PDA

View Full Version : [TMA] hi-sec POS takedowns

The Crushah
May 16 2011, 06:53:26 PM
Ive been noticing a fair number of offline POS'es in high sec operated by 1-5 man corps. Many of them still have various items anchored including ship maintenance arrays, large ship assembly arrays, etc. My mind is fuzzy regarding POS takedown mechanics. Is this still correct if I choose to wardec said corp:

If I blow up the tower, I can unanchor the other anchored items.

If I choose instead to shoot a ship maintenance array instead for example, I get a chance of anything inside dropping without taking down the tower?

Are there any other mechanics in this vein im forgetting about?

EDIT: Annnnnd I just realized I probably posted this in the wrong section. Mods are welcome to abuse me and move this to another section.

Dwergi
May 16 2011, 09:52:58 PM
Yes, if the tower pops everything else is unanchorable.

Yes, if there's anything in the SMA or CHA, it has a chance to drop.

POS takedowns can be profitable, but if you're doing it with just you and alts:
- target only POS with faction mods (profit reasons)
- add everyone in the corp to your watchlist before you do it
- use cap stable Amarr BS: most towers have an EM hole despite hardeners and using standard crystals you won't have to reload, so can pay minimal attention to it

Enjoy shooting towers for 3 hours...

Wabs
May 17 2011, 10:07:28 AM
if you unanchor the sma or cha any stuff in it won't drop! so best to shoot these if you want to know if there is something in them

Phatstabley
May 18 2011, 04:50:50 PM
First thing to check, is there a station in system? It's worth it to go visit the station(s) and look to see if your target corp has an office at one. If they don't, you may score some prints.

smeppi
May 25 2011, 12:36:25 PM
Enjoy shooting towers for 3 hours...

3 hours is a little underestimated.. more like 3 days!