PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Fire

Lallante
February 1 2013, 12:12:29 PM
How should it / will it be implemented?

IMO as Dust514==Eve, FF needs to be 100% damage, in all game modes, at all times. FF should be a valid choice to make, "spoiling" on the opposing team.

HOWEVER

I think it shouldnt be implemented until the "commander" concept is implemented, and commanders should be able to disable respawns (not kick from server, not Eve enough) at will.

In addition I think that post-match, friendly ISK losses to FF should totaled and there should be a button on the teamkillers interface to "repay friendlies" for damage caused to them. An easy, automatic option. Not a requirement. Perhaps a commander could set up the match with this set to always on, who knows.

A sec-status equiv concept could be introduced, with repeated TKers ending up with a bad -9.9 reputation so at least you know they are coming.

There also needs to be some mechanic to discourage recycling alts in militia gear just to FF troll (much like recycling alts for suicide ganking in highsec is banned in eve).

Basically I'd like to see eve parallels and open FF, but not "free for all, consequenceless, unstoppable FF". In Eve you can do anything you want, but there are consequences. Dust should be the same

Jack bubu
February 1 2013, 02:47:52 PM
Well i think for the instant (meaningless highsec) matches it should be disabled, it would just result in extreme griefing with militia suits dudes targeting expensive friendlies.

But for all the Corp Matches and what else they plan to implement it should be 100% FF, and actually i would like to see it enabled right now

Lallante
February 4 2013, 09:29:08 AM
I dont see how disabled friendly fire in any way fits with the Eve universe. How do you explain it?

definatelynotKKassandra
February 4 2013, 09:55:09 AM
I dont see how disabled friendly fire in any way fits with the Eve universe. How do you explain it?

Well, you could explain it for guns with some kind of IFF that stops the gun firing if pointed at a friendly. For AOE, no idea. Jovians?

Rakshasa The Cat
February 4 2013, 10:01:20 AM

Really hope they add ambush / skirmish where friendly fire is turned on, even without the safeguards being in place.

There is however an issue with disabling FF, cause you need battle modes where people can't be kept from participating.

Alain Colcer
February 4 2013, 11:08:34 AM
applying FF on at all times makes DUST514 much more tactical than your average shooter, you cannot be reckless anymore.

Mike deVoid
February 4 2013, 11:25:17 AM

IMO, from a gameplay perspective there would need to be some (entry level) game modes that do not have friendly fire. Griefplay is a fast way to generate complaint and bad feeling amongst beginners and noobs. But upon advancing to the more exciting and in-depth game modes should include friendly fire.

As for the 'realism' or verisimilitude of the the eve universe; attempting to adhere to such aspects doesn't always lead to the best gameplay mechanic decisions.

Jack bubu
February 4 2013, 03:12:53 PM

If you "friendly fire" in EVE, you either end up getting concordokkened or will be kicked from whatever corp you are in, in instant matches neither of those principles would apply.

If you would get instadeathed for a friendly fire kill it would also be silly since people would just pile up infront of your vehicle for the lulz..

Steph
February 4 2013, 08:03:47 PM

Canon-wise, current hisec beta shenanigans amount more or less to "lol wargames" amirite?

Nu11u5
February 4 2013, 08:10:33 PM

Nanobots.

Sponk
February 4 2013, 08:27:57 PM
Jovians.

Steph
February 4 2013, 08:28:46 PM
Jovian nanobots.

Mike deVoid
February 4 2013, 09:06:46 PM
Rep[air] Cartels

Marlona Sky
February 5 2013, 05:38:16 PM