PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever - Fail To The King, Baby!

LoudSpeakly
May 14 2011, 12:22:52 AM
Steam pre-purchasing available now, to be released June 10 in Aus. (yay!)

I'm only buying it to be a part of history, if it's actually fun it will be an added bonus.

[youtube:1dexdv08]wVuuyRGB_BA[/youtube:1dexdv08]

Omega Supreme
May 14 2011, 12:50:15 AM
Finally I get to use this!

http://www.darkmessiah.net/Images/UncleSam.jpg

Venec
May 14 2011, 01:21:07 AM
I've known about this before but still I can't believe that it's finally coming out.

Devec
May 14 2011, 01:27:09 AM
Bet you it will only be 6 hours long :P

Haffrage
May 14 2011, 01:29:19 AM
I dunno, the guy was fucking nuts about making a good game. Spent years and years adding more shit on. Unless he considered long games problematic, I'd expect something lengthy to sink your teeth into when it releases

EntroX
May 14 2011, 01:32:59 AM
i am still not sure tbh :(

edit: welp, there goes #1500

spasm
May 14 2011, 01:59:28 AM
I dunno, the guy was fucking nuts about making a good game. Spent years and years adding more shit on. Unless he considered long games problematic, I'd expect something lengthy to sink your teeth into when it releases

I don't think any of the stuff that was developed during it's 12 years is going into the game gearbox made within a year. I'm expecting a decent FPS, nothing spectacular. Gearbox has a good reputation.

Tellenta
May 14 2011, 02:45:42 AM

Or an elaborate rickroll.

Spaztick
May 14 2011, 03:04:16 AM
They should put out a pirate version that trolls the fuck out of the people that torrent it. I'm thinking something like Duke having gay sex with a robot halfway through the game or something.

Of course that'd probably just make people steal it more.

Tellenta
May 14 2011, 03:10:49 AM
here is an uncensored trailer for those that don't like pixelated pixels.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68199/unedited-duke-nukem-forever-trailer

sarabando
May 14 2011, 03:15:09 AM
cant wait XD dont care i know its going to be a huge let down but still its like the second coming of christ its been a long time coming and you can finaly say you were there

Devec
May 14 2011, 03:23:54 AM

I don't think any of the stuff that was developed during it's 12 years is going into the game gearbox made within a year. I'm expecting a decent FPS, nothing spectacular. Gearbox has a good reputation.

Not sure if it was actually a year, they announced a year back or so only so the development time might be somewhat longer.

Oh and expect much rage as it isn't the besterest but will still probably be a good fun game.

Or well if it isn't then its just a cash in on the name.

Exortius
May 14 2011, 03:37:06 AM
QUICKLY ROBIN, TO THE DUKE NUKEM SOUNDBOARD

Spaztick
May 14 2011, 04:04:03 AM
Mm, nothing like boobies to get the serotonin flowing.

Helfix
May 14 2011, 04:16:18 AM
hell yeah :D

Maximillian
May 14 2011, 06:57:41 AM
Obviously based on the Borderlands engine but then that isn't a bad thing.

Melichor
May 14 2011, 07:52:07 AM
So now that this is coming out, does that mean that I'll be seeing Freespace 3, Homeworld 3, or Mechwarrior 3015 before I die? Please?

El Capitano
May 14 2011, 10:33:41 AM
Obviously based on the Borderlands engine but then that isn't a bad thing.
It's not.

filingo
May 14 2011, 10:37:11 AM

i should imagine the level design and the set pieces, general storyline (lol) and etc have been carried over.

considering this was all done when single player was king and the first duke nukem had fucking great level design hopefully some of its carried through.

seriously, the levels on duke are pretty damn interesting. i want to download it to play the cinema level again

Samp
May 14 2011, 12:17:20 PM
It's on consoles; it will be shit. The relase is an in-joke for gamers old enough to have PCs, but on the basis of that they will get press, so they'll get console sales, so it will be terrible. When was the last time a big release wasn't terrible?

I am never looking forward to any game ever again.

Lancehot
May 14 2011, 12:23:00 PM
Expecting all the clever social satire & gender stereotype parodies of the original games to be lost, replaced by unironic sexism & macho unintentional homo-eroticism.

filingo
May 14 2011, 01:12:13 PM
It's on consoles; it will be shit. The relase is an in-joke for gamers old enough to have PCs, but on the basis of that they will get press, so they'll get console sales, so it will be terrible. When was the last time a big release wasn't terrible?

have you been playing eve again? sounding a little bitter there :P
Expecting all the clever social satire & gender stereotype parodies of the original games to be lost, replaced by unironic sexism & macho unintentional homo-eroticism.

unintentional homo-eroticism best eroticism (terrible spelling best spelling)

Winged Nazgul
May 14 2011, 01:30:08 PM
Where's mah demo I was promised, Gearbox, where?

LoudSpeakly
May 14 2011, 01:41:11 PM
considering this was all done when single player was king and the first duke nukem had fucking great level design hopefully some of its carried through.

seriously, the levels on duke are pretty damn interesting. i want to download it to play the cinema level again

The Build engine brought so much life into maps of the era and it was clear the level designers had all kinds of fun using the tricks it provided.

There was a secret level called "Lunatic Fringe" which was made up of two rooms which occupied the same 3D space but were transversed using hypercube-esque connections between corridors. It was a complete mindfuck trying to navigate between two rooms. You just don't see shit like that anymore. :(

Omega Supreme
May 14 2011, 03:36:14 PM

i should imagine the level design and the set pieces, general storyline (lol) and etc have been carried over.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/duke_nuk ... ic_edition (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/duke_nukem_3d_atomic_edition)

DRM free, Win7 compatible. Go forth and pwn alien ass.

Iloni Atoriandra
May 14 2011, 06:49:55 PM
Got my balls of steel edition preordered for ages now. Even if game is shit its gonna be worth buying it after this long of a wait.

Omega Supreme
May 14 2011, 06:53:07 PM
Got my balls of steel edition preordered for ages now. Even if game is shit its gonna be worth buying it after this long of a wait.

Haffrage
May 14 2011, 06:54:45 PM

Borderlands 2 would be seriously hard to fuck up, and they'd be fools not to make it.

Eard
May 15 2011, 07:53:44 PM

Borderlands 2 would be seriously hard to fuck up, and they'd be fools not to make it.

Server side saves for a proper trading community and I'd never quit playing.

As for DNF, will probably wait until it goes on sale unless the reviews are off the charts. Writing for Borderlands was really good, so I expect the humor to at least be decent.

Winged Nazgul
May 17 2011, 03:09:21 AM
According to the email I got:

Where were you the first time you played Duke Nukem Forever?

You'll have your answer on June 3 when the Duke Nukem Forever demo is released exclusively through the First Access Club.

Only First Access Club members like yourself will get to sample the most legendary shooter of all time before the long-awaited game is released on June 10 (International) and June 14 (North America).

Get ready. It's almost here.

Omega Supreme
May 17 2011, 04:11:37 AM
Got that in my inbox too. Borderlands first access key brofist!

Iloni Atoriandra
May 17 2011, 09:58:57 AM
Got it as well, Borderlands and preorder first access.

Omega Supreme
June 2 2011, 04:49:50 AM
As the launch date for Duke Nukem Forever approaches, we would like to offer a heartfelt thanks to you, the true believers who have already placed your bet on Duke with your pre-order, or Borderlands Game of the Year purchase. As a sign of our appreciation, Gearbox Software and 2K Games are thrilled to present every First Access Club member who has registered as of today the very first Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer downloadable add-on for free!* Surprise! Thank you again for all of your support. We're almost there.

Spaztick
June 2 2011, 04:56:09 AM
:ohnoes:

Zumwalt
June 2 2011, 05:03:58 AM
I cannot wait to play it. I hope my computer can run it decently well!

filingo
June 2 2011, 07:56:57 AM
i have borderlands 8-)

Mike deVoid
June 2 2011, 11:00:02 AM
Xbox live interview from the main dev said that play testers are taking around 15-18 hours to complete the game (not a speed run).

Brisi
June 2 2011, 11:35:02 AM
Xbox live interview from the main dev said that play testers are taking around 15-18 hours to complete the game (not a speed run).

Would be a pretty terrible speedrun tbh.

Mike deVoid
June 2 2011, 01:08:32 PM
Was just to give you an idea of play time to expect (and not to make you think the 15 years dev time ended up in a game so large that even the speed runs take 15 hrs :P)

Omega Supreme
June 2 2011, 02:32:22 PM
Was just to give you an idea of play time to expect (and not to make you think the 15 years dev time ended up in a game so large that even the speed runs take 15 hrs :P)

I'm okay with an hour per year for gametime on a speedrun, if only the fact it'd still be 3x longer than 99% of the franchise games presently. Hi, CoD.

ElweSingollo
June 2 2011, 10:24:24 PM
Demo for those that have Borderlands GOTY edition is meant to be released at 5.00pm tommorrow guess I will see when I get home from work.

Omega Supreme
June 3 2011, 06:21:50 AM
Hello First Access Member,

Thank you again for registering for Duke Nukemís First Access Club! Are you prepared to be a part of gaming history and help Duke kick ass and save the world and its babes?

You can now obtain your exclusive demo key by logging into the First Access Club at http://www.dukenukemforever.com/access/.

Your key will be located on your profile page. These keys are for the platform that you specified as your preferred platform* when filling out your First Access Club account information.

Hail to the King, Baby!

Gearbox Software and 2K Games

*Platform availability and eligibility is subject to local laws and regulations.

DEMO IS ON STEAM

filingo
June 3 2011, 08:37:59 AM
downloadin :obama:

filingo
June 3 2011, 09:17:25 AM
hahaha it just welped my computer after i landed the minecart

pretty epic until then but JESUS CHRIST ONLY TWO GUNS AT A TIME WHAT FUCK HEAD DECIDED THAT

might be the pics i was uploading to the steam cloud tho v0v

looks like it was steam uploading pics actually

Iloni Atoriandra
June 3 2011, 09:25:29 AM
Want to get home to play my demo asap!

Having 2 guns at a time is awful for a Duke game though.

filingo
June 3 2011, 09:25:40 AM
http://onebit.us/images/2011060300002.jpg
http://onebit.us/images/2011060300004.jpg
http://onebit.us/images/2011060300005.jpg
http://onebit.us/images/2011060300007.jpg
http://onebit.us/images/2011060300009.jpg

steam wont upload the pics, think thats what welped the comp

OR IT COULD OF BEEN THE SHEER AMOUNT OF AWESOME

Winged Nazgul
June 3 2011, 10:23:04 AM
downloadin :obama:

mitthrawn
June 3 2011, 10:29:07 AM
Is this demo elsewhere available? Cuz I don't wanna re-order... -.-

fng
June 3 2011, 10:41:09 AM
IT'S ON BABY

Womble
June 3 2011, 10:59:51 AM
Played:
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem 2
Duke Nukem 3D

Brisi
June 3 2011, 11:17:42 AM

Pretty sure it's only available to pre-orders and Borderlands GOTY owners.

filingo
June 3 2011, 11:32:25 AM

Pretty sure it's only available to pre-orders and Borderlands GOTY owners.

yeah i bought borderlands goty a while ago because i wanted to play it

came with a key in steam, popped it into the duke site and got another key to put in steam.

spasm
June 3 2011, 02:15:07 PM
Demo is awesome. Two guns at a time is the worst thing they could have done to this game, really ruins the fun. I'm expecting a mod to change that when the game comes out.

Brisi
June 3 2011, 02:30:59 PM
Demo is awesome. Two guns at a time is the worst thing they could have done to this game, really ruins the fun. I'm expecting a mod to change that when the game comes out.

Yeah that pissed me off too. Demo was decent otherwise, although i hope there isn't too much driving around as the vehicle part didn't feel all that great.

PraetorNZ
June 3 2011, 02:37:33 PM
wtf i go to the duke site and chuck in the code from borderlands, go to make a gearbox account it says my username is all good then just comes back and says the account couldnt be registered

ok stupid thing. i take out gearbox name and password and it works fine

EntroX
June 3 2011, 06:13:03 PM
can you play the demo with a pre-order?

pleas tell me you can :(

Omega Supreme
June 3 2011, 06:17:44 PM

Anybody who was in First Access Club got a code to redeem on their preferred platform.

And people said getting Borderlands after people stopped playing it was dumb. Well, SUCK IT DOWN, TWATS!

ElweSingollo
June 3 2011, 06:41:45 PM

Anybody who was in First Access Club got a code to redeem on their preferred platform.

And people said getting Borderlands after people stopped playing it was dumb. Well, SUCK IT DOWN, TWATS!

bought Borderlands GOTY edition for £5.00 (might have been £9.99) off steam crew checking in :lol:

fng
June 3 2011, 07:36:15 PM
Well, it wasn't very good.

Dark Flare
June 3 2011, 08:10:49 PM
Got code for free. Dl/ing.

EntroX
June 4 2011, 01:20:27 AM
i am willing to suck some cock for a (demo) key :(

Spaztick
June 4 2011, 01:26:55 AM
I have borderlands goty but no duke nukem. :(

EntroX
June 4 2011, 01:31:47 AM

you should get a demo key :V

Brisi
June 4 2011, 01:36:38 AM
i am willing to suck some cock for a (demo) key :(

Not really special, it's like 10 minutes of gameplay and then the trailer that's already out. Feels like just another fps from those few minutes of gameplay.

Should be a First Access club-key in the cd-key list if you got it on steam.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 4 2011, 06:43:48 PM
Played the demo and cancelled my collectors edition pre order. Will pirate it but from what I played it was nothing special and not worth £50.

Winged Nazgul
June 4 2011, 11:58:55 PM
Played the demo and cancelled my collectors edition pre order. Will pirate it but from what I played it was nothing special and not worth £50.

Yeah this would've been awesome 12 years ago...now, not so much. Will get it when it goes on Steam sale eventually.

zangorus
June 5 2011, 12:38:42 AM
Im gonna buy it and never open it.

Dark Flare
June 5 2011, 03:04:57 AM
Just fyi the demo code is a year old.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 5 2011, 03:29:46 AM
Well then it serves them right for releasing a demo thats so terrible.

Omega Supreme
June 5 2011, 04:19:45 AM
[quote="Iloni Atoriandra":34fnopgn]Played the demo and cancelled my collectors edition pre order. Will pirate it but from what I played it was nothing special and not worth £50.
Just fyi the demo code is a year old.[/quote:34fnopgn]

wat

Rataa
June 5 2011, 12:27:23 PM
Most people dissappointed with the DNF demo complained about some very odd design desicions.
First of all you can only have 2 weapons and switch them in a copy of the halo 1 system. this doesn't really work as 3d realms level design requires you to rapidly change qwickly between multiple weapons.
Also the "mighty boot" was replaced by halos melee system.

Here's a Devs response to the topic:
http://www.shacknews.com/chatty?id=2603 ... r_26031903 (http://www.shacknews.com/chatty?id=26031903#itemanchor_26031903)

They dumbed the amount of weapons down because of a lack of buttons on controllers and while they where alright with doing tweaks for the consoles they where to lazy to fix DNF for keyboard and mouse and allow the cut features on pc.

DNF was really damaged by the multiplatform release, a selection wheel for consoles would have worked in my opinion but hey now the design is bad on both platforms for blandness sake.
Avoid, get Alice or Deus ex. the deus ex team apparantly gave a shit.
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Devec
June 5 2011, 02:15:30 PM
Most people dissappointed with the DNF demo complained about some very odd design desicions.
First of all you can only have 2 weapons and switch them in a copy of the halo 1 system. this doesn't really work as 3d realms level design requires you to rapidly change qwickly between multiple weapons.
Also the "mighty boot" was replaced by halos melee system.

Here's a Devs response to the topic:
http://www.shacknews.com/chatty?id=2603 ... r_26031903 (http://www.shacknews.com/chatty?id=26031903#itemanchor_26031903)

They dumbed the amount of weapons down because of a lack of buttons on controllers and while they where alright with doing tweaks for the consoles they where to lazy to fix DNF for keyboard and mouse and allow the cut features on pc.

DNF was really damaged by the multiplatform release, a selection wheel for consoles would have worked in my opinion but hey now the design is bad on both platforms for blandness sake.
Avoid, get Alice or Deus ex. the deus ex team apparantly gave a shit.
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Can you say cashing in on nostalgia?

Very good!

Dark Flare
June 5 2011, 02:22:34 PM
Well then it serves them right for releasing a demo thats so terrible.
It's less a demo and more "Oh thanks for buying, here's something to keep you entertained for 12mins."

Winged Nazgul
June 5 2011, 02:35:55 PM
2 gun system, iron sights, regenerating health, no great boot of justice...

Does not feel like a proper Duke Nukem game.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 5 2011, 05:42:00 PM
[quote="Iloni Atoriandra":3bparx15]Well then it serves them right for releasing a demo thats so terrible.
It's less a demo and more "Oh thanks for buying, here's something to keep you entertained for 12mins."[/quote:3bparx15]

Well id like to thank them for giving me a chance to cancel my preorder.

mitthrawn
June 5 2011, 06:14:45 PM
[quote="Dark Flare":1z0h3l9b][quote="Iloni Atoriandra":1z0h3l9b]Well then it serves them right for releasing a demo thats so terrible.
It's less a demo and more "Oh thanks for buying, here's something to keep you entertained for 12mins."[/quote:1z0h3l9b]

Well id like to thank them for giving me a chance to cancel my preorder.[/quote:1z0h3l9b]
This.

orcane
June 6 2011, 12:57:48 PM
That justification attempt from George Broussard, oh wow :psyduck:

High Sierra
June 6 2011, 02:13:30 PM
watched video.

thought: this would have been ok when I was about 14.

will not be playing.

game appears to be designed for sexually frustrated 14 yo males with a big truck obsession. on console.
very glad I spent no money waiting for this over hyped, incredibly overdue piece of shit. would have probably been a massive game back when it should have been released I predict that this will now disappoint many people who remember Duke Nukem with rosey tinted glasses.

0/10 try again.

EntroX
June 6 2011, 03:15:57 PM
but...its duke! :(

filingo
June 6 2011, 03:18:24 PM
it did make me laugh to be fair

EntroX
June 6 2011, 03:20:13 PM
in all seriousness tho.

the only reason i bought it is because its duke, thats all.

its easy enough to spot that it will be shit thanks to the console retardation, but man, its duke :V

Omega Supreme
June 6 2011, 04:40:35 PM
in all seriousness tho.

the only reason i bought it is because its duke, thats all.

its easy enough to spot that it will be shit thanks to the console retardation, but man, its duke :V

Devec
June 6 2011, 05:14:48 PM
If you were expecting 3d realms reason of not finishing it earlier because it was going to be the greatest game is history known to mankind ever you are wrong. It will probably be enjoyable for all it is but it will hardly be impressive.

Mr. Sierra if you thought it would be anything but 14 year old fantasies then you have clearly not been watching the latest and final version development.

orcane
June 6 2011, 09:52:57 PM
It's the Duke, but in all honesty I'm not buying Duke "Consoles'R'Us" Nukem if the game's not good. In all fairness though, it can still be good even with just two weapon slots, no boot "melee" attack and... oh well :(

Venec
June 6 2011, 10:04:45 PM
Total Halibut review:

[youtube:1ultnpmv]M6MjzgTZriw[/youtube:1ultnpmv]

Venec
June 6 2011, 10:26:14 PM
-regenerating health
-2 weapon system
-no boot to the face

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14825764/images/1304635044036.jpg

orcane
June 7 2011, 12:22:32 AM
obviously because other (console) games do it too :derper:

Draycar Hazaran
June 7 2011, 12:39:36 AM
[img]http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14825764/images/1304635044036.jpg[/img

Argh....GTFO with Kornheiser. I'm from the DC area, and I've had enough of his annoying rants. Decent column writer? Yes. TV personality? Worse than Joan Rivers...I mean...the Joker.

Otherwise, sad to hear about Duke, consoles will be the death of us.

Winged Nazgul
June 10 2011, 11:18:58 AM
First impressions of full game:

[youtube:13pr9i8k]y5Yngipvz6M[/youtube:13pr9i8k]

El Capitano
June 10 2011, 12:24:18 PM
Is that guy meant to be unwatchably annoying? Whether or not he's right, I can't stand to listen to him for more than 30 seconds.

Brisi
June 10 2011, 12:29:35 PM
Is that guy meant to be unwatchably annoying? Whether or not he's right, I can't stand to listen to him for more than 30 seconds.

Meh, I quite enjoying listening to his rants. To each his own I suppose.

Winged Nazgul
June 10 2011, 01:06:16 PM

His name is CynicalBrit not SunshinePony. What else would you expect?

Sandzibar
June 10 2011, 01:08:41 PM

He IS a pretentious sounding wanker, who tries so very hard to be funny, though.

El Capitano
June 10 2011, 02:40:37 PM
His name is CynicalBrit not SunshinePony. What else would you expect?
There are plenty of cynical Brits who are at least entertaining and/or funny. This guy is neither.

Devec
June 10 2011, 05:06:07 PM
Although I don't find him all that particularly funny (but hey there are people who find yogscast hilarious) his commentary is often well placed and he is a decent player. Plus he sometimes reviews some games that are either new to me or I know little about. He may be cynical but not whiney seeing as how most games currently are consolised just to appeal to a bigger market rather than provide people with a fun game.

What annoyed me about his playthrough though is even he complains about things being evidently pointed out to you to show you where to go he just skipped past and mucked about and completely overlooked certain things (as he did in the demo where he first killed himself before finding the second minecart) just deserves a massive :facepalm:

Not expecting anything groundbreaking from dnf but it might be enjoyment for a few hours even if I'm just playing a standard console shooter.

mitthrawn
June 10 2011, 05:14:59 PM
TB p. cool.

Winged Nazgul
June 10 2011, 05:19:52 PM
What annoyed me about his playthrough though is even he complains about things being evidently pointed out to you to show you where to go he just skipped past and mucked about and completely overlooked certain things (as he did in the demo where he first killed himself before finding the second minecart) just deserves a massive :facepalm:

Yeah, his WTF of the Dungeon Siege III demo was even more facepalm-worthy. The guy couldn't even figure out how to switch stances. :facepalm:

Brisi
June 10 2011, 06:15:30 PM

Yeah, his WTF of the Dungeon Siege III demo was even more facepalm-worthy. The guy couldn't even figure out how to switch stances. :facepalm:

To be fair, that demo is so mindboggingly boring I couldn't be arsed to find out where anything was. And yeah, it's not really his humour I'm watching it for, just the general commentary.

Polysynchronicity
June 10 2011, 09:47:41 PM
I quite like TB's style of commentary, but I too get frustrated by his playstyle sometimes. I've heard him say before (and believe him on it) that he has some kind of medical thing which basically gives him short-term memory loss, which is why he never remembers stuff that the tutorial taught him 2 minutes ago. Which is totally excusable and all, but not really that fun to watch. Fortunately Youtube lets me skip ahead to the bit where he is no longer lost. :V

Phrixus Zephyr
June 10 2011, 10:11:13 PM
Fucking called it.

Every review i have seen so far has trashed it.

Cippalippus
June 10 2011, 11:14:26 PM
lol 15 years of waiting and it's shit

besides, i wonder how many drooling faggots actually played duke nukem 3d at the time (I did, but the single player game stopped being fun after a while. Multiplayer was teh best, though).

kyrieee
June 10 2011, 11:48:20 PM

He IS a pretentious sounding wanker, who tries so very hard to be funny, though.
He's annoying, and his SC2 commentary is lolworthy. In some casts he's wrong about every single thing he says and yet people hire him!

Polysynchronicity
June 11 2011, 12:55:48 AM
his SC2 commentary is lolworthy. In some casts he's wrong about every single thing he says and yet people hire him!

TB is a color commentator, not any kind of expert. His job is to make games more interesting to watch, not to provide accurate analysis. I've tried a number of SC2 casters and while they might be more factually accurate, I watch SC2 for amusement (since I don't actually play it) and TB does the best job of that for me.

Popelmon
June 11 2011, 02:23:43 AM
Omg. Pirated it. Luckily.

The gameplay is a fucking joke. I want to say that he One-Liners are a redeeming feature, but no. The game is just BAD. Maybe worth 3Ä on steam in a few years, but I laugh at all the idiots that bought if for 40+ bucks.

Phrixus Zephyr
June 11 2011, 02:29:01 AM
[youtube:2k6yrqfj]LK8sxngSWaU[/youtube:2k6yrqfj]

Devec
June 11 2011, 02:56:10 AM
Omg. Pirated it. Luckily.

The gameplay is a fucking joke. I want to say that he One-Liners are a redeeming feature, but no. The game is just BAD. Maybe worth 3Ä on steam in a few years, but I laugh at all the idiots that bought if for 40+ bucks.

Tbh people who preorders games which are obvious cash ins on a hype/remake deserve to be ripped off, I've hardly been able to play the game for more than 2 hours at a time just because it is a snore fest. I've just been through the titty bar level and I can't for the life of me think how they decided that a fetch quest was something a duke nukem game needed :psyduck:

Also wtf is wrong with your gearbox, stop being faggots and give me a hardware accelerated mouse instead of this shit.

Liare
June 11 2011, 11:45:47 AM
pirated it too, fuck underwater levels, gonna play something else before my frustration gets the better of me.

i also expected more titties tbh.

evil edna
June 11 2011, 12:00:20 PM
is it even worth pirating?

Liare
June 11 2011, 12:04:56 PM
its a generic shooter once you strip away the duke parts tbh and not a good one either.

El Capitano
June 11 2011, 12:17:27 PM
It's not as bad as people say, but it's very flawed, even for what it aims to be.

spm1138
June 11 2011, 12:32:57 PM
Meh.

5/10.

It had some cool bits but also lot of dull, repetitive, poorly playtested bits.

The amount of boring grey warehouses and sewers I found myself in I thought I was playing F.E.A.R.

In fact, a lot of it felt lifted wholesale from F.E.A.R.

Just get Bulletstorm instead. It's so much better as a sequel to Duke 3D and is actually fun.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 11 2011, 02:34:35 PM
Pirated after cancelling my preorder and done about 2 hours worth. So far havent seen a single exposed tit and find that most the time Im just strafing around manically and then blasting with my shotgun, very boring and reptative especially in areas where you are locked in and have to kill over 9000 waves of enemies.

Gesadt
June 11 2011, 03:10:56 PM
his SC2 commentary is lolworthy. In some casts he's wrong about every single thing he says and yet people hire him!

yeah maybe you missed the part where his commentaries are even called "I suck at starcraft" (at least in his youtube channel). not to mention that, even by his own admission, hes bad at the game and those commentaries are geared towards casual/ mainstream players and even non-players themselves.

also dnf is pretty bad, go play bulletstorm instead.

Rans
June 11 2011, 03:20:48 PM
is it even worth pirating?I'd say no unless you're a really big duke nukem fan and want to be seriously disappointed. I don't understand how they managed to get so many things wrong. It's like a collection of 15 yo memes, it's just an old man trying to be cool. Pathetic.

Alistair
June 11 2011, 03:33:37 PM
Predictable fail was predictable?

Yeah, yeah it was.

Pacefalm
June 12 2011, 01:08:56 AM
Damn that is sad. I wanted this game to be good :( or at least exciting, or at the very least different! But it is neither of those 3, it is a weak, boring, generic FPS clone that should just have died when 3D Realms quit it. Seriously, they had testers for this game that thought it was "okay" to have a 2 WEAPON FUCKING SYSTEM??? It is a fucking joke. I wanted this to be the beacon of "mindless fun shooters" instead of the archetype of brown "lets be realistic because real life wars are fun!" crap. You might just as well pick up Painkiller (the original, not the sequel) and have 100x more fun at 10% of the pricetag. Even the Duke one liners get boring after a while. There is litterally no redeeming quality in this game.

EntroX
June 13 2011, 02:20:42 AM
i knew it was gonna shit, i will still enjoy having put the final nail into the coffin by pre-ordering it :V

LoudSpeakly
June 13 2011, 11:24:43 AM
Pre-ordered with low expectations. Uninstalled after three underwhelming sessions. (Seriously, what gives with the RC car bit?).

So this is what history feels like...

Back to Terraria.

orcane
June 13 2011, 11:29:29 AM
Reviews make it sound worse than I expected. Then again, for some reason Eurogamer chose to review the Xbox version which is just :psyduck:

I can still make out several bad things but many of their negative points (graphics, controls, difficulty) sound like issues "easily" fixed by playing it on a non-shit platform and/or some post-release tweaking.

Still sad. I think they actually made matters worse by trying to adapt to the new age of [strike:2fydm2td]console[/strike:2fydm2td] video gaming by using mechanics like limited weapon slots (lol2) and auto-regenerating health, instead of staying straight old school.

Brisi
June 13 2011, 11:40:11 AM
Edit: Nvm.

Durzel
June 13 2011, 12:14:03 PM
Pre-ordered, cancelled, pirated crew +1

Was also surprised at the lack of tits until some way through the game, though The Hive made up for that with a bonus "rape victims apologising for pregnancy weight" joke (what the fuck?)

By the numbers shooter that feels like the sort of game that would come out on Day 1 of a console release. Even 5/10 is generous I think.

Iloni Atoriandra
June 13 2011, 05:22:07 PM
Was upset at the slutty twins dying and felt no incentive to play the game any more.

orcane
June 13 2011, 06:07:36 PM
Was upset at the slutty twins dying and felt no incentive to play the game any more.
NOOO :derper:

Leviathan
June 13 2011, 06:54:00 PM

Was also surprised at the lack of tits until some way through the game, though The Hive made up for that with a bonus "rape victims apologising for pregnancy weight" joke (what the fuck?)

By the numbers shooter that feels like the sort of game that would come out on Day 1 of a console release. Even 5/10 is generous I think.

[spoiler:2qg87t79]use this fag[/spoiler:2qg87t79]

Devec
June 13 2011, 07:10:17 PM
I don't think anybody really cares about creepy twin sisters which hit on each other. Even so it happens like 2 hours into the game already, if you manage to sit through it.

Rudolf Miller
June 13 2011, 08:19:36 PM
so... it's bad? im not gonna be shocked if it is, just want confirmation.

Brisi
June 13 2011, 08:22:10 PM
so... it's bad? im not gonna be shocked if it is, just want confirmation.

I, too, don't read threads.

Durzel
June 13 2011, 10:10:50 PM

[spoiler:umiccng8]use this fag[/spoiler:umiccng8]
Fuck I spoiled a single joke that isn't even really a joke in a shitty game. Sorry!!!

[spoiler:umiccng8]deal with it[/spoiler:umiccng8]

Spaztick
June 13 2011, 10:28:04 PM
[spoiler:2muvhx63]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/youngcaps/deal_with_it_04.gif[/spoiler:2muvhx63]

Iloni Atoriandra
June 13 2011, 10:35:01 PM
Most recent Ctrl-Alt-Del comic sums it up quite nicely.

Mona
June 16 2011, 02:13:26 PM
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/06/ ... -fired-2k/ (http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/06/pr-firm-fired-2k/)

PR firm threatened reviewers.

Warpath
June 16 2011, 02:45:58 PM
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/06/pr-firm-fired-2k/

PR firm threatened reviewers.

Eurogamer has revealed that it has been subjected to 'blacklisting' by 2K games, as a result of issues arising from coverage of the company's products.

A tweet by Eurogamer operations director Tom Bramwell made public the fact that the site has been cut off by 2K, expressing sympathy for the fate of Redner PR for simply following what Bramwell calls 2K's "standard practice."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-06-16-2k-pours-public-scorn-on-agency-who-discussed-blacklisting

Liare
June 16 2011, 04:09:30 PM
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/06/pr-firm-fired-2k/

PR firm threatened reviewers.this reminds me of Kane and Lynch, remember that farce ?

Melichor
June 16 2011, 04:52:14 PM
Has 2k games made anything worthwhile recently, its been a long time since I have heard the name

orcane
June 16 2011, 04:54:36 PM
At least we now know why DNF almost didn't finish. The amount of stuff borrowed from other games since Duke3D, thrown together without any cohesion, makes it easy to imagine Broussard to run to his team every few months with "hey this new game X is great, we must copy feature Z from that immediately".

El Capitano
June 16 2011, 06:46:03 PM
Well yes, it's common knowledge that that is pretty much what he did for years.

Fenrial
June 16 2011, 07:15:31 PM
The amount of stuff borrowed from other games since Duke3D, thrown together without any cohesion, makes it easy to imagine Broussard to run to his team every few months with "hey this new game X is great, we must copy feature Z from that immediately"."Hey guys look at this awesome new game engine I found, lets rebuild the whole project from scratch again!"

orcane
June 16 2011, 07:35:03 PM
That much I know from rumours. Actually seeing it come true is sad on a different level though :(

El Capitano
June 16 2011, 09:52:05 PM
That much I know from rumours. Actually seeing it come true is sad on a different level though :(
Yeah, that's true. I had my hopes up ever since Jace Hall did a piece on the game and came away positive, only to have them dashed from actually playing the game.

Tellenta
June 17 2011, 03:45:18 AM
Now you can see the game on giant bomb, while listening to them be disappointed.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-duk ... r/17-4385/ (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-duke-nukem-forever/17-4385/)

BLEURRRRGH
June 17 2011, 09:33:20 AM
Duke Nukem Forever press agency threatened gets sacked
By Hilbert Hagedoorn, June 17, 2011 - 8:36 PM N/A

Wozers .. check it out, The Redner Group, the PR team behind the US launch of Duke Nukem Forever, threatened on Twitter that reviewers who bashed the game would be blacklisted.

One staffer posted threats on the agency's official Twitter page stating the team will decide "who gets games next time" based on the venom in a reviewer's piece.

The Tweet has now been removed, replaced by a grovelling apology and the promise that individual sorry letters will be sent out to worried reviewers.

According to ArsTechnica - who managed to grab a screenshot before the original Tweet was removed - blacklisting is a common thing in the games world, and has been for years, but the activity is rarely made public like this.

Here's that tweet:

http://i56.tinypic.com/py44y.jpg

Pretty much what the PR agency was saying is this "put out good reviews, otherwise you get you'll be excummunicated". And that's of course the biggest no-go for any editor or journalist.

However, the story continues ... 2K Games has now sacked The Redner Group over the incident. 2K has since stopped doing business with The Redner Group and said, via its own Twitter feed, that it doesn't endorse or condone the comments.

'We maintain a mutually respectful relationship with the press and will continue to do so. We don't condone @The RednerGroup's actions at all,' said 2K.

That's Atomic man !

LOL

http://www.guru3d.com/news/duke-nukem-f ... ts-sacked/ (http://www.guru3d.com/news/duke-nukem-forever-press-agency-threatened-gets-sacked/)

KKassandra
June 17 2011, 09:38:05 AM
Duke Nukem Forever press agency threatened gets sacked
By Hilbert Hagedoorn, June 17, 2011 - 8:36 PM N/A

Wozers .. check it out, The Redner Group, the PR team behind the US launch of Duke Nukem Forever, threatened on Twitter that reviewers who bashed the game would be blacklisted.

One staffer posted threats on the agency's official Twitter page stating the team will decide "who gets games next time" based on the venom in a reviewer's piece.

The Tweet has now been removed, replaced by a grovelling apology and the promise that individual sorry letters will be sent out to worried reviewers.

According to ArsTechnica - who managed to grab a screenshot before the original Tweet was removed - blacklisting is a common thing in the games world, and has been for years, but the activity is rarely made public like this.

Here's that tweet:

http://i56.tinypic.com/py44y.jpg

Pretty much what the PR agency was saying is this "put out good reviews, otherwise you get you'll be excummunicated". And that's of course the biggest no-go for any editor or journalist.

However, the story continues ... 2K Games has now sacked The Redner Group over the incident. 2K has since stopped doing business with The Redner Group and said, via its own Twitter feed, that it doesn't endorse or condone the comments.

'We maintain a mutually respectful relationship with the press and will continue to do so. We don't condone @The RednerGroup's actions at all,' said 2K.

That's Atomic man !

LOL

http://www.guru3d.com/news/duke-nukem-f ... ts-sacked/ (http://www.guru3d.com/news/duke-nukem-forever-press-agency-threatened-gets-sacked/)

Press told to give good scores or get cut off from future shinies / review copies.
Not big surprise.

PR agency publicly states that they do this, gets fired. Also not big surprise.

spm1138
June 17 2011, 09:57:13 AM
lol at all the PR agencies stepping on their dicks courtesy of twitter.

Blacklisting (or at least being selective with first reviews) is very routine.

Much moreso with publishers who publish bad games, it has to be said.

Mona
June 19 2011, 01:19:13 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... We-Were-12 (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/reviews/3541-Top-10-Things-Wed-Love-About-DNF-If-We-Were-12)

Cippalippus
June 22 2011, 11:10:15 PM
bump because I said this game was gonna be shit before some of you were even born

orcane
June 22 2011, 11:23:07 PM
bump because I said this game was gonna be shit before some of you were even born
:obama:

Cippalippus
July 12 2011, 08:01:30 PM

needs to be 1st page

Winged Nazgul
July 29 2011, 12:44:31 PM
At least they're going to fix the 2-gun limit.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=2422571&postcount=1

Too little too late but whatever.