PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls V - Clearly better than DayZ

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Fachiri
November 24 2011, 06:01:41 AM
Fuck people in whiterun.
I have all this cool shit I want to sell you and none of you have any money to buy it.

Wait two days/go to another town, profit?

Tellenta
November 24 2011, 06:02:30 AM
Now, stop following me around on the forums. You said you were going to put me on ignore, please do, so I'm rid of your constant bullshit.

Ignored peoples posts no longer show up to even show if you feel like it. Had to edit my ignore list so I could read the posts of people who only post mostly inane bullshit.

Kern
November 24 2011, 06:56:00 AM
The dragons in this game are the most amazing things I've ever experienced in a game. The screeching roar that instantly makes me scan the sky, the ground-shaking flybys, the flying breath attacks...it's all so damn intense. Skyrim is so good I can't even comprehend that it was made by the same people who made Oblivion.

Mortvvs
November 24 2011, 07:09:48 AM
If you, like me, have been wandering around Skyrim looking for some big, fuck off caverns to explore, get thyself to a cave north of Winterhold College, past the skytemple ruins. There's a man who has a quest that'll take you somewhere you might like.

is that the quest

where you have to put some cube into a machine and get an elder scroll?

Ędward
November 24 2011, 07:11:47 AM
If you, like me, have been wandering around Skyrim looking for some big, fuck off caverns to explore, get thyself to a cave north of Winterhold College, past the skytemple ruins. There's a man who has a quest that'll take you somewhere you might like.

is that the quest

where you have to put some cube into a machine and get an elder scroll?

Yep.

Lexa Hellfury
November 24 2011, 07:18:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/K1qeg.jpg

Mr Marram
November 24 2011, 07:50:21 AM
The level of a given dungeon is fixed the first time you enter it. Therefore, places that you enter early in the game will always contain relatively weak enemies, even if you return to the same dungeon at the end of the game.

So yes, enemies are scaled to when you first meet them.

Stoffl
November 24 2011, 07:53:16 AM
I got a dwarf bow.
Its cool.

Elven bow > dwarf bow

So I haven't touched the main quest since I got to Whiterun and just spent a week exploring and amassing a ridiculous amount of sidequests, starting to get bored of Skyrim at level 10. Should I get back to the main quest ? Or did I just fuck myself over by going sneaky Archer.

Rans
November 24 2011, 08:04:30 AM
how the hell do you kill difficult dragons on master? elder dragons basically one shot me.

Ędward
November 24 2011, 08:22:20 AM
how the hell do you kill difficult dragons on master? elder dragons basically one shot me.

Enchanting > Alchemy > Smithing > Enchanting ... ?

omeg
November 24 2011, 08:26:42 AM
Craft/find some resist gear, makes massive difference.

Itiken
November 24 2011, 08:46:46 AM
Elven bow > dwarf bow
Nightingale Bow > Glass Bow > Elven Bow > Blah Blah Blah !

Or did I just fuck myself over by going sneaky Archer.
lvl 29 here, 80 ish archery / Sneak - mid 50's Destruction, low 40's restoration, 40's light armour. Perks in Archery / destruction / sneak / theft.
It fucking rocks. Just make sure you have some nukes for Dragons / Warriors / hairy things all teeth and claws that run at you and want to fuck your skull.

Mona
November 24 2011, 09:08:10 AM
lvl 29 here, 80 ish archery / Sneak - mid 50's Destruction, low 40's restoration, 40's light armour. Perks in Archery / destruction / sneak / theft.
It fucking rocks. Just make sure you have some nukes for Dragons / Warriors / hairy things all teeth and claws that run at you and want to fuck your skull.

Dual Destruction + impact perks.

Izo Azlion
November 24 2011, 09:19:57 AM
Got tired of my sneaky Assassin type character, walking round with two amazing swords/daggers and just 30x backstabbing things while almost invisible, and in some cases invisible with the Nightingale gift.

Restarted as a two handed Nord heavy armour wearing fucker, with no bow, only like Alteration/Illusion magic, blacksmithing and heavy weapons.

Fucking fun stuff :D

Itiken
November 24 2011, 09:34:41 AM
Interesting. I got bored of melee so went ranged :)
Though i feel now the Db / TG quests are done, i may pop back to the melee chappie for a bit, jsut to - you know - see how the other half lives.

depili
November 24 2011, 09:42:46 AM
Just finished the dark brotherhood quest line, have to say that I found it underwhelming as the thieves guild ones, oblivion had way more variation with the assassination methods available and offered other challenges than the skyrim "sneak into spot, draw arrow, shoot target in the face, walk out" -quests.

Izo Azlion
November 24 2011, 10:10:57 AM
Just finished the dark brotherhood quest line, have to say that I found it underwhelming as the thieves guild ones, oblivion had way more variation with the assassination methods available and offered other challenges than the skyrim "sneak into spot, draw arrow, shoot target in the face, walk out" -quests.

Have to agree here. Shame because I love the Dark Brotherhood. Although the armour you get from the Nightingales/Thieves is cooler. Alas.

Ashaz
November 24 2011, 10:15:49 AM

So far I agree completely.
Unscrewing the minotaur head >>>>>>> backstabbing yet another guy.
I am achtually starting to get the impression that skyrim has a very very polished surface, with alot of detailing.
But the real depth is kind of lacking compared to oblivion.
While the dungeons all LOOK different in skyrim, they in some cases FELT more different in oblivion.
What else is there in the dungeons but Deuregeuregrus and different versions of black clad humans?

Don't get me wrong. I love the game. But there are some things that are realy strating to bother me and feel like they've done a rush job in those areas.

Sneakyfool
November 24 2011, 10:22:01 AM

So far I agree completely.
Unscrewing the minotaur head >>>>>>> backstabbing yet another guy.
I am achtually starting to get the impression that skyrim has a very very polished surface, with alot of detailing.
But the real depth is kind of lacking compared to oblivion.
While the dungeons all LOOK different in skyrim, they in some cases FELT more different in oblivion.
What else is there in the dungeons but Deuregeuregrus and different versions of black clad humans?

Don't get me wrong. I love the game. But there are some things that are realy strating to bother me and feel like they've done a rush job in those areas.

Agree, but i'm starting to think there will be DLC to boost these area's like a Thieves Guild quest pack and so on.

I mean i wouldn't mind paying say £5 for another 30 dark brotherhood quests etc, but not at the expence of watering down the ammount of quests you get in a vanilla game to make dlc seem cheap in comparison.

Ędward
November 24 2011, 01:47:37 PM
Best.
Mod.
Ever.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1294

Jalif
November 24 2011, 02:37:37 PM
If I turn into a wolf @ the companions, can I still use my dragon shouts?!

Cool09
November 24 2011, 02:41:49 PM
Rolled a new character. This time no sneaking. Went heavy armor, one hand sword and conjuration. Master difficulty from the start.

As someone else noticed, you level up pretty fast on master due to fights lasting longer. Flame antronach is quite good, usually I summon it then run around like a girl until it attracts aggro. Sometimes it decides to kite enemies, which it can do easily since its stupid fast.

Still not using any companions (other than summon of course).

Trindermon
November 24 2011, 03:12:11 PM
complete Elder scrolls newb reporting in. (i have oblivion).

bought the game lastnight and so far have been having a right laugh with it. I have been trying to build a Archery/dual-Daggers/Stealth_theif type with hardly any magic use. I am begining to think that really its not viable but i might just fucking suck.

a lack of block puts me real trouble during melee fights. specially against any NPC that has a shield. I think i might start using a bit of magic, but just not perk it to help me out in these sort of situations, has anybody got any good advise for a compleate prat newb like me trying to build this type of charicter?

I guess really there is no penaltiy to using all the skills in the game as long as you only perk the main ones you care about?

Lief Siddhe
November 24 2011, 03:18:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K1qeg.jpg

do want

@ Trindermon: throw in a bit of Destruction and burn/shock/freeze the fuckers hiding behind shields, kite like a mofo

@ Jalif: you can't use dragonshouts when in werewolf form, however you have Howls (I only recently discovered this) which are essentially like nord Battlecry/Fear spell, sends enemies running from you for a couple of seconds

Ashaz
November 24 2011, 03:18:42 PM

bouhgt the game lastnight and so far have been having a right laught with it. I have been trying to build a Archery/dual-Daggers/Stealth_theif type with hardly any magic use. I am begining to thing that really its not viable but i might just fucking suck. a lack of block puts me real trouble during melee fights. specially against any NPC that has a shield.

I think i might start using a bit of magic, but just not perk it , to help me out in these sort of situations, has anybody got any good advise for a compleate prat newb like me trying to build this type of charicter?

nono. that's a perfectly viable build. Simmilar to what I play, but I use the blades primarily. Went full archer in oblivion.
Just be sneaky.
If you move faster you make more noise.
The perk you should be going for is the 3x sneaky archer damage.

oh and. eh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fxVeAVl2I8&feature=player_embedded

Rans
November 24 2011, 03:19:24 PM
I restarted as a mage, fuck melee in this game, seriously.

Jalif
November 24 2011, 03:32:27 PM
@ Jalif: you can't use dragonshouts when in werewolf form, however you have Howls (I only recently discovered this) which are essentially like nord Battlecry/Fear spell, sends enemies running from you for a couple of seconds

Sweet, so I can keep using it when I'm not in Werewolf form (just to be clear)...

Lief Siddhe
November 24 2011, 03:33:32 PM
yep

Tafkat
November 24 2011, 03:35:13 PM
I think the ebony stuff is the best looking armour in game and with heavy armour at 70something and 100 smithing and a couple of +20% smithing enchants I'm easily armour capped. No need to get the Daedric stuff with 10 million armour points since it caps out at 560 anyways.
Source on that?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor#Armor_Cap
That's a bit silly/annoying - it makes some of the non-cheesed heavy armor perks/sets kind of pointless. Oh well, so it goes.

Tafkat
November 24 2011, 03:38:22 PM

Enchanting > Alchemy > Smithing > Enchanting ... ?
You don't need to cheese it like that, but some generic resist magic enchantments on a shield/ring/amulet will make your life much easier. Also drink an appropriate resist poison when fighting them. If you have the appropriate perks for block, you can stand in front of them and bop them on the nose with your shield before they attack - it interrupts their breath/bite attack and makes them lie down for a bit so you can hit them with your sword.

Cool09
November 24 2011, 04:25:04 PM

bought the game lastnight and so far have been having a right laugh with it. I have been trying to build a Archery/dual-Daggers/Stealth_theif type with hardly any magic use. I am begining to think that really its not viable but i might just fucking suck.

a lack of block puts me real trouble during melee fights. specially against any NPC that has a shield. I think i might start using a bit of magic, but just not perk it to help me out in these sort of situations, has anybody got any good advise for a compleate prat newb like me trying to build this type of charicter?

I guess really there is no penaltiy to using all the skills in the game as long as you only perk the main ones you care about?

Don't just level everything, it will raise your overall level and thus scale the enemies higher.

Your build is viable, my sneaky char is around level 25 and isn't having any trouble at all (no companions either). Get the 3x sneak attack bow perk ASAP and use it liberally. Once you get the 15x dagger sneak attack it becomes even easier. You can raise your sneak skill by sneaking around enemies undetected, and by performing sneak attacks.

For the tough enemies that you cant sneak attack, I usually try to kite with the bow until they are low hp then charge in with daggers/swords to finish them off.

dstopia
November 24 2011, 05:20:49 PM

Are you playing on PC?

If so, don't play vanilla Oblivion, it's a ball of turds. Get at the very least Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, or if you want to go crazy, FCOM, but I'd stay away from it until you get used to modding TES games. OOO is a quick and easy installer, and makes the game much more enjoyable by fixing the retarded scaling.

If not on PC, then lol @ u noob etc

Shaikar
November 24 2011, 05:27:48 PM

I guess really there is no penaltiy to using all the skills in the game as long as you only perk the main ones you care about?Sneaky archer does work, it's just a bit dicey in the first few levels until you get some perks into archery and sneak. I had good success with using a shield for meleeing when I had to, as it adds armour for just holding it and blocking is bonus melee mitigation - even with no perks and a very low block skill.

Once you get sneak and archery up a bit you should find your damage gets to more useful levels so you spend less time in melee. Once you've done that you can try playing with dual wielding, as many "normal" things for your level that do get into melee should be on low enough health for a dual wield chop to deal with. :)

dr axler
November 24 2011, 06:12:03 PM
game needs a sex mod...all I have now is pretend necrophilia...

nsfw...
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd151/karantanija/ScreenShot2.jpg

Shaikar
November 24 2011, 06:17:43 PM
game needs a sex mod...all I have now is pretend necrophilia...

nsfw...
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd151/karantanija/ScreenShot2.jpgI'm afraid to ask what you were expecting to find in there.

Sofia Roseburn
November 24 2011, 06:38:56 PM
What the fuck. (http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-skyrim-teaching-your-children-how-to-perform-rim-jobs-and-other-homo-erotic-sex-maneuvers/)

Smuggo
November 24 2011, 06:44:46 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/387729_281456678563277_100000968405144_798603_9625 17727_n.jpg

dr axler
November 24 2011, 06:45:58 PM
What the fuck. (http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-skyrim-teaching-your-children-how-to-perform-rim-jobs-and-other-homo-erotic-sex-maneuvers/)

its too much, so gonna go with fake. Just another troll...

Loire
November 24 2011, 06:46:41 PM

It's a fake review by a fake site dear.

Lancehot
November 24 2011, 06:50:53 PM
The comments justify the fakeness, though

Izo Azlion
November 24 2011, 06:51:11 PM
Blatant troll is blatant, its actually quite funny.

Sofia Roseburn
November 24 2011, 06:52:06 PM
To be fair, as with all these fake things, I know people that are that retarded to make it true.

I also skim read, what the fucked, and posted as an automatic reaction.

So bad.

depili
November 24 2011, 06:54:09 PM

Confirming that my cat has turned completely gay while watching me play skyrim.

Mr Marram
November 24 2011, 07:05:16 PM
Best Pie chart ever c/d ?
http://christwire.org/wp-content/uploads/Untitled-130.jpg

Chrien
November 24 2011, 07:28:28 PM
After 105hrs invested in my first character I've rerolled. My second hero is a battlemage, Conjuration (Bound sword!!), light armour, no shield. Playing all on master. So far I've somehow managed to live to level 12, done the main quest up to the Greymanes. Its great playing when its difficult again, trolls and bears scare the shit out of me and the Sabrecat on the way up to Hrothgar basically one hit me and it was awesome.

Recommend the following mods highly:
Realistic water textures (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=711)
FXAA Post Processor Injector (with Roam's config big +1 to that) (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=131)
4GB Skyrim (reduced my rare CTDs to 0) (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013)
Armor improvement (higher res armour textures) (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=106)
Dragon Bone Weight Reduction (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=798)
More Difficult Dragons (increases Dragon health and Stamina, Dragons can now beat Mammoths!!) (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1059)

ctrlchris
November 24 2011, 08:07:42 PM
I killed the dragon at skytop altar.
Piece of piss mate.

Mangala Solaris
November 24 2011, 08:26:06 PM
Fucking Louis Letrush.

Steal a bloody horse for him and he is nowhere to be found.

Lancehot
November 24 2011, 09:11:31 PM
Fucking Louis Letrush.

I found him.

Cool09
November 24 2011, 10:15:52 PM
Fucking Louis Letrush.

Follow the quest marker, its a little jog outside town.

If you get the right ending for the quest you can bug him so that multiple, unkillable copies of him show up in whiterun. Doog times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rMCijlTmxs

This man of mystery is also a kung-fu master!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACxtmYRkLOk

Phrixus Zephyr
November 24 2011, 10:17:40 PM
Playing as a sneaky bow fag to kiting, one handed sword wielding, destructo-spell off-hand, jack of all trades, master of fuck all.

Lvl 19 and still wearing novice robes and fur boots you get in the first 20 minutes. Have a pile of smithing crap and jewelry at my digs because i still havn't decided what i want to wear or to skill in besides how i kill people.

In other news, i found a glow bug in a glass jar and took it home and it's now sitting on a draw top.

Ashaz
November 24 2011, 10:28:43 PM
This man of mystery is also a kung-fu master!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACxtmYRkLOk

I love how the bear just stares at him like "What the fuck?"

Me
November 25 2011, 12:27:39 AM
that site is the best site ever

http://christwire.org/2011/11/our-blacks-are-so-much-better-than-their-blacks/

Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks

Kanv
November 25 2011, 12:39:19 AM

Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their BlacksThat's a troll site

Mr Marram
November 25 2011, 12:39:52 AM

Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks

Maybe try the day thread.

Me
November 25 2011, 12:41:01 AM
Thanks for that Cpt. Obvious. Doesn't mean it's not funny.

Valtis
November 25 2011, 12:57:09 AM
Does the khajiit unarmed bonus go away if I have gloves on? If not, I need to try comedy heavy armor khajiit punching stuff to death.

tulip
November 25 2011, 01:06:08 AM
Does the khajiit unarmed bonus go away if I have gloves on? If not, I need to try comedy heavy armor khajiit punching stuff to death.

"The Khajiit Claws racial bonus to unarmed damage stacks with the Heavy Armor perk, Fists of Steel. It also stacks with weapons with unarmed damage increases, like the Fist's of the Pugilist." (unofficial wiki, usually right)

And I think I read somewhere the bonus damage isn't effected by the armour value hard cap either, so yeah go nuts.

Chrien
November 25 2011, 02:47:31 AM
Roam do you know which setting in the FXAA injection mod is responsible for making the Sun Glare so overbearing? I've actually stopped using the mod because the sky is basically ruined by it.

Kransthow
November 25 2011, 03:12:57 AM
It doesn't and it's actually EFFECTIVE

Zilulil
November 25 2011, 03:19:27 AM
There is a cap on unarmed damage tho. I think it's something like 61 for a Khajiit? The heavy armor unarmed talent only takes into account base armor on the gloves.

Dr.Boomtown
November 25 2011, 03:34:04 AM
jumpin on the this shits OP bandwagon.

got conjuring to level 100 so now i can summon 2 demora lords who just stomp every cunt and his dog. set them against 3 mammoths and 2 giants and they came out ready for more

RazoR
November 25 2011, 03:40:32 AM
I cried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFIZfuDLEy8

omeg
November 25 2011, 07:52:25 AM
Awesome :D

Ędward
November 25 2011, 08:01:43 AM
How are people finding the game for vram?

I've 'only' got a 1Mb gtx460 pushing a 30" screen and I found that the FXAA mod with Preset 1 was causing noticeable jerkiness. Uninstalled the mod and I was back to smooth skyrimming.

NvidiaInspector was reporting 99% GPU use and ~80% memory use with FXAA and about the same (99% & 75-80%) without it.

Lexa Hellfury
November 25 2011, 08:55:13 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/387729_281456678563277_100000968405144_798603_9625 17727_n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Pxwp7.jpg

RazoR
November 25 2011, 09:53:13 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Pxwp7.jpgCan't even imagine how much dick this blows on an xbox.

I spent like four hours reading mods and shit to make this tolerable. Well, pretty at least.

TZeer
November 25 2011, 10:28:17 AM
How are people finding the game for vram?

I've 'only' got a 1Mb gtx460 pushing a 30" screen and I found that the FXAA mod with Preset 1 was causing noticeable jerkiness. Uninstalled the mod and I was back to smooth skyrimming.

NvidiaInspector was reporting 99% GPU use and ~80% memory use with FXAA and about the same (99% & 75-80%) without it.

Cant check atm @ work.

But from own experiences in other games: People going on about that you dont need more then 1gb VRAM on the graphic card on 1900x1200 can go suck a dick. I`m running a GTX 580 with 1,5gb. And I have seen it at 1,3-1,4 quite often. Thats at 1920x1200 btw.

Rans
November 25 2011, 10:40:18 AM
I play on a 256mb video card :V

Also can you fight dragons before the first encounter near whiterun? I was looking through some papers and found the location of a dragon, went there, no dragon, do I need to kill the 1st one to find others? Also I got vampirism at lvl1, fml.

ps, am i the only one thinking that eating and playing games is disgusting?

Stoffl
November 25 2011, 10:43:09 AM
Go to temple/shrine and get cured, nbd ?

Rans
November 25 2011, 10:46:52 AM
wait is it that easy to get rid of vampirism?

Smuggo
November 25 2011, 10:48:40 AM
wait is it that easy to get rid of vampirism?

The first stage of vampirism is a basic disease, and cure disease gets rid of it. Note, this is the stage before you actually become a vampire.

Once you are actually a vampire then the process of getting cured is generally done through a quest (though I'd hope it's not as horribly bugged in Skyrim as it was in Oblivion).

Rans
November 25 2011, 10:49:36 AM
oh, I'll let the disease run it's course, I loved the Get a cure for Vampirism quest in Oblivion.

firefoxx80
November 25 2011, 11:04:49 AM
Ever since I passed level 20, I seem to get uberraped in every dungeon I go in to (mini bosses at end of each dungeon). Any tips? I don't mind respeccing.

Ędward
November 25 2011, 11:12:29 AM
Ever since I passed level 20, I seem to get uberraped in every dungeon I go in to (mini bosses at end of each dungeon). Any tips? I don't mind respeccing.

Kite them with traps or use potions to buff your magicka/mana high enough to summon a tough creature to tank for you. (Assuming u no mage).

Edit: Like most AI's they will only follow you so far and there seems to be a point that they will stand at and just shake their fist at you. Exploit this?

Aramendel
November 25 2011, 11:29:50 AM
ps, am i the only one thinking that eating and playing games is disgusting?

Depends. The typical result of it (icky keyboard of crumbly death) is pretty ...well... icky. But in general..why? As long as you are careful not to produce the aforementioned result I see no problem with it.

Redclaws
November 25 2011, 11:31:48 AM
Your average keyboard has more germs than your average toiletseat, or so they say.

For me personally, I don't mind too much since they were my germs to start with :p

Calgus
November 25 2011, 11:34:51 AM
Don't mind as long as the fuck isn't eating and talking on microphone at the same time, or shudder has microphone sound activated at a high sensitivity

Alistair
November 25 2011, 11:49:10 AM
Can you be a Vampire Werewolf?

Smuggo
November 25 2011, 11:49:45 AM
I used to chain-smoke at my keyboard so a few food crumbs in there is no big deal compared to the horrible state of my desk before I quit.

stormyfs-shitpoastin
November 25 2011, 11:50:40 AM
Can you be a Vampire Werewolf?
No, both diseases 'cure' each other.

Roam
November 25 2011, 11:59:22 AM
Roam do you know which setting in the FXAA injection mod is responsible for making the Sun Glare so overbearing? I've actually stopped using the mod because the sky is basically ruined by it.

Hm, loaded up my game to compare this, but I don't seem to have any overbearing sun glare that is wildly different to the default.. I'll look in the settings again, but atm I'm not quite sure what could be causing that. Are you using my settings from a few pages back? Do you have any other mods that affect the skies or sun?

Stoffl
November 25 2011, 12:05:56 PM
TMA: Essential Skyrim mods to improve visuals that won't crash/break the game

RazoR
November 25 2011, 12:09:55 PM
TMA: Essential Skyrim mods to improve visuals that won't crash/break the gamehttp://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11
Very cool "compilation", everything's working flawlessly and now my shitrim at least is pretty. 2 hours well spent.
4gb allowance (http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013), you will CTD alot w/o it.

So, ummm, how do you grab stuff like buckets? I remember it was Z in olbivion.
And how do you manage your horse? Don't really going to rename that piece of shit, just want it to come back to be after it runs away from enemies.
P.S.: Fuck random fire mages attacking me in wilderness while i skill up my blocking/restoration with a lone bandit archer.

depili
November 25 2011, 12:15:03 PM
I play on a 256mb video card :V

Also can you fight dragons before the first encounter near whiterun? I was looking through some papers and found the location of a dragon, went there, no dragon, do I need to kill the 1st one to find others? Also I got vampirism at lvl1, fml.

You need to progress in the main quest until the first scripted dragon fight for any dragons to appear. Also just drink a potion of cure disease or visit a temple in the 7 or so days before you turn into a real vampire..

and FML, was one page behind the conversation so this all has been said already.

RazoR
November 25 2011, 12:20:11 PM
So i sense the real problem with all the combat is the character level system. Chasm between a 1lvl noob and 10 level "midgame" char is so big it turns any bandit or undead into minor nuisance.
First time i met a troll i was at 13 or so with flawless steelplate and skyforge greatsword and just went BOOYAH. 5 seconds later the faggot is dead.
Same goes for the first unscripted dragon that attacked me outside of whiterun. While he was flying around spewing fire (like a real dragon would do) i suffered alot but then he decided to bite me and died from steel poisoning.

3rd difficulty setting, what a piece of unbalanced shit.

Still better than oblivion but they need to find a compromise already.

Rami
November 25 2011, 12:48:34 PM
Up the difficulty a bit mate, at Adept stuff does get quite easy. Expert will draw out fights and bigger stuff gets a bit tastier. On Master, unless you got some of the powergame gear you're going to be putting more effort into just killing a bunch of frost wolves let alone a dragon.

For example, on Adept my mage with decent resists could just stand there and take a frost dragon's breath in the face whilst i blasted his ass off the mountainside. On Master the same dragon (reloaded my quicksave to check the diff) did one breath on me, took me to like 5% health in a few seconds before I could hide from it then promptly ATE me. Had to use cover after that, even with the resists, you need to stagger them like a motherfucker and they seem to be able to resist the 'impact' stagger more often now.

Should get a mod to stop dragons from staggering tbh.

dstopia
November 25 2011, 12:57:26 PM
Should get a mod to stop dragons from staggering tbh.

They should fix stunlocking period. The thing is without stunlocking you're pretty much SOL as a pure mage without conjuration and/or followers. Mage armor is cool but only useful to prevent dual-wielding bandits from OHKO'ing you.

WITH stunlocking AND conjuration AND followers, shit gets easy though.

Itiken
November 25 2011, 12:59:33 PM
guiz - guize - I hear if you powerlevel smithing / enchanting etc the game gets unbalanced.
news at fucking 11.
:facepalm:

Intigo
November 25 2011, 01:15:43 PM
RazoR is a stupid fuck.

Sandzibar
November 25 2011, 01:30:03 PM
awww leave RazoR alone :(

we've not had a balance discussion in this thread for at least 2 pages now... its probably due. again.

orcane
November 25 2011, 01:58:35 PM
The first dragon I absorbed after Whiterun was one that attacked the mage college. I was in a conversation with the "hurr durr I R SO UBER" guy and in the background I saw the other NPCs starting to run around and cast spells, and wondered WTF, why are they fighting. Interrupted conversation and kablammo, dead dragon falls to my feet. What?

The next ones were harder... :oops:

Fitzy
November 25 2011, 02:50:30 PM

Well at that level i only had steel armour so it was fine for me.

Maybe you need to stop being a retard and use one of the two difficulty levels above the one you're currently playing?

mobiusnm
November 25 2011, 03:12:49 PM
It doesn't and it's actually EFFECTIVE

My main playthrough is kitteh on Master, kung fu/sneaky mage. Even without fists of steel, your damage is amazing for first 7-10 levels (on master). I know none of the sneak perks increase unarmed sneaks, but I wonder is some of the dual wield perks might. Either way, the unarmed is not my primary dmg, its a great way to finish mobs without leveling another skill and the "finishers" are the most orgasmic experience in this game for me :)

As for dragons on master, you neeeeeed resists. The fist dragon was the absoloute hardest for me, you def have to prepare for them until you get some base resists from potions. I just found a stone that gave me 25% magic resist and 50 armor, which is what Im running with right now. Some mage notes:
-There is no armor penalty for spell cost (I saw it mentioned waaay back), but robes have very powerful effects that cannot be enchanted onto chests to the same degree.
-Expert+ destro spells are really inefficient, I havn't perked into destruction other than +50% fire
-Illusion and conjuration are my main 2 trees, illusion perks make your spells work on any non-boss mobs and the silent casting perk lets you wreak havoc on towns/ or enemies with no retribution... Conjuration.... yeah 2 dremora lords bend over dragon princes. Storm atronarchs are great for dragons since lightning doesnt miss.

In terms of OP shit, the two main things that bug me is that leveling caps out around 50ish unless you start using skills you dont normally use. Meaning you stay fairly powerful (you dont have all the perks you want but you have plenty to kick serious ass) and improve your gear while the mobs dont get stronger. Still, stacking crafting doesnt bug me as much as just how easily it can be accomplished and how easy all the crafting skills level. Being an open sandbox game, you should be able to strive for godliness, but should require max level/lot of time.

RazoR
November 25 2011, 03:14:36 PM

Well at that level i only had steel armour so it was fine for me.

Maybe you need to stop being a retard and use one of the two difficulty levels above the one you're currently playing?

It actually was the 4th (expert). Got raped shortly afterwards with a shieldbashing bandit.

Stoffl
November 25 2011, 06:01:27 PM
TMA: Essential Skyrim mods to improve visuals that won't crash/break the gamehttp://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11
Very cool "compilation", everything's working flawlessly and now my shitrim at least is pretty. 2 hours well spent.
4gb allowance (http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013), you will CTD alot w/o it.

So, ummm, how do you grab stuff like buckets? I remember it was Z in olbivion.
And how do you manage your horse? Don't really going to rename that piece of shit, just want it to come back to be after it runs away from enemies.
P.S.: Fuck random fire mages attacking me in wilderness while i skill up my blocking/restoration with a lone bandit archer.

Keep E pressed to pick up stuff.

Fast travel somewhere to get your horse back.

orcane
November 25 2011, 09:02:26 PM
Ragdolls + "pick up" = every few fights I spend minutes to arrange corpses in interesting ways... :oops:

Istvaan
November 25 2011, 10:09:32 PM
Ragdolls + "pick up" = every few fights I spend minutes to arrange corpses in interesting ways... :oops:

I leave mounds of the dead to mark my passage. Spot a mound? Been here recently. No mound? Better find some building materials...

Alistair
November 25 2011, 10:26:25 PM
Damn Dragons.

Fly round, never land, can't hit you with my arrows.

Stand there a sec.

Shake head, walk away.

Leave Dragon to play NASCAR loop -da loop by his lonesome if he's not in the mood to come down and fight then.

Chrien
November 25 2011, 10:37:02 PM

Hm, loaded up my game to compare this, but I don't seem to have any overbearing sun glare that is wildly different to the default.. I'll look in the settings again, but atm I'm not quite sure what could be causing that. Are you using my settings from a few pages back? Do you have any other mods that affect the skies or sun?

Basically I'm finding if I look at the sky its incrediably bright, so its not sun glare exactly. It seems that theres something that reduces the overbearing brightness when you stop moving (some sort of focus?) but having now had a good look this occurs with or without the FXAA, its just with FXAA its alot more noticable.

Tellenta
November 25 2011, 10:53:18 PM

I challenge you to recreate stonehedge.

Nartek
November 26 2011, 12:33:02 AM

I challenge you to recreate stonehedge.

Sticky skulls would be awesome.

Being able to learn trap designs and implement them into your own home would be fun.

Re: Glare/bloom effect- I get that, but it drops fairly quickly back to ambient. Usually when shifting my view from a dark area to a light one. (get a shadow bloom when I do the opposite as well). Could be that transition effect is broken somehow?

fig
November 26 2011, 12:41:21 AM
Y U DOWNLOAD SO SLOW SKYRIM

FatFreddy
November 26 2011, 01:40:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wvirj.png

Mortvvs
November 26 2011, 01:56:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wvirj.png

oh god, i laughed so hard

Fachiri
November 26 2011, 02:26:52 AM
http://www.gamebanshee.com/skyrim/mapofskyrim.php#null

Holy shit I have so much to discover.

spasm
November 26 2011, 02:44:50 AM

It seems there is two cities I've never even visited yet.

dstopia
November 26 2011, 03:08:53 AM
I discovered Blackreach.

I just... wow. Skyrim's graphics might not be the best, but they sure do have some of the best environment designers in the business. I think I've never ever seen a place like that in any game I've ever played.

Then I promptly managed to get myself lost for the first time in the game. Holy shit.

Silenos Lakedaimon
November 26 2011, 09:37:28 AM
so, atm doing the daedric quests. so far i like them :)

anyone else had the bug with the oghma infinium not disappearing after use? i placed it in a bookshelf, and now i can use it as much as i want, i have to say, it is tempting -.-

Kaianna
November 26 2011, 10:10:23 AM

Fuck me...I thought I was doing really well on the exploring.
Turns out, not so much.

Roam
November 26 2011, 11:10:01 AM
For anyone who has done the imperial/stormcloak quests, does siding with the imperials equal siding with the thalmor? Because I'm kinda conflicted: As a khajit the stormcloaks hate my guts, but the thalmors are massive douchebags that I don't want to ally myself with. Thoughts?

Smuggo
November 26 2011, 11:57:04 AM
For anyone who has done the imperial/stormcloak quests, does siding with the imperials equal siding with the thalmor? Because I'm kinda conflicted: As a khajit the stormcloaks hate my guts, but the thalmors are massive douchebags that I don't want to ally myself with. Thoughts?

Haven't done the whole thing but I haven't seen any kind of Thalmor sympathising so far. I think the Legion hate them just as much as the Nords, they just realise they need to go along with the White-Gold Concordat until the empire is stronger.

tulip
November 26 2011, 12:01:39 PM

Same problem, start of the game I assumed I would be full on VIVA LA REVOLUTION! Simply because of the two factions one had tried to murder me and I had escaped a dragon attack with the leader of the other, but when I caught up with Ulfric it turns out he's a pretty ungrateful xenophobic bigot representing the ignorant masses and his main reason for the rebellion has muddied up from "Our men died in war and weak imperial's sued for peace anyway" to a pretty shitty religious "we don't like the terms of the treaty because no more hero-worshipping talos". It's a pretty impressive feat from a computer game to make me actually sit and consider who I'm for, even challenging my initial assumptions, it's usually nazi's Vs hippies at it's most subtle in the industry.

So as a elf mage I guess I'm going to have to surprise myself and go imperial, other less ideological contributing factors include "they have a nicer capital", Romans vs locals success rate and the "curious, would commanding officer marry me and if so, keep fancy dress on in bed?"

You can always just make a nord barbarian equip him only with ancient nord gear smithed up name him conan and go full on fight the power on another play through. Does your claim of dovakiin mean that if the revolution succeeds you get to supplant Ulfric as leader? As in will he accept the same challenge the previous high king did only to be out dragon shouted?

Stormscion
November 26 2011, 12:17:49 PM
Only 21 lvl but safe to say its best SP game in last few years ( from person that thinks that oblivion was overhyped shit ).

Worst part of the game UI ... worst ever designed console crap UI on my PC ... its so sad and crippling.

Also i am wood elf and i have to say i regret siding with stormcloaks on this char it just makes no sense to help that dickhead ulfric

Istvaan
November 26 2011, 12:32:11 PM
Hmm. I don't really want to side with Ulfric either.

The first major city I encountered after the game began, was Whiterun. It was also the first city I formed an attachment to when I became Thane. Once I traveled a bit, I realized it was also the nicest looking city. Peaceful, no crime, good strong high walls.

What do I hear upon first entering Ulfric's shitty castle? His supervillain-monologue on how Whiterun must be invaded and crushed, and its Jarl brought to knees, as an example of any who would stand against the Stormcloaks.

Yeah, not really feeling sympathetic to your cause, Ulf-DICK.

orcane
November 26 2011, 01:21:08 PM
Since I don't have time to play this enough, let alone start another character: Does the beginning give you any choices or is that just fake? I noticed when I was escaping from the first dragon that I eventually completed the objective "escape to keep with imperial guy or rebel guy", do I actually get to pick which guy guides me out there?

Personally I first followed the rebel after I broke free, then the soldier guided me through some part of the collapsing town, and eventually I ended up in the keep with the rebel again and had to kill a handful of imperials on the way out. It was kind of chaotic and I just followed whoever shouted the loudest, but the quest was worded like I could have chosen to follow the soldier into the keep too.

Haven't decided which major side to follow for now, because of holyshitsomanyquests.

Brisi
November 26 2011, 01:41:40 PM
I pretty much expected to go "Fuck yeah Stormcloaks!" too when I started the game, but it's a genuine dilemma for me since my Dunmer thief and all her kin are absolutely loathed in Windhelm. So for now she just doesn't care, and is content to rip everyone off equally.

Alistair
November 26 2011, 01:41:57 PM
Since I don't have time to play this enough, let alone start another character: Does the beginning give you any choices or is that just fake? I noticed when I was escaping from the first dragon that I eventually completed the objective "escape to keep with imperial guy or rebel guy", do I actually get to pick which guy guides me out there?

Personally I first followed the rebel after I broke free, then the soldier guided me through some part of the collapsing town, and eventually I ended up in the keep with the rebel again and had to kill a handful of imperials on the way out. It was kind of chaotic and I just followed whoever shouted the loudest, but the quest was worded like I could have chosen to follow the soldier into the keep too.

Haven't decided which major side to follow for now, because of holyshitsomanyquests.

YEs, you get a choice. At the very end of the "RUN! DRAGON!" portion, when you're standing out front of the Keep, you get the choice: Go with the Rebel through one keep door, or go with the Imperial through the other keep door.

If you go with the rebel (as you did) it plays out as you did.

If you go with the Imperial, you kill stormcloaks in the keep, and the Imperial escorts you through the keep, out the back, and down into Whiterun, where you meet different people (same charcaters, just different dialog) related to the Imperial, not those related to the Stormcloak guy.

But neither choice eliminates future choises far as I know.

orcane
November 26 2011, 01:46:52 PM
Ah that's nice to know, I figure I rushed things a little in this segment of the game. Killing the annoying captain bitch was worth going with Rolaf (?) though.

I pretty much expected to go "Fuck yeah Stormcloaks!" too when I started the game, but it's a genuine dilemma for me since my Dunmer thief and all her kin are absolutely loathed in Windhelm. So for now she just doesn't care, and is content to rip everyone off equally.
As a Breton somewhat-of-a-mage character it's hard to sympathize with "boo magic, GTFO pest!" Nords and at the same time imperials seem weak-sauce too so I'll just help neither for now \o/

Ędward
November 26 2011, 02:08:19 PM
If you're conflicted about which side to back in the civil war then just invoke some alternate universe quantum uncertainty. Use the console to create a few named saves (~save"Rebel Scum"/~save"Sneering Imperialists" etc) and play them through separately while RP'ing to your hearts content - especially since the civil war is just a side quest.

Also, nuke Thalmor. You know it's the right thing to do.

EDIT: Lvl 35 and suddenly Drugger Deathlords are the kings of alpha. One shout: one kill. :ohnoes:

depili
November 26 2011, 02:14:30 PM
so, atm doing the daedric quests. so far i like them :)

anyone else had the bug with the oghma infinium not disappearing after use? i placed it in a bookshelf, and now i can use it as much as i want, i have to say, it is tempting -.-

Well IMO the best daedric quests were in morrowind so far, they were longer and way harder to do, most memorable being the Sheogorath quest, where you first had to travel to one corner of the world to pick up a cursed fork that did like 1-2 damage and had constant powerful drain magica enchantment, then you had to go to another corner of the world to kill a giant floating monster with the said fork...

Ashaz
November 26 2011, 02:21:00 PM
Cloaks vs imperials. I pretty much had the same story. "Cloak guys seem to be the obvious choi...wait what did you call me? WTF!? EAT MY FIST you racist bastard! You surender? have a dagger! *Stab stab stab*

...so yea. I'm now an assassin type who doesn't realy like to side with anyone :P

Shaikar
November 26 2011, 02:30:24 PM
The stormcloaks don't seem to mind orcs that much. The worst thing I've got from them was some moaning about the orc strongholds slowly colonising the west and making a mess and that was prefaced by a "I quite like orcs but..."

That doesn't really help me choose though, as the stormcloaks do seem to be hell bent on being bellends to everyone else whilst the empire couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery any more. :p

spasm
November 26 2011, 02:33:15 PM
The stormcloaks just seem like ignorant rednecks with guns and beer(swords and mead).

I get the feeling the empire feels like this trying to keep itself together against the aldmer.

http://i.imgur.com/FmoF7.gif

Eard
November 26 2011, 03:02:46 PM
Joined stormcloaks with new elven mage because he just wants to create as much chaos and death as possible. After the initial why does elf want to join convo, they've been cool, and I get to LIGHTNING BOLT. LIGHTNING BOLT. LIGHTNING BOLT. every guard I see

Ędward
November 26 2011, 03:09:37 PM
...I get to LIGHTNING BOLT. LIGHTNING BOLT. LIGHTNING BOLT...

Phew, I was afraid it was just me. :)

Rans
November 26 2011, 03:21:52 PM
So I'm playing a Vampire Orc Battlemage that only quests during the day. So hardcore :V Started the Mages Guild and I'm going to stop feeding just to see how bad vampirism gets, I'm already getting messages like "Blood-Hungry Vampire, people fear and hate you" and so on. I'm quite bored of caves though, I spend too much time underground, I'd much rather spend more time overground exploring stuff.

Raimo
November 26 2011, 05:10:11 PM
Confirming Skyforge shit is OP, base damage higher than Daedric weapons.

Uhh.. what? Is is slightly better than Dwarven, but worse than Ebony and Deadric.

However, Skyforge has a massive MASSIVE disadvantage - it cannot be upgraded. Which makes even normal steel almost as good or better if you have decent smithing. My upgraded dwarven weapons were definately superior to skyforge.

Dunno what you're on about, I have upgraded and enchanted skyforge weapons.

Aramendel
November 26 2011, 05:24:06 PM
How? I tried to do that with steel which did not work.

omeg
November 26 2011, 06:31:45 PM
You need to augment your smithing 8-)

depili
November 26 2011, 06:44:20 PM
Use grindstone, select item, look at what is needed; get that and upgrade...

Lancehot
November 26 2011, 07:20:20 PM
So I'm playing a Vampire Orc Battlemage that only quests during the day. So hardcore :V Started the Mages Guild and I'm going to stop feeding just to see how bad vampirism gets, I'm already getting messages like "Blood-Hungry Vampire, people fear and hate you" and so on. I'm quite bored of caves though, I spend too much time underground, I'd much rather spend more time overground exploring stuff.

The thing I've liked about some of the larger caves/ruins in Skyrim is that they have parts where you've been crawling through tunnels before coming out to a big open space full of awesome scenery, added to by your companion going "I've never seen anything like that before" or "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Roam
November 26 2011, 08:03:28 PM
Okay, it took me a long time to get my Destruction up high enough (lvl 46 now with 65 Destruction), but the higher level spells are FUN. For anyone who got bored with archery/sword and board, try a mage character. I'm having a ton of fun casting a wall of fiery death on the walls, floor and ceilings and see my enemies burn in shrieking agony. B)

Rans
November 26 2011, 08:06:29 PM
the vampire cure quest is such a disappointment.

Borgh
November 26 2011, 08:08:12 PM
For the people who got into Blackreach: Fus-do-rah at that orange glowing ball above the Debate hall, preferably from a distance. It is worth it, I promise.

Roam
November 26 2011, 08:49:53 PM
Also, the ATI 11.11 drivers seem to work kinda sketchy with Skyrim.. My performance suddenly dropped whenever I move the mouse anywhere on the y-axis, which is odd as hell. Seems to be a hotfix available that supposedly boosts skyrim performance compared to 11.10, going to try that now. Will report back, but I'd stick with 11.10 for now if I were you.

ctrlchris
November 26 2011, 09:15:56 PM
Where in riften is the theives guild.
I cruised around last and couldnt find it. I did get lost in the underground pub though.

Roam
November 26 2011, 09:18:16 PM
Where in riften is the theives guild.
I cruised around last and couldnt find it. I did get lost in the underground pub though.

Just added a subtle hint there.

Protip: Turns out they don't randomly say "Sup, we're the thieves guild" to outsiders. If only there were some dude in the main tavern above ground that needed help with something so you can win their trust...

ctrlchris
November 26 2011, 09:35:02 PM
hahaohwow.jpg

Im so bad.

Jason Marshall
November 26 2011, 11:02:55 PM
http://cheezfailbooking.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-facebook-fails-skyrim-girlfriend-for-the-win.jpg

Nartek
November 26 2011, 11:45:25 PM
If you happen to be restarting, and wander into Solitude, don't bother running down next to the first house in sneak mode and trying to rain death on the imperials getting ready to behead that quasi cutscene guy. Soon as you kill one, the others go "fuck it" and stabbity-ize the guy anyway.

I have been having a grand time intercepting imperial patrols escorting prisoners. Delay one long enough to slit his throat without getting caught, loot all his shit, then sneak up and cut loose and offload all the imperial shit on he guy, then sit back and watch the show.

Silenos Lakedaimon
November 27 2011, 03:48:32 AM
well, what can i say, even with my lvl 57 archer/smith/alchemist/enchanter dragons get kind of hairy if you start fighting them without armor :)

Ędward
November 27 2011, 04:13:37 AM
Okay, it took me a long time to get my Destruction up high enough (lvl 46 now with 65 Destruction), but the higher level spells are FUN. For anyone who got bored with archery/sword and board, try a mage character. I'm having a ton of fun casting a wall of fiery death on the walls, floor and ceilings and see my enemies burn in shrieking agony. B)

Wait until you get the spells that only unlock once you hit 100. Think fire/frost AOE doomsdays and Thor's own firehose of lightning awesomeness. They're quite situational though as they have a long cast time and you can't move while using them. Oh, and knockbacks break them too. :(

Intigo
November 27 2011, 05:15:38 AM
http://cheezfailbooking.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-facebook-fails-skyrim-girlfriend-for-the-win.jpg

please stop posting faggoty faggot shit, thanks

Jason Marshall
November 27 2011, 05:18:16 AM

please stop posting faggoty faggot shit, thanks

nop.

Kransthow
November 27 2011, 05:23:59 AM
http://onebit.us/x/i/593586008219401345.jpg
http://1bi.us/6d3
Goddamit Paarthurnax stop sending me letters anonymously, I know it's you.

tHornton
November 27 2011, 05:33:26 AM
LOL
"you caused a bit of a stir in the throat of the world when you demonstrated your thu'um"

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Jason Marshall
November 27 2011, 05:52:35 AM
LOL
"you caused a bit of a stir in the throat of the world when you demonstrated your thu'um"

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
A bunch of monks on the top of a mountain practicing their throats?

Kransthow
November 27 2011, 05:57:02 AM
LOL

A bunch of monks on the top of a mountain practicing their throats?
:bethesda:

evil edna
November 27 2011, 12:26:13 PM
im a lizard in a robe that casts firebolts, and this doesnt seem to cause people any surprise

spasm
November 27 2011, 12:44:32 PM
im a lizard in a robe that casts firebolts, and this doesnt seem to cause people any surprise

Racism towards lizard people.

Nicholai Pestot
November 27 2011, 01:56:11 PM

Racism towards lizard people.

Goddamn driggers, burning our wimmenz.

Fara
November 27 2011, 02:11:13 PM
Heya fellas :)

After playing around with a thief class, which I liked a lot at the start and not so much anymore, I'm rolling pure mage now. I've put all my perks into destro so far, and am level 15. Now Im deciding which 2nd branch i want to put perks in. I've seen a lot of people here going for restoration, but i don't find myself healing so much during fights. I just read it has some nice absorb shields which you cast and then absorb dmg while you can still go on casting stuff with both hands. + some nice passive perks like +manareg +emergencyheal. I've seen that alteration has some nice passive bonuses as well and some cool stuff like paralyze. Conjuration.. sounds like a good aid in bossfights when you can conjure some atronarch to tank some dmg. How about enchanting? I can only do s hitty enchants right now but I think it will be very worthwhile to have it later on.

Any tips?
Much appreciated

Voulture
November 27 2011, 02:40:11 PM
I pretty much main destro while lvling up Enchanting/Alchemy and Restoration as well. Usually you don't need anythimg else to win fight, Conjuration is amazingly strong and would turn most of your fights into a joke. Alteration is pretty bad, to get some cool spells you need to lvl up skill so high...

Rans
November 27 2011, 03:44:48 PM
Conjuration/Destro is terribly overpowered. Add a bit of alchemy and enchanting and you are a Deathstar without a weakness, you can just obliterate everything without any issues.

orcane
November 27 2011, 06:05:16 PM
The only reason why that would be overpowered is the conjuration part, your daedra summons or w/e profit from weapon scaling but destruction is pretty gimped once content outscales your spells. Compared to the overpowered state of physical weapons and abused enchanting/smithing that is.

elmicker
November 27 2011, 06:06:25 PM
Doing the imperial questiline at level 45. First reward? Daedric sword of fire, hooray! Second reward? Banded iron shield. Third? Banded iron armor. Last one? Some enchanted ebony nonsense.

Not impressed.

Wootness
November 27 2011, 08:19:45 PM
Slightly let down by the fact that there are some pretty big game breaking bugs in the main quest that make it unplayable. Kind of sucks having to miss some of the dialogue because you have to use a console command to bypass some weird bug. Eh whatever at least I'm not playing on a 360...

sarabando
November 27 2011, 08:42:28 PM
"here take this sword as a symbol of your new rank" recived dwarven shield ........the fuck?

spasm
November 27 2011, 09:12:03 PM
"here take this sword as a symbol of your new rank" recived dwarven shield ........the fuck?

sharp corners.

Voulture
November 27 2011, 09:13:20 PM
Can you wear 2 shields in the same moment? Dualwielding shields, block you to death. Sounds like awesome idea.

sarabando
November 27 2011, 09:14:33 PM
dual shield bash?

Istvaan
November 27 2011, 09:16:08 PM
Lydia in heavily enchanted legendary Ebony, wielding Dawnbreaker (a daedric quest sword that makes undead EXPLODE)

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj235/hellgremlin/PimpedLydia.jpg

Kaianna
November 27 2011, 09:30:26 PM
So, I went pure mage (in robes), and just finished Mage College quests.

I now have a Dragon Mask that is +100% Mana regen, archmage robes that are extra mana and +100% regen, amulet and ring that add another +100 mana, and restoration perks adding another +50% regen.

I literally can minigun fireballs and never run dry.

Nartek
November 27 2011, 09:49:34 PM
Lydia in heavily enchanted legendary Ebony, wielding Dawnbreaker (a daedric quest sword that makes undead EXPLODE)

I would love to have a dress-up-doll... err, companion out and about with me, but 2H sword+Sweep perk means having to "oh shit" to healing in fights... And trying to play hit and run with enemies while stealthing results in:

Sneak sneak sneak... hidden.
You used Bowshot w/Ebony Bow+Orcish Arrow on----Forsworn guard number 1 of 20 in this room.
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
Sleepy eye up, "WHERE ARE YOU?"X20
Companion: "AAAAALLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH AAAAAAKKKKKBBBBAAAAARRRRRR MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!"

Seriously, I got tired of telling my companions to wait at the entrance while I ventured forth in throat slitting mode.

sahtila
November 27 2011, 09:50:40 PM
The only reason why that would be overpowered is the conjuration part, your daedra summons or w/e profit from weapon scaling but destruction is pretty gimped once content outscales your spells. Compared to the overpowered state of physical weapons and abused enchanting/smithing that is.

Pure destruction is just fine at lvl41 currently, and I dont even have best spells yet afaik. Double hand Fireball kills almost everything and pushback/stun it does every hit is nice.

Intigo
November 27 2011, 10:10:20 PM

Pure destruction is just fine at lvl41 currently, and I dont even have best spells yet afaik. Double hand Fireball kills almost everything and pushback/stun it does every hit is nice.

On what difficulty? Because anything is easy on Adept. :p

Roam
November 27 2011, 10:11:28 PM
I'm not pure destro (I'm not pure anything, mix and match whatever I feel like doing at that precise moment), but I've recently only been using destro magic exclusively on master, and I do alright.

Rans
November 27 2011, 10:13:23 PM
also runes are fun as hell...especially those that aren't mine and i don't see them and they kill me

orcane
November 27 2011, 10:15:37 PM

Fine, yes, better than weapon-based "specs" let alone overpowered, not.

Then again the whole weapon/smithing/enchanting haxxoring is about on a level with >100% chameleon, it just makes your character more godlike than necessary most of the time.

Grarr Dexx
November 27 2011, 10:39:01 PM
also runes are fun as hell...especially those that aren't mine and i don't see them and they kill me

Run into runes on the floor, die, next run through the dungeon look at the floor. Rune on the wall.

Chrien
November 27 2011, 11:11:08 PM
I gave up on my attempt to play a Conjuration Battlemage wearing light armour on Master, constantly got 1-2 hit by shit, not to mention trying to kill other casters was painful. Nothing more frustrating than when you finally do close the gap on a caster and you find that he actually takes a hit better than the melee guys... and then lightning bolts you in the face and kills you.

As a result I have insanely high conjuration, but pitiful destruction which is proving tedious to level right now.

fig
November 27 2011, 11:54:15 PM
Anybody else having the game randomly crash to desktop? No error messages or anything, it just insta-closes sometimes.

Brisi
November 27 2011, 11:59:53 PM
Anybody else having the game randomly crash to desktop? No error messages or anything, it just insta-closes sometimes.

I just had one now, but it's the first I've had in some 70 hours of playtime, so dunno if it was just something random for me.

FatFreddy
November 28 2011, 12:09:31 AM

A few times, but very rarely.

Demoser
November 28 2011, 02:06:02 AM

Ive had it crash a few times as well. It seems a few places and events are bugged and can just cause the game to crash with no warning or message.

Demoser
November 28 2011, 02:06:30 AM

Ive had it crash a few times as well. It seems a few places and events are bugged and can just cause the game to crash with no warning or message.

Grarr Dexx
November 28 2011, 02:40:10 AM
I gave up on my attempt to play a Conjuration Battlemage wearing light armour on Master, constantly got 1-2 hit by shit, not to mention trying to kill other casters was painful. Nothing more frustrating than when you finally do close the gap on a caster and you find that he actually takes a hit better than the melee guys... and then lightning bolts you in the face and kills you.

As a result I have insanely high conjuration, but pitiful destruction which is proving tedious to level right now.

Conjuration scales far better than destruction, by the way. Nothing like two Storm Thralls permanently by your side.

spasm
November 28 2011, 03:44:46 AM
Found an amusing bug. I discovered if you decapitate an enemy and take their armor and then drop it, it drops their head instead of the armor. I'm collecting thalmor heads.

jbend9620
November 28 2011, 07:45:31 AM
destruction sucks dicks. throw 2 thunderbolts (~75 dmg each) and a guard and it takes off like, 15% of their health.

also, WHY SO MANY FROST IMMUNE/RESISTS? makes mid level conjuration hell.

omeg
November 28 2011, 07:58:38 AM
destruction sucks dicks. throw 2 thunderbolts (~75 dmg each) and a guard and it takes off like, 15% of their health.

also, WHY SO MANY FROST IMMUNE/RESISTS? makes mid level conjuration hell.

Yeah, I found destruction lacking. Have it higher than one handed (~90 destro, ~80 1h), got all destruction dmg perks but 1-handed is at 2/5 dmg, and can still 2-3 shot people with my smithed ebony sword and spells tend to do shit all. I'm level 45 or so. Doesn't help that weapons can be upgraded to insane levels, but spells? Didn't see any dmg-up enchants. Staves could use some I suppose. Also top level destro perks are fucking useless. And higher level spells have terribad dmg/cost ratio.

Ens
November 28 2011, 09:54:22 AM
Destro isn't so bad when you get 4x25% Destro magicka cost reduction enchants and then use the rest of the enchants for resists/carry capacity/etc. 0 cost destro spells allowing for infinite chain lightning for lols.

Dragonscale armor with a few light armor perks + above enchants = >1k armor easily.

Ens
November 28 2011, 09:54:37 AM
Destro isn't so bad when you get 4x25% Destro magicka cost reduction enchants and then use the rest of the enchants for resists/carry capacity/etc. 0 cost destro spells allowing for infinite chain lightning for lols.

Dragonscale armor with a few light armor perks + above enchants = >1k armor easily.

Voulture
November 28 2011, 10:13:35 AM
Am i bad for running with robes on my mage? :< I got like 0 light armor.

Sandzibar
November 28 2011, 10:26:14 AM

nah that makes you balls deep hardcore.

except youre a mage which automatically means you are a faggot :D

but youre a balls deep faggot so rejoice.

Jolin
November 28 2011, 10:47:10 AM

I've been running around in robes to get the magicka regen

Rans
November 28 2011, 10:49:06 AM
at some point you stop needing the magicka regen from robes. fuck wearing elven armor though, my orc looks hilarious

Mona
November 28 2011, 11:01:07 AM
at some point you stop needing the magicka regen from robes. fuck wearing elven armor though, my orc looks hilarious

Wheri it is? Around 1000 magicka?

Mona
November 28 2011, 11:01:27 AM
Strange, I'm Werewolf, I sshould be ummune to double poast disease.

Sunabi
November 28 2011, 11:21:38 AM
at some point you stop needing the magicka regen from robes.

Where is it? Around 1000 magicka?

AFAIK once you get the right enchants you can enchant any armor to give you -100% cost on one school (or two schools even?)

Mona
November 28 2011, 11:53:19 AM

AFAIK once you get the right enchants you can enchant any armor to give you -100% cost on one school (or two schools even?)

My enchantig sucks (around 40), but I'll check it.
Fortunatelly I got Investor perk, so selling bazilion enchanted iron daggers is a go. :D

Intigo
November 28 2011, 12:19:17 PM
To people crashing: Apply the 4GB patch, makes Skyrim a whole lot more stable. Especially if you like to do a bit of .ini-tinkering and/or use some of the graphical mods.

In general, just apply the 4GB patch - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

It works great with Simple Borderless Window too - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4

And then do the little .ini-tinker to make stuff look cooler further away: http://deadendthrills.com/2011/11/madness-in-the-method/ - see the uGridsToLoad section. I put mine at 7, anything higher is asking for trouble (default is 5, IIRC)

This has all been posted before but it's good stuff anyway

Ędward
November 28 2011, 12:28:18 PM

Magicka regen is the wrong way to go. You're better off having zero cost spells so you don't need the magicka. Buff your health instead with your level-ups.

Enchant some +Magicka items if you need more to summon something or something before a fight. Zero time to switch apparel remember. :)

Mona
November 28 2011, 12:28:47 PM
To people crashing: Apply the 4GB patch, makes Skyrim a whole lot more stable. Especially if you like to do a bit of .ini-tinkering and/or use some of the graphical mods.

In general, just apply the 4GB patch - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

It works great with Simple Borderless Window too - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4

And then do the little .ini-tinker to make stuff look cooler further away: http://deadendthrills.com/2011/11/madness-in-the-method/ - see the uGridsToLoad section. I put mine at 7, anything higher is asking for trouble (default is 5, IIRC)

Does any of them makes savegames unusable?

Magicka regen is the wrong way to go. You're better off having zero cost spells so you don't need the magicka. Buff your health instead with your level-ups.

Meh, with impact perk I have to realy screw up to let them hit me. 1500 lb is a go. :D

Brisi
November 28 2011, 12:46:37 PM

Didn't someone say that armor caps out at around 600?

Lady Spank
November 28 2011, 12:52:14 PM
Armour caps at five hundered and something.

Intigo
November 28 2011, 12:58:16 PM

Does any of them makes savegames unusable?

Read the part about uGridsLoad. If the uGrids value on a save is higher than the current value on the game (would never happen if you just switch from 5 to 7 and leave it there) then it won't load, but it's easily fixed with a console command.

So no, none of them makes saves unusable

Ędward
November 28 2011, 01:09:56 PM
Ah Skyrim, something for everyone...

Just discovered (and nuked) a wolf pit-fighting ring run by bandits. Killed all the scum, including the gamblers in attendance.

None shall escape my moral outrage at cruelty to puppies!!!!!

spasm
November 28 2011, 01:13:55 PM

With enchanting/alchemy I got deadric armor to go over 1500.

Sandzibar
November 28 2011, 01:16:19 PM
yeah but with the damage reduction cap at a value of around 600 youve got 900 spare there buddy, apparently :D

Cool09
November 28 2011, 01:27:46 PM

I could answer the question but instead will fap about how much armor I have. FAP FAP FAP

FYP

Ishanda
November 28 2011, 02:09:17 PM
567 is the hard armour cap. You can raise your armour above this point, but it does nothing. Source (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor#Armor_Cap)

I have uGridsToLoad at 9 and notice no significant unstability.

Fara
November 28 2011, 02:49:17 PM
maybe you faggots need to stop breaking the game by making an ultre retarded max capped out char. nerdos

Rans
November 28 2011, 02:52:34 PM
maybe you faggots need to stop breaking the game by making an ultre retarded max capped out char. nerdos
*posts on a forum that is a copy of an older forum for internet spaceships
*has a sig with pony cartoons for kids
*has a quote of the old admin who was a dick
*posts in the other games section
*in an RPG thread
*calls people nerdos.
*is Fara.

Fara
November 28 2011, 02:54:51 PM
*in an RPG thread
*calls people nerdos.
*is Fara.

OP SUCCESS

XenosisReaper
November 28 2011, 02:59:48 PM
*in an RPG thread
*calls people nerdos.
*is Fara.

OP SUCCESS

ITT lol

orcane
November 28 2011, 03:55:52 PM
Also breaking games is fun. I love it if the games let me do that (with some effort).

Aramendel
November 28 2011, 05:25:00 PM

The problem is that you do not need to make an "ultre retarded max capped out char". The game breaks a fair amount before that. You can make 500 damage onehanders, but 200 damage ones are already plenty to break it.

Alistair
November 28 2011, 05:29:09 PM
I think, perhaps, I've played MMO's too long.

For all of Skyrim's brilliance, it all feels so....scripted and predictable and made up.

Like what being on a poor-quality Holo-Deck (yes, lame Star Trek Reference) might be like.

Pretty, interesting, but eventually you see it's all just fake. There are no PEOPLE in Skyrim, just Bots running Scripts.

Maybe thats why I keep coming bac to EVE, despite at times a loathing for it. Even on a bad day, EVE is alive with real people.

.shrug.

Nicholai Pestot
November 28 2011, 05:35:16 PM

The problem is that you do not need to make an "ultre retarded max capped out char". The game breaks a fair amount before that.You can make 500 damage onehanders, but 200 damage ones are already plenty to break it.

Bolded the part that stops it being a problem for anyone who isn't a sperger.

tHornton
November 28 2011, 05:41:41 PM
I think, perhaps, I've played MMO's too long.

For all of Skyrim's brilliance, it all feels so....scripted and predictable and made up.

Like what being on a poor-quality Holo-Deck (yes, lame Star Trek Reference) might be like.

Pretty, interesting, but eventually you see it's all just fake. There are no PEOPLE in Skyrim, just Bots running Scripts.

Maybe thats why I keep coming bac to EVE, despite at times a loathing for it. Even on a bad day, EVE is alive with real people.

.shrug.

sorry 2 break it to you mate, but i think u have high functioning autism

Aramendel
November 28 2011, 05:42:57 PM

The problem is that you do not need to make an "ultre retarded max capped out char". The game breaks a fair amount before that.You can make 500 damage onehanders, but 200 damage ones are already plenty to break it.

Bolded the important part that makes it a problem to help people who cannot read properly and seem to think that insults are a valid alternative for arguments.

depili
November 28 2011, 05:46:32 PM

Yeah, breaking a bethseda game hasn't been too difficult until the fallout series as they don't have custom crafting/spellmaking. Remember that way back in daggerfall I used to have just +magica enchants on everything (you could even wear gems and banners back then...) and then had a spell that did insane AoE damage on an insane radius and pretty much cooked everything in a dungeon on one casting, took all the magica but...

TZeer
November 28 2011, 05:48:24 PM
I`m so gonna make a
"ultre retarded max capped out char"

Lief Siddhe
November 28 2011, 05:51:17 PM
Running around forever in Wolf Armor and wielding a Nord Hero Greatsword (enchanting only 40) on Expert difficulty crew checking in, fuck overpowered items, learn to block and use terrain and companions.

Malaes
November 28 2011, 06:22:03 PM
use terrain

You mean run round in circles till the mob gets stick on something and slowly kill it with a bow?

Mr Marram
November 28 2011, 06:41:05 PM
use terrain

You mean run round in circles till the mob gets stick on something and slowly kill it with a bow?

Jump on a slightly higher plateau and run forwards and backards hacking at the enemies., pray they dont have bows or use magic.

Merk
November 28 2011, 07:14:17 PM
use terrain

Jump on a slightly higher plateau and run forwards and backards hacking at the enemies., pray they dont have bows or use magic.

I feel like a piece of shit (and it kills the immersion) when this happens because I know that I'm just going to sit there for 10 minutes and waste all my ancient Nord arrows trying to kill the 2 giants who are stuck, but if I fight them in a straightforward manner I'll get smashed into paste as soon as my meager stamina reserves run out.

"Maybe you shouldn't fight giants until you can kill them without being a glitch-exploiting shitwaffle."
Yeah maybe I shouldn't, but when I get set upon by 2 giants while in the midst of fighting a dragon.....

Borgh
November 28 2011, 07:21:17 PM
There is this thing called "running like a bitch" which I used to do a lot when faced with giants.

My character is approaching the area where I get to kill many things with one swipe (that elder dragon was still a Fight though) and I'm actually enjoying it. It just shows the growth my char went through and as I didn't powerlevel like mad it all feels pretty natural.

orcane
November 28 2011, 07:25:36 PM
There is this thing called "running like a bitch" which I used to do a lot when faced with giants.

My character is approaching the area where I get to kill many things with one swipe (that elder dragon was still a Fight though) and I'm actually enjoying it. It just shows the growth my char went through and as I didn't powerlevel like mad it all feels pretty natural.
My Breton battlemage is kind of a sissy and several times I was like "hurr durr Force Lightning!", noticed the enemy didn't really care, and that he had about ten friends of the same type. "Running like a bitch" is her second name now.

Shaikar
November 28 2011, 07:35:53 PM
Hurrdurr Runs-Like-A-Bitch sounds like a fine argonian name.

Alistair
November 28 2011, 08:03:02 PM
a glitch-exploiting shitwaffle

Shitwaffle.

Lol.

Gorion Wassenar
November 28 2011, 09:30:51 PM
I love those parts of the game. Becoming a juggernaught of badass sitting on a chair made from gold ingots surrounded by bitches spewing magic out my ass that can lay waste to cities. Handcrafted magic weapons that are so terrible that men weep when their names are spoken. Hefting it over your shoulder as an army led by an eldritch hellbeast from the end times comes to challenge your claim to the rulership of the mortal coil. Fuck yes.

Borgh
November 28 2011, 09:54:28 PM
The point that wherever in spacetime yo are, some enterprising young artificer thinks about taking a lute-but-with-a-longer-neck, hooking it up to tamed lightning and playing some power chords. Yup, love it.

Nicholai Pestot
November 28 2011, 10:24:42 PM
Running around forever in Wolf Armor and wielding a Nord Hero Greatsword (enchanting only 40) on Expert difficulty crew checking in, fuck overpowered items, learn to block and use terrain and companions.

This man 'gets' this type of game.

Spergers like Aramendel never will.

Grarr Dexx
November 28 2011, 10:37:34 PM
use terrain

I feel like a piece of shit (and it kills the immersion) when this happens because I know that I'm just going to sit there for 10 minutes and waste all my ancient Nord arrows trying to kill the 2 giants who are stuck, but if I fight them in a straightforward manner I'll get smashed into paste as soon as my meager stamina reserves run out.

"Maybe you shouldn't fight giants until you can kill them without being a glitch-exploiting shitwaffle."
Yeah maybe I shouldn't, but when I get set upon by 2 giants while in the midst of fighting a dragon.....

Maybe there's some situations where you're just supposed to die, you know.

Aramendel
November 28 2011, 10:49:59 PM

This man 'gets' this type of game.

Spergers like Aramendel never will.

So if you exploit obvious limitations in the AIs pathfinding you "get the game", if you using lvl 80+ smithing and enchanting you are a "sperger".
Okay, gotcha.

orcane
November 28 2011, 11:04:30 PM
use terrain

Maybe there's some situations where you're just supposed to die, you know.
Not acceptable!

RazoR
November 29 2011, 12:48:46 AM
Can anyone explain me how they did not manage to invent firearms after a millennia of steel working? Or at least some fucking crossbows.

Magic is cool and stuff but we are talking about a nation that knows their metals and despises magic.

Also nazi elves best elves.

stormyfs-shitpoastin
November 29 2011, 01:23:02 AM
Why would you bother with firearms when you have mages?

Shaikar
November 29 2011, 01:29:58 AM
Can anyone explain me how they did not manage to invent firearms after a millennia of steel working? Or at least some fucking crossbows.

Magic is cool and stuff but we are talking about a nation that knows their metals and despises magic.

Also nazi elves best elves.It's a world with magic and theres not much reason to prompt firearm invention - eg why would you discover very rudimentary cannons whilst fucking about with fireworks if you're "fireworks" consist of the court wizard doing his thing? Why would anyone care about even trying to improve a cannon to be useful even if they did come up with the idea when you could get much better results by just hiring some battlemages to blow up whatever it is that needs blowing up. And even then theres no guarantee your perfected cannons would be any use in a world of magic where, assuming they worked in the first place, they might just do bugger all to an enchanted wall. Or react badly to someone on the other side casually using a scroll of fireball in the direction of your magazine.

Crossbows do exist in Tamriel (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Crossbows#Crossbows). There aren't any in Skyrim though, presumably because someone decided there was no point in making art assets for a line of crossbows when they'd be end up doing the same job as bows.

Vasponger
November 29 2011, 02:23:40 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lveal7cQDe1qzlfumo1_500.jpg

Kransthow
November 29 2011, 02:59:41 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lveal7cQDe1qzlfumo1_500.jpg
http://1bi.us/6ol
"I yield!", sheathe my weapon, lydia kills them.

Every
fucking
time

Sunabi
November 29 2011, 03:18:26 AM

Also nazi elves best elves.

Crossbows exist in TES, they're just mysteriously absent from Skyrim.

ctrlchris
November 29 2011, 04:49:10 AM
Lydia shits me.

Half the time she just fucks of and comes back like 20 minutes later.

Me
November 29 2011, 04:49:25 AM
Can. 29 of the Second Lateran Council under Pope Innocent II in 1139 banned the use of crossbows against Christians.

Probably something like this happened but replace pope with emperor and christians with by the 9.

On a semi related subject: who else thinks that by the 8 just sounds wierd after being used to by the 9 from the previous games.

Dr.Boomtown
November 29 2011, 05:02:32 AM
Can. 29 of the Second Lateran Council under Pope Innocent II in 1139 banned the use of crossbows against Christians.

Probably something like this happened but replace pope with emperor and christians with by the 9.

On a semi related subject: who else thinks that by the 8 just sounds wierd after being used to by the 9 from the previous games.

by the eight just sounds silly regardless, by the 9 just flows better

Fitzy
November 29 2011, 05:29:35 AM

Me. Which is why the Thalmor die and I plot the death of every high elf I come across.

FatFreddy
November 29 2011, 05:52:53 AM

que

Just had a random npc tell me "by the nine"

Ędward
November 29 2011, 06:21:23 AM
Just had a random npc tell me "by the nine"

I hope you ratted them out to the Thalmor.

FatFreddy
November 29 2011, 06:28:16 AM
I wouldn't even know how, the thalmor bumlord in markarth is all like "be a good snitch boy" and doesn't even have to option to tell him about the annoying preacher in whiterun (i was hoping you could have them take him away), let alone other people.
But apart from that, every thalmor face I encounter in the wild seems to be magically attracted to my axe.

XenosisReaper
November 29 2011, 08:03:04 AM
I wouldn't even know how, the thalmor bumlord in markarth is all like "be a good snitch boy" and doesn't even have to option to tell him about the annoying preacher in whiterun (i was hoping you could have them take him away), let alone other people.
But apart from that, every thalmor face I encounter in the wild seems to be magically attracted to my axe.

You could just burn whiterun to the ground

XenosisReaper
November 29 2011, 08:03:20 AM

You could just burn whiterun to the ground

tHornton
November 29 2011, 08:53:44 AM
RPS has a few articles based on one guy who played it for three hours and seems to be some sort of tradeskill addict, sounds like fun (and then, the companion/conjured ally AI sounds terrible, again :D).

I'll have to comment on this boycott/lawsuit thing though, because some of you people are being ridiculous.

Because the people that develop the games have control over the legal department, amirite?
No but it's still the same company and that's the whole point of a boycott in a free market. You can't really go and boycott the legal department directly now, can you?

"Boycotting Bethesda Games Because of the Retarded Scrolls Lawsuit" crew checking in. Too bad really because Skyrim looks fantastic.

So your not gonna play what may arguably be a contender for game of the year because Bethesda is suing Minecraft because of "scrolls"

What an absolute fucktard, really, can you be this dumb, all that's gonna happen is someone will relent it won't go to court, or it will (it doesn't matter) somone will win, both companies will go on with their lives and the only people to be affected will be retards like you who miss out on epic games because of what? Stupidity that's what. You're a mong, please end yourself.
And you're a typical consumer sheep. Same goes for the other idiots on the previous page who voiced similar opinions.

If you can't skip a good game once in a while (for whatever reasons) you need help. But if everyone is going out and buying games no matter what the companies do, no wonder the game industry is where it's now, churning out clones of the same 3-4 game designs left, right and center. And no, "just pirate is" is just a dumb option (because you're still a sheep, but now you're also sending the signal that yes you want the game badly enough, but no you don't want to pay the people who made and distributed it).

Eventually it's his money and he can do what he wants with it, and companies have no way of knowing whether consumers are happy with their products except for looking at sales numbers - how is he a fucktard for doing what is one of two options the consumer has in our economic system (buy things you deem worth it, skip those you don't)?

Sure one lost sale is nothing, but by that logic we have to buy everything we remotely want because surely there's enough entertainment value in it and one lost sale/vote/whatever doesn't count, right? Realistically there are several similar goods competing for our hard earned cash (unless you're a pirate, again - opinion invalid) and we decide whether or not to buy either of them based on several factors. Not buying a game based on principles is a valid consumer option and calling people who do it retarded or fucktards is seriously hypocritical.

Maybe the situation he bases his boycott on is going to be resolved, allowing him to play the game. Maybe he's gonna buy it for half the price with all the inevitable DLCs in a few months. Maybe it just won't matter enough because there are dozens of other great games out there from other companies he doesn't boycott. And maybe it's just about attention whoring and then ending up on that screenshot of the "boycott MW2" steam group where half the people are currently playing MW2.

i know this post was posted a long time ago but i'd like to point out that you sound like an utter cunt

Rami
November 29 2011, 09:22:22 AM
Why is the Thalmor Embassy in Solitude empty? Maybe because I have killed most of them and did the winterhold college questline completely. Still...

On the imperial side, saw a large group of Thalmor scouts fight a group of rebels. 3 successive fireballs in the middle of them reduced everyone to a pile of smoking bones.

Smuggo
November 29 2011, 09:32:07 AM
Would be cool if they'd allowed high elf and bosmer characters to join the Thalmor as a third functional faction alongside the legion and stormcloaks. Would be cool doing sneaky things to turn each side even more against the other in the war.

Aramendel
November 29 2011, 09:45:49 AM
It's a world with magic and theres not much reason to prompt firearm invention - eg why would you discover very rudimentary cannons whilst fucking about with fireworks if you're "fireworks" consist of the court wizard doing his thing? Why would anyone care about even trying to improve a cannon to be useful even if they did come up with the idea when you could get much better results by just hiring some battlemages to blow up whatever it is that needs blowing up. And even then theres no guarantee your perfected cannons would be any use in a world of magic where, assuming they worked in the first place, they might just do bugger all to an enchanted wall. Or react badly to someone on the other side casually using a scroll of fireball in the direction of your magazine.

The problem is that this argument does not hold much water if you have already archery being used in the world. If the use of magic would be so omnipresent that firearms would be unnecessary, then archery would not have been invented, too. In the end firearms are a replacement for bows (except in stealth situations, but its not like bows are used in TES as stealth only weapon), not for magic.

And while a powder keg does not react too well on a fireball, neither does a living mage ;)

Mona
November 29 2011, 09:57:42 AM
Mages have Wards, kegs don't.

Aramendel
November 29 2011, 10:17:49 AM
No reason not to ward a keg. Also, you usually do not have your powder kegs where the enemy can attack them easily, they did not do that in RL too for obvious reasons. So in order to attack them you either would have to have either a longer range than the cannons, or survive long enough to get in range.

In the end, since the supply of mages is limited (which it has to, otherwise, as said, archery would not have been invented and still used*) you'll be better off using your mages only to ward your cannons and/or weaken the enchantments of the enemies walls. These are both things which they would have to do *anyway* in a pure magic battle in addition to hurling fireballs (which should be pretty ineffective against stone walls, hurling stones is prolly more realistic). So your defences will last longer than the other side.

tl'dr: By using firearms and magic in combination you would have a bigger army. WHich is plenty of reason to use them.

* There are other possible reasons other than limited supply of mages, like magic being unable to reach the range of archery or a worse rate of fire or its being easier to defend against magic than arrows. Either way, there has to be one or several significant drawbacks on magic, otherwise other forms of long range combat would be not existent.

XenosisReaper
November 29 2011, 10:27:56 AM
Well this is shit.

I'm was doing the stormcloak questline, and I got to the stage where I can buy a house, so, I saved up my golds and bought said house because it's a pretty cool city and I thought that for 12000 gold it would be better than whiterun's shitty hovel.

Oh wait. The house is an empty dump covered in blood and with a strange altar in the basement, apparently it's for a quest about a murderer or someshit, I'm going to finish the quest and if somebody doesn't tidy my house up and give me some goddam furniture I am going to kill every last civilian in this city.

Borgh
November 29 2011, 10:35:41 AM
Solution to the screaming guy in Whiterun: go stealth mode, make sure you are not seen. Cast Fury on the fucker. Be a valiant defender of the town and shove a battleaxe up his bum or just have the guards clean him up.
????
enjoy the silence.