12:05:59 AM
It's a bit like debating taste in music, women and religion.
All modes have their pros and cons, which is nice since i can choose which suits my mood the best at any given time.
Unlike, say, Mechwarrior and tanks which only have one mode regardless.

Tanks has 2 now :P

Venec
October 31 2013, 12:29:54 AM
FRBs with icons pls Gaijin :(But isn't that what HB essentially is? Also mouse aim.

Kinda, except FRB has stalls, forced cockpit and stick controls (terrible mouse stick thingy is not an option). I've read somewhere that FMs are also slightly diffrent, but I think it's rather due to diffrent control method.

RazoR
October 31 2013, 12:54:59 AM

Kinda, except FRB has stalls, forced cockpit and stick controls (terrible mouse stick thingy is not an option). I've read somewhere that FMs are also slightly diffrent, but I think it's rather due to diffrent control method.Instructor won't let you enter a stall, unless you've been damaged and/or forced into it but it's still possible.

Torashuu
October 31 2013, 01:02:07 AM
Difference between HB & FRB FM is as big as between AB and HB. You can use mouse 'joystick' but its not recommended. HB still allows mouse aim and thus some instructor. FRB has none ever due to only allowing instructorless control modes.

Venec
October 31 2013, 10:02:12 AM

Kinda, except FRB has stalls, forced cockpit and stick controls (terrible mouse stick thingy is not an option). I've read somewhere that FMs are also slightly diffrent, but I think it's rather due to diffrent control method.Instructor won't let you enter a stall, unless you've been damaged and/or forced into it but it's still possible.

In over 300 HBs I think I stalled total of 5 times, three of them I flew with a stick, so yeah :)