PDA

View Full Version : [TMA] Space Trucking

Mea
April 10 2011, 02:23:53 AM
Starting to look at it. Seems interesting, have some questions though:

Is space trucking without a Freighter worth it? (Indy V)
Do you guys use any tools to know what items to haul, like eve-central?
Do you sell directly to buy or setup sell orders?
How much capital do you need starting out?

Garst Tyrell
April 10 2011, 02:35:46 AM
when I first started the game I bought npc trade goods, moved them like 8 jumps and resold to higher buy orders from npc corps. Made like 12mil, thought I was pretty rich. jumped into lowsec got my bestower alphad. I was heartbroken because I needed the isk from the hydrocarbons to pay off my loan shark. Although I think that was the only hauler ive ever lost so theres that.

Does that answer your question?

Surveyor
April 10 2011, 08:00:54 AM
Starting to look at it. Seems interesting, have some questions though:

Is space trucking without a Freighter worth it? (Indy V)

Depends, but usually its quite dangerous nowadys. If your using a T2 Indy, tank it or use the cloaking device and if you are tansporting something valuable don't fly AFK! :slaver:

Formula to work aout a reasonable max valua of cargo is:

(Cost of ship hulls + T1-Artillery-Fitting needed to alpha you) - Insurance = maxvalue you should transport

And esp. between Amarr and Jita, DO NOT FLY AFK if you have something rmotly valuable onboard!

Do you guys use any tools to know what items to haul, like eve-central?

It can behelpfull, but their data gets spoilt (or at least was back then) by malicious people before DT now and then :o.
So use it with discretion!

Do you sell directly to buy or setup sell orders?

Depends on how good you're at marketPvP. It can increase your profit BUT if its trade by someone where you are selling, your better of just selling to buyorders (if you wanna avoid the hassle)

Hard to tell and depends on what you exactly wanna truck around. I guess some hundred m's are ga good start.
If you're really like space trucking, aim for a freighter and contact one of the known transportcorps (Red Frog, but there are others) and they will help you i reckon.

kzig
April 10 2011, 09:32:57 AM
And esp. between Amarr and Jita, DO NOT FLY AFK if you have something rmotly valuable onboard!

The main 0.5 sec bottleneck systems are Niarja and Uedama. If you have both of these on your autopilot avoid list, it's usually impossible to go between any two major trade hubs without passing through lowsec.

Hard to tell and depends on what you exactly wanna truck around. I guess some hundred m's are ga good start.
If you're really like space trucking, aim for a freighter and contact one of the known transportcorps (Red Frog, but there are others) and they will help you i reckon.[/quote]

RF usually recommends that applicants have at least 1bn isk and a freighter capable of moving with a capacity >= 860k m^3. This is their upper limit on value and volume per contract; they do get some smaller ones, but a lot of their customers are paranoid (this is EVE, after all) and set the full 1bn isk collateral for everything. You should also have a clean criminal record; i.e. no history of scamming or corp theft.

There are some really crazy people there - I know one of their members who operates 3 frieghters in parallel and who has personally accepted over 20bn isk worth of contracts at once :psyduck:

Amantus
April 10 2011, 12:31:38 PM
I dunno man I enjoy trucking

Jalif
April 10 2011, 04:01:48 PM
Trucking would be awesome if there weren't so many suiciders and scammers.

Garst Tyrell
April 10 2011, 07:31:06 PM
surely you guys cant really think courier contracts are valuable compared to pretty much any other way of making isk, right?

Surveyor
April 10 2011, 09:19:30 PM
This is notreally about 'its more efficient then xyz'.
Mea asked if you need a frighter to be a spacetrucker and we respond.

There ARE other ways to make more ISK/h but if he wants it this way ... ;)

Haffrage
April 10 2011, 09:31:08 PM
space road trucking done right looks like this

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/haffrage/firstcourier2.jpg

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/haffrage/secondcourier.jpg

look at collateral

now look at contents

40m for a legion, 50m for everything in the second pic

that's how I kept my subs active for a couple months

space road truckers fuck yeah

Surveyor
April 10 2011, 09:36:37 PM
Gratz and :psyduck: at those gimps setting the couriers up

P.S.: The legion is missing a sub oO

Sudden
April 10 2011, 11:25:35 PM
I need to start looking at couriers

Smuggo
April 11 2011, 03:05:58 PM
I need to start looking at couriers

Daypitoum
April 12 2011, 08:33:42 AM
if you're into serious trading (aka going trough 50+ orders twice a day), download EVEMentat (http://www.evementat.com/), its quite awesome tool.

Using your full API and market imports from cache (you just have to look at the item in market) it lets you know which orders need changing, copies new price, etc etc. Saves a lot of time really 8-)

If you are totally new to trading well its not rocket science, go to a mission hub and sell ammo, drones, mods.... or go near a 0.0 entrance and sell ships/fittings/ammo/paste etc. Just ask yourself what you usually need when you open the market ;) You can also sit in station and play the 0.01 isk war but bots will beat you to it and it takes too much time imo.

Never move empty, time is money. Always look for stuff to bring back, buy meta4 loot, check contracts, maybe start PI ? Just don't move empty if you can avoid it.

Hope this helped

Dysgenesis
April 23 2011, 11:49:18 PM
How do you check inside containers for the contents of courier contracts?

Kalnov
April 24 2011, 12:27:26 AM
How do you check inside containers for the contents of courier contracts?

When you accept the courier, you are given a package. Open the package, do not repackage nor "break". It will then let you see the contents without voiding the contract.

At this point you must decide if it is worth more than the collateral. The answer is usually "no". Sometimes you get lucky and pay a 1b collateral for a freight container full of 5b worth of nocx, however.

Dysgenesis
April 24 2011, 06:58:19 AM
Ty, mabe a career change is in order if it means legions for 50M.

Vortex
April 24 2011, 08:57:09 PM
So you can see through both the plastic wrap and the freight containers as well? I was under the impression you could only look 1 layer deep. That certainly is an interesting revelation....

Talinthi
April 24 2011, 09:20:32 PM
So you can see through both the plastic wrap and the freight containers as well? I was under the impression you could only look 1 layer deep. That certainly is an interesting revelation....
Afaik you can't see ship fits without jumping through some hoops(yay for item exchange contracts) but you can see anything within that plastic wrap. Only place you might be able to hide something is the fuel bay on a blop, but then thats only fuel so......

cillisia
April 27 2011, 02:00:44 PM
actually you can hide expensive shit in a courier contract still, you just need to put the expensive shit on an assembled ship, obviously only works for mods and such. and then put an assembled can in the courier contract too with some stuff in it. The contracter won't be able to do an item exchange contract then as there is stuff inside the container and therefore won't be able to see the items fit on said assembled ship....

z0de
April 28 2011, 11:50:55 PM
actually you can hide expensive shit in a courier contract still, you just need to put the expensive shit on an assembled ship, obviously only works for mods and such. and then put an assembled can in the courier contract too with some stuff in it. The contracter won't be able to do an item exchange contract then as there is stuff inside the container and therefore won't be able to see the items fit on said assembled ship....
however finding a contract with all that effort put in to it is probably worth cracking open anyway, unless people start setting up fake ones with high collaterals.

Wrack
April 29 2011, 03:54:35 AM
Why would anyone want to jump through hoops to hide an expensive item in a contract with low collateral? If they're doing that, they know their items are valuable and aren't going to screw themselves over. The payday couriers are a result of idiots just typing any random number, or of :minerals I mine are free:

theBlind
April 29 2011, 07:25:04 AM
Oh, people are setting up fake ones with high collaterals, I already paid some 25m ISK for 4 large containers and a general freight container when I played a bit with this.

walrus
March 2 2012, 01:50:45 AM
:Necromancer casts lvl 3 ressurection:

How often does freighters get suicideganked?

Varcaus
March 2 2012, 02:18:35 AM

How often does freighters get suicideganked? Not sure but with the new teir 3s should have picked up a bit.

whispous
March 2 2012, 07:36:19 AM

How often does freighters get suicideganked?

completely depends how much you have inside MATE