PDA

View Full Version : The Land of NRDS (Providence)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Alistair
April 10 2011, 12:27:22 AM
All quiet on the Provi Front.

Ewoks/Evoke/NC. own almost all of it, but don't seem to live there...at all.

CVA pushed out to Domain, whats left of us.

Not much happeneing, but now there is a thread if anything does.

Gunni
April 10 2011, 12:45:01 AM
Well who would want to live there after the anomaly nerf...

Does the region has any other meaning than supercap production?

Shiroi Okami
April 10 2011, 01:55:11 AM
Does CVA have any plans to take back provi I wonder? Now that the anom nerf has gone through and people are less interested in the space

Calgus
April 10 2011, 05:28:32 AM
they can't match the numbers or the supercap numbers of the current residents, they can't do too much but bide their time.

Pascal Almaric
April 10 2011, 11:06:31 AM
I'm under the impression that systems with outposts (somewhat common in Provi) are rather expensive to own, is this correct?

So is Provi just worth less than other space now, or is it actually hard to break even at all?

Calgus
April 10 2011, 01:40:27 PM
just run a bot in every system and it becomes rather easy to maintain.

Not saying that the holders in provi are the main criminals in this, every entity in 0.0 does it nowadays. With all the good moons in the north there isn't much of a choice if you aren't part of the NC but then even if you do have tech goo you might as well do it then as well

Kalnov
April 10 2011, 06:07:06 PM
I'm under the impression that systems with outposts (somewhat common in Provi) are rather expensive to own, is this correct?

So is Provi just worth less than other space now, or is it actually hard to break even at all?

This is a common misconception. With regards to costs, stations are "free" to maintain. You only pay for the sov.

However people tend to put cynojammers (600m/mo) cynobeacons (60m/mo) and JBs there (300m/mo).

Sometimes Supercap construction (30m/mo).

The only thing a station will cost you without the above is whatever an IHUB costs (~250m last quote I was given), plus tcu, plus sov upkeep (180m/mo).

cyberjunk
April 11 2011, 05:01:49 AM
Does CVA have any plans to take back provi I wonder? Now that the anom nerf has gone through and people are less interested in the spaceCVA pretty much abandoned the idea of being a sov holding entity after Aralis quited playing and a new executer took over.

Right now they still control one outpost in Catch but the bulk of their members seem to live in Domain.

Serrated
April 20 2011, 11:02:46 AM
CVA/buddies have been dropping some wild SBU's and reinforcing stuff (mostly with bombers) in Provi while we are all chillin' in Pure Blind.

So yesterday they SBU'd N8XA-L during the morning (im not actually sure when they did it or when they shot station or tcu) and Polaris went to take care of it. We love CVA :companioncube:

So we clonejumped to provi (this was still pretty early on in the day/evening so we didn't have much people logged in, so people were trickling in) and just jumped in drakes without logistics and burned to N8. Started shooting SBU's while cynoing in 3 carriers to rep station and give fighters to shit-dps-drakes so it wouldn't take all day. Also killed a sacriledge on station. http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9437855

Now bear in mind im a grunt and was dualboxing a tempest and cloaky scout that had eyes on CVA in R3 so there might be inaccuracies/missed some things! Also, this is written from memory so the timeline might be wonky.

We started shooting the SBU on R3 gate first and CVA/buddies did some solo bombing runs that killed my warriors and valkyries, so they were pretty pro. They lost a couple of bombers. 2 ev0ke nyxes jumped in and started melting the SBU. CVA gang of around 8-10 armor bs, 4 guardians, 5 random BC/T3/SB sat on N8 gate in R3.

The SBU went down http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9438430

Nyxes went to shoot the other SBU while we waited for CVA to jump in. One HRR member had to leave and we said goodbyes on comms, told him to dock in station... Nope, he goes through the gate into CVA gang and promptly dies, also gets podded even though they didn't have bubble up. Facepalms all around on comms. http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9438248

CVA jump in and round 1 starts. They have no tackle and we have no logi so people just warp out if they get in trouble. They lose 4 bs, 1 guardian and a myrmidon, some of them deaggress and jump back through. A couple of them manage to warp to 1-1 gate, half of us chase. They kill a ferox that hit a bubble on the gate and pursue a scorp to a belt where he is killed. Also a enyo was killed at some point, I don't know where in the system or where he came from but he wasn't with the main CVA gang.

CVA reassembles in R3 on the gate again with some new faces and atleast 1 guy who reshipped. CVA jumps in again. This time atleast 2 of them have points, a cyclone and a legion. We pop a scorp right of the bat, focus on the T3 but can't break his tank quick enough, we lose 1 drake who he pointed. We switch targets and take down 4 more bs and the cyclone while they try to deaggro. The rest of them jump out. The SBU on 1-1 goes down 2 mins after last killmail.

KB BR: http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9438395 (bear in mind bombers and the nyxes only shot SBU's and carriers weren't on field but contributed fighters)

Also there are some pretty amazing fits in there. I hear cap rechargers are pretty good.

After that Polaris went to kill TCU onlining in TXJ-II http://hrr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9438765
Incursion hits our home constellation while shooting this so cynojamming all our systems. We didn't want to get those caps home anyway...

Kade Jeekin
May 6 2011, 11:49:44 AM
Looks like Evoke has surrendered to CVA's constant pressure and is selling them some space at cost price.

Helen
May 6 2011, 11:52:57 AM
Looks like Evoke has surrendered to CVA's constant pressure and is selling them some space at cost price.

That's one way of looking at it, another might be that Ev0ke have plans for better space and figure selling off shit space is better now than wasting energy defending it.

Lex Fasces
June 3 2011, 10:59:30 PM

That's one way of looking at it, another might be that Ev0ke have plans for better space and figure selling off shit space is better now than wasting energy defending it.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mqp6pg.jpg

shit that is in the green are alliances that are in thecitadel channel

provibloc is coming back no?

Armyofme
June 3 2011, 11:50:28 PM
would anyone really mind?
I kinda miss those guys 8-)

Xarthaginian
June 4 2011, 12:58:41 AM
A region with 4 standard 0.0 -> empire gates, controlled by a force unable to control it alone, forced to install and dictate to pets, cant possibly be a bad thing for New Edens ever growing gaggle of solo pilots.

Deja Thoris
June 4 2011, 01:21:30 AM
would anyone really mind?
I kinda miss those guys 8-)

I was hoping the death of the NC would be the death of defensive minded blobbers. CVA are defensive minded blobbers with added roleplay and wizard robes.

chunky milk
June 4 2011, 04:16:28 AM
Registered to say -

FUCK YEAH GO CVA! (best hunting grounds in eve ever)

also fuck you in advance to any alliance that kicks them out early

Raimo
June 4 2011, 11:50:38 AM
Registered to say -

Shit I have to completely agree with Chunky Milk

I was hoping the death of the NC would be the death of defensive minded blobbers. CVA are defensive minded blobbers with added roleplay and wizard robes.

Look at how dumb you are

Deja Thoris
June 4 2011, 01:31:32 PM
[quote=chunky milk]Registered to say -

Shit I have to completely agree with Chunky Milk

Look at how dumb you are[/quote:26f8rr1u]

Don't confuse bitter with dumb. :facepalm:

Helen
June 4 2011, 01:33:20 PM
Try to keep on topic guys.

Raimo
June 4 2011, 09:09:54 PM
Don't confuse bitter with dumb. :facepalm:

I didn't

On topic, these are very interesting developments. If CVA ever manages to rebuild NRDS and grab new "pets" and hold all the empire exits et al things might become very, very nice after a while. One can hope.

Resi
June 4 2011, 09:44:01 PM
It nicely coincides with the downfall of the NC, the old Proviblock alliances who moved up north might come back down to help CVA rebuild Providence.

Liptonez
June 4 2011, 10:37:30 PM
I never liked Providence for small gang/solo roaming at any time, but back when CVA was still there, I enjoyed them doing 50vs50s daily. They lost 9/10 fights, but they just kept coming for the gfs. I liked that.

Suitonia
June 5 2011, 04:19:01 PM
Might take a year+ to rebuild and they will probably be over-farmed preemptively by local alliances and teary eyed veterans who remember what a great and fantastic region it was for pvp, I really, really hope Providence becomes even a shadow of its former self because if it does I might actually undock.

I think CVA and the NC are two different kettle of fish. CVA would fight almost all the time, and although they have been responsible for some completely ridicilious things like camping in a rifter for 3 hours with 20+ guys and of course the 300+ man sniper bs camp with 12 large t2 bubbles on the misaba gate when they found out that 60 SHC caracals were coming, they would always fight when they had even odds for 50+ people fights. In Contrast, I think the north is a lot less willing to engage your average small gang than CVA and their protectorate was.

What made Providence great was that it was the one place in eve where you're guranteed to be sent home in a pod or have a ton of killmails within 30 minutes. Even if you don't get a fight directly the region was so busy and every system felt different, full of life, which is hardly something I'd use to describe the majority of current 0.0, and you'd get targets just by sitting on a gate in 9uy. I had different notes about different systems and the different residents there, compared to almost every other alliances space where I felt like the different systems were just another randomly generated string of numbers and letters.

Maybe I'm just a bitter vet with nostalga but thats my take on it. I've never had as much fun in eve since providence vanished. And had the most fun in the game being part of genos in sev3rance when the southern coalition was invading, and just doing ridicilious stuff like winning against 60+ guys with 8 people since they assumed we were terrible since we were in sev3rance and just completely messed up.

Raimo
June 5 2011, 07:13:01 PM
I think CVA and the NC are two different kettle of raving homosexual. CVA would fight almost all the time, and although they have been responsible for some completely ridicilious things like camping in a rifter for 3 hours with 20+ guys and of course the 300+ man sniper bs camp with 12 large t2 bubbles on the misaba gate when they found out that 60 SHC caracals were coming, they would always fight when they had even odds for 50+ people fights. In Contrast, I think the north is a lot less willing to engage your average small gang than CVA and their protectorate was.

What made Providence great was that it was the one place in eve where you're guranteed to be sent home in a pod or have a ton of killmails within 30 minutes. Even if you don't get a fight directly the region was so busy and every system felt different, full of life, which is hardly something I'd use to describe the majority of current 0.0, and you'd get targets just by sitting on a gate in 9uy. I had different notes about different systems and the different residents there, compared to almost every other alliances space where I felt like the different systems were just another randomly generated string of numbers and letters.

Maybe I'm just a bitter vet with nostalga but thats my take on it. I've never had as much fun in eve since providence vanished. And had the most fun in the game being part of genos in sev3rance when the southern coalition was invading, and just doing ridicilious stuff like winning against 60+ guys with 8 people since they assumed we were terrible since we were in sev3rance and just completely messed up.

This so much

Lex Fasces
June 5 2011, 08:18:56 PM
yup. i miss old providence.

i think they are making a move to come back. cva was always very bloodthirsty when it came to defence against reds =)

noobcake
June 6 2011, 06:45:36 AM
yup. i miss old providence.

i think they are making a move to come back. cva was always very bloodthirsty when it came to defence against reds =)

not so much a move to come back as it is a result of the devaluation of providence as a region with the true-sec patch.

Sponk
June 6 2011, 07:32:59 AM
Wasn't that the whole point of Zulu's change? Provi was p. ordinary, then Ev0ke twigged that 'all nullsec is awesome sanctum nullsec' and moved in.

Now it's back to being a ghetto so CVA can feel at home again.

Ladel Teravada
June 6 2011, 02:36:11 PM
AAA is supposedly hotdropping all day long which makes reconquest a bit of a bitch. Supercapitals destroyed EvE to me really.. How's my solo-cane gonna handle a Nyx I ask you?

Rudolf Miller
June 6 2011, 05:16:19 PM
AAA is supposedly hotdropping all day long which makes reconquest a bit of a bitch. Supercapitals destroyed EvE to me really.. How's my solo-cane gonna handle a Nyx I ask you?

More specifically.. why is -A- still spazzing at CVA :psyduck:

C-2
June 6 2011, 05:49:57 PM
Do they ever not?

Simokon
June 6 2011, 06:47:50 PM
First of all we really love cva and would like nothing more for them to retake all of providence.
Second we do not hot drop all the time, the last time we hot dropped them they were chasing our t1 cruiser gang with a heavy BC and BS gang, they were totally asking for it. :obama:

Lex Fasces
June 7 2011, 12:19:04 AM
First of all we really love cva and would like nothing more for them to retake all of providence.
Second we do not hot drop all the time, the last time we hot dropped them they were chasing our t1 cruiser gang with a heavy BC and BS gang, they were totally asking for it. :obama:

this is why supercaps ruin eve.

you moan at them for chasing your cruiser gang in bs, so you respond with a supercap or a super fleet?

kettle say hello to the pot

Grarr Dexx
June 7 2011, 02:46:01 AM
Come on friends, you know better :obama:

Armyofme
June 7 2011, 06:53:17 AM
let em keep going for a while longer please :obama:

Sponk
June 7 2011, 07:51:17 AM
Well I certainly wouldn't get the opportunity to come on an enemy.

Rudolf Miller
June 7 2011, 01:18:32 PM
let em keep going for a while longer please :obama:

Yes please, I wanna see the detailed reasons for supercapital retaliation in this situation.

Simokon
June 7 2011, 01:51:32 PM
If we didnt hotdrop them we might have lost a few t1 cruisers :obama:

GiDiYi
June 7 2011, 01:54:16 PM
I regained access to TheCitadel with an altchar recently and I have to say, it reads very much like old times. I could spend an entire evening reading the channel and giggle constantly, even if there are just about 270 dudes in it.

Therefore I really hope CVA announces "Project Deliverance Redemption" or somesuch and takes it all back.

It would even be good for newer players. For me Providence were my first steps into 0.0 an I wouldn't have done it without CVA at this time. The amount of rats killed by me in DNR-7M buggles the mind in hindsight. Enough derping.

Lex Fasces
June 9 2011, 08:00:32 PM
seems aaa are fairly active in the area. large 30 man machariel based gatecamp in r3 a few hours ago.

Hellkyte
June 9 2011, 10:49:12 PM

Who ships up in T1 cruisers and runs from anything?

T1 Cruiser fleet = 300 Spartans, every time.

Raimo
June 10 2011, 06:22:47 AM

Who ships up in T1 cruisers and runs from anything?

T1 Cruiser fleet = 300 Spartans, every time.

He be trolling? But if they really did ship up to supers from T1 cruisers, so low. It's like breaking some ancient unspoken honor code or smth

Ace Frehley
June 10 2011, 03:40:38 PM

You people dident hotdrop us when NC. and Evoke lived in Provi. I guess you only do "risk-free" hotdrops.

Oh well, maybe there is a next time

Garst Tyrell
June 28 2011, 04:21:33 PM
I see CVA is taking back some space and recruiting some new corps. Have they dropped the whole RP stance or is just more 'optional' now? Most of the station names are pretty random. Are they actively fighting anyone atm?

Ladel Teravada
June 28 2011, 04:52:44 PM
Not all stations have been taken yet. A lot of new holders, 4TH among them.

Currently not fighting anyone, yet everyone per usual. Provi is slowly becoming old Provi again.

Lex Fasces
July 1 2011, 06:35:18 PM
Not all stations have been taken yet. A lot of new holders, 4TH among them.

Currently not fighting anyone, yet everyone per usual. Provi is slowly becoming old Provi again.

i seriosly cannot wait until it is back to its old self =)

Shiodome
July 4 2011, 09:52:41 AM
providence is currently utterly shit for solo roaming though, every couple of jumps seems to have some varient of 'dictor+stuff+dramiel/stiletto swarm'. is this what the old providence everyone is misty eyed about was like? you can keep it :P

Tyrehl
July 4 2011, 10:15:42 AM
Lol at "old providence coming back". Welcome to 2011 (the land of bubbles, dramiel faggotry and shit).

saihras
July 4 2011, 11:15:11 AM
providence is currently utterly shit for solo roaming though, every couple of jumps seems to have some varient of 'dictor+stuff+dramiel/stiletto swarm'. is this what the old providence everyone is misty eyed about was like? you can keep it :P

and why do you think ushrakhan became "known" for flying cloaky vagabonds?
bubbles+fastlockers is the annoying side of "good old provi"

penelope pitbull
July 4 2011, 04:29:13 PM
Is there anything you bittervets won't complain about? Waiting for "Falcons kill small gang pvp" comment next......

Bottom line is, adapt or die. Thrive on the fact that your enemies have countered your methods, and come up with new ones. If that precludes soloing, so what? Make some friends, it's not that hard. Then go kill shit.

Cydo
July 5 2011, 11:15:27 PM
Just had an awesom roam around provi, is the whole thing still NRDS?

Had 3 different alliance's convo'ing us demanding refunds and KOS.

Surveyor
July 6 2011, 12:39:28 PM
Ev0ke moved up north and NC. replaced the original like a bad copy. CVA and NRDS-guys are back i guess. Was it target rich ?

Cydo
July 6 2011, 03:19:16 PM
Ev0ke moved up north and NC. replaced the original like a bad copy. CVA and NRDS-guys are back i guess. Was it target rich ?

We started out with Vaga, Curse, Sleipnir, Harbi and Taranis. Initially got a few lucky kills, then engaged on a gate in R3-K. Soon enough the CRS-bloc started dripping in. Eventually it turned into this (http://pan1c.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10090556). Not shown there is a few extra scorp's that arrived late and more frigs.

Vaga was the only thing that escaped that, but in the next system got killed by this (http://pan1c.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10090725). Pod managed to escape a few systems, until the blob decided to rape pod (http://pan1c.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10090735) for KM glory.

Seriously though there was plenty of targets, I just wish we had more ships. There was a few rotten apples who were demanding that we refund them ships+implants else we would be made KOS in provi. Sure enough that has now happened. Otherwise it was good fun, got gf in local even though the numbers were against us.

In the top-right of this page (http://www.cva-eve.org/index.php?page=holders) under the "ministry of justice" title you can see who is now KOS in provi.

So yeah it seems provi-bloc is reforming with the old NRDS. Hopefully be able to head back for some good fun again soon.

Ayari
July 10 2011, 01:44:22 PM
We in The Fourth District have been enjoying our first few weeks as Providence Holders quite a lot, with 4 Kadeshi carrier kills and a pretty intense fleet engagement in lowsec, followed by regular roams across Providence/Catch where we have managed to get a few decent evenly matched fights against the local reds.

http://4th.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10111462 (Ignore Pink Bunnies, no clue)

This fight lasted over 15 minutes of back and forth at a gate, our gang kept range at around 60km and spent most of our time trying to disrupt their logistics so we could take out the hurricanes trying to get on top of us. From the results, it seems we were at least partially successful.

Rans
July 10 2011, 04:20:56 PM
Is there anything you bittervets won't complain about? .no.

Shiodome
July 12 2011, 11:59:33 AM
Is there anything you bittervets won't complain about?

i see you're new here. also stop being dumb (you're not really dumb, you're a lovely person and i love you.), eve isn't always some darwinian tooth and claw adapt or die saga... sometimes you just want to fly a taranis about because you love them and it makes a guy sad when the local environment is bad for that.

penelope pitbull
July 12 2011, 01:48:55 PM
i see you're new here. also stop being dumb (you're not really dumb, you're a lovely person and i love you.), eve isn't always some darwinian tooth and claw adapt or die saga... sometimes you just want to fly a taranis about because you love them and it makes a guy sad when the local environment is bad for that.

Glad I woke some of you vets up out of your nostalgic stupor there. I was playing Devils Advocate a little there, see from my corp ticker I'm one of those players who've left k-space to escape the blob. I'm not new, I just never subbed until I had something to say.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to fly around in Provi etc in a solo frig and get fights you can win, but how to achieve it? It has to be through game rebalance. Accusing anyone who counters you (using perfectly valid, if not boring to execute tactics) with ruining the game is still a bit lame imho. To me, the constant evolution is what makes the game interesting, but I can appreciate that others may disagree. Have to say I am sort of pleased to see CVA and chums back as players, god bless their little role-playing hearts.

Grarr Dexx
July 12 2011, 04:13:36 PM
Play nice.

Shiodome
July 13 2011, 12:59:52 AM
Accusing anyone who counters you (using perfectly valid, if not boring to execute tactics) with ruining the game is still a bit lame imho.

well mr chiefey chief, you'll notice i didn't accuse anyone of this. I said if that's what it's like they can keep it. see?! i'm a noble space wanderer willing to let other people do things their ways with no demands from me. I'm pretty cool like that.

Also, who let grarr be a mod. jesus fuck /o\

Awatar
July 20 2011, 03:25:50 PM
We in The Fourth District have been enjoying our first few weeks as Providence Holders quite a lot, with 4 Kadeshi carrier kills and a pretty intense fleet engagement in lowsec, followed by regular roams across Providence/Catch where we have managed to get a few decent evenly matched fights against the local reds.

http://4th.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10111462 (Ignore Pink Bunnies, no clue)

This fight lasted over 15 minutes of back and forth at a gate, our gang kept range at around 60km and spent most of our time trying to disrupt their logistics so we could take out the hurricanes trying to get on top of us. From the results, it seems we were at least partially successful.

Yeah it was a good fight, some bad calls was made from our side, could have gone either way..! gf gf

Lex Fasces
July 21 2011, 07:46:26 PM
old provi is slowly returning?

Valtis
July 24 2011, 11:37:12 PM
It seems that White Noise has started their vengeance campaign against -A- by sbuing several systems in Providence. I'm not entirely sure what they hope to achieve by doing this.

cannonman58102
July 25 2011, 08:14:35 AM
Since I despise K.com, and I'm not seeing much information here, I'll give a general update on the situation from what I know.

With WN planning on coming down and hitting -A-, -A- and co. decided to SBU and try to take out the only WN system left in providence, Y-MP, on the 21st. As far as I know, everything was reinforced, and when they came back for the Ihub coming out of reinforced, WN had about 170 subcaps in system waiting for them. The -A- fleet of 150 or so got bombed pretty badly, and the WN abaddons finished off a lot of what was left, repped up the damage, and onlined a jammer.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10210576

Sev3rance got their old triangle - http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Providence/XV7L-S#kills24 - back a few days ago, and while we were still waiting on the station to transfer, White Noise SBU'd KBP on the 23rd. We went out in a mixed fleet, with sev3rance bringing battleships and CVA and company flying accross providence in stealth bombers to begin bashing the SBU's.

First few go down without much of a hitch, and we pop a WN hauler that was carrying more. But later WN brought in a shield BC/Logi fleet to try and drive us off the SBU's, and when it became apparent that they could not, picking off stragglers while more SBU's were anchored in system. This went on for awhile until -A- came in and finished off the SBU's that were still onlining, at which point WN stopped dropping more.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10217457

The next day, 3GXF becomes SBU'd by Goat's, and we went out once more in a 40 man Armor BS fleet with logi to try to take the SBU's down. As we are working on the first one, -A- cyno in a shield BC fleet, and our FC, fearing that they are packing a cyno for -A- caps, pulls us back to 9UY. During this time, Makalu, a -A- FC, asked us to put together another fleet and help them bash the SBU's, as he didn't want them online with WN looking to snatch up systems. Our FC decided against it, and Makalu informed us that -A- would take care of the hostile SBU's, which they did.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10222620

Later, White noise SBU'd H6-CX8, a system belonging to the hostile alliance Reverberation Project, and -A- again destroyed the SBU's.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10222665

Then things get interesting.

White Noise SBU'd the CVA system T-RPFU, a non station system bordering catch. This time they learned, and were sitting in system with about 80 people, only two logistics.

CVA formed up a small bomber fleet and tried to destroy SBU's as they were onlining, forcing WN to warp around to protect the onlining SBU's. This went on for three hours or so, until they finally onlined. By this time, WN was bleeding people, but what was left warped to the TCU and started shooting it, followed shortly afterwards by about 120? NC., also in abaddons.

At this time, -A- showed up with a hellcat fleet, and a LOT of guardians (probably around 18-24), and called in their allies to come as well. Nulli showed up from delve with about 80 pilots, mostly in Armageddons, and some of their querious allies showed up in hac's. They landed on the enemy fleet at their optimals and absolutely shredded the abaddons and a few carriers that were brought while NC. and WN worked over -A- logi's. By the time the -A- logi wing was in ruins, there was very little DPS on the field remaining for WN and NC.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10230407

After the battle, -A- brought in supers to finish off the SBU's, and it has been quiet since then. A lot of NC. capitals are currently docked in GN7, their last system in providence, and I assume tomorrow we will see more.

I would like to write up more detailed BR's, but unfortunatly doing so for three seperate engagements, one I wasn't even at, would make this into an even bigger post than it already is.

TL/DR WN is SBU'ing systems in provi and -A- is trying to keep any more systems on their border from falling into their hands, while CVA, being the little guys in this struggle, runs around in bomber fleets, red to everyone, and tries to protect our sov.

Sponk
July 25 2011, 08:28:24 AM
SBUing of Tenerifis happened at roughly the same time (http://aggten.blogspot.com/2011/07/fights.html).

cannonman58102
July 25 2011, 08:32:14 AM
It seems that White Noise has started their vengeance campaign against -A- by sbuing several systems in Providence. I'm not entirely sure what they hope to achieve by doing this.

As far as I know, they want to use providence as a staging point for an invasion into catch. Why they don't just use curse, I don't know. Maybe its a lot longer as far as jump range is concerned.

Skyly
July 25 2011, 09:14:47 AM
As far as I know, they want to use providence as a staging point for an invasion into catch. Why they don't just use curse, I don't know. Maybe its a lot longer as far as jump range is concerned.

I know you can Supercap hotdrop most of the -A- regions from lower Provi. That's probably why.

cannonman58102
July 25 2011, 02:01:00 PM
WN TCU onlining in TR-PFU. We didn't have a chance to respond, and -A- lost when they tried to intervene. Currently 4 WN titans and 4 SC's sitting in system with 50 or so support.

Hel OWeen
July 25 2011, 06:02:47 PM
-7- back in Providence? Well, that's good news.

I enjoyed my time in MLH very much back in th day. Nothing beats The Citadel channel and the random fleet setups. And FC'ing those fleets (I never did) ... I can only imagine that herding a bag of fleas must feel like an easy task in comparison.

StevieTopSiders
July 25 2011, 06:06:00 PM
Great updates, cannon! I'm in Provi with MPIRE, but I'm currently at work, so I can't join the action. CVA has been remarkably effective in defending their (and their allies') space in Provi. As a grunt, I kinda hope that CVA would temp blue with GOAT/ECHO/MPIRE, so that we could fight the invaders together, but you guys have your reasons.

Keep the good info coming!

cannonman58102
July 27 2011, 05:03:52 PM
WN and -A- played sov ping-pong in T-R the last few days, with several TCU's being destroyed and several battles going back and forth, most of it smaller scale. Yesterday, WN finally got a TCU online, and the system was promptly reinforced by -A-, coming out in WN primetime.

WN also dropped another station in T-R overnight, naming it WN Operation HQ, bringing the total number of stations in providence up to 51 I believe.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/T-RPFU

Ewoks dropped the last of their sov in provi in 4B-NQN, YWS0-Z, and 9-F0B2. Sev3rance managed to get a TCU online in 4b, while goats got TCU's layed down in 9-F and YW. Sev3rance destroyed the online TCU in YW, and played a brief game of Sov Ping-Pong with Reverberation Project and Goats, being FC'd by Razor. Eventually, a -7- TCU was finally onlined in YW, leaving it in our hands, while 9-F is reinforced.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Providence/YWS0-Z

Its not really providence, but apparently WN has begun taking down -A- jump bridges, last I heard HED was down, and possibly a few others.

Mr Marram
July 27 2011, 06:59:44 PM
Why on earth would there be such large fights over sov in perhaps the poorest nullsec region in eve.
I mean FFS, NC. and ev0ke left there and spent all their time invading the north because it was so worthless.

Badboy K
July 27 2011, 08:14:01 PM
I don't think WN is down there because of sov.

cannonman58102
July 31 2011, 03:41:16 AM
Another generalized report on whats happening in the area.

Some -A- supercaps got tackled in H-G, and were under fire from Black Legion. and a few of the eastern providence entities like Reverberation Project and M. Pire. A wyvren was going down until -A- dropped a supercap fleet and drove them off, but a few carriers were killed from razor and -A- in the process.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10254032

In YQB-22, goats lost sov without much resistance, and a small alliance by the name of The Dominion Empire claimed it. It has since been reclaimed by Goats with the help of Razor.

Razpr SBU'd G-5EN2, a lowsec access point into providence. CVA and company brought a BS gang down to brawl, but was unable to break the reps from the Razor carriers on the field, but -A- dropped in and killed a Razor Carrier and the SBU's.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10259090

In more interesting news, Razor appears to have allied with -A- against WN, and has deployed SBU's in Y-MP, the WN entrance system to providence. Nothing has happened here so far.

-A- SBU'd T-R, and WN and NC. formed up a 100 man BS fleet to defend it and destroyed one SBU, while -A- formed up a 200 man BS fleet and held the field in T-R.The fighting took place in 3 systems, and had different numbers The battlereports are kind of messed up, so heres a few links.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10273524

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10273789

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10271573

-A- later brought in supers and started shooting everything WN in system.

This is the WN TCU that Razor and -A- took down together

http://www.eve-razor.com/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=412992

Steph
August 1 2011, 10:11:57 PM
Later, White noise SBU'd H6-CX8, a system belonging to the hostile alliance Reverberation Project, and -A- again destroyed the SBU's.

Fun fact:

Prior to the SBUing of H6, ECHO didn't have any ties whatsoever to -A-; in fact -A- thought that ECHO were friends with CVA.

http://www.a-kills.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=477023

It was only after WN SBU'd H6 that ECHO went and made nice with -A-. Nice work guys?

Sponk
August 2 2011, 12:52:56 AM
Why on earth would there be such large fights over sov in perhaps the poorest nullsec region in eve.
I mean FFS, NC. and ev0ke left there and spent all their time invading the north because it was so worthless.
ev0ke took sov after Cloud Ring, while there were still Sanctums. NCDOT were hired to crack the USTZ superiority of provibloc.

WN are in Provi as a convenient staging point for hot drops, and ofc :goodfites:

Valtis
August 18 2011, 11:13:40 AM
Small update on Providence: in addition to T-RPFU, D-GTMI has fallen to DRF. R3-K7K, X-R3NM and N8XA-L are all reinforced by Raiden. It looks like they do want Providence for some reason that escapes me; it's not like Providence has any valuable moons or good truesec.

penelope pitbull
August 18 2011, 08:12:41 PM
It's either because:

a) DRF have a plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.
b) with enough bots you can milk even somewhere as shite as Provi to make it worthwhile.
c) they are bored and there is no-one else to kill.

I do hope it's a) but wouldn't be shocked if it was either of the others

CCP fix 0.0 now, it sucks.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 18 2011, 08:21:56 PM
I'd bet on c, but yes, Eve is broken and has been for a long time now. CCP is full of retards these days.

Artjay
August 19 2011, 11:42:22 AM
If DRF remove -A-, and stianwagon are pretty much ignored, does that mean they will collectively control 3/4 of the eve map? i.e. everything except delve & dek.co. territory?

Valtis
August 19 2011, 01:06:21 PM
If DRF remove -A-, and stianwagon are pretty much ignored, does that mean they will collectively control 3/4 of the eve map? i.e. everything except delve & dek.co. territory?

Yes. However, seeing how Ev0ke is invading Delve, you may need to drop Delve from that list.

joe space
August 21 2011, 01:29:30 AM
shame on raiden. you have to be well committed to the shit blob nap mentality to want to kick CVA out of Provi.

Gunni
August 21 2011, 11:39:31 PM
Well, r3 station came from final reinforce... and capture was denied
sbu's and few russian carriers dead

objective completed

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10472463

it was everyone else vs white noise/raiden/xxxdeath/red alliance

Krugerrand
August 22 2011, 12:25:01 AM
I'm sure I remember us helping to kick cva out of provi...

cannonman58102
August 22 2011, 12:25:14 AM
Fixed up BR (http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?br=http%3A%2F%2Feve-kill.net%2F%3Fa%3Dkill_related%26kll_id%3D10471824&Curatores_Veritatis_Alliance=blue&Red_Alliance=red&Yulai_Federation=blue&White_Noise_=red&Legion_of_xXDEATHXx=red&Apocalypse_Now_=blue&Care_factor=blue&Outbreak_=blue&HYDRA_RELOADED=blue&C_NVICTED=blue&Wile_E_Coyote_s=blue&None=blue&Minmatar_Republic=blue&Circle_Of_Two=blue&Elite_Space_Guild=blue&The__rphanage=blue&Nulli_Tertius=blue&Silent_Infinity=blue&Raiden_=red&E_L_I_T_E_Alliance=blue&Paisti_Syndicate=blue&TSOE_Consortium=blue&Joined_Brotherhood=blue&Amarr_Empire=blue&Sons_of_Sylph=blue&RED_Citizens=red&Northern_Coalition_=red&Surely_You_re_Joking=blue&Unknown=blue&Ultima_Rati_=red#assign)

Steph
August 22 2011, 02:57:27 AM
Meanwhile in the north, Reverberation Project is failure cascading. Expecting We Didn't Listen coalition to follow suit.

depili
August 22 2011, 02:26:24 PM
Smallish BR on the R3 fight yesterday:

Word on the grapevine said that evil Raidendot was attacking provi and thus aborting the nice road back to good old provi of endless ganks, so a group of angry CVA KOS finns, Hydra and Outbreak assembled in arty pests and assorted ships to defend CVA. Our fleet peaks at around 100ish.

As we were forming up our intel said that Raidendot would probably be no-show and go rep some towers up in north, so for a moment we feared that there would be no battle. Fortunately soon we had reports of some 100 WN active in the area and deployed scouts there. As our scout reported two titans chilling inside bubbles on a gate we decided to enter the field, bridged as close to T-R as possible and burned there.

Our dictors are the first to jump and manage to rebubble the titans and some pew pew commences. Right as we enter the field the cunning russians jump in from the neighboring system and as they have way more than us plus titans on field we bail in surprisingly good order only losing few ships to the russians.

We high-tail it to R3 and first warp to the station so we could help CVA to flip it but quickly decide to instead go for the Raidendot SBU's there. While waiting for the russians to follow us we and the CVA fleet down the first SBU and proceed to second one. While we are shooting that russians start assembling on the other side of the gate SBU is anchored.

For some reason the russian blob of around 250 wait till the second SBU goes pop and system becoming invulnerable to jump in. First in is a russian support gang whit few devoters hanging whit light support, and we primary the cyno-hics. first two devoters go down before a phobos lights a cyno and a russian abaddon fleet enters the field. We burn range and start coordinating our alpha and start popping abaddons while losing just few ships. This continues for a while until russians deaggro and jump out, leaving two triage carriers to die at the gate.

We scoop the loot and prepare for round 2. At the start of round 2 local is around 450, whit 100 of us and a separate CVA fleet of unknown size on the friendly side. The fights primary consists of us warping around trying to snatch all the kills we can before russians land on us, we do ok untill one russian hero-dictor manages to bubble a large portition of our fleet, after that we safe up and call it a day.

Overall lag was quite low with modules responding nicely and warpas working nicely.

Xiang Jiao
August 22 2011, 08:22:32 PM
b) with enough bots you can milk even somewhere as shite as Provi to make it worthwhile.

This is my suspicion of what will ultimately happen to most of Providence. Once the DRF takes Catch from -A-, Providence may end up being a renter buffer zone. A shame really, as I do enjoy shooting CVA. It would also be a shame to have to resort to awoxing to get kills there.

Skyly
August 23 2011, 12:42:02 PM
Another quick BR from last night's action:

Amarrian liberators Hydra & co. (heh, even Hydra have a 'coalition' these days) formed to kill off the Raiden TCU onlining in N8XA. They succesfully killed off the TCU and re-flipped the Station.

Raiden cyno'd in a Tengu fleet on top of the Hydra Tempest gang, but the cyno popped when only a lone Tengu had loaded grid (who was quickly vapourised). The Raiden gang reformed and proceeded to battle it out with Hydra, mainly focusing on anything that got tackled, whilst Hydra focused on wiping out the Raiden tackle.

In between Hydra rewarping and fpshacker's finest panda-grade smack in local, both sides actually managed to kill stuff before the Hydra gang bailed from local.
Raiden brought in Supers to kill the CVA TCU that was onlining (but left the station because lolProvidence) then bailed to save a Tech tower that was coming out of reinforced <insert generic "The Tech Must Flow" meme here>.

By the time the Tech tower was saved, Hydra had reformed for round 2 in N8XA, which Raiden was happy to give.
Raiden cyno'd in on the station this time, and let Hydra come to them. Hydra ran 2 to 3 drive bys, again, focusing on Tackle; swapping a few recon / dictor kills for a fair few scrub Hurricane and the occasional tackling Recon loss before bailing again.

ISK losses were probably roughly equal (or perhaps Hydra came out a little on top), but it is worth noting that Raiden looted the field both times (and there were plenty of RF Warp Disruptors and FN Webs to be had).

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=390
Note: Ignore the supers on the BR, they were only there for the TCU and weren't actually involved in any "fights".

Shiroi Okami
September 14 2011, 03:12:47 PM
Amarrian liberators Hydra & co. (heh, even Hydra have a 'coalition' these days)

We actually don't, we blued them (CVA) up 5 min before the op and unblued them and went back to killing them 5 minutes after the op.

As far as iskwar goes all we really lost were some tempests (and a lachesis or huginn or something), whereas the dozen or so recons your bloc lost, in addition to the 2 carriers and multitude of battleships, i think it's safe to say we did come out on top in that one

Skyly
September 14 2011, 04:56:08 PM
We actually don't, we blued them (CVA) up 5 min before the op and unblued them and went back to killing them 5 minutes after the op.

As far as iskwar goes all we really lost were some tempests (and a lachesis or huginn or something), whereas the dozen or so recons your bloc lost, in addition to the 2 carriers and multitude of battleships, i think it's safe to say we did come out on top in that one

You might be referring to a different engagement (seeing as your post is 3 weeks after my BR) and there wasn't a single carrier or battleship involved on our side.

I was interested (and bored at work, heh) to see how the ISK losses actually panned out for the engagement linked in my original BR (http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=390) so I went through the Killmails and added up the ISK losses Manually:

Raiden - 2.77b (41.5%)
Hydra - 2.29b (34.3%)
CVA - 1.6b (24.3%)

Seeing as you were using CVA as meatshields and additional firepower, you can't really claim they weren't losses sustained by "your side" in the Battle. To do so would be the same as me claiming total victory because "my Corporation killed all your faction fit Recons and only lost a Heretic".

joe space
September 14 2011, 09:21:01 PM
yeah,there were two fights. the one shiroi is talking about, where his take on it is right (we won, we were outnumbered, cva were not fighting with us) and then something a day or two after that i wasn't there for so i'll take your word for how it went.

in any case, provi is much more fun not doing these fleet fights and instead roaming around in nrds space with small gangs, which is the whole point why mostly-not-playing-eve hydra bothered showing up at all. and it seems, as far as i can tell, that you guys aren't going full tilt on providence lately so cheers for that.

there is no hydra coalition lol.

DaDutchDude
December 13 2011, 04:33:10 PM
Word around the interwebz is that Grath Telkin from PL is very 'space mad' about those CVA scoundrels shooting an iHub in KBP and is planning to start hitting more systems in Providence as retribution:

[19:13] <+GrathTelkin> i told them every time they fuck with KBP i'd take a system
[19:13] <+GrathTelkin> pick the one you want
In what appears to be a way to help the "effort", Snigg is setting up an alliance for operation "Occupy Providence":

hello there friends

Princes of Nigeria [NIGRA] formerly known as FREE KARTTOON NOW [FUCCP (no really)] is looking for strong warriors to fight and defend Providence now that it has been justly acquired from CVA. Pandemic Legion is looking to occupy this space with powerful capsuleers to wreak havoc and haze dudes so thats pretty much how this goes

You should be pretty good at this game and not terrible and there are some good benefits to this

1. you can shoot dudes and have all access to stations
2. you can rat if you are terrible and poor
3. pandemic legion will defend this space in the name of grath telkin from major threats so you can camp gates in solo dramiels and pad your battleclinic stats and be otherwise useless

We want a total of 500 dudes so whatever

If you are a 50-100 member corp and are competent at PvP or have no home because you have been hazed out of your space but not to such a degree that you are the laughing stock of the eve community then contact me

smaller corps can get in on this too but you must be extra special not some sort of russian five man botting corp hoping to rake in isk in the amazing provi truesec

regards,

this was a terrible post

also ohh yeah
I must say I find it pretty hilarious and will be lurking with pop corn when the battle reports come in.

pr0lurker
December 14 2011, 02:04:23 PM
Then again CVA could just blueball them and come back when their bored... it's not like they have not had the practice

this is a bad post and you should feel bad about it -grarr

Smuggo
December 14 2011, 03:05:00 PM
Bleh... why can't people just leave provi alone? It's usually fun at the moment, wheras it was an utter snooze-fest when Evoke/Ewoks/NCdot were there.

Also Test should give Chribba his station back.

pr0lurker
December 14 2011, 08:49:42 PM
Then again CVA could just blueball them and come back when their bored... it's not like they have not had the practice

Bad in what way may I ask? I have fought CVA on numerous occasions and been blueballed, I was just making a point. Stop being an overbearing spastic...

glepp
December 14 2011, 08:54:02 PM
Bleh... why can't people just leave provi alone? It's usually fun at the moment, wheras it was an utter snooze-fest when Evoke/Ewoks/NCdot were there.

Then again, it was pretty good fun before Evoke&co came and took it from the fight club that took it from CVA (with a little help from AAA).

pr0lurker
December 14 2011, 08:56:32 PM

Then again, it was pretty good fun before Evoke&co came and took it from the fight club that took it from CVA (with a little help from AAA).

...and Ushra Khan as I remember. D-G, nevah forget!

Hellkyte
December 14 2011, 10:52:19 PM
Actually the one thing about Ushra Kahn (and many Provi residents) is that they are completely forgettable.

Hello Providence. Omar's Coming.

Hellkyte
December 19 2011, 04:08:59 AM
One more station for us. Was definintely an up and down night for us.

XHQ came out of reinforced and we came in to chase off some duders repping it. At that point we noticed that (because we are terrible) they had taken down all of our SBUs so we went and grabbed a bunch of SBU's. Which we put up and then wait the 3 hour timers. We finally get stuff ready to go then we see a small kitchen sink shield gang show up. We see that and we're like "huh, that's small" and then BAM large gang of Abaddons and Guardians cyno in.

We get most of our guys out (I lost my tempest :( ) and then we bounce safes while they start trying to take down our SBUs. No god damned way we are sitting there waiting for the SBUs to online again. So we're bouncing around and a Phobia gang is nearby, we decided to touch dicks with them. Now, our FC is FUCKING RETARDED and when we jump onto their comms his shit is all retarded and he can no longer lead. More FUCKING RETARDED things happen and we loose like 5 guys, but we form back up in YWSO with the Phobia gang. We get shit sorted and by that point the Abbadons or whatever take off (AMARRVICTOR).

So we jump in and blitz the kitchen sink gang. It never ceases to amaze me how you can have a 40 man gang with only 1 logi in it. Anyways...as you might expect....we completely rape them.

So we're now happy. Our FC did a great job and we're super psyched. Then we sit on the station with 1 dread and some carriers and start trying to grind that last bit away. And we start to get lazy...and a bit retarded....and BAM 60 man drake gang drops onto our caps. All of them ditch except the dread...which we loose.

At this point there were some words said "mistakes were made" etc etc.

Anyways we start grinding on the station again after the drakes leave and I think PL finally dropped supers and we took the station.

penis

Hellkyte
December 20 2011, 12:19:54 AM
well we held the station for all of one day

waffle sov best sov

penis

Hydro
December 25 2011, 05:34:24 AM

Bad in what way may I ask? I have fought CVA on numerous occasions and been blueballed, I was just making a point. Stop being an overbearing spastic...

CVA can try and do that, but one way or another they're going to lose Provi over this and be sent right back to lowsec: where they belong.

Mr Marram
December 25 2011, 08:58:18 AM
So what is the state of Provi now then? I have read through the last page which dates back to the summer and it has changed hands a few times.
Who are the major sov holders/players?
Are there still many roaming groups hitting the region or do the locals blob up worse than old provibloc?

Please don't sling shit at each other, I don't care about petty arguments. Although this thread seems to be fairly clean.

Tyrus Tenebros
December 25 2011, 07:26:20 PM
So what is the state of Provi now then? I have read through the last page which dates back to the summer and it has changed hands a few times.
Who are the major sov holders/players?
Are there still many roaming groups hitting the region or do the locals blob up worse than old provibloc?

Please don't sling shit at each other, I don't care about petty arguments. Although this thread seems to be fairly clean.CVA and/or blue allies control most of providence with some exceptions.

D-G (last system next to the catch pipe that goes to HED and GE-8) is controlled by NC., A couple of systems in the northernmost area are controlled by irrelevant., who are on the way to living up to their alliance name.

Although KBP is owned by PL, the surrounding systems are all -7- and E.E., I assume PL (and you can see this from their statement on the previous page) is just holding the entrance system to give themselves a reason to dabble in the local sov when they're bored.

Southern providence is reopened to NRDS with all the attendant hilarity that brings with it. Will be interesting to see what the new year brings.

Lex Fasces
January 3 2012, 05:07:48 PM
but are the bears actually in provi?

just like old times =)

Hellkyte
January 6 2012, 07:13:20 PM
Not really.

Severance and EE seem to have seriously limited their ratting since we hit their constellations every day, and honestly I think they are growng to like PvP more. This may have to do with us loosing a 18 man BC gang w/ 6 logi to their 10 man 1 logi gang (MISTAKES WERE MADE).

Usually when I take a fleet out I make a quick run to KBP to see if EE or Sev will engage, then quickly drop by H6 to see if CVA are around, then just go straight to curse.

Provi is kind of boring atm.

Intrepid Crossing ELITE
January 7 2012, 12:46:43 PM
the astonishing thing about providence is how it's general pvp 'prowess' has remained the same for 5 years or more

I suppose that's to do with the 'churn' of new players in the area, but given the rich sources of PVP, I'm suprised more vets don't choose to call it home

Paradox
January 9 2012, 03:59:05 AM
For the reason you just outlined, I suspect. There are some long-standing vets in Provibloc but it's easy to get frustrated with it. The bears are beginning to come back but only the brave/ ignorant ones as we're still in "Steamroll: pending" mode

And for the newer guys, they don't tend to stick around for longer than a year or so when they realise there may be greener pastures elsewhere, some do come back though.

Lex Fasces
January 12 2012, 09:45:18 PM
im looking forward to providence returning to its former glory. great pvp oppurtunities and also great ratting etc for new players

Miriam Sasko
January 13 2012, 12:14:29 PM
We had a really nice fight vs CVA & friends yesterday.

Basically, we had assembled a Rokh + Basi fleet specifically to deal with Circle of Two, who had dropped carriers on some of our smaller gangs in Sechmaren a couple of times over Christmas. The trap worked like a charm (http://exo.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12120657), even though we were maybe too eager for the carrier kill (our frst) and neglected some options we may have had to get them to risk and lose more hardware.

Now there we were with the heaviest gang we had ever fielded, and after we had stopped congratulating each other, new targets were needed. Balex had a 20 man BS gang with iirc 4 Guardians and 2 Falcons (rough numbers) activein the area, which we deemed too heavy for us. Twice our numbers in all regards, competent pvp'ers, good hardware, ECM - no need to feed them even more kills. So we went to a place that is known as having a fair few aggressive but badly organized players, Misaba.

At this point, we had 6 Rokhs, 3 Basilisks and a Nighthawk in our gang. Our scout reported 40 pilots in R3 to go with 30 in Misaba, but not all were active obviously. After some fannying about, roughly 25 of them with a mixed bs/bc gang, 3 Guardians and some support showed up on Misaba gate in R3. We had already decided to fall back and warped to Mamet gate (giving CVA too much time to organize can end badly) but were eager for the fight, so we turned around, warped to R3 gate, jumped in and commenced the fight.

It was a slaughter (http://exo.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12121372). Our neut rokh kept heavy pressure on their Guardians, and they seemed badly organized, so most of the ones that died did so without receiving any repairs. When it became apparent that our reps were holding without much effort, they bailed, cutting their losses.

Well, after that we spent a bit more time patting our backs and looting, then decided that it was late and we should head back to highsec. And now what I had said earlier showed: If you give CVA too much time to organize, they will use it. While we were in Mamet on Valmu gate, our backwards scout reported a local spike in Misaba, soon to be followed by a spike in Mamet. At this point, one of our basis had warped to a wrong gate (follow the yellow thingie...), most of us were sitting on Valmu gate, and our T3 booster was 2,5 jumps ahead (wtf, fc!?). So a bit of confusion ensued, giving CVA enough time to land on our grid and start to aggress. That was my preferred scenario, I still should have activated my hardeners... so they quickly put me deep into armor, forcing me to jump out.

Now, our complete gang was in Valmu, with some of them jumping after us and half still aggressed in Mamet. The battle that now unfolded looked, at first, to be going the same way as the last. We, despite some confusion in the target calling, went through our primaries quickly, while our own reps held. Not so easily as at first though, they put two of our Rokhs into deep armor or even structure before the Basis caught them.

After a few minutes, we had killed roughly 8-10 ships by that time, some of them started to bail again when two of our Basis got jammed at the same time (we had issues with ecm drones all the time) resulting in our first loss of the evening, soon to be followed by the second. This gave them enough heart to come back, and even though the ecm situation started to get clearer, we were now in a situation where ships on both sides would pop occasionally (still more on their side). I soon died, and, obviously, every loss hurt us more than them. Still, our remaining pilots decided to go down fighting, because they would have died on the other side of the gate anyway.

The results of the most fun slugfest I had in ages: Link (http://exo.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12121410). We lost all our Rokhs and one Basi (missing in the link), but got two Basis and the Nighthawk, who was supposed to be on anti-ecm duty but ended up chasing our first primary, a Deimos, over 400km, before he returned and got several solo kills, among them their blackbird. They lost 19 ships + 12 in the first engagement but held the field, so I'd call the results even, and I hope CVA had as much fun as we did.

GF.

Rivqua
January 14 2012, 11:26:21 AM
heh, I didn't notice the above post, I also posted a BR of that night in the LowSec Thread, with a video link.

Edited in link: http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?229-Low-Sec-Empire&p=342892&viewfull=1#post342892

- Riv

Daneel Trevize
January 14 2012, 11:53:55 AM
Specifically (http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?229-Low-Sec-Empire&p=342892#post342892)

Shinah Myst
January 29 2012, 10:29:52 PM
As the new year begun most of Curse inhabitants either disbanded or left for better pastures. Once a PvP paradise Curse become lifeless and boring. Being very hunger for PvP we learned that SniggWaffe's station in G-5 is coming from the last RF today and CVA is going to take it, so we decided to join the party (yeah, we were pretty desperate).

We formed up in G-0 with about 60 in the fleet, moved to Irshah and docked there to not scare CVA before the time. After the scouts confirmed that CVA is shooting the station we jumped to Gomati where we learned that 20-men 0utbreak Rokh-gang jumped into G-5 and immediately CVA hid under the POS shields :( Being unsure 0utbreak will fight our blob we returned back to Irshan. After some time 0utbreak returned to Assah, but 20-men AHAC gang of MercilessDOT appeared on the LADARs and CVA hid again. 'Fuck that shit!' - we jumped into G-5 and started shooting the station. Then we saw that the station came out of Shield RF not Armor and someone on the comms told that it's a different thing (we're inexperienced in sov warfare you know), so we decided to quickly kill an SBU to teach CVA a lesson that being cowards is a bad thing. Just as we started shooting the damn thing our scout told us there's 40-men RA Tornado/Drake-gang in 9-F! Yay! We warped to the 9-F gate on our optimals, but scout told us RA is taking position in 9-F on G-5 gate. Okay, you want us to jump in - we'll jump in. As we jumped in RA warped out :( We returned to G-5 and started shooting SBU on 9-F gate when 100-men RvB+friends frigsize-gang jumped in from Assah, so we wapred to Assah gate while RvB+F was killing our Sabre scout :D, but as we came out of the warp RvB left to SBU on 9-F gate. We jumped after them, and the fight begun.

Our second Sabre managed to bubble their fleet and we burned towards them shooting everything we can. RvB+F grabbed their balls and burned to us. While they tried to kill our Navy Scorp we killed quite a few of them (I had no time to lock targets!). About that time 0utbreak decided to join the fight. We was never happier and started killing 0utbreak Rokhs and Basis because killing frigs is not fun. RvB+F disengaged and warped out, but MercilessDOT joined us in AHACs. 0utbreak lost 10+ Rokhs and 2-3 Basis by that time and disengaged. MercilessDOT didn't catch the moment what allowed us to tackle their Damnation. We lost a Mael, FC was mad.

gf everyone!

DS killboard (http://kb.ds-alliance.com/battle/b3353/)
BRdoc (http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=3916)

We killed a number of RvB+F frigs on the way home.

P.S. And yes, we killed the SBU ;)

Lex Fasces
February 16 2012, 10:59:46 PM
im seeing a serious amount of bearing going on in lower providence right now. in the last hour thousands of innocent rats have been slaughtered by tengus and ravens.

what are cva up to in regards to retaking / policing the rest of it?

OLD PROVI WIL PROVAIL?

Cogs
April 18 2012, 02:44:44 AM
what is the cost for CVA to maintain a minimum degree of "civility"? constant patrols, and their outpost endeavours actually make then loose money (afaik)
This is taken from a post in this thread (http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?6360-Devblog-Carebearing-2-0/page12) which reminded me of a couple of questions about CVA + Providence that I'd always meant to ask.

1) Do CVA feel proud or disappointed that they're the only NRDS 0.0 area in Eve? They've proved it can be done, why haven't other regions followed their lead?

2) I was ratting there to raise my sec status a fair few years ago and they seemed to be throwing up a new station every week. I've often heard that one of the reasons Providence had never been overrun was because it was a shitty place to live for a sov holding alliance who want to want to earn good isk. I must be labouring under a misapprehension somewhere because if Prov's that bad, how can they throw up 50+ stations in 80 or so systems when other alliances can't?

Tyrus Tenebros
April 18 2012, 02:51:16 AM
1) Do CVA feel proud or disappointed that they're the only NRDS 0.0 area in Eve? They've proved it can be done, why haven't other regions followed their lead?Proud, generally. And just because it "can" be done doesn't mean that many entities want to put up with the royal pain of maintaining peace on a daily basis.

2) I was ratting there to raise my sec status a fair few years ago and they seemed to be throwing up a new station every week. I've often heard that one of the reasons Providence had never been overrun was because it was a shitty place to live for a sov holding alliance who want to want to earn good isk. I must be labouring under a misapprehension somewhere because if Prov's that bad, how can they throw up 50+ stations in 80 or so systems when other alliances can't?Mostly by being undisturbed.

Since thread is bumped anyways, I will remind people that CVA and allies should respect agreed 1v1s and SOME of us will even form comparably powerful gangs (for the most part) in order the engage threats that wander through.

Rudolf Miller
April 18 2012, 01:16:45 PM
So roam to die pvp is alive again in provi?

Varcaus
April 18 2012, 01:23:16 PM
So roam to die pvp is alive again in provi?

Killing a few things then getting wacked by a blob seems to work or some reds.

Belegarath
June 2 2012, 04:42:50 PM
We had an awesome fight that started in T-RPFU. Scouts had seen 2 separate -A- and ENGRE fleets. The -A- fleet consisting of Arty Canes with a Sleip, Claymore, and minimal reps. ENGRE fleet was basically 20ish drakes with 4 scimis. Each of those fleets had a decent amount of small tackle. We originally hoped to engage one, then the other group as combined that amount of small tackle really becomes a huge problem.

Our fleet consisted of roughly 20 people. 5 drakes, 7 nados, oracle, huginn, arazu, 1 scimi, and 4 ceptors.

Our initial inty into D-G happened to get stuck as our cloaky eyes missed the first gang (Yippie Dual boxing!) coming up the pipe towards us. We saw the ENGRE fleet come into SV5. As I said early, that much small tackle was an issue. We decided to take the fight in T-RPFU if they wanted it. Speed up about 6-8 minutes of our inty pilot shitting his pants trying to stay alive while they tried to kill him - they eventually gave up and came towards our main group.

Things became somewhat hectic so the best I can do is recall from memory and my quick review of the fraps. Local ended up right around 85? I don't think all of them we're on the other side as a few neutrals were in system before the party began. The Nado's popped a cane that uncloaked before small tackle. From there on our philosophy became kill the tackle or we've lost the fight before we could do real damage. Drakes began to do their job of webbing/scramming the small shit while the huginn helped to slow stuff down enough for us to began popping them. Multiple small tackle of theirs died - Vaga/shield SFI - as well. We lost 2 drakes and pods at which point I noticed an issue of being spread out WAY to much. An align/warp off was called. In this initial engagement we didn't really kill anything bigger than tackle (minus the initial cane).

At this point we noticed that -A- themselves actually left the field. Review of the fraps/killboards show we killed basically all of their small tackle. ENGRE stayed around to continue the fight when we warped into a wreck. We followed and hounded them all the way back to HED-GP.

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=7532 <--- Initial battle and both the 1st and 2nd system where we caught people running.
http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=13531711 <--- Rest of the drakes that we caught as they ran seemingly unorganized.

All in all a wonderful fight. It EASILY could have gone either way. If their scimis had kept their tackle alive a bit longer as they moved in to grab us we'd have been slaughtered as any solo fleet ceptor can solo any long range tier 3 BC. I believe what saved the fight for us was the quick call to bail/regroup when our drakes got caught.

Thanks for an awesome Friday night!

Lex Arson
June 3 2012, 02:10:46 AM
*le BR*

I was trolling around HED-GP about that time with a corpmate, making a 14 jump journey out there and killing an unrigged thrasher and some sort of Kestrel fit you'd expect from a day 1 player; I think I took more damage from the battleship rats on the gate than I did either of those. We were preparing to leave when *suddenly local* spike and very angry -A- fleet is staring at me. Like a genius I warp to the station and dock, and after being station camped for a short bit by various ENGRE and -A- most of them buggered off except the Onyx, whose bubble I simply burnt out of and warped off back towards Curse. The next system over I was aligning to warp when I saw you guys land on gate, one after another after another.... :) I distinctly remember thinking "Man, I bet that -A- fleet just ran from Exodus."

In other (non-providence-related) news, Curse is actually good for small gang PvP. Who knew.

Lex Arson
June 15 2012, 03:17:30 AM
"hey, let's get some t1 cruisers and head towards Providence."

It sounded like a good idea at the time. We undock in out little gang of 2 thoraxes and a vexor (to be later joined by a maller), where it is mostly quiet until we reach XHQ-7V (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Providence/XHQ-7V). We chill on the XB gate for a minute while our scout checks out the system, 10 in local or something like that, with a nado, tengu, abaddon, and a few frigs on scan. He chases a nado between a few belts, lands 70 away and the nado warps off. A drake soon lands, is scrammed, and the three of us jump in and pew the drake real quick like. A harpy warps in to presumably assist but the drake is already dead at this point, and we fail to tackle it before he turns around and warps off again. We warp back to XHQ and jump through, with a vengeance and nado following us to gate. The vengeance jumps through and gatecrashes as expected, and as such as we miss the a myrmidon that lands on our gate and jumps with us still waiting out aggression.

At this point we warp to the outgate, with the vengeance back in local as well as a few others. Our shield thoraxes and vexor burn of gate a bit with the bait-tanked maller chilling at 0. Vengeance and harpy land and tackle the maller, and the game is afoot. We all burn back towards gate, priming the harpy which dies quickly. Around this time a hurricane lands as well and starts putting down some serious DPS on us, which my 5 ec-300's were unfortunately unable to jam out. A scimitar also lands about 20km from the gate... and is immediately scram/webbed. We switch targets a few times and even got the armor cane into structure, but due to the short range on our blasters and lack of real scram or webs I was out of damage range on the cane during most of the fight and he ended up living. The scimitar was not so fortunate however, and neither was a small part of the frigate swarm that soon landed. In the end we all died, which was expected, but we managed to kill more than we lost, which was what we'd hoped for. gf's were thrown in local, and even convo'd me later to tell me what a great job we did. No shortage of cordiality in Providence indeed.

http://adversity.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=13663829

Tyrus Tenebros
June 15 2012, 05:08:51 AM
North provi... explains why our gang missed it :)

we did kill a Talos in HED though.

Belegarath
June 24 2012, 05:58:04 PM
So, half of the group is messing around on comms trying to figure out a Fraps issue. Another 1/4 of our group is just making fun of that half trying to figure out the Fraps thing. The rest all stated we weren't really "playing" tonight.

One of our inty pilots then begins to scream in a channel that he has a gang to fight. 20? -7- and 15-20? of sound mind. He ends up doing this for almost 15 minutes. Normally, once a target is seen it is a quick form up and people start undocking before we even have a game plan and fleet/dest set up. Apparently Fraps is more important?

Previously the provi guys had pulled a pretty clever trick of leaving half of their fleet in kbp7 and the rest a little off the 9-f gate in g-5. I wasn't there to witness it, but essentially, once their scout confirms us in warp they jump in the other half and warp over to the 9-f gate. Worked earlier and had caught a Drake of ours that couldn't get off fast enough. All in all a good move. "Fearing" this - we all warp off to a quickly made off-grid pounce in our standard Nano-set up. As we begin to land at the pounce it appears as though the provi fleet moves to their JB and jumps down to KBP.

A scout is already in system there and shows "CIA intel" (basically a quickly grabbed screen shot). We quickly come to the conclusion that jumping into it with nano stuff is highly questionable. Being a simple quick 100+AU warp and station dock to switch comps to actually take the fight, we go and reship to armor. As we're in warp across G-5 the gang in KBP is roughly 35 now with more on scan presumably at the JB.

Eventually we get onto the other side of the gate from them. Final calls were given; primary and secondary are called out from the images, Target calling is then handed over. Jump is called. DPS breaking first is called. And the fun begins. We brought a tempest with 2 large smart bombs in the highs to clear drones off the guardians. At one point as the guards were burning to smart bomb range 3 of the 4 are jammed - fuck ec-300s. I swear. One was cap'd out and couldn't even "burn" to the tempest. One of our guards drops to 60% structure at this point. Some of the DPS guys hearing the guards have some trouble are questioning the jump in in fleet chat at this point. Target calling is continued and as the drones are wiped off the field, guardian reps begin to stabilize. Then... our booster shouts on comms that we're going to lose our legion. First thought... that sucks, not much we can do to help that now. About 2 minutes later he is asking if we're going to save the booster. Confused why it isn't dead yet, we warp 2 guards over to put reps on it while the fleet continues it's own thing. Guards land and rep him up. At this point it is just a matter of cleaning up the respective fields and station.

Good probing was called out in local for them getting our boy. On comms... he then admits it isn't an "unprobeable" set up. Jeering is then done at him, limited though as it didn't backfire to much. None-the-less, they did a good job taking advantage of the situation and probing him out.

The entire fight turns the other way most likely if we lose the one guard. They did an excellent job of neuting the shit out of one of our guards, jamming the rest, and attempting to blap the one. Just didn't go their way last night. EASILY could have though. We like a 3-1 guard ratio... more like a 2.5-1, last night we had a 4-1 and even worse it was a 4-1 with a decent 4 or 5 ships that should have stood out like a sore-thumb. Provi guys did a good job and almost swung the fight to their side while our t3s/dps were 60k off gate... not a good place to be if logi starts to die!:psyduck:

Here is the BR: http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=8251 -not sure why it isn't showing-lost an inty about 15 minutes before the fight in that system and a RFFT during the fight.
CIA intel? (3pics) http://imgur.com/l6wxM,azlI6,8MWIG

I'll update with Fraps as we go. I personally prefer fraps from the logi POV - but no logi was frapsing last night. Thus here is one of the POVs from one of the Lokis. If one of the other views give a more interesting perspective I'll edit this to the other POV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-3wrMfkCCE&feature=plcp

Video with comms/lovely background music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLtorQyRmg&feature=plcp

Suleiman Shouaa
June 24 2012, 06:29:56 PM
Nice BR.

When you say you like 2.5-1 ratio, is that DPS to Logi? That seems ridiculously logi huge to me.

Belegarath
June 24 2012, 07:04:53 PM
3 dps ships to 1 logi yeah... pretty standard for an ahac group.... and I hate the onieros.

You guys had almost 3-1 yourselves via gal fed the other night. Basically 4-1 like we had going in there. Just because I "like" a 3-1 doesn't mean we have it often. Our normal nano-roaming gang consists of 1 scimi. Just one. But the armor... once in, you're stuck.

(those that know me better in game will get the 2.5-1 running joke that I'm a coward)

Armeggeda
June 24 2012, 07:11:40 PM
Nice BR.

When you say you like 2.5-1 ratio, is that DPS to Logi? That seems ridiculously huge to me.

Would be more considering the normal gaurdian to T3 ratio of armor T3 fleets , which is 5 gaurds to every 20 or so T3's. but we wanted a fight and we dont have the #'s to field more then 20 or so peeps. this gang is made to take on gangs 3-5 times its size and still come out ontop because we cant exactly nano away from people. hence the logi ratio.

Raze Zindonas
June 24 2012, 08:12:04 PM
This was my first time flying a T3 armor Loki. I built the thing 10 minutes before rolling out on the field of battle.

New video...Comms now in video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLtorQyRmg

StevieTopSiders
June 29 2012, 05:28:25 AM
Elite PVP op in Provi tonight. Killed shitfits.

Storyline RCU Drake (http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13817884)
Unfit Apoc (http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13817739)
Cyno Prophecy (http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13817840) - he lit cyno but nothing jumped through. vOv
Another Drake (http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13817885)

Exodus. camped our way out. I thought they weren't ballsy enough to take gate gun aggro. They did. We lost stuff, and almost killed a Nado, but no one had point. :v

Battrureport (http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13817871)

Not shown are a Jagged Cane and Naga (that died).

Belegarath
June 29 2012, 08:09:34 AM
Quick Posting - partially in response to Stevie - partially because people asked that I put this up.
First fight:
Jockey time on the gate. They had 34 (or so says fraps on the decloak) including 4 scimis to our 15 in fleet - not everyone was actually in system. Exodus. fleet warps sun. Retirement follows but warps at 0. Dram (http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13817541)dies in Sendaya off sun roughly 120? off their gang. Retirement club and Jag bounce around in Sendaya for a while. One of our ceptors catches a vaga, they come back, we burn after jumping into them. Explosions begin to occur.
Battle Report: http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13817637
Chasing them back "home" we catch two more canes.

2nd Fight - Responding to Stevie there:
14 in fleet for us.
For them - best guess from piecing it together. 1 Nado, 2 Nagas, 6 Canes, 1 Drake, 1 Slicer, 2 Scimis.

Basically what Stevie said kind of. Difference though - the Exodus. gang wasn't camping them in. They were on their way to a Severance camp in KBP. Retirement club just happened to get in the way. Here is the BR including those two other kills: http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13817865

And this... isn't exactly the worlds Greatest comms ever. Nothing was added in - this literally was someone not muting the "FagBot" - our music playing connection on comms. Normally one of the FCs will do this - apparently missed it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGDP052Oto&feature=plcp

Armeggeda
June 29 2012, 08:35:17 AM
That audio file shows just how bad we are , please everyone don't think were good D:

StevieTopSiders
June 30 2012, 08:59:49 AM
Tonight, I bravely solo'ed into Providence in my Sleipnir. I entered through G-5, popped into KBP, saw nothing, and then began to move to Y-MP. Jumping into H6, I was tackled by a Vagabond. I attempted the ol' Slingshot, but he didn't fall for it, so I jumped through into 9UY. His unaggro'ed Drake friend jumped with me. He got tackle before I could warp off, so I turned my guns onto him. Overheating 100%. He popped (http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13827708). By the time he died, however, the Vagabond had jumped into us. To make matters worse, a Rupture appeared. Using the power of OP LASB's, I was able to deaggress and jump through. After reloading cap boosters and ammo, I was prepared to jump back into the fray...

When local jumped by like 10 dudes. :/ Dishonoure Provi. I logoffski'd when the Buzzard put out probes. I went to play Halo for like an hour, and when I logged back on, another 10 man gang took their place.

XavierVE
June 30 2012, 09:55:55 AM
When local jumped by like 10 dudes. :/ Dishonoure Provi.

Was just my t1 cruiser gang heading back from Catch. JB's mate, you were just in the middle of the best path back home. Killed an Orca and a bunch of other stuff that should be deployed to Delve while avoiding GENTS titan bridges all night long. Good times, love it when -A- deploys.

XavierVE
July 1 2012, 06:19:19 AM
After dishonorably blobbing Stevietopsiders in his Deimos, we had a fun brawl with Thorn/401K in 9UY on the ZQ- gate. They had 22 in a mix of BC's/t1 cruisers/ewar/tackle frigs. Actually, quite heavy on the tackle. We had 15 in our mid-range BC comp including two logistics. Fight started on gate, but Thorn/401K hit a celestial and got fairly close to our position with good probing. Burned away, once we cleared their blackbirds and DPS, was mostly tackle left which cleared field. Good coordinated target swapping to try to probe the reaction time of our scimis. Our scrubby arses finally used logistics well for once and was able to hold.

Props to 401K/Thorn for jumping in, they had more numbers but we had a 'weightier' gang so the fight was in our favor, definitely. Was impressed at the scrap overall, much respect and here's to more, need something to liven up USTZ in Provi.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13839612 - Includes us doing PROVI DISHONOR upon a wayward Typhoon and Deimos earlier in the night, our numbers were down by the time we had the fight and we had no Falcon.

Lex Arson
July 3 2012, 05:00:02 AM
Went on a small roam chasing down some provi gangs tonight, found virtually nothing but a few ganks and a few gangs that ran. We did find a rev that was unsieged or something bashing a POS with some minor BS support. Once again Provi theorycrafters pump out great fits for the front line: Nightmare (http://adversity.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13864289), unrigged, with cloak and salvager; mission-fit Abaddon (http://adversity.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13864356) with meta 0 guns, and Lord Tyrus himself flying a Domi (http://adversity.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13864358) with missing lows and a cloak. Apparently also forgot to swap out of his LG crystal set (http://adversity.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13864472) as well vOv whoops.

Tyrus Tenebros
July 3 2012, 08:55:13 AM
We were bashing POCOs actually, in order to put up our own.

The domi was PvE fit and all the lows were fit thank you http://kb.cva-eve.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=237045) As it happens the domi also makes a great AFK shooter since sentries put out about 700 dps or so.

Our rev WAS sieged and coasted out right as Exodus came by (we got intel while they were a few out), so that part went pretty well. Exodus scout tackled our viator but we were able to free him up. I sacrificed my domi in the process, forgetting I was in my LG-crystal clone.

As it happens, I had JC'd in to the clone last night for my Claymore, and then went to retrieve a LASB-fit eagle from assah that i had (ironically, it turns out) bought from OrangeAfroMan, an exodus pilot, so I kept the crystals in expecting to fight my way out. I docked the eagle and jumped in to the dominix for what I assumed would be a boring structure shoot, and ended up derping my crystal set instead. (As it happens, i also did not have to fight my way out, but i did fight my way IN, taking a vaga just barely in to armor while flying a vengeance, before his buddy in a harbinger landed to kill me... dishonoUr). Also a cynabal escaped the wrath of the eagle due to dishonour drones.

Props to exodus inty for the on-the-ball pod tackle, and fail for me not JCing out of the crystals :just to be safe:

Our abaddon pilot is one of our new guys, and again we were just shooting a PoCo and screwed up with the viator getting caught. (not that it makes it any better, but it DOES make the apparent failfits less stupid, it's not like we were roaming around trying to shoot other ships in them)

edit: I take no responsibility for the nightmare fit though, not one of ours :-P

Lex Arson
July 3 2012, 09:07:33 AM
We were bashing POCOs actually Damnit. That's what I meant :psyduck:

We seriously had the worst luck with the timing on that rev. First time we enter system, it had (assumedly) just left siege and warped to POS. So we bugger off for a bit chasing some other lights hoping you'd go back to it. The nightmare in 9UY distracted us, so when our scout landed back on the CO the Rev was in warp just as he landed :cut:

And eve-kill really needs to fix/add the new modules. Usually they still show at the bottom (hint; they didn't), but I checked the mail in-game and I guess you had T2 drone damage amps vOv Still an *interesting* fit.

Tyrus Tenebros
July 3 2012, 09:19:00 AM
We were bashing POCOs actually Damnit. That's what I meant :psyduck:

We seriously had the worst luck with the timing on that rev. First time we enter system, it had (assumedly) just left siege and warped to POS. So we bugger off for a bit chasing some other lights hoping you'd go back to it. The nightmare in 9UY distracted us, so when our scout landed back on the CO the Rev was in warp just as he landed :cut:

And eve-kill really needs to fix/add the new modules. Usually they still show at the bottom (hint; they didn't), but I checked the mail in-game and I guess you had T2 drone damage amps vOv Still an *interesting* fit.Works good with my legion probing and salvaging mag containers, runs up to a 6/10 with generally limited problems and handles all mag/radar/ladar sites. Stupid dying in it, but fit itself is great given how cheap the hull and fit are still

Brullig
July 27 2012, 05:51:47 AM
After rumbling around Minmatar FW space trying to scout/point with an Onyx,I led a Fweddit lolfleet from Kamela through Providence looking for fun. After basically touring the whole region, with a slight detour into Catch, we never really found much fun besides bombing drakes on a station. On our way out the other side of Providence into Misaba, we ran into EVOL and other Retirement Club duders in a frigate fleet. Normally we at Fweddit would be completely overjoyed to engage something like this, except we were derping around in the only fleet comp we have that is shit against frigates -- mostly stealth bombers for giggles. We kinda figured something bad was about to happen when we bubbled ourselves on gate and the Taranis 200km off started burning in to it...

It was pretty much a massacre, we didn't even try to fight. Most were able to jump through and burn off, but we did lose a few bombers and other stuff. Our Onyx got tackled and was tanking like a boss, which kept them interested long enough for a few of the bombers to line up a few launches -- I think we even scored a couple headshots, including a Sentinel on a possible double-kill.

GG StevieTopSiders + crew, and I hope you enjoyed that Onyx kill.

Bonus points go to this thrasher pilot we found: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14138781 Nice loot, bro.

StevieTopSiders
July 28 2012, 07:42:34 AM
Whelp.

http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14147883

Scout error had us expectring "a few" BC's.

Lex Arson
July 28 2012, 08:23:26 PM
Whelp.

http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14147883

Scout error had us expectring "a few" BC's.

: providence :

StevieTopSiders
July 29 2012, 06:22:14 AM
I logged on after a trip to the hookah bar with my hott caucasian girlfriend to find that we had a drunk roam heading to Providence. I clone-jumped to our nearby hi-sec staging system and fit up a baller Taranis.

When I met up with the fleet, they were ganking a pirate Hurricane. A neutral Punisher and Vaga warped off to a planet, so I gave chase, away from the gate guns. I tackled the Punisher and engaged brawl mode, x'ing up in fleet so that people could warp to me. I was finishing off the Punisher when the Vaga landed, neuting out my guns and depriving me of my kill. Luckily, we got a point on the Vaga, and he died.

http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14159031

Minus one Taranis.

I warped my pod back to my stock of Taranii, intending to outrun the police. When I undocked from station however, which was an insta-warp to the outgate, I was told I couldn't engage my engines due to criminal activity. Herp.

Minus two Taranis.

By this time, the fleet had made it to KBP-7 and found itself stuck between a 20-man Severance gang with Falcons and dual-Logi in KBP. In YSW, Of Sound Mind was waiting with a single Scimi and a blackbird and rail Brutices. I was scouting the Of Sound Mind gang when I decided to save our scout Malediction by brawling an Incursus. Well, the Incursus was getting mad shield reps, and then I found myself jammed, pointed, and painted. :Provi:

Minus three Taranis.

Anyway, we had some Tempests leave fleet due to butthurt, and they decided to brave the Severance gang. We took this opportunity to engage Of Sound Mind. Stuff happened, and stuff died. Was a good fight.

http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14159220

We kinda want to bring a proper gang to Providence, but we know they won't engage if we bring a unified comp and Logi of our own. :/

XavierVE
July 29 2012, 06:38:16 AM
Thanks for the fight, 401K. And stop hating on the Rail Brutixes.

Also, tell your two mad Tempest pilots that we appreciated them leaving. Had they stayed, you guys would have wiped us to a man and warped off before -7- hit the scene. Not to mention wherever your Scimitar pilot made off to.

Lex Arson
August 2 2012, 04:58:11 AM
can't wait for a BR on this fight (eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14195986)

Daniel L'Siata
August 2 2012, 02:24:59 PM
A little battle report about a fight we had yesterday in Providence in KBP-7 by esteemed glorious leader FIRST GENERAL. I take no credit.
One with working links is available on the alliance homepage at www.lostobsession.com under Battle Reports and shortly on my blog located in the signature.

Appetizer

This fight had happened three days ago and had peaked our interest. Drunk and Disorderly, extremely capable pilots, had gotten, due to a lack of people and thus needing more people to dual- or multibox, overwhelmed in this fight and narrowly lost the edge that made the fight go south for them.

Entrée
Right as I got home and logged on after installing a new CPU into my Computer, people reported action all around The Bleak Lands. We started by dropping around some T3's with a single Triage (Capitol One) since we had at that point, only about 7 people ready to go in fleet.

After a few random kills we switched over to heavier gear, add a second Triage to the mix and sent some Cyno Recons into Providence while sitting on the Titan with the following:

Devoter/Loki/Proteus/Kronos/2 Vindicators/Navy Armageddon/Abaddon/Tempest

We snagged a terribly fit Abaddon and a Tornado on that first drop on the B-W gate in KBP-7. Sevrance & Co form up while we wait for our Triage to exit its cycle and as it does we warp the fleet to the Dital gate including the Carrier. Shortly after landing we jump the Triage out and get ready to travel home through highsec, but as we do, a hodge podge fleet of about 30-40 landed on the Dital gate in KBP-7 and started lighting us up. With no Cyno with us at that time, and in no proper setup to fight in Sevrance's home system I decided to jump us out, travel home, pick up a few more guys and reship to different gear.

While we switch to the other composition an unlucky Pilgrim of ours dies in Providence.

Pièce de résistance

While we reship to 2 Navy Apocs/4 Navy Geddons/2 Vindicators/Machariel/Firewall TFI we keep the Devoter/Damnation/Abaddon along and add a third Triage on standby.
In the meantime Sevrance & Co are still buzzing around in KBP-7 in a hodge podge fleet of about 40 shield ships, mainly a mix of Drakes/Hurricanes/Tempests.

In order to not make it too obvious who the bait is from we send a to FATE unrelated bait/cyno Dominix into Providence and sure enough, after lifting up the skirt and showing some leg, Sevrance & Co bites. Cyno goes up and while we initially wanted to jump only 4-5 people in, in order to get them to escalate it a bit more, as the cyno goes up a fleet of about 50 lands on the Dominix to take it out and we bridge all of our gang in including Capitol One in the first Triage.
He does a fabulous job at keeping everybody alive and for the better part of 15 minutes I am busy calling & broadcasting target after target like there's no tomorrow with Capitol only saying "Capacitor looking good, i've got it under control" despite a lot of Tempests and Hurricanes being on field. During the fight the number of hostiles increses to worrying somewhere around 70-80 hostile ships.

After about fifteen minutes of killing Tempests, Hurricanes and Scimitars alike as priority targets, Capitol gets primaried and we jump the second Triage (Senshi Maru) in. Capitol One refits, tanks, and coasts out without a hitch. At that point we've killed about 40-50 ships already and we're all starting to pant under the effort.

With my overview completely full the whole time, and staying completely filled up the whole time, despite us taking a ship out nearly every 5-10 seconds I'm starting to get worried about our extraction thinking that Sevrance & Co are merely playing for time and reshipping in order to gwin the time to get even more people in. With that in mind I have Starconquer212 cook up an extraction plan while I keep calling & broadcasting at best speed.

A mere two minutes (which is at about the 6th total Triage cycle) after I call for all ships to get on gate (B-W gate) and announce that we might have to leave Triage behind to extract the rest of the fleet, Sevrance & Co decide they have had enough losses for one day and perform a tactical retreat making it easy and painless for us to evacuate in the end.

Dessert

This is the total final tally for the second engagement (Eve-kill). (90 kills/ 0 Losses)

This is the fixed battlereport (Dog BR Doctor) which shows 15:100 although realistically because none of our ships was killed in that second engagement it doesn't show all of the hostiles which were probably at a total of 115.

And here's a look onto the field which shows about 90+ wrecks & corpses after the fight was over.

Credits

Severance & Co, who irrespective of losses, kept coming back again and again to fight. You guys are real troopers. +1

Capitol One for excellent Triage work.

Star for backing me up when needed.

All the other guys who don't have their name mentioned.

The thrill of this fight was definitely fighting huge numbers with only two hands full of people. The initial numbers of Tempest and Hurricanes had me worried they would cap out our Triage very quick (that was what had happened to Drunk and Disorderly the other day) but we managed to kill them fast enough in order to avoid it becoming a problem for Capitol.

Although the base fleet comp of Tempests & Hurricanes that Severance & Co used can be very deadly for Triage gangs if used effectively by the hostile FC.

All in all a great fight providing a great rush for all pilots involved.

Belegarath
August 2 2012, 02:56:23 PM
Daniel... fix your links bud. Good read. Well done.

Tyrus Tenebros
August 2 2012, 03:38:25 PM
Providence really picked up while Ive been out

Should be good times picking it up next week

Opie Nus
August 2 2012, 05:56:22 PM
This should be a more accurate link to the numbers.

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=9973

Sad I missed the fight.

StevieTopSiders
August 5 2012, 03:06:34 AM
So with some 401K duders, I reinforced some CVA POCO's a few nights ago, hoping to get a fight.

We showed up in 20 Muninns plus support. CVA had 100+ Shield Battleships and BC's. UNTHINKABLES brought 40 Tengus and 20 Support.

We left, because no one would jump into us in Assah (despite taking GCC to make us an even juicier target).

But, I come back later, seeing that CVA has killed more Tengus than we ever did fighting in Scalding Pass, and there a shitton of third parties on the BR:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14229106

Factions to me looked like:

CVA + Friends
UNTHINKABLES and Why So Serious
Lost Obsession plus Lowsec Bros

But then I'm not sure where to place some others:

-A- and SOCO
Outbreak.

Can people from CVA and Lost Obsession (and possibly other areas) fill me in?

RainbowsEverywhere
August 5 2012, 04:00:27 AM
We'll get you guys a battle report + video (from FATE) as soon as our better writers write the battle report.

Daniel L'Siata
August 5 2012, 10:03:32 AM
One is being worked on presently by the BR slaves! Will update this post when it's ready.

EDIT - Yes, that's right. My BR slave is the alliance leader, I'm just that good.

As before, versions with working links, pictures and fraps are available at the Alliance homepage at http://www.lostobsession.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30:saturday-night-lights&catid=41&Itemid=409 and my blog in the signature

Credit again to FIRST GENERAL for another excellent BR and stealing my job.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

After this report on Wednesday, we got another great, albeit shorter, fight yesterday in Providence, this time in G-5EN2.

Prologue

We had intelligence up about several things coming up yesterday which however didn't turn out to give anything. We hadn't undocked but most of us were ready to travel to midpoints and we were in no actual fleet comp yet to fight anything. After our planned ops didn't pan out and not willing to stand down we sent out a couple of scouts and kept continuously checking the Eve map.

We quickly had scouts in Providence and got eyes on a 120+ man CVA & Co fleet with a dozen+ logistics, mixed basilisks as well as scimitars and heavy on Tempests, Hurricanes and Drakes.

Since the fight on Wednesday, CVA & Co had been keeping eyes on us in Kamela constantly and we knew that it would be hard if not impossible to get a fight,let alone to force it.

CVA & Co fought with the fleet comp above a THE UNTHINKABLES Tengu setup of about 40 Tengu's and 35 scimitars. While we had eyes, we didn't get our own full fleet with the optimal composition onto the Titan in time to drop their fight. CVA & co surprisingly did very well against the Tengu's scoring kills and coming out on top efficiency wise (note that the Sev3rance killboard shows us on that fight too despite the fight with THE UNTHINKABLES happening notably earlier).

Main Event

We were sitting on the Titan with :

9 Navpocs /1 Navgeddon (there's always that guy) / 4 Mach's / 2 Bhaalgorns / 4 Loki's / 2 Proteii / 1 Firewall Phoon / 1 Dictor (Hero Sabre) / 2 Heavy Dictors / 4 Triage Carriers

The CVA fleet, was consistently running around in G-5EN2 and jumping occasionally into Assah for a Poco R/F timer of theirs. Building on that our Hero Sabre placed himself 100 off their station in G-5EN2 inline with the Assah gate and as soon as their gang jumped in he uncloaked and dropped a bubble. The warp from Assah to the G-5EN2 station is a 115 AU warp which had all of us sitting on the Titan crossing our fingers and toes.

"First Tempest landed in the bubble" reports Talana (the Hero Sabre). "Cyno-recon in place?" "Confirmed". We waited till more of their fleet started landing, lit the cyno and bridged in.

First target that goes down is a Basilisk which gets alpha'ed. After that I broadcast & call Tempests like there's no tomorrow in order to get rid of any potential neuting that the CVA & Co fleet had brought and to minmise any cap pressure on the Triage Carriers. Irrespective of their logistics, the Tempests all dropped like flies, only this Tempest actually ever received any reps. The hostile fleet's incoming DPS was, as opposed to last Wednesday, much better focused and 2 of our Triage carriers had to enter Triage to keep our own ships alive.

Our Firewall TFI (Benzkie) did an excellent job as usual at eliminating not only hostile ECM Drones and toning down the missile spam from the Drakes but he also rid us of pesky frigates and, helpful lad that he is, immediately sent all the pods straight to station:

After most of the Tempests are vaporized we get to work on the Hurricanes.

This is about 4 minutes into the fight and at about 4min30s into the fight the CVA & Co fleet operate a tactical retreat because a -A- gang is incoming with 100 Rokhs and 35 Scimitars.

As the last people get off field we're coming up on the 5 minute Triage cycle timer and all Triage pilots get to hit red before going into their next cycle.

As soon as all the Archons are out of Triage we jump them out and head off into low-sec, Assah, not wanting to take on or get shot by -A-'s Rokh setup.

Here's the fraps from the fight as well, another a-bit-worked-up video will follow later as soon as I get a chance to work on it.

This is the alliance kill report and this is the fixed report. I put -A- on the other side of the report since we found out, a posteriori, that they were going to come shoot us too. (They did score a few kills on the CVA fleet after we had left though).

Total tally: 33 vs 120+ for 46 kills and 1 loss.

Credits

Talana Mershie for perfect bubble timing.

SenshiMaru and Hilfe for excellent Triage work.

All other pilots not mentioned here who did other essential jobs for the fleet.

Benzkie for the screenshots, Senshi for the first fraps and Hilfe for the second one.

Special thanks also to Lock Out and Amymuffmuff for coming along.

Fraps can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXKq9KEJt6I&feature=player_embedded from the PoV of Triage pilot SenshiMaru

BR can be found at http://www.fate.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14230902

As above, versions with working links and piccies on alliance homepage and my blog!

StevieTopSiders
August 6 2012, 05:50:51 PM
Lost ships to Tyrus and Co. yesterday. I had everyone go for a sick Wolf kill, because he wasn't in an NRDS alliance. Damn those roleplayers! *shakes fist*

Tyrus Tenebros
August 6 2012, 06:20:24 PM
Lost ships to Tyrus and Co. yesterday. I had everyone go for a sick Wolf kill, because he wasn't in an NRDS alliance. Damn those roleplayers! *shakes fist*

I was just passing through and podded you conveniently.

I went on to camp HED,

Scored faction tengu kill, loki, dominix, jaguar, drake, cane, and nighthawk kills before getting my proteus stick on a gate and dying of to a geddon and abaddon untackled. Easily won ISK war so I'm happy with the night

StevieTopSiders
August 12 2012, 06:43:12 AM
New FC took out a roam today. We dunked on T1 cruisers (see Curse thread), and then continued onto Provi, seeing blobs in XHQ, YMP, and KBP.

We headed towards Y-M first, when we ran into Xavier and Co. There was a bit of a Mexican standoff on the H6<->9UY gate, with our FC eventually deciding to pull back towards low-sec. This didn't end too well, because it gave -7- and -E-E- time to form up mad EWAR blob.

Of Sound Mind warped into us, allowing us to score some kills against their rangey comp. Our reps were holding, and we were chewing through ships, when suddenly -7- blob, damping and jamming our Logis. At this point, we lost a lot of our fleet, while I overheated my guns through an ASB boosting Ferox.

http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14306462

I'd like to hear Xavier's side of the story, if he'll deign to post. xD

gf o7

XavierVE
August 12 2012, 07:47:11 AM
TL-DR - helped -7- blob a gang

'Lo Mr. TopSiders!

Formed up our usual Saturday night gang of dishonorable newbies (mid-range assemblage of hurricanes, brutixes, a bubbler, recon and claymore, 15 in total) and roamed around Providence as always. Nobody was around, not a hostile in the entire region for about two hours. Blobbed out a brave knight in a Nighthawk (http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14306116) using our typical PROVI DISHONOR style. We were getting the loot when someone reported seeing you in 4B. Which was odd, because usually we see you guys coming when you hit G-5.

So I got eyes on the 4B gate in 9UY while we burned towards H6, hopeful that you weren't loaded up with Scimitars so we could fight you mano-a-mano. Your gang had three, we had our usual one and your comp was tighter and laden with far more SP (we're newbie scrubs as always). We knew of a -7- gang around where we were and our comms started lamenting that you'd probably be blobbed out again by the combined forces of Sev3rance Sound. Truly, I felt bad since I knew it would happen eventually and unlike most entities in the game, we almost kind of like you guys. Then I saw it.

You guys killed FuriousPig on the 4B gate.

Man, you can't come rollin' up to Providence, kill FuriousPig (Or as he's better known, the only legitimately nice person in Providence) and not get blobbed out to kingdom come. That just isn't happening. Sympathy to your eventual plight turned to righteous justice talk and things! We tried baiting you guys by watching you move across 9UY to H6, even had one of our Drakes pretend to screw up and get stuck on the gate so you'd jump in and aggress. Only two of you jumped in and aggressed, which let us down. We warped back, figuring the rest of your gang would jump in and start slaughtering us. Tried going all Grima Wormtongue on you in H6 local to get you to jump in, but you saw through that shit like Gandalf. Our bait failed hard and our lies did not sway you, the shame of it all.

Once you moved back to 4B gate in 9UY, we followed trying to bait you guys back to the H6 gate. When you jumped out, we knew the -7- gang was only a jump'ish behind us. As proper meatshield terrible pets, we decided to follow you into 4B and try to have our interceptor catch a scimitar to force an engagement knowing that we'd lose a chunk of our gang in order to slow you for the eventual -7- blobbage. We figured you only weren't engaging due to the fact that you somehow got smart to the second gang in the area. Instead, you guys held on the 9FOB gate, chewed our inferior gang up like we knew would happen, right before the SHINING HORSES OF BLOBBING arrived in the form of -7- to bail our newbie arses out yet again.

And normally, I'd feel somewhat bad about all that, but you guys killed FuriousPig so you had it coming.

Xiang Jiao
August 12 2012, 07:54:59 AM
Never change, Providence - oh, how I miss thee.

Willaev
August 12 2012, 09:08:35 AM
SHINING HORSES OF BLOBBING

I'm going to make sure that title is added to all of our pilots now. It's too epic not to.

StevieTopSiders
August 15 2012, 04:49:58 AM
Yeah...

Think I'm gonna turn off the 401K Free Kill fountain.

Tyrus Tenebros
August 15 2012, 07:34:02 AM
Yeah...

TBH you should have stayed and engaged the original gang instead of rolling over to die

Also ftr I primaried you only because you were the closest and most in range target.

Content-wise, our fleet was far more successful rolling the -a- draekfleet that came through... losing a scorp/eris for numerous kills (and scorp was one of those random "decloaked first lol-nope" kills)

http://kb.cva-eve.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=242295

Stevie welping his muninns (finally! goddamn muninns) was moar better for K:D.

XavierVE
August 15 2012, 07:50:13 AM
Yeah...

I felt slightly bad about it, if it helps anything. Slightly.

FWIW, that was three independently FC'd gangs converging at once on you, not some great master plan to roll you guys. Yeah, that's probably not worth much, come to think of it.

Willaev
August 15 2012, 08:21:55 AM
Yeah...

I felt slightly bad about it, if it helps anything. Slightly.

FWIW, that was three independently FC'd gangs converging at once on you, not some great master plan to roll you guys. Yeah, that's probably not worth much, come to think of it.

But it's still the truth. And who knew the truth could be so hilarious in its aftermath. I personally was shocked to see such numbers at that time of night.

Willaev
August 18 2012, 10:22:04 AM
Ever since -A- lost their supers they've been sending what we in Provi like to call 'Morale gangs' into Providence looking for gudfites, every night about 30-40 man gangs. First night was a mixed Deimos/Oracle/SFI armor gang that got sandwiched in SV5 between a South-Provi Armor Oracle gang that had been roaming Catch and a North-Provi Shield Cane/Tackle gang that was down south looking for fights. The Provi Oracle gang engaged SoCo on the WD-VTV gate and called in the NP Shield gang that was waiting in F9E. It was a nice little slugfest that ended with heavier losses on the SoCo side and Provi holding the field.
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14349781
http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=11466

Thursday night another SoCo gang roamed all the way to North Provi with a 40-man Drake/Cane gang with 7 Scimi. North-Provi began forming a similar Drake/Cane gang and picked up 5 Scimi along the way as they followed the SoCo gang moving south again. As the SoCo gang headed back into Catch in SV5 a Volition Cult gang of 20ish Thrashers/Griffins had been coming back from a roam and ran headlong into them, buying time for the North-Provi gang (by this time 30ish in size) and a South-Provi recon gang (of about 12) to catch up and enter the fray. A handful of thrashers were lost, but a handful of SoCo BCs plus Recon/Dictor died also as the rest of SoCo disappeared into Catch. A fair exchange.
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14355518 << Note no losses from Provi side posted to EveKill yet, but at least 1 Cane, 1 Ishkur, and maybe 4-5 Thrashers lost.

Tonight SoCo brought in a Muninn gang with Scimi support up into KBP7-G. North-Provi formed a Drake gang, as we scrubs are wont to do, and were set to meet them as they began heading back south into XHQ. A SOUND gang of 13ish Shield Canes/Brutixes were waiting in 4B hoping to enter the fray once we engaged SoCo, but as it happened SoCo didn't turn to engage as us they saw us pouring into XHQ, they continued into YWSO. We expected them to be pulling distance off the XHQ gate and waiting for us to enter and pondered a JB run around to the backside into 9FOB to avoid that trap. As we were pondering SoCo jumped into 4B where SOUND was and began faceraping them. SOUND held as long as they could while our Drake gang jumped into YWSO and burned to 4B. By the time we jumped in the SOUND gang was down to 2-3 ships still on field.

SOCO bounced to a safe near 9UY gate after losing a Muninn and Rapier, and we moved to 9UY gate to prevent an escape. SoCo bounced off a moon to land 100 off 9UY gate to snipe, and our gang bounced to another moon and back to the gate at 100 landing 25km from their Scimi and Recons. They burned hard and some warped off as both gangs popped off eachother's tackle frigs, finally SoCo bounced again but not before losing a Scimi. Another 10minutes of safe and moon-bouncing followed before SoCo jumped into 9FOB and burned off gate. We lost a Harbinger to a Leeroy in 9FOB before heading in to YWSO, first to take the other way into 9FOB but then a report of a lone Abaddon in XHQ caught our attention.

We popped the Abaddon and began making way back into 4B to clear loot and await Stage 2 of the fight with SoCo as they poured in, but they then headed back into Catch via 9UY, ostensibly to linkup with reinforcements in the form of a 15man gang of Battleships with Falcons/Curses that was spotted travelling past TRPFU towards 9UY. As noone else was answering our call for reinforcements, we headed back to KBP to call it a day.
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14368822 << No losses from SOUND posted, but yeah. They lost 5 BCs and 3 tackle frigs.

Good fights, SoCo, good fights. Keep them coming. o7

Xiang Jiao
August 18 2012, 10:26:11 PM
gudfites

30-40 man gangs

What in the hell happened to my Eve?

Varcaus
August 18 2012, 10:29:30 PM
gudfites

30-40 man gangs

What in the hell happened to my Eve?

I hear evenly sized gangs are fun to fight also :proviblob:

Xiang Jiao
August 18 2012, 10:42:45 PM
The times are a changing, I suppose. I recall roaming around Provi a year ago in a 20 pilot gang (our max gang size without counting alts) and we would have a little trouble finding engagements. We had a few epic brawls with CVA and -A-. Most of the time we could only manage to have 6-8 in a gang at one time. No wonder we got our asses kicked a lot. Still, Provi was a lot better place to roam than Querious, Delve, Drone Lands, or Geminate at the time. I don't know why the FCs never wanted to go to Curse or Syndicate. I think they didn't want to knowingly lead us into slaughter if they could help it. Provi roams, best roams.

bbq ftw
September 1 2012, 02:41:01 AM
My first BR (at least intended for external viewing), hope its written decently enough.

This is the story of a Scimitar, destined for great things.

The ship would not be disgraced with unsightly large shield RRs and shield extenders. Indeed, this one was born for battle -- tackling rapiers (http://teamliquid.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14488326), and crushing (http://teamliquid.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14485036) retributions with its fearsome flights of drones. Unfortunately, it fell victim to boredom, and more specifically, several ill-advised attempts to bump provi-police ships off the station in KBP. Tragically, as a firetail had dual webs and a hurricane managed to get on top of him, he was quickly neuted out, at which point the noble ship was chainsawed by various short-ranged munitions.

Related kills (includes some quality Oracle + tackle merlin action from earlier): http://teamliquid.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14484538

Needless to say, the residents did not quite understand the glory of the fit, and began rudely slandering the late ship and its heartbroken pilot in local. To allow these heathens to insult the legacy of the 2nd 'Sigitar' (as it was nicknamed -- the 1st had an unpleasant encounter with an fed navy web rapier) was deemed an unpardonable sin. The call was made to move and anchor SBUs in G-5EN2. Within a few minutes, it was under assault by a number of bombers, soon to be joined by a battlecruiser squad.

While forming up to defend the structure, a scout reported several RnK/Pure Madness in battleships (including a good amount of fleet typhoons) moving through system. After some speculation over what poor fellow would get his day ruined, we return to our preparations. Turns out that these chivalrous gentlemen were coincidentally on their way to pipe-bomb the CVA response fleet, killing a fair bit of Nagas and stealth bombers: http://rooksandkings.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=38383

Understandably, the provi-police seemed unwilling to bring more battlecruisers to the SBU bashing op. The report of 15-ish bombers attacking the SBU piqued our interest for a moment, but the sight of a hostile stiletto on grid was enough to cause them to all cloak up again, so we decided to go on a rather uneventful roam, hoping that a fightable fleet would form in the meantime. The victims of our decision include the most unlucky badger mk II pilot in the world: http://teamliquid.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14487622

The gang also dishonourably blob a pair of Taloses on the way from R3- to G-5.

Upon return to G-5 was local at 110 (friendly fleet was 3x Oracle, 3x Harbinger, 1x Drake, Taranis, Stiletto), and some very active SBU bashing with ~80-90 subcaps, mostly drakes with ~5 logi. Some prolonged skirmishing nets us some assorted frigate kills and blackbird headshots.

A few minutes later, a hostile stiletto arrives on grid and, whether through an ill-advised warpin or simple bad luck, he manages to stumble across a flock of cloaked SBs. Initial firepower is focused on the stiletto, but the quietly expanding cloud of confused bombers is soon noticed --

Light em’ up!

14 stealth bombers, and 2 interceptors evaporate in the blink of an eye, or at least as fast as the oracles guns can cycle:

http://i.imgur.com/wNOSC.png

The fleet is joined by a Drake and Oracle, and the next skirmish with Provi-police commences. We drop 4 BCs and a scimitar in exchange for our taranis, who reships to a stiletto. We then run into a Pure Madness gang, who, unlike us, have opted for exclusively tier 3 BCs. Despite one of our Oracles melting to the extreme dps of their gang, the battle goes our way:
http://pure-madness.eu/0os827nq/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14646

The final confrontation is at hand, with local dropping to 75 (friendly fleet maxes at 15). At this point the legacy of the Sigitar has been deemed sufficiently honoured and so we decide to scoop the SBUs. During the first deanchoring, a hound decloaks to shoot our hauler, and is instantly executed. In the meantime, the fleet adds a Drake, and 'Grand Gaymarshal' Chessur arrives in a Caracal Navy Issue to oversee the battle. The hostiles have taken up position on the Assah gate in G5.

Friendly: 4x Oracle, 3x Drake, CNI, 2x Stiletto, Rifter, Merlin + full skirmish / harmonizer
Hostile (approximated from fraps): 27~ BCs (still mostly drake, assorted canes/tier 3s), 4x basi/scimi, Vulture, 10~ tackle/dictors/bombers

We warp to range on the gate and immediately kill a naga and a dram. The rest of the incoming tackle meets a similar fate. We have to play cautiously here -- a review of the fraps shows that the massed drake fire is enough to drop our drakes from 100-->0% shield within a matter of ~10 seconds -- luckily, this primaried drake was able to warp when entering armor. Nevertheless, our firepower is enough to break the logi reps on the battlecruisers, and 3 die before the hostiles disengage, clearing the gate for our reinforcements to enter. The 2nd SBU deanchors, and while some warp-in shenanigans occur, the only action is a drake we manage to catch warping to a gate at range. The hostiles once again return to the Assah gate, with Michael Harari in a stiletto observing them. He manages to snag a point on an out-of-position Typhoon with the main fleet positioned nearby. One of our pilots screenshotted Michael's Stiletto dodging a flurry of Drake missiles.

http://i.imgur.com/m8Aw9.jpg

We warp to range on the gate after finishing the phoon, and do a decent job of clearing the fast tackle. Again, we’re able to drop their battlecruisers despite logi reps. Sensing that the battle is clearly going in our favor, the drakes + lone CNI close in for points. One of our drakes points their vulture, igniting some arguments on comms about whether to finish off the drake or immediately primary the more expensive CS. At the end, it doesn’t really matter, as the remainder of the hostile fleet warps to an ongrid tactical, and then decides to warp off, leaving us to finish off their siege commander.

Kills for the final set of engagements: 10~ fast tackle/bombers, 8 BC/BS, vulture
Losses: none

Summary of the G-5 action:
http://teamliquid.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14488037

gf gentlemen.

Suleiman Shouaa
September 1 2012, 01:05:13 PM
So this is why you asked for my help...

Nice BR BBQ btw. Karah frapsed it?

Daniel L'Siata
September 1 2012, 01:36:15 PM
Was watching that fight from an alt. Excellent BR.

My god was it hilarious.

Garreck
September 7 2012, 05:28:22 AM
Some fun Provi-drama copy-pasta from Kugutsumen for Failheap consideration and entertainment:

Even with Rooks and Kings at the Gates, Providence seems incapable of not creating its own internal drama over the simplest of things.

Recently a thread was started on theCitadel forums asking (for a corpmate) why ratting in carriers was banned. After the initial troll by our resident troll #1, Sollana (which created a bucket load of tears) we explained our reasons behind the rule (draws unwanted attention/campers, is less efficient than properly used Battleships, moves slow etc.) Out of this we were accused of attempting to oppress our residents by preventing them from making isk (not joking actually happened in CVA-Diplo). After 7 pages of 'debate' most CVA people were at the breaking point of trying to be polite as people were simply being dumb when complaining about the rule. So Equinox makes a final ruling (reminder).

The rule is that there is no ratting capitals allowed.
If you do not like this rule there is thousands of systems in eve that do not have this rule, so you are free to go there, and rat in carrier to your hearts delight.
No one has given a single reason WHY carrier ratting is better which is what the title of this thread seems to be about, it is only a place where people complain because they are "not" allowed to do something.
Faction/Pimp fittings are allowed (although quite useless most of the time)....i'd perfer people use common sense but well, when we have 7 pages of thread about ratting carriers i guess that is in short supply.
If you do not like this policy you have 3 options, convinve me personally why they are better, and thus should be allowed, kick cva out of providence and establish your own policies, or find a place to go rat in carrier unmolested.

As a follow up and a more public announcement I wrote a short piece on Providence News (http://providenceregion.blogspot.com/2012/09/ratting-carriers-and-why-they-are_5.html)outlining the rule and our reasoning behind it. Within hours we have a diplomatic incident with a Yulai Federation chimera pilot who was asked politely several times to stop ratting in his chimera and dock. After giving a rather blantent 'fuck you' response he was threatened. In perhaps a poor move, his status was also placed in our intel-channel (theCitadel) which is well known for being compromised. This of course creates a massive diplomatic headache as people bitch, moan, and whine about blue intel and draconian actions, etc. Tensions and accusations are flying all over the place at the moment and evidently being told your doing something stupid and having it explained to people doesn't seem to work.

Some fun comments on the blog too. Evidently the banning of ratting carriers = NBSI. Which is wrong as the people who would be threated are blues so . . .

Some fun facts In less than one day the article on Providence News has had more hits than every other article released on the blog.

Xiang Jiao
September 7 2012, 05:39:18 AM
CVA doesn't allow POSed up carriers to assign fighters? That's how it's normally done as far as I can recall. Yulai Fed certainly does love their ratting carriers, though. There was one I really wanted to gank that blatantly floated inside anomalies back when I played but none of my corp ever wanted to help me with him. They were content camping the D6 gate in Y-MP. It was also a system that you couldn't Black Ops hotdrop from outside Providence except from a few systems in Catch.

Garreck
September 7 2012, 07:33:05 AM
Whatever the proper technique is, Provi carebears can't seem to get it right and Equi set a policy as a result. I don't see what's wrong with letting idiots be killed, but the policy exists and there it is. I figure if any Provi residents want to question CVA's legitimacy to set such policies, then let's settle it the old fashioned way...a Provi civil war could make for some terrific dynamic player content. I think, though, Equi would blame me if it ever happens since I've now voiced the opinion :mrgreen:

Really, though, I think folks are making drama just for the fun of it; the reality of a shooting war between the current Providence residents is pretty much a nightmare scenario for anyone in the region, CVA included.

Xiang Jiao
September 7 2012, 07:56:41 AM
I don't see a problem with ratting carriers getting ganked either, but if you want to do it a smarter way, I've seen fighters assigned to Machariels in anoms. That was Sever3nce-style carrier ratting IIRC. CVA has always been dicks in their own NRDS sandbox, which is their right, I suppose. I remember my first days in 0.0 Provi getting yelled at in local for not chaining rat spawns in belts properly. I even ending up having to explain myself in a diplomatic channel, too, or face punishment like a fine. OH NOES, I didn't leave the frigates! Providence is crumbling!

Garreck
September 7 2012, 09:29:36 AM
Yeah we've never really been uniform in our approach to diplomacy as an alliance. Some pretty chill folks and it shows in their interaction with outsiders...and some pretty uptight folks and it also shows. Very often an outsider's impression of CVA will be dictated by the CVA corp they run into first.

root
September 7 2012, 10:29:08 AM
So this is why you asked for my help...

Nice BR BBQ btw. Karah frapsed it?

Yes he did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnbK20kIH5k

Tyrus Tenebros
September 7 2012, 03:47:58 PM
CVA doesn't allow POSed up carriers to assign fighters? That's how it's normally done as far as I can recall. Yulai Fed certainly does love their ratting carriers, though. There was one I really wanted to gank that blatantly floated inside anomalies back when I played but none of my corp ever wanted to help me with him. They were content camping the D6 gate in Y-MP. It was also a system that you couldn't Black Ops hotdrop from outside Providence except from a few systems in Catch.

No the providence people are literally in anomalies ratting in carriers.

I also kicked somebody from the formup channel recently becayse he refused to download the right voice comms program. That was fun.

Edit: as far as us being dicks, that's a bit silly. While people may get their panties in a bunch over nitpicky stuff, we've still got the most open region in 0.0 in eve, and by god do people abuse it. You have to understand that we have no restrictions regarding PvP requirements, skill training, and "fleet doctrine" amounts to a suggestion not a rule. As a result there's a good number if dedicated and skilled defenders, and an immense number of riders who make lolUS politics threads look genius in comparison. It's a daily struggle to convince people diplomatically to not take things for granted. An excellent...and sometimes depressing... look at how people feel entitled when given something for free.

Varcaus
September 7 2012, 04:04:41 PM
Civil war! Civil war! Civil war! Civil war! Civil war!

Xiang Jiao
September 8 2012, 12:55:56 AM

I also kicked somebody from the formup channel recently becayse he refused to download the right voice comms program. That was fun.

Edit: as far as us being dicks, that's a bit silly. While people may get their panties in a bunch over nitpicky stuff, we've still got the most open region in 0.0 in eve, and by god do people abuse it. You have to understand that we have no restrictions regarding PvP requirements, skill training, and "fleet doctrine" amounts to a suggestion not a rule. As a result there's a good number if dedicated and skilled defenders, and an immense number of riders who make lolUS politics threads look genius in comparison. It's a daily struggle to convince people diplomatically to not take things for granted. An excellent...and sometimes depressing... look at how people feel entitled when given something for free.

I know you guys have a diverse culture there, there's no mistaking it. My last experience allied with CVA ended in that clusterfuck rout in D-G about a month after the Dominion patch. I spent almost a year selling all my PvP shit in 9UY station, then it became a freeport under Chribba. D'oh!

Tyrus Tenebros
September 9 2012, 07:50:10 PM

I know you guys have a diverse culture there, there's no mistaking it. My last experience allied with CVA ended in that clusterfuck rout in D-G about a month after the Dominion patch. I spent almost a year selling all my PvP shit in 9UY station, then it became a freeport under Chribba. D'oh!

To be fair the actual clusterfuck rout part was not our fault, it was the server's fault.

The situation as a whole, of course, ran a lot deeper than the single fight.

Altaen
September 11 2012, 09:24:27 PM
Does Team Liquid have any sov in Provi yet? I'm looking forward to moving in...

Tyrus Tenebros
September 11 2012, 09:54:14 PM
No they're not even close. We Welp fleets to RnK a lot though

root
September 11 2012, 11:05:53 PM
I don't think they want sov ;-)
Dropping a SBU just makes the provis form a fleet faster.

Altaen
September 12 2012, 12:44:50 AM

:) I know.
But who knows, maybe they'll accidentally a whole system one day.

root
September 13 2012, 10:30:23 PM
Year, so my lowsec Corp and I where sitting in the station in Molden Heath. All kind of strange traffic comming though, a über plattet Abbadon with only 4 Guns (totally not a bait :psyduck: ) and some guys from "Wormhole Holders" with a dominix, tengu, facon and more scanning around.
So after we made it clear to the Abbadon that we don't want to fight his cyno ship we found the "Wormhole Holders" 2 jumps out sitting at a WH. We formed a fleet with 5x drakes, 2x canes and a Arazu. We jump the 2 canes in the system and warped to then, only to see them vanish on d-scan, they warped off.
But the WH was still there, we took at closer look and it took our scout directly to 7YWV-S, Providence. 30 pilots in local, 3 ships on grid.
Some minutes later we jumped our T3 booster in and saw a larger fleet on grid (~9 Pilots.) We did not know what to expect, normaly we keep to lowsec, and jumping in 0.0 with pirate set clones could lead to a expensive night.

Anyhow, we jumped in and took the Naga as primary, which was down (http://spam.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14612333) fast. Our Arazu needed to jump back to lowsec through the WH because he landed right next to the enemy vagabound.
Overview right after we jumped:

http://www.linuxlounge.net/~carl/eve/provi/provi01.PNG

We took them down one by one. Some more ships warped in, among others a nice faction fittet loki (http://spam.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14612332), one of the few ships with point.
http://www.linuxlounge.net/~carl/eve/provi/provi02.PNG
While the fight was still going, more enemy ships warped in. 1x RR Dominix Navy Issue :facepalm:, some canes and drakes, 1x sniper oracle.

http://www.linuxlounge.net/~carl/eve/provi/provi03.PNG
http://www.linuxlounge.net/~carl/eve/provi/provi04.PNG

At this point i needed to warp out, but thanks to our arazu who was back we could take down those Oracles.
While we where shooting the last drake, 3 more jumped in from the WH who escaped minutes before. Because of how the WH mechanic work they could not jump back again to lowsec.

After we lootet the wrecks and took a look at the killmails we saw that some of them where PvE fits, that could explain why we had zero casualties and took out 17 provi dudes.
We had a fun time and i hope Elemental Tide did too.

~Related Kills~ (http://spam.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14612341)

fly ~fabulous~

Dogbeast
September 14 2012, 10:16:04 AM

To be fair the actual clusterfuck rout part was not our fault, it was the server's fault.

The situation as a whole, of course, ran a lot deeper than the single fight.

Ah I remember that fight.

Unlike you Xiang, that wasn't my last contact with CVA. Mine was shortly after a particular incident in which a friend on FHC "accidentally" dropped sov in a particular constellation, thus causing mass hysteria and chaos in then Aegis Militia.

tbh, if I was still playing EVE, I'd apply to CJEVE right off the bat. Although the NRDS is a pain to work with, it does make the region more lively and dynamic than most other areas I can think of without resorting to CTAs and sov wars.

Tyrus Tenebros
September 14 2012, 03:10:01 PM
Year, so my lowsec Corp and I where sitting in the station in Molden Heath. All kind of strange traffic comming though, a über plattet Abbadon with only 4 Guns (totally not a bait :psyduck: ) and some guys from "Wormhole Holders" with a dominix, tengu, facon and more scanning around.
So after we made it clear to the Abbadon that we don't want to fight his cyno ship we found the "Wormhole Holders" 2 jumps out sitting at a WH. We formed a fleet with 5x drakes, 2x canes and a Arazu. We jump the 2 canes in the system and warped to then, only to see them vanish on d-scan, they warped off.
But the WH was still there, we took at closer look and it took our scout directly to 7YWV-S, Providence. 30 pilots in local, 3 ships on grid.
Some minutes later we jumped our T3 booster in and saw a larger fleet on grid (~9 Pilots.) We did not know what to expect, normaly we keep to lowsec, and jumping in 0.0 with pirate set clones could lead to a expensive night.

Anyhow, we jumped in and took the Naga as primary, which was down (http://spam.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14612333) fast. Our Arazu needed to jump back to lowsec through the WH because he landed right next to the enemy vagabound.
Overview right after we jumped:

http://www.linuxlounge.net/~carl/eve/provi/provi01.PNG

We took them down one by one. Some more ships warped in, among others a nice faction fittet loki (http://spam.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14612332), one of the few ships with point.
http://www.linuxlounge.net/~carl/eve/provi/provi02.PNG
While the fight was still going, more enemy ships warped in. 1x RR Dominix Navy Issue :facepalm:, some canes and drakes, 1x sniper oracle.

http://www.linuxlounge.net/~carl/eve/provi/provi03.PNG
http://www.linuxlounge.net/~carl/eve/provi/provi04.PNG

At this point i needed to warp out, but thanks to our arazu who was back we could take down those Oracles.
While we where shooting the last drake, 3 more jumped in from the WH who escaped minutes before. Because of how the WH mechanic work they could not jump back again to lowsec.

After we lootet the wrecks and took a look at the killmails we saw that some of them where PvE fits, that could explain why we had zero casualties and took out 17 provi dudes.
We had a fun time and i hope Elemental Tide did too.

~Related Kills~ (http://spam.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14612341)

fly ~fabulous~

Yeah the 2v pocket has some really dedicated carebears in it.

This is why you shouldn't confuse CVA/Providence PvPers with "People who lemming in to hostiles in scrub fits".... I don't think I've ever seen most of those guys (except for the Loki, who actually had a halfway decent fit) in a roaming fleet.... dem fits....

tbh, if I was still playing EVE, I'd apply to CJEVE right off the bat. Although the NRDS is a pain to work with, it does make the region more lively and dynamic than most other areas I can think of without resorting to CTAs and sov wars.:companioncube:

Garreck
September 14 2012, 11:32:57 PM
This is why you shouldn't confuse CVA/Providence PvPers with "People who lemming in to hostiles in scrub fits
Damn straight. CVA/Providence PvPers lemming into hostiles in pro fits :mrgreen:

Xiang Jiao
September 15 2012, 06:53:09 AM
Unlike you Xiang, that wasn't my last contact with CVA. Mine was shortly after a particular incident in which a friend on FHC "accidentally" dropped sov in a particular constellation, thus causing mass hysteria and chaos in then Aegis Militia.

I do recall that mess, but I was on the outside looking in for the most part. I was on vacation at Mt. Hood when I talked to an Eve-O buddy on my cell. He was looking at the Dotlan sov map for me, and he says "AM lost their space." At that point, I was already thinking how silly Providence was (the inhabitants). I've had a lot of fun there, no doubt.

Leviathan
September 23 2012, 04:15:49 PM

:) I know.
But who knows, maybe they'll accidentally a whole system one day.

If you do and need help to defend it SOS here :)

Aliventi
September 30 2012, 07:57:15 PM
So FIGL formed up Kiting drakes, scimis, and some light tackle to go down in to Provi to say hello to CVA and friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kdF71KjEU

All in all, I wish CVA would have just fought us. Of course more of them would have died. But good times. Definitely will be back.

Daneel Trevize
October 7 2012, 03:08:51 AM
Does Catch stuff go in here? Because atchoo-kablooie (http://rooksandkings.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=38969)

Varcaus
October 7 2012, 03:12:32 AM
Does Catch stuff go in here? Because atchoo-kablooie (http://rooksandkings.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=38969)

Do rnk pipe bombs even need posts? loldropped onto something that has no chance of fighting back and well that's it.

Daneel Trevize
October 7 2012, 03:17:02 AM
It's a pretty fucking good trap though. IDK how often they're that successful with it. Also w-space peoples frig roam in the area. Maybe I'm only bothered for that one because usually it's Ganked night that gets it and this time I got to watch them set up and bridge off and not on us \o/

root
October 7 2012, 03:24:18 AM
The first time i have head about the RnK pipe bomb i thought it was awesome .. but now i see it again and again.
It's probably fun to do it, but is it interesting to read about it?

StevieTopSiders
October 7 2012, 04:17:30 AM
Rooks and Kings kills stuff~~

Like the time they invented the term "DPS race" to justify dropping like 14 tracking dreads on a CVA battleships fleet. lmao

Lord Maldoror
October 7 2012, 04:50:06 AM
It's a pretty fucking good trap though. IDK how often they're that successful with it. Also w-space peoples frig roam in the area. Maybe I'm only bothered for that one because usually it's Ganked night that gets it and this time I got to watch them set up and bridge off and not on us \o/

Ganked asked nicely in local not to be a target and so wasn't one. The third chapter of the Ancient Principles of Pipebombing, by Sir Rhamseh Pootle, states that a Pipebomber must also be a Gentleman. And, in fact, we've often let Ganked roams go through since it's a sort of public event and it's been done. RvB are awesome. Maybe in the future the uncouth urge will rise again :)

As for this incident, we've pipebombed much higher EHP targets (Whelpfleets, Drakes, T3s, even plated BS on one occasion) so in that sense it's nothing out of the ordinary - but still a big, fiery bang and a quick 170-ish killmails in 5 seconds. Takes a lot of scouting and dictor work, though.

Skuggan uploaded a little fraps here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCe4bvq84a8

And a screenie here: http://files.rooksandkings.com/index.php/image/direct/zeUImqApTQ/bombombom.png
and here: http://files.rooksandkings.com/index.php/image/direct/UPK7y1KBDg/bombom.png

http://files.rooksandkings.com/index.php/image/direct/FxuumQNxI_/bombombsmall.jpg

P.S. I believe it was 8 dreads in that fight Stevie, which when fighting 55 against 220, and them in heavy stuff, is par for the course as a force multiplier - and a dps race indeed :) Sir Rhamseh approves.

n0th
October 7 2012, 10:33:39 AM
It's a pretty fucking good trap though.
No, its just annoying because now during RnK prime everyone roaming Provi has to warp to pingspots in every system or needs a scout watching outgate at all times.
The whole neutral dictor -> cyno up deal is not exactly new too.
Shows to me that the line R&K grunt is more bored with eve than ever before, because the only thing they bother to login for is AFK on titan -> take bridge -> F1 -> killmails
And then there are maybe 3 or 4 people (LM obv. being one of them) who do the actual work setting up the trap/spying etc. Which i guess is kinda interesting if you're into that sort of gameplay.

Daneel Trevize
October 7 2012, 11:10:34 AM
I was quite convinced they had a better target & activity that they were really angling for, as 2 bhaalgorns and 3 triage carriers were seen in the lowsec that 20 of them were docked in, before the fleet phoons made an appearance, and we feared the Agony roam was getting it before we'd have a chance to fight them.

And I don't do null much, nor did our experienced (old, drunk) FCs seem particularly aware how effective such a slightly-off-gate bubble trap would be the several times they've blundered into it, so forgive me if it's a classic for all you srs bsns 0.0ers.

I'm sure almost everyone would like to see such disciplined & potent pilots bringing yet more things to the game, but no dynasty lasts forever. And maybe we're awaiting more key mechanics changes before anything invigorating shows up.
Plus I'm pretty sure you'd burn any corp out if you use such an unstoppable tactics on any & every fleet, so you're also protected by its very tedious nature.

Lord Maldoror
October 7 2012, 05:11:24 PM
It's a pretty fucking good trap though.
No, its just annoying because now during RnK prime everyone roaming Provi has to warp to pingspots in every system or needs a scout watching outgate at all times.
The whole neutral dictor -> cyno up deal is not exactly new too.
Shows to me that the line R&K grunt is more bored with eve than ever before, because the only thing they bother to login for is AFK on titan -> take bridge -> F1 -> killmails
And then there are maybe 3 or 4 people (LM obv. being one of them) who do the actual work setting up the trap/spying etc. Which i guess is kinda interesting if you're into that sort of gameplay.

To weigh on the mind of Darkside. like that, is a compliment in itself.

I do think, though, pipebombing is deployed a lot less than other doctrines and we wouldn't normally hit the same group twice in a sensible period of time. I don't recall having ever written a proper battle report about a pipebombing, either. Granted, I vaguely recall us pipebombing FA several times in several days but everyone's guilty of something and they were very good natured about it. In fact people (at least the ones with good PCs, who can load the fireball before the station) seem to rather enjoy getting pipebombed, if it isn't happening constantly. But it can be ruthless and deadly, no doubt.

As for F1 -> killmails, you could say the same about any number of blobs, supercap ganks, structure grinds and who knows what (and indeed the second part of the equation may not arrive). But actually there can be a lot of micromanagement in pipebombing, if for example (as has happened) people need to refit for guns on a carrier and continue into a conventional battle. I'd prefer to do that in my Navpoc than roam in a Naga - but if you enjoy the Naga, good for you. Logistic-heavy fights are our bread and butter but Eve rewards having many doctrines.

Finally, you'd be surprised how many people in a fleet are involved in making a trap. Best things in life are done in company; crafting someone's doom among them.

glepp
October 7 2012, 05:35:13 PM
As a victim of an RnK pipebombing, i can attest that it was, in fact, very amusing. We all laughed our socks off, and then tried to explain to our students what had just happened.

It went something like this:
"Recon, i have a Sabre tackled off the X-B gate in Poitot, looks like he's camping a bubble"
"Ok, what's he doing?"
"Powering away from gate and bubble, seems like. Got point."
"kk, warping fleet to X-B"
"Hey, cyno just went up on the X-B gate"
"yeah, it's a covops, right on the catchpoint of the bubble"
"Uh-oh... Uhm, guys, as soon as you land, warp back to F67. If you're still alive that is"

Having executed it myself a couple of times, i can also attest that the timing is indeed very very tricky to pull off. It really has to be spot on, or you won't catch anything.

Cydo
October 7 2012, 07:20:27 PM
For the uninitiated among us, what is pipebombing in this context ?

glepp
October 7 2012, 07:35:47 PM

Smartbombs, lots of them :)

Mangala Solaris
October 7 2012, 07:37:26 PM

Scout tackles something - usually a bubbler, fleet warps to scout, right as they warp cloaky uncloaks, drops cyno and then fuck ton of Smartie BS get bridged in and wipe out in seconds everything landing right on them from the victims fleet. Works very well against small ship fleets / general mess of random things.

I have had it happen twice to my Ganked roams, both times Ive spent hours laughing about it - usually as half the fleet logs due to butthurt even when as FC I find it funny!

Cue1*
October 9 2012, 07:17:34 AM
Got a WH close to Providence today, figured I'd poke my head around. Fleet formed with a Scimi, two Tengus, a Loki, a pair of Cynas and a Curse. Just one system from the WH I spot a gang of about 12 camping a gate looks like they want a fight. We race down our pipe and get into system, just in time to see them POS up. I figure we'll hang out on the gate, maybe they're looking for someone in logi. I have no complaints, we're already engaging outnumbered, but hey, if they want a scimi, they can have one. Instead, 3 undock, along with as many Falcons as we have ships. They then finally go out looking for a fight. Obviously, I want none of this, so we warp the gang around and try to get out. Bad intel and me being slow makes us lose a Scimi, a Cyna and a Curse. Everyone else gets out, and we go back home. Risk adverse faggots.

XavierVE
October 9 2012, 10:04:20 AM
Got a WH close to Providence today, figured I'd poke my head around. Fleet formed with a Scimi, two Tengus, a Loki, a pair of Cynas and a Curse. Just one system from the WH I spot a gang of about 12 camping a gate looks like they want a fight. We race down our pipe and get into system, just in time to see them POS up. I figure we'll hang out on the gate, maybe they're looking for someone in logi. I have no complaints, we're already engaging outnumbered, but hey, if they want a scimi, they can have one. Instead, 3 undock, along with as many Falcons as we have ships. They then finally go out looking for a fight. Obviously, I want none of this, so we warp the gang around and try to get out. Bad intel and me being slow makes us lose a Scimi, a Cyna and a Curse. Everyone else gets out, and we go back home. Risk adverse faggots.

And the above from the opposite perspective, since I was FC'ing the other fleet:

We were shooting stealth bombers coming in from G-5 with our six ships (Link: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14830376 ) when some guys in expensive ships show up that we've never seen before. Being that we're derp-style NRDS Providence, we can't shoot them unless they aggress something as these wormhole dudes are listed NOT KOS on the all-knowing, all-powerful KOS checker. We POS up while I blather on comms about how I know these guys will aggress something and why hasn't someone sent over a neutral scout in a n00bship already rawr rawr rawr fucking KOS checker rawr... while one of our guys sends a random character in a n00bship over. We finally get the wormhole gang to blow it up, giving us anti-EQ-yelling-at-us protection. Then they warp off to YWSO and leave before we can warp over to G-5 gate.

We reform in 9FOB, picking up three pilots as the Loki comes back to get eyes on us. His Loki sees our not-terribly-impressive gang of Myrmidon, Stabber Fleet Issue, Tornado, Onyx, two Hurricanes, Ares, two Scimitars and Rupture. Oh yeah, and zero falcons. Booster follows us to G-5 to watch us. Then his gang hits the brakes, turns around and starts coming back towards 9FOB. We jump into 9FOB as one of their Tengus hits system. With eyes on us, they try getting into 9FOB via 4B. We warp over there. They warp to YWSO instead, not wanting to engage us in 9FOB on 4B gate. We warp back to YWSO gate in 9FOB. We then jump in our SFI and Ares who promptly tackle the Scimitar who has landed ahead of his gang at zero on 9FOB gate, making sure they stop bouncing back and forth.

The hostile Curse lands to neut out our tackle while sitting on 9FOB gate at zero, so we jump the rest of our gang in and dispatch him: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14830571

Rest of their gang scatters a bit seeing the Curse melt, but somehow a Cynabal either doesn't align or thinks he can't be tackled and dies: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14830579

Their gang, undisciplined and surprised by extremely mild competence in Providence, starts running for the exits. The Tengus go hide cloaked in YWSO and 9FOB, the Loki booster never moves from G-5 in all of this time for whatever reason. Their remaining Cynabal and Scimitar make a break for it. We move to cut them off via a JB. Their remaining Cynabal clears out two jumps ahead of their Scimitar to high sec as fast as he can, leaving his poor Logi friend behind without eyes in KBP. The Tengus and Loki end up freezing, refusing to scout their scimitar out. End result? Scimitar dies in a fire: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14830585 - Seriously, treat your logi better. They're good people and they need love.

So instead of fighting us using their superior range, boosts and ships, they derp their ships into us, scatter to the winds and die pointlessly. Probably would have gotten a couple kills on us had they engaged us in YWSO when we jumped into them but I guess it's better to tell your pilots that there's a whole field of falcons about along with a giant bazillion man gang.

Though to be fair, if I had the luxury of my own private Falcon army as he described, I'd ask them to jam the ever-lovin'-blue-eye'd-shit out of all and sundry. So he's not THAT inaccurate about our Provi Dishonor mentality overall.

TL-DR - Ten nobody scrubs in Providence fought seven nobody wormhole scrubs in pointless near-battle. Also, recruiting Falcon pilots!

Varcaus
October 9 2012, 02:19:09 PM
Confirming I see a lack of falcons on those kill mails.

Cue1*
October 9 2012, 07:20:39 PM
Dude I was watching your fucking undock, you started with a Blackbird and a Falcon, then another three undocked and cloaked. There were even more on scan when I left station. No one was a booster, so dunno where the fuck you get that idea.

Tyrus Tenebros
October 9 2012, 07:29:55 PM
Knowing providence its entirely possible that a couple of completely unrelated falcons undocked.

They may have been in a different fleet or merely opportunists in risk averse asshattery nonshocker.

I can't tell you the absurd number of times I've rambo'd in to a hostile fleet solo and completely unfleeted only to have several blues decloak in variously useless or annoying stuff (bombers trying to km whore and die horribly always make me laugh though).

Hell its not even unheard of for a whole blue blob to show up completely coincidentally to say, 3 of us trying to fight outnumbered. I imagine blue fleet has cloaked eyes on the fight or something but its simultaneously funny and annoying when it happens

XavierVE
October 9 2012, 07:42:38 PM
Knowing providence its entirely possible that a couple of completely unrelated falcons undocked.

Often, yet not in this case. Only people in 9FOB were my people, and the only people awake/at keyboard were in fleet. Yet, I am entirely willing to accept the idea that GHOST FALCONS live in our station, undocking randomly. Would be very neat to be able to summon these entities like Aragorn bossing up with the Dead Men of Dunharrow.

I see Ghost Falcons. Walking around like regular Falcons. They don't jam each other. They only jam what they want to jam. They don't know they're Ghost Falcons.

Steph
October 10 2012, 05:36:01 AM
: providence:

StevieTopSiders
October 10 2012, 03:51:15 PM
There were Falcons, obviously.

Xavier is full of shit.

Varcaus
October 10 2012, 04:00:27 PM
There were falcons they just didn't active a module on anybody.

kombatunit
October 10 2012, 07:56:03 PM

Obviously, Xavier's API strips out all falcons from the killmails. Cue1, can you please explain lack of falcons or blackbirds on killmails?

Cue1*
October 11 2012, 02:36:52 AM

Obviously, Xavier's API strips out all falcons from the killmails. Cue1, can you please explain lack of falcons or blackbirds on killmails?

Only once you get my fucking name right.

Nartek
October 11 2012, 11:32:16 AM
Only once you get my fuckingname right.

Isn't that where we take your first pets name and your mothers maiden name?

Because calling you "Buffy Smitherton" in a request just feels strange...

Willaev
October 11 2012, 12:51:47 PM
There were Falcons, obviously.

Xavier is full of shit.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

kombatunit
October 11 2012, 08:56:12 PM

What I thought. GTFO of this thread. Please do come back to provi and clumsily lose your ships to our legions of ghost falcons.

grarredit: play nice

Phatstabley
October 11 2012, 11:23:32 PM

What I thought. GTFO of this thread. Please do come back to provi and clumsily lose your ships to our legions of ghost falcons.

grarredit: play nice

Be a good boy, Dreshi.

StevieTopSiders
October 31 2012, 12:11:00 AM
HBC killed a CSAA:

Apparently Waffles had reinforced a Provibloc CSAA with a nyx in build a couple of days prior.

With no action on the Stain front Hedliner decided to form NAPOCs for some mystery timer in Providence. Apparently it was this CSAA. After a long formup in HED-GP we had managed to get 65-70 BS and 20 logis with assorted tackle/T3s/HICs. Dropped in next door and jumped into about 40 bubbles and the hostile fleet, which consisted mainly of Abaddons and a drake wing or something. No idea on actual strength but I recall all their logi getting out as well as their tackle/T3, while a lot of their BS, as well as some drakes died. The fight was brawled out at fairly close range just off the gate.

Was busy trying to cycle bubbles in my HIC so can't really give a better perspective of it than that.

Oh and we killed the CSAA after. Nyx BPC dropped. All in all, props for a good subcap brawl provibloc folks.

EDIT: http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=14122

Lex Arson
October 31 2012, 05:40:21 AM
HBC killed a CSAA:

Apparently Waffles had reinforced a Provibloc CSAA with a nyx in build a couple of days prior.

With no action on the Stain front Hedliner decided to form NAPOCs for some mystery timer in Providence. Apparently it was this CSAA. After a long formup in HED-GP we had managed to get 65-70 BS and 20 logis with assorted tackle/T3s/HICs. Dropped in next door and jumped into about 40 bubbles and the hostile fleet, which consisted mainly of Abaddons and a drake wing or something. No idea on actual strength but I recall all their logi getting out as well as their tackle/T3, while a lot of their BS, as well as some drakes died. The fight was brawled out at fairly close range just off the gate.

Was busy trying to cycle bubbles in my HIC so can't really give a better perspective of it than that.

Oh and we killed the CSAA after. Nyx BPC dropped. All in all, props for a good subcap brawl provibloc folks.

EDIT: http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=14122

EntroPraetorian Aegis are HBC not Provibloc.

rojomojo915
October 31 2012, 06:27:20 PM
Reports say it was a titan building in the CSAA, not a nyx.

Willaev
November 2 2012, 05:08:52 AM
Reports say it was a titan building in the CSAA, not a nyx.

Those reports are inaccurate.

Daneel Trevize
November 2 2012, 11:56:32 AM
I for one am convinced by that argument...

Lex Fasces
November 6 2012, 11:54:14 AM
i love how all of PL bring navy apocs and test only bring apocs. really shows the difference between the two alliances lol

Drykor
November 9 2012, 09:19:30 PM
Not been around much and cba reading the entire thread, does CVA still live in here?

Daneel Trevize
November 9 2012, 09:34:39 PM
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Curatores_Veritatis_Alliance

XavierVE
November 15 2012, 08:53:22 AM
Well, things have certainly got more fun in USTZ Providence now that TEST/TRIBE/THORN/ETC are next door. Rather than sit around dropping supercarriers on us 24/7 as previous neighbors got into the habit of doing, TEST and crew seems to enjoy roaming through Providence in whatever ships they have laying around. And considering that Providence entities are best known for derping around in defense fleets with random ships they have laying around, it's like a match made in heaven. A scrub valhalla, really.

Tonight was probably the best night so far. The TEST gangs were like Doomsday from the Superman comics. Each time you killed one, it respawned even stronger.

First, we had two throwdowns in H-6 on the 9UY gate. A thirty man fleet rolled up on us with a bunch of random DPS ships along with like six ospreys. Yeah, six f'n ospreys. Had to check the calendar and make sure the patch hadn't already arrived. We threw down on that with our 15 man gang which had two scimitars. Using soon-to-be obsolete whore aggression tactics on a gate, we ended up trading a couple BC's for a good 2/3rds of their gang.

TEST then respawned as a 25 man gang with a scimitar and some ECM, and a larger number of battlecruisers than the first iteration. They rolled back up to H-6 looking for round two just a half an hour after the first engagement. We had set up our scimitars differently on the second engagement, with a brick-tanked AB scimi at 0 on gate and another scimitar sitting 50km off. TEST gang went for the heavier tanked gate scimitar and were unable to break it before we were able to wipe out enough of their DPS that we could tank the rest. We didn't lose a ship on this engagement unfortunately, so the BR doesn't look as cool.

Combined fights: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15205910 - Had the second fight scimitar bait not worked as well, it'd show a better reflection of the numbers overall.

We derped around looking for hostiles while being impressed by their smack-free local afterwards (the last time they staged by Providence, they smack-talked constantly, but this go-around they've been super chill, it's awesome) for a bit, thinking we were done when... TEST ALLIANCE PLEASE RESPAWN! Again, just half an hour after the last fight. Three fun brawls within an hour? Yes please.

Report was a 36 man gang rolling up from F9E towards D-G. We figured it was worth going over and getting round 3 since they were so awesome about rounds 1 and 2. Third round saw them bring a random BS and better DPS overall with Talos's and SFI's.

We jumped into MH9C from T-R as they jumped into MH9C from F-X. They set up on gate as we landed on them and brawled it out. There was an eclectic mix of blues who were there randomly, which was an unexpected but helpful surprise. We set up with one scimitar landing on gate and the other keeping range. Their FC learned from the previous engagements and started attacking DPS first, which resulted in them getting more kills and making for a more complete killboard picture.

3rd battle: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15206756

We were rolling around back home trying to jump on a Snigg gang when the TEST gang respawned for the fourth time. This time it was a 47 man monster with PL pilots added to the fold, with 19 armor oracles, five Oneiros and a mix of other DPS/tackle, totalling 47 pilots altogether. At that point, the respawn was a bit too serious business comparatively and we headed home to break down for the night.

TL-DR - Scrubs fought scrubs with scrub ships in scrub battles that were scrub-fun for everyone. Yay EVE :)

Garreck
November 15 2012, 11:47:24 AM
I think having TEST around has been terrific. Lots of action to be had at all times of the day and on any scale you like if you're patient. A couple of nights ago myself and some fellow CJEVE-ers whack-a-moled half a dozen drakes that came through D-G one at a time, presumably to join (or leave) the rather large TEST drake fleet that was roaming Provi which we did not have the manpower to deal with directly.

There was a TEST incursus camping the D-G station issuing challenges and making several provibloc T2 frigate pilots look just plain silly the whole time as well. Including one of our number.

After D-G/T-R opportunities dried up, we ventured into Catch where we nailed a TRIBE (I think) bestower that was rather boldly hauling a few hundred million isk in goods (we missed a second bestower that was travelling with because I'm terrible.) Wrapped up the rather successful evening by allowing ourselves to be enticed into engaging a Fleet Stabber which happened to be cyno fitted. In glorious fashion we splashed the stabber as the TEST fleet bridged in on us and blasted our battlecruisers into dust.

Can't access KBs from work or I'd link for reference.

Dragon-lions etc.

Varcaus
November 15 2012, 06:16:17 PM
There was a TEST incursus camping the D-G station issuing challenges and making several provibloc T2 frigate pilots look just plain silly the whole time as well. Including one of our number.
Dragon-lions etc.>_>

ShoNuff
November 17 2012, 09:13:20 PM
Well, things have certainly got more fun in USTZ Providence now that TEST/TRIBE/THORN/ETC are next door. Rather than sit around dropping supercarriers on us 24/7 as previous neighbors got into the habit of doing, TEST and crew seems to enjoy roaming through Providence in whatever ships they have laying around. And considering that Providence entities are best known for derping around in defense fleets with random ships they have laying around, it's like a match made in heaven. A scrub valhalla, really.

TL-DR - Scrubs fought scrubs with scrub ships in scrub battles that were scrub-fun for everyone. Yay EVE :)

We've also been having a blast and after all the recent sov war nonsense, it is great to have fights for the sake of fighting.

StevieTopSiders
November 18 2012, 02:55:44 AM
Xavier, you dumb nigger, come camp a 5-man gang again, faggot.

XavierVE
November 18 2012, 03:08:53 AM
Battlereport: Camped a gate, killed a sleipnir. Someone got mad.

TL-DR: Killed a Sleipnir, someone got mad.

Daneel Trevize
November 18 2012, 12:51:28 PM
:penguin shoop:
Stevie was having a bad night, and didn't care who knew

sharptoast
December 19 2012, 09:17:45 AM
So, since leaving provi, my new corp set up like, 2 Js from Provi, its like I never left (Except everything is red).

PL still touching you all in bad places?

Willaev
December 20 2012, 08:10:42 AM
So, since leaving provi, my new corp set up like, 2 Js from Provi, its like I never left (Except everything is red).

PL still touching you all in bad places?

They've been popping JBs on a fairly weekly basis when their super-fishers are bored. Beyond that just the occasional TEST/friends roams in frigates and cruisers.

StevieTopSiders
December 20 2012, 04:54:34 PM
In EU TZ, providence has been defending FSW with fleets of 100+ dudes in Abaddons, T1 cruisers, and bombers against the PL menace.

OrangeAfroMan
January 14 2013, 10:55:28 AM
The KBP crew had a gang floating around, so we formed up and ended up meeting them in one of their jump bridge systems after trying to engage a gatecamp. I don't know how we managed it, but we didn't lose any ships despite them having 40ish dudes. We killed as much as we could catch :x

http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15901934

Afterward we decided to swing over to HED. We engaged a Test/Friends fleet on a planet and came out on top quite nicely. After a couple minutes they came in again, and again we prevailed. They even gave us some free courtesy kills afterward :D
They did try a bombing run or two, but we were aligned and warped.

They formed up more and we decided to switch systems. We reapproached the gate in SV5 and, despite their massively increased numbers, we engaged anyway. This was a terrible idea and we all either died or escaped :p

HED battlereport:
http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15902528

Overall battlereport:
http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=15902448

XavierVE
January 14 2013, 01:57:49 PM
A random weekend in North Providence

TL-DR - A bunch of pointless small gang stuff over three days, yo. It's really, really long, you shouldn't bother reading it.

Friday - The weekend starts by waking up in the middle of the day and logging into EVE to find some Black Core Alliance gang sitting in my precious 9FOB talking insane trash to my people about our being shit-scrubs and the like. Normally, this doesn't bother at all because we are scrubs... but dronelands-livin' scrubs calling us scrubs is a scrub-insult too far. It's like a welfare recipient talking trash to a homeless person. Formed up a 14 man armor gang to deal with their 14 man shield gang. Caught them on 4B gate in the middle of their yakking in local, brawled out at zero. Couple of their ships immediately ran away braveheart-style and a couple more escaped after the fight but the end result was pretty nice overall: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15865839

Twenty minutes later, a neat Sniggwaffe concept gang of RR-Vexor's and Celestis's hit G-5. We get set up in 9FOB to fight them when a wild Sev3rance gang appears from the JB and lands on 9FOB gate in G-5. Snigg engaged them while my gang sat on the other side of the gate like a pimply dude who got ditched at the dance. Never one to not Provi Dishonor, we crashed the party and entered the blobzone: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15866758 (That's like a mishmash of other engagements as well, it was more like 45 vs. 15... wait, that doesn't sound better, does it?)

Couple hours later, a 20-something man Omerta/Exodus tier 3 gang comes storming around North Provi. -7- asks for assistance in shield BC's. I had an old drake sitting around that I haven't flown in forever, and figuring we would all die in a fire, I hop into that. Haven't flown a Drake since Retribution... my god are they bad now. Unfortunately, my Drake did not die. Fight started well with the OmExodus crew jumping into us. They initially had trouble breaking range, losing a medley of tier 3's. Fight dragged on for twenty minutes more. We regrouped at zero on the gate while they established range. They'd kill a couple ships, we'd kill one ship. Eventually they killed the friendly hero Huginn and that was GG. After dawdling for a bit too long and incurring losses, fleet jumped XHQ while the hostiles held field.

Little over an hour later and a 40-something man TEST gang popped up on the radar heading towards KBP. Comprised of mostly Muninns with a really good number of logistics, they quickly moved from D-G over to North Provi. Sev3rance set up with 35 on XHQ gate while we held with 15 in G-5 waiting for the engagement to start as calvary. Fight was mostly a slaughter, as our random addition landed at zero on the TEST gang as they were burning away from the gate. Tackles were spread, Muninns died as about half of the TEST gang went up in smoke. The other half beat feet back to high-sec for the trip home to HED.

Best battlereport I can find since I suck at killboards: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15869801

Saturday - Another long bloody day, also known as the day Logi V died. Started off by chasing a Mildly Intoxicated Arazu into G-5. Mildly is fun to chase around, because you don't know if they have 10 dudes on the other end of the covert cyno or twenty five dudes. They're like a box of chocolates. "It's early, maybe they'll only have ten or so" was the optimistic idea. We rolled the dice... and it was the latter. Four redeemers along with a gaggle of bombers and recons. Bad times, but at least they killed a Phobos that I was terribly sick of flying for months on end and one of their pilots decided to hero tank their falcon so we actually got a kill out of the meat-grinder: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15880561

Grumpy, we reform and pick up numbers in order to chase down and murder the offending Mildly Arazu that dared not die originally: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15882567 - Vengeance! They declined to drop my twenty man armor gang and now, over confidence set in greatly. What a gang, almost non-scrublike! 20 SHIPS IN OUR FLEET?! HOLY HELL KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! Yeah, that level of overconfidence.

So when the report of an 80 man RvB frigate gang burning in from Derelik low-sec came, the idea was hey... we haven't tested our new armor comp against crazy numbers so why not brawl it out. We'd been followed by an RvB pilot in a Malediction for about half an hour who, it turned out, was just making sure we weren't getting into bombers. The RvB gang streamed into 9FOB filling local with queries about where our usual bombers were... however, we had decided to take the 4 to 1 odds and engage in YWSO on the 9FOB gate conventionally.

This was a bad call: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15882215 - Immediately primaried off the field, decided to rush back as the fight did at least last a good while. Unfortunately, the medical clone was overlooked and Logi V turned into Logi IV and a half. Oops. Flying logistics ships is overrated anyways amirite? DPS overwhelmed our hero augorors and while we killed all of their sabres (Fuck sabres), the welp was strong with this engagement. Bombers next time.

Couple hours later intel reports some elite wormhole duders camping the crap out of 6-0 over in South Provi. This sounds like a good punching bag to get our mojo back and we set sail. Decided to throw a lone harbinger into S9X to bait them. And bait them, it did. Immediately jumping on it, they got it low enough that our logi couldn't save it. Still, hero harbinger did his job and got aggression. We jumped on them, dispatched their Talos to break their DPS backbone and threw tracking disruption all over their dishonorable arty cynabals. This left two juicy 100AB Tengus to fend for themselves. Aided by some random unexpected CVA webbing gangsters, the fight was decisive: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15884944 - Wormhole duders always have the best drops.

About an hour later some large :fuckoff: TEST gang of Oracles and logi comes stomping up from D-G to Northern Providence. We decide to be dicks and bomb it. Since we've bombed TEST gangs like... 30 times in the last couple of months, they generally have our tactics down so we do some ghetto stuff and bomb them on the jump-in with a cloaky sabre. This won't ever result in mass casualties, but is a good punishment for them being smart enough to avoid our usual trickery. Unfortunately, only had seven bombers in fleet because we're tiny bitches with no actual numbers. Still, took down a decent chunk of the TEST gang for the effort: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15885786

Sunday - After welping shit left and right on Friday and Saturday, we decided to go to the dishonorable blobzone on Sunday. Blobbed a ton of solo'ers and small gangs that aren't worth recounting before a big ol' 30 man Goonswarm gang decided to be dicks and bubble up on Dital gate in KBP. They anchor enough bubbles and spread out far enough that a regular bombing run is pointless, as they just aren't clumped enough and we only have a mighty six bombers. A bait procurer is procured. We set up in some random spot and have the procurer warp to us at thirty. This results in the Procurer landing at some spot that nobody could ever warp to and land at, like 80km off Dital gate at some weird angle. Undeterred by this fishy behavior, the Goonswarm gang MWD's over, dreams of getting a 10 million isk kill dancing in their heads. After the requisite number aggress and their sabre bubbles, we drop on them. This run nets a rapier, vagabond, their dictors and a decent chunk of DPS, takes out 25% of their gang.

Sev3rance uses this opportunity to warp their gang in and finishes off the rest of the unruly mob: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15899594 (combined results)

Later a 60 man TEST gang of vagabonds and scimitars came through. Sev3rance decided not to engage and I only had 8 dudes so y'know, bomb time. Bombing vags and scimitards is never fun so we end up killing a random trashheap of tackle, surely breaking TEST's SRP with the whopping 35 million in damage we lay upon them. AMARR VICTOR.

Overall another fun weekend in Providence, and I could pretty much write a battlereport like this for every weekend. If you're out there looking for some small gang action and some blobbin' action and some fighting outnumbered and dying action, Providence is still very often worthwhile. It's not in every region where you can shoot at random hordes of RvB, TEST, Goons, Sniggwaffe, elite low sec PvP alliances, some random dronelands scrubs and a bunch of other things in-between. :shitshit:

Daneel Trevize
January 14 2013, 02:16:57 PM
a neat Sniggwaffe concept gang of RR-Vexor's and Celestis'sAin't nothing concept about RR Vexors (https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1919267#post1919267).

So when the report of an 80 man RvB frigate gang burning in from Derelik low-sec came, the idea was hey... we haven't tested our new armor comp against crazy numbers so why not brawl it out. We'd been followed by an RvB pilot in a Malediction for about half an hour who, it turned out, was just making sure we weren't getting into bombers. The RvB gang streamed into 9FOB filling local with queries about where our usual bombers were... however, we had decided to take the 4 to 1 odds and engage in YWSO on the 9FOB gate conventionally.

This was a bad call: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15882215 - Immediately primaried off the field, decided to rush back as the fight did at least last a good while. Unfortunately, the medical clone was overlooked and Logi V turned into Logi IV and a half. Oops. Flying logistics ships is overrated anyways amirite? DPS overwhelmed our hero augorors and while we killed all of their sabres (Fuck sabres), the welp was strong with this engagement. Bombers next time.I may or may not no I definitely called you as FC and primary, twice. Was much fun, and Ganked sebo'd ships vs bombers is so passé. ;)

roigon
January 14 2013, 04:12:01 PM
A random weekend in North Providence

Pretty sure that malediction was me (incidentally I'm not in rvb, I'm actually CVA friendly. Really it says so in my bio so it must be true.). Wasn't so much watching whether or not you guys were in bombers, was more waiting for literally HOURS!! till the main rvb ganked fleet finally got bored and decided it could stop playing with some AF sitting on the the assah gate to have an actual fight. Having said that I was pretty bad warping into your bubble twice, for some reason my overview/d-scan decided it wasn't interested in showing bubbles even though I have both ticked on my overview settings. Either way, pretty bad. But you failed to catch/kill me, so also pretty bad. So lets call it even.

As for "we had decided to take the 4 to 1 odds and engage in YWSO on the 9FOB gate conventionall". In the upset of the century the rvb ganked fleet actually performed a highly difficult and technical manoeuvre by splitting the fleet into two randomly selected unequal parts and performed a pincer by piling into your setup from both sides at once. Now granted it's more that you simply let it happen then anything else, but I can assure you that's it's the equivalent of seeing pigs fly in terms of rvb ganked eleeeeet fleet tactics. I'm sure mang the FC who shall be kept nameless, felt smug about that working out so well.

Major kudos for giving us a fun fight, granted the distinction between fight and blob was certainly there, but some of us where still in ventures and and most intoxicated and unsure of where the fleet was. On the other hand some of those ventures made it out of nullsec, so there must be something OP about them. *nerf mining frigates*

Looking forward to a rematch. Preferably not in bombers, we're getting better, but bombers are still OP as shit against rvb ganked. Perhaps try a single faction fitted carrier on the gate just before we come in. This will surely confuse us, making us wonder if it's bait for something and make us turn around just to be safe. I swear that would totally be how we react.

p.s. How do you verify the roughly 43 different corporations in the RvB ganked fleet where indeed KOS? I think at least one of us was still not on the KOS list after that evening, he was quiet disappointed and felt overlooked. :( Granted though, his corp name was an absolute horror to spell so I can't really blame you guys for not adding him because it would be too much of a bother.

Mangala Solaris
January 14 2013, 04:31:42 PM
Loved that little tussle Xavier - and yes you got primaried as Dan said on comms "Xavier will be their FC", so primary you it was!

Would have loved to have fought you with more of our ventures intact, for more amusing KM's, but thems the breaks.

I just want to finish by saying the past couple of times we have wandered into provi have been some really good fun. Lots of fun little fights to be had, even for a "blob" of 80-150 drunk pilots.

Daneel Trevize
January 14 2013, 06:28:56 PM
In my defence, the way I called it I left the option open to leave the FC until last to keep the fight going. Honestly the thought totally crossed my mind...

XavierVE
January 14 2013, 06:53:41 PM
Having said that I was pretty bad warping into your bubble twice, for some reason my overview/d-scan decided it wasn't interested in showing bubbles even though I have both ticked on my overview settings.

HIC bubbles don't show up on d-scan. This is primarily why we use HIC's rather than DIC's. To be fair, both times when you landed on our bubble we were busy doing something else (killing four random TEST dudes/getting vengeance against that Arazu) so it was more of a "Oh fuck that goddamned Malediction landed, bah" rather than being set up for you. I was so focused on tracking down that Arazu that you could've been in a Guardian-Vexor and it wouldn't have made much difference :)

How do you verify the roughly 43 different corporations in the RvB ganked fleet where indeed KOS?

Don't need to, if someone is flying with a KOS pilot then they're KOS by default regardless of what checker says. /funKOScheckerfacts

Daneel Trevize
January 14 2013, 07:25:09 PM
How do you verify the roughly 43 different corporations in the RvB ganked fleet where indeed KOS?

Don't need to, if someone is flying with a KOS pilot then they're KOS by default regardless of what checker says. /funKOScheckerfactsNever change, CVA :lol:

sharptoast
February 12 2013, 01:32:33 PM
Wallpapers invading Provi?

C/D?

XavierVE
February 12 2013, 01:51:21 PM
Does not appear so. Was fairly skeptical of the EVEnews24 report to begin with being that if you want to invade Providence, you've no real reason to stage from GE- when HED and Northern Catch stations are readily available. Not only that, but TEST just moved out of HED- back home, which seems a bit odd to do if you're going to launch a major sov-grinding in Providence. Adding to that, who you going to get to live in Providence that actually wants to live in Providence? It's shitty for carebearing, you can't rent the shit out as the region is far too porous in regards to roamers.

Having neighbors you can shoot that basically do small gang PvP, are too weak to pose a threat to your sov, towers, etc and who are pretty content to not fuck with your sov, towers, etc isn't really a bad thing either. It's not like there's going to be some weird Catch Invasion if the mystical great war between TEST and Goonswarm ever kicks off.

All that said, maybe they're just the slowest deploying 500 man alliance I've ever seen and there's some magical secret reason to want to invade Providence that is beyond the capabilities of my imagination.

Content: http://sound.mindflood.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=16310447 - Bombing is fun!

Can't report on anything else because hostiles in my neck of the USTZ woods have dried up other than a random LAWN hotdrop deployment that does not seem to be going well for them - http://www.sev3rance.com/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=126637

Meridith
February 12 2013, 02:09:39 PM
but TEST just moved out of HED- back home

Just curious as i havent had the time to keep up with nullsec politics, where is 'home' for TEST? fountain?

XavierVE
February 12 2013, 02:15:17 PM
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Delve/K-6K16 - is where they're staging now. I'd consider Fountain/Delve more their home than say living in HED/Catch.

indeterminacy
February 25 2013, 03:33:19 PM
Spent all weekend blopsing Povi including killing various T1 stuff, Tengu, Vargur, Navy Raven...closed out the weekend Sunday night with a Nid. http://thorn.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=16543512

None of us want to leave :P

XavierVE
February 25 2013, 06:44:05 PM
Good job. Kill all the ratting carriers and faction/pirate BS's please, death to all pointless whores.

Just be careful with Procurers, I hear they bite: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=16535074

Varcaus
February 25 2013, 11:32:52 PM
Good job. Kill all the ratting carriers and faction/pirate BS's please, death to all pointless whores.

Just be careful with Procurers, I hear they bite: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=16535074

Eve Kill / zKillboard is down at the moment, we'll be back as soon as we can!

indeterminacy
February 26 2013, 02:15:38 AM

EUTZ :psyduck:

indeterminacy
March 6 2013, 03:14:12 PM
Who is Care Factor and why are they warping carriers to gates to fight destroyer fleets? (that will end hilariously btw)

http://thorn.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=16680820

sharptoast
March 6 2013, 05:43:52 PM
Who is Care Factor and why are they warping carriers to gates to fight destroyer fleets? (that will end hilariously btw)

http://thorn.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=16680820

A1; An aweful Alliance
A2; See A1