PDA

View Full Version : Is the Mouse Input Fucked or What?

DaneJa
February 7 2013, 07:47:06 PM
So I just decided to give Dust another shot now that it's been around a while. I saw that they added mouse and keyboard support, so I tried it, but the mouse felt like shit. Is this just on my end or is it really that bad? Making big turns was easy enough, but fine tuning my aim was near impossible unless I made large, jerky, over-corrections.

Nu11u5
February 7 2013, 08:04:58 PM
Someone mentioned that the sensitivity controls were inverted, so take a look at that.

Mike deVoid
February 7 2013, 08:15:31 PM
Put your Move controller 'deadzone' to fucking tiny is a tip I heard.

Jack bubu
February 7 2013, 08:58:26 PM
also disable mouse smoothing

dpidcoe
February 7 2013, 09:31:14 PM
I tried it out on a friends PS3 last year and also noticed that the mouse input sucked.

Is it actually natively supporting the mouse, or just using the mouse movements to emulate analog controller input?

Nu11u5
February 7 2013, 09:48:43 PM
Considering that it's designed so that mouse control does not have a significant advantage over gamepad, probably somewhere in between.

If you are asking if plugging in a mouse and keyboard presents an emulated gamepad to the PS3, no, that's not how it works. The PS3 supports kb+m natively.

The default profile for kb+m in Dust is pretty horrible, that said, and requires tweaking to get it comfortable.

dpidcoe
February 7 2013, 10:32:53 PM
Considering that it's designed so that mouse control does not have a significant advantage over gamepad, probably somewhere in between. This sounds interesting, source?

prometheus
February 8 2013, 04:06:44 AM
I dont have any issue with the mouse whatsoever.
Only issue is framerate and the fact that because the mouse lets you move soo much faster, you overshoot :P

Also, mouse+turrets suck. I keep teh controller aroundfor those

DaneJa
February 8 2013, 04:19:55 AM
Do they separate kb+m players from the plebs like they said they were going to or did they scrap that idea?

Sponk
February 8 2013, 04:31:18 AM
I don't think so, unless I'm a lot better at this game than I thought.

prometheus
February 8 2013, 04:41:39 AM
Do they separate kb+m players from the plebs like they said they were going to or did they scrap that idea?
that would be stupid lol
kbm are native to the ps3 and chances are high that the game is going to come to PC eventually.

DaneJa
February 8 2013, 04:42:59 AM
Good, it was stupid anyway.

Thoemse
February 8 2013, 03:36:01 PM

Nope. I started and kept getting shot without a chance. And i do hate FPS + gamepad with a passion so i got a mouse that works with dust and eventho i played only 2 matches since i killed quite a few people easily.
It appears most use a mouse and the rst are food for mouse users. :P

Nu11u5
February 8 2013, 04:40:59 PM
Only use gamepad and still rank top in charts crew checking in.

I'll give kb+mouse a go this weekend, though.

DaneJa
February 8 2013, 08:39:48 PM
Tried KB+M again today and it was much better. I moved the PS3 to my desk and used a proper setup with an adjustable DPI mouse. I made the PS Move deadzone as small as possible (didn't really test to see if this actually did anything) and cranked the in game sensitivity all the way up. It's still not perfect, but very playable. I was killing fools left and right, doog tiems.

Bought a bit of gear, too. I wish we could add sights and things like that to our guns. Seems a bit ridiculous to have all this advanced HUD shit and then the gun just has iron sights.

Nu11u5
February 8 2013, 08:51:02 PM
Bought a bit of gear, too. I wish we could add sights and things like that to our guns. Seems a bit ridiculous to have all this advanced HUD shit and then the gun just has iron sights.

Weapon modifications are in development since September, but the exact design or release schedule hasn't been talked about.

DaneJa
February 8 2013, 08:56:21 PM
Good to hear. They should move damage mods to whatever slot system them implement on the guns then.

Jack bubu
February 8 2013, 09:22:14 PM
well you can use the tactical AR that one got the old scope

Nu11u5
February 8 2013, 09:23:00 PM
well you can use the tactical AR that one got the old scope
Or the Burst.

prometheus
February 8 2013, 09:45:20 PM
tac rifle has moar zoom than the burst.
I really dont want them to add attachments to weapons.

ARs don't need to be more powerful ffs