PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Heat interation modules

CC
August 16 2013, 10:10:36 PM
So as not to derail the the BLOPS thread came up with some idea's for a second ewar for caldari. Or fuck it straight up replace ECM. ^_^

I guess only for high slot? Because someone burning your mids or lows out would be a whole can of worms I don't think is worth opening atm. I don't know if it would be possible to code it so it can only generate heat while mods are active on that rack? If that's possible then fuck it you can probably do heat projector's for affecting high, mid and low slots just called something slightly different.

Heat Projector I (med slot)

Activation 30
Power 1
CPU 40
Optimal 26000
Falloff 26000
Duration 10
Heatemissionprojection 0.01 <----- This is the heat projected to the rack (increases those dials you see on your hud thingy), not actual damage. [new stat?]
Heatdamage 1.0
Heatemission 0.01 [Always generates heat when active?]

Heat Extractor I (high slot)

Activation 20
Power 1
CPU 30
Optimal 5000
Duration 10
Heatemissionextraction 0.01 <----- This is the heat remotely removed from the targeted ships racks (decreases those dials you see increase on your hud thingy). Not damage that is still repaired by nanite paste. [new stat?]
Heatdamage 1.0
Heatemission 0.01 [Always generates heat when active?]

Coolant Injector I (med/high/low slot?)

Capacity (some adequate amount forget how much coolant is in m3)
Power 5
CPU 15
Duration 15
Duration(Overload) -20%
Heatemissiondissipation 0.01 <----- This is the heat removed from rack (decreases those dials you see increase on your hud thingy) it is placed on. Not damage that is still repaired by nanite paste. [new stat?]
Heatdamage 1.0
Heatemission 0.01

Alternatively if it took enough coolant it decreases heat generation from all racks at once? Would probably have to increase it's fitting req's for that.

Make TII as appropriate I dunno whatever. Now I guess the remote tracking link bonus can switch to this new heat extractor? And directly sub in? Because only really niche uses have logi's actually using them aside from incursion logi's. I think I remember a couple of times I used them on an Oneiros when it had 5 mids. For the heat projector the bonus can go to the caldari recons/EAF/widow (whatever TII have the double ecm bonuses anyway) instead of the cap use skill for ecm (maybe just put that skill into the ship hull, or up it's cap recharge or cap amount to compensate). Have the new skill be some strength bonus for the new heat projector module.

Needs new skills etc for range of heat projector so it can operate at same ranges as the falcon/rook/kitsune/widow do now and I guess cap use. Same for the others.

I just based the modules off of T1 versions of ecm for the projector, tracking link for the extractor and small cap booster for the coolant injector. Lowered the cycle time and therfore cap etc for the projector, put heat extractor to high instead of mid, because heat extractor logi could be a thing? Also you kind of need mids on logi for other stuff. The coolant injector was just a sort of afterthought so you could counter the projector without a dedicated logi ship but is also useful anyways. I kind of like the idea that it interacts with the heat generation and not the actual damage, so you still need nanite paste to repair damage. Sort of a prevention, not cure effect.

Also I have no idea about specifics of heat generation and about the exact stats and how much those mods can be abused as I wrote it. Seems like a decent idea? Could be good with actual testing and iteration? Anyone have actual knowledge of the heat mechanics and how it works?

:derper:

TZeer
August 18 2013, 12:48:02 PM
Like the idea. How would it stack? Would more modules increase heat transferred to the target? If you have enough modules, would you be able to damage their modules in one cycle?

How about modules that can not overheat, can they take damage as well? Like NOS, neuts, cloaks etc.

QuackBot
August 18 2013, 01:00:14 PM
Like the idea. How would it stack? Would more modules increase heat transferred to the target? If you have enough modules, would you be able to damage their modules in one cycle?

How about modules that can not overheat, can they take damage as well? Like NOS, neuts, cloaks etc.
Like the idea.

CC
August 18 2013, 08:16:01 PM

Ah I totally forgot about the stacking penalty mechanic. Shows I haven't logged onto eve for three months. ^_^ That would solve the problem I guess for it being overpowered. I guess it should stack penalize the same as webs? so 1st mod 100%, 2nd mod 87%, 3rd mod 57%, 4th mod I forget. That would make it be able to use on different racks I guess though I am still wary of it being used on mids and lows I mean you would just get royally fucked over on active tanking and kiting, seems like a bad idea.

It would need to take longer than a cycle to burn the guns of a ship, due to it having a much longer cycle than pretty much all short range guns (after skills) and the heat generation/projection stat, being less than the actual guns in general (I just took a general scan of those stats in EFT). With skills etc it could become overpowered, but the Coolant injector should help and be used where you have a utility spot somewhere. And I am thinking that it only affects the heat generation stat and not the actual damage, in this way it would mean it still damages the whole rack the same way as normal OH'd mods do, just at a slightly accelerated rate. AFAIK nos and neuts can be OH'd (reduces cycle time)?

I know some people like MOAR buttons and especially active tankers, seems like an interesting idea and just Caldari need another form of racial ewar for the TII's?

PS - How can I edit the thread title so the spelling is correct? I can't see the option in edit first post.

TZeer
August 19 2013, 06:50:53 AM
Problem as I can see it, is that while trying to not make it overpowered, you can end up making it useless...

- Time it takes to actually have any impact will be to long before the target is dead. Or you'r dead...
- In large fleet fights it will have little to no impact, targets will be so many that the ones that has to stop shooting and repair will have close to no impact on the fight.

In the end you can just bring another logi or DPS ship.

The ECM as we know today is also an important tool to break the logistics RR/Cap chains.

Alain Colcer
August 19 2013, 02:45:38 PM
actually, given the Gallente and Caldari "share" the hybrid weapon technology, and their technological origins are linked, it would make more sense to have a warp scrambler range bonus on both Caldari recons..

Mike deVoid
August 26 2013, 10:51:15 PM
Advanced edit to change thread title.