PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay tips and little known features

Nu11u5
January 31 2013, 03:59:28 PM
Let's start this thread off about issuing squad orders when you are squad leader:

Squad Orders

Attack: 20% Bonus to War Point gain within proximity of order.
Defend: 20% Bonus to War Point gain within proximity of order.
Capture: 20% Bonus to War Point gain within proximity of order.
Rally

Values listed are gained by Squad Members preforming actions withing the radius of the order.
The Squad Leader gains bonus War Points equal to the bonuses earned by the squad.

Standard Controller

Issuing Orders (As Squad Leader)
Method 1

R2: Opens weapon swap wheel
R3 (while in weapon swap): Opens squad order selection wheel
R1: To assign selected order to current target

Method 2

Down Directional Pad: Opens Overview Map
X on target under rectal: Opens order selection wheel, highlight desired order to assign.

Precision Strike

Right Directional Pad: Opens a context menu
Middle Menu option: Opens PS selection menu.
X opens overview map to select target.

Keyboard & Mouse
Middle mousebutton + Q brings up the Squadorder selectionwheel

Looking for:
I'm looking for specific confirmation of the bonus gains, squad leader gains, and order radius, can anyone confirm these for me?

What are the controls to open the squad orders menus via keyboard, and MOVE controller?

Any additional information considered relevant to this subject.

Cheers,
Cross
https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=376773#post376773

I had no idea there was a radial menu for squad orders before today. Before I had to stop what I was doing in game and switch to the map.

Resi
January 31 2013, 08:04:17 PM
Ha, I knew about the radial menu months a go, but I completely forgot about it until you made this thread.

Mike deVoid
January 31 2013, 08:57:41 PM
Can you amend the description from 1.2 bonus to +20% bonus. I feel this is a bit less ambiguous. I'll have a think about some niche tips to share.

Sponk
January 31 2013, 09:38:24 PM
uplinks: they stop your team respawning right in front of oranges and dying, so use them.

(just don't use them if oranges are camping them )

Jack bubu
February 1 2013, 02:53:35 PM
Supply depots are much more usefull then you probably think, capture them imidiatly.
Railgun turrets are better left to AI control as they actually hit infantry that way.
Rearming granades without spawning has a limit, you cant spam infinitely
Vehicle mount rocket launchers are shit in its current implementation, better go for hybrid.
Gallente LAV skill still costs more ISK then the caldari one (:ccp:)
If you want to farm SPs and hit your cap quickly Ambush is the way to go.
When you repair someone while he kills someone else you will get a 25 "guardian" wp bonus (repping heavys from behind corners is fun :B)

Resi
February 1 2013, 06:14:26 PM
Vehicle mount rocket launchers are shit in its current implementation, better go for hybrid.

I spent a week training for these and found out how bad they were the hard way. I really wonder what CCP's vision is for missiles, as they currently stand they're a slightly better short range anti-tank/instillation weapon than Blasters, but they're far worse than Blasters for dealing with infantry and fast moving vehicles. You're just far better off with Blaster turrets, the only big downside with them is you can't fit as big a buffer tank with Blasters as you can with Missiles.

I think we'll have to wait until larger maps are implemented before we can judge how good Rail Guns are.

Jack bubu
February 1 2013, 06:29:34 PM
a tank with a large and 2 small railguns really fucking hurts, just dont get near any infantry :P

Resi
February 1 2013, 08:06:05 PM
May be obvious but putting remote explosives at one your capture points is both effective and funny

Mike deVoid
February 1 2013, 08:34:37 PM
Put your squad objective on your heavy. He should be dying the least often, which saves you having to re-apply the order. Also, then the order moves with you.

Jack bubu
February 1 2013, 08:35:46 PM
Anti Vehicle Granades are magnetic and fly towards vehicles, usually 2 granades are enough for a easy 3 kill LAV strike.

Sponk
February 2 2013, 02:19:11 AM
demolitions II unlocks proximity av mines....so good.

Jack bubu
February 2 2013, 08:24:06 AM
I heard that they are quite bugged and often end up doing 0 damage

Jack bubu
February 2 2013, 12:44:41 PM
You can find very rare Officer Weapons and other stuff through salvage that you cannot purchase on the market.

Resi
February 2 2013, 04:22:40 PM
You can find very rare Officer Weapons and other stuff through salvage that you cannot purchase on the market.

I had a krin's rifle drop for me once, I went to press triangle on it in the salvage screen to see its stats but that didn't work so I went to my assets afterwards and it wasn't there. :(

So my advice is to never press triangle on any salvage you get in case it trashes it, I haven't tested this out on any other salvage, though.

Jack bubu
February 2 2013, 04:29:21 PM

I had a krin's rifle drop for me once, I went to press triangle on it in the salvage screen to see its stats but that didn't work so I went to my assets afterwards and it wasn't there. :(

So my advice is to never press triangle on any salvage you get in case it trashes it, I haven't tested this out on any other salvage, though.
so far i got 10 officer HMG, Sniper and MP not sure if there is officer loot besides weapons

Nu11u5
February 2 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Only weapons afaik.

Resi
February 2 2013, 07:46:06 PM
Other than that mishap the loot fairies have been good to me, I have 25 top tier drop ships, 2 Marauders and 5 officer pistols.

My advice to anyone with similar loot is to never use it and sell it to people who have more isk than sense when a market gets implemented.

Mike deVoid
February 2 2013, 08:10:49 PM
I don't think isk value of officer weapons will be realised until eve isk flows into the game. Saying that, you have to balance that against the gradual increase in number of the officer weapons in the game.

Opati
February 2 2013, 08:21:02 PM
there is no 30day passive SP booster but you can activate serveral 7 day passive SP boosters at the same time so you don't have to worry about it for the next 63 days :P

Nu11u5
February 3 2013, 12:04:20 AM
I didn't think about trying to stack boosters.. Thanks!

Sponk
February 3 2013, 03:22:45 AM
I heard that they are quite bugged and often end up doing 0 damage

They worked today. Of course I was getting smashed 8:5 by my own corpmates in that ambush map so it was cold comfort.

Sponk
February 3 2013, 03:25:19 AM
ok, content:

* Don't shield tank heavy suits, strangely enough they can't skirmish well.

prometheus
February 3 2013, 10:17:46 PM
Protip;
Shotguns are boss ;)

http://youtu.be/n5ZLu2qQpmw

Jack bubu
February 4 2013, 06:10:26 AM
Yeah shotguns own, but dont bother with breach shotguns and their 2 ammo clip..

prometheus
February 4 2013, 06:37:49 AM
Yeah shotguns own, but dont bother with breach shotguns and their 2 ammo clip..
seriously, it's fucking worthless.

Resi
February 4 2013, 08:41:21 AM
They're so goood, I don't even have any skills in shotguns and use militia gear yet they're still really effective. Amazing weapons for close quarters fighting round a capture point.

Mass Driver + Flux Grenade Logistics is an amazing combination, very useful for providing support to your team mates at choke points and pretty capable by itself. Just put a spawn point down somewhere near, throw nanohives at the feet of your team mates, spam grenades and mass driver rounds in the general direction of the opponents and revive any fallen buddies. Racks up the points and helps win the battle.

Sponk
February 4 2013, 08:25:51 PM
MD Logi is ok but I really miss the flexibility of an assault rifle; not as if I can fit sidearms to the suit.

Sponk
February 4 2013, 08:27:36 PM

edit: heavy type 2 suits have stupidly high shield HP fit some rechargers or whatever and go nuts (probably need speed boost in the low slot to get back into cover tho)

Jack bubu
February 4 2013, 08:50:01 PM

edit: heavy type 2 suits have stupidly high shield HP fit some rechargers or whatever and go nuts (probably need speed boost in the low slot to get back into cover tho)

something i dont understand tbh, a while ago CCP made the HP of all suits of the same class the same, only difference would be the slots and fitting.. either an oversight or derp

Mike deVoid
February 4 2013, 09:06:09 PM
Intentional as the top tier stuff was just too hard to take down. Now you get more slots so you can tank up more as long as you have the SP to fit everything else too.

Jack bubu
February 4 2013, 09:26:26 PM
Intentional as the top tier stuff was just too hard to take down. Now you get more slots so you can tank up more as long as you have the SP to fit everything else too.

i know its intentional, but that heavy dropsuit steps out of the line, thats what i am referring to

Sponk
February 4 2013, 09:32:57 PM
assault suits (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anv4MqUic4uXdFV6el8ya3ZTaGxPSDZCV244WVFzS 1E#gid=0)
logistics suits (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anv4MqUic4uXdGNxVE56U3MwbURmTFFRU1VWcmxwa Hc#gid=0)
scout suits (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anv4MqUic4uXdGU4QnRlOWdDVWpKMmhoOFk5ZjFUT nc#gid=0)
heavy suits (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anv4MqUic4uXdHJxSklNTVA3aFpHM01tWE9jaFQwe kE#gid=0)

All the suits have one shield-tanked and one armor-tanked version (except for logis who have the same HP and rely on slots to shield-vs-armor tank)

Resi
February 4 2013, 09:39:47 PM
assault suits (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anv4MqUic4uXdFV6el8ya3ZTaGxPSDZCV244WVFzS 1E#gid=0)
logistics suits (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anv4MqUic4uXdGNxVE56U3MwbURmTFFRU1VWcmxwa Hc#gid=0)
scout suits (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anv4MqUic4uXdGU4QnRlOWdDVWpKMmhoOFk5ZjFUT nc#gid=0)
heavy suits (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anv4MqUic4uXdHJxSklNTVA3aFpHM01tWE9jaFQwe kE#gid=0)

All the suits have one shield-tanked and one armor-tanked version (except for logis who have the same HP and rely on slots to shield-vs-armor tank)

I'm guessing half of the suits aren't actually the race they're represented as, for example the armour assault suit is actually what the Gallente suit will be like.

And I also think the suit skill training time is supposed to be x2 instead of x8, and in a future update your skill points invested in to suits will be split across the four races. Well I hope that's the case, as x8 is a stupid training modifier for basic suits.

Sponk
February 4 2013, 09:52:03 PM
Yeah they said in the next major update (i.e. after skill cap) they'll be refactoring the suits a lot, as well as adding a bunch of new suit types (inb4 covops suit)

prometheus
February 4 2013, 09:53:40 PM
I reeeaaalllly hope the ARs get a bit of a nerf.
They nerfed the Breach rifle, fine, but the higher tier ARs are just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too accurate and have the same (if not more) range than the laser rifles.

Jack bubu
February 5 2013, 05:49:03 AM

I'm guessing half of the suits aren't actually the race they're represented as, for example the armour assault suit is actually what the Gallente suit will be like.

And I also think the suit skill training time is supposed to be x2 instead of x8, and in a future update your skill points invested in to suits will be split across the four races. Well I hope that's the case, as x8 is a stupid training modifier for basic suits.

huh, i never realized that, thanks :D

Its about time someone makes a DFT (Dust Fitting Tool)

prometheus
February 5 2013, 06:33:07 AM
Its about time someone makes a DFT (Dust Fitting Tool)
I've thought about it :?

Nu11u5
February 5 2013, 12:48:05 PM
In the interm, couldn't someone just create a db file to stick in EFT or PyFa? The logic behind it is the same.

shoki
February 5 2013, 01:08:09 PM
ok, i know i'm risking being infracted and banned, but fuck me sideways this is such a piece of crap
i watched it played and FUCK THIS SHIT
it's like trying to play hardcore plane simulation with only keyboard. LOL. just lol.

eh, why am i raging and sperging like that? because game looks fucking gorgeous, if they only invested that in proper pc FPS or, god forbid, in EvE...

Resi
February 5 2013, 01:35:04 PM
ok, i know i'm risking being infracted and banned, but fuck me sideways this is such a piece of crap
it's like trying to play hardcore plane simulation with only keyboard. LOL. just lol.

eh, why am i raging and sperging like that? because game looks fucking gorgeous, if they only invested that in proper pc FPS or, god forbid, in EvE...

Game looks gorgeous? What?

There's plenty of things wrong with this game and it doesn't really make a good first impression, lots of people think its crap and I can understand their reasoning.

Marlona Sky
February 5 2013, 06:26:49 PM

So you have the option of controller or keyboard and mouse combo, yet you believe if the game was on PC you would magically be better at it? :notsureifserious:

prometheus
February 5 2013, 06:46:28 PM
it's quite laggy, so if it were on pc, it would probably be smoother :P

Marlona Sky
February 5 2013, 07:29:02 PM
it's quite laggy, so if it were on pc, it would probably be smoother :P

I'm not a betting man, but aside from the fact it is still beta and even if there was zero lag; he still would be butt mad because it is not on PC.

Mike deVoid
February 5 2013, 08:52:09 PM

Perhaps some clarity got lost in the rage... but you only WATCHED it being played? Are you complaining about console shooters using console controllers?

Also, I would not agree that the game looks gorgeous.

prometheus
February 5 2013, 08:56:32 PM
With all the textures buffered, and on a darker map, it can look pretty cool IMO

Resi
February 5 2013, 09:02:26 PM
Dust has great textures, they just haven't loaded yet.

Sponk
February 5 2013, 09:15:04 PM
Dust has great textures, they just haven't loaded yet.

Soon(tm)