PDA

View Full Version : The Lower North (Tribute/Vale of the Silent/Venal/Geminate)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Sil
August 16 2011, 11:57:48 PM
Say hi to Eli for me would you please, thanks.

Hope all is going well for you guys and all the best.

Brother G
August 17 2011, 03:12:54 PM
The corps that left largely just didn't want to reset our ex-allies.

Some of them loved Vince, some of them hated Garst, some of them just really really liked running missions.

None of the above for me!!

Merciless will be fine once Venal/North activity picks up again....I admire all those in the alliance for their dedication to the cause. Cheers for the good fights. o7

Liptonez
August 18 2011, 01:37:31 PM
If you hadn't been blued up with NCdot and whatever all alliances, shooting tech moons, flying Ahacs and triage Abaddons, I would believe you that you weren't FOTM. The own alliance failcascading and losing almost a third of your corp members is nothing I'd call growth too.

I wish you good luck for your next endeavour (and +1 for not joining NCdot, although I don't see why anyone would join them really). But damn that was a bad post.

Takon Orlani
August 19 2011, 06:16:15 PM
Write yesterdays BR already.

Garst Tyrell
August 29 2011, 07:31:09 PM
We reinforced the cartel titan staging pos friday night in order to get us a sunday euro fight where both Cartel and us could turn up in force for a nice fight.

Sunday afternoon a couple hours before the pos came out of rf, cartel struck first and titan bridged twice onto us in k3jr and then attempted to camp the station for an hour or two while our numbers were low. Shortly before out cta formup time cartel retreated back to 6nj8 to prepare.

We formed a sub 40man abaddon CTA fleet, tds with comps available for refit in the cargo, and moved to 6nj8. Cartel was set up with 20+ arty pests for sniping and had the in gates bubbled; with 40 in local we expected a more even turnout from them. Bridging wasnt an option with no titan online so we jumped into the bubble and began to shoot it while tanking their arty sniping. I made us a warpin and we started the fight by fleet warping on top of them at 0 as the bubble died, tackling a few ships for first blood.

Afterwards we moved to the pos and began to shoot it. As a minnie large it resisted our lasers natively quite well and we would spend the next 2 hours shooting the pos off and on while fighting various cartel reships.

Their initial reship was a 20 man bomber gang that rushed a warpin on us with shrapnel bombs. We had spread out in time due to good scouting from my alt so we suffered no losses or real damage, but managed to catch about half a dozen of them quite easily.

They then reshipped to sniping pests again and called in co2, who titan bridged about a dozen random sniper hacs/bcs over. Working together they attempted to snipe us on the pos. I was going to get us some warpins to crush them again, however in the process of doing so I had to rush and tackle a warping pest with my bomber alt. As we landed for secondary points I tried to warp out but our friendly hictor bubbled for no reason and trapped my alt which promptly died to pos guns, 100% avoidably. With that we lost our main prober and ability to engage the snipers despite some weak attempts at later probing by backup scouts. As a FC that really halted my momentum and I raged a bit about the friendly bubble killing my alt.

We returned to the pos and resolved to simple shoot the pos and tank the 2 enemy gangs while we did so to get it over with. We brought in 4 alt dreads (much lower than the 8 you need in an ideal situation to one cycle an out of rf large pos) which sped it along but after one cycle we docked them up safely to minimize risk. At this time we suffered our first loss (other than my alt), one of our neuting/cyno bs that stayed on grid against orders and died to the defenders avoidably as well.

We then sat there and shot the pos into half hull slowly (much too slowly in hindsight) without dreads while co2 left to go home and cartel reshipped to abaddons/carrier. We were able to easily tank the snipers at range due to ample logi, tds crushing their dps, and the fact they were firing sniper ammo.

At this time with the pos in half hull cartel warped back to 0 on us. They had too many dictors and too small of a fleet which was a red flag to me however we engaged anyway without intel to go on otherwise. Immediately after they landed local spiked by about 90 IRC and we proceeded to do our best to break tackle and escape. All our key ships and about half our abaddons escaped fine, the other 9 dps bs we lost to the 150 hostiles slowly as they ran them down on the pos grid literally over 10 mins. We docked in top station to wait on IRC blob to leave. This was not a three way, they were called by a desperate cartel who like everyone else gives up the good fights mentality anytime you get into a fight more serious than just welping drakes on eachother. I was disappointed to see irc turn up but I should have expected something like it and was vindicated in hindsight by not keeping our caps committed.

As IRC started to leave we realized that they were flying 90 scrub bcs with no logi or support ships, not the abaddons initially reported and we resolved to go after them and bait them into a fight on the undock. They warped to 0 on the top station where we proceeded to engage them with our survivors (missing half our planned dps by this phase would have made killing them all doubtful in hindsight, but tank should have been fine). After we aggroed they immediately bailed out running to home leaving a few stragglers for us to kill. GF irc thats about what I expected from you.

At this time our hictor was tackled on the bottom station by cartel so we warped in and ended up in a pissing contest with cartel whose reps we couldnt break as they undocked more carriers, and they couldnt break us. We stared at each other for a few mins before they undocked a drake to their armor fleet which we promply executed. After that it was obvious we couldnt win so I burned us away from the station while tanking them until we broke tackle and warped out.

By this time irl was pressing most of us and we had lost our momentum so we logged in top station to scout ourselves out later. The pos I heard was being repped by guardians but since they would have to offline it to rep the half hull I imagine they will just kill it off and anchor a new one if they care to since it cant be restronted with hull damage. I regret I havent cared enough to go scout out what happened to the tower yet so no closure there. Thanks to IRC's intervention and our op dragging on, cartel held the field.

http://www.merciless-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=29386

Liptonez
August 30 2011, 04:08:41 PM
Wow IRC. Clearly not unexpected, but if I outnumbered someone 4:1 and my enemy would even want to fight and are not snipers/nanos, why would I not engage. :facepalm:

Garst Tyrell
September 1 2011, 09:26:14 PM
Our roam formed earlier with about 15+ in a long range drake/pest format and went hunting. We fagged around a bit and moved to e-0 where we spent time killing bubbles on all the rapecaged gates to give us some breathing room. We found the irc permagang with about 20-30+ bcs hiding in their pos which they would do for the next hour. In the mean time we managed to get a 22 man PL ac hurricane fleet to jump into us and we began a session of rewarping on eachother. I figured it was a suicide welp cane gang from local smack (they reset irc?) but they spent enough time dodging us and making warpins I guess they wanted to win. In the end they warped to the sun, which I misinterpreted as a trick to get us to warp on them at 0, however they were just using it as a warpout and we landed 100 off. Luckily they burned towards us which let us start to pick them off. Realizing that wasnt working for them, they warped off to get safe. They made it back into m-o when I misjudged their intentions immediately after warping from the sun, and docked up while we went straggler hunting off and on for 30 mins.

http://www.merciless-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=29494 (no losses so most canes missing, a few more died in m-o/taisy later)

After a brief break into taisy we caught another few pl canes and started to head home. The IRC gang grew some balls and warped half their gang (all drakes) down to the e-0 gate. I thought they were jumping into us from the scout's report, but he was wrong so we burned back to gate and jumped into them. As we did so the rest of the irc gang warped down to engage us and the second fight was on. Except for our unfortunate scrammed huginn we got to range and started to pick off primarys and chase their tackle off with our drones, sadly killing none of their frigs. Just as quick as it began the irc gang gave up and warped back to the pos. We meandered around a bit while roughly heading home but didnt manage to snag anything else before we made it back and docked up.

http://www.merciless-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=29504

fishslapper
September 2 2011, 01:25:49 AM
Garst - this isn't personal, but your Battle Reports are kind of hinting at Merciless' lack of relevance at the moment.

Grarr Dexx
September 2 2011, 06:49:21 AM
So what if it's just War? Doesn't always have to be Politics.

Daypitoum
September 2 2011, 08:25:43 AM
Why all the hate ?

Go go Merciless, probably the last alliance up there trying to play a challenging game
I would come back if I could actually ship spin :p

Smuggo
September 2 2011, 09:44:55 AM
Garst - this isn't personal, but your Battle Reports are kind of hinting at Merciless' lack of relevance at the moment.

Wheras the acquisition of more botting space for your Russian overlords is incredibly relevant amirite?

Liptonez
September 2 2011, 11:09:05 AM
If I want to read about small gang PVP I read FHC, if I want to read about sov warfare elite PVP, I read Kugutsumen.

Seems that all threads but low sec/WH lack real interesting content though, can't deny that.

Helen
September 2 2011, 11:55:04 AM
If I want to read about small gang PVP I read FHC, if I want to read about sov warfare elite PVP, I read Kugutsumen.

Seems that all threads but low sec/WH lack real interesting content though, can't deny that.

There is a reason for this.

Brother G
September 2 2011, 12:22:11 PM

Well not everyone is running round in a superblob atm!

I have always found Garst's reports interesting and informative about the region's goings on, who cares how relevant they are to you now? :-p

ry ry
September 2 2011, 01:56:43 PM
The reason Merciless aren't relevant is because it's not really about being relevant. With a handful of notable exceptions, current 0.0 relevance pretty much equates to taking space and deploying large numbers of supers. Part of the reason we lost so many corps at the end of Northern War IIIXV seems to have been because when the dust finally settled and our former blues had finished dividing up our assets between them, it became apparent that we were not going to persue relevance.

Swings and roundabouts really, some people like epic fights with hundreds of participants, others prefer grubby backally knife fights. Tried the former, prefer the latter.

Smuggo
September 2 2011, 02:00:11 PM
Swings and roundabouts really, some people like pussy, others prefer big gruff bear cock. Tried the former, prefer the latter.

FYP ;)

ROX Genghis
September 2 2011, 03:37:13 PM
Here's a post I put on another site about a month ago that seems to be relevant to the issue of relevance.

"Relevant" , "important", and "matter" are a funny terms to describe Eve alliances. To most, they mean "capable of affecting the 0.0 landscape." The thing is, who really cares about affecting nullsec politics and sov? Mostly it's a few egoist empire builders and the rest are carebears. PVPers are just along for the ride because they feel they have to blob to be successful.

Alliances like Merciless don't really care about being relevant; they really do just want the cliche'd "good fights". I think Jester mentioned Merciless because they are one of the few new alliances in this category that have had some success. Previously extant ones include Rooks & Kings, Black Legion, Darkside, Agony, C02, Hydra Reloaded, etc. Just because these alliances aren't building pixel empires doesn't mean they are shit. It means they want to have fun flying their internet spaceships instead of dealing with sov and politics.

These alliances have discovered something that most nullsec residents don't realize: you don't have to blob to be successful or have fun. It's more rewarding to be good at what you do, to fight outnumbered, to innovate tactics, to bond with a smaller group, etc. I would much rather watch a RNK video, or see Hydra in the Alliance Tournament, or read a Merciless battle report, than click refresh on the influence map and read troll posts about which corp jumped from one blobby alliance to another so they could PVE in peace.

Liptonez
September 2 2011, 11:47:31 PM
Here's a post I put on another site about a month ago that seems to be relevant to the issue of relevance.

"Relevant" , "important", and "matter" are a funny terms to describe Eve alliances. To most, they mean "capable of affecting the 0.0 landscape." The thing is, who really cares about affecting nullsec politics and sov? Mostly it's a few egoist empire builders and the rest are carebears. PVPers are just along for the ride because they feel they have to blob to be successful.

Alliances like Merciless don't really care about being relevant; they really do just want the cliche'd "good fights". I think Jester mentioned Merciless because they are one of the few new alliances in this category that have had some success. Previously extant ones include Rooks & Kings, Black Legion, Darkside, Agony, C02, Hydra Reloaded, etc. Just because these alliances aren't building pixel empires doesn't mean they are shit. It means they want to have fun flying their internet spaceships instead of dealing with sov and politics.

These alliances have discovered something that most nullsec residents don't realize: you don't have to blob to be successful or have fun. It's more rewarding to be good at what you do, to fight outnumbered, to innovate tactics, to bond with a smaller group, etc. I would much rather watch a RNK video, or see Hydra in the Alliance Tournament, or read a Merciless battle report, than click refresh on the influence map and read troll posts about which corp jumped from one blobby alliance to another so they could PVE in peace.

Don't get me wrong, but out of those alliances you named all are "blobbers". Some of those alliances may be good on individual level, but... R&K are famous for their BS/T3/cap support/unbreakable tank fleets, black legion never PVP outside of daily 02:00 tengu/muninn ops, Darkside are real good PVPers, but not exceptionally good taking aside their 30 man kite blob (angel ship good pretty much), Agony do nothing but blob (idk why you are even naming these), CO2 still exist? The last time I saw them in Venal they were doing nothing really. Merciless are somewhere along the lines of all of these... I don't really recall them having tons of PVPers who know their shit in small gang PVP (15 man fleets are not small gang PVP). A few people in Hydra are the only ones who I'd consider proper PVPers that don't need a 20 man gang on their backs to win.

But I agree that alliances like all these are a lot more interesting. It's pretty much how 0.0 should be, not two 50k people blocs, but 200 alliances with 500 members each.

So much internet rage.

Takon Orlani
September 3 2011, 12:14:36 AM
15 is kind of the minimum to do more than gank.

ry ry
September 3 2011, 10:01:59 AM
(15 man fleets are not small gang PVP)
kinda is tbh.

quite apart from it all being very subjective, it depends on the other gangs out and about. If we could reliably find small gangs that weren't cynobait, or knew one of our local faggot collectives wasn't going to hotdrop a full-scale blob specifically to counter it, we'd take the numbers to have a small gang ~GF~ but as it stands we tend to form our fleets around targets coming up in intel. Normally we leave as soon as we've got a fleet that isn't likely to whelp itself rather than hanging around to Bring The Numbers anyway.

Here's a recent example of what i'm talking about - Last night we found a 40 man IRC drake gang holed up in m-o 15w, so natrually we assembled an overpowered fleet that would completely decimate the kinetic missile spewing bricks (vagabonds being the obvious choice ;)) but after a few minutes of foreplay it became apparent the pos held more interest for then than our 11 man fleet.

On the way back we had a decent scrap with CO2 (http://www.merciless-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=29543) who we though outnumbered us, but the BR says otherwise. We were sat at zero on the gate when the cyno falcon came through. we decloaked it and it went down before their whole gang was in without lighting a cyno, so whether we created a gf or CO2 brought one is still open to debate. After we'd finished looting the field, the IRC in drakes finally tired of doing whatever 40 drake gangs do whilst sitting at a pos, and jumped in as we jumped out. As we left the next system local spiked with goons but we were down a scimmy + sabre and decided discretion was the better part of valour rather than trying to force a 3way we'd end up losing.

Whilst it'd have been great to take out a 3 man local rep BS gang or whatever, even if we'd have won the first fight with the two falcons, one of the other two gangs would have caught us. honestly, if there is some pvp nivarna where people only ever fly fleet comps you want to fight with your favourite ships we're all ears.

Smuggo
September 3 2011, 06:28:40 PM
15 is kind of the minimum to do more than gank.

Not so Takon. 5 guys can mess with blobs, probably more easily than 15 TBH as you've got less fleet members to screw something up. 15 is a mid-size gang.

Takon Orlani
September 3 2011, 06:59:38 PM
Well its close to the minimum, and like he said it depends on what you're up against.

Smuggo
September 3 2011, 07:01:53 PM
Yeah of course. Considering your main targets are gonna be IRC, goons and friends, all of which bring megablobs, 15 is comparitively small.

Garst Tyrell
September 4 2011, 11:12:45 PM

Merciless is irrelevant to everyone except Merciless and the people on our overview

Exactly how we want it right now

Takon Orlani
September 5 2011, 02:18:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Takon074/ohwow.png

So i hear people like good fights...
(frigate gang tackles a broadsword... he cynoes in 3 cariers + falcon)

Helen
September 5 2011, 06:05:29 AM
You know I'm sure you posted that with the intention people would post after you saying "amen brother" or something but you went looking for what? An "honorable" fight with goons? Let's get real here and instead of posting whines post some BRs instead.

Sponk
September 5 2011, 06:10:42 AM
See, if you were in a freighter....

Liptonez
September 5 2011, 11:57:55 PM
So i hear people like good fights...
(frigate gang tackles a broadsword... he cynoes in 3 cariers + falcon)

Welcome to 2007.

jonesbones
September 7 2011, 04:24:15 PM
So you're upset your 10 man gang didn't get to rape a solo Broadsword? Man I love frig roams, but to complain that you didn't get to complete a gank is........LOL.

Takon Orlani
September 7 2011, 04:51:38 PM
So you're upset your 10 man gang didn't get to rape a solo Broadsword? Man I love frig roams, but to complain that you didn't get to complete a gank is........LOL.
Actually we expected to kill any help that came to save his dumb ass. However he was a massive faggot as the screenshot clearly shows.

Astro
September 11 2011, 04:49:29 PM
He had two options:

1. Die.
2. Cyno in whatever he had on the other end.

Most people don't like to die.

Tropic9
September 12 2011, 12:00:37 PM
He had two options:

1. Die.
2. Cyno in whatever he had on the other end.

Most people don't like to die.
Which is why most people are bad at pvp in eve too.

Grarr Dexx
September 12 2011, 05:21:53 PM
Kinda moving away here from valid discussion.

Garst Tyrell
September 16 2011, 01:57:24 AM
Venal has woken up a bit. Whats left of SPLR is living in h-pa and a greek alliance named hell4s is fighting circle of two, which is suddenly active again in pf- though I cant say Ive really been following that. Cartel is still around and there still plenty of random alts and people moving around.

Pretty blueballed by splr today. We jumped a 15 man gang into the pipe next to their home system on the way to tribute to roam. A splr gang of equal size and mirror ships suddenly jumped into our local, saw us, no troll they actually ran back to their home system and stood down. Im not being smug, but my god, grow some balls splr, that was probably the most equal fight youll get this month. :eveonline: or better yet :human nature:

RZR is still shit sitting on a leviathan in their new station as goon pets (proud 'partners' with all their mighty -.2 truesec systems in pb) and hotdropping on anything they can for 'gfs'. Its gotten pathetically predictable and after they dropped on us today we trolled them by killing their cyno broadsword who they left alone to die while their fleet ran around in a circle.

In yet another psyduck moment IRC brought a 100man abaddon fleet to our home pocket as we were coming back from the tribute roam and a skirmish with iegex/razor. They flew to n5y, sat on a gate for 30 mins doing nothing, and then started to fly back home as their SHOW OF FORCE™ op was a success (I guess).

We had a ton of fun in nanohacs racing down down into their fleet as they warped off, trapping stragglers to kill while using dictor bubbles to keep their main fleet from warping back. After probing a couple logoffskis I think we ended up culling a bit over 1/10th their fleet when it was all said and done, which can you see on our killboard if so inclined: http://www.merciless-alliance.com/killboard/?a=home

Just another day in EVE

Jol
September 26 2011, 05:52:16 AM
I thought I would drop in and try my hand at giving a BR for a roam we took a few nights ago. This is my first time writing one of these so apologies for atrociousness. A heads up: I wrote this up awhile back but never posted it due to the password retrieval issues the forums were having, so its a tad out of date.

A bit of background on Maelstrom Crew: Most of us got our start pirating/mercing/griefing. We started mercing again together in the corp Tier 1. and briefly joined Snatch Victory. A bunch of us had a talk and decided that empire had gotten pretty stale and decided to move to Venal. We decided upon NPC Null after hearing rumor of GOOD FIGHTS. We picked up all our shit, loaded it into our few carriers jumped it out to Venal to see what kind of trouble we could get in and get our feet wet. Been there about a month and a half at this point and have been getting some pretty decent fights lately (mostly fucking with CO2, IRC and others nearby). We often roam into drone space as CO2 and other venal peeps are usually able to respond rapidly to us.

ANYWAY, I hop on about a half hour before our scheduled roam time a little over a week ago. I had been unable to play for a few weeks and while taking the requisite shit for that, one of our pilots reports a Pest, Phoon, and nemesis have engaged his cane on our NPC station. We quickly rallied and undocked an RR Phoon and a Nemesis to join our armor cane. Seeing the need for dps I hop in my Abbadon to provide it.

They stayed engaged until the reps from our phoon stabilized our armor cane and then de-aggressed. Got the Tempest, barely missed the phoon ( he docked in low hull) and our cane pilot managed to snag the nemesis( which I gladly whored on). http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=55

Not a great fight but still a good start to the night. The rest of our members trickle on and we hop into our typical roaming set-up, a mix of armor/shield canes and a broadsword, and start heading out towards IRC space. We quickly move out of the area before they reach for the CO2 bat phone to camp us in system. On the way out we cross-jump a random cane, and bat him back and forth between two sides of a gate for a drawn-out, yet satisfying gank. http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=57

Seeing a jump bridge in system and suspecting a blob we quickly move onwards towards IRC space, checking belts/anoms along the way and missing the usual bots/TOTALLY REAL PEOPLE before we come up to a big ratting/anom system for IRC. We pile into the system and warp to our gank spot off the station and bubble up. 3-5 ratting chimeras/thannies warp to the station, unfortunately directly opposite where we're set-up. we move off and come back more in-line with where they warped from. We bookmark the spot and head out, fully intending to circle around, wait a few minutes and then try to catch them at the new spot. We move into a neighboring system and make the long warp to our next gate (118 Au). While shooting the shit on our out-gate we get +1 IRC in system. Seeing the opportunity for another gank, we align back to the previous gate, pulse mwd, and set up a bubble.

Local spikes, and in a few seconds we see an abbadon on scan. We were looking for a fight, so we keep the bubble up and wait for it to land. It does, and a few seconds later so does the rest of the IRC fleet, another Abbadon, an onyx, 2 canes, and a drake. A tackle raptor jumps in from the out-gate and our fc begins to call primaries.
The abbadon was our initial primary so FC continues on that and reminds everyone to watch transversal. Seeing the crow 30km off and expecting him to be overconfident, we quickly lock him. We switch off the abbadon for a cycle and pop him for neglecting to watch his own transversal (http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=61) The abbadon quickly follows (http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=60).

Next, our FC moves onto the BCs, and politely reminds us to ensure we're spreading our points. We move for high dps first, attacking and quickly popping a cane (http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=62). Next up is the drake, who attempts to pull range but isn't quite fast enough (http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=65).
During these three kills they've managed to pop one of our armor canes (http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=63) and drive off one of our shield canes in extremely low hull. This leaves the fight at 3 canes and a broadsword against a cane, abbadon, and onyx. The odds swing highly in our favor as their final cane is quickly finished off (http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=64). We tighten our orbit on the last abbadon and neut him out quickly. As he drops(http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=67) the onyx makes a break for it but I move to keep a point, and he drops (http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=69).

We hold the field, check our losses and quickly loot. Moving back to the gate, one of our armor canes jumps to find another 10-15 IRC drakes/canes and assorted tackle waiting for us on the other side. He quickly burns back to the gate (surprisingly none of them have a scram) and jumps back into our side. 6-8 of the BCs that didn't aggress him and a tackle Dramiel follow. Seeing no chance for warping off, he aligns, overheats his mwd, and tries to kite. The dramiel quickly establishes a tackle and the drake blobs begins pounding away. The dramiel (again, neglecting transversal) pursues our friendly cane. Our pilot quickly moves to neut him out, and the point drops. Just as our cane begins to warp the point is suddenly reestablished and just as suddenly drops. Our cane warps off and we hightail it home.

We didn't realize until half-way home that the dramiel actually popped. By re-pointing our cane the Dramiel essentially killed himself as it gave the 5 warrior IIs another shot, which popped him.
Total exchange: http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=69

This all probably doesn't seem significant (lord knows we're not "relevant" under any definition) to a lot of people but it does prove that for those not greatly experienced in null-sec that there is definitely a place for a few (read; 7) peeps to fuck with much bigger entities, as many of their pilots are less than stellar (as evidence by some of the fits). I figured with some of the discussion in this thread concerning the lack of BRs and deriding small gangs(10 at most imo, least for out here) as being unable to garner decent fights anymore, that this would be relevant. Fights seem pretty easy to get (at least easier than low and empire) as long as you're willing to engage fleets bigger than you and risk losing assets. http://maelstrom-crew.net/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=5098 for example (full disclosure: the kb isn't showing the other 2 canes we lost there)

Daneel Trevize
September 26 2011, 12:12:08 PM
Nice little read, ty.

ROX Genghis
September 26 2011, 01:26:44 PM
Nice work. Good to see independents operating in Venal.

Liptonez
September 29 2011, 10:57:35 PM
IRC. :facepalm:

Indeed very nice to see some new people around, especially in Venal.

Takon Orlani
September 29 2011, 11:09:06 PM
Venal desperately needed this. Too bad I'm not there anymore.

Helen
September 30 2011, 07:20:27 AM
In that BR you state you had both shield and armor canes? Why do you have mixed fleet doctrines?

Xarthaginian
September 30 2011, 04:50:05 PM
Best of luck MCREW, good bunch of people.

Garst Tyrell
September 30 2011, 10:39:21 PM
INIT has done a light deployment with themselves /imercs to n5y. They have spent their first couple days up here reinforcing ncdot tech moons.

If their plan was to run away from the blobs down south to get good fights up here, im not sure shooting tech moons is a good way to discourage people from blobbing/supercap swarming your alliance. I guess well see

BuRniZZ
October 1 2011, 11:17:57 AM
It's just fun to mix it up a little bit.

Garst Tyrell
October 1 2011, 11:39:57 PM
INIT/INIT Mercs while vacationing in venal reinforced 3 tech moons, starting with one of ours. Seeing their euro blob we stronted the tower for a us prime timer in order to get a more even fight, if that was even possible. What started as a likely difficult defense for us turned into 4 hours of interesting twists and turns, ironically none of them involving INIT who didn not deign to form for the timer.

Merciless formed about 30 including alts in fleet in an abaddon defense fleet and prepared to move to the tower, wary of an INIT logon trap as sister bliss was idling the dest system. As the pos came out of RF to my dismay I found that the tower immediately went offline lol. Yup my bad, when I was leveling the pos fuel levels and picking up the tech before the fight I forgot to put the mechanical parts back in, and since the pos was in RF, no low fuel messages were sent out. Eh after a year of pos warfare I guess I was overdue to fuck up B)

As we rushed over an opportunistic 60man IRC drake/hurricane fleet appeared in intel and burnt straight to our tower and began to shoot it now that the shields were down. A brief war of positioning occurred as we prepared to juke them out and jump our fleet into local without grid loading into a camp, however this proved unnecessary as they warped off the gate to the tower giving us entry. Seconds before they warped back to the tower for the final time, one of our pos alts managed to take the missing fuel from the safe'd hauler and online the tower, warping out as the irc fleet landed on top. Sadly without power we couldnt use the pos guns I hero repped earlier in the weekend. :'(

Fleet warping 30km away from the center of their fleet, we engaged and deployed a triage carrier to even the odds a bit. Our first guardian died a martyr's death, unfortunately loading grid and landing before the rest of us. Over the next 15-20 mins we successfully fought off the irc fleet and held the field with a fleet a third their size and only about 10-12 dps ships, much to my surprise as I was a bit skeptical.

Inevitably as our triage carrier was seconds away from ending his cycle and jumping out, a TNT and a FCON cyno opened up at pings on the pos. Knowing what was obviously coming next but with no dictors to do some defensive bubbling, the enemy fleets titan bridged in and tackled our fleet. The shields went online as soon as the cyno went up and we attempted to burn into the shields or warp away, losing the carrier, my loki, and some abaddons in the process as we were strung out from the shields and bubbled. Meh vOv

As we left the field to regroup, TNT and FCON each in their own 50 man fleets, began to shoot the tower. Props to TNT and FCON, I think that is the first time I've seen them in solid fleet comps comprised of their alliances only, rather than just joining some coalition fleet. FCON ran drakes/tengus and TNT brought AC canes/pests.

We reshipped to nanohacs to start straggler hunting, a favorite venal pass time, but received word that IRC/NCDOT (who are blue to each other) were preparing to bridge onto the tnt/fcon fleet. Some positioning battles started again, with the final confrontation occurring in HBD next door as IRC bcs and ncdot abaddons jumped into their fleets. We took our nanohacs in at range, helping to snag a few kiting logi and distract the tnt fleet. The TNT fleet was destroyed while FCON managed to extract themselves mostly intact and safe up in a pos in the dest system.

Now things turned quite boring for everyone as we rushed to rep up the pos, which was left in half hull before the fight started (!). Of course this took ages because who ever has enough shield triage carriers to go around? NCDOT camped the FCON fleet in their pos, reinforcing it for shits and giggles before heading home after IRC. FCON warped over to our pos after ncdot left to shoot us with one volley and then fly home. We feared they might be baiting our carriers to go back into triage as they left, but they never returned, their occator decloaking off the pos at a ping (with their replacement tower no doubt) and following them home.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10736884 SBL5
http://northern-coalition.co.uk/?a=kill_related&kll_id=87492 HBD

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5532/20111001154025.jpg before we repped the shields/armor, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood PL local observer

GF to everyone involved

=====================

This has nothing to do with us nor do I claim to know the story behind it, but pretty obviously hell4s tried to bash a co2 pos in their home system which they have been fighting for control over and it didnt go well. No one else is posting on this thread so I may as well throw it up:

http://www.hellas-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=7208

I think co2 has 1/3 of eve's hel population on that battle report ("CCP > working as intended")

Varesk
October 2 2011, 12:31:29 AM
In that BR you state you had both shield and armor canes? Why do you have mixed fleet doctrines?

MCREW allows it pilots to fly what they feel comfortable with. As long as the ship is the right the tank can be what the pilot feels comfortable with. The only exception is when we do have logi. With a maxed out fleet of 7 people we usually fly with just a buffer tank and no logi.

This has nothing to do with us nor do I claim to know the story behind it, but pretty obviously hell4s tried to bash a co2 pos in their home system which they have been fighting for control over and it didnt go well. No one else is posting on this thread so I may as well throw it up:

http://www.hellas-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=7208

Hellas moved in about a month ago and have been messing around with c02 reinforcing a POS or two and playing station games. The local smack is pretty bad with a mixture of broken english and bad puns. Like clockwork C02 will incap all the guns on a Hellas POS and then log off their super carriers. This usually happens in US TZ. C02 have removed one Hellas tower out of the three. I am unsure if it has been replaced.

C02 outnumbers Hellas on any given day and time yet they really havent dont anything until the previous battle report.

Garst Tyrell
October 2 2011, 09:19:43 PM
its been the highest number of co2 Ive seen around in a long time, logged in let alone in fleet if you dont count all the backwater macros in SRBI corp. Looks like some old wepra friends/alts (now in white noise) are with them as well in a neut corp helping out. Shame co2 plays station camping games all day instead of roaming

Also Cartel. moved back to curse

Micha L
October 2 2011, 10:24:43 PM
Hi

Let me give you some intel on what happened in PF- .
Hella-s RF CO2 medium tower for 4 or 5 th. time. Like every time we announced Alliace op to rep and def. tower. Hour before tower came out of RF solar fleet hade roaming gang about 30+ passes PF- so we try to catch them together with Hellas. Solar didnt want to fight and they left, so we try to followed them but they were to fast for heavy abadon gang. We then stop in ZO- on VG- gate two jumps from PF- and wait for pos to come out. Scouts raported Hellas undoking and warping to their pos in abadons and dreds Erebus and Mothership online. At thet moment we know it will be some good fight. POS came out from and Hellas warped 5 dreds 4 carriers and suport fleet (BS .....) to POS and start shooting. We jumped to VG- and warped to PF- as we landed on gate Hellas dramiel jumped in VG-, shit they know thet we coming! We jump to PF- and warped to scout 30km from them, meantime our Motherships and Titans start to log in and warping to spots around POS. Battle took 10 min close range pounding, DD-ing some dreds. As soon as we clr the field we killd old tower and put new one. We hoped thet they will bring supers on filed but thet didnt happened.
Like Varesk sed Hellas move to PF- a month ago and since then its hit and run tactics, small battles like 20 vs 20 but nothing like this big. EXP:

http://www.eve-co2.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=155854

Normally Hellas sit in POS and waithing for solo ship to agro and just warp 13 tempest to snipe him then go back to POS and wait. Dont want to spit on Hellas they are good group of pvp-s(Greeks), rumor is thet they are alt alliace of Razor, but thet is just a rumor. Many people talk shit about CO2 to, just empty words.
Maelstrom Crew some bomber runs to help Hellas, local chat, and solo Huric warping to pos ;)
Same old Garst Tyrell, indid best battle raports and SRBI macros :facepalm: some things never change. Yes alot of people show up. For your information corps in CO2 operate freely all over eve. Btw. thx for holding Venal trade alive.

I almost forgot, sorry for my broken English :guinness:

Jol
October 3 2011, 04:03:11 PM

Apologies for the late reply, had a lot of non-Eve related shit going on. Varesk is right on this, MCREW pilots fly what they want (within reason of course). We usually don't have the numbers for logistics and since most of us have flown together for at least a year we all trust each other. At times it helps and at times it hurts. Having shield canes to burn to falcons, kite and provide great dps is great and having armor canes that can take a beating is as well. As long as those of us in shield ships (Zero tank Max gank harb is great fun) know how to fly our ships and don't automatically run if the armor gets caught (again, trust) things usually work out fine.

Elessar Elian
October 5 2011, 12:17:59 PM
In the recent battle of PF-QHK October 1st, HELL4S alliance forces where confronted by the (at that time superior) BS fleet of CO2.
Battle was leaning toward us, despite the superior numbers of CO2, until they escalated with 2 Titans and 4 Motherships. With them wapred in a small "hotdrop" squad of xXDEATHXx, consisting of dictors,HICs and a recon.

At this point it was clear that CO2 had xXDEATHXx support, indicating cooperation/collaboration to some extend. While we were prepared for the CO2 fleet (as our intel was accurate), we were not prepared to face the combined forces of CO2 + xXDEATHXx. Thus we decided not to further escalate and we lost the fleet in the process, guns blazing and all.

Needless to say, HELL4S has nothing to do with Razor alliance. No mains, no alts, no ties.

o2_macrominer
October 8 2011, 03:04:06 PM
Patience, just wait 'till those 2 titans die in fire, and since there are no more frekies to sell...
Btw, why do u think co2 was forced into venal, to have gf's ?

Almost forgot: sori for maj broken inglis

Helen
October 8 2011, 06:01:21 PM
Patience, just wait 'till those 2 titans die in fire, and since there are no more frekies to sell...
Btw, why do u think co2 was forced into venal, to have gf's ?

Almost forgot: sori for maj broken inglis

No one gets forced into Venal...

Daco
November 2 2011, 01:24:20 AM
Couldn't find a Vale of the Silent thread so these regions are closest.

Some alliance called Pinked (which I have never heard of before) is invading. So far we've killed all the random systems TCUs that they put them up in and rape caged their Aeon in a POS we have just blown up, so the invasion is going well for them.

That is all.

Made a new thread for the lower northern regions - Grarr

Daco
November 6 2011, 08:48:56 AM
And the Aeon is dead (will link KM but the killboard is down atm) and pinked have run away, invasion over :(

LordsServant
November 7 2011, 06:47:24 AM
http://www.northern-coalition.co.uk/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=94117

^^Aeon KM.

In other news...I'm pretty sure everyone's heard all the rumours about MM going north....

A pretty good friend of mine in MM has been dropping hints about it happening, and now MM has a new campaign that starts in 4 days targeting most of their old space.[1]

I for one look forward to the epic fights and pewpew.

Without getting too smacky, I do hope this time they decide to fight and not just stand down anytime we log our supers in(that was no fun for ANYBODY).

Anyone from the MM side care to flesh out your views on this upcoming campaign?

I hope Vuk isn't just trolling.....we could use some new faces to shoot up here. :)

C u on teh battlefield =D

-Lord's Servant, TMdawt, NCdawt

1 - http://kb.morsus-mihi.org/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=13937

John Pope
November 16 2011, 03:58:07 AM
CO2 are apparently moving out of Venal, a lot of logistics take place in the past couple of days . Idk where they heading or if they are slowly failcascading. The random pick-up kills around PF and the endless docking games / titan bridges instead of boosting their ego, worked the other way around. Remains to be seen.

frsd
November 22 2011, 09:10:53 AM
CO2 are apparently moving out of Venal, a lot of logistics take place in the past couple of days . Idk where they heading or if they are slowly failcascading. The random pick-up kills around PF and the endless docking games / titan bridges instead of boosting their ego, worked the other way around. Remains to be seen.

Last I saw Hell4s was roaming into drone regions while Co2 was camping an almost empty station with vindis and a handful of carriers. It would be strange for them to leave after having staring contests with eachother for weeks :).

Also, for the first time I know Hell4s left PF- with a proper gang and gave us a visit. Sadly we were almost outnumbered 3:1, and after they found out dampening our Guardians with no scripts was reducing our lock time they managed to alpha a few of our A-HAC's.

Muffinsrevenger
November 26 2011, 10:40:09 PM
Battlereport: just had a intense fight in UMI-KK, 60 of us versus a man of great size and magnitude

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11705038

http://i.imgur.com/kIJya.jpg

John Pope
November 28 2011, 10:08:28 AM

Last I saw Hell4s was roaming into drone regions while Co2 was camping an almost empty station with vindis and a handful of carriers. It would be strange for them to leave after having staring contests with eachother for weeks :).

Also, for the first time I know Hell4s left PF- with a proper gang and gave us a visit. Sadly we were almost outnumbered 3:1, and after they found out dampening our Guardians with no scripts was reducing our lock time they managed to alpha a few of our A-HAC's.

Been waiting for you guys to make an appearance in/around PF- just so you can back up your words but I've been let down.

frsd
November 28 2011, 01:58:19 PM

Been waiting for you guys to make an appearance in/around PF- just so you can back up your words but I've been let down.

So we can threeway your permanent station camp? Back before we certainly knew there the area around was dead or full of bots, we went through PF- multiple times, only to find multiple carriers on scan on the station. Neither you or CO2 even checked us out.

I don't like staring at stations waiting for my targets to undock, and once they do with the exact counter.

Zeekar
December 5 2011, 10:43:37 AM
you should BR the roam/fight with Hell4s on FHC :D

Ill post this br in here since it affects hellas even tho the fight happened in M-O.

I took out a corp roam yesterday to test out the new tier3 bcs, the gang was around 17 including scouts. As soon as we undocked I saw reports in the intel channel about a 22 man hell4s gang with 4 logistics runinng around H-W. Since my corp has found memories about that area all the way to M-O we decided we will go for it. We caught up with Hell4s in M-O on the taisy gate and indeed they were as strong as it was said in the report. We positioned our selves out on range but to my surprise greeks decided they will bail and they jumped out into taisy.
I found that a bit disappointing and went to search for new gang to kill, but with the map acting like a cunt it took me a good minute just to load it and in that time greeks jumped back into us and went to reposition on a on grid ping spot. In the process they managed to lose their first hurricane.

http://kb.raidenalliance.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=43100

While we were trying to get a warpin on them they did us the favour and warped on us. We proceeded to burn a bit and exchange shots between us and managed to snag 3 hurricanes. After that they repositioned themselves again on their ping spot.
As soon as i got a hit on them they warped on our lachesis who had a mayor derp moment and burned out of rep range. Before we could position ourselves he died but we managed to kill in the end another 8 of their ships. At that point hellas saw they were loosing the battle with very few kills and we had no dictors that could keep them tackled so they bailed. GF's were exchanged in local and we proceeded to continue our roam into other regions and greeks went on their own way.

All in all we killed 11 ships and lost one major derper.

http://kb.raidenalliance.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=43100

Would fight again.

John Pope
December 7 2011, 08:02:20 PM

So we can threeway your permanent station camp? Back before we certainly knew there the area around was dead or full of bots, we went through PF- multiple times, only to find multiple carriers on scan on the station. Neither you or CO2 even checked us out.

I don't like staring at stations waiting for my targets to undock, and once they do with the exact counter.

We don't do permanent station camps nor play carrier docking games, you are confusing us with CO2.

Also, last i checked you are doing a lot of "they have these ships let's undock in the exact counter" around your home system and that is IF you undock at all.

frsd
December 7 2011, 10:02:05 PM
No I tend not to undock without having atleast half as many as my enemy or for obvious bait.

Elessar Elian
December 8 2011, 08:32:04 AM
Good, now that we've managed to understand why some fights simply dont/wont happen, stop whining about them and read the damn killboards for those that do.

Elessar Elian
December 8 2011, 06:35:38 PM
The last weekend was an interesting one in Venal. HELL4S moved against CO2 assets in order to force the, preoccupied with station games, alliance to fight. And fights did happen, unexpected yet after all welcome three/four-way fights have put our fleet to the test.

Friday, December 2nd
Venal

19.30 GMT
HELL4S capital and subcapital fleet forms up to reinforce CO2 towers once again, in hopes of getting a decent fight from them instead of their usual and rather boring docking games.
As the fleet undocks, a small CO2 station camp is instantly cleared up. Dreads jump in N0C-UN and lay siege on their POS. In the meantime, the support fleet takes position in the system.

20.30 GMT
CO2 are reported to undock with battleships and no logistics whatsoever, heading to N0C-UN. HELL4S Carriers are ready to jump in, although a hostile cloaky dictor unsuccesfully tries to bubble them inside the POS.

20.40 GMT
After waiting for a while behind the gate, CO2 finally jump in the system. We cyno in three of our triage carriers, and they begin to repair. Within the first two minutes, 7 hostile battleships are destroyed, with only one battleship loss on behalf of HELL4S. The order given by the capital FC is “siege green”. The massacre went on for about 5 minutes, with a backdrop of CO2 faction and standard battleships being melted down by HELL4S’s superior forces. 7 battleships managed to escape; for they deagressed and jumped back.
http://www.hellas-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11051

20.50 GMT
HELL4S loots the field, while the dreads get the job done, reinforcing the POS.

The fleet went on and reinforced two more towers. CO2 didn't bother to undock again, although in the heart of the night, long after our common Prime time with CO2 (alarm clock?), they amassed a fleet and reinforced one HELL4S POS.

Elessar Elian
December 8 2011, 06:41:15 PM
Saturday, December 3rd
N0C-UN

18:45 GMT
The HELL4S fleet consists of 9 Dreads, 6 Carriers, 35 BS, some support, 65 in total and is ready to cyno in as the CO2 POS comes out of RF. Dreads siege, BS+support take tactical positions between the carriers and the dreads.

18:50 GMT
A hostile cyno lights up and 90 CO2+friends bridge in 200km away. 5 Carriers, 10 guardians, rest armor BSs. Local count is now upwards 150. Our fleet is prepared and bloodthirsty, battlecoms enforced.

18:52 GMT
Local spike, count is now at 250+ as a fleet of 100 Goons/TNT/Fatal, mainly Battlecruisers, jump in. We are now facing more than 200 hostiles and pilots get nervous. The FC decides that “we will stand our ground, make them bleed”, weapons hot. The sieging Dreads primary the hostile Carriers, the BS wing starts working the enemy BS/BC and our Carriers enter Triage, sweating bullets to keep us alive.

19:02 GMT
10 really long minutes have passed and although we’ve lost 3 Carriers and many BSs, the reps hold, dps is now more manageable. Our sieging Dreads have killed all their Carriers and pointed their guns towards the BSs. The BS wing is doing an excellent job working on their target list, enemy numbers drop fast. Local count is now 190.

19:15 GMT
As the battle rages on, HELL4S fleet has suffered heavy losses, fighting outnumbered 3:1. The CO2 fleet is devastated: only a few remain, but we’re still facing 100 Goons (and friends).

19:20 GMT
HELL4S fallen pilots have reshipped and are waiting to rejoin the fight. Meanwhile another cyno lights up, 600km away from our fleet! A 60 man Raiden. fleet jumps in, consisting of tengus & scimitars. They engage the Goon fleet as our Dreads kill the CO2 POS and the remaining BSs finish off CO2.

19:26 GMT
Our Dreads cyno out and the rest of the fleet withdraws shortly after. The fight is over and congratulations are in order, we fought against over 200 in a very tense three/four-way fight, completing our primary objective.

It was a fight against all odds, but HELL4S is used to fighting outnumbered, proving that in some cases, dedication is much more important than numbers.

GF to all involved, props to CO2 for bringing it.

Skyly
December 9 2011, 08:06:16 AM
Sounds like fun, got a kb link for N0C-UN fight on Sat?

Elessar Elian
December 10 2011, 02:30:49 PM
http://www.hellas-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11683

There you go but as you know, all multi-way fights show messed up in KBs.

dongbutte
December 11 2011, 10:43:54 AM
We didn't shoot you dudes so don't try pretend. We were asking for fc/diplo to let us kill all your dreads :D

Elessar Elian
December 12 2011, 08:04:25 PM
Read again please.

Garst Tyrell
December 17 2011, 07:54:06 PM
someone from merciless write a fucking BR please

Garst Tyrell
January 3 2012, 04:07:49 PM
someone from merciless write a fucking BR please

dont mind if I do.

Last night after a short alliance meeting I threw up a roughly ~50man Merciless AHAC gang. Keep in mind we are about a 200man alliance on paper so that turnout made me quite happy and set the tone for the rest of a really fun pvp night.

Our goals were basically:
1 ) go shoot TEST maelstroms pos bashing in vale
2 ) poke around lowsec and try to get a large alliance to form and fight our admittedly large roaming gang

Sadly the TEST fleet we had eyes on finished and stood down before we could get to them, however much to my delight my scout cross jumped a roughly 40 man LAWN tempest/tornado/cane gang heading straight for us. Challenge accepted :)

Sitting on the d7 gate in h-w, their fleet sat at 0 while the Merciless ahacs sat on the other side. Quickly jumping in a few bait ships to see if LAWN was going to run or not, they started to aggroe our bait in h-w and I called for the fleet to jump in and engage. It turned out that the only ones aggressing us were about half a dozen LAWN guys with no firing discipline, and we quickly killed all of them while the LAWN fleet crossjumped us back into d7. We pursued to d7- hot on their heels and we both jumped at the same time into wh-. Realizing they were tackled they finally decided to engage while kiting off; we killed a few more before they ran and started safing up. GF

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12039558 H-W
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=12039555 Else

That appetizer gobbled up we turned around to burn back to venal as one of our backscouts reported a ~40man -a- drake/tengu gang, no doubt coming towards us as we had been looking at an -a- inty hanging around us for the last few minutes. After a brief standoff while warpins were made, we jumped our ahacs into the drake gang at long range to the gate and fleet warped on top of them. Admittedly the warpin wasn't ideal and by then my scout alt had inevitably died afk on a gate while I called targets with LAWN (fml) and I just wanted to get us onto the enemy fleet before they lost their nerve.

Warping on top of the main blob of drakes, as triple A had their ~8 scimitars in a separate formation another 50 behind the main fleet, we started to brawl. Logi initially held up well on both sides but I quickly realized when we couldnt break their peak reps even on a recon we would have to switch to an alpha style target calling. Switching targets and giving minimal warning we were able to start putting down enemy ships before the full reps could take hold. Seeing that the reps were no longer holding, the -a- FC called for his fleet to escape and we snagged a few more targets.

Once again we went into mop-up mode however we were more successful hunting -a- than LAWN as I was able to fairly consistently take us on top of the enemy fleet as they were trying to escape through a gate, allowing us to once again start to tackle and execute hostiles.
Doubling back to 9-2, which is about a 250au warp between gates, we rushed after -a- to the hpa gate. Knowing their recons and shinies were probably going to cap out, we quickly rushed our fleet on top of them. Exactly as I had hoped we trapped their entire fleet at 0 on the gate, hictors with logi/dps both sides to keep them from escaping. What followed was about 15 minutes of trying to juke eachother out, but we controlled the engagement and were able to catch another half dozen of them before their main fleet finally escaped to h-pa and docked up. As we were moving out again after a bio, a couple of the -a- logi eager to go home blind jumped into our fleet next door and gave us a nice chuckle as they popped. Derp.

Compliments were exchanged in local and phun timez were had, GF -a- thanks for bringing it

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=12039641
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=12040040

Once again our scouts heard that TEST had been forming up, so with renewed hopes of a maelstrom gang to bust we headed south. Sadly they disappeared and we settled for chasing a GIANTSBANE. (some kind of black legion? offshoot living in vale napped to raiden/ncdot, never heard of them before) gang of about again 40 sniper munins black legion style. I'd like to report we had epic fights with them, TEST, and anyone else in the area but the rest of the night was mainly just ganks because no one wold commit against us.

One last highlight was moving back to the GIANTSBANE vale home system as they had undocked again as we left, we were excited to scrap since they had warped to gate after our last ship. By the time we got back in they had disappeared, and it turned out they had warped to their titan and bridged into hakonen to gank like 5 TEST hurricanes or something while blueballing us. GF. We cut them off on the way home, once again juked the warpout and punished them by killing a few tackled ships before leaving.

http://www.merciless-alliance.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=35044
+1 munin in p3

Thanks to everyone who showed up on both sides for a fun night of pvp

Skyly
January 4 2012, 07:55:25 AM
GIANTSBANE. (some kind of black legion? offshoot living in vale napped to raiden/ncdot, never heard of them before)

GIANTSBANE. are renters.

Skyly
January 9 2012, 02:36:26 PM
Quick update on the action from Vale/Geminate in the last week or so:

08/01/12 - 2230
Helljumpers, an old WN corp that left, had a Tech Moon coming out last night late. We'd been busy all day, but it seems Init formed up to kill it and TEST formed up to defend it. Wasn't there so don't know any more.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12089821

08/01/12 - 1700
We had previously reinforced a Gypsy Band tech moon in Geminate and it was coming out so we had UPS keeping an eye on things whilst we were busy in Branch. Gypsy deployed carriers to rep the tower as we were moving down from Venal. UPS attempted to escalate the fight, but Gypsy / -A- were having none of it and obviously got wind of our presence as they moved the Carriers back inside the shield whilst it was still at 45%. We supplied UPS with the POS password and they attempted to bump the carriers out until they realised the POS wasn't restronted, at which point we jumped in and all Supers were ordered to focus the tower whilst the rest of the fleet attempted to keep the carriers bubbled in place and take out the Gypsy/-A- BC fleet.

Unfortunately, we failed at bubbles and the Caps jumped out, shortly followed by the BC fleet which fled the field.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12086506

07/01/12 - 0030
2 Tech moons TEST had taken off WN whilst they were busy evaccing losing in Branch were due out of reinforced at a semi decent time so we decided to form with WN to fight over it. TEST had their standard Alpha fleet setup whilst we shipped in Tengus. We bridged in to them and lost a Tengu and HIC on load but not much else for the remainder of the fight as Logis were holding well (and we slightly outnumbered them).

TEST took the fight anyway (and we had some decent bubbles), so we managed to take down a decent number of Maels before they could bail.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12070009

06/01/12 - 1500
Another TEST moon which they'd taken from White Noise was exiting reinforced in S-N in the afternoon so we decided to see what TEST formed. They showed up to defend in a BC gang, so we hotdropped them on the gate. They immediately fled to the system nextdoor so Tengu fleet followed and despatched as many as they could catch. TEST Moon killed and replaced.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=12065890

05/01/12 - 1800
Gypsy tech moon in RA space was coming out of reinforced so we decided to help RA out as we were hitting stuff in Vale anyway. -A- and Gypsy formed Mael/Drakes and Tengus respectively, so we bridged in on them and killed what we could before they fled the field. Tower killed and replaced.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=12058837

Skyly
January 9 2012, 02:44:26 PM
Quick summary of TEST's progress in to Vale so far:

TEST initially claimed a handful of Tech moons through WN not defending and not communicating timers to us, or poor stront timing on our part.
All moons except 1 (owned by Elite Space Guild) are now reclaimed and either back in our hands or the original owner's.

All attempts on Sov made by TEST have been succesfully defended, except for a handful of previously unclaimed systems that TEST dropped TCUs in. There has been a conscious decision to let TEST keep those systems (and the sov bills associated) for now.

TEST have been using Maels to reinforce everything so far, so it's been taking them ~1 hour to reinforce each moon. Not sure how much stamina they have, but we'll see how long they are willing to keep reinforcing things at such a pace.

Shiodome
January 20 2012, 05:17:37 AM
can someone explain wtf is going on in geminate atm? as far as i can tell a small, extrodinarily bad alliance (pinked) is just wandering around taking whatever systems it wants (pinked) with tiny fleets (40man?) and no opposition from either the current owners (imperial legion) or their masters. i spoke breifly to their CEO (starcrash) and i think he said they were backed up by initiative mercenaries or something, but i've seen 1 init gang move about in geminate in the last 2 weeks since they started staging in nearby low sec. also i'm told TEST are wanting to take BWF- but they're staging near the wrong entry point if that's the case.

my head is all full of fuck and it doesn't make sense to me as someone outside these alliances.

Mfume
January 20 2012, 06:57:17 AM
also i'm told TEST are wanting to take BWF- but they're staging near the wrong entry point if that's the case.

office availability in oji is non-existant, or at least was when i checked

Artjay
January 20 2012, 07:22:13 AM
can someone explain wtf is going on in geminate atm? as far as i can tell a small, extrodinarily bad alliance (pinked) is just wandering around taking whatever systems it wants (pinked) with tiny fleets (40man?) and no opposition from either the current owners (imperial legion) or their masters. i spoke breifly to their CEO (starcrash) and i think he said they were backed up by initiative mercenaries or something, but i've seen 1 init gang move about in geminate in the last 2 weeks since they started staging in nearby low sec. also i'm told TEST are wanting to take BWF- but they're staging near the wrong entry point if that's the case.

my head is all full of fuck and it doesn't make sense to me as someone outside these alliances.

I believe pinked are being sponsored by CCP to prove that a 'medium/large gang' or at least 'tiny fleet' can take space in nullsec with the current sov system to prove all you bittervets wrong that the ONLY way you can get space is by blobbing. Good luck to them I say, I have always assumed taking space no-body wants is the best way to get started in nullsec.

Ted Breakers
January 20 2012, 09:38:31 AM
i spoke breifly to their CEO (starcrash) and i think he said they were backed up by initiative mercenaries or something.

Ahahahahahahahahaha.... *Catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

They are KOS for my corp at least (its personal), deffo no backing from the rest of the alliance.

Gem is a terrible region, Pinked is a terrible alliance.

The glove fits.

Varesk
January 20 2012, 09:23:09 PM
INIT has moved to n5y in Venal. They moved there on Wednesday night.

Shiodome
March 18 2012, 09:07:23 PM
a chunk of xxdeathxx moved into geminate a couple of days after nulli ended their 'roadtrip' and moved out. anyone know why?

depili
March 19 2012, 09:59:54 AM
AFAIK solar is attacking geminate so xxxdeath invited themselves to the party.

Artjay
March 19 2012, 11:37:18 AM
Since Xdeath qtrl-q on their empire there has been shit pouring out of the dronelands all weekend. Watching seven regions worth of population evac in a hurry is an impressive sight. I witnessed Imperian running around popping cyno's in his sabre in Q-T, I think he was struggling to keep up with them all. FDZ certainly has a bunch of Xdeath in it but who knows what they are up to. They took an assault frig gang for a roam on Saturday night so at least they have retained a sense of humour.

depili
March 19 2012, 02:55:42 PM
Seems like xxxdeath is indeed dropping sov left and right. Would love for a detailed account of the Drama going on. Wonder if this is the result of the drone alloy nerf rumors?

punkboy101
March 23 2012, 10:39:41 AM
Seems like xxxdeath is indeed dropping sov left and right. Would love for a detailed account of the Drama going on. Wonder if this is the result of the drone alloy nerf rumors?

I'm guessing it's more to do with the rapetrain heading straight for them than the future drone alloy nerfs.

Calgus
March 23 2012, 12:29:22 PM

I'm guessing it's more to do with the rapetrain heading straight for them than the future drone alloy nerfs.

Basically this, from my limited understanding (I haven't played for two years loleve but I talk to a few who still do) with RA gone, Solar no longer needs to concentrate on more than two fronts, coupled with -A- more or less guaranteeing to come in on any critical timers and IRC opportunistically grabbing north eastern outposts xDeathx has thrown in the towel. Their (xdeathx) pvp prowess/ability to put out fleets has been questionable the past few months, struggling with solar one on one, even IRC on occasion. Their 'alies' or 'mercs' or whatever you want to call PL have left...for somewhere and NC. who were just there for some pvp have moved to Tribute to fight gewns or something.

I dont know the official uaxdeath policy but it seems they are trying to evacc their hardware and their pets (shadow) are too, as Artjay said, from what I hear it is quite a sight with JB's and Jump Freighters and basically anything that can float leaving en masse for the safety of empire. Just imagine Dunkirk eve version essentially and replace half the soldiers with suburban accountants/poorly built robots pretending to be humans.

As a result, a lot of freighter/jump freighter/carrier/occasional supercapital kills popping up in the area, just look at Solar/-A-/Eve Kill/Random local roaming entity killboards and compare the explosion in the aforementioned ship class killmails. From what a few friends have told me, if you ever wanted to kill some industrials/freighters/stupid carriers go to Drone Lands, even with a handful of dudes you could probably catch some evacuees with their pants down and quite possibly get some loot out of the deal.

Shiodome
March 24 2012, 02:22:10 AM
i did nearly kill an afk rhea solo with a vagabond last week, but fucking massive docking range meant couldn't get him bumped far enough before someone noticed and presumably started yelling on comms for him to wake up. was sad panda.

Baarhyn
March 25 2012, 05:17:39 AM
so what's going on there????

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12842464

Mfume
March 25 2012, 05:33:14 AM
A fight over nothing got escalated. One side brought more titans. The other side decided to bail. Three titans decided to use the sun at 0 as a warp out. They died. Amusingly enough, one the Erebus had RF Gyros instead of FN Magstabs.

Mr Marram
March 25 2012, 10:21:44 AM
A fight over nothing got escalated. One side brought more titans. The other side decided to bail. Three titans decided to use the sun at 0 as a warp out. They died. Amusingly enough, one the Erebus had RF Gyros instead of FN Magstabs.

This one, http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12842852
so much bad.

nearly 300bil down ...

Daneel Trevize
March 25 2012, 04:44:26 PM
IDK which is worst, out of Mr. T2 EANM, T2 Cap Recharger, and T2 Sebo.

Mfume
March 26 2012, 08:10:38 AM
IDK which is worst, out of Mr. T2 EANM, T2 Cap Recharger, and T2 Sebo.

How about the 2x RF Gyros on a blaster Erebus?

Also: WRT to an earlier question about Giantsbane being a Black Legion off-shoot. They aren't really, but a lot of key people in Giantsbane either were members of BL at one point or know BL from fighting against us or both.

Badboy K
March 30 2012, 06:30:33 AM
Goon titan down in 92D-OI, venal. He jumped instead of bridged lol

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12889833

Lock out
April 1 2012, 10:56:54 AM
Prelude :

Because our regular hunting grounds in Black Rise grew a bit stale due to all the actors knowing eachother and what they can field, -FU- together with our friends for GMVA and SLAPD decided to take a roadtrip. We chose a low sec system adjacent to Geminate and we were quickly rewarded with the sight of Brick Squad. , one of the most pew pew happy alliances we met in our perils across New Eden. Small gang skirmishes erupt, with both sides winning some and losing some troughout the week.

As the weekend approaches, we realise that we are gonna have good numbers so we start looking at opportunities for larger scale fights. Together with our esteemed opponents/titan killing brosefs/ex alliance mates (very complicated relationship) from W-BR we decide to poke at -A- on friday. Our formup is delayed by a couple of dreads with a deathwish. A naglfar gets it's wish granted ( http://www.sotfkb.com/index.php/kill_detail/615496/) while a rev has a change of heart and jumps out as our zu uncloaks. After this small detour, we formup with arti nados and recons and move to Curse where we merge with the W-BR fleet, not before losing a huggin to alcohool and a scimi to a disconnect. Once we merge gangs, we boldly proceed in to Catch, where -A- waste no time in forming up a response fleet and rapecaging us in our temporary staging pos. The derp is strong with us, so we decide to exit the shields on the opposite side to their gang. About 3 minutes and 5 derps later our fleet turns in to a bunch of wrecks ( http://www.sotfkb.com/index.php/kill_related/615615/ ) and we say our gf's in local, wondering if we just broke the Guinness world record in bad decisions/minute. To reiterate the ideea that when you are having a bad day you should just logoff, later we also lose to a Rote Kapelle gang ( http://www.sotfkb.com/index.php/kill_related/615706/ ), and allthough a random PL drop saves our efficiency by melting the Rote triage archon that we shot at earlier, all in all we are not feeling that hot.

Meanwhile, in Geminate, our Brick Squad. foes aren't doing great either. The Geminate/Vale napfest consisting of Pinked, Broken Toys, GIANTSBANE. and co. decides to make a push for the BWF pocket and alltough bricks seem to deal with it pretty well initially, some Geminate coallition dreads make short work of the Brick baddons ( http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12900462 ). As the sight of caps works better than an improved blue pill for us, we get a major erection and instantly convo Bricks asking if they would agree a temp blue and if they could get another fight out of Gem coalition on saturday. Upon reciving a positive answer to both questions, we call it a day and go get some rest.

The op :

From previous scouting we know Gem coalition usually form up around 18-19 hrs server time, so as I log in on saturday after dt, I send an alliance mail asking people to be online at 18:00 hrs. I also poke First General, asking if Wolfsbrigade want in on the action. And man, they do ! At 18:00 server time, W-BR and their Dewa Brotherhood friends are moving twoards us, and I realise that with their 15 dps baddons, 3 neuting baddons and 6 guardians they actually have more than we do. Fortunately this is the time when our guys get past the mandatory hangover and start loggin in. At about 18:30 we finally merge fleets and our comp looks like this : 14-15 guardians, 4-5 neuting BS, 2 smartbombing BS, a hic and about 25-30 DPS BS (mostly baddons). Also, our temp blues from Brick Squad. form a 30+ man fleet with baddons and 6-7 guardians and start trying to provoke a new fight with Gem coalition. As the hangover is still strong with most of us, we decide to keep our 2 scout/cyno alts in a covops and a pilgrim with the brick fleet in case things kick off, and rely on bricks for intel about the moves of Gem coalition. Initial intel reports a 80+ man Gem coalition fleet formed on a titan in TZL, so the prospects are good. We park are fleet next to the bus and proceed to wait. And wait. And wait some more.

As it seems nothing is kicking off, Brick fleet decides to move from BND twoards Gem coalition staging system of LR-2XT, hoping that proximity to the enemy fleet will kickstart a fight. En route they also encounter 2 other 10+ nano gangs friendly to them, so now they have around 55-60 in the area. Still less than the 80 of Gem coalition, but apparently too much to encourage Pinked and co in to a fight. However, we get word of Gem coallition fleet getting within 2km of their bus, so something might happen soon. At that moment, I try and put myself in the mindset of the 0.0 sov bear and I call it in our command chat :

[ 2012.03.31 20:04:52 ] Lock out > inb4 they go in to your systems to grind ehp :)

And within the minute, Pinked and co. bridge out , we check the map for cynos and indeed IOO has a cyno up. At this moment everything is reversed. Bricks are in Pinked home pocket trying to get a fight and Pinked try and dodge the fight and go to Brick home pocked to grind EHP. Brick fleet does a u-turn and starts burning back to IOO , so do our scouts/cynos. Few minutes later, things get really interesting :

[ 2012.03.31 20:10:02 ] Harvey Skywarker > caps are in !!

Bricks have managed to get eyes in IOO and report 5 thanny, 3 rev, 6 phoenix, 1 nid, 4 moros, 2 chimmy shooting the I-HUB while the support fleet of around 80 is on the BND gate trying to cut Brick Squads route. We decide to go for it asap, with the brick fleet making best speed and joining the fight as soon as they get to IOO.

[ 2012.03.31 20:12:27 ] Lock out > if our cyno gets there first
[ 2012.03.31 20:12:31 ] Lock out > we'll jsut go for it
[ 2012.03.31 20:13:02 ] Harvey Skywarker > they are on BND gate atm
[ 2012.03.31 20:13:07 ] Tekitha > the caps?
[ 2012.03.31 20:13:45 ] Harvey Skywarker > sub caps on bnd gate , dreads on IOO i-hub

At about this exact time, Tekitha's scout in a helios manages to jump in to IOO and taking advantage of the fact that there is no support next to the caps to instapop the helios, we decide to use that for the bridge cyno instead of the well tanked but slower dual plated pilgrim that was about 1 jump behind. Tek's alt uncloaks and lights on top of the Gem coalition cap fleet , and none of us seems to realise that we're about to jump with only 50 subcaps in to a fleet of 21 caps and 80+ subcaps.

Cyno up ! Bridge up ! Bubble up ! And finally it all kicks off.

As there is no support on field I call the nidhoggur primary, First General is coordonating the neuts and is doing a great job neuting the heavy cap reliant Revs and Moroses so they can't land a couple of lucky volleys on our BS. We're all AB fit so we're happly orbiting the dreads without getting hit , the niddy melts and our ship scanners report one moros as beeing dry, so we proceed to primary it. With the moros in low armor, their support finally lands on field. We decide to finish the moros first and then go for the support. Doesn't take long till we melt him and then we start working some pesky scorps that were jamming our guardians. As I am trying to broadcast the targets I make a boo boo and hit "remove battleships form overview" instead of "broadcast target" . Nonetheless, Tekitha is providential as always and starts broadcasting scorps, megas, pests and such. Since we have the scorch advantage I ask everyone to orbit me and I take us at a bit of range till the megas and other short range support is dead. The Gem coalition make an unlucky call and primary one of our smartbombing BS, their drones head twoards him and he clears 10-15 % of their dps by simply pressing F1-F8. Our other smartbombing BS flies right in to the fighter swarm and takes out another good chunk of dps from carriers, giving our guardians some space to breathe. We lost a guardian and a couple BS in the initial moments after their support fleet landed, but now our reps have stabilised and are holding decently. Our energy guardians are feeding both neuters and our cap hungry dps abaddons and to make it even better, Brick Squad and friends land on the field and start melting stuff too. By this time it's clear we're winning and Gem Coalition initiate plan B : every man for himself.

Sharaar is doing a great job in his HIC keeping as many caps as possible bubbled, but a fair few are at distance and manage to regain cap and jump out while what's still alive of their support warps out. We manage to hold on to another 6 dreads and 1 thanny and killing them is a matter of time. The last 2 phoenixes initiate selfdestruct, but with them having no tank and no resists due to heavy neuting, melting them within 2 minutes is child's play. The total bodycount is 9 caps and 50+ support killed and under 10 support lost.

http://www.sotfkb.com/index.php/kill_related/615957/

Armyofme
April 2 2012, 11:34:11 AM
Nice br, seems like a fun fight

Sophia
April 2 2012, 10:44:38 PM
Nice br, seems like a fun fight

You still play? Come back to me! (Loike)

Anyway, a quick BR. As always there were goon fleets about, maka wanted to have some fun, so we formed up a 100 man tornado fleet (comp ~70 T3 bcs, 20 support, 10 logis) and set dest to goon staging system. On the way there, we found one of the mixed CFC fleets that had just finished RF'ing a RDN pos and we went for it. Local topped at 400 when we jumped in, fleet maxed at 110. -A- KB shows 86 friendly vs 296 hostile.

We warp to a planet, and then at range to a moon where the CFC fleet was. Being in alpha tornados, our optimal ranges were between 30-100km, yet obviously didnt want to be particularly close to a drake zerg. The CFC guys seemed to have 2 seperate drake fleets, along with a Test bomber squad. For the next hour, there was a constant to and fro and in-grid warps from both as everyone tried to outposition the other fleet. Our primaries generally dropped in one to two volleys, but obviously it was hard to tank the volley from 100drakes at a time also. We did a good job of keeping hostile long range tackle off the field (lach's were immediately primaried), and dictors generally got instapopped when they landed.

CFC were a bit more reserved in their positioning, generally choosing to engage only when both fleets were close to us, whereas we were generally trying to isolate one gang at a time...so there was a lot of cat and mouse. For the first half an hour of the fight, we were raking in more kills than losses, but then the test bomber squad turned up :psyduck: The first two (possibly 3) runs of theirs were fairly poor, and either caught nobody or a couple, but at one point they had a fantastic run and killed a decent number of ships (not sure on exact numbers), including our main FC and damaged the rest of us massively causing us to bail (I was down to 1/3 armour due to mwd turning off promptly). We probably lost a few more in the few systems neighbouring EOY as we bailed benny hill style.

Either way, it was an extremely fun fight, k/d was basically even (largely due to the bombing runs),
-A- kb link:
https://a-killed.me/?a=kill_related&kll_id=670822
~30 non -A- in our fleet, so losses are a bit higher (my corp lost another 4 bc's on top at least)

Eve-kill link:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12931946

First BR in ~2years

Artjay
April 3 2012, 12:41:31 PM
The op :

Was fun and the back-up was highly appreciated :)

It amazes me how many people who read en24 take it as gospel. We have actually been doing pretty well, considering we are not and do not claim to be one of those 'elite' pvp alliance with shit tons of ISK ans supers to throw around, we have been holding our own against superior numbers. Everyday we (Brick) log in expect to see BWF SBU'ed and under siege form a massive blob, but our cockroach guerilla warfare seems to be wearing down PinkedCo.

The battle so neatly described by Lock was indeed the end of a long weekend for us, twice we had brought our abaddons to bear on a pinked fleet twice our size and yes, twice we had been beaten back. However not without cost to the enemy, they lost a significant portion of their support fleet during the two initial clashes on Friday night, they also lost a lot of stuff to our snipe & tackle (standard brick procedure when we are out gunned, if you blob us, we will harass the fuck out of your fleet and anyone who doesn't align/warp gets pointed by a hero bomber, we nabbed several armour BS, guardians). They also failed big-time when they were deploying SBU's and managed to loose about 50% of them due to not guarding them properly when going for the online.

Whereas fights on our own turf get us guys riled up and we exhaust every opportunity for defence, and replacing abaddons & support is not a problem since we live for the fight, the long night on Friday left PinkedCo. support fleet a real kitchen sink on Saturday which definitely contributed to their downfall in IOO.

I hope they bring it again this weekend and every weekend, BWF is shit for ISK, but good for fights, and that is why we will keep fighting for it.

Cydo
April 25 2012, 10:29:02 PM
Raiden just dropped all of there sov (well almost).

Let the fun begin!

Daneel Trevize
April 25 2012, 10:37:22 PM
They had ~60 in local and 3 cynos at a time on the station in Jan when we came back from a null roam.

Marlona Sky
April 26 2012, 08:22:32 AM
Test really reset goons or is it just another bullshit troll?

Traxio Nacho
April 26 2012, 10:16:44 AM

The bold should answer your question there.

Smuggo
April 26 2012, 12:00:09 PM
So I guess now the classic NC is back but NCdot have replaced MM.

StevieTopSiders
April 26 2012, 04:56:40 PM

My understanding is that TEST reset the CFC but for Goons. (So they're neutral to everyone, blue to goons.)

Helen
April 26 2012, 06:41:29 PM

Fight the enemy long enough and I guess you become them.

Armyofme
May 4 2012, 10:45:02 PM

Fight the enemy long enough and I guess you become them.
Sadly does seem to be the truth of things

StevieTopSiders
May 30 2012, 02:57:54 AM
As EVOL's primetime number one commanding FC officer, I authorized a roam this evening with the intention of moving through Geminate, Kalavela Expanse, and Great Wildlands. My 5-man gang made it to the edge of Brick Squad space before we were set upon by a 20+ man Jagged Alliance gang. Warp-games were played until we finally killed an Eris and lost my ship and a Talos during a cross-jump.

http://evol.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13504057

Not pictured on here are the 4-5 Scimitars, a Broadsword, and 'Canes/Drakes who aggressed us in another system as we gate-crashed. coughdirtyblobberscough

In other news, Geminate is decently good for the 10-20 man gang size. If your gang is too small, Brick will catch you in the BWF perma-hellcamp, and you might get a large gang undocked on you in Giantsbad.'s station systems, but as long as you can muscle your way through the station systems, you should be good.

Artjay
May 30 2012, 09:25:05 AM
As EVOL's primetime number one commanding FC officer, I authorized a roam this evening with the intention of moving through Geminate, Kalavela Expanse, and Great Wildlands. My 5-man gang made it to the edge of Brick Squad space before we were set upon by a 20+ man Jagged Alliance gang. Warp-games were played until we finally killed an Eris and lost my ship and a Talos during a cross-jump.

Not pictured on here are the 4-5 Scimitars, a Broadsword, and 'Canes/Drakes who aggressed us in another system as we gate-crashed. coughdirtyblobberscough

In other news, Geminate is decently good for the 10-20 man gang size. If your gang is too small, Brick will catch you in the BWF perma-hellcamp, and you might get a large gang undocked on you in Giantsbad.'s station systems, but as long as you can muscle your way through the station systems, you should be good.

Heh. The BWF perma-hellcamp is a brick training ground of sorts. Its manned 90% of the time by our -shall we politely say - less able but eager members. Otto and some other guy form hydra came in the other night and tore them a new one with a big trail of wrecks stretching like 200k off the gate. If you want to get your solo vs blobs action on its a perfect place to come down to :)

In other news it seems a civil war has started in Kalevela. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13504836

Giantsbane are all chest beaty about winning this fight in alliance mails despite all the killing being done by Elo Knight & crew on their behalf. I have been keeping an eye on these guys and Giantsbane have had really low numbers out pvping so its no surprise they are being purged tbh.

StevieTopSiders
May 30 2012, 01:08:31 PM

Heh. The BWF perma-hellcamp is a brick training ground of sorts. Its manned 90% of the time by our -shall we politely say - less able but eager members. Otto and some other guy form hydra came in the other night and tore them a new one with a big trail of wrecks stretching like 200k off the gate. If you want to get your solo vs blobs action on its a perfect place to come down to :)

In other news it seems a civil war has started in Kalevela. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13504836

Giantsbane are all chest beaty about winning this fight in alliance mails despite all the killing being done by Elo Knight & crew on their behalf. I have been keeping an eye on these guys and Giantsbane have had really low numbers out pvping so its no surprise they are being purged tbh.

Why does everyone in Geminate fly armor oracles? In fact, everyone seems to fly really bad doctrines. Brick has like 6 and they're all mediocre.

Artjay
May 30 2012, 01:50:25 PM
You might want to check the kill boards a little more closely. Up until that fight, the only time I have seen non-brick in armour oracles in Gem is when AAA popped by once or twice. The rest use shield.

I guess its your opinion that Brick doctrines are mediocre, but looks like all Exolution roll is shield BC http://eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=2640&view=ships_weapons&m=5&y=2012 which is the peak of mediocrity is it not? (it is fun tho ofc).

The 1200 nado gangs we run are really fucking fun in my experience and the Lazerous fleet is just win win win when your fighting shield blobs and need to get the job done.

http://youtu.be/JhOds6SMHDI

http://youtu.be/lOvCLnVWEj8

Hellcats and A-hacs we occasionally bust out which are pretty standard and shield nano for roaming once in a while so we do mix it up.

What do you consider a good doctrine?

StevieTopSiders
May 30 2012, 02:28:31 PM
You might want to check the kill boards a little more closely. Up until that fight, the only time I have seen non-brick in armour oracles in Gem is when AAA popped by once or twice. The rest use shield.

I guess its your opinion that Brick doctrines are mediocre, but looks like all Exolution roll is shield BC http://eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=2640&view=ships_weapons&m=5&y=2012 which is the peak of mediocrity is it not? (it is fun tho ofc).

The 1200 nado gangs we run are really fucking fun in my experience and the Lazerous fleet is just win win win when your fighting shield blobs and need to get the job done.

http://youtu.be/JhOds6SMHDI

http://youtu.be/lOvCLnVWEj8

Hellcats and A-hacs we occasionally bust out which are pretty standard and shield nano for roaming once in a while so we do mix it up.

What do you consider a good doctrine?

Ohgod, I've been called out. :v

EVOL uses shield BC's, because nothing beats the bang-to-buck ratio for our usual gang size (Me and the 1-3 people I can pester to log on).

As for Brick's doctrines.... I personally dislike Lazerous and LoHAC's, but otherwise they're all proven doctrines. I can't say why I dislike those two, but vOv

Also, we're blue, jsyk.

Strelsky
May 31 2012, 02:49:39 AM

To my (limited) knowledge on this issue the unrest originated mainly from Giantsbane's leadership behaviour - their activity was questionable and when they did do something it was along the lines of them saying "hey, we need you to drop these systems so we can get jump bridges in them, kk?" or some shit like that. From what I understand they (GB.) were simply a pain to work with due to their bad attitude when dealing with their allies and at some point people got pissed enough to call in the reset.

As far as future development is involved, I suppose it will just come down to how long is Black Legion going to carry GB. Clearly BL's refined skills are more than capable of royally raping us, but on the other hand GB. don't really stand much of a chance on their own. The whole deal is a shame really, there are dudes in GB. that I liked.

Vadeim Rizen
June 6 2012, 05:36:45 PM
While gearin up for another night of roaming, we were discussing where we wanted to go. Providence has slowly started to pick up action but for the most part we’ve killed everything we’ve seen, and fights are getting scarce. One of our alliance mates happened to scan down a WH that dropped us within a few jumps of Tribute. Only took about 10 seconds of convincing for everyone to hop on board, to the North we go!

Wasn’t long before we got some action. Shortly after ganking a Northern Coalition. Vigilant and Falcon that were gatecamping the low-sec entrance to null, NC. bridged an arty munin fleet of around 25-30 people. We scuffled briefly, caught a few stragglers, then it was time to go. We pay them a visit to their home system only to find station games with capitals so we move on.

After moving about 20 jumps and seeing nothing we started to question whether or not we should have ventured this far out, as it was already very late in the night and people were starting to get itchy to get home and go to bed.

Final destination is set. L-C307 is only about 8 jumps away so we head down that way to see what we can stir up there.

Didn’t take long for the Fatal Ascension guys to become interested. They make it obvious that they wanted to keep our attention as they would undock several ships, dock them up etc… then after about 5 minutes a Tengu undocks. Soon enough it becomes lockable and becomes another Exodus. kill mail.

That’s what really got their attention. Only a minute or 2 later the drake fleet warps in and we start burning, and killing everything we see:

http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13582622

A total of 51 ships were killed totalling nearly 6 billion isk. Nothing was lost.

Was a very fun fight and props to Fatal Ascension for bringing us a fight. Look forward to another round soon enough.

Daneel Trevize
June 6 2012, 05:44:23 PM
Let me tell you about being chased by that NC arty fleet (when we've already welped on them for an attempted gf & been reduced to pods) for a solid 15+ minutes including abusing JBs just to head us off repeatedly. Actually I'll let Mangala do the official RvB write-up, but fucking hell I've never ever seen a worse waste of an actually comped fleet's time than chasing noob pods about in HACs & Cynabals + plenty of Scimis & bubblers. I guess why actually do something nullsec-related with a many-bil-isk fleet when you can just try blap empty pods in otherwise-empty space, risk free? Kill mail efficiency, elite pvp srs bsns :roll:

Smuggo
June 6 2012, 06:16:24 PM
Let me tell you about being chased by that NC arty fleet (when we've already welped on them for an attempted gf & been reduced to pods) for a solid 15+ minutes including abusing JBs just to head us off repeatedly. Actually I'll let Mangala do the official RvB write-up, but fucking hell I've never ever seen a worse waste of an actually comped fleet's time than chasing noob pods about in HACs & Cynabals + plenty of Scimis & bubblers. I guess why actually do something nullsec-related with a many-bil-isk fleet when you can just try blap empty pods in otherwise-empty space, risk free? Kill mail efficiency, elite pvp srs bsns :roll:

NCdot is basically Morsus Mihi so not really surprising.

Varesk
July 3 2012, 12:15:46 PM
This past Saturday Black Legion formed up for our daily OP. Instead ship changes were announced and we ended up Reinforcing a PL Tech moon. The tower exited reinforced on Monday. We formed up at 1900 with our pals in Monkey Circus, Sat around and waited. After a bit of idle chat on Mumble we undocked and warped to the Titan, Jumped in and started shooting the POS.

Then they cyno opened and xxDeath cynoed in a T3BC fleet at 0 then remained at around 20kms. Needless to say it was a good fight. During this fight we cynoed in 2 triage Archons. As we were fighting xxDeath the CFC fleet entered system with the Drake fleet. After a lot of fighting and losing the two Archons, and bridging replacements in, we held the field. We started to shoot the tower again and the wrecks that were around us.

The tower reached about 5% shield when the rest of the reinforcements from Delve showed up. Three cynos opened up and in they came. There were some tense moments as we were aligned out and waiting for the exit cyno. Cyno goes up as the CFC fleet lands, Carries jump out, we ping to a planet then head back to k3. PL then cynos in triage carriers and reps the POS.

At the end, CFC held the field and we had a ~goodfight~.
http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=8591

Lexa Hellfury
July 29 2012, 12:26:52 PM
What's Venal like these days? any good for ninja-ratting, or tons of fleets everywhere?

StevieTopSiders
July 29 2012, 02:06:59 PM
What's Venal like these days? any good for ninja-ratting, or tons of fleets everywhere?

BL. and xDeath are the two entities I hear of getting lots of action in Venal. However, why you would need to go "ninja-ratting" instead of missioning is beyond me.

Sponk
July 29 2012, 02:25:31 PM
Last time I flew past 6NJ there were two dozen xxdeath in station.

Varesk
August 2 2012, 05:04:35 PM
Venal will not be safe for ratters or mission runners anytime soon. Last night BL/NCDOT/NULLI went to shoot some CFC people over a TECH moon. Even though no one shot the moon, Goonswarm Federation declared that NCDOT has broke the OTECH agreement and have decided to go to war. I am expecting a big clown car of Goons/Pets to be around the area. Also Goonswarm took no time to Blue Solar. The only question remains is how long before PL/TEST are called back to the north.

SycIh
August 2 2012, 06:28:50 PM
Venal will not be safe for ratters or mission runners anytime soon. Last night BL/NCDOT/NULLI went to shoot some CFC people over a TECH moon. Even though no one shot the moon, Goonswarm Federation declared that NCDOT has broke the OTECH agreement and have decided to go to war. I am expecting a big clown car of Goons/Pets to be around the area. Also Goonswarm took no time to Blue Solar. The only question remains is how long before PL/TEST are called back to the north.

Got any detail about this? I'm suddently interressed a ton :D

illusionalsgcty
August 2 2012, 09:08:08 PM

Got any detail about this? I'm suddently interressed a ton :D

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=9990

It was a really nice fight. BL, NCdot and Nulli's blap dreads ate up the CFC alphafleet, but the CFC tengus proved much more resilient and able to keep range. At one point the BL/NCDOT/NULLI drakefleet was chewing through the scimitars of the tengufleet while the CFC tengus were working on the scimitars of the drakes. CFC finished off the last of the scimitars and they left the field. To their credit, they came back briefly on top of the tower without any logistics left, although they left pretty quickly after that.

TEST and Pandemic Legion will be staying in the south for now.

For those of you that don't know, Northern Coalitiondot just broke OTEC and formally opened hostilities between NCdot/ev0ke and the CFC.

In response to this TEST will be deploying to H-W9TY to reinforce two new members of the Honeybadger Coalition. GEAR UP M8s

#### SENT BY - Montolio to test-alliance @ Aug 02 2012 04:25:21 EVE Time ####
(12:25:50 AM) pleaseignore.com: line in the sand, tribute will never fall, etc etc

#### SENT BY - Richter Enderas to test-alliance @ Aug 02 2012 04:26:07 EVE Time ####
(12:26:52 AM) pleaseignore.com: Just kidding, this is what I get for letting Daley write broadcasts.

If the CFC needs us up north, expect titan chains and/or eye of terror convoys to assist with big fights.

#### SENT BY - Montolio to test-alliance @ Aug 02 2012 04:27:09 EVE Time ####

SycIh
August 2 2012, 10:04:20 PM
Nice thanks for the info.

Varesk
August 2 2012, 11:06:02 PM

For those of you that don't know, Northern Coalitiondot just broke OTEC and formally opened hostilities between NCdot/ev0ke and the CFC.

In response to this TEST will be deploying to H-W9TY to reinforce two new members of the Honeybadger Coalition. GEAR UP M8s

(12:25:50 AM) pleaseignore.com: line in the sand, tribute will never fall, etc etc

#### SENT BY - Richter Enderas to test-alliance @ Aug 02 2012 04:26:07 EVE Time ####
(12:26:52 AM) pleaseignore.com: Just kidding, this is what I get for letting Daley write broadcasts.

If the CFC needs us up north, expect titan chains and/or eye of terror convoys to assist with big fights.

H-W is in the North, are they moving or staying?

Also, Evoke wasnt even there or a part of the OP last night. I am unsure what they did to break the OTECH agreement.

Sponk
August 2 2012, 11:29:00 PM
I am unsure what they did to break the OTECH agreement.

One of these two things.

1. Attempted to take (or ninja) a CFC tech moon
2. Looked vulnerable.

illusionalsgcty
August 2 2012, 11:51:55 PM
I am unsure what they did to break the OTECH agreement.
Attempted to take (or ninja) a CFC tech moon

H-W is in the North, are they moving or staying?

Also, Evoke wasnt even there or a part of the OP last night. I am unsure what they did to break the OTECH agreement.

The first broadcast was a troll. We're staying deployed in Delve.

Varesk
October 14 2012, 10:00:29 PM
After this past fridays "Because of Falcon" incident Black Legion moved back to their home in K3. After being gone for the last two months some old "friends" move in to N5y from their previous home of 6nj. Today we let them know we returned home.

We were going about our usual business of talking shit and not really doing anything when the call went out for a fleet to harass our old friends. We sat patiently on our Titan and waited for the call to jump. After about 20 minutes of missed tackles and many laughs we were surprised when our Gila undocked and was instantly shot at by XXXDEATH. The screams of "Cyno up" and "Jump Jump Jump" were drowned out by my sound being on.

We landed on the n5y station and quickly removed the Tornados and Tengu that were shooting our poor Gila. Then all of a sudden XXXDeath undocked two Dreads, Moros and Nag . This was fantastic. Undocking Dreads and shooting our cyno ship. Many LOLs where had as we kept bumping the Gila so they couldnt hit it. All of a sudden the cry went out "Dreads are sieged on the station". Thankfully my sound was off and I could hear what was about to happen.

"Cyno up" was said on coms and Two Titans cynoed in and DD the xxxDeath Dreads on the station. Many cheers where heard on coms. After they dreads were gone, we stuck around and waited for the cyno on the Gila to go down and for the Titans to jump out.

After we returned back to K3, coms were a buzz with how happy we are to be home in Venal.

Link for the fight: http://blacklegion.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14877082

The sabre was sitting at his cyno trap, I found this out last night when I was really drunk and warped my Sabre to the cyno. It evened out. I died, his corps tower killed him.

FakeEdit: Over the past two months xxxDeath have been shooting at or camping in the people that didnt move to Tribute. They have DDed carriers, blobbed mission runners and removed most of our towers in Venal. Even though today was really lopsided and we did have more numbers on the field, it did feel good to give them the "in and out" with no lube. Things will be interesting in the next couple of weeks.

StevieTopSiders
October 14 2012, 10:54:09 PM
Already a Venereal thread, m8r. not anymore - grarr

However, I'm glad to see that Black Legion. will no longer be propping up NC. When Mfume joins and there are Muninns at 02:20, I will consider app'ing. (:

Varesk
October 15 2012, 12:31:09 AM
Already a Venereal thread, m8r.

However, I'm glad to see that Black Legion. will no longer be propping up NC. When Mfume joins and there are Muninns at 02:20, I will consider app'ing. (:

Recruitment is closed.

0220 Munnin OP is go for tonight.

Jingu
October 16 2012, 03:40:23 AM
Looks like Mildly Intoxicated have moved in recently, anyone got news on that?

Caldrion Dosto
October 20 2012, 03:06:43 PM
Varesk i like how your taking credit for something that wasn't "your" doing.

The Gila was NOT black legion.

It was a MAIM (nulli) Gila from the player Promephius. Who´s been dicking around in N5y baiting and killing them for days.

So credit where credit is due for setting it up.

LordsServant
January 17 2013, 07:45:24 PM
I remember back venal was occupied by/controlled by those terrible super cap heavy alliances. Thank god goons and their "death 2 supers" finally removed them and cleared it for some gfs.

Oh wait... http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15939409

This is part of why goons disgust me so much. If it's being used against them, omgjeezusitsthedevil, when they're using it it's nbd.

It's fucking pathetic, and as a side note, I can understand why they never had the balls to man up and fight an even fight when supers worked as a counter against the blob: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15939665

This guy has had his Titan for almost 2 years - you could call him one of the cfc's "experienced" Supercap pilots. His kills are 99% structures, with the subcap kills I bothered to check being mostly friendlies.

It's ok goons, if my best Supercap pilots were all overexcitable twelve year olds who accidentally dd friendly carriers when they get anything other than a structure grind, I wouldn't want to put them in anything even close to a fair fight either. :roll:

Longdrinks
January 17 2013, 08:33:50 PM
linked your post to the relevant people so dbrb could read it on his stream, hi5s where had.

LordsServant
January 17 2013, 08:38:14 PM
linked your post to the relevant people so dbrb could read it on his stream, hi5s where had.

Why Ty. I only dreamed those guys would actually see this stuff. =D

I'd plusrep but it'd be grey, and I actually forget how since I think I've done it all of 3 times.

Edit: while you're tossing them stuff, plse tell them that once, a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I respected the, for what they did. I had quite some respect for them holding up after watching the nc get steamrolled, even if it was sorta odd to stab your traditional allies in the back. Ever since then, it's steadily eroded to the point of me not considering the present iteration of goons anything like the goonswarm I used to know and respect.

(miniluv ganks, hisec shenanigans, and other stuff is still p. Chill - and good to see SUAS back in goons - unless he sold/gave his char away - always had respect for him, booting him over some Titan shenanigans was p. Retarded IMO)

Tl;dr stick to your principles, if not, don't pretend you had any to begin with.

Lock out
January 17 2013, 09:45:39 PM
To be honest we weren't too bothered with beeing blobbed with supers. We knew it's close to VFK, we knew they might react in <5 min. But with 90 % of null beeing blue or soft blue, someone has to make explosions happen so we figured if no one else will, it falls to us to create some content. Plus, it's not even the dumbest or ballsiest thing we did, last year about this time we were dropping on PL in Amamake ;)

LordsServant
January 18 2013, 12:49:21 AM
To be honest we weren't too bothered with beeing blobbed with supers. We knew it's close to VFK, we knew they might react in <5 min. But with 90 % of null beeing blue or soft blue, someone has to make explosions happen so we figured if no one else will, it falls to us to create some content. Plus, it's not even the dumbest or ballsiest thing we did, last year about this time we were dropping on PL in Amamake ;)

Mad props for giving it a go. Can't have win if you don't have whelps to compare it to. :P

Just watched the video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ-l-QGC3g0

I was sorta under the impression DBRB was THE main goon FC. I'm rather surprised by his reaction to ~20 dreads jumping in. :S Local clearly showed no huge spike, they're within jump range of their supercap fleet(+titan bridged blob if needed), yet he's freaking out on comms screaming for supers. He obviously gets results, but I don't think I've EVER heard an FC sound that freaked out/panicked(at least not any I've flown under).

Not what you'd expect from someone that experienced with FCing. o.0

TimNeilson
January 18 2013, 01:54:29 AM
You obviously don't know DBRB then

StevieTopSiders
January 18 2013, 01:59:35 AM
DBRB is Goons main structure-grinder. Their good FC is Mister Vee.

Friendly Gank
January 19 2013, 12:08:59 AM
I was sorta under the impression DBRB was THE main goon FC. I'm rather surprised by his reaction to ~20 dreads jumping in. :S Local clearly showed no huge spike, they're within jump range of their supercap fleet(+titan bridged blob if needed), yet he's freaking out on comms screaming for supers. He obviously gets results, but I don't think I've EVER heard an FC sound that freaked out/panicked(at least not any I've flown under).

Not what you'd expect from someone that experienced with FCing. o.0

DBRB is a really bad FC. I could try using more emphatic language but no words could do his level of competence justice. That said, he is not even the worst guy FCing in the alliance, let alone the whole bloc. Also we would be dead and long gone without him, he truly excels at the type of bloc level PvE which is alot of the coalitions activity.

StevieTopSiders
January 19 2013, 10:50:02 AM
Black Legion. podding to Sendaya in order to escape The Goon hellcamp.

WhenSofflesGetsUpset
May 23 2013, 04:32:04 AM
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=17895883

Lost a dread fleet?

Doesn't matter, ganked supers (and a titan).

Lolgewnz. =D

Marlona Sky
May 23 2013, 08:05:35 PM
http://themittani.com/news/super-capital-and-dreadnought-battle-venal

This is my article on TMC about the capital brawl in Venal yesterday.

michaeljd
January 5 2014, 03:07:36 AM
Video Courtesy of Black legion:
http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=25590

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-HoQhNvAY

A Goon RENTER System came out of IHUB RF and BL formed ~100 Maels and some Triage (only like 10 Logi). CFC had Domis, and CO2 had a smaller Phoon fleet. We cyno'd in Slowcats on the IHUB Maels landed on IHUB grid first and started by almost alpha'ing a Thanatos (it had cap mods in like 3 lows) and they started shooting Slows while the CFC Domis burned in and neuted. At that time 3 BL triage from us came in and began repping but DPS from 50 slowcats isn't that good so we were having trouble breaking the maels. Anyways, we facepalmed as we were starting to lose a carrier here and there who either broadcasted late or didn't say something on comms.
Eventually our subs Finally came in but it was getting really rough in there. Finally, after realizing that black legion refused to commit caps NC. jumped in ~70 Archons and started triggering on BL. We started grinding through them while BL stayed on grid with Vee's Dominix fleet and we lost 2 of our triage Archons but they were eventually pushed off through a bunch of bomb runs from both MOA and TEST. EMP, TEST, and NC. held the field and pushed it into final reinforce. Good fights everyone.

michaeljd
January 5 2014, 03:15:15 AM
Anyways, as I smug when I win fights I am going to be a good loser. Damn good fight gentleman. I look forward to seeing you out there soon :)

Jayarr
January 5 2014, 04:07:50 AM
This reads like you have a split personality autism disorder. Rewrite on my desk by monday or you fail kthx

michaeljd
January 5 2014, 04:34:11 AM
Sorry was trying to FC a fleet while typing it up. Wont happen again :ohnoes:

antoine
January 5 2014, 01:57:22 PM
This reads like you have a split personality autism disorder. Rewrite on my desk by monday or you fail kthx

it's cause he copied and pasted a BL battlereport and tried to edit it

antoine
January 6 2014, 08:00:28 PM
http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=25658
http://i.imgur.com/ajRU7k2.png

mike how long until you take the keys away from baki and aerallo?

Keckers
January 6 2014, 08:27:34 PM
Kind of surprising they were ever given the keys given their past record.

Tetsuo
January 6 2014, 09:26:54 PM
The forum quote from some Test shitlord on TMC is pretty priceless.

bundus
January 6 2014, 09:45:30 PM
The forum quote from some Test shitlord on TMC is pretty priceless.

you mean this?

http://i.imgur.com/pUWpRM9.png

Tetsuo
January 6 2014, 09:49:00 PM
That's the one, lol

Nax
January 6 2014, 11:05:19 PM
Glorious.

Bam Stroker
January 6 2014, 11:39:53 PM
Next level burn right there.

Orar Ironfist
January 7 2014, 02:13:11 AM
That's p hilarious. I wonder how EMP will take it.

Bocephus
January 7 2014, 04:23:52 AM
The "burn" or the welp?

I guess that question is irrelevant because both are water off a duck's back as far as we are concerned.

Tetsuo
January 7 2014, 05:38:00 AM
The burn, and also that TEST is being TEST and smugging about not helping allies, demonstrating a certain lack of self awareness that only they can do so well.

Keckers
January 7 2014, 09:16:21 AM
Test are still useless shitlords nonshocker

antoine
January 7 2014, 01:22:34 PM
The "burn" or the welp?

I guess that question is irrelevant because both are water off a duck's back as far as we are concerned.

kind of sucks for the pilots how lackluster EMP cap reimbursement is though

DevilDude
January 7 2014, 04:39:40 PM
Can someone please explain to me how test ended up on the other side from CFC? I mean I've followed the whole thing, all the way back to their hanging out with PL and throwing goons the finger, but I still don't get it? Culturally they're just in the wrong fucking place. I mean, they can't actually think they're going to be like NC. or PL can they? Hell they can't even manage a level of organization comparable to nulli or even EMP for fucks sake, at least those guys look like they might turn into something nasty if they build up their organizations properly.

ManuMilitari
January 7 2014, 04:48:04 PM
classic post. TEST being TEST i guess.. curious to see what the responses were like?

ManuMilitari
January 7 2014, 04:49:00 PM
@Devil, 100% agree. I think they are just riding the CFC evicted us, payback is motivation card despite the fact they clearly dont fit in with their new friends.

Orar Ironfist
January 7 2014, 05:29:51 PM
Can someone please explain to me how test ended up on the other side from CFC? I mean I've followed the whole thing, all the way back to their hanging out with PL and throwing goons the finger, but I still don't get it? Culturally they're just in the wrong fucking place. I mean, they can't actually think they're going to be like NC. or PL can they? Hell they can't even manage a level of organization comparable to nulli or even EMP for fucks sake, at least those guys look like they might turn into something nasty if they build up their organizations properly.

Reddit and SA may have similar cultures, but that doesn't mean that each doesn't think they're better. I think at this point though its just old animosity over the eviction thing fueled by propoganda.

Tetsuo
January 7 2014, 05:41:22 PM
I think shittani just needed something to do. If he hadn't had this weird obsessive meta game thing with Montolio that eventually laid low the mighty invincible nullsec powerhouse of TEST, what else was he going to do that would let him live out his master spy persona?

TheHenni
January 7 2014, 06:53:23 PM
nvm

QuackBot
January 7 2014, 08:00:18 PM
I think shittani just needed something to do. If he hadn't had this weird obsessive meta game thing with Montolio that eventually laid low the mighty invincible nullsec powerhouse of TEST, what else was he going to do that would let him live out his master spy persona?
He is a spy.

Tetsuo
January 7 2014, 08:07:06 PM
lolol

michaeljd
January 7 2014, 10:37:23 PM
Hey sorry about not covering the capital dunk. I am really busy at the academy but yeah. Goonies got us good. Well done, It is what it is, we will rebuild and get people shipped up again. Other then that can't really do anything but let them gloat a little.

Naoru
January 8 2014, 07:44:28 AM
Have to say it's pretty funny teasing <EMP> members about the whelp in local. They get rather heated lol.

Keckers
January 8 2014, 10:17:58 AM
Well the northern front is more or less lost now Test have joined in. Someone fire your diplos or something.

Bocephus
January 9 2014, 12:19:44 AM

Honestly, TEST will never probably become an organized PVP alliance based alliance, they will always be a culture first alliance. But at the same time, they were smart enough to look at the CFC's system and see how fucked up it was and flipped them the middle finger. TEST then formed a coalition who's all but stated purpose was to destroy the CFC (whether it was or was not is up for debate, but I assure you the average TESTie felt it was). Make no mistake, TEST disliked the CFC long before Fountain and will dislike them long after it. Obviously shit went wrong when Sort Dragon decided to fight the wrong coalition, the HBC crumbled, and the CFC went for the throat. If anything that just solidified enemies for life. So as long as TEST and the CFC exist, TEST will always be friends with enemies of the CFC.

ManuMilitari
January 9 2014, 05:27:23 AM
Honestly, TEST will never probably become an organized PVP alliance based alliance, they will always be a culture first alliance. But at the same time, they were smart enough to look at the CFC's system and see how fucked up it was and flipped them the middle finger. PL then used TEST as puppets to form a meat shield coalition who's all but stated purpose was to destroy the CFC (whether it was or was not is up for debate, but I assure you the average TESTie felt it was). Make no mistake, TEST disliked the CFC long before Fountain and will dislike them long after it. Obviously shit went wrong when Sort Dragon decided to fight the wrong coalition, the HBC crumbled, and the CFC went for the throat. If anything that just solidified enemies for life. So as long as TEST and the CFC exist, TEST will always be friends with enemies of the CFC.

*fixed it for you

Vily
January 11 2014, 01:16:54 AM
honestly, and this may be what one could call a "dissenting opinion"

any group, and especially one with the infrastructure and numbers comparable to test, has a vertical limit only limited by their FC's and leadership.

With a really good leader and two A-tier FC's test literally could be anything they wanted to be in six months time. But without that strength at the top it will never happen

Orar Ironfist
January 11 2014, 01:29:15 AM
So it'll never happen then~

Milton Middleson
January 11 2014, 02:19:21 AM
I admittedly lack inside knowledge, but given that TEST appears at times to not merely eschew competence but actively denigrate it, it seems unlikely that they'll ever produce and retain such individuals.

Armyofme
February 4 2014, 11:11:40 AM
Fun times ahead =)
http://i.imgur.com/sjLZnLq.gif

DaDutchDude
February 4 2014, 01:15:44 PM
Fun times ahead =)

Uhm ... elaborate?

Aliventi
February 4 2014, 03:10:44 PM
Have fun grinding the south while N3 invades the north.

Tetsuo
February 4 2014, 03:49:01 PM
Fun times ahead =)

Uhm ... elaborate?

Rumour has it Elo stepped down, BL is going after CO2 which makes shittens angry, and BL ostensibly tired of being in the CFC* is telling CFC to "come at me bro" basically.

*Yes BL isn't technically in the CFC, just defending CFC assets in return for perks.

Marlona Sky
February 4 2014, 05:20:23 PM
What are the perks for bl defending the CFC?

Tetsuo
February 4 2014, 05:27:03 PM
Discount super caps, "grrr pandemic legion", having renter sov in CFC space (IIRC PASTA got rolled into BL when Pizza stopped being a thing).

Vily
February 4 2014, 06:20:34 PM
What are the perks for bl defending the CFC?

ETNY yards were open to them, and i think waffe yards as well, to the tune of 5-10 supers a month at ally cost

DaDutchDude
February 4 2014, 09:36:57 PM
Ah, interesting indeed, stumbled onto the thing at EN24. It won't make a dent in CFC as a dominant force in 0.0, but it'll sure be a pesky flee that bites hard if it wants to.

It also shows why alliances that play for 'Good Fights(TM)' will never fit in CFC for long, since their FC type leaders can't stand to be told by space politicians what they can and cannot do. CFC won't really mind though because it will generate content.

Armyofme
February 4 2014, 11:40:37 PM
First things first. EVERYONE has done an amazing job at stuff since moving to k3j. We’ve had great numbers and great fleets. Sadly we just don’t
have enough to beat 40 sc and 40-100 carriers when they can call for help. We’re not going to bang your heads against the wall. A few things have
been building up over the last month or two to lead to a few things.

Backstory:
Since Fountain CFC have been making us supers and more recently, titans for a very good price. In return we agreed to not rape them as long as
they continued to do this. This has been great for building our super fleet. However, when someone does something for you that they believer is
worth more what you do for them, they try to hold it over you at times.

“”Don’t drop our stratops”"
Something we’ve all heard over the years I’m sure. CFC asked that we not interfere with their cap ops. We agreed as we were frying bigger fish in
the south. However, when we went to the north again CO2 had other amazing plans.

Timeline:
CO2 Drops supers on our dreads in Vale while we are helping GENTs. We let them go after raping them in the spirit of good friendship with cfc.

CO2 Drops our pos shoot op in venal. They get raped. This makes me angry as they expect us to not drop their shit.

Flash Forward to H-W on this weekend. CO2 warp carriers to a gate and we see an opportunity to get revenge. We drop the hammer on them and rape them.
CFC is FURIOUS at this as we agreed not to drop their ops(why are they dropping us then?).

Me, Ips, Muha and Steel all decided when we went into deals with CFC that we would never let them use it to bully us. I have stepped down as leader of
BL and handed it to Ips until he decides to be done with it again. I will FC all the time, but under direction of Ips’ vision. I expect full support
of everyone towards Ips as I fully believe in him. We will bleed a lot for this, but we must stick together and prepare for maximum action.

We will be doing MAX REGROUPS in Venal and begin assaulting Co2. If CFC get involved, then we’ll be at war with CFC too. Just like old times, we’ll be
poor and alone and getting tons of fights. I hope everyone is ready. Look forward to Ips’ update”

Keeves
February 5 2014, 01:01:16 AM
BL should just reset all standings and go back to "no fucks given" legion.

Armyofme
February 5 2014, 01:06:24 AM

As far as i know we currently only have 1 alliance blue to us

LeoniaTavira
February 5 2014, 01:52:57 AM

Still +10 to Infernal Octopus?

Pyra!
February 5 2014, 05:11:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OqF33wR.png

Is this actually real?

Keckers
February 5 2014, 06:50:36 PM
Double bluff

smuggo
February 5 2014, 07:16:09 PM

Just because you don't have blue standings with someone doesn't mean you're actively shooting them.

meowtiger
February 5 2014, 09:20:10 PM
Just because you don't have blue standings with someone doesn't mean you're actively shooting them.

i'm not blue to marmite, nor am i actively shooting them. doesn't mean we're friends.

Cue1*
February 5 2014, 09:36:33 PM

i'm not blue to marmite, nor am i actively shooting them. doesn't mean we're friends.

Right, now that we've established that lack of a relationship doesn't mean friend or foe, can we get back to BRs?

meowtiger
February 5 2014, 09:43:46 PM
Right, now that we've established that lack of a relationship doesn't mean friend or foe, can we get back to BRs?

this (http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=21754394) happened earlier. from the looks of it, bl was cleaning up some r64 towers coming out of rf, co2 dropped t3bc on them and managed to kill 1 dread before getting utterly #rekt

anyone involved wanna correct me/post footage?

Armyofme
February 7 2014, 10:03:41 PM
So, whats with Tri killing one of their own titans?

meowtiger
February 7 2014, 10:33:33 PM

apparently he was leaving for bl and got commisared (?)

Tetsuo
February 7 2014, 11:09:14 PM
So, TEST is now reinventing themselves as a shit version of PIZZA apparently. Looking forward to BLOPS fleets getting dunked by ratting carriers

equak
February 7 2014, 11:50:35 PM

apparently he was leaving for bl and got commisared (?)

I'm sure that'll attract a lot Titan pilots :facepalm:

Armyofme
February 8 2014, 01:42:44 AM
Goon carrier was cought ratting in deklin by a Tri gang from what i can tell. Goons desided to escalate it by jumping in 20+ carriers to save him.
Tri got on the batphone to us, so we formed up a small mael fleet to come help Tri killing them.

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?br=http%3A%2F%2Feve-kill.net%2F%3Fa%3Dkill_related%26kll_id%3D21803203&Goonswarm_Federation=red&Black_Legion_=blue&Triumvirate_=blue&Verge_of_Collapse=blue&Mordus_Angels=blue&The_Hub_Life=blue&Tactical_Narcotics_Team=red&SpaceMonkey_s_Alliance=red&I_Whip_My_Slaves_Back_and_Forth=red&Circle_Of_Two=red#assign

We had hoped goons would jump in more, but sadly they didnt :(

DaDutchDude
February 8 2014, 02:36:18 AM
*lol*
"More carriers guys, that'll scare them off!"

The Gnome
February 8 2014, 02:57:02 AM
I'm sure that'll attract a lot Titan pilots :facepalm:

While killing someones titan because he's leaving is very unchill, these dudes don't exactly need to "attract" Titan pilots.

Armyofme
February 10 2014, 08:58:08 PM
Right, so after having been back home in the north for a little while, and after resetting all standings with CFC, we have taken all of CO2's r64 and tech moons in and around tribute.
So far we have met very little in the way of resistance, but we expect goons to be rushing up to aid them very soon.
Hopefully we will be getting a lot of good fights soon.

Keckers
February 10 2014, 10:28:36 PM
Good fights or blobby tidi fests?

DaDutchDude
February 10 2014, 10:44:56 PM
Depends on what you call 'good fights'. Knowing the CFC, the number of actual good fights (as in: closely contested, outcome initially unsure) will be very limited. They only get involved on a coalition basis when they want to stop the fighting, usually by bringing the blob if they feel they can win that way, or bribing coming to a diplomatic arrangement otherwise. I think CFC has succeeded in pacifying you in both ways in previous encounters and I doubt we'll see a new, unexpected outcome. And if the CFC doesn't get involved, it's just you enjoying kicking a weaker kid in the balls repeatedly, not really a good fight at all.

Armyofme
February 10 2014, 10:45:06 PM
Good fights or blobby tidi fests?Well personally i hate tidi. So yeah, im hoping for proper good fights, though i guess that wont happen with goons

QuackBot
February 11 2014, 12:00:11 AM
Depends on what you call 'good fights'. Knowing the CFC, the number of actual good fights (as in: closely contested, outcome initially unsure) will be very limited. They only get involved on a coalition basis when they want to stop the fighting, usually by bringing the blob if they feel they can win that way, or bribing coming to a diplomatic arrangement otherwise. I think CFC has succeeded in pacifying you in both ways in previous encounters and I doubt we'll see a new, unexpected outcome. And if the CFC doesn't get involved, it's just you enjoying kicking a weaker kid in the balls repeatedly, not really a good fight at all.
Stop bringing truth into this.

Armyofme
February 11 2014, 12:22:35 AM
I think CFC has succeeded in pacifying you in both ways in previous encounters and I doubt we'll see a new, unexpected outcome. And if the CFC doesn't get involved, it's just you enjoying kicking a weaker kid in the balls repeatedly, not really a good fight at all.
As i said, we are in it for the good fights. We dont expect to win a war in such regards against a massive force such as CFC. But you can bet your ass we will do our best to be a pain in the ass =)

bundus
February 11 2014, 12:30:15 AM
I swear to god quackers

Vily
February 11 2014, 12:30:26 AM
when it comes to "assets" goodfights are not what we aim for. actually they are the opposite of what we aim for.

when you come into our house and piss on the ruggs while we are out smashing other people in the face, dont expect us to play nice when we finally get back.

we came to curse originally for "goodfights" but after getting slowcat blobbed for 2 weeks straight and then getting laughed at on the forums for how we were "afraid to escalate" you can imagine why we may have moved down our supers and decided to take the war a bit more seriously

Armyofme
February 11 2014, 12:46:14 AM
when it comes to "assets" goodfights are not what we aim for. actually they are the opposite of what we aim for.

At least we can say that unlike that other legion, we actually got the balls to hit your moons ;)

I know that must be unheard of for you guys, to actually realise someone goes after your assets like that, rather then making deals to make sure the isk income is secure for all eternity

meowtiger
February 11 2014, 12:56:11 AM
we came to curse originally for "goodfights" but after getting slowcat blobbed for 2 weeks straight and then getting laughed at on the forums for how we were "afraid to escalate" you can imagine why we may have moved down our supers and decided to take the war a bit more seriously

i'm pretty sure i could find like 19 or 20 different cfc state of the goonions where objectives distinctly different from "goodfights" were laid out for the southern theater. also - did you expect anything other than getting slowcat blobbed?

in short, revisionism is fun

Vily
February 11 2014, 01:30:15 AM

At least we can say that unlike that other legion, we actually got the balls to hit your moons ;)

I know that must be unheard of for you guys, to actually realise someone goes after your assets like that, rather then making deals to make sure the isk income is secure for all eternity

you didnt hit our moons (you hit co2's) (hint: deals)

i'm pretty sure i could find like 19 or 20 different cfc state of the goonions where objectives distinctly different from "goodfights" were laid out for the southern theater. also - did you expect anything other than getting slowcat blobbed?

in short, revisionism is fun

show me where we said this is super serious business before we moved supers down. there are 19 or 20 examples of this yes?

as far as the slowcat blobbing thing, i dunno, i guess we did. we kinda just figured there would be subcap fights and things to do. (and there was for a while) but eventually it got to that point where someone is poking at you with a stick and mocking you, and you say enough is enough

meowtiger
February 11 2014, 01:51:55 AM
show me where we said this is super serious business before we moved supers down. there are 19 or 20 examples of this yes?

as far as the slowcat blobbing thing, i dunno, i guess we did. we kinda just figured there would be subcap fights and things to do. (and there was for a while) but eventually it got to that point where someone is poking at you with a stick and mocking you, and you say enough is enough

let's try this one on for size: gsf ceo update: honourable third parties (http://themittani.com/news/gsf-ceo-update-honourable-third-parties)

We are now going to do to NCdot and their friends in N3 exactly what they did to us in Fountain. We are going to be 'honourable third parties' in this war and make their lives and their gameplay hell. At every turn where they complain on the forums about how we are ruining their 'good fights' and 'blobbing', we will remind them with a sweet, false smile that this is exactly what they tried and failed to do to us. This is the first opportunity the CFC has ever had to be an 'honourable third party', and I want nothing less than absolute cruelty and sadism on display. No honor, no fun for the foe, nothing but having their faces smashed in shit over and over and over again until they cry, beg, and plead for forgiveness for what they tried to do to us.

realize i left out the part where he sarcastically said "we're here for good fights"

i could find more, this is just the one that was on the tip of my tongue. pretty sure everyone in eve knew mittens was being sarcastic and a dick when he said "we're here for the good fights." so unless you are that naive that you honestly think that's what he meant...?

Armyofme
February 11 2014, 01:55:38 AM

You saying the CFC dont give a rats ass about CO2 Moons?

Vily
February 11 2014, 02:21:58 AM
(sigh) i cant argue with the mittani's narrative posts. but we were there for fun and to shit in NC.'s cheerios. The devil is in the details of what you see now vs. then i suppose

no, im saying BL knows the difference between poking the bear and poking at one of its nearby trees

meowtiger
February 11 2014, 02:37:10 AM
(sigh) i cant argue with the mittani's narrative posts. but we were there for fun and to shit in NC.'s cheerios. The devil is in the details of what you see now vs. then i suppose

there's a definite difference between hunting goodfights and trying to have fun the goon way. but i digress. to me, it's a big deal, to you, it's probably semantics

CDLoon
February 11 2014, 09:52:36 AM
This just in.

http://imageshack.com/a/img809/4963/gxwz.png

LeoniaTavira
February 11 2014, 09:54:12 PM
I love the BL smug over successfully beating up on a CFC D-team alliance, you are clearly mighty pvp'ers. If you actually want fights, maybe try someone a little more competent, like Razor or Gents (please Gents, because fuck Lake)

Bocephus
February 11 2014, 10:31:38 PM
EMP was able to 1v3 GENTS, FCON, and CO2.

And look at EMP now.

To be fair BL did 1v1 RZR with good success, so they can probably 1v1 any alliance in the CFC easily.

antoine
February 11 2014, 11:25:26 PM
i think EG vs BL would be pretty interesting 1 on 1, too bad they're cross-TZ

LoKiPP
February 12 2014, 01:05:23 AM

Great deduction skills.

Armyofme
February 12 2014, 07:27:14 AM
I love the BL smug over successfully beating up on a CFC D-team alliance, you are clearly mighty pvp'ers. If you actually want fights, maybe try someone a little more competent, like Razor or Gents (please Gents, because fuck Lake)

Not being smug about it at all. Ive only stated that we have taken their moons, and are hoping it will cause more fights in the area.

ry ry
February 12 2014, 04:56:27 PM
Think co2 have already shown their hand as far as goodfights go, and cfc seem awfully willing to cut them loose.

Still, it's common knowledge that you can grind bl down by denial of content, for better or worse that's the kinda alliance they are.

I like bl's attitude tbh.

Keckers
February 12 2014, 05:36:48 PM
Anybody who doesn't like BL's attitude probably doesn't log in.

Lucas Quaan
February 12 2014, 09:21:00 PM
I think you'll find that the "scareee" is on the other side of that agreement. ;)

Smarnca
February 13 2014, 01:59:25 PM
I think you'll find that the "scareee" is on the other side of that agreement. ;)

hahahahhaha

right

meowtiger
March 1 2014, 07:23:34 AM
derped around for a couple hours in deklein with some nano ishtars.

here's some fraps. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kobCcdum2Rc) sorry for the weak editing, fc wanted me to rush it up so he could see.

okay so here's how my night went, in eve. i get home from work and there's a ping on jabber - "log on to help protect moa while they rep their pos." so i log on just to see what's happening, and there's a fleet up for ishtars and shizzle, so i hop in my ishtar and go sit on the titan, expecting somebody to drop on moa as they rep their tower. nobody does, so before too long a scout pipes up that he's found a carrier ratting in a site and if he tackles it can we bridge our ishtars to him. we're very bored so we totally did. (http://triumvirate-alliance.com/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=146619)

on our way back we were looking for trouble a little bit, so when our scout spotted a reasonably sizable rooks and kings frigate fleet, we were interested. however, as they were cross-jumping us to avoid engaging, a cfc battlecruiser fleet was getting into position in the system we'd just left, and shortly after jumped into us. we had about 33 in fleet - about 20 ishtars, 4 scimis, and some tackle - to their eventual ~100 bcs with guardian and oneiros support and their fc in a damnation. we swatted at what we could, but the logi were too tanked to drop to our meager dps, and lyris nairn (their fc) was pretty on the ball about his ping/reposition-fu, which lead to our eventual downfall when our anchor/fc lagged as they warped down from a ping, and he flew us directly into their close-range blob.

Smarnca
March 2 2014, 09:57:06 AM
What will you fly when drone assist gets nerfed?

Bocephus
March 2 2014, 10:39:28 AM
Shield Ishtars should have good enough DPS and scan res to 'f' monkey post drone assign nerf. Not sure full tank Domis will be so lucky.

meowtiger
March 3 2014, 10:33:26 AM

watch the fraps. notice how i'm locking all the things i'm shooting? mull that over for a minute and think about the implications.

nano ishtars are good, for reasons unrelated to drone assist, for the purposes we use them for. they're a doctrine that's difficult to lock down and escalate on, which is good for the purposes of fighting goons. anything non-nano we could use would be vulnerable to a domi bridge clusterfuck, and there are very few other nano doctrines with the dps or versatility of ishtars. we'll probably keep using them for a while.

we used them again last night (http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=22247958) to predictable effect against some cfc mans. they staged 100+ armor bcs, so we pinged for a little bit until we had about 50 in fleet, then rolled out to our pos and started repping it with scimis. they bridged in on the other side of the system, warped in and got caught in a defensive bubble, and got shredded for 10mins or so then left and reshipped to a full domi fleet + a razor ishtar fleet, so we fucked off because who honestly thought we were gonna fight that anyway? really. so they killed our pos and started anchoring their own, and left, so we just hung out for an hour and watched our dudes' NEO matches (go finns, yay), then shot their pos with our ~35 ishtars and moa's ~20 bombers and re-anchored our own. lessons learned: ummm... huh.

i'll concede that they're not as fun or interesting to fly as other doctrines, but until something substantially better for the niche we operate in comes along, it's probably just gonna be ishtars for the "important" fights

Smarnca
March 3 2014, 08:48:16 PM

watch the fraps. notice how i'm locking all the things i'm shooting? mull that over for a minute and think about the implications.

nano ishtars are good, for reasons unrelated to drone assist, for the purposes we use them for. they're a doctrine that's difficult to lock down and escalate on, which is good for the purposes of fighting goons. anything non-nano we could use would be vulnerable to a domi bridge clusterfuck, and there are very few other nano doctrines with the dps or versatility of ishtars. we'll probably keep using them for a while.

we used them again last night (http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=22247958) to predictable effect against some cfc mans. they staged 100+ armor bcs, so we pinged for a little bit until we had about 50 in fleet, then rolled out to our pos and started repping it with scimis. they bridged in on the other side of the system, warped in and got caught in a defensive bubble, and got shredded for 10mins or so then left and reshipped to a full domi fleet + a razor ishtar fleet, so we fucked off because who honestly thought we were gonna fight that anyway? really. so they killed our pos and started anchoring their own, and left, so we just hung out for an hour and watched our dudes' NEO matches (go finns, yay), then shot their pos with our ~35 ishtars and moa's ~20 bombers and re-anchored our own. lessons learned: ummm... huh.

i'll concede that they're not as fun or interesting to fly as other doctrines, but until something substantially better for the niche we operate in comes along, it's probably just gonna be ishtars for the "important" fights

I was just wondering because they really are good ships. I dont think that goons know what a good fight is anymore :D

meowtiger
March 3 2014, 09:55:59 PM
previously in tri operating out of venal, we used to fight 5-8:1 outnumbered with rrbs supported by guardians, before aoe ddd nerf. it's a pretty solid doctrine, the added rep from rrbs makes them very hardy... but the risk of getting dropped on by a million supers is just ridiculous. there's no reason to use anything that heavy unfortunately - it actually better suits our purposes to just not fight them if they bring something ishtars can't spar with

Mikokoel
March 14 2014, 03:10:12 PM
Small Scale BR! I hope I chose the right thread.

At the moment we aren't doing much (me = my corp and some HYDRA friends) because of the tournament, but we spend the whole Tuesday evening in Tribute (as usual).

The day started well as our newest member o0kaboom0o straightened that T2 is not always better than T1: Thrasher vs Sabre, Ares, Ranis, Raptor (http://vserver.zap.de.com/custombr/show/130)

We started the evening in M-O, but we left soon as we saw 40 people in S8- on the map. We started travelling with 5 people (Heretic, Hawk, Purifier, Sentinel and Hyena). It turned out to be an ice mining op which was already under POS as we entered system. However we found a 3rd party cruiser gang (Caracal, 3x Stabber) which did not have much success against us (http://vserver.zap.de.com/custombr/show/131).

As we started to head back we found a 15 man gang from TNT, which consisted of 3 Machariels, multiple Recons and several Logis. Our sentinel fell back a little and fought with multiple ceptors and an Ishtar before he reached our side of the gate.
The Raptor without buffer, flown by the alliance leader of CO2, was quickly demolished, and we were also able to kil the other incoming tackle in form of a Jaguar and a Sabre. The Ishtar that had meanwhile joined the fight was able to escape in structure as we had to pull range because of the Machariel gang. Goleinveac burnt into a different direction but we succeeded in killing the malediction giving him problems.
Battlereport (http://vserver.zap.de.com/custombr/show/138)

Afterwards we flew to the home system of CO2, H-W. There we found the Machariel gang again (they clearly used hacks to be faster than us... or jump bridges). We again we only able to kill tackle, but one Lachesis got repped up in structure. Where are damps when you need them. Sadly we lost the sentinel against the combination of Huginn web and Lachesis point.
Battlereport (http://vserver.zap.de.com/custombr/show/132)

If you want to see how we fight you can watch this video of the two fights vs the Machariels.
It's speed up a bit but contains comms as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V64UG_Ocwk

We flew back to Taisy and reshipped. F4bske wanted more DPS so we used 2 purifiers this time. We found a 15 man rail Moa fleet from Goons but decided not to jump into them. They did not want to jump into us either, so we headed back to M-O where a camp was set up. It dissolved quickly when we arrived, but soon more people from CO2 and FCON and the Moa gang joined the fun.
Of course this gang had more than enough tackle with them, but we only had one Heretic to deal with them. If I hadn't been so dumb to get tackled the fight would have had a better outcome.
Battlereport (http://vserver.zap.de.com/custombr/show/133)

After another tactical retreat we again headed to M-O but the enemies had gone back to E-O and did not want to come to us. We snatched a few kills on the enemies' bubbles though. After I was stupid again and lost my second Hyena in 20min to the people in E-O, they took courage and attacked us. The whole thing did not go ideally but still well: Battlereport (http://vserver.zap.de.com/custombr/show/134).

We had enough of kiting and switch to RR-Vexors. In retrospect we blobbed them a bit though :/ Battlereport (http://vserver.zap.de.com/custombr/show/135).

It was quite late and when we came back from visiting H-W again we found a welcoming commitee in M-O. We had less than optimal ships (Slicer, Artywolf, Sentinel and Keres) and were up against Artycanes together with a ceptorswarm, backed up by links and a Falcon. Did not end too well... (http://vserver.zap.de.com/custombr/show/136)

We are still practicing our positioning but we can't really complain about 7 fights in one evening!

HYDRA PROVIL!

Leo / Miko

P.S.: If you wonder why we only fly so small stuff: most of the time they do not fight bigger ships :(

LordsServant
March 14 2014, 04:44:27 PM
Good to see people are still running my thrasher fit. :)

It's so much fun, tons of dps, and decent ehp.

I used to use it in the same place actually, back in m-o. Used to run trains on NCdot+pets when they owned/camped m-o.

Gudtimes, gudtimes. Probe down a sniper tier 3 bc, gank it, and then murder any tackle stupid enough to come out to you. ;)

Smarnca
March 14 2014, 04:52:26 PM
Good to see people are still running MY thrasher fit. :)

wat

LordsServant
March 14 2014, 05:43:20 PM
Good to see people are still running MY thrasher fit. :)

wat

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?364-PVP-Thrasher&p=356892&viewfull=1#post356892

Yup.

Started using it the day they buffed destroyers (not sure how long you've been playing, mighta been before your time) and if you look at my 2nd video, SoBad 1.5, AFTER the 7 minute mark, there is a lot of footage from my thrasher (and my slicer, I was a pioneer of the kiting slicer, but that predates my video by a good 2+ years, so that'd be 5-6 years old, ages ago iirc just after they rebalanced faction frigs)

RedRector
March 14 2014, 07:00:33 PM
Lol, get over yourself. People were flying it like that for years before the buff.

LordsServant
March 14 2014, 07:05:51 PM
Lol, get over yourself. People were flying it like that for years before the buff.

That'd be quite a feat with my coercer or cormorant setups, considering their slot layouts changed in the buff, but ok. ;)

RedRector
March 14 2014, 07:11:57 PM
A thrasher isn't a coercer or cormorant. Also, no one cares whether you 'made it' or not, the fact that you feel the need to say that you did just makes you look like a complete ass.

Mikokoel
March 14 2014, 08:20:38 PM
Guys, it's an interesting topic and all, but you are free to give feedback to my BR as well, as it's the first i posted on FHC :)

LordsServant
March 14 2014, 09:11:55 PM
Guys, it's an interesting topic and all, but you are free to give feedback to my BR as well, as it's the first i posted on FHC :)

Meight this is FHC. Noone plays the game, they just like to nitpick and argue with each other over stupid shit, like me talking about a fit. ;)

That said, how do bombers work for you guys in small gang situations like that?

It looks very interesting, and I'm surprised that you'd try a fleet like that. Have you ever decisively won a fight with them(ie not derp'd your hyena 2x)?

Looks like fun either way.

Rexthor Hammerfists
March 15 2014, 08:05:34 PM
Why do so many people fall for lords posting?

Varcaus
March 15 2014, 10:15:33 PM
Why do so many people fall for lords posting?

He's not a troll he really is that dumb.

Rexthor Hammerfists
March 16 2014, 05:26:52 AM
Either is better left alone and ignored

bundus
March 16 2014, 05:53:27 AM
But then he would neck himself because of no attention.

He just gets picked on a lot at school obviously so don't take away the only thing he has left to live for.

Lex Arson
March 16 2014, 08:49:28 AM
Lords is the eve communities' most successful troll

Who is also an idiot

derpatalk

meowtiger
March 17 2014, 02:02:12 PM
i leave this thread alone for 5 minutes and a bunch of syndicate/lowsec thread trolls turn it into a "lords sucks" circlejerk. look, just stop. leave it alone. you don't have to all weigh in every time he badposts somewhere - that makes you badposters too.

MEANWHILE

last night a jabber ping went out at about 7pm est to pile into fleet in ishtars and get on ts because 17 dreads were tackled. so i got in fleet, realized i missed titan bridge, and got in a dictor and started burning. dreads were indeed tackled, but by the time we got our ishtars on field, slowcats were jumping in to save the dreads. what i gathered over the course of the fight was that friendly supers had jumped in for a gank, gotten counterdropped but moonwalked out to a friendly pos, and left system without incident, so that's neat

anyhow now we've got like 17 dreads and 20 slowcats bubbled 200km off the (vulnerable) station and we have 80 in fleet in mostly ishtars with some support, so what do? shoot the fucking station, duh. operation "shoot the station and make them bring subcaps to fight us" worked out beautifully, or rather a little too beautifully, as they bridged in about 75 kitchensink armor, largely megathrons but a little of everything, and then managed to clear bubbles and warp their slowcats down.

and lo, the lord of gudfites spake unto us, "let there be a brawl," and therefore our ishtars and their slowcats and baltec megas brawled with each other in glorious fashion, in His honour

eventually we got chased out by like a 40 man SMA firetail fleet and decided not to reship anymore because it was late as balls for the euros

partial kb here (http://www.triumvirate-alliance.com/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=149691)
here's another one but it's pretty messy (http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=22494242) idk

antoine
March 17 2014, 03:00:04 PM
Small corrections, you have the general gist of it though.

-We didn't have 17 dreads on the field until the very end when we decided to just flip the station to SMA instead of ref it because somehow it got to final timer?
-We did however have 1 idiot dread and 1 extreme idiot super who jumped in when boots jumped in, they both got out safe somehow
-Our ghostriders got in OK initially but the mobile cynojammer was onlined after the SMA in-cyno pilgrim lit, but before we could get a carrier cyno up after the pilgrim died nearly instantly. Good job to get that up, bad job by us not to be able to kill it before the supers got away from no support for the ghostriders. I think Orion was a ghostrider but not 100% sure.
-About 10 carriers missed the fleetwarp down to get on station (which was actually before baltecfleet came in I think?), because they were too close I guess. All but one of them managed to get out. I'm unclear if that guy was actually tackled the whole time or just panicked because he was 100km from the station and didn't think to warp at range to a wreck behind station.

it was indeed a gudfite though!

fakedit: just realized there may have been SMA dreads in there at the beginning which is why yall had supers there? Initially I thought the supers were just shooting station but them ganking dreads trying to flip station makes way more sense

meowtiger
March 17 2014, 03:42:24 PM
i wasn't even logged in until the supers were already safe (stupid hours at work keeping me til like 2200et every day this month), so i only picked up stuff that people talked about in passing

we really wanted that super, too bad we didn't have the mans to make it happen :(

tri is a mixed bag of emotions for me - on the one hand it's hilarious that we can take a 40-60 man ishtar fleet out and basically wreck anything we want until you guys ship up enough to make us fuck off, but on the other hand it's disheartening that we can never escalate or use anything that isn't nano or otherwise extremely mobile because we will just get 360 noscope #rekt by a billion caps we can't do anything about

meowtiger
March 22 2014, 11:55:24 PM
shamelessly replying after my own post

as per usual, messing around in l-c results in hilarious sma antics. tri super was on field for a bit doing super stuff, got tackled and dropped by a several of cfc titans, we cleared bubbles, killed a small mountain of dictors, and the nyx moonwalked out after eating 7 doomsdays. -2 carriers for their trouble

br here (http://www.triumvirate-alliance.com/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=151073)

DaDutchDude
March 23 2014, 01:58:02 AM
Nice one, I was wondering what happened, and how that Nyx didn't die to that is a mystery to me. Must be some frantic but well executed extraction.

meowtiger
March 23 2014, 02:25:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fVDMtr5.jpg

a lot of dictors died in the creation of this image. also, not to point the finger at anyone in particular or anything but goons were relying on SMA to tackle soooo

antoine
March 23 2014, 03:11:13 AM
interesting triage chimera fit