PDA

View Full Version : [News] Lifetime Insurance Clarification

QuackBot
May 7 2013, 11:40:07 PM
Greetings Citizens, Yesterday’s post brought up a number of questions and comments about Lifetime Insurance. In an effort to clarify and smooth the transition to the new website and to make LTI as fair as possible for all interested groups, we have made some refinements to the system. To begin, we would like to clarify [...]

original link (http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/lifetime-insurance-clarification/)

Rudolf Miller
May 8 2013, 02:05:35 AM
I knew I wasn't the only one.

Tailn
May 8 2013, 08:14:54 AM
This is going in a direction that I like, from what i can see you loose your ship insurance pays out if you kept it repaired then you get it in good condition if you launched last without a recent service and a battered hull expect a used replacement ;). The insurance also seems to differ from that in EvE in that one rolling payment per hull will cover you for all losses for the life of the insurance, not sure how they are going to term fraud but seems open enough to handle most exploits and invalidating lifetime insurance to get a little advantage should be a decent warning.
The last thing and one that I think seems to be a clever mechanic, is replacements will have a delay in being supplied, this also looks like it is going to be tied into the whole supply demand economy they are trying to set up. No resources or high demand for ships may result in slower deliveries of replacements.

Hels
May 8 2013, 12:13:33 PM
They win more plus reps from me everyday. :3

Hayes DuSid
May 8 2013, 11:17:20 PM
The have stated a few times that LTI specifically (no word on if it applies to normal in game insurance) will have longer and longer delays as you lose your ship within a period of time. Exact mechanics are not discussed but during the last 24h stream and in a few interviews since then he has suggested that the anti suicide gank mechanic will simply be that the insurance company will start considering you a higher liability and you'll get worse and worse response times from them.

However, should a pilot have, say, 7 Auroras. Losing them one at a time might actually bypass that entire system. Admittedly, then you have to buy and load out 7 Auroras.

The other interesting thing is the LTI is more being offered because you should be able to keep your ship from the campaign, it's what you're paying for, but it only covers the hull. They've actually introduced a new acronym LHI for lifetime hull insurance just so they don't have to keep specifying that it's only the hull. Honestly, the people on the forums for RSI are pretty significantly a-holes and I fully suspect bitching about LTI is a form of trolling there rather than real confusion.

Tailn
May 9 2013, 08:47:26 AM
the people on the forums for RSI are pretty significantly a-holes

This is why I have a personal rule to only ever look at a game's official forums when google sends me there when i am searching for something, and gratefully receive distilled information from those people who have more tolerance for idiots than I