PDA

View Full Version : Mafiaheap Challange Round 10 Game Thread: Text Formatting Shortcuts

Pages : [1] 2 3

spasm
May 28 2013, 04:01:11 PM
The Roles

Team Mafia:
Consigliere
Framer
Godfather
Janitor
Mafioso

Team Village:
Bodyguard
Cab Driver
Courtesan
Doctor
Lawyer
Mayor
Paranoid
Sheriff
Sleuth
Vigilante
Normal Citizens

Team Neutral:
Amnesiac
Arsonist
Lunatic
Rival
Serial Killer
Survivalist
Witch
Role Descriptions (http://pastebin.com/2E2vQQHD)

Rules
Roles ARE revealed on death (unless Janitor)
Cause of death is NOT revealed
OOG communication IS permitted
Majority Abstain = no lynch, except on moderator-designated Must Lynch days

Doctors CANNOT self-protect
Vigilante has THREE shots and cannot shoot on day 1
Paranoid has THREE alerts
Survivalist has FOUR vests
Janitor has FOUR cleanings

And hopefully nothing I'm forgetting

The Cast

Bentguru - Mayor
Cheese Nippels - Lunatic
Cool09
ctrlchris
Cue1* - Consigliere
Cullnean - Sleuth
Dark Flare
dpidcoe - Courtesan
DrBoomtown
Entrox - Arsonist
Flightly - Lawyer
FMAR - Rival
inora aknaria
Kilabi
Lana Torrin
LarkinAlpha - Serial Killer
Loudyus - Villager
Navigator Six - Janitor
Nicho Void
Nobody Holme
Pratell - Villager
Quarantine - Witch
Qwert - Cab Driver
Shaftoes - Doctor
Steph
Varcaus - Mafioso
Xan - Doctor

If I derped and forgot to send you a PM, assume you're a villager.

Day One Vote Results:

Cheese Nippels 8 - Bentguru, Cullnean, Dpidcoe, inora aknaria, LarkinAlpha, Nobody_Holme, Quarantine, Qwert
Dark Flare 1 - Cheese Nippels
Varcaus 1 - Navigator Six
Abstain 14 - Cool09, ctrlchris, Cue1*, Dark Flare, Dr.Boomtown, Entrox, Flightly, Kilabi, Lana Torrin, Loudyus, Nicho Void, Shaftoes, Steph, Xan
Did Not Vote 3 - FMAR, Pratell, Varcaus

Day Two Results:

Cheese Nippels 16 - Bentguru, ctrlchris, Cool09, Cue1*, Cullnean, Dark Flare, Dr.Boomtown, FMAR, inora aknaria, Kilabi, Lana Torrin, LarkinAlpha, Loudyus, Nobody_Holme, Shaftoes, Qwert
FMAR 5 - Cheese Nippels, dpidcoe, Navigator Six, Nicho Void, Steph
Did Not Vote 4 - Entrox, Flightly, Quarantine, Varcaus

Day Three Results:

Quarantine 3 - LarkinAlpha, Loudyus, Varcaus
Entrox 2 - Dark Flare, inora aknaria
Kilabi 2 - Kilabi, Nobody_Holme
Lana Torrin 1 - Qwert
Loudyus 2 - Dr.Boomtown, Navigator Six
Cullnean 1 - Quarantine
inora aknaria 1 - Entrox
Spasm 1 - dpidcoe
Varcaus 1 - Shaftoes
Has Not Voted 8 - Bentguru, Cool09, ctrlchris, Cullnean, Flightly, Lana Torrin, Nicho Void, Steph

Day Four Results:

LarkinAlpha 11 - Cool09, Cullnean, ctrlchris, Entrox, inora aknaria, Kilabi, Lana Torrin, Navigator Six, Loudyus, Shaftoes, Varcaus
Varcaus 2 - LarkinAlpha, Nicho Void
Ctrlchris 1 - Nobody_Holme
Entrox 1 - Dark Flare
Loudyus 1 - Dr.Boomtown
Did Not Vote 1 - Steph

Day Five Results:

Fuck if I know

Day Six Results:

chris - Everyone

Current Day Seven Vote Tally:

Navigator Six 9 - Cool09, Dark Flare, Dr.Boomtown, inora aknaria, Kilabi, Lana Torrin, Nicho Void, Nobody_Holme, Steph
Has Not Voted 1 - Navigator Six

spasm
May 28 2013, 04:01:26 PM
Day 1

Stuff happened, people died.
Now people are forming a mob.

Each day will end at 6PM central standard time. Day One will end 31 hours from now.

Dark Flare
May 28 2013, 04:07:28 PM
$Abstain

Qwert
May 28 2013, 04:09:53 PM
If I am counting right:

Team Mafia:
Consigliere
Framer
Godfather
Janitor
Mafioso

Team Village:
Bodyguard
Cab Driver
Courtesan
Doctor
Lawyer
Mayor
Paranoid
Sheriff
Sleuth
Vigilante
Normal Citizen
Normal Citizen
Normal Citizen
Normal Citizen
Normal Citizen

Team Neutral:
Amnesiac
Arsonist
Lunatic
Rival
Serial Killer
Survivalist
Witch

If find it much easier to judge ratios with it spelled out like this

Edited to add a citizen. Figure having correct info is more important than the edit rule when I'm just copy/pasting the OP

Apparently SPASM doesn't think mentioning 4x random villager roles to be important. Breaking the rules to prevent confusion.

Loudyus
May 28 2013, 04:11:46 PM
Thanks for letting me sign up in the last minute ;) I really like the Mafia-setting of this game, much better than werewolves lol :P

$Abstain (hope I get to know some of you guys first :P)

Shaftoes
May 28 2013, 04:14:31 PM
$Abstain

dpidcoe
May 28 2013, 04:16:28 PM
$Abstain
$DarkFlare as usual

Quarantine
May 28 2013, 04:20:28 PM
Normally abstaining would be the best move, but after the last two games I think the best play for the village would be to lynch Cheese first. Otherwise he will do random shit for the entire game, nobody can get a read on him anyway and he will probably mess up the villages endgame. If he is one of the neutral roles or mafia, it's all the better, and if he has an important power role, we're fucked anyway, so it's not going to make much difference. Thus, $cheese nipples.

Nicho Void
May 28 2013, 04:21:36 PM
So, the abstain play has failed the last 9 games, since there are always some villagers who ignore it and vote random anyway. Would we be better off killing off one of the usual sperglords now, rather than waiting till day 2?

cullnean
May 28 2013, 04:25:49 PM
I agree day one abstain and DF lynch are a waste imo

Sent via Tapatalk 4

inora aknaria
May 28 2013, 04:35:04 PM
I too am butt hurt that cheese didn't get lynched last game so fuck abstaining. $cheese nipples

Varcaus
May 28 2013, 04:36:57 PM
4 Villagers? o.o

inora aknaria
May 28 2013, 04:38:16 PM
You should also post a link to a detailed description of all the roles like that which was in the last game. For example is arsonist kill immune. Also will we know which role killed someone or just the fact that someone died.

cullnean
May 28 2013, 04:40:35 PM
It's in the discussion/sign up isn't it?

Sent via Tapatalk 4

spasm
May 28 2013, 04:40:58 PM
You will know they died, not who killed them.

Qwert
May 28 2013, 04:55:46 PM
$cheese nipples

Not bitter at all, nope

Cool09
May 28 2013, 04:59:01 PM
Agreeing with you there. The game before last he totally screwed over our endgame, and last game he somehow got away with this:

ya'll can go fuck a rake, if you don't like it i'll just vote and not write anything else.

$cheese nipples

Nobody_Holme
May 28 2013, 05:04:52 PM
Well, if we're going with being bitter...

$Trox

Cue1*
May 28 2013, 05:07:16 PM
$abstain I've always maintained that it's a good day one play. Dunno why anyone is challenging that.

:Tabletz:

Nicho Void
May 28 2013, 05:10:54 PM
$abstain I've always maintained that it's a good day one play. Dunno why anyone is challenging that.
Because the Day 1 abstain strategy is predicated on the notion that no villagers would be stupid enough to go against the abstain vote and vote random. This has never been the case.

LarkinAlpha
May 28 2013, 05:35:14 PM
Normally abstaining would be the best move, but after the last two games I think the best play for the village would be to lynch Cheese first. Otherwise he will do random shit for the entire game, nobody can get a read on him anyway and he will probably mess up the villages endgame. If he is one of the neutral roles or mafia, it's all the better, and if he has an important power role, we're fucked anyway, so it's not going to make much difference. Thus, $cheese nipples.

Sow now I'm torn between pushing for Cheese before he's even posted or Abstaining... hrmm.

Nobody_Holme
May 28 2013, 05:40:12 PM
The loss based on a worst case scenario of cheese being the sheriff (thats the worst, right?) is still better than the worst case scenario of no lynch day one (mafia hits sheriff at random, village gets zero information from the day because the mafia could hide behind the people voting abstain with little to no justification).

It is to be fair the same for anyone you would normally want to kill day one (spam flare when he was being spammy, etc)

Cue1*
May 28 2013, 05:46:30 PM
That was true in the old spasm rules, where unless everyone abstains, then whoever had the most votes. However, that's not the rules this time.

Majority Abstain = no lynch, except on moderator-designated Must Lynch days

If we get a majority abstain, it gives us the opportunity to at least have a somewhat better chance to pick up hit of someone mafia. This way we don't blindly guess at someone and pop the sheriff.

Nobody_Holme
May 28 2013, 05:51:14 PM
You're right, but at the same time, I still prefer the odds of the random kill than helping the mafia out by doing nowt.

Cue1*
May 28 2013, 05:53:55 PM
You're right, but at the same time, I still prefer the odds of the random kill than helping the mafia out by doing nowt.

This game is so role heavy though, we're bound to hit someone with a role. That said, should someone be interested, I could be convinced to vote for someone instead of abstaining. Provide good proof(as much as you can get on day one) of someone being mafia and I'll vote.

EntroX
May 28 2013, 05:55:25 PM

that is the argument i am having in the pre-game thread.

i am honestly not sure why would you skip the chance of killing a random with such a large power-role pool :|

i'll take my vote later anyways since i believe abstaining is pretty dumb (unless someone can explain me why it isnt, i posted on the other thread and i'd love to hear a real reason not to)

Kilabi
May 28 2013, 06:01:35 PM
We had the math done at some point and with the old boring ruleset it was like a 12,5% chance to be favourable for the villagers and everything else a total disaster. With the huge amount of roles I would have to do the math again but :effort: so I will join the bandwagon to kill the most useless "villager" and taking the chance to even kill a mafia or neutral role.

If he has a proper role he can always come forward with it and try to convince us.

Nobody_Holme
May 28 2013, 06:03:11 PM
Steph will be along with a graph at some point to explain the other side of the argument.

EntroX
May 28 2013, 06:05:10 PM
there's slightly more non-village offensive roles than villagers themselves, so its a rather good odd imo

Dark Flare
May 28 2013, 06:27:11 PM

i am honestly not sure why would you skip the chance of killing a random with such a large power-role pool :|

i'll take my vote later anyways since i believe abstaining is pretty dumb (unless someone can explain me why it isnt, i posted on the other thread and i'd love to hear a real reason not to)

because you're mostly likely to hit a villager, and day1 is always a random lynch so the argument of "maf can hide in the abstains" is stupid beacuse they'll just hide in cheese votes instead

EntroX
May 28 2013, 06:34:57 PM

because you're mostly likely to hit a villager, and day1 is always a random lynch so the argument of "maf can hide in the abstains" is stupid beacuse they'll just hide in cheese votes instead

yeah, i understand that but personally i would like to see more of a tangible reason, do please share on the pre-game thread since i find it interesting.

sorry for the "off-topic" re: the thread

Qwert
May 28 2013, 06:37:25 PM
Read the game 9 thread again. The first 48 hour day was a handful of joke darkflare votes, a bit of sperging, and nothing interesting. Compare that to the flightly lynch day, where nearly everyone was posting, votes were swapping, etc.

While the day one lynch may be negative for the village from a pure :game theory: probability perspective, you ignore the human part of the game. Like Cheese being a liability for literally every role playing except arsonist :psyduck:

EntroX
May 28 2013, 06:39:41 PM
right, so i just did the math and yeah, i see the reasoning make sense now, plus apparently we don't know how many vanilla villagers there are so it all fits now i guess. i was just looking at the general picture and what i saw was wrong, apologies.

the ratio of power roles to village ratio tilts in the favor of the first so yeah...

dpidcoe
May 28 2013, 06:40:11 PM
While the day one lynch may be negative for the village from a pure :game theory: probability perspective, you ignore the human part of the game.Basically this.

Nobody_Holme
May 28 2013, 06:43:17 PM
The thing is, mafia can hide anywhere, but wherever they hide, information you gain later can tie back to these posts and tell you who is mafia and who isnt.

Also, spreadsheets can catch some people in the act, because they're dumb, and the day 1 vote gives fuel to catching those people early and thus more patterns to work from to pick up the other people who're better at the game.

Bentguru
May 28 2013, 07:40:45 PM
If we're going to off anybody it should definitely be cheese, he's been a massive liability in every village end-game he's been in. Including the last two.

EntroX
May 28 2013, 08:06:18 PM
If we're going to off anybody it should definitely be cheese, he's been a massive liability in every village end-game he's been in. Including the last two.

and he ruined my plot in the last round too :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

LarkinAlpha
May 28 2013, 08:11:44 PM

He's only played in the last two games...

pratell
May 28 2013, 08:44:27 PM

He's only played in the last two games...
so he's not wrong is he

Xan
May 28 2013, 08:54:52 PM
15 Village to 12 Mafia + Neuts = Day 1 $Abstain in my book.

I'm tempted to go with a random lynch though, because if you take away normal villagers and count them as expendable its only 11 Village Power Roles against 12 Mafia + Neut Power Roles, which makes it more palatable, but with so few villagers I don't think they can be considered expendable this game.

Qwert
May 28 2013, 09:02:10 PM

I'm tempted to go with a random lynch though, because if you take away normal villagers and count them as expendable its only 11 Village Power Roles against 12 Mafia + Neut Power Roles, which makes it more palatable, but with so few villagers I don't think they can be considered expendable this game.

And tomorrow it will be 14 + 12, then 12 + 11, and we will never vote because :math:

EntroX
May 28 2013, 09:04:23 PM

that was the same math i did, but the number of normal villagers is a complete unknown, Spasm told me on IRC that there is *at least 1*, which means that out of the supposed 5 normal villagers (22 total roles between mafia/village/neutral) 4 of those could actually have village roles.

so basically there's 10 to 14 village power roles and 1 to 5 vanilla villagers.

inora aknaria
May 28 2013, 09:07:22 PM
Wait so there can be more then 1 person in any given role?

spasm
May 28 2013, 09:08:59 PM
Yes

inora aknaria
May 28 2013, 09:09:41 PM
You didn't think that was something you should clarify in the rule set. FFS. That is a HUGE change.

EntroX
May 28 2013, 09:10:04 PM
Wait so there can be more then 1 person in any given role?

on the village yeah, there could be 2 or more doctor/sheriff/etc

don't forget the Amnesiac could also get the role of any dead player too

LarkinAlpha
May 28 2013, 09:12:45 PM
2 Arsonists would be pretty funny tbh. Light the other on fire in the same turn.

Dark Flare
May 28 2013, 09:14:57 PM

And tomorrow it will be 14 + 12, then 12 + 11, and we will never vote because :math:

except tomorrow the cop has investigations etc

inora aknaria
May 28 2013, 09:16:19 PM
Any other huge rule changes you would care to inform everyone else about?

spasm
May 28 2013, 09:16:34 PM
You didn't think that was something you should clarify in the rule set. FFS. That is a HUGE change.

It's been that way in every game. All I'll say is that it's balanced.

inora aknaria
May 28 2013, 09:22:04 PM

Clearly not as I wasn't the only one confused. Last game it was listed if there were duplicates of roles. Having just random extra roles where ever the GM "sees fit" makes it extraordinarily hard to identify who people are through a process of elimination.

Does the arsonist have "night" immunity this game, or was that just simply removed.

spasm
May 28 2013, 09:28:11 PM
I've already said the arsonist has the same immunity he did last game.

EntroX
May 28 2013, 09:28:49 PM

Clearly not as I wasn't the only one confused. Last game it was listed if there were duplicates of roles. Having just random extra roles where ever the GM "sees fit" makes it extraordinarily hard to identify who people are through a process of elimination.

Does the arsonist have "night" immunity this game, or was that just simply removed.

i don't see the problem with the first one, makes it more complex and i like that personally, the second one however is quite important since that fucked team mafia on the last round

EntroX
May 28 2013, 09:29:30 PM
I've already said the arsonist has the same immunity he did last game.

derp, that's what i get for alt-tabbing mid post and then hitting reply, thanks for the clarification.

Xan
May 28 2013, 09:42:44 PM
I'm not a huge fan of not knowing the number of roles. That being said, it definitely makes it more sound to at least get a day 1 abstain in rather than randomly offing someone, before we have anything but previous knowledge.

EntroX
May 28 2013, 09:47:19 PM
I'm not a huge fan of not knowing the number of roles. That being said, it definitely makes it more sound to at least get a day 1 abstain in rather than randomly offing someone, before we have anything but previous knowledge.

yeah and that is why i was arguing for the contrary, i assumed there were 5 vanilla villagers and figured it'd be worth the risk. that's why i asked spasm about it on irc

Cheese nippels
May 28 2013, 09:54:20 PM
Whilst I'm a great fan of day one lynchings, it's in your best interests not to lynch me.

Just sayin'

$Darkflare

Qwert
May 28 2013, 09:55:12 PM
Whilst I'm a great fan of day one lynchings, it's in your best interests not to lynch me.

Just sayin'

$Darkflare

CHeese confirmed loon then.

inora aknaria
May 28 2013, 10:01:59 PM
I say we kill cheese. Partly because he went for the DF vote (which is terrible), but mostly I can't believe I couldn't convince more people to kill him last game. (also he is terrible at this game and has been nothing but a liability in the late game)

Steph
May 28 2013, 10:08:23 PM
Spasm, is cause of death revealed in this round?

Steph
May 28 2013, 10:09:28 PM
Nevermind, I see that it is.

Also $$abstain because maths.

spasm
May 28 2013, 10:13:03 PM

It isn't

Quarantine
May 28 2013, 11:14:12 PM

The math says a random lynch is bad. Lynching cheese isn't random, it's a very calculated move. Removing quiet and bad players first is a sound village strategy and we don't need to wait for day 2 to start with that.

Steph
May 28 2013, 11:17:38 PM

The math says a random lynch is bad. Lynching cheese isn't random, it's a very calculated move. Removing quiet and bad players first is a sound village strategy and we don't need to wait for day 2 to start with that.

Lynching cheese is also founded in intergame butthurt, and I vehemently object to holding grudges between games. That sort of thing is detrimental to the health of the game in the long term.

EntroX
May 28 2013, 11:38:44 PM

Lynching cheese is also founded in intergame butthurt, and I vehemently object to holding grudges between games. That sort of thing is detrimental to the health of the game in the long term.

but he ruined my chance to post something funny *and* win the game :(

still going to wait until tomorrow before i make my choice anyways~

EntroX
May 28 2013, 11:43:34 PM

It isn't

i meant to quote this, since they are not revealed then i guess the Amnesiac is pretty much fucked since he wont know what role he will get?

spasm
May 28 2013, 11:47:17 PM
Roles are still revealed, just not who killed them.

EntroX
May 28 2013, 11:47:53 PM
oh, i see - that makes more sense now :V

Dr.Boomtown
May 29 2013, 12:37:15 AM
geez i wake up to four pages of this already

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 12:40:19 AM
geez i wake up to four pages of this already

Was just about to post the same thing. If this was any other thread you could all get fucked me going back and reading it all.

LarkinAlpha
May 29 2013, 01:12:06 AM

But how else are we to determine a day 1 lynch? At least with intergame butthurt, you can get it out of the way early, then get back to playing the game. Cheese has been consistently bad for the village, and his 1 post so far hasn't shown any improvement.

I'm going to hold off voting for a bit but I'm heavily leaning towards Cheese at the moment.

Cool09
May 29 2013, 01:12:11 AM

I can see how that would be bad for the little community we have here. Eg. if darkflare died EVERY game first round he wouldn't play anymore... and tbh excluding players is not cool.

cheese nips $abstain

We have roughly an entire RL day to go still don't we? Could still switch if needed.

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 01:20:39 AM

I can see how that would be bad for the little community we have here. Eg. if darkflare died EVERY game first round he wouldn't play anymore... and tbh excluding players is not cool.

cheese nips $abstain

We have roughly an entire RL day to go still don't we? Could still switch if needed.

He still plays. He is darkflare. The one game we let him play he won anyway, and we cant take that away from him. Having said that I actually agree with :math: this time, lynching someone with no info in round 1 IN THIS GAME isnt in the best interests of the village. so $abstain.

I do however love a good day 1 random lynching so im more than happy to change my vote if something good happens.

Dr.Boomtown
May 29 2013, 01:51:57 AM
after thoroughly reading the thread and analyzing it closely, i have determined nothing of value has been said and i will be $abstain for the moment

pratell
May 29 2013, 01:57:22 AM
my thread is only 2 pages long, all you wankers complaining about 4 need to l2forum

ctrlchris
May 29 2013, 02:12:42 AM
my thread is only 2 pages long, all you wankers complaining about 4 need to l2forum
Its 8 on tapatalk.

$abstain for now.

telephone

Flightly
May 29 2013, 02:33:53 AM
Sticking with $abstain for now. Not really game for the whole cheese bandwagon at the moment either.

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 02:39:21 AM
Sticking with $abstain for now. Not really game for the whole cheese bandwagon at the moment either.

welp, flightly is mafia again.

Seriously though, cheese should die. The maths don't get much better as time goes on here, and the sheriff isn't going to say anything for at least a few rounds. Rather than simply relying on the village to bail us out, lets actually try and accomplish something as a village this round.

This isn't butthurt, cheese won the game for me 2 games ago and last game I died to early to care, it's a smart tactical move for the village to just kill him.

cheese

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 02:49:43 AM

Seriously though, cheese should die. The maths don't get much better as time goes on here, and the sheriff isn't going to say anything for at least a few rounds. Rather than simply relying on the village to bail us out, lets actually try and accomplish something as a village this round.

This isn't butthurt, cheese won the game for me 2 games ago and last game I died to early to care, it's a smart tactical move for the village to just kill him.

cheese

Calls flighty mafia. Makes a strong case for himself to be mafia. Ignores logic. Is bent.

EntroX
May 29 2013, 03:14:51 AM

cheese

Calls flighty mafia. Makes a strong case for himself to be mafia. Ignores logic. Is bent.

i find the last part of that post rather funny (the bent part)

still holding my vote since there's plenty of time left, but its not like it'd make a difference at this point anyways since pretty much everyone is abstaining.

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 03:24:38 AM

cheese

Yes, this is absolutely a strong case for me to be mafia. Because every single game I have made this argument, I have been mafia.

Oh no, wait... i've been a villager every single time.

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 03:26:49 AM
fwiw, the argument I am referring to is the village should try to lynch mafia without being hand-held by the sheriff every single game.

Nobody_Holme
May 29 2013, 03:43:57 AM
While I see what you're trying to do...

I'm thinking we might have had our first useful information Entrox $Bent

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 04:23:54 AM

You are actually horrible if you think I am a mafia

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 04:31:22 AM

Mate you seem to be reacting badly to this accusation. Is something up?

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 04:34:14 AM

Slightly annoyed that the village persists in lynching me every time I suggest it be proactive, even though every single time I have done it I have been a villager.

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 04:38:37 AM

Slightly annoyed that the village persists in lynching me every time I suggest it be proactive, even though every single time I have done it I have been a villager.

"Every other time I said this" is not the worlds greatest defense.

Nicho Void
May 29 2013, 04:40:03 AM

You have the subtly of a 14 year old in a whore house.

:taptap:

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 04:40:09 AM

why are you making up quotes lana?

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 04:41:06 AM

I'm not trying to be subtle, I'm trying to goad the village into actually playing instead of waiting for the sheriff to save them.

dpidcoe
May 29 2013, 04:41:07 AM
Yeah. Bent is probably mafia, maybe.

Calling it now.

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 04:43:46 AM
yes, because my standard mafia play is to run around provoking the village into action and definitely not to blend into the backround.

Really guys? If I ever get to be the lunatic it's going to be the easiest thing in the world to win.

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 04:44:42 AM

This made me lol. What have you done with the real Nicho Void?

Kilabi
May 29 2013, 04:53:01 AM
Looks like this could be one of those time we manage to get the $abstain through. While the chance to off someone bad is there I still rather not lynch a village power role day 1.

Nobody_Holme
May 29 2013, 05:33:03 AM
I still think its a bad idea.

Abstain is indeed going through though.

Also, i'm sad no one tried to start a bent wagon with my vote, it would've been semi-simple, and gets rid of one of the biggest pushers for several of the strategies you want to avoid the village taking (if only to keep options open)

Dr.Boomtown
May 29 2013, 06:47:04 AM
clearly bent wants us to think he is the lunatic so we don't lynch him

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 07:24:01 AM
clearly bent wants us to think he is the lunatic so we don't lynch him

Worked last game.

Navigator Six
May 29 2013, 07:36:09 AM

It's not "intergame butthurt", it's "we saw how he played last game, and are worried he might do it again." Cheese did at least post, however. Gonna vote $Varc for helping Booms blow the last game by not posting.

Steph
May 29 2013, 07:52:12 AM
we saw how he played last game, and are worried he might do it again."

And you wouldn't call that holding a grudge?

Shall we go down the list of everyone who's been on the Mafia team when the village lost, then?

QuackBot
May 29 2013, 08:00:09 AM
Defense is the best bot.

Dark Flare
May 29 2013, 08:17:19 AM
Bent isn't mafia. EntroX probably is. He's acting too "nice", same as last game. Almost as if he needs to win people over. Hth.

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 08:18:58 AM

Shall we go down the list of everyone who's been on the Mafia team when the village lost, then?

He was a bit of a derp last game for no good reason. I still dont think thats a reason to lynch him THIS game, at least not yet.

Navigator Six
May 29 2013, 08:32:23 AM

I'd call a grudge a position which is not founded on logic. Being on the mafia team when the village won is not a logical reason to vote for someone. Voting for someone who cost the village lynches by providing nearly no information (or random information), despite being a villager, is at least somewhat logical. It's not like the first round matters anyways; abstain-train is clearly a go. 8-)

Cheese nippels
May 29 2013, 08:52:22 AM
This is quite a lot of theories on who people are for the first day, especially since nobody is actually voting for anyone.

Dark Flare
May 29 2013, 08:56:30 AM
This is quite a lot of theories on who people are for the first day, especially since nobody is actually voting for anyone.

You can read a lot more from words than votes.

Lana Torrin
May 29 2013, 09:00:16 AM

That in its self is interesting. I was perfectly happy to jump on a bandwagon but there really hasn't been one.

Well, except the one for you, but we know what that exists and I dont agree with it.

Quarantine
May 29 2013, 12:08:32 PM

You aren't seriously suggesting that we should all pretend we don't know each other? As much as you'd probably like this to be an exercise in game theory, even on a forum for a good part it's an exercise in social dynamics and you just can't turn that part of the metagame off. Lacking any hints about their identities, the mafia, the arsonist and the serial killer will kill good and active players first, because that will help them in the endgame tremendously. Lacking any clues, the village should probably do the opposite, and kill their inactive and random players first. If you think this is some kind of cyber-bullying you're probably right, but most voting bandwagons are and so is killing Darkflare on day 1, for example. Considering that openly lying in this thread and PMs about your identity is encouraged, I don't really see an argument for playing nicer being that convincing.

Flightly
May 29 2013, 12:10:06 PM
....because I was mafia last round??? Keep up with the thread before you throw an accusation Bent.

Nobody_Holme
May 29 2013, 12:17:10 PM
Flightly too touchy, clearly mafia.

Dark Flare
May 29 2013, 01:54:05 PM
And she's using homophobic slurs.

EntroX
May 29 2013, 02:00:28 PM
Bent isn't mafia. EntroX probably is. He's acting too "nice", same as last game. Almost as if he needs to win people over. Hth.

welp, that's me done for.

gg

also, table:

Cheese nipples
inora aknaria, Quarantine, Qwert, Bentguru

Dark Flare 1
Dpidcoe, Cheese Nippels

Bentguru
Nobody Holme

Varcaus
Navigator Six

abstain
Cue1*, Dark Flare, Loudyus, Shaftoes, Xan, Steph, Cool09, Lana Torrin, DrBoomtown, Flightly, Kilabi

not voted
ctrlchris, Cullnean, Entrox, FMAR, LarkinAlpha, Nicho Void, Pratell, Varcaus

apologies if i missed any

cullnean
May 29 2013, 02:05:27 PM
$cheese nippels he appears to be trying to distract with his day one DF lynch

Sent via Tapatalk 4

ctrlchris
May 29 2013, 02:53:57 PM

welp, that's me done for.

gg

also, table:

Cheese nipples
inora aknaria, Quarantine, Qwert, Bentguru

Dark Flare 1
Dpidcoe, Cheese Nippels

Bentguru
Nobody Holme

Varcaus
Navigator Six

abstain
Cue1*, Dark Flare, Loudyus, Shaftoes, Xan, Steph, Cool09, Lana Torrin, DrBoomtown, Flightly, Kilabi

not voted
ctrlchris, Cullnean, Entrox, FMAR, LarkinAlpha, Nicho Void, Pratell, Varcaus

apologies if i missed any

Its 8 on tapatalk.

$abstain for now.

telephone

Forgot to bold.

EntroX
May 29 2013, 03:01:44 PM
welp, thanks for the notice, i kinda scrolled down looking for bolded ones and i guess i missed yours, fixed:

Cheese nipples
inora aknaria, Quarantine, Qwert, Bentguru, Cullnean

Dark Flare 1
Dpidcoe, Cheese Nippels

Bentguru
Nobody Holme

Varcaus
Navigator Six

abstain
Cue1*, Dark Flare, Loudyus, Shaftoes, Xan, Steph, Cool09, Lana Torrin, DrBoomtown, Flightly, Kilabi, ctrlchris

not voted
Entrox, FMAR, LarkinAlpha, Nicho Void, Pratell, Varcaus

Nobody_Holme
May 29 2013, 03:40:04 PM
If you don't bold and $ your vote, it may not count.

Table should kinda count separately votes which were derped to avoid confusion.

LarkinAlpha
May 29 2013, 03:40:20 PM
$Cheese because when he was a villager he was absolutely no help to the village. So far his posts haven't been that great either. ATM I know this won't go through, but with this ruleset I'd rather vote for someone who I see as a problem in round 1 than abstain tbh.

EntroX
May 29 2013, 03:45:00 PM
If you don't bold and $ your vote, it may not count.

Table should kinda count separately votes which were derped to avoid confusion.

that's a good point i guess, thing is that for people on tapatalk they'd have to write the bold tags manually tho.

i'll do another table on the afternoon today and i'll do what you say and show them on a different line, it will be up to Spasm to count them as legit or not i guess.

spasm
May 29 2013, 04:26:46 PM
I don't care how you format it. I read everything anyways and keep a running tally.

Sent from the SpasPhone

dpidcoe
May 29 2013, 04:42:56 PM
that's a good point i guess, thing is that for people on tapatalk they'd have to write the bold tags manually tho.
Implying we don't all write tags manually anyway? (for me it's faster than taking my hand off the keyboard to click them)

Also, switching from DarkFlare to $Cheese Nipples since there's actually a chance of nailing him and he's been nothing but randomness every time I've played with him in the past.

EntroX
May 29 2013, 04:44:32 PM
Implying we don't all write tags manually anyway? (for me it's faster than taking my hand off the keyboard to click them)

Also, switching from DarkFlare to $Cheese Nipples since there's actually a chance of nailing him and he's been nothing but randomness every time I've played with him in the past.

yeah, i do that too :-P, pushing buttans is :effort: once both hands are on the keyboard~

LarkinAlpha
May 29 2013, 04:46:23 PM

yeah, i do that too :-P, pushing buttans is :effort: once both hands are on the keyboard~

It's just easier and quicker than hunting with the mouse.

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 04:48:46 PM
....because I was mafia last round??? Keep up with the thread before you throw an accusation Bent.

No because your post kinda sent me mafia signals, and I wanted to see how you reacted to a baseless accusation.

EntroX
May 29 2013, 04:49:54 PM

No because your post kinda sent me mafia signals, and I wanted to see how you reacted to a baseless accusation.

clearly she was going to react the same as always, adding multiple exclamation/question marks and pretending to be innocent and failing in the process. i don't know why you even bother :-P

Nobody_Holme
May 29 2013, 05:14:39 PM
I, too, do tags manually.

Also, I do them manually from my phone, which doesnt have tapapapapapatalk installed.

People can just deal (although bonus points to spasm for being friendly to lazy people who want to play. WAIT, THE GM IS MAFIA)

dpidcoe
May 29 2013, 05:21:44 PM
Also, I do them manually from my phone, which doesnt have tapapapapapatalk installed. non-tapatalk crew represent.

Dark Flare
May 29 2013, 05:22:22 PM

lol look at all these fucking scrubs

ctrl + b nigger

or should i say nigger

EntroX
May 29 2013, 05:27:01 PM

lol look at all these fucking scrubs

ctrl + b nigger

or should i say nigger

yeah, bold with ctr+b, i know that ctrl+u is this and ctrl+i is this, i don't know of any others however

Cool09
May 29 2013, 05:56:09 PM
Mafiaheap Challange Round 10: Text Formatting Shortcuts

or should I say:

EntroX
May 29 2013, 05:56:58 PM

or should I say:

done

dpidcoe
May 29 2013, 06:06:56 PM

or should I say:

done
Why does it say last edited by spasm?

:tinfoil:

Nobody_Holme
May 29 2013, 06:10:47 PM
You know you're misspelling challenge, right?

Not sure who actually noticed and who left it in for comedic effect...

spasm
May 29 2013, 06:10:55 PM
Moderates can edit thread titles without editing the first post.

Cue1*
May 29 2013, 06:19:19 PM

Everyone can.

the thing from the buzz buzz

EntroX
May 29 2013, 06:42:56 PM

Everyone can.

the thing from the buzz buzz

mods+op that is

Cool09
May 29 2013, 06:45:40 PM
You know you're misspelling challenge, right?

Not sure who actually noticed and who left it in for comedic effect...

Typed it out that way for effect ;)

Navigator Six
May 29 2013, 07:30:18 PM
It's pronounced "shall-onj".

Nicho Void
May 29 2013, 07:32:26 PM
$abstain

Bentguru
May 29 2013, 07:54:25 PM
I thought the day was over?

pratell
May 29 2013, 08:00:39 PM
7pm est bent

p.s. daythread time

spasm
May 29 2013, 09:01:57 PM
2 hours left.

Nobody_Holme
May 29 2013, 09:05:47 PM
Futile attempt to get more people to vote early goes here.

also Bent $Cheese because I stand by day 1 abstain being bad, and hes my best chance of avoiding one.

Loudyus
May 29 2013, 09:56:21 PM
Should our sheriff claim as soon as he gets a "guilty"? Just wondering how many ppl could kill him, even with the Doc guarding him. Arsonist, I guess?

EntroX
May 29 2013, 10:20:14 PM
Should our sheriff claim as soon as he gets a "guilty"? Just wondering how many ppl could kill him, even with the Doc guarding him. Arsonist, I guess?

serial killer, arsonist, mafia and vigilante are the killing roles i believe?

EntroX
May 29 2013, 10:41:42 PM
since it doesn't matter what i vote for i guess i'll go for $abstain.

no grounds to kill anyone at this stage bar from the ones going for cheesy, and even their reasoning is a bit weak for my taste

dpidcoe
May 29 2013, 10:59:49 PM
Generally the best play for the sheriff has always been to immediately contact the people he investigates as innocent, keep them all informed of each other, and then have one of the innocent people go and post about any guilty investigations that turn up.

spasm
May 29 2013, 11:00:09 PM
Night 1

No one was lynched.

Please don't post till I start the next day.

dpidcoe
May 29 2013, 11:07:41 PM
c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker?

spasm
May 29 2013, 11:13:02 PM
Day 2
(Please PM me if you didn't receive a PM acknowledging whatever power role you did, because that means I missed it)

Pratell was murdered and found to be a Villager.
Xan was murdered and found to be a Doctor.

Qwert
May 29 2013, 11:13:21 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/317/e/d/dawn_of_the_second_day_wallpaper_by_rapture_shadow-d5kutcp.png

EntroX
May 29 2013, 11:14:22 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/317/e/d/dawn_of_the_second_day_wallpaper_by_rapture_shadow-d5kutcp.png

hahahaha, +rep

also, that was a rather harsh first day :|

Qwert
May 29 2013, 11:21:11 PM
Ok, how the hell did we end up with two deaths?

Dark Flare
May 29 2013, 11:21:52 PM
Ok, how the hell did we end up with two deaths?

Mafkill + Neutkill I guess. Or maybe Vig thought he was a hotshot and was actually a big shit.

Nobody_Holme
May 29 2013, 11:22:04 PM
Okay, so, primary targets are idlers

$FMAR

If you defend yourself with some form of reasoning, you're off the hook.

Qwert
May 29 2013, 11:23:44 PM
Ah, right, day one vig kill. I was thinking Xan doctored a paranoid who stayed up on the first day /o\

EntroX
May 29 2013, 11:27:54 PM
Ah, right, day one vig kill. I was thinking Xan doctored a paranoid who stayed up on the first day /o\

err, doesn't the rules say Vigilante can't kill on day 1?, i imagine it was the serial killer instead~

Qwert
May 29 2013, 11:29:40 PM

err, doesn't the rules say Vigilante can't kill on day 1?, i imagine it was the serial killer instead~

Or maybe not the vig.

The Vigilante has a gun and, for some reason, only three bullets. During the night(except the first night)

I dunno why I was thinking SK was blocked on day 1, but vig wasn't.

dpidcoe
May 29 2013, 11:33:01 PM

$FMAR

Why not pratell or varcus?

LarkinAlpha
May 29 2013, 11:37:08 PM
Day 2
(Please PM me if you didn't receive a PM acknowledging whatever power role you did, because that means I missed it)

Pratell was murdered and found to be a Villager.
Xan was murdered and found to be a Doctor.

So now we need to ask, who would want to kill Pratell, and who would want to kill Xan?

LarkinAlpha
May 29 2013, 11:37:40 PM

$FMAR

Probably because Pratell is dead and Varc is next?

Nicho Void
May 29 2013, 11:41:25 PM
Can't we just have an intelligent vigilante who offs the inactives?

LarkinAlpha
May 29 2013, 11:47:31 PM
Can't we just have an intelligent vigilante who offs the inactives?

He's only got 3 shots, but I agree with this since it supports the village without wasting a lynch vote.

With a cursory look at the thread, and some experience with the players, I can answer 1 of my questions. Who would have wanted Pratell dead?

Cullnean is my most likely suspect. They tend to support each other, so if one ended up Mafia I wouldn't put it past him to have the other killed.

As for Xan, the obvious one would be Toxic, but he's not playing this round so.... no clue there.

Still think we should kill $Cheese though.

EntroX
May 29 2013, 11:48:11 PM
jesus christ read the rules guys :psyduck: (talking about the vigilante here)

was pratell on the last round?, somehow i don't seem to remember. Xan was a bit passive all around so i can't really think of anyone from the top of my head, i'll have a peek at the last thread and see.

as far as i can tell (at this moment) it seems they were most likely random hits, remember that the seriffs (and i say it in plural cos mafia gets one too) haven't had a chance to get reports yet which means no-one would have a basis for a meaningful gank (other than "prior" history and sadly i lack information on that department, i'll go trough the other threads and report on this later)

Dr.Boomtown
May 29 2013, 11:48:59 PM

$FMAR

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Varcaus
May 29 2013, 11:59:49 PM

$FMAR

Well Pratell is dead that might be it. That said im not going to be very active this game due to most of the time taking place durning school or football practice. If iI last till friday or the weekend i'll get more active then.

Lana Torrin
May 30 2013, 12:06:09 AM

Or maybe not the vig.

The Vigilante has a gun and, for some reason, only three bullets. During the night(except the first night)

Fun fact, serial killer got the only kill in the first round last game (I know it was me). I still dont know if the mafia hit a kill immune target first up or if they just didnt vote.

LarkinAlpha
May 30 2013, 12:07:24 AM

Or maybe not the vig.

Fun fact, serial killer got the only kill in the first round last game (I know it was me). I still dont know if the mafia hit a kill immune target first up or if they just didnt vote.

I think they went after you round 1... or Toxic. 1 of the two of you at least.

Varcaus
May 30 2013, 12:11:19 AM
Toxic irrc

Dr.Boomtown
May 30 2013, 12:16:16 AM
so the serial killer can kill on day one but not the vigilante?

pratell
May 30 2013, 12:24:58 AM
I am the new dark flare

Gg village

EntroX
May 30 2013, 12:25:44 AM
Toxic irrc

yes, we (the mafia) went for Toxic in the last round for no other reason than me suggesting it :V

still reading the threads~

Lana Torrin
May 30 2013, 12:26:34 AM
so the serial killer can kill on day one but not the vigilante?

Yep. That was without a doubt the SK and Mafia combo. Its what I expected to see last game and therefor was shocked when I only saw 1 kill (my kill). The vig can kill now so more than likely we should see 3 kills (+ a lynch) tonight. Technically the arsonist can as well but they would be stupid to with only 1 person being doused.

Cool09
May 30 2013, 12:30:02 AM
Toxic irrc

This, they went after toxic and were quite miffed they couldn't off him.

dpidcoe
May 30 2013, 01:02:45 AM

$FMAR

Well Pratell is dead that might be it. That said im not going to be very active this game due to most of the time taking place durning school or football practice. If iI last till friday or the weekend i'll get more active then.
Somehow I missed that it was Pratell who had died.

Since you've posted and fmar hasn't yet, going $FMAR for inactive.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 30 2013, 01:30:54 AM

Please, plenty of other inactives who don't have excuses. You just want to make this personal. Fine then, gonna get weird up in here.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab149/Serpentsign/getoff.gif

Cheese nippels
May 30 2013, 01:41:52 AM
$FMAR appears to be the new darkflare

Shaftoes
May 30 2013, 02:16:05 AM
$Cheese

Cheese seems to be trying really hard not to die~

Suggests either a neut or mafia to me and lack of any other information means he gets my vote

ctrlchris
May 30 2013, 02:57:03 AM
What did cheese do in the last game thats made people want to vote for him this time?
I could read the previous thread (I assume?) but ehhhhhh

Varcaus
May 30 2013, 03:00:41 AM
What did cheese do in the last game thats made people want to vote for him this time?

Threw the game in short.

LarkinAlpha
May 30 2013, 03:02:27 AM

He's worse than you are for not posting sensible reasons for his votes. Last game he was the last remaining Mafia and knew who the arsonist was and didn't manage to get him killed.

Basically, he's a liability to whichever side he's on, AND whichever side he's against. As the village should lynch someone, he's a better target than most. And if he's the Sheriff, oh well, GG RNG (or Spasm if he chose roles).

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 30 2013, 03:17:56 AM
Basically, he's a liability to whichever side he's on

Good enough for me. $Cheese$

http://25.media.tumblr.com/25b15e318a0a2b0bd3aa519aad7d5522/tumblr_mnkympl2o51qgjbqlo2_500.gif

Bentguru
May 30 2013, 03:23:56 AM
$cheese again, same reasoning as before as nothing has changed at this point

Cue1*
May 30 2013, 03:37:47 AM
Yea, ok $Cheese but only because I don't see, or have, a better idea.

Lana Torrin
May 30 2013, 03:52:36 AM
Waiting for you cheese's excuse before voting for him.

Tapaderpin

EntroX
May 30 2013, 03:54:46 AM
Waiting for you cheese's excuse before voting for him.

Tapaderpin

ditto, while i do have reasons to get his sorry ass (and i have a feeling there will be enough votes anyways) i'll wait a bit more before making my choince, there's plenty of people speaking very little to nothing that worry me slightly more. the way he is acting reminds me of FMAR in the last game.

Qwert
May 30 2013, 04:03:48 AM
$cheese

Cheese nippels
May 30 2013, 04:34:19 AM
C'mon guys, it's a different game, you're all just mad because I played the game how I wanted to last time and I 'won'.
I gotta say though, there's probably a mafia bandwagon on me, so that could help the village win.

dpidcoe
May 30 2013, 05:13:06 AM

Please, plenty of other inactives who don't have excuses. You just want to make this personal. Fine then, gonna get weird up in here. You were the only one left who hadn't posted yet. Cry moar.

Lana Torrin
May 30 2013, 06:25:12 AM
C'mon guys, it's a different game, you're all just mad because I played the game how I wanted to last time and I 'won'.
I gotta say though, there's probably a mafia bandwagon on me, so that could help the village win.

I think they won despite you not because of you.. $Cheese

Navigator Six
May 30 2013, 07:08:26 AM
Good to see more posting this game at least *cough*VarcBooms*cough*. Also, Cheese, you didn't actually win last game, or even 'win'. :-P

In before Cheese is the lunatic. 8-)

Nobody_Holme
May 30 2013, 07:18:46 AM
Not actually happy with FMAR's defence so far.

Sticking with that vote for now.

(and varc, cursory read of thread and votepoast is enough if you're going to be idle, but please to make sure you get a reasoned vote in, kthx?)

cullnean
May 30 2013, 07:59:17 AM

(and varc, cursory read of thread and votepoast is enough if you're going to be idle, but please to make sure you get a reasoned vote in, kthx?)

THIS IS HOW I PLAY SO IT IS HOW U SHOULD PLAY RABBLE RABBLE

Toxic
May 30 2013, 08:08:31 AM
As for Xan, the obvious one would be Toxic, but he's not playing this round so.... no clue there.

Or am I? ...

*flicks his zippo-lighter*

Navigator Six
May 30 2013, 08:16:25 AM
$Toxic just to be safe.

Steph
May 30 2013, 08:35:33 AM
Two things.

1) I might be incommunicado tomorrow. I'll definitely be able to read the thread, I just might not be able to post or access my PM inbox. So, you know, don't mistake me for an inactive. >_>

2) I'm not convinced that Cheese is mafia, or that we should be lynching him because he made a rookie mistake in the last game. That said I'm not sure who we should be lynching, although I'm getting a shifty read from $$FMAR.

ctrlchris
May 30 2013, 09:11:17 AM
Everyone knows magicarps are suss, $cheese

Nobody_Holme
May 30 2013, 09:58:40 AM
I get the feeling that we'll find at least one mafia in amongst the people pushing for cheese today because they think they can hide.

His play last game was just "fuck this shit i'm going home" rather than outright terrible, and hes reasonably good at avoiding people getting a read on what he is...

I'd love to switch off FMAR because it was only meant to be a force-activity poke but I really feel like hes the best choice at the moment. Please, someone, convince me otherwise (or agree with me more, I guess)

Dr.Boomtown
May 30 2013, 10:57:35 AM
cheese band wagon is already in full swing and unless something major happens while I'm sleeping v0v $cheese

inora aknaria
May 30 2013, 11:01:18 AM
I'm torn between voting for cheese because he is annoying to play with and not voting for him b/c I don't actually think he is mafia this game.

Lana Torrin
May 30 2013, 11:11:25 AM
I'm torn between voting for cheese because he is annoying to play with and not voting for him b/c I don't actually think he is mafia this game.

Well he's going to die and so far hasn't told us why he shouldn't. With the amount of roles in this game he probably has one......

Quarantine
May 30 2013, 12:41:36 PM

Well he's going to die and so far hasn't told us why he shouldn't. With the amount of roles in this game he probably has one......

Yep, this game, almost everyone has a role. The mafia can mostly coordinate how they use their roles (with the exception of the witch, unless they find her by chance). Having inactive, quiet or random players doesn't hurt them as much, because they have a chance to discuss their strategy and role use. The village can't coordinate at all, with the exception of the sheriff, so most of their roles are either resolved more or less random or only become important in the endgame, when there's a reasonable chance of guessing other's roles due to elimination. At this point it doesn't as much matter what roles survive, but which players do, and if they have the means and the will to make the most of their powers.

That's the problem exactly, you play how you want, and that way you probably won't help the village. So, lynching $cheese as an educational measure for everyone to step up their game a bit and actually read this thread. Beats a random lynch by a large margin. We can't hold back on the assumption that somebody might have an important role, that would mean simply waiting and abstaining for several rounds, hoping the sheriff survives and builds a voting block. That would be extremely risky.

cullnean
May 30 2013, 12:50:50 PM
$cheese

bandwagon in full swing

Cool09
May 30 2013, 01:03:21 PM
So why is everyone on board the $cheese wagon today but not yesterday? Yes, because of monty hall any random person is slightly more likely to be maf today. But basically the reasons are the same as yesterday. For a good example of his lategame play, check out 2 games ago. He showed exceptionally poor decision making which cost us the game. I'm convinced he wasn't even reading the thread.

Waiting a day cost us: a doctor, a villager, an arsonist dousing, and a consigliere investigation. In return we got a sheriff investigation. A poor trade imo.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 30 2013, 01:31:03 PM

You voted for me because I wasn't posting. I posted. What is there to defend?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a5f5dd408549dab7156cb237b999b7b2/tumblr_mku49fEvZj1s3k412o2_r1_250.gif

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 01:32:15 PM
Looks like cheese is the target. And doesn't look like he much cares about that, so w/e

$Cheese

inora aknaria
May 30 2013, 01:33:33 PM
Posting to say I'm bitter that I have no role (again), and $cheese nipples

Kilabi
May 30 2013, 01:36:38 PM
$cheese

That ctrl+b stuff is amazing.

Also, voting because he is bad.

Nobody_Holme
May 30 2013, 02:00:08 PM
Well, i'm finally happy to remove my vote from FMAR...

I guess its onto the $cheesewagon we go

Nicho Void
May 30 2013, 02:26:09 PM
Voting cheese is stupid. The mafia clearly orchestrated this wagon.

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 03:07:45 PM

How is it stupid? He's not defending himself, and as a villager he basically gamethrows anyway.

Nicho Void
May 30 2013, 03:41:32 PM

How is it stupid? He's not defending himself, and as a villager he basically gamethrows anyway.
I bolded the part that makes it stupid.

Am I the only one that thinks a predictable bad player is easy to deal with? You know how he's going to play. You know anything he types is useless. Just ignore him.

Instead, the silent/quiet people keep getting passes. We spend four rounds talking about how people should be more active, with the mafia starting bandwagons on vocal idiots. The village slowly agrees, we kill a villager, then go back to blaming the quiet people. If we want idiots to die, let the vigilante take care of them.

$FMAR

Qwert
May 30 2013, 04:06:30 PM

Am I the only one that thinks a predictable bad player is easy to deal with? You know how he's going to play. You know anything he types is useless. Just ignore him.

Instead, the silent/quiet people keep getting passes. We spend four rounds talking about how people should be more active, with the mafia starting bandwagons on vocal idiots. The village slowly agrees, we kill a villager, then go back to blaming the quiet people. If we want idiots to die, let the vigilante take care of them.

$FMAR

Fun fact, last game the quiet ones were villagers. You lack logic just as much as everyone else here.

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 04:08:51 PM

$FMAR

I'm reasonably happy with an FMAR lynch tomorrow, but I'd rather get rid of cheese today.

Cue1*
May 30 2013, 04:09:05 PM

$FMAR

A bad player is still a player. He still has a vote, one that can change everything based on a bad call.

dpidcoe
May 30 2013, 04:09:49 PM
So why is everyone on board the $cheese wagon today but not yesterday? Yes, because of monty hall any random person is slightly more likely to be maf today.
And this is why day1 abstain is dumb. Cheese vote today is obviously a grudgevote from previous games, it's not based on any evidence from this game, we could have just done it first round and gotten it out of the way.

Since the cheesewagon is unstoppable, I'm leaving my vote on fmar just to screw with the people who like to make voting spreadsheets.

dpidcoe
May 30 2013, 04:12:24 PM
If we want idiots to die, let the vigilante take care of them.
Bold words coming from you imo.

Unless you're the vigilante.

Loudyus
May 30 2013, 04:39:52 PM
If Cheese had a Power-Role he should have told us already. He did not give any reasoning to be useful for the village; he is probably a normal villager, but why shouldn't we take the gamble.

$cheese

Nicho Void
May 30 2013, 04:40:23 PM

$FMAR

Fun fact, last game the quiet ones were villagers. You lack logic just as much as everyone else here.
I know reading comprehension is not a prerequisite for FHC mafia, so I'll try again.

Bad players are predictable in their stupidity. Silent players are wild cards. Killing the silent players will always be a better play than grudge voting an idiot.

Navigator Six
May 30 2013, 05:18:44 PM
Bad players are predictable in their stupidity. Silent players are wild cards. Killing the silent players will always be a better play than grudge voting an idiot.

This. Plus FMAR is way more dangerous a player than Cheese (no offense Cheese 8-) ). If I had to choose between 'em I'd join dpid and Nicho. $Toxic (I'm gonna regret that one, I know it!) $FMAR. Doesn't look like it'll make a difference either way tho.

Also, does today end in another 5-ish hours, or in one day and 5-ish hours? spasm's announcement said "48 hours remain" but that's kinda unusual (we could totally argue about FMAR vs Cheese for another day though).

EntroX
May 30 2013, 05:30:48 PM

This. Plus FMAR is way more dangerous a player than Cheese (no offense Cheese 8-) ). If I had to choose between 'em I'd join dpid and Nicho. $Toxic (I'm gonna regret that one, I know it!) $FMAR. Doesn't look like it'll make a difference either way tho.

Also, does today end in another 5-ish hours, or in one day and 5-ish hours? spasm's announcement said "48 hours remain" but that's kinda unusual (we could totally argue about FMAR vs Cheese for another day though).

day ends the same time the new daythreads pop up i think

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 05:48:12 PM
So why is everyone on board the $cheese wagon today but not yesterday? Yes, because of monty hall any random person is slightly more likely to be maf today.
And this is why day1 abstain is dumb. Cheese vote today is obviously a grudgevote from previous games, it's not based on any evidence from this game, we could have just done it first round and gotten it out of the way.

Since the cheesewagon is unstoppable, I'm leaving my vote on fmar just to screw with the people who like to make voting spreadsheets.

Yesterday, if cheese was cop he'd have no-one to fight his corner.
Today he would.

I don't see why people don't think about power roles at all when deciding whether D1 abstain is smart or not.

spasm
May 30 2013, 05:53:39 PM

5 hours.

dpidcoe
May 30 2013, 05:59:31 PM

Today he would.

I don't see why people don't think about power roles at all when deciding whether D1 abstain is smart or not.
And I'm sure that one person would do a ton of good arguing against all 16 votes against cheese (assuming they even believe him, knowing cheese I'd suspect him of pulling a nicho and not care about taking someone else down with him for the lulz). If he were sheriff it would just get him whacked next turn anyway because someone defending him would make it super obvious.

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 06:00:55 PM

Today he would.

And I'm sure that one person would do a ton of good arguing against all 16 votes against cheese (assuming they even believe him, knowing cheese I'd suspect him of pulling a nicho and not care about taking someone else down with him for the lulz). If he were sheriff it would just get him whacked next turn anyway because someone defending him would make it super obvious.

If the maf can guess he's cop, so can the doctor. I'm usually in favour of a cop role straight-up outing so long as doc is alive on day2.

Quarantine
May 30 2013, 06:02:15 PM

Today he would.

Why would the sheriff investigate anyone who was already target of a witch-hunt on day 1? Chances of him getting bandwagoned eventually are fairly high and that would basically be a waste of an investigation. Even if he was innocent, the sheriff himself would have to put himself on the line in the thread to save him. I abstained on day 1 for the last two games, but I'm no longer sure that was a clever strategy.

LarkinAlpha
May 30 2013, 06:03:01 PM

Today he would.

If the maf can guess he's cop, so can the doctor. I'm usually in favour of a cop role straight-up outing so long as doc is alive on day2.

Which is unfortunate since Xan was a doctor and is now dead, and we don't know if we've got another one. It's quite likely we do, but we don't know.

Cool09
May 30 2013, 06:11:14 PM

Today he would.

This isn't "usual" mafia though. Remember last game, where I protected the overt sheriff? Kaboom arsonist kills 6 people in one turn which not only ignores doc protection but kills the doc. I'm assuming you didn't read the thread (I don't blame you tbh, it was quite long).

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 06:31:28 PM

Today he would.

Why would the sheriff investigate anyone who was already target of a witch-hunt on day 1? Chances of him getting bandwagoned eventually are fairly high and that would basically be a waste of an investigation. Even if he was innocent, the sheriff himself would have to put himself on the line in the thread to save him. I abstained on day 1 for the last two games, but I'm no longer sure that was a clever strategy.

I'm saying if cheese is cop silly, not if cop checked him.

Quarantine
May 30 2013, 06:50:51 PM

Sorry, misread your posting. But a wrongly accused sheriff would at this point only have the chance to contact 1 person, tell him he was sheriff, and hope that this one person believes him and believably defends himself in the thread against the bandwagon. At the same time, an accused mafia member who has a massive bandwagon on him could do exactly the same, and in this way also implicate one (or multiple) innocents as being guilty when he is eventually killed. You are right that on day 2 we had a sheriff investigation that increases our chance to make an informed decision, but only very slightly so.

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 07:06:33 PM

Sorry, misread your posting. But a wrongly accused sheriff would at this point only have the chance to contact 1 person, tell him he was sheriff, and hope that this one person believes him and believably defends himself in the thread against the bandwagon. At the same time, an accused mafia member who has a massive bandwagon on him could do exactly the same, and in this way also implicate one (or multiple) innocents as being guilty when he is eventually killed. You are right that on day 2 we had a sheriff investigation that increases our chance to make an informed decision, but only very slightly so.
If he's sheriff he should out as such and we should lynch someone else. But he's not so that's Kk :)

LarkinAlpha
May 30 2013, 07:19:08 PM
The fact that he's not willing to try and defend himself speaks volumes as well.

Honestly, I just want to see more people actually PLAYING the game rather than observing the game. If you want to watch, let someone else play please.

EntroX
May 30 2013, 07:49:30 PM
The fact that he's not willing to try and defend himself speaks volumes as well.

Honestly, I just want to see more people actually PLAYING the game rather than observing the game. If you want to watch, let someone else play please.

and that is what kinda nags me the most, but then again he played the same way on the last round :V

dpidcoe
May 30 2013, 07:51:23 PM
The fact that he's not willing to try and defend himself speaks volumes as well. And if he did defend himself, the fact that he defended himself would speak volumes to you to support your pet theory as well.

LarkinAlpha
May 30 2013, 07:53:53 PM
The fact that he's not willing to try and defend himself speaks volumes as well. And if he did defend himself, the fact that he defended himself would speak volumes to you to support your pet theory as well.

Except that if he was defending himself adequately it would prove that he's decided to stop being a draw on whatever team he's on and I would drop the issue. Similar to how I've dropped the issues I had with Cue and Flightly's interactions, similar to how I no longer rag on Nicho etc, etc.

Qwert
May 30 2013, 07:57:10 PM

Except that if he was defending himself adequately it would prove that he's decided to stop being a draw on whatever team he's on and I would drop the issue. Similar to how I've dropped the issues I had with Cue and Flightly's interactions, similar to how I no longer rag on Nicho etc, etc.

And how we no longer day 1 lynch Dark Flare.

QuackBot
May 30 2013, 08:00:13 PM

If not more.

Quarantine
May 30 2013, 08:08:51 PM
But he's not so that's Kk :)

Kk :)

:)

Are you high? Is it even legal to vote to lynch someone when you're high?

Flightly
May 30 2013, 08:26:56 PM

I mean, it is DarkFlare.

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 08:34:09 PM

As balls

spasm
May 30 2013, 11:00:27 PM
Night 2

Cheese Nippels was lynched and found to be the lunatic. One of his accusers will die at the end of tomorrow.

Nicho Void
May 30 2013, 11:05:48 PM
Good work village. Good work.

Varcaus
May 30 2013, 11:08:15 PM
I missed it? Fuck sorry I'll see if I can find time to vote earlier tomorrow.

spasm
May 30 2013, 11:11:41 PM
Day 3

Cue*1 was murdered and found to be the Consigliere.
FMAR was murdered and found to be the Rival.

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 11:21:42 PM
pretty good

also I still think $EntroX is maf for acting too nice

EntroX
May 30 2013, 11:25:39 PM
pretty good

yes because i acted just as nice last time and what was i?

just got home sadly (traffic from the datacenter) and couldn't give a last word. i had a feeling that cheese was the loon because it was a carbon copy of FMAR in the last game, sadly his death doesn't tell us much since the only other bandwagon was going for FMAR and he got killed by the mafia (unless a lucky cab driver got cue murdered?, i think the witch can do this too?)

in any case, i'd imagine a few or most of what remains from the mafia is amongst those who voted for cheese, if we look at the time cue posted his vote maybe we can spot people who voted just before or just after. i think it'd be worth taking a look at those.

EntroX
May 30 2013, 11:37:43 PM
right, caught up with the early stuff, sadly no-one really posted within the time he posted his call so i guess that kills that theory.

now to look at those who voted for cheese on day1: Bentguru, Cullnean, Dpidcoe, inora aknaria, LarkinAlpha, Nobody_Holme, Quarantine, Qwert

during day2 only these people (from day1) voted for cheese: Bentguru, Cullnean, inora aknaria, LarkinAlpha, Nobody_Holme and Qwert. the only people who "changed their minds" regarding their day1 choices were dpidcoe who voted for FMAR and Quarantine who didn't vote at all.

everyone else were mostly abstains, the only other "change" was Navigator Six voting for FMAR instead of Varcaus compared to his choice yesterday, i'll keep looking at things to see if i can spot a trend between posts...

Dark Flare
May 30 2013, 11:39:07 PM
pretty good

dunno didn't read it

EntroX
May 30 2013, 11:41:04 PM
pretty good

dunno didn't read it

tl;dr i posted like a mother-fucker (and i was mafia), who knows - maybe i am on a roll

Qwert
May 31 2013, 12:00:44 AM
actually, I am fairly sure some of the power roles hit a kill immune target. Only 2 deaths, and one guaranteed for voting for the loon.

Unless of course some of them got killed multiple times, though we were informed of that last game.

Dr.Boomtown
May 31 2013, 12:00:47 AM
wait, since we lynched cheese doesn't that mean he wins and the game ends?

Qwert
May 31 2013, 12:02:23 AM
wait, since we lynched cheese doesn't that mean he wins and the game ends?

Cheese wins independently of the rest of the game iirc. Same as FMAR if we got his target.