PDA

View Full Version : New Mouse

Joe Appleby
April 10 2011, 12:47:39 AM
So, my first gen G5's mouse wheel somewhat died. That is a lovely excuse to get a new mouse.
I currently am looking at either the Logitech Performance Mouse MX (http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/logitech-performance-mouse-mx/4505-3148_7-33769469.html) and the MX1100R OEM (http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/logitech-mx-1100-cordless/4505-3148_7-33204649.html) - the link is about the regular MX1100, one can get an OEM version with micro usb charging just like the other. 68 and officially available vs 44 and not officially available on its own. The theme I think is obvious: large wireless mice that are rechargeable. There is also a Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=010) that is fairly big, but not rechargeable. The Razer Mamba is way out of the price range, the Logitech Performance is stretching it as it is. There is another Microsoft Mouse (http://www.microsoft.com/germany/hardware/pc-maeuse-tastaturen/wireless-laser-mouse-7000/default.mspx) (German! not on US site) but it seems to be not available from independent retailers.

Roccat Kova+ (http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kova-/) would be a contender for wired, as would of course be the newer G5 or the good old 518.

Razer Orochi (http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169419000/categoryId.35208800) and Roccat Pyra Wireless (http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Pyra-Wireless/) also fit the bill in terms of features, but they are just too damn small.

So, dear FHC, what should I do?

Pay a wee bit more than I want on the Revolution? Buy the cheaper but hardly available MX1100R (only one retailer)? Or just go for the new one, the Roccat?

stormyfs-shitpoastin
April 10 2011, 01:53:58 AM
Been using a Roccat Kone (noplus) since it came out.
It's pretty nice, buttons in all the right places, good reaction time, etc.

I've always preferred wired mousies though, which goes against your preference, so take what I said with a grain of salt.

Joe Appleby
April 10 2011, 01:58:19 AM
Well, I have been using wired before as well, except the MX1000 (battery dead), but I always had problems keeping charged. The mice I picked out offer charging by cable, so it isn't a big deal if I forget to charge them. Right now my back up mouse is a Microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse. Nice, but rather small. If I get used to that by Monday, I will buy a roccat pyra wireless.
Wires just started to annoy me, as my desk is rather cluttered.

Spaztick
April 10 2011, 02:15:09 AM
Gigabyte makes a pretty damn good mouse that I use. Flashy LED lights and programmable macros you can put on it (which is basically just clicking a button and having the mouse do different things depending on what macro you select, distinguished by color).

Called a Ghost. Was pretty darn cheap too, and is a bit more durable than my last mouse. Gave me a free mousepad too (a HUEG one).

Raine Woot
April 10 2011, 04:09:26 AM
obligatory mx518 (have used for >5 years and still love it)

Booley
April 10 2011, 06:06:02 AM
Im using the g500, pretty happy with it. Its basically my old g5 (which also had mousewheel die) but with the addition of a fwd button.

Ryas Nia
April 10 2011, 06:25:20 AM
stick with the logitech and stick with wired no regrets MX510 still going strong.

Spaztick
April 10 2011, 07:29:43 AM
Logitech mice always break on me early, within a few years. This provokes much anger in me.

TroN
April 10 2011, 08:26:13 AM
I have had a Logitech MX518 since they were new. I keep thinking about getting a new mouse and then realising that I really don't need to.

Helen
April 10 2011, 08:34:12 AM
I have had a Logitech MX518 since they were new. I keep thinking about getting a new mouse and then realising that I really don't need to.

Totally worth quoting, how the fuck Logitech mice can be broken is a source of much amusement to me.

Hast
April 10 2011, 08:43:15 AM
MX518 or get out.

fng
April 10 2011, 09:33:46 AM
Free wheel is important imo, wouldn't buy anything without two scroll modes.

Muffinsrevenger
April 10 2011, 12:29:17 PM
Using this (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TRsJKrwx2Sc/SwZ7rY63R7I/AAAAAAAAK0k/KxoqCu8TNfw/s1600/Mionix+Naos+5000.png), is great

Verizana
April 10 2011, 12:57:51 PM
Logitech g700 should fit the bill, ive tried it and its excellent

spiralJunkie
April 10 2011, 02:00:24 PM
Wires just started to annoy me, as my desk is rather cluttered.

get a bungee. no shit, they're awsome

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/N1tExEF5FDTW3P9kxWWYoS3u6czk7QHbbem9wn_OJg1DK03QK8 _7ySt3mxmcxZGyhbFUqm16VX22jNJLXbFK5SItGxiKz6DalqT_ hnjMcD0_XMI3aVEQPaRbBYJ3iW58xR67wkWyGEuAat19hnBLAf pPE8j6

Joe Appleby
April 10 2011, 02:37:50 PM
The bungee alone is half my budget for a mouse right now.

Lorkin Desal
April 10 2011, 10:52:02 PM
Logitech MX Revolution FTW. Seriously, I want no other mouse. Ever.

teds
April 11 2011, 01:43:15 AM
Logitech mice always break on me early, within a few years. This provokes much anger in me.

had the same logitech MX1000 (bestest mouse ever) for like...7 years now. aside from needing to be charged almost daily it's still working fine \o/

Joe Appleby
April 11 2011, 02:10:01 AM
Lucky you, mine is dead. I will order the Performance MX tomorrow I think, unless I change my mind last second and go Microsoft 6000, or last second MX1100R, as it has the best of both worlds, charging through cable and replaceable batteries. Either way, it is going to be wireless.

EDIT: just read the performance mouse battery is a AA one. Buying right now.

teds
April 11 2011, 12:06:28 PM
could you do a review when you get it? I'll be doing a new build in a few months for BF3 and lovely though my mx1000 is, i'll probably get a new set of peripherals

Joe Appleby
April 11 2011, 12:15:44 PM
Will do when I get to it. It should be here tomorrow (amazon ftw) but I won't be sober until Wednesday afternoon.

Amantus
April 11 2011, 01:22:51 PM
MX Revolution owns so hard. I think they've stopped making them though, which is baww.

Joe Appleby
April 13 2011, 01:10:31 PM
So mouse is here. Properly big, may be able to do comparison pics tonight or so? Nice feel to it, solid. Thumbrest is great, alt tab button is awesome. No idea yet about battery life, cannot comment on range of the receiver, as it sits in a port in my G11 right next to it. Obviously cannot comment on battery life, as I am on first charge and stuff. Charge cable is quite long. It comes with a pouch for cables and wall charger, which is included and a usb charger, so if you don't have one of those, this is awesome. For me, it is my third, have a HTC one for the Desire HD, one Logitech, and one no name.

In short: feels very nice, Logitech delivers.

teds
April 13 2011, 01:35:58 PM
n1 thanks

EntroX
April 13 2011, 05:21:28 PM
mx518 or get out.

Adam C
April 14 2011, 01:06:27 PM
Recently changed my mouse to a g500 (my g5 scroll wheel went funny)
Overall I'm still getting use to its scroll wheel feels too soft (change mode to its free roll its even softer)
I brushed up on the sensitivity settings, though i still feel the slight bit of jitter.

I'll likely change it in the near future as its a cheapy.

Helen
April 14 2011, 04:20:37 PM
mx518 or get out.

Fuck yeah. :companioncube:

orcane
April 14 2011, 06:55:25 PM
G700 is kinda win although the "gaming" receiver is somewhat annoying if you have other "unified" devices (which I don't). I still want a proper upgrade to my MX700. RIP.

Ryuichi
April 14 2011, 08:02:32 PM
Dammit I wish I read this forum more at work. I have just ordered a replacement mouse for my Logitech MX1000 which has also died. I bought a Razer Imperator on the advice of a coworker. If it's shit I'm going to stab him in the eye.

spiralJunkie
April 16 2011, 07:45:21 PM
so first off, I know we have a PC forum, but this isn't at all a technical question, so General is better in my very humble opinion.

currently:

http://www.thedcpc.com/store/images/LogitechMX518.jpeg

it's comfortable
it's wired (no fagging about with batteries / forgetting to recharge it)
it's good for FPS and/or photoshop work

what do you have/ recommend (two different things)

PS I don't want a mouse that has over 9000 buttons and looks like a concept car from I, Robot

SteeleResolve
April 16 2011, 07:47:55 PM
no mate this should still be in the PC thread tbh

still rocking with my logitech G5 btw

MaZ
April 16 2011, 07:50:19 PM
You already have best, don't touch!

Don Pellegrino
April 16 2011, 07:51:12 PM
Worst poster on FHC

Moved to the right subforum

spiralJunkie
April 16 2011, 07:51:31 PM
but the right-click is dying

MaZ
April 16 2011, 08:01:31 PM
Buy another

spiralJunkie
April 16 2011, 08:02:02 PM
Buy another
but new = cool

Devec
April 16 2011, 08:10:08 PM
Used to have a MX revolution until it died, because logitech are champs they gave me a Performance MX. Love it.

The Monkeysphere
April 16 2011, 08:22:25 PM
http://images.hinnavaatlus.ee/w900h900/input_logitech_mx310__8eac.jpg

Travel 10 years back in time, buy an MX310, enjoy for ages. It's what I do.

Ryas Nia
April 16 2011, 08:31:52 PM
MX518 is about the best mouse out there you can try the G500 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318) or just get another 518.

Joe Appleby
April 16 2011, 09:50:41 PM
As mentioned in a very similarly named thread, I have a new performance mouse mx. It is wireless but works wired just as well. MX 518 is obviously awesome. You may want to look at razor lacchesis or roccat kone or kova. Microsoft mice are also great quality.

Mrenda
April 16 2011, 09:59:33 PM
Steelseries Ikari. It's light but good.

http://xsreviews.co.uk/images/steelseriesikari/stock.jpg

Jayne Corr
April 16 2011, 10:06:44 PM
http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-/
http://www.roccat.org/img/thumbs/img_11698_5_796_400.jpg

Don Pellegrino
April 16 2011, 10:20:03 PM
Steelseries Ikari. It's light but good.

http://xsreviews.co.uk/images/steelseriesikari/stock.jpg

I've had an MX518, tried a G5 and a G500, owned a Gigabyte GM8800, tried a Razor Lachesis and owned a Razor Imperator.

The Ikari is the only one that I never had to get used to it at first, it just *felt right*. The shape is perfect.

It's the best mouse I've ever had and it feels extremely sturdy, unlike the Razor mice I've tried. The precision is perfect and the software is good.

Recommended

Loganbacca
April 17 2011, 12:36:06 AM
What's the Razer Lachesis like?

Currently I've got an MX518, but I find the back isn't long/high enough, so I can't sit my palm on it and instead just end up with a finger grip instead of a claw grip that I prefer. The Lachesis looks like it would be about the right shape for me, unfortunately pretty much nowhere over here stocks them instore so I can't really try one before I buy it as I'll have to buy from an e-tailer instead. My brothers got a R.A.T.5 which can extend the palm grip back and sits quite nicely, although I'd rather get something else. Any thoughts on the Lachesis from anyone that's used it? Does it sound like it's roughly what I'm after?

Yukine
April 17 2011, 11:38:37 AM
I have now a few month the Logitech G700 (wireless)gaming mouse and its a very handy mouse, lots of extra buttons and the battery is recharge able. But there good quality, only need to recharge once a week. still I can use it as wired, so I never need to worry about losing a ship cos of low battery :p
Anyway, its a good one and I would say, look it up but its not cheap but worth it.

http://techgadget4all.com/images/logitech-g700-wireless-gaming-mouse.jpg

Vasponger
April 17 2011, 02:21:02 PM
i have a... saitek gm-3200, nice suppose theres something more comfortable out there though, kinda wish it was taller.

not to mention its ugly as shit

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Saitek/GM3200_Laser_Mouse/images/title.jpg

EntroX
April 17 2011, 05:49:27 PM
mx518 or get out

Samp
April 17 2011, 06:24:19 PM
I'm using a logitech G9 wired - and the harware is great, but the software is annoying as fuck. Having different profiles for different games - great. Having them load as and when you run the game - great. Having them not load maybe 1 time out of 10 so you go to switch drone targets for the thrid time in a fight before realising that it didn't bother loading the profile so your PTT and drone attack hasn't been working all this time - rage inducing. You can use the increadibly incoviently located button to switch manualy but NOT if the sw is set to autodetect. Then you have to open in from the task bar, switch to manual selection, then fiddle.

And no you can't leave it in manual all the time becasue you can only have 5 manualy selectable programmes.

If you're not really a multigamer or you play games which weren't written by stupids and therefore support lots of mouse buttons it would be a great mouse.

The free-wheeling scroll is a master stroke. When you zoom out it goes crunch crunch crunch crunch. When I zoom out it goes wheeeee!

Ryuichi
April 17 2011, 07:59:14 PM
Dammit I wish I read this forum more at work. I have just ordered a replacement mouse for my Logitech MX1000 which has also died. I bought a Razer Imperator on the advice of a coworker. If it's shit I'm going to stab him in the eye.

Posting to confirm colleague still has both eyes intact.

z0de
April 17 2011, 10:16:14 PM
I have a razer deathadder and love it.

Amantus
April 17 2011, 10:29:49 PM
Hrrrnngggh. My MX Revolution is starting to pack up. It's starting to do that thing where it double clicks when I click the left mouse button once.
I bought my first MX Revolution in 2007 and Logitech gave me a new one in 2009 when it did the double-clicking thing. So now that one is doing the same thing almost 4 years after I originally bought the mouse.
The warranty on the mouse is 3 years. Does that only count from when I purchased the original mouse, or does it also apply from when I got the replacement mouse?

I pretty much bum the MX Revolution because it's sick and I also really like the thumb wheel, which I've got set up to change tracks (and pause/unpause when I click the thumb wheel). Annoyingly though, they've discontinued the MX Revolution.
The Performance MX, which is the mouse that seems to be the MX Revolution's successor, doesn't have that thumb wheel, which is annoying as fuck. It also doesn't have the auto-switching scroll wheel which toggles between free spin and regular clicky spin depending on how fast you scroll it, and instead uses the button below the mouse wheel to toggle between the modes, which is annoying since you're essentially losing that button (the same button is on the MX Revolution but you can also remap it to other shit since the scroll wheel can switch automatically).
Is there a mouse on the market at the moment which is as good as the MX Revolution and does similar stuff?

tl;dr
1) Will logitech replace my MX Revolution? 4 years since i bought it, but 2 years since they replaced the last one (3-year warranty)
2) Is there anything as good as the MX Revolution that isn't the Performance MX? Are there any Logitech mice currently in production which have the auto-switching click wheel?

Joe Appleby
April 18 2011, 06:39:15 AM
Performance mouse mx

Amantus
April 18 2011, 12:16:12 PM
Performance mouse mx

The Performance MX, which is the mouse that seems to be the MX Revolution's successor, doesn't have that thumb wheel, which is annoying as fuck. It also doesn't have the auto-switching scroll wheel which toggles between free spin and regular clicky spin depending on how fast you scroll it, and instead uses the button below the mouse wheel to toggle between the modes, which is annoying since you're essentially losing that button (the same button is on the MX Revolution but you can also remap it to other shit since the scroll wheel can switch automatically).

Performance MX seems a bit derpy. Does way less stuff.

Frug
April 18 2011, 01:35:00 PM
Don't get the microsoft mouse quoted in the OP. I gave it a shot, and everything, -everything- about it turned out to be wrong. It felt odd to hold (personal preference maybe), the wireless range on it was absolutely pitiful to the point that it became a problem at my desk, and whatever matte plastic material it's made out of collects hand dirt until you end up with this thing that is sheathed in crud and can't be cleaned and is actually kinda gross.

I had one logitech mouse whose clicker broke gradually after 2 years. Got the microsoft one. Got angry. Got a logitech M510 and am very happy with it. It's cheap and not fancy, but great.
Their unifying receiver thingy is turning out to be quite good too. Has twice the range of the microsoft thingy and yet it's so tiny.

Mavolio
April 18 2011, 10:47:39 PM
Logitech G700

I just ordered a G700 mouse to replace my MX510 which i've had sine they came out. Only rly replacing the 510 because it cant track on my new wooden table and i'm currently having to use..... a mouse mat :cut:

ps MX518 are over rated MX510 is where its at!

Aramendel
April 19 2011, 06:44:18 AM
I myself prefer the Performance over the Revolution I must admit.

I much (much!) prefer having a button to turn the freeflying mousewheel on and off, the automatic way of the Rev was either too slow to activate when I needed it or too fast to activate when I didn't. Never used the Thumbwheel so I did not care about loosing it. If anything it hindered me more than helped me.

Also - the thumbrest is now another big button which is nice. And that you can use it like a wired mouse while charging is very nice too.

untilted
April 27 2011, 09:32:59 PM
i like my g9, but damn - the roccat peripherals look sexy O_o

kopf
May 4 2011, 02:59:05 PM
I just picked up a Logitech M905 at a really nice price in Singapore. Really happy with it so far. Nice weight to it, like the feel of the buttons. Up until this one I always used cheapo $10 mice, so this is a really nice step up. We shall see how well it travels

Raine Woot
May 4 2011, 03:46:39 PM
posting as I always do in mouse threads, still have the same mx518 and it's still awesome. I probably posted about it sometime in 06 or 07, and have had it longer than that.

balistic void
May 5 2011, 06:17:46 PM
I have now a few month the Logitech G700 (wireless)gaming mouse and its a very handy mouse, lots of extra buttons and the battery is recharge able. But there good quality, only need to recharge once a week. still I can use it as wired, so I never need to worry about losing a ship cos of low battery :p
Anyway, its a good one and I would say, look it up but its not cheap but worth it.

This is the best mouse. Everything else is shit.

Frug
May 5 2011, 06:43:31 PM

I don't like the feel of those scroll wheels, but logitech unifying wireless stuff is great.

arian snow
May 5 2011, 07:05:15 PM
One more vote for the G700, it's awesome.

Just change the cable for a regular thin micro-Usb and you are golden.

orcane
May 5 2011, 11:56:04 PM

I don't like the feel of those scroll wheels, but logitech unifying wireless stuff is great.
Unfortunately they're using some "gaming" receiver that only looks like the unifying ones, but won't connect to those devices.

balistic void
May 6 2011, 10:54:56 AM
Yup it doesn't use the unifying receiver, that's the only bad thing I can say about the g700.

Any device that doesn't charge via micro-usb = GTFO.

sahtila
May 6 2011, 11:55:37 AM
Whoever posted Roccat Kone, just do not bother with it... really bad scrollwheel/middlebutton, useless blinkblink color lights (yes you can turn them off), buggy software. Just buy mx518 if liking that shape, though sizes are bit different.

Navigator Six
May 10 2011, 12:22:24 PM
If yer in the US and want a DeathAdder 3500, it's on woot (http://www.woot.com/) right now for twenty bucks. Extrapolation suggests it'll be there for about fifteen more minutes.

edit: Gone, 17 minutes later. 8-)

Seamus
May 10 2011, 03:12:55 PM
So much love for the 518 in this thread i had to look at one - buying it AS I TYPE IN CAPITALS ie then. Didnt realise they were so cheap, first non-shitty (like my current one is a maplins own brand one) mouse ill ever own.

pinkie-yay

balistic void
May 10 2011, 05:33:58 PM
Best cheap mouse = 518.
Best expensive mouse = G700 (just a fancy version of the 518 imo).

Aea
May 10 2011, 05:36:43 PM
I've been using the Logitech Performance MX, not quite as fancy as some of the other Logitech's but it looks nice, tracks on anything, unifying receiver, made of win all around.

balistic void
May 10 2011, 06:33:18 PM
Sorry no, the mx performance is garbage. I have one, it's gathering dust. The unifying receiver wireless is not 100% reliable, sometimes it glitches. And sure you can plug a cable into it, but it will always use the wireless (as opposed to g700 which will actually switch to wired mode). I suppose it would be ok if you don't play any games? It's fine for desktop use, just not fps games or starcraft/whatever.

I made a big mistake buying the mx performance. G700 is pretty much the same price and offers the same features (and more), but without the flaws. Note if you look closely at the Logitech website the mx performance is not recommended for gaming.

Aramendel
May 10 2011, 08:45:03 PM
Sorry no, the mx performance is garbage. I have one, it's gathering dust. The unifying receiver wireless is not 100% reliable, sometimes it glitches.

I have zero glitches with my mx performance and use it just fine in SC, FPS, etc. You just have to use it right (and read the manual, afaik the the issue I am about to mention is documented there).

The problem with the unifying reciever (and the non-unified reciever of the previous generation) is that it can get some interference from (desktop) PC electronics (I *think* it is the WLan antenna, but not sure). Logitech knows this can be a problem, though, so they included with the mx performance a usb cable to put the unifying reciever further away from the PC.
Unifying reciever directly in PC USB Slot -> occassional glitches.
Unifying reciever about a meter away from the PC -> zero glitches.

balistic void
May 10 2011, 08:50:15 PM
There is still absolutely no reason to buy the mx perf over the g700. Compare price and features. I spent e100 on the fucking thing, I really wanted it to work :( I tried many different configurations, yes the usb extender helped: It went from dreadful to less than perfect.

I still point out that on logitech website it is not recommended as a gaming mouse.

Joe Appleby
May 10 2011, 09:00:26 PM
Not everyone needs a gaming mouse. I certainly don't. So this stuff is a non-issue for me, and probably quite a few other people.

balistic void
May 10 2011, 09:08:15 PM
I accept that. Am just warning people what to expect so they don't waste their money like I did.

Free MX Performance going in Dublin if anyone wants (except lagman ofc).

Aramendel
May 13 2011, 08:05:58 PM
I still point out that on logitech website it is not recommended as a gaming mouse.
It says that it is no mouse specialized for gaming, not that it is bad for gaming. Those are two different things. The mx performance is an allround mouse, it does just fine for gaming for me and is also great for the various apps I am using.

And to repeat - I have with the extender zero-zip-zilch-not-a-slingle glitch with it. It *is* possible to get zero glitches if you place it right.

Joe Appleby
May 13 2011, 08:19:26 PM
My receiver is plugged into the G11 usb hub, pretty much right next to the mouse. It is weird, a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse, but it isn't broken yet, so not going to get replaced any time soon.

Aea
May 13 2011, 09:12:40 PM
It says that it is no mouse specialized for gaming, not that it is bad for gaming. Those are two different things. The mx performance is an allround mouse, it does just fine for gaming for me and is also great for the various apps I am using.

And to repeat - I have with the extender zero-zip-zilch-not-a-slingle glitch with it. It *is* possible to get zero glitches if you place it right.

This.

I also have it plugged right into my laptop's side USB port. But I guess the WiFi receiver is on the other end and everything is just dandy (never had a problem).

balistic void
May 13 2011, 11:13:37 PM
The only plus it has over g700 is the unified receiver. G700 is a better desktop/allround mouse tbh. I stand by my statement, mx performance is gathering dust here and I will give it away.

If you can get a good deal on the mx then sure, but the normal prices are the same for both? Most of the poasters here are still gamers right? Also you guys haven't considered "noisy" wifi environments.
edit: Current prices show mx performance = e79.99, g700 = e99.99. Ok yeah the mx is cheaper.

FWIW my g700 transceiver is plugged into g19 hub. At least we agree on manufacturer :guinness: I got a das ultimate keyboard in werk tho and am seriously considering ditching the g19 :D Oh, that fancy k800 keyboard I had was great and all, but one drop of coke spilled = goodbye.

Aramendel
May 14 2011, 08:46:40 AM
The only plus it has over g700 is the unified receiver.
And the mx has the darkfield laser tech, meaning it will work on more surfaces. Better battery life too from what I've heard.
The g700 has DPI switching and more buttons.

Neither feature list is IMO something which makes one mouse "better" than the other. In the end its prolly a question of which shape you feel more comfortable with.

balistic void
May 14 2011, 11:00:58 AM
Pretty sure g700 has dark field as well. I think it's exactly the same laser but they just market it in different ways. G700 transceiver probably has high refresh rate is only difference.

edit: Tested. Ok g700 doesn't work on glass, mx performance does. So no dark field on g700. But cmon who uses a glass table to game on >.<

Battery life for both is irrelevant since you can charge via microusb anyway.

Aramendel
May 14 2011, 12:16:57 PM
Still an inconvenience since it means you have to work more often with it in if you forget to charge the mouse while no on the PC. At it means the batteries will wear out faster.

Likewise I could say the DPI switching on the g700 is irrelevant since I would never use different settings or its extra buttons being meaningless since I do not even use all buttons of the mx. If a feature matters or not wholly depends on the person.

balistic void
May 14 2011, 01:46:10 PM
Admittedly I never use any of the extra buttons or features whatsoever :)

Mate of mine was using PC while I was away and he raged at the g700 because he didn't realise he was pressing the DPI buttons, so mouse speed kept fluctuating wildly :facepalm:

arian snow
May 14 2011, 04:44:39 PM
I think those 4 thumb buttons on the G700 are fantastic for MMO's and some RPGs.

orcane
May 14 2011, 11:32:27 PM
I think those 4 thumb buttons on the G700 are fantastic for MMO's and some RPGs.
C

Hurricane
May 16 2011, 09:23:38 AM
Now:

MX 518

used to have a razer copperhead (rightclick died after 4 years of eve, fuck I use that button a lot)

toss up between the 2 Tbh .... only reason I went to the MX518 is because it was about half of what a razer would cost me and I couldn't afford to spend that on a mouse back then.

Regardless, MX 518 are some of the best mice I've seen / used