PDA

View Full Version : [Devblog] Go weapons free with DUST 514 Events in July and August

QuackBot
July 1 2013, 08:00:02 PM
Mercenaries, soldiers, immortals! With the Uprising 1.2 update upon us, it’s a better time than ever to get your boots on the ground and unholster your weapons! We’ve got a number of great events in store for you in July and August which will allow you to earn some awesome rewards. And it all starts with the…
Triple SP Event
Starting on July 4th and ending on July 10th, we will be hosting a Triple Skill Point Event for all players who log in to play. During the event period your skill point cap will be tripled and your skill booster bonuses are stacked with the triple skill point reward. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to earn extra skill points and get that level 5 skill that you’ve been training for.

Mordu's Challenge
http://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/e/e7/Mordu%27s_Legion_Command.jpg
Our next event, the Mordu’s Challenge, will take place from July 11th to July 18th. Mordu’s Legion, the famous mercenary corporation in New Eden, has decided to challenge cloned mercenaries in an effort to see just what they’re really worth. We’ve gotten a lot of good feedback from those of you who’ve participated in previous events and we have implemented new elements in this event thanks to your comments. The Mordu’s Challenge event will offer players 5 separate goals to achieve during the event. These goals and event rewards are as follows:

100x Enemy Kills – Assault C/1-Series Dropsuit + C15-A Tactical Sniper Rifle (all equipment Caldari themed) 50 x BPC
100x installation destruction – Logistics M/1-Series Dropsuit + BDR-8 Triage Repair Tool (all equipment is Minmatar themed) 50 x BPC
100x Objective Hacks – Scout G/1 Series Dropsuit + GLU-5 Tactical Assault Rifle (all equipment Gallente themed) 50 x BPC
100x Enemy kill assists – Prometheus class dropship 25 x BPC
Achieve all of the above – Falchion class HAV + 80GJ Stabilized Neutron Blaster + HT Linear Flux Stabilizer 100 x BPC

You can either go for some of the event goals or get them all and earn some exceptional equipment to dominate the battlefield!
Only public matches count for this competition. Statistics from Corporation, Planetary Conquest and Factional Warfare battles will not be taken into account. The competition will run from 00:00 UTC, Monday July 11, 2013 until 00:00 UTC[RG3] (http://failheap-challenge.com/#_msocom_3) , Monday July 18, 2013 (20:00 ET Sunday July 10, 2013 to 20:00 ET Sunday, July 17, 2013).
No official entry is required for this competition. Simply play and your statistics will be tracked and recorded.

DUST 514 Prime League Tournament
http://failheap-challenge.com//web.ccpgamescdn.com/dust/news.control/64852/1/Tank_Warfare.PNG
Also in July, we will begin entry registration for the first open DUST 514 Tournament. This time around we will be hosting the Uprising tournament with UrgentFury (http://www.urgentfury.com/content.php), an accomplished online organizer in the console FPS scene.
Registration begins on July 25th and ends on July 30th and the tournament is open to all EVE/DUST player corporations. The tournament will begin on August 1st with finals taking place from August 26th-31st and the championship matches to take place on the weekend of September 7th-8th.
The tournament will be organized into two separate regions, one for North American and one for EU time zones and the winning teams from both regions will meet on the battlefield to win the right to rename a planet within the New Eden universe in a cross continental match up on September 14th-15th.
This is just the beginning. Don’t miss this great opportunity to have fun and compete for great rewards. And stay tuned for future news about what we’ve got lined up later. These are just to whet your apptetite for the future.

original link (http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/07/weapons-free-with-dust-514-events-in-july-and-august/)

AmaNutin
July 1 2013, 08:14:46 PM
I wonder if the servers get DDoSed during this event again.

QuackBot
July 1 2013, 09:00:13 PM
I wonder if the servers get DDoSed during this event again.
Wonder what the best way to do it with the patcher as well.

Mike deVoid
July 1 2013, 09:11:39 PM
I don't understand the logi suit for installation destruction - how the hell does that match? You need a tank or a forge/swarm to take them out..

Sponk
July 1 2013, 11:50:06 PM
To rep them up afterwards?

Mike deVoid
July 2 2013, 07:27:57 AM
Shoulda been 100 revives or something like that

Sponk
July 2 2013, 07:30:16 AM
Shoulda been 100 revives or something like that

That's just being cruel mate.

Mike deVoid
July 2 2013, 07:31:33 AM
Also, why does it say Monday 11 July until Monday 18 July, when those dates are both Thursdays...

Sponk
July 2 2013, 07:57:35 AM
because :psyccp:

Nu11u5
July 2 2013, 05:21:42 PM
I don't understand the logi suit for installation destruction - how the hell does that match? You need a tank or a forge/swarm to take them out..

Are remote explosives very efficient against installations?

Mike deVoid
July 2 2013, 06:54:17 PM
If that was the intention, I'd have expected REs as the co-reward. I've never tried it out though.

Sponk
July 3 2013, 02:34:15 AM
Are remote explosives very efficient against installations?

No. Even if they were, they can't compare to forge guns.

Mike deVoid
July 9 2013, 10:06:06 AM
Almost time for the 2nd week's event. I'll be making a record of my installation destructions, since I assume I can get the other 3 just through normal play.