PDA

View Full Version : [News] The Aurora Revealed

QuackBot
April 27 2013, 12:00:00 AM
GREETINGS CITIZENS, The rumors are true: the team at Cloud Imperium is very proud to reveal the finished look for one of our spacecraft today: the Roberts Space Industries Aurora! The Aurora is the ‘basic’ ship in Star Citizen, the one most players will start with… but make no mistake, we didn’t pay any less [...]

original link (http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/the-aurora-revealed/)

Mona
April 27 2013, 12:14:30 AM
I'm really considering it. :psyduck:

Edit:
Star Citizen is going to cost approximately $20M to make. We have this covered already between the incredible funding we’ve received from you and the commitments from investors. But here’s the truth: I’ve been holding off on closing investors because your commitment means we won’t need as much money as we originally expected. Every dollar we make from crowd funding means one less we’ll take from outside investors.

Are there really investors who beg him to take their money?

Snottus
April 27 2013, 03:52:59 AM
Have already thrown moronic amounts of money on this game, so am gonna resist temptation.

As for investors, I guess it's not impossible they have a few lined up, who consider the earning potential of SC to be considerable.

Verite Rendition
April 27 2013, 01:29:25 PM
I'm really considering it. :psyduck:

Edit:
Star Citizen is going to cost approximately $20M to make. We have this covered already between the incredible funding we’ve received from you and the commitments from investors. But here’s the truth: I’ve been holding off on closing investors because your commitment means we won’t need as much money as we originally expected. Every dollar we make from crowd funding means one less we’ll take from outside investors.

Are there really investors who beg him to take their money?The lowball "rule" for crowdfunding (as much as there can be one) is 30/70; you'll make 30% of your sales as crowd funding, and the final 70% as post-launch sales. For a game that will cost $20mil to make and already has $9mil in crowd funding, that would project $21mil in additional sales. At the same time that means there is $11mil that needs to be raised from investors.

So investors stand to make some good money if all goes according to plan; investors would get their money back and then split the $10mil in profit between themselves and the sudio. Whereas Roberts would like to keep all of the profits for the studio rather than paying a chunk of them out to investors.

Finally, note that all of this is with the 30/70 lowball rule. The rule for a wildly successful crowdfunded game would be 10/90; if that were to happen then they'd be looking at $70mil in profits to distribute. And you don't need me to point out how stupidly rich that would make investors if that were to happen.:p

Rudolf Miller
April 28 2013, 07:49:01 PM
Hm.. Aurora....do want?

Verite Rendition
April 28 2013, 11:59:47 PM
Hm.. Aurora....do want?It looks nice, but it's a low-end ship. I just don't know what I'd do with a ship like that.

Hels
April 29 2013, 07:11:11 AM
Have a Stella already. v0v

I will make it do everything I want. :3