PDA

View Full Version : Release

Lallante
May 14 2013, 09:15:23 AM
Today is the day.

Tell hilariously bad release day tales.

Mike deVoid
May 14 2013, 09:18:17 AM
The laughs are already being had from last Monday with the release of Uprising and all it's associated issues. All that is new today is new map mode, 2 new maps, a few new weapons and the clone packs to enable planetary conquest to start (and battles here won't happen until Thursday at the earliest, Friday most likely though).

Lallante
May 14 2013, 09:37:26 AM
Any server pop spike (presumably not?)

Dee Jiensai
May 14 2013, 09:44:46 AM
Any server pop spike (presumably not?)

should not be live yet, should it? i thoought eta was 1400 utc?

Sponk
May 14 2013, 11:32:19 AM
Got bored after the first two thousand hacked AV grenades and charged sniper rifles I bought.

I'm no Militia Romney.

Blah blah tapatalk

Sponk
May 14 2013, 12:02:48 PM
i thoought eta was 1400 utc?

Sponk
May 14 2013, 12:21:05 PM
downloading patch (63M)

Dee Jiensai
May 14 2013, 12:24:16 PM
Got bored after the first two thousand hacked AV grenades and charged sniper rifles I bought.

I'm no Militia Romney.

Blah blah tapatalk

dont get it.

Sponk
May 14 2013, 12:33:16 PM
dont get it.

I guess you're not familiar with patch speculation?

Hacked AV grenades are an Aurum-only item that was listed on the market. It's an advanced-level grenade with no prereqs. So I bought lots.

Same for charge sniper rifle; it's the only prototype-level weapon that only costs 2.6k. So I bought lots.

Dee Jiensai
May 14 2013, 01:28:07 PM
dont get it.

I guess you're not familiar with patch speculation?

Hacked AV grenades are an Aurum-only item that was listed on the market. It's an advanced-level grenade with no prereqs. So I bought lots.

Same for charge sniper rifle; it's the only prototype-level weapon that only costs 2.6k. So I bought lots.

ahhh.. so when items get removed you get isk/au back, and in the best case more than you spent. nice.

Sponk
May 14 2013, 01:39:26 PM
So, scrambler rifles look pretty neat. The punch of a tactical AR plus the alpha of a charged sniper rifle. The heat buildup means you really should be running it with an amarr suit tho.

Dee Jiensai
May 14 2013, 01:40:28 PM
what about skill requirement changes? did they reduce cost accross the board? or only suits?

Sponk
May 14 2013, 01:58:26 PM
what about skill requirement changes? did they reduce cost accross the board? or only suits?

no changes I can see.

Sponk
May 14 2013, 01:59:23 PM
So far, my corp has taken 1.5 planets. We'll see how many we can retain~

Rakshasa The Cat
May 14 2013, 02:00:08 PM
Hmm... I just realized... FW battles are over a single control point, and on Line Harvest it's in clear LOS from the redzone. Probably going to get plenty of railgun kills with everyone bunched up like that.

DaDutchDude
May 14 2013, 03:32:43 PM
My corp grabbed some districts as well, and 2 are immediately under attack. Some of the timers are set to ... shall we say ... curious times. We'll have to see how this turns out.

I really like Domination battles. They seem to be the right mix between objective driven game play without the problems with a lack of coordination Skirmish often has. It's amazing to see how some people still just abandon that one control point once they captured it to go hunt for kills, only to loose the control point and have to fight their way back.

Jack bubu
May 14 2013, 04:04:31 PM
anyone played the 2 new maps they put in today yet?

Hydronic
May 14 2013, 05:48:56 PM
I take it the control issues still abound from last week

Jack bubu
May 14 2013, 06:35:49 PM
DS3 controlls got improved alot via hotfixes (cant confirm i play with kb/m)
kb/m seems to be improved aswell but maybe im just used to it now.

Hydronic
May 14 2013, 06:42:48 PM
Controls still not good for me kb&m but the problem may be exacerbated by the poor framerate. I noticed they said they were having fps problems with old style ps3's which is frankly absurd that it is even possible, i though they were all the same? Either way, poor frame rate on my old ps3 (uk first release, before they took away all the usb ports)

Jack bubu
May 14 2013, 06:53:33 PM
heh i dont have any FPS issues whatsoever on the small PS3

Nu11u5
May 14 2013, 07:25:20 PM
Controls still not good for me kb&m but the problem may be exacerbated by the poor framerate. I noticed they said they were having fps problems with old style ps3's which is frankly absurd that it is even possible, i though they were all the same? Either way, poor frame rate on my old ps3 (uk first release, before they took away all the usb ports)

They changed a few things. Removed some chipsets necessary for different types of PS2 emulation, redesigned the mainboard, redesigned the CPU to use a smaller manufacturing process and less power, and upgraded the HDMI and Wifi chipsets, probably more. But, yah, on paper they should work the same with PS3 games.

Rakshasa The Cat
May 14 2013, 08:11:37 PM

Mouse sensitivity of 100 fucks up, no matter if I lower the DPI of my mouse to 2000 (of 6400) it still feels like it's at max speed/acceleration.

When setting it to 90 my railgun turn-speed and acceleration returns back to something close to what I had in Chromosome. This workaround has been confirmed by other people on the forums.

Mike deVoid
May 14 2013, 08:37:14 PM
The Imperfects have only 2 districts in PC - apparently by choice. Apparently Free Beers thinks he can win at Risk by owning only Australia.

Rakshasa The Cat
May 14 2013, 08:41:03 PM
The Imperfects have only 2 districts in PC - apparently by choice. Apparently Free Beers thinks he can win at Risk by owning only Australia.

Yeah, I saw that thread and was going WTF?

Dee Jiensai
May 14 2013, 09:38:43 PM

Yeah, I saw that thread and was going WTF?

if they are realty as good as their reputation seems to suggest, they can all ways take more later. its not like dust is overcrowded at the moment...

Mike deVoid
May 14 2013, 09:41:56 PM
It's a terrible strategy as they will always be under attack - giving them no opportunity to attack anyone else without using expensive merc packs.

Anyway, small initial Dust review is up at IGN: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/14/dust-514-review-in-progress

DaDutchDude
May 14 2013, 09:42:15 PM
I'm super curious to see how the grind that is EVE will land with the FPS console crowd, esp. when it comes to actual endurance. I wouldn't be surprised if only corps with leadership that have roots in EVE will endure.

Rakshasa The Cat
May 14 2013, 10:14:15 PM
It's a terrible strategy as they will always be under attack - giving them no opportunity to attack anyone else without using expensive merc packs.

Especially when you realize that keeping the two districts of their under constant attack using merc packs only takes 160mil ISK / day.

We're basically looking at an initial phase where there's a landgrab, then corps will be using excessive clones and 80mil genolution packs to wear out surrounding opponents. You really _don't_ want to be one of those who aren't getting a refill of clones on all districts (that you won the battle on).

For a corp with members active since public beta, each member has about as much ISK as was needed to take over one district. Unless the IMPs are going to be winning a _LOT_ of matches then they're pretty retarded. (in the original sense of the word)

Mike deVoid
May 14 2013, 10:43:11 PM
Apparently took like 3 minutes for all districts to be taken. My alliance did pretty well:

http://i.imgur.com/AFkWwkZ.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/cXq7Eih.png?1

Mike deVoid
May 15 2013, 08:02:44 PM
Best PCU so far and rising: 5547

http://eve-offline.net/?server=dust

Nu11u5
May 15 2013, 08:13:43 PM
After Tuesdays patch I'm getting kills again and keeping the reticle on targets better. What ever changed it's a noticeable improvement.

I speced into Flaylocks. They just sounded so cool, especially after seeing the Fanfest gameplay. In reality, AOE damage is nonexistant and firing it feels like lobbing rocks that never hit.

Marlona Sky
May 15 2013, 08:13:58 PM
I can confirm there is an issue with old style PS3 FPS. Any word on if there will be a fix or am I just fucked?

Nu11u5
May 15 2013, 08:14:55 PM
I can confirm there is an issue with old style PS3 FPS. Any word on if there will be a fix or am I just fucked?

Most likely you will have to wait for a code patch, which may take a few weeks. Alternatively, it may be a firmware issue that Sony will have to address. Again, a few weeks.

Jack bubu
May 15 2013, 08:48:56 PM
After Tuesdays patch I'm getting kills again and keeping the reticle on targets better. What ever changed it's a noticeable improvement.

I speced into Flaylocks. They just sounded so cool, especially after seeing the Fanfest gameplay. In reality, AOE damage is nonexistant and firing it feels like lobbing rocks that never hit.

according to CCP there is issues with AOE damage not being registered at all

Mike deVoid
May 15 2013, 09:01:55 PM
Yeah, there is a post from a dev talking about desync between the place the server thinks the explosion occurs and the place you see it explode on your client.

prometheus
May 16 2013, 12:20:14 AM
- Game doesnt seem to be playing any better than it used to.
- In underpopulated areas the game is smooth, but as soon as you get in a firefight it becomes a slideshow.
- It's still ARs Online. They woefully overpower everything else because of the lack of recoil, penalty, and low ROF.
- Laser Rifles are crap.
- SRs are okay, but vastly overshadowed by ARs.
- Shotguns don't seem to register as well, and have a lower ROF.
- Texture streaming is good sometimes
- Zoom sensitivity is useless for LRs
- WAY too much money in the game already. No point in using anything other than proto gear.
- Matchmaking is still worthless, made worse by the larger squads. I've yet to play a game where I wasn't encountering a steamrolling force of at least 6 corpmates
- the new game mode is a redlinefest

For a release, this is garbage.

Mike deVoid
May 16 2013, 12:53:40 AM
-Proto gear is your T2 equivalent - why not use it all the time if you are good? Also, corp battle will swiftly take care of isk rich, skill poor corps.
-afaik you don't run 6 man squads due to your 2/3 man corp.
-only tac ARs are OP right now due to the rapid fire defect

prometheus
May 16 2013, 12:57:57 AM
It's basically corps vs scrubs is what I meant to say.
AKA a complete waste of time.

And protosuits being the equivalent to *t2* is even more reason why they're a problem.
At least spaceships COST something. Protosuits are pennies when CCP gives everyone a fuckload of isk to play with.
They're a plague with no means of extermination.

Sponk
May 16 2013, 01:26:21 AM
-Proto gear is your T2 equivalent - why not use it all the time if you are good?

I can't fit prototype suits :(

Which means I can't fit prototype weapons :(

Jack bubu
May 16 2013, 06:04:09 AM
- Game doesnt seem to be playing any better than it used to.
- In underpopulated areas the game is smooth, but as soon as you get in a firefight it becomes a slideshow. -it doesnt for me
- It's still ARs Online. They woefully overpower everything else because of the lack of recoil, penalty, and low ROF. -its not their range got nerfed alot and so did accuracy, only OP AR is the Tacticals
- Laser Rifles are crap. - True
- SRs are okay, but vastly overshadowed by ARs. - not true in the slightest
- Shotguns don't seem to register as well, and have a lower ROF.
- Texture streaming is good sometimes - still an improvement to chromosome
- Zoom sensitivity is useless for LRs - cant tell
- WAY too much money in the game already. No point in using anything other than proto gear. - this is true and a problem
- Matchmaking is still worthless, made worse by the larger squads. I've yet to play a game where I wasn't encountering a steamrolling force of at least 6 corpmates - abloooblooobloo, maybe start a new char so you can play with the rookies.
- the new game mode is a redlinefest - its not, its probably the best gamemode they have put in so far

For a release, this is garbage.

Resi
May 16 2013, 07:55:55 AM
- In underpopulated areas the game is smooth, but as soon as you get in a firefight it becomes a slideshow. -it doesnt for me

Do you really not notice the game becoming a slideshow when there's lots going on?

It's a really big deal for me.

Mike deVoid
May 16 2013, 08:35:41 AM
Yeah, I get it sometimes too. Not very often though, and appears to be match specific.

Sponk
May 16 2013, 01:47:41 PM
Fleets everywhere. #moltenheath

Jack bubu
May 16 2013, 03:37:24 PM
Yeah, I get it sometimes too. Not very often though, and appears to be match specific.

maybe i have just been lucky so far and it hasnt occured to me, but no i havent had any slideshows yet

Lallante
May 16 2013, 05:24:45 PM
Fleets everywhere. #moltenheath

wonder why

Jack bubu
May 16 2013, 08:20:12 PM
oh heh so i just had my first corp battle and like 5 minutes before the end it did indeed become somer low framerate :P
could barely aim, we won anyway

eve "fleet" got ganked by pirates though, was fun listening to the eve players panic

Sponk
May 17 2013, 12:27:02 AM
Well, last night was full of carnage. It seems the standard team is 5 prototype HAVs + 10 full proto infantry + 1 ninja capping scout.

Ouch.

Steph
May 17 2013, 06:58:15 AM
So I got a Scrambler Rifle to play around with.

I'm kind of underwhelmed. My assumption was that it fits a niche similar to the AR, so I've been using it like one. Am I doing it wrong?

Also I don't understand the plasma gun at all. What role is it supposed to perform?

Sponk
May 17 2013, 07:15:42 AM
The scrambler rifle is like the AR, but has a few advantages.

* 20% more optimal range
* able to charge means you win the 'take pot shots from cover' war

It's actually more similar to the tactical AR. Try to kite people a bit rather than rushing in, because you'll just overheat.

The plasma gun is basically a multi-role rocket launcher. Credible damage vs stuff that can't dodge, like heavies, vehicles etc (can one-shot scouts, for example) but low ammo capacity means you need a sidearm or you'll die.

Jack bubu
May 17 2013, 02:51:24 PM
wow just saw a video posted on the forums about the slideshow issue which was literally 1-2 fps, what i experienced wasnt even close to that.
my game maybe dropped to 15-20 frames

prometheus
May 17 2013, 10:13:14 PM
wow just saw a video posted on the forums about the slideshow issue which was literally 1-2 fps, what i experienced wasnt even close to that.

even 15 frames is unacceptable =/

Jack bubu
May 17 2013, 10:18:01 PM

even 15 frames is unacceptable =/
yeah it was terrible, but it wasnt unplayable
i can now sort of understand the raging on coms from some dudes

Jack bubu
May 18 2013, 04:25:56 PM
http://eve-offline.net/?server=dust

Players numbers are going way up today, 8009 right now and primetime for dust is around 2200 evetime.

lets see what sunday brings, Planetary Conquest sure brought back activity

Marlona Sky
May 18 2013, 08:18:20 PM
Possible to hire DUST dudes yet with my EVE guy?

Jack bubu
May 18 2013, 09:36:12 PM
nope