PDA

View Full Version : [Mafia]Heap Challenge Round 8: Simplicity Itself

Pages : [1] 2

LarkinAlpha
May 6 2013, 09:42:38 PM
Round 8 will be a simple game of Mafia, they way I learned to play. 1 Sheriff, 4 Mafia, 20 people total.

The Players
Cue1*, Day 2 Mafia Kill, Villager

Steph, Day 3 Lynch, Mafia

Cheese Nippels, Day 9 Lynch, Villager

Flightly, Day 5 Lynch, Mafia

FMAR, Day 7 Mafia Kill, Villager

I Legionnaire, Survivor, Mafia

Lana Torrin, Day 4 Lynch, Sheriff

Cool09, Day 9 Mafia Kill, Villager
Varcaus, Day 4 Mafia Kill, Villager

Bentguru, Survivor, Mafia

Thorjak, Day 6 Mafia Kill, Villager
Nicho Void, Day 8 Mafia Kill, Villager
TMFD, Day 3 Mafia Kill, Villager
Dr.Boomtown, Day 7 Lynch, Villager
Quarantine, Day 5 Mafia Kill, Villager
Nobody_Holme, Survivor, Villager
Dark Flare, Day 1 Lynch, Villager
Cullnean, Day 6 Lynch, Villager
Navigator Six, Day 8 Lynch, Villager
Toxic, Day 1 Mafia Kill, Villager

The Roles
1 Sheriff:
Investigates 1 person per night, and learns their role
4 Mafia:
Vote to kill 1 villager per night

The Rules
Honor System:
No OOG talk, keep it all in the thread. Mafia CAN discuss votes, but no over all strategy, no extensive discussion. Try and keep it to the absolute minimum. The penalty if you do talk about it OOG is that it could lead to a rather boring game for most people.

Days:
Game days will officially end at 2300GMT (10pm forum time apparently), anything after that doesn't count for that day. Expect about 20-30 minutes for me to figure out what happened and get it posted, then the next day begins right after my post. If the time has to change, it will be posted at the end of Day post.

Roles:
Roles will be revealed on death, by me or in a dead post by the player who had the role. If you're villager you'll want to share, if you're Mafia you have to share. Figure it's everyone going through all your stuff.

Inactivity:
If you do not discuss in the game thread, you are not playing the game. If you don't want to play, say so and I'll replace you with the first person who PMs me after that. If all you do is post a vote, or don't post for 2 days straight, you will be removed from the game and your side will be down 1 player. PMing me with extenuating circumstances can buy you an extra day.

Screenshots:
No-screenshots, no-logs as per normal. One exception is to try and "name and shame" an Honor System violation, those you can post to your hearts content.

PMs have been sent out to the people with Roles. I may send out PMs to everyone else later, but I will be busy for a couple of hours. Have fun everybody!

Day 1 Voting
Dark Flare 9 - Steph, Cheese, Flightly, Legion, Lana, Varc, Thor, Nobody, Toxic
FMAR 7 - Cue, FMAR, Nicho, Quarantine, DarkFlare, Navigator, TMFD
Cue 1 - Cullnean
Bentguru 1 - Cool09
Nicho 1 - Bent
Abstain 1 - Booms
Day 2 Voting
Steph 6 - Cue, Steph, Varc, TMFD, Booms, Quara
Lana 6 - FMAR, Legion, Cool09, Nicho, Cull, Navigator
FMAR 1 - Lana
Cool09 1 - Cheese
Varc 1 - Nobody
Nobody 1 - Thor
Did Not Vote 2 - Flightly, Bent
Day 3 Voting
Steph 10 - FMAR, Lana, Cool09, Varc, Bent, Nicho, TMFD, Booms, Quara, Navigator
Lana 4 - Steph, Legion, Nobody, Cull
Cool09 2 - Cheese, Flightly
Flightly 1 - Thor
Day 4 Voting
Lana 12 - Cheese, Legion, Cool09, Varc, Bent, Thor, Nicho, Booms, Quara, Nobody, Cull, Navigator
Flightly 1 - Lana
Quara 1 - FMAR
Not Voted 1 - Flightly
Day 5 Voting
Flightly 12 - Everyone who isn't Flightly
Not Voted 1 - Flightly
Day 6 Voting
Cull 5 - FMAR, Cool09, Thor, Nobody, Navigator
Booms 2 - Bent, Nicho
Cool09 1 - Cheese
Nicho 1 - Booms
Nobody 1 - Cull
Did not Vote 1 - Legion
Day 7 Voting
Booms 6 - Legion, Cool09, Bent, Nicho, Nobody, Navigator
Nobody 1 - Booms
Navigator 1 - FMAR
Did not Vote 1 - Cheese
Day 8 Voting
Navigator 4 - Cheese, Cool09, Bent, Nicho
Cheese 3 - Legion, Nobody, Navigator
Day 9 Voting
Cheese 4 - Legion, Cool09, Bent, Nobody
Nobody 1 - Cheese

Cue1*
May 6 2013, 09:46:52 PM
Since your player list apparently considers me to be only half of a player I can only assume to be a hybrid of myself and steph, can we do oog communication? Would that really be oog though, or more like just internal thought?

the thing from the buzz buzz

Navigator Six
May 6 2013, 09:48:12 PM
As I haven't received a PM, clearly I'm a villager.*

Someone give me a reason to abstain. It seems really dumb every game.

*may not be true

Nicho Void
May 6 2013, 09:48:56 PM
$cut1*

Nicho Void
May 6 2013, 09:49:23 PM
cuu*2

Navigator Six
May 6 2013, 09:49:34 PM
Since your player list apparently considers me to be only half of a player I can only assume to be a hybrid of myself and steph, can we do oog communication? Would that really be oog though, or more like just internal thought?

Ork tiem! I paint Cue purple.

LarkinAlpha
May 6 2013, 09:51:07 PM
As I haven't received a PM, clearly I'm a villager.*

Someone give me a reason to abstain. It seems really dumb every game.

*may not be true

I sent out PMs AFTER I made the post.

Cheese nippels
May 6 2013, 10:09:54 PM
$DarkFlare erryday

Nicho Void
May 6 2013, 10:11:08 PM
Welp, since I have no PMs, I am once again a standard villager.

Court me, other players, for my vote is available and I am ready to swoon.

Varcaus
May 6 2013, 10:18:58 PM
$darkflare

Dark Flare
May 6 2013, 10:19:53 PM
With no doc and no OOG the Sheriff is pretty much worthless :/

$Nicho Void cause he's not the sheriff

Cue1*
May 6 2013, 10:26:40 PM
Hadn't realized quite how powerless the entire village is in this format until now, this game is gonna be really dull. I suspect $I legionnaire is mafia, but no evidence. TBH I don't even know why I do.

Nicho Void
May 6 2013, 10:59:58 PM

Or, you know, he'll have to communicate in the thread and try to influence the vote with something other than "I'm Sheriff. Vote for X". You should be able to pick up on whatever subtlety the sheriff ends up going with since you're so observant and open to...

...oh wait, no. $Dark Flare

Cool09
May 6 2013, 11:07:26 PM
Was the mafia picked randomly, or "hand picked" by Larkin? That's really all we have to go off of.

Either way, the sheriff should probably compile a list of the checks he/she has made, and post it when the numbers are low enough for that information to secure a win, or in the death post, whichever comes sooner. Can the sheriff put that kind of info in the death post?

In the meantime... try to figure out the mafia with :science:

Steph
May 6 2013, 11:17:00 PM
All aboard the $Dark Flare bandwagon. I'd normally advocate abstaining until the Sheriff comes forward with a mafia hit, but with no doctor the Sheriff isn't going to do that. This game setup is the exception to my usual "abstain day 1" rule.

Dark Flare
May 6 2013, 11:18:25 PM

Or, you know, he'll have to communicate in the thread and try to influence the vote with something other than "I'm Sheriff. Vote for X". You should be able to pick up on whatever subtlety the sheriff ends up going with since you're so observant and open to...

...oh wait, no. $Dark Flare

Yeah, and the mafia will pick up on it too you moran.

Quarantine
May 6 2013, 11:19:10 PM

Sheriff has to push subtly for lynching mafia. He's the only advantage the village has, but to offset the random factor of him potentially being killed early on, the ability to pass on his role when he dies would be neat.

Dark Flare
May 6 2013, 11:19:50 PM

Sheriff has to push subtly for lynching mafia. He's the only advantage the village has, but to offset the random factor of him potentially being killed early on, the ability to pass on his role when he dies would be neat.

The first time he pushes on a maf, maf will nightkill him.

Nobody_Holme
May 6 2013, 11:33:03 PM
For now, because he's not being ridiculous, I'm not voting DF.

$abstain.

I don't support first day abstains and will change this once I get a minor read on people, but for now I have nothing much.

Also, the mafia nightkilling someone who pushes them means they're likely to lose that player in this format due to limited player knowledge. And it means randoms can push someone to draw mafia ire for the sheriff to make it to lategame. This mode is all about the politicing in the thread, which is fun.

(Is there a no screenshot rule for this game? >.>)

Dark Flare
May 6 2013, 11:34:46 PM
Yes, all games are assumed to be no-screenshots, no-logs unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

Varcaus
May 6 2013, 11:35:32 PM
Also if you catch somone talking oog (doubtfull but hey) screenshot that for name and shame.

Quarantine
May 6 2013, 11:39:59 PM

Do you know what subtle means? Anyway, the Sheriff can lay low and hope to identify as many Mafia members as possible and come forward at some point in the mid to late game. It's less sophisticated than with many roles around, but that was the point of the vanilla game you signed up for. So that lynch and kill assumptions would be based not on tactics, but on the bickering in this thread and your personal forum circlejerks and vendettas.

Lana Torrin
May 6 2013, 11:40:57 PM
$darkflare because it never gets old.

Tapaderpin

Thorjak
May 6 2013, 11:42:24 PM
$Dark Flare

Since abstaining on Day 1 is pointless in this format, and it'll save me from having to listen to him lose it all over the thread later on.

Dark Flare
May 6 2013, 11:43:59 PM

Do you know what subtle means? Anyway, the Sheriff can lay low and hope to identify as many Mafia members as possible and come forward at some point in the mid to late game. It's less sophisticated than with many roles around, but that was the point of the vanilla game you signed up for. So that lynch and kill assumptions would be based not on tactics, but on the bickering in this thread and your personal forum circlejerks and vendettas.

If the Sheriff STARTS the push on mafia, it's obviously the sheriff. If not he has to wait for a villager to do it out of luck and then try to help a bandwagon start.

Anything the villagers can pick up on the maf can too.

Nobody_Holme
May 6 2013, 11:45:06 PM
As he's apparently dead, with some minor regret (and the vague hope he's actually a mafia for comic twist) $abstain $darkflare

Nicho Void
May 6 2013, 11:45:30 PM
:facepalm:

Steph
May 6 2013, 11:47:40 PM

http://thatsthejoke.net/thatsthejoke.jpg

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 6 2013, 11:48:10 PM
Darkflare hasn't even paragraph dumped yet. Why the fucking bandwagon?

Dark Flare
May 6 2013, 11:48:32 PM
It's almost as if it's a running joke from SHC.

Steph
May 6 2013, 11:49:28 PM
Because it had to be somebody and there's no data yet to make an informed decision. Darkflare is just as good a choice as anyone else today.

Lana Torrin
May 6 2013, 11:50:57 PM
Darkflare hasn't even paragraph dumped yet. Why the fucking bandwagon?

Tbh I voted for him without reading the rest of the thread. I thought that was standard mafia rules, when in doubt vote for darkflare.

Tapaderpin

TheManFromDelmonte
May 6 2013, 11:54:27 PM
No oog talking. awesome.

I've not been reading mafia any since last time I played, they got too complicated for me, so where's the meta game at? Or has it been such a clusterfuck that we still don't have one?

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 6 2013, 11:54:46 PM
Fuck the Darkflare bandwagon. Vote for me you cunts. $FMAR$

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 12:00:20 AM

Wait a round guy, if the mafia don't bump you off I'll start a bandwagon for you.

Tapaderpin

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 12:02:37 AM
Because it had to be somebody and there's no data yet to make an informed decision. Darkflare is just as good a choice as anyone else today.

There is data.

Thorjak
May 7 2013, 12:03:25 AM

Afaik there's no village idiot role, but that would still be too obvious. Or you could be the sheriff who investigated yourself and ... no. Or you are trying to deflect attention, and this is an attempt to throw yourself under a bus.

Or maybe I should hold off overanalyzing everything for a few turns.

Steph
May 7 2013, 12:30:47 AM
Actually...

There's no village idiot, so there's no risk. We have to lynch someone today, so given the choice we might as well lynch the guy who seems to want to be lynched.

...although.

Unless it's some kind of elaborate double-bluff, FMAR likely wouldn't suggest lynching himself if he were actually mafia, for fear that FHC, being the forum full of retards that we are, would simply go along with it and kill him.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that FMAR is a villager.

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 12:32:14 AM
There's no village idiot

Well there is your first mistake. We have plenty of them.

LarkinAlpha
May 7 2013, 01:32:02 AM
Was the mafia picked randomly, or "hand picked" by Larkin? That's really all we have to go off of.

Either way, the sheriff should probably compile a list of the checks he/she has made, and post it when the numbers are low enough for that information to secure a win, or in the death post, whichever comes sooner. Can the sheriff put that kind of info in the death post?

In the meantime... try to figure out the mafia with :science:

Randomly, I rolled 5 D20s and rerolled identical numbers. I actually rolled 3 times since the first one was too clustered, and the second one I chose not to look at to go with the third.

As for your second point... hrmm... Maybe? It wasn't a rule from the start, but I see no problems including it. Talk about it and reach a decision IN THIS THREAD. That should keep the discussion going for quite a while.

Yes, all games are assumed to be no-screenshots, no-logs unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

Also if you catch somone talking oog (doubtfull but hey) screenshot that for name and shame.

I will be adding these to the OP.

There's no village idiot

Well there is your first mistake. We have plenty of them.

This thread is already delivering.

The first day will end 30 minutes early, at 2230. I have to be somewhere at 0000 and will need the extra time to get things situated. I found out about this today, otherwise I would have let you all know sooner. This will also happen on Thursday, and I'll remind you all then as well.

Bentguru
May 7 2013, 02:09:34 AM
Sheriff will have to leave clues to his investigations in the thread. And we should all be leaving fake-investigation clues in the thread as well. This will 1) Protect the sheriff and 2) Possibly out mafia via our deaths if we fake-investigate and the maf thinks we are the sheriff and kills us.

We can do it.

Bentguru
May 7 2013, 02:12:29 AM
Also, having everybody on one bandwagon is bad, so I shall start a second bandwagon on $$Nicho Void

He sucks and never posts, we should kill him. IDK why he even joins these things, he didn't contribute last game at all and if we're going to win this we NEED people who will be active.

Flightly
May 7 2013, 02:16:08 AM
Jumping on the DarkFlare bandwagon.

I suppose since there's already an uprising against, darkflare I'll go with this one unless there's any convincing evidence otherwise??

Dr.Boomtown
May 7 2013, 02:39:04 AM
$Abstain because im cool like that

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 02:40:17 AM
Sheriff will have to leave clues to his investigations in the thread. And we should all be leaving fake-investigation clues in the thread as well. This will 1) Protect the sheriff and 2) Possibly out mafia via our deaths if we fake-investigate and the maf thinks we are the sheriff and kills us.

We can do it.

Yeah lets go with this idea, now all we need to do is organize who is going to try and out who in pri.. awwwww...

There is no way of getting information out of the sheriff without getting the sheriff killed. Anything we organize for whatever reason the mafia members can game because they will know firstly what we are doing and secondly why we are doing it. In your case above all they would have to do is pronounce everyone innocent possibly with a small mix of fake guilty because a villager will be just making guesses exactly the same. All you can prove is that they AREN'T the sheriff.

The only way to get info out of the sheriff is on their death. Even then its a crap shoot if they have any good information, so basically we need to play like we don't have a sheriff because basically, we don't.

Bentguru
May 7 2013, 02:48:14 AM

We can do it.

Yeah lets go with this idea, now all we need to do is organize who is going to try and out who in pri.. awwwww...

There is no way of getting information out of the sheriff without getting the sheriff killed. Anything we organize for whatever reason the mafia members can game because they will know firstly what we are doing and secondly why we are doing it. In your case above all they would have to do is pronounce everyone innocent possibly with a small mix of fake guilty because a villager will be just making guesses exactly the same. All you can prove is that they AREN'T the sheriff.

The only way to get info out of the sheriff is on their death. Even then its a crap shoot if they have any good information, so basically we need to play like we don't have a sheriff because basically, we don't.

? Yeah the mafia might join in in providing cover for the sheriff, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. If the sheriff is the only one subtly hinting at the results of investigations he's going to get whacked instantly, we need a lot of villagers to be doing it so he stays alive.

If one of said villagers gets killed, that gives us information we can use if we work on the basis that their death was related to the fake-peeks they were reporting.

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 03:04:58 AM
Yeah the mafia might join in in providing cover for the sheriff, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. If the sheriff is the only one subtly hinting at the results of investigations he's going to get whacked instantly, we need a lot of villagers to be doing it so he stays alive.

If one of said villagers gets killed, that gives us information we can use if we work on the basis that their death was related to the fake-peeks they were reporting.

And how are the villagers going to know which of the dozen or so people giving fake results is telling the truth. Your signal to noise is way too low to be of any use especially if we are allowing the sheriff to just provide the investigation list on death. There is zero point in the sheriff sticking their neck out when their list will become public when they die.

So basically we are going to have round after round of misinformation with a very small amount of actual information, then the village or mafia is going to accidentally the sheriff and we will get the full list of what they know, making all of the other info useless because everyone will claim 'lol i was a villager i didn't know anything i was just making stuff up'.

Nicho Void
May 7 2013, 03:29:33 AM
He sucks and never posts, we should kill him. IDK why he even joins these things, he didn't contribute last game at all and if we're going to win this we NEED people who will be active.
Right in the feels, mate.

Cheese nippels
May 7 2013, 04:13:39 AM
when's the day end (forumtime)?

Bentguru
May 7 2013, 04:24:22 AM
Yeah the mafia might join in in providing cover for the sheriff, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. If the sheriff is the only one subtly hinting at the results of investigations he's going to get whacked instantly, we need a lot of villagers to be doing it so he stays alive.

And how are the villagers going to know which of the dozen or so people giving fake results is telling the truth. Your signal to noise is way too low to be of any use especially if we are allowing the sheriff to just provide the investigation list on death. There is zero point in the sheriff sticking their neck out when their list will become public when they die.

So basically we are going to have round after round of misinformation with a very small amount of actual information, then the village or mafia is going to accidentally the sheriff and we will get the full list of what they know, making all of the other info useless because everyone will claim 'lol i was a villager i didn't know anything i was just making stuff up'.

did larkin confirm the sheriff could relay his investigation results via a death message? Because if so I didn't see it, and without that the sheriff is going to have to leave clues to the investigation results itt.

LarkinAlpha
May 7 2013, 04:31:40 AM
when's the day end (forumtime)?

2230 Today and Thursday, 2300 normally.

And Bent, it's up for discussion in the thread.

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 04:57:26 AM
And Bent, it's up for discussion in the thread.

:psyduck:

Toxic
May 7 2013, 06:32:22 AM
Hi guys, I am the sheriff and I investigated $darkflare innocent.

cullnean
May 7 2013, 06:49:04 AM
Wat

Tapatalk 2

Steph
May 7 2013, 06:50:24 AM
Wat

Tapatalk 2

Don't worry, he's not the sheriff.

Navigator Six
May 7 2013, 06:55:55 AM
I'd like to subtly imply that we all lean on $FMAR, who seems to have a death wish anyways.

Toxic
May 7 2013, 06:57:30 AM
Wat

Tapatalk 2

Don't worry, he's not the sheriff.

What gave me away? :(

Quarantine
May 7 2013, 07:24:28 AM
$FMAR

Pushing to get yourself killed on the first day seems like a rather stupid mafia strategy, which makes it so unlikely someone would use it, that it actually feels viable again.

Steph
May 7 2013, 08:00:12 AM
$FMAR

Pushing to get yourself killed on the first day seems like a rather stupid mafia strategy, which makes it so unlikely someone would use it, that it actually feels viable again.

Do I need to post that scene from Princess Bride again?

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 08:02:30 AM
Nicho Void $FMAR

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 08:07:02 AM
It's a shame we have to lynch him, he's the only villager with a clue so far.

Toxic
May 7 2013, 08:07:43 AM
It's a shame we have to lynch him, he's the only villager with a clue so far.

Little dorky worky :companioncube:

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 08:28:50 AM
So if my maths is right its Darkflare 8, Fmar 4. Why are we voting for fmar now? I'm assuming he is trying to get himself killed because its finals week or something. I dont know why he signed up.

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 08:29:50 AM
So if my maths is right its Darkflare 8, Fmar 4. Why are we voting for fmar now? I'm assuming he is trying to get himself killed because its finals week or something. I dont know why he signed up.

If you re-read the thread you might spot why.

Unless you're bad I guess, ymmv.

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 08:37:28 AM

If you re-read the thread you might spot why.

Unless you're bad I guess, ymmv.

To be honest all I see is you grasping at any straw offered to not get lynched on day 1.

Quarantine
May 7 2013, 09:18:18 AM
$FMAR

Yes, or you can PM it to me, since I don't know what you are talking about. I'm not sure what to make of the Darkflare sheriff herpderp yet, this seems to be his normal behavior in your games? I'm going with the slight assumption that he would bitch about something not related to the sheriff role if he actually was the sheriff though, so it's probably safe to lynch him.

Steph
May 7 2013, 09:25:15 AM
$FMAR

Yes, or you can PM it to me, since I don't know what you are talking about. I'm not sure what to make of the Darkflare sheriff herpderp yet, this seems to be his normal behavior in your games? I'm going with the slight assumption that he would bitch about something not related to the sheriff role if he actually was the sheriff though, so it's probably safe to lynch him.

FMAR voting himself, and your subsequent post, is basically this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eZmEiyTo0

TheManFromDelmonte
May 7 2013, 10:08:03 AM
I agree with BentGuru earlier, DarkFlare posts a lot so we shouldn't lynch him. With the game setup as it is we need active players.

Is NichoVoid really that quiet now? I remember him doing a lot in the first game.

If FMAR has a deathwish and isn't posting much I can go along with that. I'll vote later though, no rush.

Cue1*
May 7 2013, 10:28:10 AM
$FMAR

Cheese nippels
May 7 2013, 10:31:58 AM
People voting FMAR are probably mafia - it's been long enough since the game started for the mafia to all get together and decide to try and save darkflare.

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 10:34:03 AM
People voting FMAR are probably mafia - it's been long enough since the game started for the mafia to all get together and decide to try and save darkflare.

Random lynching day1 is usually an awful idea (a lot of games I play start at night for this very reason, and even then day1 is usually abstain). Chances of hitting a villager are way over chances of hitting a mafia, and in this setup where Sheriff can't out himself day1, there's a chance you're hitting him.

FMAR has confirmed himself to not be sheriff (as has Nicho Void imo), making them significantly better targets than a random lynch.

Cheese nippels
May 7 2013, 10:39:04 AM

Random lynching day1 is usually an awful idea (a lot of games I play start at night for this very reason, and even then day1 is usually abstain). Chances of hitting a villager are way over chances of hitting a mafia, and in this setup where Sheriff can't out himself day1, there's a chance you're hitting him.

FMAR has confirmed himself to not be sheriff (as has Nicho Void imo), making them significantly better targets than a random lynch.

On the other hand, I do believe the number of people voting for FMAR is approximately the number of mafia, and since it's the first day I'd guess the mafia thinks they're safe enough to pull this manouver. +- innocents who like darkflare/want a 'safe' day 1 gank.

Toxic
May 7 2013, 10:44:30 AM
On the other hand, I do believe the number of people voting for FMAR is approximately the number of mafia, and since it's the first day I'd guess the mafia thinks they're safe enough to pull this manouver.

Really? I know you are new, but that is pretty damn naive to think.

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 10:50:40 AM
On the other hand, I do believe the number of people voting for FMAR is approximately the number of mafia, and since it's the first day I'd guess the mafia thinks they're safe enough to pull this manouver.

Pretty much. All the maf voting the same way on day1 would be gifting the town a win.

cullnean
May 7 2013, 11:02:58 AM
$cue1

Tapatalk 2

Quarantine
May 7 2013, 11:25:59 AM

Naive or playing dumb. I just noticed though that without a coroner, there is no way for us to confirm who we lynched. The sheriff does know, but we have no certain way of confirming his identity either. Which brings me to the question, can the mafia kill one of their own at night?

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 11:36:17 AM

Naive or playing dumb. I just noticed though that without a coroner, there is no way for us to confirm who we lynched. The sheriff does know, but we have no certain way of confirming his identity either. Which brings me to the question, can the mafia kill one of their own at night?

Roles are revealed on death.

Quarantine
May 7 2013, 12:06:21 PM
$FMAR

FMAR voting himself, and your subsequent post, is basically this scene:

Yes, it is. That's mostly the point of this game, unless you have plenty of roles that allows for more strategizing. It would only be a problem if, in the end, whatever you do, you still only have a 50% chance of being right. I can see that one out of several mafia members might take the gambit of provoking attention early on, but I find it unlikely that the sheriff as the only special villager would do that. The odds of FMAR, Darkflare, me and everyone else posting and drawing attention early on being sheriff are lower, so it's safer to lynch us than to lynch a random person. Protecting everyone active would be stupid, since the sheriff is most likely not in that block. Don't lynch me though, I'm a simple peasant.

Navigator Six
May 7 2013, 12:11:15 PM

On the other hand, I do believe the number of people voting for FMAR is approximately the number of mafia, and since it's the first day I'd guess the mafia thinks they're safe enough to pull this manouver. +- innocents who like darkflare/want a 'safe' day 1 gank.

The guys who are voting for DF, that's TWICE the number of mafia. Maybe they have shills.

Cool09
May 7 2013, 01:07:55 PM

We can do it.

1) as Lana says #1 is pointless since the sheriff's clues will be lost in the static of all the fake investigations. The sheriff would be no safer than anyone else, which is the same safety he would have just blending in acting like a villiager
2) the mafia might as well kill someone with an incorrect fake-investigation. Then we go "AHA! they are protecting [target of fake investigation]! lynch him!" which turns out to be a second villiager since it was BS anyway. Ideal scenario for the mafia, this strategy would make the villiagers very easily manipulated, while doing nothing at all to find mafia members.

From last game's thread, you seemed smarter than this... almost as if you are mafia and trying to get us to adopt this strategy!

$bentguru

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 02:07:13 PM
inb4 everyone forgets to play because the thread got moved

Toxic
May 7 2013, 02:10:17 PM
Should we just bandwagon Entrox?

cullnean
May 7 2013, 02:22:40 PM
inb4 everyone forgets to play because the thread got moved

cannot deafeat tapatalk with a simple move

tapatalk

Nobody_Holme
May 7 2013, 02:31:08 PM
The (moved) copy of the thread in the old location (and the subscriptiony say no.

Nicho Void
May 7 2013, 02:32:43 PM
Is NichoVoid really that quiet now? I remember him doing a lot in the first game.
No, I'm not. Bent is upset because last game he PMd me to flip my vote and I didn't get around to it until a few hours later. Saturday and I was outdoors, building raised garden beds. Fuck me, right?

I agree with BentGuru earlier, DarkFlare posts a lot so we shouldn't lynch him. With the game setup as it is we need active players.

The problem I have is that anyone question/disagreeing/looking too closely at his logic and theories is immediately the subject of his rage. There's no discourse with him. He's right. You're shit. Lynch who he says or you're an idiot. I don't see how that helps the village, but fine.

$Dark Flare for $FMAR

Quarantine
May 7 2013, 02:49:21 PM
1) as Lana says #1 is pointless since the sheriff's clues will be lost in the static of all the fake investigations. The sheriff would be no safer than anyone else, which is the same safety he would have just blending in acting like a villiager

This depends a bit on how death works. If identity and role is completely revealed with death, they won't be lost, because we could still follow the leads after we have the confirmation that they were legit. He could also come forward with his knowledge at some point in the game if he feels doing so would tip the odds considerably in the villages favor or he might killed soon by the Mafia (or the village) anyway. If he gets to deliver us a death message, it's even easier for him. So sheriff's goal is to stay alive for as long as possible, village's goal is to help him do that by getting themselves killed by the Mafia or our own mob.

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 04:16:59 PM
btw the people I'd be looking at carefully on future days are those voting in such a way to not influence the outcome of the vote, but also to avoid voting either of the two "sides".

Cool09
May 7 2013, 04:17:52 PM

This depends a bit on how death works. If identity and role is completely revealed with death, they won't be lost, because we could still follow the leads after we have the confirmation that they were legit. He could also come forward with his knowledge at some point in the game if he feels doing so would tip the odds considerably in the villages favor or he might killed soon by the Mafia (or the village) anyway. If he gets to deliver us a death message, it's even easier for him. So sheriff's goal is to stay alive for as long as possible, village's goal is to help him do that by getting themselves killed by the Mafia or our own mob.

Right, so it depends if the sheriff can leave his list of investigations in the death message.

Since we were asked for input on this: leaving info pertinent to the game in a death message is pretty much death communication. It helps the villiage to be able to do this but it will make for an even more boring game since it's just random killing until the sheriff dies, then we kill the people on the list. So my opinion is that there should be no death communication at all, just larkin saying "so and so was killed, a villiager".

In that case the "generate noise" plan is good.

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 04:31:13 PM

Right, so it depends if the sheriff can leave his list of investigations in the death message.

Since we were asked for input on this: leaving info pertinent to the game in a death message is pretty much death communication. It helps the villiage to be able to do this but it will make for an even more boring game since it's just random killing until the sheriff dies, then we kill the people on the list. So my opinion is that there should be no death communication at all, just larkin saying "so and so was killed, a villiager".

In that case the "generate noise" plan is good.

IMO players should be able to PM a "will" to Larkin at any point, but obviously not edit it after death. He posts it whenever they die. Bingo bango bongo

Cool09
May 7 2013, 04:40:41 PM
Then the best play is for sheriff to sit there writing a new will every turn until death while we randomly kill eachother. Zzz

Cue1*
May 7 2013, 04:47:40 PM
Actually bent's idea isn't bad. If we all make noise as the sheriff, the sheriff gets a good smokecreen. If he dies, we can go back and check who he talked about, kind of an alway living will.

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 05:00:53 PM
Then the best play is for sheriff to sit there writing a new will every turn until death while we randomly kill eachother. Zzz

"sit there writing it" - you mean write like 10 words and press "Send"? Hardly a chore. Probably less effort than your post, in fact.

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 05:01:29 PM
Actually bent's idea isn't bad. If we all make noise as the sheriff, the sheriff gets a good smokecreen. If he dies, we can go back and check who he talked about, kind of an alway living will.

http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Hypo_Cop
Much like this.

Cool09
May 7 2013, 05:06:13 PM

"sit there writing it" - you mean write like 10 words and press "Send"? Hardly a chore. Probably less effort than your post, in fact.

Exactly my point :P

The "Zzz" was for boredom, not :too much effort:

Cool09
May 7 2013, 05:10:40 PM

Yes, that part is good if it's decided he can't leave a will.

However if we do this we better ALL go along with it making fake investigations, since if only a few of us do it, the maf will easily pick him out since there will be a short list of people who are 100% correct.

Nicho Void
May 7 2013, 05:16:09 PM

However if we do this we better ALL go along with it making fake investigations, since if only a few of us do it, the maf will easily pick him out since there will be a short list of people who are 100% correct.
Couple problems. This strategy will make the village completely dependent upon the sheriff. We'll be blind until the point at which he dies. If he dies early, we're no worse off. If he dies mid game, but hasn't found any/enough mafia, we're back to square one but now half the village is dead. If he dies late without knowing all/most of the mafia, it's still game over.

Basically, he has to find all the mafia early or we're fucked...and with everyone pretending to be the sheriff in order to protect the sheriff, he'll have no real leads for his investigations. Just blind picks.

Bentguru
May 7 2013, 05:47:00 PM
]

Not really my idea, it's the established meta game on the other forum I used to play on that used this ruleset.

Couple problems. This strategy will make the village completely dependent upon the sheriff. We'll be blind until the point at which he dies. If he dies early, we're no worse off. If he dies mid game, but hasn't found any/enough mafia, we're back to square one but now half the village is dead. If he dies late without knowing all/most of the mafia, it's still game over.

Basically, he has to find all the mafia early or we're fucked...and with everyone pretending to be the sheriff in order to protect the sheriff, he'll have no real leads for his investigations. Just blind picks.

I don't see how this would make the village completely dependent on the sheriff. Village should still be hunting mafia, and most of the fake-investigations are going to be innocent results (because the odds are more likely you fake an investigation on a villager target, not a mafia).

The way it usually goes in my experience is that the peeks are just subtly inserted into the thread, and then mostly ignored. Particularly guilty investigations are ignored unless the person sending them out is killed and revealed to the the sheriff. Sheriff generally lasts until mid-game until he gets whacked, village then gains some confirmed villagers and possibly one or so mafia, and we work off of that set of data points to find the rest. Usually the village won.

Nicho Void
May 7 2013, 06:41:57 PM
Fair enough.

LarkinAlpha
May 7 2013, 09:14:46 PM
15 Minutes until end of day.

Votes as they are right now:

Dark Flare 9 - Steph, Cheese, Flightly, LEgion, Lana, Varc, Thor, Nobody, Toxic
FMAR 6 - Cue, FMAR, Nicho, Quarantine, DarkFlare, Navigator
Cue 1 - Cullnean
Bentguru 1 - Cool09
Nicho 1 - Bent
Abstain 1 - Booms
Not Voted 1 - TMFD

Keep the discussion going, been very good for Day 1 on FHC.

TheManFromDelmonte
May 7 2013, 09:23:31 PM
I nearly forgot to vote. sorry :(

$FMAR

Flighty and booms are on my list of people being too quiet.

LarkinAlpha
May 7 2013, 09:35:47 PM
Day 1 ends with a successful lynching of Dark Flare. We've never seen that before. He was a Villager.

During the night Toxic is given a new pair of shoes, in stylish concrete, and really bad swimming lessons. He was a Villager.

You may both make 1 death post if you want a last word.

Day 1 Voting
Dark Flare 9 - Steph, Cheese, Flightly, Legion, Lana, Varc, Thor, Nobody, Toxic
FMAR 7 - Cue, FMAR, Nicho, Quarantine, DarkFlare, Navigator, TMFD
Cue 1 - Cullnean
Bentguru 1 - Cool09
Nicho 1 - Bent
Abstain 1 - Booms

Day 2 will end at 2300. Begin Day 2 and keep up the discussion so far, it's been quite good.

Toxic
May 7 2013, 09:37:39 PM
Bury us together beneath a grand oak tree. We will lie hand in hand for eternity, as we enjoy eachothers company in the next life, and the one after that.

Steph
May 7 2013, 09:47:10 PM
Bury us together beneath a grand oak tree. We will lie hand in hand for eternity, as we enjoy eachothers company in the next life, and the one after that.

http://onebit.us/x/i/L3kwVnQJUc.gif

Dark Flare
May 7 2013, 09:47:26 PM
So yeah, I was softclaiming Sheriff basically as blatantly as is possible and the town still didn't pick up on it. Good luck real Sheriff :lol:

Navigator Six
May 7 2013, 09:48:20 PM
Rest in peace, DF. I expect a wall of text as your death post, as is befitting your epic stature. Let his grave be marked: "he wrote not enough while he lived, and in death will leave rants yet unwritten."

Cheese nippels
May 7 2013, 09:53:30 PM
Pick random votist: $cool09

Quarantine
May 7 2013, 09:55:05 PM

He doesn't have to find all the mafia, he just has to survive. If he has a long enough list of innocents (and they still live), that will massively increase our odds as well. But yeah, if he gets offed early by the mafia or even lynched by us, we are at a huge disadvantage.
As for his investigating strategy, it's not completely random. Maybe he should choose the opposite of our lynching strategy: If we kill prolific players first (which I'm in favor of), he doesn't have to investigate them, as we lynch them anyway. If we do the opposite and remove the low-key players first, he should investigate high profile players. Basically he should investigate those that are most likely to survive the longest, so when he dies, the village gets as much information as possible. At this point identifying Dark Flare or FMAR is unnecessary for obvious reasons too, and I'd probably avoid anyone who has a high chance of getting bandwaggoned (like Boomtown).

Quarantine
May 7 2013, 09:57:50 PM
Oh, I missed the day being over. I'm sticking with $FMAR for next days vote.

Varcaus
May 7 2013, 10:12:50 PM
So yeah, I was softclaiming Sheriff basically as blatantly as is possible and the town still didn't pick up on it. Good luck real Sheriff :lol:

Throwing the game :TEARS:
Or we didn't give a fuck/belive you

Bentguru
May 7 2013, 11:19:53 PM
Hey guys, I investigated Lana and he was innocent.

Subtle eh?

Steph
May 7 2013, 11:30:47 PM

Throwing the game :TEARS:
Or we didn't give a fuck/belive you

I for one legitimately did not notice. >_> Sorry?

Dr.Boomtown
May 7 2013, 11:35:05 PM
clearly the mafia are those who started the bandwagon on dark knowing full well everybody else would follow and they would effectively get a free kill with little suspicion

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 11:42:26 PM
So day 2 begins. Fmar asked to die yesterday and we hit dark because it was funnier than hitting the obvious target, so today I guess we hit the obvious target. $FMAR

Tapaderpin

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 7 2013, 11:49:07 PM
So day 2 begins. Fmar asked to die yesterday and we hit dark because it was funnier than hitting the obvious target, so today I guess we hit the obvious target. $FMAR

Tapaderpin

The point I was trying to make was how bandwagoning the same people every game because of who they are OOG is fucking stupid. I didn't get a PM so I'm village. GG if you lynch me.

Varcaus
May 7 2013, 11:51:22 PM
No it's because drak posts walls of text and crys alot.

Lana Torrin
May 7 2013, 11:53:25 PM

Tapaderpin

The point I was trying to make was how bandwagoning the same people every game because of who they are OOG is fucking stupid. I didn't get a PM so I'm village. GG if you lynch me.

Claiming mafia even in jest on day 1 should get you lynched end if story. Not thinking lynching dark is funny is suspicious as fuck.

Tapaderpin

Dr.Boomtown
May 8 2013, 12:25:14 AM
No it's because drak posts walls of text and crys alot.

thats exactly what the mafia want you to think

Flightly
May 8 2013, 02:04:07 AM
It seems that I'm not the only quiet one on here though. I need to play over the summer when school is out. So after reading the thread, I'm discovering that there are quite a few that haven't said much on here. Granted, I can't figure out why everyone automatically jumps to the conclusion of "They don't talk much. Clearly they're mafia." Logic.....clearly not a strong suit of many.

Cool09
May 8 2013, 02:28:38 AM
First three votes for DF were 1. Cheese nips 2. Lana 3. Thorjak

Now was it random "vote DF lol" or was it a calculated maf move?

Lana Torrin
May 8 2013, 03:08:15 AM

Well if it was a "calculated mafia move" the village wins because they can only discuss who to bump off not tactics.

Have I said I dont like this no OOG talking rule today?

Cheese nippels
May 8 2013, 03:57:44 AM

Well if it was a "calculated mafia move" the village wins because they can only discuss who to bump off not tactics.

To be honest I just didn't like darkflare's sperging and i was going to vote for him everyday for the lols, but apparently loads of people also felt that way.

Also i'm not mafia.

Steph
May 8 2013, 04:35:13 AM
I legitimately thought he was mafia. >_>

Anyway, I'm convinced that FMAR isn't, for reasons I outlined yesterday.

Thorjak
May 8 2013, 08:23:34 AM
$Nobody_Holme

He attempted to abstain yesterday when it had already been pointed out that it was a pointless move, then switched to the bandwagon while claiming to regret it.

Lana Torrin
May 8 2013, 09:10:26 AM
$Nobody_Holme

He attempted to abstain yesterday when it had already been pointed out that it was a pointless move, then switched to the bandwagon while claiming to regret it.

Oh yeah. With logic like this we need to give the mafia even more help.

Tapaderpin

TheManFromDelmonte
May 8 2013, 09:39:56 AM
I remember Nobody_Holme using weird logic many times before. I think he was mafia then, but he may just have weird logic.
But, the only reason the mafia would have for doing something clever on day 1 is if the random person we targeted was mafia, and they weren't. I should go back through the votes but I don't think FMAR was a serious contender to beat DF at any point and so any "clever" we see in day 1 is meaningless.

FMAR, why exactly did you ask to be lynched yesterday? I don't understand it at all.

Navigator Six
May 8 2013, 09:44:55 AM
Voting Lana. He seems to be organizing the bloc vote which Booms pointed out as being quite suspicious.

People organizing votes are clearly evil! $Lana

Lana Torrin
May 8 2013, 10:41:20 AM
I remember Nobody_Holme using weird logic many times before. I think he was mafia then, but he may just have weird logic.
But, the only reason the mafia would have for doing something clever on day 1 is if the random person we targeted was mafia, and they weren't. I should go back through the votes but I don't think FMAR was a serious contender to beat DF at any point and so any "clever" we see in day 1 is meaningless.

FMAR, why exactly did you ask to be lynched yesterday? I don't understand it at all.

He either did it for the reason he said it he saw an opportunity to 'prove' he was a villager. No idea which is which but I say it's not worth the risk.

Tapaderpin

Quarantine
May 8 2013, 11:02:00 AM

Yeah ... only I suppose, if you were actually a villager, you wouldn't care about that point so much as to make it within a running game, but rather in a prep thread. This way only draws attention to yourself, and in a game where we don't have any clues that means you have to die unless we actually want to go ahead and lynch the lurkers randomly first. Since there seems to be no bloc forming to argue for that I say we kill prolific players first, give the sheriff a chance to investigate lurkers. That means you die, and if you are a villager, Lana dies next, and then maybe Steph for not being overly constructive in the strategy discussion, and then we'll see.

Thorjak
May 8 2013, 11:08:19 AM

Actually the order was Cheese, Varc, Nico, Steph, Lana, Myself.

Details guys, details.

Have I said I dont like this no OOG talking rule today?[/QUOTE]

Thorjak
May 8 2013, 11:10:43 AM
[QUOTE=Cool09;790456]First three votes for DF were 1. Cheese nips 2. Lana 3. Thorjak

Actually the order was Cheese, Varc, Nico, Steph, Lana, Myself.

Details guys, details.

[Fixed quotes from above post]

Steph
May 8 2013, 12:22:23 PM

Yeah ... only I suppose, if you were actually a villager, you wouldn't care about that point so much as to make it within a running game, but rather in a prep thread. This way only draws attention to yourself, and in a game where we don't have any clues that means you have to die – unless we actually want to go ahead and lynch the lurkers randomly first. Since there seems to be no bloc forming to argue for that I say we kill prolific players first, give the sheriff a chance to investigate lurkers. That means you die, and if you are a villager, Lana dies next, and then maybe Steph for not being overly constructive in the strategy discussion, and then we'll see.

What strategy discussion? There are no power roles to speak of except Sheriff. The game at this point is a game of randomly lynching people until some kind of pattern emerges and hoping that by that time the mafia don't control the vote.

Nobody_Holme
May 8 2013, 01:19:50 PM
Because the second one on the bandwagon is often mafia, and I have nowt else to go on (other than people trying to lynch me for wierd logic, which as mentioned, I have all the time, partially because i'm wierd, partially because its cover for when I AM mafia, which may or may not be the case, i've only been lynched when a villager, so...) $Varc

Lana Torrin
May 8 2013, 01:26:26 PM
Because the second one on the bandwagon is often mafia, and I have nowt else to go on (other than people trying to lynch me for wierd logic, which as mentioned, I have all the time, partially because i'm wierd, partially because its cover for when I AM mafia, which may or may not be the case, i've only been lynched when a villager, so...) $Varc

Can only mafia please claim mafia from now on, its hard enough without all this.

Lana Torrin
May 8 2013, 01:26:35 PM

Can only mafia please claim mafia from now on, its hard enough without all this.

Navigator Six
May 8 2013, 01:43:45 PM
Well, good work not bandwagoning (bandwagonning?) so far this round, some exceptions for FMAR-bashing withstanding.

Nicho Void
May 8 2013, 02:41:59 PM
$Nobody_Holme

Oh yeah. With logic like this we need to give the mafia even more help.
Anyone attempting to suppress discussion is a hindrance to the village.

$Lana Torrin

Varcaus
May 8 2013, 02:52:27 PM

If it was after the first day that might work. But it was day one so I wanted dark lynched for shits and giggles

Quarantine
May 8 2013, 02:53:06 PM

Yeah ... only I suppose, if you were actually a villager, you wouldn't care about that point so much as to make it within a running game, but rather in a prep thread. This way only draws attention to yourself, and in a game where we don't have any clues that means you have to die unless we actually want to go ahead and lynch the lurkers randomly first. Since there seems to be no bloc forming to argue for that I say we kill prolific players first, give the sheriff a chance to investigate lurkers. That means you die, and if you are a villager, Lana dies next, and then maybe Steph for not being overly constructive in the strategy discussion, and then we'll see.

What strategy discussion? There are no power roles to speak of except Sheriff. The game at this point is a game of randomly lynching people until some kind of pattern emerges and hoping that by that time the mafia don't control the vote.

As I've pointed out, it isn't random. Even if you insist that posting in this thread and us discussing offers no clues at all, which I think is wrong, we have some means of trying to protect our sheriff by giving him room to hide and place clues. We also have at least two basic approaches to lynching (by profile), which sort of cuts the village in two camps of potential targets for lynching and gives the sheriff room to investigate the other, thereby increasing our chances to lynch and identify mafia members. And by following the last thread and your posting record I know for sure that you understand all of that perfectly well, so you trying to argue it away half-heartedly makes you more than suspicious.

That's why you are on the list of people we should kill: Lana and FMAR for posting notoriety and probably not being sheriff, you for suspicious behavior, and Boomtown, because a bandwaggon on him is highly likely anyway and thus he is a bad target for identification by the sheriff. I'm unsure about Bent, because he outlined some basic strategies pretty well, but a very clever mafia player might actually do that to increase his chances of survival. I have a notion that in a game without oog coordination by the mafia, the mafia players might actually play more for their own survival than that of the entire group, so we should expect some erratic behavior by single players. Maybe more so than usual, that is.

cullnean
May 8 2013, 03:33:55 PM
No oog chat is shit

Kill me

Tapatalk 2

Nicho Void
May 8 2013, 03:52:23 PM
Anyone else want to take their ball and go home?

TheManFromDelmonte
May 8 2013, 04:25:32 PM
I'm unsure about Bent, because he outlined some basic strategies pretty well, but a very clever mafia player might actually do that to increase his chances of survival.

On FHC putting forward sensible strategies isn't a good way to survive.

I like your argument against Steph, you're right he is good at the game and I think he's joining in the despondency to make the town think it can't win.
$Steph

Varcaus
May 8 2013, 04:56:47 PM
No oog chat is shit

Kill me

Tapatalk 2
Christ just quit and stop wasteing days

Cue1*
May 8 2013, 05:01:14 PM
$Steph

Thorjak
May 8 2013, 06:10:40 PM
I'm unsure about Bent, because he outlined some basic strategies pretty well, but a very clever mafia player might actually do that to increase his chances of survival.

I like your argument against Steph, you're right he is good at the game and I think he's joining in the despondency to make the town think it can't win.
$Steph

Maybe he's just advocating playing as if we have no Sheriff till we get a death report/The Sheriff goes public. It's not exactly despondency, more like a realistic strategy that we'll have to do things the hard way.. poking at possible mafia till something falls out.

Cool09
May 8 2013, 06:10:53 PM
$Lana

Quarantine
May 8 2013, 06:54:31 PM

$Steph

Maybe he's just advocating playing as if we have no Sheriff till we get a death report/The Sheriff goes public. It's not exactly despondency, more like a realistic strategy that we'll have to do things the hard way.. poking at possible mafia till something falls out.

Possibly, but I'm led to believe that he is the kind of guy who would explicitly state it like that. I'm switching my vote from $FMAR (who we should also kill) to $steph.

Steph
May 8 2013, 08:27:14 PM
See, normally this is where I'd hatch a clever gambit to either get myself off the hook, or if nothing else divert suspicion away from my mafia pals, but I can't do that because of no OOG comms. Alas, the bandwagon is already well underway with sound arguments under its wheels.

$Steph

TheManFromDelmonte
May 8 2013, 08:34:23 PM
See, normally this is where I'd hatch a clever gambit to either get myself off the hook, or if nothing else divert suspicion away from my mafia pals, but I can't do that because of no OOG comms. Alas, the bandwagon is already well underway with sound arguments under its wheels.

$Steph

he looks pretty despondent to me.

LarkinAlpha
May 8 2013, 09:00:54 PM
No oog chat is shit

Kill me

Tapatalk 2

If you want to stop playing type "I want out of the game Larkin" and magically, you can stop playing and I'll replace you with the first PM I get. This, of course, is bad for the mafia as it's very unlikely that a Power Role will want to quit like that.

$Steph

This vote ties Steph for first for lynching. :psyduck:

1 Hour remaining, and most of the Mafia have been quiet in PMs.

Day 2 Voting so Far:

Steph 4 - Cue, Steph, TMFD, Quara
Lana 4 - Legion, Cool09, Nicho, Navigator
FMAR 1 - Lana
Cool09 1 - Cheese
Varc 1 - Nobody
Nobody 1 - Thor
Have not voted yet 6 - Flightly, FMAR, Varc, Bent, Booms, Cull

Going to double check the voting to make sure it's right.

Varcaus
May 8 2013, 09:03:03 PM
$steph

Steph
May 8 2013, 09:03:42 PM
Holy shit really?

That's...a rather embarrassing miscount on my part.

Varcaus
May 8 2013, 09:07:21 PM
Holy shit really?

What were you hoping for then?

Dr.Boomtown
May 8 2013, 09:07:55 PM
puttin my vote in for$Steph

Steph
May 8 2013, 09:09:41 PM
Holy shit really?

What were you hoping for then?

I'd miscounted and was under the impression I was already in the lead, and thus this close to the end-of-day my fate was inevitable.

Turns out, nope, my vote was the tie vote :psyduck:

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 8 2013, 09:12:21 PM
$Lanatorrin$

Cause she's trying to bandwagon me. It hurts. :|

Varcaus
May 8 2013, 09:13:20 PM
$Lanatorrin$

Cause she's trying to bandwagon me. It hurts. :|

1 person is a bandwagon?

cullnean
May 8 2013, 09:22:37 PM
$lana

Tapatalk 2

LarkinAlpha
May 8 2013, 10:01:59 PM
Day 2 rounds to a close and the village cannot decide who to Lynch, Steph or Lana. Both are ok.

At the start of the next Day Cue1* is found naked, spread eagle in an alley off of the Red Light district. There is smeared lipstick on his face, and poison is suspected. He was a Villager. You can, of course, make 1 death post Cue.

Day 2 Voting
FMAR 1 - Lana
Cool09 1 - Cheese
Varc 1 - Nobody
Nobody 1 - Thor

Today will end 30 minutes early, 930 Forum time or 2230 GMT. Begin Day 3.

Quarantine
May 8 2013, 10:28:53 PM
Kill $steph. If he's mafia, kill Lana, FMAR, cullnean and bent for tying the vote.

Thorjak
May 8 2013, 11:14:35 PM
At the start of the next Day Cue1* is found naked, spread eagle in an alley off of the Red Light district. There is smeared lipstick on his face, and poison is suspected. He was a Villager. You can, of course, make 1 death post Cue.

Sorry Cue, you were on my list of mafia suspects. But any day where the Sheriff doesn't get lynched or whacked is a good day. I guess it's impossible to deal in absolutes but I'm leaning towards Steph being innocent, I've not really got a read on Lana yet.

Lana Torrin
May 8 2013, 11:50:01 PM

But any day where the Sheriff doesn't get lynched or whacked is a good day.

Anyone pinning their hopes on the sheriff this game is playing wrong.

Tapaderpin

TheManFromDelmonte
May 8 2013, 11:57:09 PM

You mean 2230 BST right?
<- time pedant

LarkinAlpha
May 9 2013, 12:03:02 AM

You mean 2230 BST right?
<- time pedant

Half an hour earlier than it ended today. How does that work?

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 9 2013, 12:04:18 AM
$Steph$

Dude is suspect.

Lana Torrin
May 9 2013, 12:08:11 AM
$Steph$

Dude is suspect.

Fuck it, doing a backflip today and backing fmar as the village clearly said I was wrong. $steps

Tapaderpin

TheManFromDelmonte
May 9 2013, 12:10:55 AM

You mean 2230 BST right?
<- time pedant

The UK put the clocks forward one hour in spring, it's now summer time (daylight savings) aka British Summer Time. The forum is on GMT (or UTC).
I'm being a dick, I think everyone understands. I've just spent so much time trying to organise meetings across time zones I have a feeling of dread when someone mentions GMT / EST etc.
Much better to say "London time" or "New York time".

anyway, mafia. If Lana and Steph are mafia that would be....remarkably lucky. And a little odd no one tried to push forward a third option.

Cue1*
May 9 2013, 12:22:28 AM
Soo, as my death post, kill flightly. She's not doing anything but reading this thread all day.

Steph
May 9 2013, 12:29:17 AM
Kill $steph. If he's mafia, kill Lana, FMAR, cullnean and bent for tying the vote.

In accordance with the above, $Lana.

Sorry Cue, you were on my list of mafia suspects. But any day where the Sheriff doesn't get lynched or whacked is a good day. I guess it's impossible to deal in absolutes but I'm leaning towards Steph being innocent, I've not really got a read on Lana yet.

Thorjak
May 9 2013, 01:57:01 AM

You missed the bus wheels by about 2cm. How is that not village?

Thorjak
May 9 2013, 02:00:08 AM
$flightly

I reckon it's a safe (Consumer warning: Your definition of safe may vary) lynch. And because Cue asked so nicely.

LarkinAlpha
May 9 2013, 02:09:13 AM

You mean 2230 BST right?
<- time pedant

The UK put the clocks forward one hour in spring, it's now summer time (daylight savings) aka British Summer Time. The forum is on GMT (or UTC).
I'm being a dick, I think everyone understands. I've just spent so much time trying to organise meetings across time zones I have a feeling of dread when someone mentions GMT / EST etc.
Much better to say "London time" or "New York time".

430 Chi Town Time then. :-P

Nobody_Holme
May 9 2013, 02:12:25 AM
I'm honestly not sure, but meh. $Lana

If mafia, kill steph because no sheriff would do that, and he might be feigning innocence when he deliberately tied it up.

Also, I'm now actively trying to save flightly for the amusement value.

Cheese nippels
May 9 2013, 02:25:28 AM
$Cool09

Lana Torrin
May 9 2013, 02:43:49 AM
Soo, as my death post, kill flightly. She's not doing anything but reading this thread all day.

If shes reading it all day ask her to reply as to why she didn't vote and isn't participating in the discussion.

Steph
May 9 2013, 02:47:27 AM
Wouldn't Cue's knowing that technically count as out of game communication?

LarkinAlpha
May 9 2013, 03:31:06 AM

Not since he's dead and can't share it.

Lana Torrin
May 9 2013, 03:51:07 AM

i would have thought yes. Its info we wouldn't have otherwise had (ie, shes reading the thread but not posting and didn't vote)

Thorjak
May 9 2013, 03:56:44 AM

i would have thought yes. Its info we wouldn't have otherwise had (ie, shes reading the thread but not posting and didn't vote)

No big deal, we can't do much about it, and it's not entirely unexpected.

Navigator Six
May 9 2013, 06:49:46 AM
I'd kinda be inclined to go with either of the two people who voted more or less at the last minute. Them's sketchy mafia-style tactics.

Quarantine
May 9 2013, 08:29:28 AM
Day 2 Voting
FMAR 1 - Lana
Cool09 1 - Cheese
Varc 1 - Nobody
Nobody 1 - Thor

There's a couple of people that need to die now. Steph and Lana both had a chance to kill each other by giving their vote to the other respectively, yet they didn't do that and instead pushed for a tie. Since Steph pointed out that we can only kill randoms, he didn't want to do that and has no apparent reason to save Lana, we can only assume he knows his identity. It's a possibility that he is the sheriff, but that doesn't combine with Lana saving Steph. FMAR, cullnean, flightly and bent are extremely suspicious for their last minute votes and abstaining, constructing a tie. That would be a pretty obvious mafia play, but since they can't coordinate they don't have the means to make up any subtle plots, mafia plays might just be very obvious. So we should check that theory out by killing steph, we don't have much else to go on at this point.

Lana Torrin
May 9 2013, 08:58:28 AM
Day 2 Voting
FMAR 1 - Lana
Cool09 1 - Cheese
Varc 1 - Nobody
Nobody 1 - Thor

There's a couple of people that need to die now. Steph and Lana both had a chance to kill each other by giving their vote to the other respectively, yet they didn't do that and instead pushed for a tie. Since Steph pointed out that we can only kill randoms, he didn't want to do that and has no apparent reason to save Lana, we can only assume he knows his identity. It's a possibility that he is the sheriff, but that doesn't combine with Lana saving Steph. FMAR, cullnean, flightly and bent are extremely suspicious for their last minute votes and abstaining, constructing a tie. That would be a pretty obvious mafia play, but since they can't coordinate they don't have the means to make up any subtle plots, mafia plays might just be very obvious. So we should check that theory out by killing steph, we don't have much else to go on at this point.

I cant late vote. When I went to bed last night Steph was winning and I was hoping people would see why I was trying to get FMAR killed. When I woke up this morning it was a draw. You can kill me for being in a crappy timezone for this game if you want, but at least have the sense to realize swapping votes at the last second is not always possible.

TheManFromDelmonte
May 9 2013, 09:49:33 AM
I cant late vote. When I went to bed last night Steph was winning and I was hoping people would see why I was trying to get FMAR killed. When I woke up this morning it was a draw. You can kill me for being in a crappy timezone for this game if you want, but at least have the sense to realize swapping votes at the last second is not always possible.

This seems fair enough. But, Steph did see he'd tied the vote and still did nothing about it. $Steph

TheManFromDelmonte
May 9 2013, 09:50:50 AM

You can't help knowing these things. We have to trust them that they're not discussing the game actively, and as he's posted it here that makes it as in game as it can be.
I'm fine with it.

Lana Torrin
May 9 2013, 10:43:40 AM

This seems fair enough. But, Steph did see he'd tied the vote and still did nothing about it. $Steph

Wait.. Explain that logic again? I didn't kill Steph because I cant late vote, but Steph didn't switch his vote from himself to someone else so that I would die, causing a tie, so we therefor must be both mafia.. Except that im not because I just explained I cant late vote.. So Steph is mafia for not having me killed?

Or do you believe we are both mafia?

Nobody_Holme
May 9 2013, 11:14:33 AM
Your suspicious action is dodgy, but explained.

His is just dodgy.

TheManFromDelmonte
May 9 2013, 12:11:21 PM

Wait.. Explain that logic again? I didn't kill Steph because I cant late vote, but Steph didn't switch his vote from himself to someone else so that I would die, causing a tie, so we therefor must be both mafia.. Except that im not because I just explained I cant late vote.. So Steph is mafia for not having me killed?

huh, I'm slow today. I see what you mean.
yes I guess I do, or that steph wanted us to think that at least. Poor play by him either way, and if the village can't act consistent what chance do we have?

Navigator Six
May 9 2013, 12:17:11 PM

huh, I'm slow today. I see what you mean.
yes I guess I do, or that steph wanted us to think that at least. Poor play by him either way, and if the village can't act consistent what chance do we have?

Heh, Delmonte didn't say Lana isn't mafia, just that Lana hasn't given himself away by not late-voting (assuming Lana's telling the truth, which of course is a ridiculous assumption).

TheManFromDelmonte
May 9 2013, 12:54:57 PM
Heh, Delmonte didn't say Lana isn't mafia, just that Lana hasn't given himself away by not late-voting (assuming Lana's telling the truth, which of course is a ridiculous assumption).

Steph would have no reason to attempt the tie if lana and steph weren't both mafia. That's her (correct) point.

Dr.Boomtown
May 9 2013, 01:12:53 PM
$steph

Quarantine
May 9 2013, 01:26:15 PM

Steph would have no reason to attempt the tie if lana and steph weren't both mafia. That's her (correct) point.

He would, if he was convinced that Lana was innocent. That would however very strongly imply that he is the sheriff, and the mafia will kill him if he wasn't one of them. He also tried for a tie when there were still a lot of votes outstanding, which only makes sense if he knew how at least some of the rest would vote. The only ones who can plan with outstanding votes in anyway are the mafia, villagers can't and the sheriff can only partially, because he can't predict the villagers vote. If the mafia had mostly not voted at that point, they would have the means to force a tie in the end, which I think is what they did. The ability to coordinate their voting, even without oog communication, is their biggest advantage, so I think that most of them delayed for as long as possible. Flightly and bent abstaining is suspicious, because it also implies that they weren't interested in seeing any lynching today.

Lana not switching his vote to steph is still rather suspicious. My lynch order would currently be: kill steph and if he is mafia, kill Lana, cullnean, FMAR, flightly, bent. There will be a couple of innocents among them, but I'm almost certain that's at least the better part of the mafia gang. If steph is innocent, tough luck, we're back to square one. That's a risk we should take.

Navigator Six
May 9 2013, 01:58:23 PM
$steph

Verbose sucker, ent ya?

I'm sure I'll regret this later. $steph

cullnean
May 9 2013, 02:23:30 PM
$lana

Derps is strong in this one

Tapatalk 2

LarkinAlpha
May 9 2013, 02:31:09 PM
$steph

Booms you need to post more, you'll be on my shitlist tomorrow otherwise.

Also to clear up the Mafia OOG communication. They cannot talk about how they are voting for the lynches. They can give a reason(s) for their Mafia vote though.

Steph
May 9 2013, 02:40:35 PM
$steph

Also to clear up the Mafia OOG communication. They cannot talk about how they are voting for the lynches. They can give a reason(s) for their Mafia vote though.

So no discussion of strategy, except where such discussion pertains to strategy? :psyduck:

TBH wishy-washyness on this issue is only going to further muddle the matter. Either allow OOG communication or don't.

Nicho Void
May 9 2013, 02:43:15 PM
$steph

So no discussion of strategy, except where such discussion pertains to strategy? :psyduck:

TBH wishy-washyness on this issue is only going to further muddle the matter. Either allow OOG communication or don't.
Get out.

$steph

LarkinAlpha
May 9 2013, 02:54:15 PM
$steph

How is my statement wishy-washy? Please, point it out clearer so I can refute it.

1) No discussion of how mafia are going to Vote during the lynch, or discussion of what they are trying to do in the thread.
2) Yes to short discussion of mafia secret votes, which only pertain to the secret voting itself.

So far there hasn't been anything that has broken those statements.

QuackBot
May 9 2013, 04:00:12 PM
lana , they're probably both mafia tbh
Tbh as long as they're not insanely hoppy.

Cool09
May 9 2013, 06:17:15 PM
$steph

Let's not let it tie this time folks.

LarkinAlpha
May 9 2013, 07:00:07 PM
Day 3 ends in 210 minutes.

Day 3 Voting
Steph 7 - FMAR, Lana, Cool09, Nicho, TMFD, Booms, Navigator
Flightly 1 - Thor
Cool09 1 - Cheese
Not Voted Yet 4 - Flightly, Varc, Bent, Quara

Flightly
May 9 2013, 07:44:29 PM

I think Steph was just looking for a quick way out, not that I'd blame him there. However, no reason to off him. cool09

Cool09
May 9 2013, 08:03:46 PM
... And your reason for offing me is?

Bentguru
May 9 2013, 08:14:27 PM
Steph

Sorry I stopped paying attention for a few days, while I don't think mafia routinely vote themselves I kind of agree with the reasoning previously laid out as to why Steph might have done it as a mafia player.

I'll try and be more active in the future

Cool09
May 9 2013, 08:21:35 PM
Both steph and Lana have people defending them, deflecting heat off of them. If either of them is maf it will reveal more. As quara says they need to go.

LarkinAlpha
May 9 2013, 08:30:14 PM
1 Hour to go.

Day 3 Voting
Steph 8 - FMAR, Lana, Cool09, Bent, Nicho, TMFD, Booms, Navigator
Flightly 1 - Thor
Not Voted Yet 2 - Varc, Quara

Quarantine
May 9 2013, 09:07:01 PM
1 Hour to go.

Day 3 Voting
Steph 8 - FMAR, Lana, Cool09, Bent, Nicho, TMFD, Booms, Navigator
Flightly 1 - Thor
Not Voted Yet 2 - Varc, Quara

I renewed my vote on steph right after the end of the last day, but to make sure: $steph

Varcaus
May 9 2013, 09:15:43 PM
$steph again

LarkinAlpha
May 9 2013, 09:32:44 PM
Day 3 rounds to a close, and Steph is lynched. His rooms are searched through and Toxic's wallet is found! Steph was Mafia!

During the Night, TMFD is abducted from his home by 3 hooded figures and shot through the back of the head. He was a villager, and his name was TMFD.

You may both make 1 Death Post.

Day 3 Voting
Flightly 1 - Thor

Day 4 will end at 10pm Forum time (aka normal time). Good job getting one of the Mafia. Begin Day 4.

Varcaus
May 9 2013, 09:34:07 PM
Nbs

Toxic
May 9 2013, 09:40:08 PM
Day 3 rounds to a close, and Steph is lynched. His rooms are searched through and Toxic's wallet is found! Steph was Mafia!

Use the money to plant some flowers on top of Dorkflares and mines grave, thanks!

Cool09
May 9 2013, 09:46:30 PM
Now on to the people defending Steph.

Lana. Steph split the vote to save Lana, only reason to do that is to save another maf member. Flightly and cheese nips are right up there on the shit list.

$Lana

Varcaus
May 9 2013, 09:48:12 PM
Sounds fair enough $lana

Quarantine
May 9 2013, 09:49:06 PM
Day 3 rounds to a close, and Steph is lynched. His rooms are searched through and Toxic's wallet is found! Steph was Mafia

Would've been really awkward if he had been the sheriff. Lynch $Lana next, no good reason for steph to tie the vote if Lana had been a villager. I sort of buy Bent's excuse of not paying attention, so I moved him back on my personal kill list and flighty moved up for blaming cool and defending steph for no good reason. After Lana I'd say we go cullean, flightly, FMAR, bent.

Bentguru
May 9 2013, 10:40:54 PM
$Lana

I don't see how steph would vote himself and cause a tie without lana being mafia here.

Steph
May 9 2013, 10:54:02 PM

During the Night, TMFD is abducted from his home by 3 hooded figures and shot through the back of the head. He was a villager, and his name was TMFD.

You may both make 1 Death Post.

Day 3 Voting
Flightly 1 - Thor

Day 4 will end at 10pm Forum time (aka normal time). Good job getting one of the Mafia. Begin Day 4.

Hang me now or hang me later
Every badposter to his sport
Death to each and every hater
I renounce this People's Court

Thorjak
May 9 2013, 10:58:30 PM
I guess I'll join the bandwagon. Like I mentioned earlier I really don't know about $Lana, but I thought Steph was a villager so WTH do I know.

Lana Torrin
May 9 2013, 11:03:18 PM
yeah I voted for steph knowing I was going to get hit next when he was found to be mafia.

$flighty because of idle and because cue ha been doing OOG comms.

TheManFromDelmonte
May 9 2013, 11:13:26 PM
Good luck town!
Don't listen to all the people saying it can't be down with no oog communication, they're evil mafia :D

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 9 2013, 11:28:30 PM
$Quarantine$

Suspecting me is suspect.

Nicho Void
May 10 2013, 12:52:58 AM
Easy. $Lana

Cheese nippels
May 10 2013, 01:24:48 AM
$Lana? is the bandwagon for the day, and it worked yesterday.
I still think cool09 is mafia though.

Lana Torrin
May 10 2013, 01:40:03 AM
i don't think I'm going to be able to talk you guys out of this, so GG Steph, your death was worth something.

Nobody_Holme
May 10 2013, 02:28:07 AM
Well, I thought steph was clean, so i'm going to ignore my instincts and stick to $lana for today.

Feel free to kill me for defending steph, its reasonable.

LarkinAlpha
May 10 2013, 03:22:58 AM
So I think I've figured out what to do upon the Sheriff's death.

On a Lynch, I think I'll reveal the names of who they investigated, and the numbers of the results. This doesn't directly come out and say who is who, but can lead people in the right direction.

On a Mafia kill, they destroy all the notes. So nothing gets shared.

Comments and thoughts are appreciated.

cullnean
May 10 2013, 03:34:04 AM
Clearly $lana still

Tapatalk 2

Lana Torrin
May 10 2013, 03:41:58 AM

On a Lynch, I think I'll reveal the names of who they investigated, and the numbers of the results. This doesn't directly come out and say who is who, but can lead people in the right direction.

Completely from a game point of view I think no info at all. We have never done this in the past. the village will just have to go on the hints given by the sheriff.

Steph
May 10 2013, 04:25:21 AM

So...using this rule, the Village actually wants to lynch a Sheriff?

Lana Torrin
May 10 2013, 04:30:15 AM

Yep, thats why i said better off no info and you can only go on what the sheriff was hinting at. No incentive to bump the sheriff off and a bigger incentive to keep them alive. (Alternatively reveal everything on death either way, which I don't like but its at least consistent)

LarkinAlpha
May 10 2013, 04:57:57 AM

Good point, but it was more aimed at an accidental lynch. You would rather have the Sheriff alive and looking than dead and not no matter what.

Maybe just reveal the names of the players that the Sheriff was looking into, and not the results?

Steph
May 10 2013, 05:42:57 AM
With the exception of the last name on the list you can assume with some certainty that those players were not mafia, otherwise the sheriff would have said something.

If I were Sheriff I'd make a point of not voting to lynch anyone except players I'd had a confirmed Mafia result for. Then if I should die, the village can cross-reference the list of names I investigated with the much smaller list of people I voted for during previous days.

Quarantine
May 10 2013, 06:16:31 AM
yeah I voted for steph knowing I was going to get hit next when he was found to be mafia.

$flighty because of idle and because cue ha been doing OOG comms.

I'm very certain you're mafia due to how the vote went, if that was orchestrated by the mafia to make you suspicious I'd say it was a brilliant move. But since there is no mafia communication, I doubt the mafia can come up with a brilliant plan just by thinking along the same lines, constructing a tie vote to indicate the people involved. That's too sophisticated to get done without coordinating, but I suppose it could have happened by chance. Just know that you accusing flightly makes her even more suspicious either way, however much suspicious she already is. The arguments her are sound, and a mafia player indicating her to be mafia doesn't make her seem innocent.

$Quarantine$

Suspecting me is suspect.

So did Lana. I poked at you at the beginning mainly to see what happens, and steph came to defend you. He made two postings about believing you innocent and both weren't that compelling. If Lana is mafia you move down the kill list some, but you are still on there for your affiliation with steph.

Clearly $lana still

Shut up, you tied the Lana / Steph vote, being the last to vote on that day, and haven't put forward any good explanation for it. If Lana is mafia, so are you.

Lana Torrin
May 10 2013, 06:25:52 AM
If Lana is mafia you move down the kill list some

So does that mean if in not mafia FMAR moves up the list? I really don't think that should be the case.

I'm telling you guys outright, flighty has got to be mafia. No one reads this thread all day and doesn't comment and forget to vote. She knows how we run and ignore people that don't vote so that's what she is doing. I mean hell, Nicho was accused of being mafia for this very reason a couple of turns ago but hes at least posting now so I highly doubt he is mafia...

Navigator Six
May 10 2013, 06:58:20 AM
Nice work getting a mafia! Tho methinks said mafia should stop posting and feed some worms.

LarkinAlpha
May 10 2013, 07:33:17 AM
Nice work getting a mafia! Tho methinks said mafia should stop posting and feed some worms.

He was mainly talking with me about something fairly important, IE what constitutes too much in a death post for the Sheriff?

Still thinking about it, though I'm leaning towards not letting the Sheriff post anything really... hrmm.

Dr.Boomtown
May 10 2013, 10:52:49 AM
$Lana

Lana Torrin
May 10 2013, 11:26:58 AM
Village needs to worry about the mafia turning peoples words against the village as well.. I see that being a real issue later in the game.

Quarantine
May 10 2013, 02:45:13 PM
Village needs to worry about the mafia turning peoples words against the village as well.. I see that being a real issue later in the game.

Not sure this is going to be a problem. I think we can get at least 1–2 mafia more with the Steph/Lana vote fuckup and it might draw out a little afterwards, but even without the sheriff's help this should work out in our favor anyway.

As for you and FMAR, looking at the voting patterns, you two started a vote war with each other, and I think it unlikely that you would do that so early in the game without at least one of you having a good motive for it. You have offered none so far and FMAR's voting pattern switching to me is very dodgy. As I'm a villager, we can certainly rule out that FMAR is the sheriff. If you are the sheriff you would have probably said so by now, because you already have a majority of lynch votes so far (I think) and the bandwagon is very certain on you. That means either both of you are mafia, and you started this to give each other some sort of smoke screen if the other dies (i.e., Lana must be innocent because he went for FMAR). Or, one of you is mafia and the other is innocent, in which case there is a chance that FMAR is innocent if you are guilty.

Also, I post too much and you guys post too little. You need to get some explanations out for your voting behavior, so we can try to figure out the inconsistencies. If me and Lana get killed and the thread slowly dies you won't have much information to go on in the late game, and you will have a very hard time figuring out the silent mafia members. We have to assume at least 1–2 mafia are among those who contributed next to nothing in terms of text, and there are so many silent people by now that it's really easy to hide among them.

Nicho Void
May 10 2013, 03:03:07 PM
Regarding the Sheriff's last post: You need to make up your mind on the ruling right now, as it clearly effects on going strategy. Personally, if other people are allowed to make final posts, I don't see why he can't.

Nobody_Holme
May 10 2013, 03:11:10 PM
I'd say for this game he should be able to make a post with everything regardless of situation, and in future games, mafia kill victims dont get a deathpost, while lynch victims can scream something out while being nailed to the tree, or whatever.

*shrug*

Thorjak
May 10 2013, 03:21:07 PM
Now on to the people defending Steph.

Lana. Steph split the vote to save Lana, only reason to do that is to save another maf member. Flightly and cheese nips are right up there on the shit list.

$Lana

I think you should look closely at fmar as well. He's been playing completely out of whack all game. It might just to be 'different' but it's not working and it's not helpful. Cullnean also seems to be out to create noise rather than hunt mafia.

Flightly should probably go just for sheer inactivity. No clue about Cheese, but he's all over the place too.

If I got to choose who to lynch after Lana it would be FMAR.

LarkinAlpha
May 10 2013, 03:55:54 PM
Day 4 Voting

Lana 11 - Cheese, Legion, Cool09, Varc, Bent, Thor, Nicho, Booms, Quara, Nobody, Cull
Flightly 1 - Lana
Quara 1 - FMAR
Not Voted 2 - Flightly, Navigator

As far as the Sheriff, I will let them make a death post with the people they investigated, any reasons why they chose them and in what order, but not the results (as per the "No posting logs" rule). That seems like the fairest way to do it, plus it encourages the Sheriff to post in the thread.

If they get wacked by the Mafia, the death post cannot contain information though.

I'll be doing stuff this afternoon, so I might be late. I don't plan on it, but if I haven't updated by midnight, it'll be shortly afterwards. Also, here's notice, there has been a lack of participation today, 1 more day of that and I'm going to be removing some people from play. I will be listing names at the day switch.

Navigator Six
May 10 2013, 06:09:14 PM
Weeell, I guess it'll have to be $Lana with the mob; can't fault the logic. I'll pick you out a nice spot Lana, next to Toxic and Steph, and water the flowers.

Toxic
May 10 2013, 08:43:32 PM
As far as the Sheriff, I will let them make a death post with the people they investigated, any reasons why they chose them and in what order, but not the results (as per the "No posting logs" rule). That seems like the fairest way to do it, plus it encourages the Sheriff to post in the thread.

If they get wacked by the Mafia, the death post cannot contain information though.

This has little to no effect tho. Any sheriff worth his salt would post that information (and more) before the lynch deadline. What you are effectively saying is "if you are stupid and make an FMAR, you get one last chance".

Toxic
May 10 2013, 08:44:48 PM
Weeell, I guess it'll have to be $Lana with the mob; can't fault the logic. I'll pick you out a nice spot Lana, next to Toxic and Steph, and water the flowers.

OI! No Lanas in my private grave. Dorkflare and I require some alone time.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 10 2013, 09:48:21 PM
God damn Ghost powerroles.

LarkinAlpha
May 10 2013, 10:05:34 PM
Toxic, stop posting of the second type, the first is allowed.

Going to re-read the day and come up with a list of people who are in danger of being removed from the game.

Day is officially over though.

LarkinAlpha
May 10 2013, 10:15:22 PM
Day 4 rounds to a close with a successful lynch of Lana. Afterwards a cursory search of her Wallet shows a Sheriff's Badge. Oh well, better luck next time.

Varcaus does not show up for the town meeting the next day. He was a Villager.

You may both make a death post, and as was discussed, Lana may share who she investigated, but not the results.

Day 4 Voting
Lana 12 - Cheese, Legion, Cool09, Varc, Bent, Thor, Nicho, Booms, Quara, Nobody, Cull, Navigator
Flightly 1 - Lana
Quara 1 - FMAR
Not Voted 1 - Flightly

People in danger of being removed from play.

Booms - Just voting
Cull - Just voting
Flightly - Not posting anything

Nicho was on the list but then replied to my questions. If you are on this list, if you do not post a minimum amount today, you will be removed at the end of the day, to the detriment of your side. If you no longer want to play, ask, and I'll attempt to replace you.

Begin Day 5.

Thorjak
May 10 2013, 10:22:59 PM
This has little to no effect tho. Any sheriff worth his salt would post that information (and more) before the lynch deadline. What you are effectively saying is "if you are stupid and make an FMAR, you get one last chance".

Yep.

Thorjak
May 10 2013, 10:25:55 PM
Before we offed our Sheriff he voted for DF, FMAR, Flightly and Steph. Not necessarily in that order. I'll wait for his deathpost assuming there is one but I haven't read anything that changes my mind from yesterday.

Quarantine
May 10 2013, 10:26:56 PM
Day 4 rounds to a close with a successful lynch of Lana. Afterwards a cursory search of her Wallet shows a Sheriff's Badge. Oh well, better luck next time.

Ok, that was rather unexpected. I really thought the sheriff would go on a posting spree if he was about to get lynched. Sorry about that. So I suppose from Lanas posting FMAR and flightly are clearly mafia, and maybe cullnean for bringing about the tie vote.

F*** My Aunt Rita
May 10 2013, 10:52:11 PM
$Quarantine$

Dude is flinging around a lot of accusations that got the sheriff popped and is gunning for me. I know I'm village so all his :words: make me think he's trying to pull a Darkflare and hide his mafia status in a bunch of wordy bullshit.