PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to create a commerical website

Laundry
May 20 2011, 03:01:54 PM
Basically i have an idea, i have the time, money and resources to get it running. I want to expand online but i have zero programming/designing knowledge when it comes to sites. Does anyone here have that knowledge? id be prepared to pay or you can have a % stake in the profits.

Its pretty simple. Just needs the graphics, ability for users to input shit which is then shown on the product and a checkout system. Pm me

Jason Marshall
May 21 2011, 11:21:33 AM
word press or joomla themes are your friends.

Devec
May 21 2011, 07:38:09 PM
I would seriously recommend getting a proper professional to work onto it because of issues with maintenance of your website and such. It may cost a bit more but the guarantee of having a safe and secure website avoids a shit load of trouble.

Unless you want it to be temporarily of course and once your business is running replace it with a better version. Personally my only experience is with basic website design as my actual website designing skills are quite good (aesthetics) but my coding skills are bad (I only know HTML, CSS and bits of javascript).

Also avoid php like the plague, get someone is fluent in asp.net, although that depends on the kind of project you have on your mind.

HyJek
May 21 2011, 11:02:27 PM
I have been using Wordpress lately as I am in a similar situation and it is pretty nice, although it can be extremely limiting sometimes regarding customization

Ben Derindar
May 22 2011, 02:50:57 AM
I would seriously recommend getting a proper professional to work onto it because of issues with maintenance of your website and such. It may cost a bit more but the guarantee of having a safe and secure website avoids a shit load of trouble.
/thread

zangorus
May 22 2011, 03:03:50 AM
use freewebs imo best thing ever

Waagaa
May 22 2011, 10:13:23 AM
What's your location and what's your budget?

hinch
May 23 2011, 06:02:13 PM
i can do the development side of things i suck at design and pretty pictures though.

also turns out i'm pretty "work free" at the moment :)

mjukis
May 23 2011, 11:08:18 PM
Use shopify or one of the other 1000 e-commerce packages that were built just for the purpose of letting people sell shit on the Internet without having to recreate the wheel?

spiralJunkie
May 27 2011, 09:42:01 PM
get laythun to do it
http://www.bytelove.com/images/uploads/Bytelove/oneliners/lol%20-%20photo.jpg

Al Simmons
May 28 2011, 01:38:08 AM
Sell it on ebay.