PDA

View Full Version : Logistic repping advice

Luna Lee
May 5 2011, 12:01:43 PM
I'm wondering which is the better method of the two or maybe there's a third better way that hasn't occurred to me yet. It's entirely possible that the method depends on the numbers and ship types you're facing as well. I don't have enough experience yet to say.

Friendly calls for reps. You target and:

a. You activate all reppers at the same time and hope that the incoming dps doesn't overtake your cycle time.

b. You stagger your reps (1 or 2 secs maybe?) to give a constant rep amount but rep for less over time.

c. well there isn't a 'c' as yet although I am wondering about dealing with multiple rep requests as well so maybe that's c.

cheers

Ędward
May 5 2011, 12:26:41 PM
There is always an option C:

You put your civilian KM whore-er IV on them because there is soooo much alpha these days they're dead anyway and blue KM's are worth double points.

Actually, you should lock up all of your fleet in turn and put a shot into them just to be sure.

forteh
May 5 2011, 12:38:00 PM
there is always the option of not being bad

Dodgy Past
May 5 2011, 12:39:08 PM
a. You activate all reppers at the same time and hope that the incoming dps doesn't overtake your cycle time.

b. You stagger your reps (1 or 2 secs maybe?) to give a constant rep amount but rep for less over time.
Very much a) assuming there's multiple logis since once that's taken into account all the reps will be pretty staggered. b) would mean a 6 second delay between the first and last rep landing which could well end up with the guy dying... especially since you may be trying to not just match incoming DPS but catch up on damage already done.

Samp
May 5 2011, 12:48:40 PM
There is always an option C:

You put your civilian KM whore-er IV on them because there is soooo much alpha these days they're dead anyway and blue KM's are worth double points.

Actually, you should lock up all of your fleet in turn and put a shot into them just to be sure.

This always makes me rage - I'm plate spinning 4 reps and everyone else has half the enemy fleet locked for kms. I guess it's the price you pay to get any cunt to fly them.

Also, nice ligature.

spm1138
May 6 2011, 11:39:22 AM
The only time you'd really make a point of trying to cycle reps is on something with not a lot of buffer like a frig or recon and that's probanly more of a scimi thing anyway. Gwardian reps at end of cycle so it's nail-bitey enough anyway without trying to get clever and stagger cycles.

Generally I just slap everything I've got free on and then tweak the amount till they're holding steady so I got spare reps for other people.

Gluecksbaerchi
May 6 2011, 05:05:00 PM
b for anything significantly smaller than your transporters/reppers. Say you got large s95 on your scimi and try to save that stiletto. Or you're in a carrier.

BuRniZZ
May 6 2011, 09:04:28 PM
I'm with the "target, mash butan" crowd. aka option A.

z0de
May 6 2011, 09:53:26 PM
I'm with the "target, mash butan, rep enemy i was killmail whoring" crowd. aka option A.

Kytus
May 7 2011, 05:07:07 PM
How about repping in lag? Do you turn autorepeat off as with guns or do reps work differently?

Dodgy Past
May 7 2011, 09:59:47 PM
How about repping in lag? Do you turn autorepeat off as with guns or do reps work differently?
Same as guns, turn off auto repeat and click on the icon beside the ship.

My other experience of flying logi is that using the F1-F4 keys plus ctrl clicking broadcasts / shift+ctrl click to unlock is an absolute must.

Tyrus Tenebros
May 8 2011, 12:16:19 AM
I typically go all out for the first few cycles to catch up with damage done then cycle down to fewer reps if he's clearly holding to reduce response time.

Also agree with the above: I only cycle if the target is very low buffer.