PDA

View Full Version : T2 Federation goodness and you

RazoR
March 11 2013, 04:40:44 PM
I am currently flying assplasma 520 m/s Hawk-M and stabrail targetpainting Fox-M, Claw and Muninn if you will.

Due to servers being down i can not tell you all the details but in short i am using the Hawk to intercept other ceppies and fighters.
Modules are achilles system, IR flares and cloak. That, on top of obligatory emergency barrier gives out a lot of damage potential for a ceptor and silly levels of survivability supplemented by shield regen modification and EM hardener.
All missile slots are occupied by mines i use for conducting bombing runs on frigates and a minefield for bumrushing bacons.

Fox only sports experimental stabrails because i had to fit them somewhere. When i had to complete the backstabbing contract (kill 10 ships while cloak is on cooldown) i used assplasmas and introduced enemy snipers to a world of pain because of em/kin damage spectrum since i had to deal with both Hydras and Templars.
I am still not sure on the third module but target painter and IR flares are a must and so is the emergency barrier because while Fox is a fighter it's still fast and those 3 seconds can give you a decent chance of escaping the natural enemy, Deimos.
Unlike on Hawk shield and capacitor sizes play a bigger role than regeneration as 23 seconds are enough to fly back to your frigates.
Mines for initial frigate nuking and kinetic missiles for fatalities.

Frigates? If you are a madman like me you don't want to touch them :razor:

Elias M
March 11 2013, 04:46:49 PM
Fuck yeah Federation.

I think I'll try and crowbar your Hawk-M setup onto my Hawk and see how it goes. Want a Fox-M too but will focus first on kitting out the interceptor.

Target painter is great module though, I use one on my Lynx-M and its awesome.

Dahak
March 11 2013, 04:50:06 PM
Currently have assault plasma cannons on my Fox-M. I was looking at the rapid-fire versions, but they don't seem to offer any real benefit in return for wider spread and shorter range. Projectile speed is something like 30m/s greater, so not much benefit.

How wrong am I?

RazoR
March 11 2013, 04:50:30 PM
Fuck yeah Federation.

I think I'll try and crowbar your Hawk-M setup onto my Hawk and see how it goes. Want a Fox-M too but will focus first on kitting out the interceptor.

Target painter is great module though, I use one on my Lynx-M and its awesome.Badly. You need the saboteur role to not run out of cap instantly.
Lightweight hull and shield regen are also nifty.

Hawk mk1 is a frontline skirmisher, not a breakthrough ceptor.

Stige
March 11 2013, 04:53:00 PM
Currently have assault plasma cannons on my Fox-M. I was looking at the rapid-fire versions, but they don't seem to offer any real benefit in return for wider spread and shorter range. Projectile speed is something like 30m/s greater, so not much benefit.

How wrong am I?

By far the biggest benefit of rapid fire plasmas = no overheating.

I personaly love them (Got 2x T2 Epic Rapid Fire Plasmas, one on my Superkite and one on my Phobos aura).
Seriously insane damage on them.

RazoR
March 11 2013, 04:53:27 PM

How wrong am I?Same here, i rarely overheat my assplasmas but when i do i just web fast movers or teabag a frigate on a head-on pass.
Smartbombs are a danger but you have your barrier and 400+ m/s.

Fox is very rapeable for other fighters and ceptors, your first instinct on anything going wrong should be GTFOing. Even if you didn't take out your target you caused a significant diversion.

Zodi
March 11 2013, 05:09:12 PM
Using rapidplasma with incdmg/needle on Superkite and Hawk-M, actives stasis/achilles/x. Passives emergency barrier is a must, for other I use thermal resist atm because nearly everything that can hit me seems to do thermal dmg (Jericho missiles, lasers without em crystal, etc.)

Fed t2 frigs seem bit weak for reason they cannot be tanked properly and drones die to everything aoe.

Havent played fighter line much, cloak is gimmicky but tank seems to be paper compared to other races.

Entity
March 11 2013, 05:14:01 PM
Emergency barrier kinda sucks on interceptors in Detonation. When it triggers, you drop the bomb, which is rather embarassing if you're like 75% done planting the bomb.
So I just put EM, Thermal and Collision compensator (more maneuverability and ability to faceplant stuff without asploding is nice when weaving through tight spaces)

Zodi
March 11 2013, 05:20:55 PM
Emergency barrier kinda sucks on interceptors in Detonation. When it triggers, you drop the bomb, which is rather embarassing if you're like 75% done planting the bomb.
So I just put EM, Thermal and Collision compensator (more maneuverability and ability to faceplant stuff without asploding is nice when weaving through tight spaces)

Noticed this today when I played arcade for change, it triggers at 15% hull so probably you would have died anyway since EB blocks the hit killing you. Kinda makes you feel stupid thou when it happens :)

Of course, If playing mostly arcade and planning to run bomb, EM hard might save getting into that low hp anyway.

pratell
March 11 2013, 05:21:51 PM
screenshot of you going 530 please

Entity
March 11 2013, 05:26:52 PM

Noticed this today when I played arcade for change, it triggers at 15% hull so probably you would have died anyway since EB blocks the hit killing you. Kinda makes you feel stupid thou when it happens :)

Maybe, maybe not. But even then, I'd rather explode and get a fresh interceptor for the next bombing run than fly around with a severely wounded ship that can't take another hit. (Arcade mode, yes)

RazoR
March 11 2013, 05:28:29 PM
screenshot of you going 530 pleaseDon't feed him, man.

I got 522.4 m/s on my Hawk with all the shit, purple lightweight hull included.

pratell
March 11 2013, 05:33:44 PM
screenshot of you going 530 pleaseDon't feed him, man.

I got 522.4 m/s on my Hawk with all the shit, purple lightweight hull included.

ok that was the missing piece, thanks. considering i was maxing at 458 with my fed ships (mk 2 mod, no implant) and getting the faction + implant was only getting me to just over 500 I wanted to make sure you weren't accidentally adding the green bonus in twice. obv it shows up clearly in the HUD but, you know, confirmation :P

pratell
March 11 2013, 05:39:34 PM
i am a dumb bad butthole

RazoR
March 11 2013, 05:43:04 PM
Fuck off nerd this is T2 zone~

Elias M
March 11 2013, 06:12:15 PM
So my Hawk set-up at the moment is:

Assault Plasma (with Enhanced Plasma & Needle)
Unguided Plasma missiles
Guided Armour-Piercing missiles

Capacitor Charger
Collision Compensator

IR Flares
Ion Beam

Critique welcomed. I might swap the unguided missiles out for mines and keep the AP missiles for quick final-blows. Since the ship has bonuses to ECM I might as well have the Ion Beam, I think its the only worth-while ECM module on an interceptor and I obviously use it to stop people shooting the bomb-carrier etc. Is it worth dropping the Collision Comp for an EM shield hardener to plug the EM gap?

pratell
March 11 2013, 07:29:53 PM
unguided plasma missiles? try out proxy mines for frigate destroying goodness.

personally i believe the hawk m to be the superior faction ship, while the extra damage from the vanguard web is great at being killy, nullifying passive shield tanks as well as active boosters via armada web is much more useful.

Approaching Walrus
March 11 2013, 07:59:17 PM
Why not use the parasitic shield mod that leeches shields?

Elias M
March 11 2013, 08:27:14 PM

I find the Ion Beam a bit more useful as an interceptor, its a more useful module for the whole team since you can stop an enemy shooting at the bomb-carrier or team captain for a few seconds and buy some precious time.

Entity
March 11 2013, 09:03:57 PM

I find the Ion Beam a bit more useful as an interceptor, its a more useful module for the whole team since you can stop an enemy shooting at the bomb-carrier or team captain for a few seconds and buy some precious time.

it's also nice if you're being chased while carrying the bomb. Just press T to lock the guy without looking at him, get to the station, then ion beam and you can plant the bomb in peace :P

RazoR
March 11 2013, 09:50:01 PM
Can't ion beam all the ten faggots shooting at you.

Varcaus
March 11 2013, 11:37:28 PM

Jericho Victor

Stige
March 11 2013, 11:42:28 PM

Jericho Victor

"Welcome to Jericho"

4x Jericho Frig in Squad spamming coordinated Jericho Missiles.

Much fun! :D

Varcaus
March 11 2013, 11:44:15 PM
Some fag with just ir flares and duck away if they arent retarded.

RazoR
March 11 2013, 11:56:23 PM

Jericho VictorCocoon will make you drop the bomb. By the time you repick it everyone'll be back at shooting you.

Varcaus
March 12 2013, 12:00:48 AM

Jericho VictorCocoon will make you drop the bomb. By the time you repick it everyone'll be back at shooting you.

Get a friend flying it zoom ahead start cacoon show up lol your all stunned.

cullnean
March 12 2013, 12:09:35 AM

Get a friend flying it zoom ahead start cacoon show up lol your all stunned.

good luck getting that to work

Varcaus
March 12 2013, 12:21:06 AM
Not that hard just need to be on coms. Works well for torp blasting to.

RazoR
March 12 2013, 01:24:15 AM
effort, mate

We have Eve for serious business.

Stige
March 12 2013, 10:14:35 AM
effort, mate

We have Eve for serious business.

We are always on Skype when playing this game :l

Approaching Walrus
March 13 2013, 07:08:31 AM
So where did you get that purple hull mod? PVE or PVP?

Stige
March 13 2013, 08:28:29 AM

All the epics are from T2 Regulars.

RazoR
March 13 2013, 12:17:36 PM
PvP.

Ashaz
March 13 2013, 04:19:47 PM

All the epics are from T2 Regulars.

All my purples are from Arcade matches.

Lief Siddhe
March 13 2013, 06:03:25 PM
I got 1 purple from PvP arcade and 2 from PvE, I think. PvE guarantees a green mod per victory, dunno if chances for purple are actually higher in PvP or PvE.

edited for clarity

Stige
March 13 2013, 06:16:18 PM
I got 1 from PvP and 2 from PvE, I think. PvE guarantees a green mod per victory, dunno if chances for purple are actually higher in one of the two.

From my experience, T3 seems to drop a lot more greens than T2 does, rarely get any greens from T2 but get them in T3 games every few games.

Ashaz
March 14 2013, 01:49:10 PM

Jericho Victor

"Welcome to Jericho"

hm. maybe that's the explanation. I saw myself beeing oneshotted by a jericho missile last night. I was in a T2 frig at the time so i was kind of surpriced. My missiles barely dent their shields.

I am achtually using my missiles alot more as a close combat weapon than a sniping thing. It's always fun to take out those pesky orbiting Empire-ceptors when they think they are under your reach.

But speaking of T2 Fed. How would you outfit the federation T2 frigs? They seem kind of squishy for their role.

Lief Siddhe
March 14 2013, 02:10:21 PM
News just in: Fed frigs are utter shit until they buff drones and fedfrig HP/maneuverability. :(

cullnean
March 14 2013, 02:45:31 PM
News just in: Fed frigs are utter shit until they buff drones and fedfrig HP/maneuverability. :(

Oh so wrong

Tapatalk 2

Stige
March 14 2013, 03:31:00 PM

Jericho Victor

"Welcome to Jericho"

hm. maybe that's the explanation. I saw myself beeing oneshotted by a jericho missile last night. I was in a T2 frig at the time so i was kind of surpriced. My missiles barely dent their shields.

I am achtually using my missiles alot more as a close combat weapon than a sniping thing. It's always fun to take out those pesky orbiting Empire-ceptors when they think they are under your reach.

But speaking of T2 Fed. How would you outfit the federation T2 frigs? They seem kind of squishy for their role.

Friend had them too at first, then switched to Empire Frigates and was amazed how good they are compared to that Federation shit :D
So for now, get something else than Federation? They really seem to be not-so-good at anything they do :l

pratell
March 14 2013, 04:44:52 PM

Oh so wrong

Tapatalk 2

Mate fed frigates are utter wank.

RazoR
March 14 2013, 05:09:54 PM
150 hull on drones i just laughable tbqmfh. Now if they would be at least half as strong as bacon drones...

Takon Orlani
March 14 2013, 06:10:15 PM

Oh so wrong

Tapatalk 2

They sound good but are too weak to survive once someone sees them. I get two to three kills then I get noticed.

I am finding that all repair modules are rather worthless and a waste of a slot, other than that I am enjoying T2 goodness in Jericho

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Ashaz
March 14 2013, 09:07:03 PM

Oh so wrong

Tapatalk 2

They sound good but are too weak to survive once someone sees them. I get two to three kills then I get noticed.

I am finding that all repair modules are rather worthless and a waste of a slot, other than that I am enjoying T2 goodness in Jericho

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I am having reasonable success with tanking my Jericho Frig. Shield expander, resist thingy and booster. Once I start taking fire I start both the mods and then focus on killing. afterwards I boost back up. In many matches I can go from full to none to full to none to full again and keep on fighting.

I noticed people speaking very enthousiasticly about the Fed frigs, so I figured ther emust be some way to make them good. But I don't realy see how with that tiny HP-buffer. They have the best look by far tho.

stormyfs-shitpoastin
March 14 2013, 09:16:27 PM
Fed frigs are good for remote repairing and hiding near a friendly beacon/coming in as second line and rock-hopping so you don't get sniped.
Emp frigs are the long range doombots, but need LoS to be effective... solo they can get raped, in groups they can be more dangerous.
Jeri frigs have predator missiles. The -2km for their special isn't too bad, as they don't have to be sat out in the open and can curve it round rocks and shit.

Overall, I'm torn between the empire and jericho frigs... I have had success with the federation one, but most often I DIAF in it.

Stige
March 14 2013, 10:46:10 PM
I swapped from Acid Hydra to the Jericho variant and I have to admit, I do think it is a bit squishy compared to my Acid Hydra, propably going back to Empire on Frigates, Hull tanking just seems to last a tad bit longer when focused.

Takon Orlani
March 15 2013, 03:48:25 AM
So Fox or Hawk?

NVM hawk. Aw YEA!

Ashaz
March 15 2013, 03:11:32 PM
So Fox or Hawk?

NVM hawk. Aw YEA!

I got them both.
Hawk is bloody fast but I can't seem to hit shit while beeing that fast.
Fox. Well. I expected an improvement of the T1 version, but it feels realy heavy and slow. Not impressed by it at all so far.
Started grinding up the Empire contracts aswell just to get them all and I realy see what people mean by Easy mode.
a T1 fighter with over 11.000 HP just in the hull is insane. It's agile as a ceptor and the damage? +66% dps in bursts. Fuck yea.

It's so OP it's silly!

Lief Siddhe
March 15 2013, 07:00:28 PM
I keep telling ya Fed ships are shit compared to other 2 races :(

Approaching Walrus
March 16 2013, 07:56:51 AM
The Fed Ceptor and Jericho Ceptor are far better than the fat slow Empire ceptor, because while MWD is nice, it's slow as hell normally. Fighters, each special is good in its own right. Frigates, yeah, Fed loses hands down. At least at T2.

Entity
March 18 2013, 08:23:37 PM
I keep telling ya Fed ships are shit compared to other 2 races :(

the T3 ones and especially the T4 are actually quite nice. They do suck in T1/T2 though.

Lief Siddhe
March 18 2013, 11:36:06 PM
Well I can only vouch up to tier 2 cause that's as far as I got. Probably should have specified that.

Takon Orlani
March 30 2013, 04:39:57 PM
Fox-M is p good. I like the shield buff fit

Stige
March 30 2013, 07:03:43 PM
Fox-M is p good. I like the shield buff fit

Nanos are good, same goes for Alligator-M, one of the best frigates out there.