Vigilante
Paranoid
Bodyguard
Villager x10
Arsonist
Lunatic
Serial Killer
Survivalist

And a full description of stuff here (http://pastebin.com/2E2vQQHD)

The SetupRoles ARE revealed on death (unless Janitor)
Cause of death is NOT revealed
OOG communication IS permitted
Majority Abstain = no lynch, except on moderator-designated Must Lynch days

Doctors CANNOT self-protect
Vigilante has THREE shots and cannot shoot on day 1
Paranoid has THREE alerts
Survivalist has FOUR vests
Janitor has THREE cleanings

And hopefully nothing I'm forgetting

The Players
(EDIT: Hello visitors from the future! After this round ended I edited the player list to remove the day phase in which they died, so as to maintain the suspense for those of you who like that sort of thing. Since this list does reveal roles, those who want to keep that a surprise too should skip this section entirely and refer to Qwert's post below for a list of players)
In alphabetical order you metagaming whores

Bentguru - Villager
Boomdowns - Villager
Cheese nipples - Consigliere
Cool09 - Doctor
Cue - Villager
Darkflare - Bodyguard
dpidcoe - Vigilante
Entrox - Mafioso
Flightly - Courtesan
FMAR - Lunatic
I Legionnaire - Doctor
inora aknaria - Villager
Kilabi - Villager
Lana - Serial Killer
Larkin - Villager
Navi6 - Villager
Nicho - Villager
Nobody_Holme - Godfather
Quarantine - Villager
Qwert - Paranoid
Spasm - Framer
Thorjak - Sheriff
Toxic - Arsonist
VarcausVillager
Xan - Survivalist
Zeekar - Janitor

As always, if you have questions feel free to fire away. Aside from that...

Steph
May 19 2013, 06:53:04 AM
Day 1

something something narration
something something organized crime

Have fun accusing people.

Day 1 is extra long because :tides: or something, and will end 48 hours after the timestamp of this post.

Qwert
May 19 2013, 07:00:19 AM
:tables:

Total posts

0 Bentguru
0 Boomdowns
0 Cheese nipples
0 Cool09
0 Cue
0 Darkflare
0 dpidcoe
0 Entrox
0 Flightly
0 FMAR
0 I Legionnaire
0 inora aknaria
0 Kilabi
0 Lana
0 Larkin
0 Navi6
0 Nicho
0 Nobody_Holme
0 Quarantine
1 Qwert
0 Spasm
0 Thorjak
0 Toxic
0 Varcaus
0 Xan
0 Zeekar

Totally suspicious that this Qwert guy is the only one posting. Must be mafia!

Quarantine
May 19 2013, 08:35:29 AM
Any penalties for not posting in this thread regularly?

Toxic
May 19 2013, 08:53:39 AM
Yes, I will try and get you lynched if you never post / only vote.

inora aknaria
May 19 2013, 09:03:02 AM
$abstain I can't believe there are a bunch of new roles, but only 1 detector still. If village loses the sheriff it is gg. The village just got a bunch of new kill roles.

Steph
May 19 2013, 09:13:30 AM
$abstain I can't believe there are a bunch of new roles, but only 1 detector still. If village loses the sheriff it is gg. The village just got a bunch of new kill roles.

The Courtesan is also a detection role, in a sense.

Quarantine
May 19 2013, 09:18:09 AM
Yes, I will try and get you lynched if you never post / only vote.

Yeah, that worked terribly well in Round 8. Those pushing for killing the non-vocal players get killed early because they are, duh, vocal players and those die first. But I suppose with at least 3 deaths per night this will all be over in a week or so anyway.

$abstain

inora aknaria
May 19 2013, 09:23:00 AM

Hardly. You can possibly get a detect on whomever is the mafia killing members, but if you try to block SK you die.

I have a question about the SK. It says he is kill immune. Does that mean he doesn't die to things like the bodyguard or the vigilante?

Kilabi
May 19 2013, 09:34:52 AM
If Skeleton King has enough mana he just comes back up again like he has aegis. As long it is not on CD of course.

$$abstain

Steph
May 19 2013, 10:07:42 AM

Hardly. You can possibly get a detect on whomever is the mafia killing members, but if you try to block SK you die.

I have a question about the SK. It says he is kill immune. Does that mean he doesn't die to things like the bodyguard or the vigilante?

Vigilante yes, Bodyguard no. Bodyguard is supposed to bypass the SK's immunity, guess I forgot to save that change on the pastebin.

QuackBot
May 19 2013, 12:00:14 PM

Total posts

0 Bentguru
0 Boomdowns
0 Cheese nipples
0 Cool09
0 Cue
0 Darkflare
0 dpidcoe
0 Entrox
0 Flightly
0 FMAR
0 I Legionnaire
0 inora aknaria
0 Kilabi
0 Lana
0 Larkin
0 Navi6
0 Nicho
0 Nobody_Holme
0 Quarantine
1 Qwert
0 Spasm
0 Thorjak
0 Toxic
0 Varcaus
0 Xan
0 Zeekar

Dpidcoe is a nice guy.

Cue1*
May 19 2013, 03:10:19 PM
$Qwert because why the fuck not?

:Tabletz:

Navigator Six
May 19 2013, 03:14:47 PM

Total posts

0 Bentguru
0 Boomdowns
0 Cheese nipples
0 Cool09
0 Cue
0 Darkflare
0 dpidcoe
0 Entrox
0 Flightly
0 FMAR
0 I Legionnaire
0 inora aknaria
0 Kilabi
0 Lana
0 Larkin
0 Navi6
0 Nicho
0 Nobody_Holme
1 QuackBot
0 Quarantine
1 Qwert
0 Spasm
0 Thorjak
0 Toxic
0 Varcaus
0 Xan
0 Zeekar

Dpidcoe is a nice guy.

$dpidcoe, because QuackBot said so. Are we playing with only five mafia then?

EntroX
May 19 2013, 03:32:34 PM

Total posts

0 Bentguru
0 Boomdowns
0 Cheese nipples
0 Cool09
0 Cue
0 Darkflare
0 dpidcoe
0 Entrox
0 Flightly
0 FMAR
0 I Legionnaire
0 inora aknaria
0 Kilabi
0 Lana
0 Larkin
0 Navi6
0 Nicho
0 Nobody_Holme
1 QuackBot
0 Quarantine
1 Qwert
0 Spasm
0 Thorjak
0 Toxic
0 Varcaus
0 Xan
0 Zeekar

Dpidcoe is a nice guy.

$dpidcoe, because QuackBot said so. Are we playing with only five mafia then?

i see what you did there, +rep

edit: will hold out my vote for later, i'm intrigued to see what people come up with.

Nobody_Holme
May 19 2013, 04:17:31 PM
I maintain that a day one abstain is a dumb idea. Therefore, my random vote goes to $Nicho because I can.

inora aknaria
May 19 2013, 04:37:13 PM
Can doctors protect each other? Also did you do something stupid like let the don pick mafia or is everything totally random?

Varcaus
May 19 2013, 04:58:46 PM
$Darkflare

Zeekar
May 19 2013, 05:28:36 PM
Yeah im voting $abstain

Thorjak
May 19 2013, 05:36:12 PM
I'm going with $abstain, I doubt we'll gain anything from a random lynch.

Nicho Void
May 19 2013, 05:36:47 PM
$abstain because it's the best play for a village.

Toxic
May 19 2013, 05:53:34 PM
You guys are obviously doing it wrong.

$Entrox

He is the new DorkFlare :razor:

Xan
May 19 2013, 05:56:00 PM
Nothing to go on means $abstain, but also that there is a decent chance we'll have nothing to go on tomorrow too.

Qwert
May 19 2013, 06:09:31 PM
Going to $abstain for the time being too. Remember we have a full two days before the first lynch. I'm sure SOMEONE will spurge enough to warrant a day one lynch by then.

Cool09
May 19 2013, 06:19:30 PM
$abstain

I predict a short game... there are 3 kill roles + mafia + lynching. Add in the possible multi-kills arsonist and serial killer, and we could see 5+ people die in one night...

:welp:

EntroX
May 19 2013, 06:48:30 PM
You guys are obviously doing it wrong.

$Entrox

He is the new DorkFlare :razor:

saw this coming miles ahead, i figured i wouldn't last long :shitshit:

considering this is the first time i play something like this i guess i'll go with the flow and $abstain

Dr.Boomtown
May 19 2013, 09:05:03 PM
check check, this is a post.

$abstain

spasm
May 19 2013, 09:05:45 PM
Going with the cool kids and voting $abstain.

Cheese nippels
May 19 2013, 09:53:32 PM
$Abstain, because i'm not a gankin' hipster.

Nobody_Holme
May 19 2013, 10:43:59 PM
You fools shall regret this!

Or alternatively, i'll be slightly less convinced that i'm right about day one abstains being a bad call. We shall see.

Dr.Boomtown
May 19 2013, 11:17:58 PM
as much as i hate to agree with nobody, abstaining on day one really tells us nothing, there isn't much discussion so we cant get a traces on people untill votes start to fly in full swing. and even a random lynch has a 25% chance of hitting a mafia at this point.

we have(had) 48 hours for our first day so lets take full advantage of that and let some votes loose and see who squirms

spasm
May 19 2013, 11:20:38 PM
Yes, lets throw random accusations. Once someone defends themselves we have undeniable proof they're mafia.

Varcaus
May 19 2013, 11:21:57 PM
Yes, lets throw random accusations. Once someone defends themselves we have undeniable proof they're mafia.

Well most likely 1/4 of us wil die tonight so yeah

Dr.Boomtown
May 19 2013, 11:34:54 PM

exactly

$abstain $Spasm

Nobody_Holme
May 19 2013, 11:46:55 PM
Thats exactly what you'd do if you were trying to out someone as mafia incorrectly due to being a mafia. Nicho $Booms

Nicho Void
May 19 2013, 11:47:31 PM
Worst strats in the history of mafia.

Dr.Boomtown
May 19 2013, 11:47:37 PM
now we are getting somewhere

Lana Torrin
May 19 2013, 11:56:40 PM
Oh god when did this start? Do we have a bandwagon yet? I have no idea who to vote for.

Tapaderpin

EntroX
May 20 2013, 12:03:45 AM
Thats exactly what you'd do if you were trying to out someone as mafia incorrectly due to being a mafia. Nicho $Booms

so by him blaming Spasm as mafia you blame him as mafia, wouldn't that make you mafia as well?

since this makes so much sense i am going with $abstain $Varcaus

(am i doing this right?)

edited cos my first line made fuck all sense

Dr.Boomtown
May 20 2013, 12:06:29 AM

so by him blaming him as mafia you blame him as mafia, wouldn't that make you mafia as well?

(am i doing this right?)

personally insult him and say this is the worst village ever, and then you are doing it right

EntroX
May 20 2013, 12:07:16 AM

so by him blaming him as mafia you blame him as mafia, wouldn't that make you mafia as well?

(am i doing this right?)

personally insult him and say this is the worst village ever, and then you are doing it right

are we talking about Spasm?, cos he's the worst at everything.

particularly Monaco.

Qwert
May 20 2013, 12:48:17 AM

so by him blaming Spasm as mafia you blame him as mafia, wouldn't that make you mafia as well?

(am i doing this right?)

No edits bro.

Qwert
May 20 2013, 12:49:10 AM
$Entrox is obviously mafia. Only they could stand editing instead of free double poast plus wans.

EntroX
May 20 2013, 12:49:11 AM

(am i doing this right?)

No edits bro.

well, boomdowns quoted my post and as you can see yourself it made sweet fuck all sense as it was :-P

Qwert
May 20 2013, 12:49:33 AM

(am i doing this right?)

No edits bro.

well, boomdowns quoted my post and as you can see yourself it made sweet fuck all sense as it was :-P

Half the fun though

EntroX
May 20 2013, 12:50:19 AM
also i didn't know about the no-edit thing, my bad i guess

EntroX
May 20 2013, 12:51:21 AM
tho i guess it makes sense.

but then couldn't i edit things in a way not known to the rest :obama:

EntroX
May 20 2013, 12:51:31 AM
nah, that'd be boring.

EntroX
May 20 2013, 12:51:39 AM
also +1

(am i doing it right this time?)

Varcaus
May 20 2013, 12:53:04 AM
$EnxtroX Mafia trying to save themself and accusing me :(.

Xan
May 20 2013, 12:54:44 AM
You could also just look at the PMs that got sent out, but we're trusting your e-honor.

Bentguru
May 20 2013, 12:55:05 AM
$Quackbot

He needs to die before he gains sentience and KILLS US ALL

Lana Torrin
May 20 2013, 01:13:14 AM
$EnxtroX because hes posting too frequently to be innocent.

inora aknaria
May 20 2013, 01:19:33 AM
In reality I've discovered that abstain votes do in fact get information, because inevitably not everyone abstains. And people who don't abstain mean they want to see people dead. Who generally wants to see people dead? Mafia, SK, and Arson. Therefore anyone who doesn't abstain must be either a crazy villager or Mafia/SK/Arson.

Boom. Kill all people who don't abstain d1.

Varcaus
May 20 2013, 01:23:52 AM
In reality I've discovered that abstain votes do in fact get information, because inevitably not everyone abstains. And people who don't abstain mean they want to see people dead. Who generally wants to see people dead? Mafia, SK, and Arson. Therefore anyone who doesn't abstain must be either a crazy villager or Mafia/SK/Arson.

Boom. Kill all people who don't abstain d1.

Or thinks abstaining is retarded and wants to point fingers at someone who doesn't etc

EntroX
May 20 2013, 03:34:05 AM
You could also just look at the PMs that got sent out, but we're trusting your e-honor.

now that's an amazing idea

on an unrelated note, how does abstaining work?, if the majority abstains then i guess no-one gets blapped or am i going to die now that a few have voted on me?

(yes, this is my first time, treat me gently please)

inora aknaria
May 20 2013, 03:46:55 AM
If abstain vote is the highest vote we don't kill anyone during the day

EntroX
May 20 2013, 04:30:29 AM
i see, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

LarkinAlpha
May 20 2013, 04:43:01 AM
$dpidcoe because he's always suspicious in my book.

dpidcoe
May 20 2013, 05:21:52 AM
$Darkflare

darkflare, because why not.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 20 2013, 05:47:27 AM
$FMAR$

Cause fuck all of you.

Thorjak
May 20 2013, 05:58:26 AM
$FMAR$

Cause fuck all of you.

Not again.

Lana Torrin
May 20 2013, 06:07:41 AM
$FMAR$

Cause fuck all of you.

Ooo I didnt even know you wer playing.

$EntroX $FMAR for voting for himself because he got away with it last time (last 2 times?)

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 20 2013, 06:43:32 AM
Not again.

Oh shut the fuck up. You're the little bitch who's abstaining along with everyone else. Are you able to match Lana's temerity or are the cunt rag I know you to be?

inora aknaria
May 20 2013, 07:41:07 AM
Not again.

Oh shut the fuck up. You're the little bitch who's abstaining along with everyone else. Are you able to match Lana's temerity or are the cunt rag I know you to be?

Since voting for yourself is so much different from abstaining, amirite

Quarantine
May 20 2013, 08:13:13 AM
Not again.

Lunatic spotted, don't kill him. Also, thread's been up for a day and Darkflare hasn't posted a single word yet, but has been accused twice. Set Varcaus and dpidcoe on the mafia shortlist for trying to start the bandwagon on day 1, Darkflare for abnormal behavior, and Entrox for nervous blabbering, which I hadn't even though to be possible to happen in forum mafia.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 20 2013, 08:29:54 AM
Lunatic spotted, don't kill him. Also, thread's been up for a day and Darkflare hasn't posted a single word yet, but has been accused twice. Set Varcaus and dpidcoe on the mafia shortlist for trying to start the bandwagon on day 1, Darkflare for abnormal behavior, and Entrox for nervous blabbering, which I hadn't even though to be possible to happen in forum mafia.

wowo there sunshine, abstaining first day is bullshit and anyone who does it first page has always been suspect. Since you're here immediately pointing fingers, what's your story? With this many roles I can't say what you are but immediately assigning meaning to a bunch of abstentions and entrox playing his first game is abnormal behavior. Thanks for putting the spotlight on yourself. I hope the coroner finds your skull with a horsecock lodged in your foramen magnum.

http://i.imgur.com/Y9NELQU.jpg

Here, have some dick trees. Sight more useful then the shit this dude is selling.

Lana Torrin
May 20 2013, 08:56:09 AM
Here, have some dick trees. Sight more useful then the shit this dude is selling.

I am interested to know where such a tree may be purchased.

Dark Flare
May 20 2013, 09:03:16 AM
Not again.

:boggle:
what abnormal behaviour, exactly? This is my first post in the thread.

$Abstain

Zeekar
May 20 2013, 09:11:33 AM
Well TBH thats abnormal behaviour for you. Just the 1 post I mean.

inora aknaria
May 20 2013, 09:12:23 AM
2nding FMAR looking like a lunatic. Posting super aggressively and trying to get people to vote for him. N2 the vigilante should knock him off possibly?

Also I think that as the amount of power roles increase it makes more sense not to lynch people without info. (perhaps this logic is flawed as we have only 1 sheriff) But the mafia need the help of the village to kill the neutral killing roles as they are night immune so the village might get some info from them as to who the nuets are.

Dark Flare
May 20 2013, 09:37:34 AM
Well TBH thats abnormal behaviour for you. Just the 1 post I mean.

I got up early and had a doctors appointment :shitshit:

Steph
May 20 2013, 10:35:23 AM
Just a reminder that the first day is a double-length day.

Navigator Six
May 20 2013, 10:43:45 AM
In the spirit of correcting strategic flaws from previous games, I'd be down with changing my vote to someone who hasn't said anything yet, and generally declaring jihad on non-posters. Might try and put together another :tables: over lunch to help.

Quarantine
May 20 2013, 10:51:37 AM
In the spirit of correcting strategic flaws from previous games, I'd be down with changing my vote to someone who hasn't said anything yet, and generally declaring jihad on non-posters. Might try and put together another :tables: over lunch to help.

Posting table at the end of each day and lynch one random out of whoever posted the least? Guaranteed hilarity, I'd be up for that. Also FMAR is so obviously the lunatic that I say we should keep him alive for as long as possible to enjoy his depraved ravings.

Cheese nippels
May 20 2013, 10:54:50 AM
With regards to fmar: maybe that's just what he wants us to think?

Quarantine
May 20 2013, 11:23:32 AM
With regards to fmar: maybe that's just what he wants us to think?

Yeah, maybe. Who knows really at this point, other than the real lunatic? I do know it's bad village play to lynch people over grudges you carry from previous games, but killing cheese "magikarp" nippels before he messes up the village endgame again would strike me as a clever move. If he's actually mafia or one of the loner roles that would just be a bonus.

Nobody_Holme
May 20 2013, 01:00:59 PM
Killing cheese would be acceptable. I'm still slightly bitter.

Also, dont we have roles that kill people who come at them? FMAR likely to be one of those baiting mafia/SK roles into a night-two paranoid stay-up or something *shrug*

EntroX
May 20 2013, 03:02:09 PM
Not again.

hook, line & sinker.

my job here is done.

Nicho Void
May 20 2013, 03:20:28 PM
Hey FMAR, let's form an elite voting block.

QuackBot
May 20 2013, 04:00:09 PM
Since voting for yourself is so much different from abstaining, amirite
So it looks like with lots of people voting.

Cool09
May 20 2013, 04:02:09 PM

As opposed to an amateur voting block?

Nicho Void
May 20 2013, 04:08:09 PM

As opposed to an amateur voting block?
You're not invited. It's super exclusive.

Nobody_Holme
May 20 2013, 08:45:17 PM
Cool m8, I suggest we start up an amateur voting block. Nicho is banned, but erryone else is welcome.

Dark Flare
May 20 2013, 10:26:14 PM
im starting a shit voting block

you can only vote whilst doing a shit

Flightly
May 21 2013, 12:22:14 AM
$entrox because how many times does one person need to post in a row...

Qwert
May 21 2013, 01:24:52 AM

Four. Exactly four times.

Lana Torrin
May 21 2013, 01:57:08 AM

Four. Exactly four times.

I feel this is too many, but lynching Entrox will have to wait, we have FMAR to burn (or more than likely not)

Cue1*
May 21 2013, 02:26:30 AM
Lana, this is totally unrelated, but there's an OOG discussion going on about your gender. Male or female?

spasm
May 21 2013, 02:42:05 AM
Lana, this is totally unrelated, but there's an OOG discussion going on about your gender. Male or female?

http://onebit.us/x/u/spasm/qG4Gf8zXEc.jpg

Nobody_Holme
May 21 2013, 02:43:39 AM
urge to switch to Cuestarone for not knowing that one already. hummm...

Varcaus
May 21 2013, 03:13:24 AM
Christ this is a long day

Bentguru
May 21 2013, 03:29:17 AM
Yeah idk why it was so long, we always abstain anyway.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 21 2013, 04:20:18 AM
FMAR for trying reverse psychology

You know that phrase actually isn't a thing but mostly a TV/Movie trope? Perhaps you should stick to something more your speed and depth.

http://onebit.us/x/u/AuntRita/qBmgpTTnfo.jpg

Dr.Boomtown
May 21 2013, 05:39:24 AM
Christ this is a long day

its almost has been as long as.... two days

Steph
May 21 2013, 05:57:58 AM
Day will terminate in two hours.

There will be a brief intermission while I resolve everything, and then I'll announce the shitstorm start of Day 2.

Yeah idk why it was so long, we always abstain anyway.

Mainly to give extra time to people who needed it to get started. Larkin, for example, said he was going to be out of the house until today.

Steph
May 21 2013, 08:05:53 AM
11 Abstains
Entrox with 4 votes
dpidcoe and FMAR tied with 2 votes
Spasm, Qwert, Darkflare, Nicho, Booms and Varcaus tied with 1 vote

Did not voteI Legionnaire

Majority abstains. No one is lynched.

Stand by for nighttime resolution.

Steph
May 21 2013, 08:13:33 AM
Day 2

Dark Flare was found dead. Investigation revealed him to be The Bodyguard.

Quarantine
May 21 2013, 08:47:39 AM

So the Godfather is apparently among the select crowd that finds it funny to kill Darkflare on Day 1. That narrows it down considerably.

Zeekar
May 21 2013, 08:48:21 AM

So the Godfather is apparently among the select crowd that finds it funny to kill Darkflare on Day 1. That narrows it down considerably.

Yes. Down to any body on FHC who plays mafia...

Lana Torrin
May 21 2013, 08:55:33 AM
I must say I expected more of a bloodbath on day 1. People have been very reserved.

Cheese nippels
May 21 2013, 09:09:18 AM
I must say I expected more of a bloodbath on day 1. People have been very reserved.

Yeah, me too, how many kill roles are there?

Zeekar
May 21 2013, 09:18:15 AM
kill roles:
- Village
- Mafia
- Vigilante
- Serial killer
- Arsonist

Vigilante and I THINK arsonist can not kill on day 1. Also does the arsonist have only 1 ignite or can he do it several times?

Kilabi
May 21 2013, 10:08:00 AM
Everybody still arguing abstain on the first day does not make sense did apparently not see my amazing datasheet.

Toxic
May 21 2013, 10:09:47 AM

I was going to post you are wrong, but realised I simply assumed darkflare was protecting someone, which he clearly wasnt, otherwhise his attacker would be dead as well.

Navigator Six
May 21 2013, 10:31:09 AM
Poor DF; can't seem to catch a break. :( I also think I Legio did in fact attempt to vote (http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?12459-Mafia-heap-Challenge-Game-Thread-Round-9&p=801906&viewfull=1#post801906), and just managed to fail at typing. 8-)

Cue1*
May 21 2013, 11:40:47 AM
$dpidcoe. Two games ago(the one I ran), he had a real thing for trying to ruin DF's day. He continues to find killing DF day one a must happen thing, so my gut says this is him once again working hard to ruin DF's fun.

Lana Torrin
May 21 2013, 12:37:20 PM
$dpidcoe. Two games ago(the one I ran), he had a real thing for trying to ruin DF's day. He continues to find killing DF day one a must happen thing, so my gut says this is him once again working hard to ruin DF's fun.

Would he hold a grudge this long though?

inora aknaria
May 21 2013, 01:03:55 PM
A couple rule clarifications need to be made IMHO. First: If someone almost died, but was saved who is given information about it (everyone, the person who was saved and the doctor, or no one) and what information are they given (an attempt was made on their life?). Second: If the mafia happen to target the SK what happens (do they die, do they just get informed SK is night immune). Third: Is probably the same as before, but mafia targeting arson, what happens.

EntroX
May 21 2013, 03:48:50 PM
welp, i guess i owe some isk to a couple people, i was sure i was going to get blapped on the first night.

dpidcoe
May 21 2013, 03:50:40 PM
Making a single vote from my hacked nook while on vacation from a sketchy internet connection in which I couldn't read the thread counts as working hard?

Also, killing DF on day1 has been funny since the first FHC mafia.

Thorjak
May 21 2013, 04:28:49 PM
I wouldn't lynch FMAR, there's too much risk of him being the village idiot irl.

It might be worth the vig putting a bullet in him, but it's not urgent. If he's the paranoid I'd have thought he'd play in a more pro village way.

Anyway $Entrox for lots of deadposts and he doesn't seem sure whether to defend himself.

EntroX
May 21 2013, 04:35:36 PM
I wouldn't lynch FMAR, there's too much risk of him being the village idiot irl.

It might be worth the vig putting a bullet in him, but it's not urgent. If he's the paranoid I'd have thought he'd play in a more pro village way.

Anyway $Entrox for lots of deadposts and he doesn't seem sure whether to defend himself.

why would i. you are entitled to your opinion in the same way i am entitled to ignoring it. no matter what i did i am going to be an early casualty so i figured i'd go full retard while at it, there are a few others who are simply trying to avoid exposure maybe you should look into those instead~

Nobody_Holme
May 21 2013, 04:43:08 PM
This could be Dpid playing WIFOM with the kill, but I doubt it, more likely he'd kill DF night 2 than night 1. We'll see as things progress.

For now, i'm not very sure who to aim at, the abstains screw with my day 2 planning. Whelp.

The only leads we really have at the moment are 'trox being wierd in his first game (MY GOD) which might be a sign of mafia, might be a sign of power role, or might be a sign of general comedy (and those suggested side bets about dying night one make it more believeable hes a basic villager, to be honest), and FMAR softclaiming village idiot again, which he's done to hide being mafia before. Might be mafia, might be trying to play the same as always to avoid looking dodgy. Still, its the strongest lead we have at the moment.

$FMAR and if we provide a free victory to someone, we dont lose ourselves, so wheres the harm?

Cool09
May 21 2013, 05:35:05 PM
If we don't get any solid leads on a maf, I don't see the harm in lynching the lunatic (FMAR). Alive, he isn't any use as he will probably vote randomly or against the village. Dead, we will have one less confusing and abrasive voice, and the knowledge that we didn't lynch a real villager (or worse, a village power role). Of course finding an actual maf to lynch would be far better... but it's better than lynching someone useful.

Quarantine
May 21 2013, 05:43:18 PM
This could be Dpid playing WIFOM with the kill, but I doubt it, more likely he'd kill DF night 2 than night 1. We'll see as things progress.

For now, i'm not very sure who to aim at, the abstains screw with my day 2 planning. Whelp.

The only leads we really have at the moment are 'trox being wierd in his first game (MY GOD) which might be a sign of mafia, might be a sign of power role, or might be a sign of general comedy (and those suggested side bets about dying night one make it more believeable hes a basic villager, to be honest), and FMAR softclaiming village idiot again, which he's done to hide being mafia before. Might be mafia, might be trying to play the same as always to avoid looking dodgy. Still, its the strongest lead we have at the moment.

$FMAR and if we provide a free victory to someone, we dont lose ourselves, so wheres the harm?

We don't have a village idiot, we have a lunatic. Lynching the lunatic randomly kills one of the people who voted for him. You and cool09 not paying too much attention to what roles we have and how they work makes you almost seem innocent. I suppose.

Nobody_Holme
May 21 2013, 06:01:17 PM
I actually knew, that, but the mafia are likely to follow along with us and thus have a higher chance of death than a random lynch provides.

Now i've said that, it turns into a bit of circular logic thing involving wine about which way they vote, but there you go.

Cool09
May 21 2013, 06:21:36 PM

We don't have a village idiot, we have a lunatic. Lynching the lunatic randomly kills one of the people who voted for him. You and cool09 not paying too much attention to what roles we have and how they work makes you almost seem innocent. I suppose.

I didn't catch that part... in that case, lynching is probably not worth it. Maybe it's worth a vigilante bullet though.

Nobody_Holme
May 21 2013, 09:13:45 PM
We cant control the vigilante, though.

And its only 50/50 that hes actually the loon, he might be mafia trying to hide behind the fear of lynching that this brings out.

Xan
May 21 2013, 09:27:07 PM
$Lana because he couldn't be asked to read a page of posts to find out who the bandwagon was, then voted for Entrox anyway, when the bandwagon was abstain.

Steph
May 21 2013, 09:31:27 PM
kill roles:
- Village
- Mafia
- Vigilante
- Serial killer
- Arsonist

Vigilante and I THINK arsonist can not kill on day 1. Also does the arsonist have only 1 ignite or can he do it several times?

Arsonist can ignite as many times as he likes.

A couple rule clarifications need to be made IMHO. First: If someone almost died, but was saved who is given information about it (everyone, the person who was saved and the doctor, or no one) and what information are they given (an attempt was made on their life?). Second: If the mafia happen to target the SK what happens (do they die, do they just get informed SK is night immune). Third: Is probably the same as before, but mafia targeting arson, what happens.

1 - The attacker is informed that their target survived. The target is informed that someone saved them (or, if they are kill immune, that their immunity protected them). The Doctor (if there was one) is informed that their target was attacked. None of the involved parties are given any other information.
2 - The Godfather is informed that their target survived, and the SK is informed that they were attacked.
3 - Same as the SK.

Nicho Void
May 21 2013, 09:42:03 PM
I'm $abstaining because FMAR is likely the lunatic, but that's the only vote that will pass.

Varcaus
May 21 2013, 09:43:27 PM
$Nicho void.

Varcaus
May 21 2013, 09:44:33 PM
Didn't include reason. abstaining on day two is bad mmk?

Cheese nippels
May 21 2013, 09:55:39 PM
This is a complete debacle, better vote for someone before i forget, so $Entrox
Sorry dude, nothing against you, if there's a good enough bandwagon i'll hop on it.

Quarantine
May 21 2013, 10:10:32 PM
Entrox is probably going to die and it's not a bad call, but I seriously doubt he has any role of importance in either the mafia or the village. I still think the best policy would be to lynch people who haven't said much so far. Tonight is probably going to be mayhem with 4 or 5 people dying, and that leaves with us some information to go on based on their postings and their roles. People not posting don't give us any clues with their death. Since that's bad for the village and good for the mafia, it should be discouraged to stay silent.

I'm voting $flightly for that reason.

Nicho Void
May 21 2013, 10:24:43 PM
Didn't include reason. abstaining on day two is bad mmk?
If you say so.

Cool09
May 21 2013, 10:25:09 PM
Someone post that table again :P

Qwert
May 21 2013, 10:25:42 PM
Entrox is probably going to die and it's not a bad call, but I seriously doubt he has any role of importance in either the mafia or the village. I still think the best policy would be to lynch people who haven't said much so far. Tonight is probably going to be mayhem with 4 or 5 people dying, and that leaves with us some information to go on based on their postings and their roles. People not posting don't give us any clues with their death. Since that's bad for the village and good for the mafia, it should be discouraged to stay silent.

Seems reasonable. Her play last game as mafia was to afk so bad she almost got kicked, and has been a chatterbug normally. $flightly

LarkinAlpha
May 21 2013, 10:26:30 PM

Seems reasonable. Her play last game as mafia was to afk so bad she almost got kicked, and has been a chatterbug normally. $flightly

I think I can agree with all this without seeming vindictive now. $flightly

spasm
May 21 2013, 10:34:03 PM
Someone needs to die so we can get somewhere, and quarantine is the only one to bring a little logic. $flightly

Flightly
May 21 2013, 10:37:06 PM
I only check mafia after I get home from school. Working from 7am-6pm every day and the fact that the school firewall is now blocking it = I don't check it until the evening. Honestly, I feel like the votes against me are total BS simply because I'm a little quieter than usual, especially since I just don't think about a silly game while I'm working. The vote against Lana is kind of shit too. Aside from the fact that I'm quiet, there's absolutely no evidence to off me tonight. When was the last time Booms or Bent or Cheese posted??? Yesterday? Same time as me? And I don't see anyone jumping on that bandwagon. Spasm, it's shit logic. "He/She doesn't post. Must be mafia." Fuck that idea. It seems to be wrong more often than not. $Quarantine because.

EntroX
May 21 2013, 10:37:17 PM
seems legit, not to mention i love FMAR so i'll hop on the train and go for $flightly

Varcaus
May 21 2013, 10:37:54 PM
Seems solid Nicho probably just being retarded. $Flightly

Zeekar
May 21 2013, 10:40:10 PM
Well looks like the bandwagon started early this game.

$flightly

Flightly
May 21 2013, 10:48:50 PM
What's funny is it's completely random. I'm not the only one who doesn't post for a day. I don't live in my mother's basement and spend my entire day on the computer. I have a job that does take up about 11 hours of my day. I could be a chatterbox now and shit post like Entrox but I find that to be annoying as fuck. You'll only lose a villager by killing me so I suppose that's an added help to the mafia so have at it. Other than my lack of posts (and if you don't believe me, you could easily as Cue about it), find a compelling piece of evidence to actually vote for me. If not, I suggest you shift your votes towards someone else. Maybe someone who is a little more talkative than normal? It seems that mafia never post so everyone begins to vote for the quiet ones. However, since we've all realized that, I think we should vote for those who have been continuously vocal from the start.

Steph
May 21 2013, 10:50:25 PM
Apparently when I sent Dark Flare his role I accidentally sent to "Darkflare", his similarly-named alt.

So if you never got a PM with your role, let me know. And check the inbox of your similarly-named alts. :D

Bentguru
May 21 2013, 10:50:51 PM
Ok, now that the flightly bandwagon is going I feel we need a 2nd one in order to gather more information.

I vote $Zeekar because he's obviously mafia and needs to die imo

Lana Torrin
May 21 2013, 11:36:51 PM
Apparently when I sent Dark Flare his role I accidentally sent to "Darkflare", his similarly-named alt.

So if you never got a PM with your role, let me know. And check the inbox of your similarly-named alts. :D

Lol I almost voted for df because of this post.

I also agree that abstaining is dumb and hands the game to the Mafia so $nicho.

At the risk of being lynched because of it next round I'd also like to say I don't think flighty is Mafia. Not posting much is completely normal for her and being Mafia 2 games in a row is pretty low odds. I only checked her last game because of cue, not because she wasn't posting.

Tapaderpin

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 21 2013, 11:43:42 PM
I'm $abstaining because FMAR is likely the lunatic, but that's the only vote that will pass.

Make a QT for team abstain.

$abstain$

Nobody_Holme
May 21 2013, 11:44:46 PM
But if Cue dropped her in it again this game, I suspect he'd be in real trouble...

Nobody_Holme
May 21 2013, 11:47:20 PM
Free extrapoast:

FMAR playing the "i'm the loon" card really hard this game...

Bentguru
May 21 2013, 11:52:23 PM

At the risk of being lynched because of it next round I'd also like to say I don't think flighty is Mafia. Not posting much is completely normal for her and being Mafia 2 games in a row is pretty low odds. I only checked her last game because of cue, not because she wasn't posting.

Tapaderpin

wow, ok. Lana is definitely mafia if flightly is. Horrible reasoning

Nicho Void
May 21 2013, 11:59:30 PM
Abstaining is a fine play with so many power roles in the game...but hey, don't let me get in your way. Throw around some more baseless accusations, give the mafia cover, it'll be sure to work this time...right guys?

Varcaus
May 22 2013, 12:00:36 AM
Abstaining is a fine play with so many power roles in the game...but hey, don't let me get in your way. Throw around some more baseless accusations, give the mafia cover, it'll be sure to work this time...right guys?

Worked last time and the time before iirc.

Cheese nippels
May 22 2013, 12:06:28 AM
$Entrox $Flightly bandwagon, I'm not going to vote for someone who isn't going to die like last time, that went very poorly.
(You're in luck entrox, for now...) Still no hard feelings bro, nothin against you.

Varcaus
May 22 2013, 12:07:01 AM
Still no hard feelings bro, nothin against you.

irl

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 12:12:50 AM
$Cheese nippels - I feel like he is concerned with killing someone while not looking suspicious, while not really caring if they are the mafia or not. This makes him look guilty to me. In all the rationals he gives none of the them have anything to do with who is guilty or not.

EntroX
May 22 2013, 12:13:14 AM
$Entrox $Flightly bandwagon, I'm not going to vote for someone who isn't going to die like last time, that went very poorly.
(You're in luck entrox, for now...) Still no hard feelings bro, nothin against you.

its cool m8, i am still surprised i am still alive.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 22 2013, 12:18:29 AM
FMAR playing the "i'm the loon" card really hard this game...

lol whatever you say mate, I'm no longer the noob like I was a few games ago

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 12:19:02 AM
Was anyone saved by a doctor last night?

Qwert
May 22 2013, 12:26:22 AM
Was anyone saved by a doctor last night?

If they were then dorkflare was killed by the serial killer.

Qwert
May 22 2013, 12:27:45 AM
Actually, crap, its much more complicated than that

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 12:32:42 AM

Tapaderpin

Yes bent rather than keeping my mouth shut and letting her die I stuck my neck out for her. This is why the village always gets fucked over, because anyone who speaks their mind immediately gets lynched.

In fact, as this is a confirmed Mafia move from previous games, and you aren't smart enough to come up with your own ideas $nicho $bent

Tapaderpin

Flightly
May 22 2013, 12:38:12 AM

Tapaderpin

Yes bent rather than keeping my mouth shut and letting her die I stuck my neck out for her. This is why the village always gets fucked over, because anyone who speaks their mind immediately gets lynched.

In fact, as this is a confirmed Mafia move from previous games, and you aren't smart enough to come up with your own ideas $nicho $bent

Tapaderpin

Nice to know I have at least one person on my side. Thanks mate. $quarantine $bent

Nicho Void
May 22 2013, 12:38:31 AM
First smart move you've made Lana.

Nicho Void
May 22 2013, 12:39:11 AM
$abstain for $bent

Toxic
May 22 2013, 12:49:39 AM
Guess amnesia works out for me, for once, since I had forgotten to vote.

2 bandwagons going. Both are shit. One has Nicho Whacko and Derpa Torin as its main proponents tho, which firmly seals the deal for me.

$Flightly

Flightly
May 22 2013, 12:51:48 AM
Guess amnesia works out for me, for once, since I had forgotten to vote.

2 bandwagons going. Both are shit. One has Nicho Whacko and Derpa Torin as its main proponents tho, which firmly seals the deal for me.

$Flightly

So why me, then?

Varcaus
May 22 2013, 12:53:30 AM
Nicho and lana are voting for the other guy.

Toxic
May 22 2013, 12:59:54 AM
So why me, then?

Nicho and lana are voting for the other guy.

Yep.

Cue1*
May 22 2013, 01:00:53 AM
You guys are retarded. Flightly is village, i'm putting myself on the line for this, she's innocent.

the thing from the buzz buzz

Varcaus
May 22 2013, 01:03:31 AM
You guys are retarded. Flightly is village, i'm putting myself on the line for this, she's innocent.

So we can trust you or kinda trust you after we poke her corpse a bit?

Flightly
May 22 2013, 01:11:13 AM

If you go back, he has told you the truth about my role and his every single game that we've played. Lana also stuck his neck out there for me. Do you honestly think I'd screw them over??

Nicho Void
May 22 2013, 01:22:39 AM

If you go back, he has told you the truth about my role and his every single game that we've played. Lana also stuck his neck out there for me. Do you honestly think I'd screw them over??
Shhh, let's not let good play get in the way here. They have an ax to grind against the "bad players" let them keep fucking up game after game.

LarkinAlpha
May 22 2013, 01:28:10 AM
$Bent is a slightly better target than flightly

Cool09
May 22 2013, 01:30:02 AM
$Bent is a slightly better target than flightly

He has been rather quiet... which is out of character for him.

Flightly has been quiet, which is IN character for her.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 22 2013, 01:34:18 AM
$Flighty$

spasm
May 22 2013, 01:37:03 AM
Switching from Flighty to $bentguru. Her and her supporters have been reasonable where as several people have jumped on the flightly bandwagon with little reasoning, which leads me to suspect there's several mafia voting for her.

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 01:37:31 AM
$Flighty$

There are lots of things you could be.. I dont think the obvious is one of them as you arent stupid. What are you mr fmar.. what are you....

spasm
May 22 2013, 01:42:01 AM
Flightly 8 - Cheese nipples, Entrox, FMAR, Quarantine, Qwert, Toxic, Varcaus, Zeekar
Bentguru 6 - Flightly, Lana Torrin, LarkinAlpha, Nich Void, Spasm, Thorjak
Cheese Nippels 1 - inora aknaria
dpidcoe 1 - Cue
Lana Torrin 1 - Xan
Zeekar 1 - Bentguru
Has not voted 5 - Cool09, dpidcoe, Kilabi, Navi6, Nobody_Holme

Since no one seems to be keeping a tally, here is a tally.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 22 2013, 01:42:01 AM
$Flighty$

There are lots of things you could be.. I dont think the obvious is one of them as you arent stupid. What are you mr fmar.. what are you....

Pics of your sweet sweet brown sweater pups and I'll tell you.

Flightly
May 22 2013, 01:44:16 AM
$Flighty$

Reasoning??

Thorjak
May 22 2013, 01:48:16 AM
Flightly 8 - Cheese nipples, Entrox, FMAR, Quarantine, Qwert, Toxic, Varcaus, Zeekar
Bentguru 5 - Flightly, Lana Torrin, LarkinAlpha, Nich Void, Spasm
dpidcoe 1 - Cue
Lana Torrin 1 - Xan
Zeekar 1 - Bentguru
Has not voted 6 - Cool09, dpidcoe, Kilabi, Navi6, Nobody_Holme, Thorjak

I had already for $Entrox but I'm switching to $Bentguru because the flightly bandwagon is a bad idea.

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 01:49:53 AM
$Flighty$

Reasoning??

He's over playing nut (or whatever). I'm also sure he knows hes overplaying it which is why i dont know what he is. FMAR also has a habit of overplaying roles and then turning out to be a regular villager which screws everyone over, so I would rather not vote for him because of this. But I really think the vig needs to shoot him on the off chance he has a bad role.

LarkinAlpha
May 22 2013, 01:50:18 AM
Bentguru 5 - Flightly, Lana Torrin, LarkinAlpha, Nich Void, Spasm
dpidcoe 1 - Cue
Lana Torrin 1 - Xan
Zeekar 1 - Bentguru
Has not voted 6 - Cool09, dpidcoe, Kilabi, Navi6, Nobody_Holme, Thorjak

I'm not even trying to keep track this game. Too many roles and players to be bothered with it.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 22 2013, 02:18:09 AM
$Flighty$

Reasoning??

He's over playing nut (or whatever). I'm also sure he knows hes overplaying it which is why i dont know what he is. FMAR also has a habit of overplaying roles and then turning out to be a regular villager which screws everyone over, so I would rather not vote for him because of this. But I really think the vig needs to shoot him on the off chance he has a bad role.

http://i.imgur.com/pfM1EeL.gif

Qwert
May 22 2013, 02:21:54 AM
Flighty to $bentguru.

She is acting in character for being accused as villager. When she was mafia she just kept quiet.

Cheese nippels
May 22 2013, 02:54:02 AM
From my understanding, the only way you can be sure someone is a villager is if you are mafia, which would therefore implicate Cue1*.
Is this reasoning correct or is there something else going on? (sherrif?)

Varcaus
May 22 2013, 02:56:31 AM
Flighty to $bentguru.

She is acting in character for being accused as villager. When she was mafia she just kept quiet.

This pretty much. $bentguru

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 02:59:23 AM
From my understanding, the only way you can be sure someone is a villager is if you are mafia, which would therefore implicate Cue1*.
Is this reasoning correct or is there something else going on? (sherrif?)

Well that and they live with each other so viewing each others PMs is trivial.

Nobody_Holme
May 22 2013, 02:59:32 AM

If you go back, he has told you the truth about my role and his every single game that we've played.

How can he unless you're breaking rules to tell him.

Seriously, good answer please or both of you can get the fuck out.

That said, either way, you and lana look like a mafia voting block being bad at trying to save you. I dont know, but its the new best lead I have.

fmar $Flightly (I did vote already, fuck you spasm D:)

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 03:05:17 AM

If you go back, he has told you the truth about my role and his every single game that we've played.

That said, either way, you and lana look like a mafia voting block being bad at trying to save you. I dont know, but its the new best lead I have.

Mate we can do OOG comms this game. No rules to break..

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 03:07:49 AM

Mate we can do OOG comms this game. No rules to break..

Also, because I cant edit this in. Mafia voting block on day 2 is retardly stupid. You have just bumped way up on my list for exactly the same reason bent is getting my vote. Killing people that are talking is one of the best ways for mafia to win the game and you are basically advocating doing this.

Cue1*
May 22 2013, 03:10:34 AM

What rules exactly are we breaking? Day one is always the most fun day of mafia for me because we play each other back and forth trying to get to the real truth. Real life interface is actually pretty awesome.

Post above you TBH. Also, $dpidcoe Bentguru

Nicho Void
May 22 2013, 03:12:45 AM
The rest of this game I will be voting for anyone who voted flighty.

Cue1*
May 22 2013, 03:13:00 AM
$dpidcoe Bentguru

$dpidcoe $Bentguru

Fixed.

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 03:25:23 AM
Why are people so convinced it is flightly. You started a bandwagon and then she started talking more. Isn't that op success?

EntroX
May 22 2013, 03:27:35 AM
Why are people so convinced it is flightly. You started a bandwagon and then she started talking more. Isn't that op success?

or attempt at avoiding suspicion?

Cool09
May 22 2013, 03:28:43 AM
So Cue, Lana and Nicho step in to vehemently defend flightly. So... how could both cue, nicho and lana be 100% sure she is village? There's only one sheriff... Defending one person without reason is just as bad as accusing another without reason. It means you know (or claim to know) something the rest of us don't.

Bent could very well be maf. But at this point we don't have better evidence for him or flightly. Bent pointed out Lana's poor logic: "being Mafia 2 games in a row is pretty low odds." Assuming steph picked the roles randomly, we know that the chances of being maf this game have nothing at all to do with previous games. Flip a coin, get heads. Now the coin does not magically remember what it flipped last time. It's still 50/50 on the next flip.

So steph: did you pick the roles randomly, or "hand picked" each one? Or not telling on purpose?

Varcaus
May 22 2013, 03:29:00 AM

Yes. The vote is now swinging bent btw.

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 03:31:18 AM
Lool I posted after i had only read up to page 8. Cheese nipples to $bent after cue vouched for flighty

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 03:32:12 AM
Note: I still think that cheese gave bad justifications for his votes.

LarkinAlpha
May 22 2013, 03:33:30 AM
Note: I still think that cheese gave bad justifications for his votes.

Agreed with this, his performance last game was pretty poor as well.

Cue1*
May 22 2013, 03:34:26 AM
So Cue, Lana and Nicho step in to vehemently defend flightly. So... how could both cue, nicho and lana be 100% sure she is village? There's only one sheriff... Defending one person without reason is just as bad as accusing another without reason. It means you know (or claim to know) something the rest of us don't.

I live with her three days a week and she's a bad liar.

Bent could very well be maf. But at this point we don't have better evidence for him or flightly. Bent pointed out Lana's poor logic: "being Mafia 2 games in a row is pretty low odds." Assuming steph picked the roles randomly, we know that the chances of being maf this game have nothing at all to do with previous games. Flip a coin, get heads. Now the coin does not magically remember what it flipped last time. It's still 50/50 on the next flip.

Bent, Tyrus, Victoria, and Steph have all been mafia at leastt twice in a row. Random, yes, but it's not that low of odds.

spasm
May 22 2013, 03:35:31 AM
I think cheese is just a bad player. But then the only game I remember with him he was mafia and also acted like a bad player.

Sent from the SpasPhone

Nobody_Holme
May 22 2013, 03:40:57 AM
Eh, THIS game you're allowed to talk OOG.

You're still not allowed to confirm roles to each other, however, unless you're both mafia.
In previous games you've not both been mafia every time, so for him to have never lied about your role when he's called you in more than one game (with perfectly good thread evidence, I admit) he's either cheating, or actually, he did lie at some point due to not knowing.

Cue1*
May 22 2013, 03:53:38 AM

You're still not allowed to confirm roles to each other, however, unless you're both mafia.
In previous games you've not both been mafia every time, so for him to have never lied about your role when he's called you in more than one game (with perfectly good thread evidence, I admit) he's either cheating, or actually, he did lie at some point due to not knowing.

Or maybe, since you know, we're dating, I know when she's lying. Maybe, since my job is so focused on knowing when someone I met 5 minutes ago is lying, I might be good at knowing when someone I've known for 8 months is lying.

EntroX
May 22 2013, 03:58:46 AM

So steph: did you pick the roles randomly, or "hand picked" each one? Or not telling on purpose?

or maybe all 3 of them are mafia? (tho i doubt it, it'd be a bit too obvious...unless that's their plan :nostradamus:

so say someone pm's me am i allowed to lie what i am?, or is it a no-no even then?

seems kinda dumb that you can communicate OOG but not say what you are...

Or maybe, since you know, we're dating, I know when she's lying. Maybe, since my job is so focused on knowing when someone I met 5 minutes ago is lying, I might be good at knowing when someone I've known for 8 months is lying.

this is a game about lying, why would we take your word for it~

QuackBot
May 22 2013, 04:00:11 AM
Inject burn to whereever you want to take is the best game.

Dr.Boomtown
May 22 2013, 04:02:11 AM
throwing my vote in on $Bent somebody has to die and there's only one sure way to know if hes mafia or not

EntroX
May 22 2013, 04:03:09 AM
Inject burn to whereever you want to take is the best game.

confirming quackbot for arsonist

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 04:30:43 AM
So Cue, Lana and Nicho step in to vehemently defend flightly. So... how could both cue, nicho and lana be 100% sure she is village?

When did I say I knew 100%. I said I didn't think she was mafia based on her not posting as this is normal behavior for her. That was the argument want it, that she was being quiet because she was mafia?

I knew standing up to say this I would be putting my neck on the line if she turned out to be mafia but right now I'm not convinced she is, and people jumping on the bandwagon with no reason are not helping the village work out who is mafia and who isnt. If she turns out to be mafia and im wrong, apart from being a little shocked, i will take my punishment in the very next round, but right now there is literally no reason to be jumping on the bandwagon.

Also if the mafia are smart (and with group intelligence they should be) they will have already split their votes up once they realized the flighty bandwagon was dieing. So I would recommend we start looking on people jumping ship late rather than those still trying to lynch her (I'm seeing this as 2 village groups fighting, no reason for mafia to defend her OR bent, no matter their roles, this early on).

And yes I understand probability. If its a coin flip it can easily happen twice. Its not a coin flip though as mafia are 25% or less. It can still happen and in not basing this at all on that one little thing, its just bent grasping at straws trying to save himself. (which is understandable no matter his role or alignment)

Cheese nippels
May 22 2013, 04:31:26 AM
$Flightly $Bent Because coins are round therefore mafia.

Steph
May 22 2013, 04:44:18 AM

I'm not sure how you expect me to answer this question without impacting the outcome of the game one way or the other. Use that thing between your ears and come to your own conclusions without appealing to the all-knowing moderator.

Cool09
May 22 2013, 04:57:09 AM
Lana: You've established that we are guessing. I agree totally. My point was, why defend one guess over another so vigorously? Unless you know something I don't :p

You didn't get my point about probability. Saying that someone has a higher or lower chance of being mafia based on last game is wrong, plain and simple (assuming steph assigned things randomly). Doesn't matter if its a 50/50 coin flip or 10/90 chance. You can roll a dice 100 times and get all 6's. Yet that 101st roll you still have a 1/6 chance to get a 6, no higher or lower.

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 05:02:45 AM
Lana: You've established that we are guessing. I agree totally. My point was, why defend one guess over another so vigorously? Unless you know something I don't :p

You didn't get my point about probability. Saying that someone has a higher or lower chance of being mafia based on last game is wrong, plain and simple (assuming steph assigned things randomly). Doesn't matter if its a 50/50 coin flip or 10/90 chance. You can roll a dice 100 times and get all 6's. Yet that 101st roll you still have a 1/6 chance to get a 6, no higher or lower.

You do, and you still have a 5/6 chance of NOT rolling one. Stop focusing on that 1 thing and look at the other reasoning. I put my neck on the line to get some discussion going and it seems to have worked. In the long run i will probably end up getting whacked because of this but you win this game by being on the winning side, not by surviving.

Bentguru
May 22 2013, 05:04:17 AM
I leave for 5 seconds and the village goes crazy. :psyduck:

Anyway, I am a normal villager, so I will not oppose my lynch too much. We aren't likely to hit a mafia today in any case, and at least with my death village will not lose a power role.

Lana is still striking me as incredibly suspicious though.

LarkinAlpha
May 22 2013, 05:13:49 AM

This is why we need to kill Cheese next round, these "lol so randum" votes are terrible, and of 0 help to the village. I would recommend that someone with a kill power aligned with the Villager kill him tonight please. Or even the SK.

Cool09
May 22 2013, 05:21:13 AM
$bentguru this turn... at least we won't kill a power role. Doesn't get us anywhere though.

Qwert
May 22 2013, 05:29:03 AM
$bentguru this turn... at least we won't kill a power role. Doesn't get us anywhere though.

Got people talking.

dpidcoe
May 22 2013, 05:29:06 AM
$bent because I think he's finally learned not to spazz out under accusations of mafia.

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 05:34:12 AM
I leave for 5 seconds and the village goes crazy. :psyduck:

Anyway, I am a normal villager, so I will not oppose my lynch too much. We aren't likely to hit a mafia today in any case, and at least with my death village will not lose a power role.

Lana is still striking me as incredibly suspicious though.

Now I feel bad...

Tapaderpin

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 05:43:18 AM
Bent changing back to $Cheese nippels I liked bent defense. Granted it is pretty easy to say something like that, but I still like it. I still don't like cheese's justifications for any of his votes. So imho if both bent and cheese are both villagers I would rather kill cheese over bent. As long as cheese isn't a power village role I think we would come out ahead.

Cheese nippels
May 22 2013, 06:36:54 AM

This is why we need to kill Cheese next round, these "lol so randum" votes are terrible, and of 0 help to the village. I would recommend that someone with a kill power aligned with the Villager kill him tonight please. Or even the SK.

I'm doing this because people said my reasoning was terrible, ya'll can go fuck a rake, if you don't like it i'll just vote and not write anything else.

Navigator Six
May 22 2013, 06:48:25 AM
Sorry for being afkish; wasn't around last night. I woulda voted flightly before bed too, as she hadn't posted a thing up until then. Nice to see it got some conversation going. 8-)

$Cheese because it's a toss-up between him and bent, and while coins are indeed round bent posts more, ergo not mafia.

Steph
May 22 2013, 07:01:23 AM
That's a wrap for today. Tallying the votes now.

Xan
May 22 2013, 07:02:30 AM
It looks like Bent is up 3 at this point. At first I thought Lana's defense of flighty was suspicious (I still do, but I did at first too,) but there appears to be an awful lot of people coming to the defense here, and if they were all mafia, that would be colossally stupid. So I dunno anymore.

Steph
May 22 2013, 07:13:42 AM
12 votes for Bent
6 votes for Flightly
2 votes for Cheese
FMAR, Lana, Spasm and Zeek tied with 1 each

Did not vote Kilabi

Bentguru is lynched. He was a Villager.

Stand by for day 3...

Navigator Six
May 22 2013, 07:21:01 AM
RIP Bent. :(

No other deaths? Either we have a wizard of a doctor or...I don't know what, really.

$Kilabi for not voting. 8-)

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 07:26:57 AM

No other deaths? Either we have a wizard of a doctor or...I don't know what, really.

I think thats what the 'standby' bit is for. That or no one did anything last night.

Steph
May 22 2013, 07:28:14 AM
Day 3

Quarantine disappeared during the night, and hasn't been seen since. He was a Villager.

Cue, another simple Villager, was found dead in his home. In fact, it appears he was attacked again after he was already dead(!?)

Achievement Unlocked: Rasputin
Die more than once in a single night

Also I do not count votes that are cast after the lynch but before the next day starts.

Navigator Six
May 22 2013, 07:32:08 AM

I think thats what the 'standby' bit is for. That or no one did anything last night.

Ah, right on. That makes much more sense. In before flightly is the serial killer / vigilante.

$Kilabi still, in the right place this time.

Kilabi
May 22 2013, 07:32:51 AM
Sorry for not voting yesterday. Wanted to post a bit from work and vote before I drive home after 8h of spamming but got sent to field work and only came back around 1AM when i totally forgot. Have to catch up on the thread now.

Navigator Six
May 22 2013, 07:34:08 AM
Sorry for not voting yesterday. Wanted to post a bit from work and vote before I drive home after 8h of spamming but got sent to field work and only came back around 1AM when i totally forgot. Have to catch up on the thread now.

Good to see you. $Kilabi

Also, what's the word on death posts?

Xan
May 22 2013, 07:35:05 AM
With Cue being Village and vouching for Flighty I'm wavering on my lynch Lana position. Even though she was the first one to vote Bent. That being said, I'm willing to jump on the no posting bandwagon for now $Kilabi

Steph
May 22 2013, 07:37:12 AM
Death posts as in "last words" kind of thing?

Not necessary IMO. Votes are public, anyone can count up the votes, and the day-end cutoff is known in advance. If someone is about to be lynched and wants to make a final statement, they are free and able to do so before I call the lynch.

Death posts after being nightkilled, on the other hand, are too easily abusable. How, as the Mafia, do you silence a Sheriff if he gets to speak his results from beyond the grave? If you've got important information, it's your responsibility to share it before they get you. If you don't, it's lost when you croak.

Qwert
May 22 2013, 07:54:35 AM
Ok, so we had 3 non-lynch kill attempts.

Possibilities include:
Mafia Hit
Serial Killer
Arsonist
Paranoid being visited by any of the 3/4 of people playing with roles :psyduck:

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 22 2013, 07:55:57 AM
$Lana$

Qwert
May 22 2013, 07:56:40 AM

Possibilities include:
Mafia Hit
Serial Killer
Arsonist

And since both of them were simple villagers, they couldn't have visited the paranoid, or suffered from immolation by visiting a burning person. Also, I forgot vigilante in my list somehow.

Possibilities include:
Mafia Hit
Serial Killer
Arsonist
Vigilante

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 08:28:56 AM
$Lana$

Mate you log off and then I get this. I called you smart what more do you want. I'm not voting for you till I have worked out if you are the nut or not..

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 08:32:44 AM

Possibilities include:
Mafia Hit
Serial Killer
Arsonist

And since both of them were simple villagers, they couldn't have visited the paranoid, or suffered from immolation by visiting a burning person. Also, I forgot vigilante in my list somehow.

Possibilities include:
Mafia Hit
Serial Killer
Arsonist
Vigilante

I have read the roles AGAIN and I dont think the Arsonist will show up until he explodes things..

Or did you mean show up to the paranoid? If so I have no idea how that works.. Steph?

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 09:06:07 AM
I still want to know who the Courtesan blocked on day 1 as we only had 1 killing that day. Keep in mind one of the killings could also of been from a vigilante. Unless we get more information during the day that makes me want to change my mind, I still like $Cheese nippels for mafia/killing role. Even after he has been told his rational for voting for people is shit he continued to post shit reasons for voting. Then he lashes out and just says fine if you think my reasons are shit I'll stop posting reasons. Even if he is a village member he isn't helping us. Unless he comes out as a power role he should be killed imo.

Can someone do a post count table.

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 09:09:01 AM
How I'm almost positive the arsonist works is he gets to douse a bunch of people in gasoline, 1 a night, (which no one is alerted of) and then when he feels he has reached critical mass he gets to own a bunch of people at once. (instead of pouring gasoline on people). Also when playing the arsonist you can run into the trouble of dousing people in gasoline that die before you get to light them up. This means it is very possible that we wont see the arsonist for a couple turns yet.

Steph
May 22 2013, 09:10:23 AM
How I'm almost positive the arsonist works is he gets to douse a bunch of people in gasoline, 1 a night, (which no one is alerted of) and then when he feels he has reached critical mass he gets to own a bunch of people at once. (instead of pouring gasoline on people). Also when playing the arsonist you can run into the trouble of dousing people in gasoline that die before you get to light them up. This means it is very possible that we wont see the arsonist for a couple turns yet.

This is an accurate interpretation of the Arsonist.

Also it's one of my favourite roles.

Toxic
May 22 2013, 09:21:16 AM
Reading through the thread I got no really good mafia hints. Some people are hinting this or that role, some people are derping, some are a little scummy, but at the end of day no smoking guns.

I suggest we start making something happen. We go after the inactives primarily (just posting your vote without reasoning is also being inactive), and secondly we lynch the people with bad justification on their votes, who just shrug it of, or who makes very, very open ended argumentation.

Both types of people form a bushy undergrowth that mafia can hide in.

Boomdowns - Doesnt post more than his votes, which is very out of character
Cheese nipples - Bad reasonings
I Legionnaire - Doesnt really post
Kilabi - Inactive
Xan - Doesnt post more than his votes
Entrox - Derping around, but he is a derp, so who knows :p
FMAR - By now you should know better not to justify your votes.

Some on this are worse than others. If you think someone should be added to this list, make a case for it (or if they dont belong on there). You dont have to make a long case, because the entire point of this list is listing people who make it hard to make a case against, either good or bad.

Toxic
May 22 2013, 09:25:31 AM
Another point: Not only can the mafia hide in the aforementioned undergrowth, but it is also easy to divert any pressure on an active mafia (because they dont all just lay low) over onto one of the villagers in the undergrowth.

Toxic
May 22 2013, 09:29:14 AM
Spasm and Nicho also nearly made the list, but not quite.
Spasm for being a bit silent, Nicho for being a bit over the place.
Flightly would also have been on the list if cue hadnt died and turned villager.

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 09:31:17 AM
This will be the first game cue dieing has kept flighty alive.

Tapaderpin

Cheese nippels
May 22 2013, 09:38:19 AM
$Toxic mate.

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 09:39:20 AM
Fuck everything about cheese, he needs to die. (in before Lunatic)

Cheese nippels
May 22 2013, 09:40:55 AM
$toxic $Cheese nippels

Come at me bru
irl

Zeekar
May 22 2013, 09:48:48 AM
Personally I would go with the person who started flighty bandwagon for nothing. Or at least checked by the sheriff.

Navigator Six
May 22 2013, 10:07:40 AM
It's getting to be a toss-up between FMAR and Cheese for lunatic. 8-)

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 10:31:58 AM
It's getting to be a toss-up between FMAR and Cheese for lunatic. 8-)

Yeah it's not going well....

Tapaderpin

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 10:44:35 AM
Personally I would go with the person who started flighty bandwagon for nothing. Or at least checked by the sheriff.

Quarantine - yells at flightly to post more essentially (says it is suspecious that she hadn't posted)
Qwert - jumps on
LarkinAlpha - jumps on
spasm - jumps on

Flighty posts a wall of text

EntroX - jumps on
Varcaus - jumps on
Zeekar - jumps on

Flighty posts a wall of text

Bent bandwagon quickly picks up 3 votes of lana, flightly, and nicho

After the first post about flightly no one really provides any more information other then "I agree with that rational".

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 10:53:27 AM
People jumped off the flightly bandwagon in this order:

LarkinAlpha jumps off
spasm jumps off
quert jumps off
varcus jumps off
cheese jumps off

Of these people varcus and cheese seemed the most ambivalent about who died.

Also Nobody_holme jumped on the flightly bandwagon quite late.

inora aknaria
May 22 2013, 11:10:25 AM
So in conclusion (I should probably just make this one post next time). Quarantine probably got killed by a vigilante already and all the people who started the bandwagon jumped off (and switched to bent) when flightly posted some more and people came to her defense. Two suspicious looking characters I found when trying to come up with some conclusions were dpidcoe and xan. Both threw their votes away on non-bandwagoned people, but neither really provided any good rational. Dpidcoe especially, because he both hates DF and is a strong mafia player if given the role. Neither have been very outspoken in this whole thread. (note I'm still voting for cheese right now I think)

Flightly
May 22 2013, 12:42:45 PM
So in conclusion (I should probably just make this one post next time). Quarantine probably got killed by a vigilante already and all the people who started the bandwagon jumped off (and switched to bent) when flightly posted some more and people came to her defense. Two suspicious looking characters I found when trying to come up with some conclusions were dpidcoe and xan. Both threw their votes away on non-bandwagoned people, but neither really provided any good rational. Dpidcoe especially, because he both hates DF and is a strong mafia player if given the role. Neither have been very outspoken in this whole thread. (note I'm still voting for cheese right now I think)

Maybe they know something we don't or they didn't have time (or didn't care enough) to bandwagon/switch their votes?

Lana Torrin
May 22 2013, 12:48:33 PM

I duno about dip but I know xan hasn't really been contributing because he posted a vote before and I had to check he was playing.. I'd feel safer about taking out xan then dip this round myself, but I was sure bent was mafia till his last post, so I guess we let the village talk it out.

Tapaderpin